NATION

PASSWORD

Heroes LIVE [IC | Superhero | OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:06 pm

Eli Chase
Tokyo, Japan
March 6th, 2020

Eli was in his own room, getting a recording set up for an announcement that would be detailing the sale of his music, with a different twist. It wouldn’t be a professional thing, but just enough to make it appear genuine. Taking a seat at his desk, the webcam above his laptop blinked red, and with a smile, he began.

“Greetings, men, ladies, young and old and all in between, DJ Beatdrop here with the first of, well, hopefully many videos regarding my career and music.”

Eli’s face then faded as a black backdrop appeared, a recognisable face came up, belonging to Severina.

“As many of you following the GenNext team would know, we tragically lost one of our own. While it is a shame to lose a promising hero to suicide, we must look beyond that. There are people, just as she, who struggle under the stress of reputation and eventually exhaust themselves. So in light of this, I am reaching out to multiple suicide prevention organizations, such as the National Institute of Mental Health, the Trevor Project, as well as musicians such as myself, and you, the people watching this. That being said, I am forming an organization of my own, one I like to call… the Heavenly Melody Project.”

An icon shone, centered around many other mental health institutions and suicide prevention organizations. It appeared as a musical note with wings and a halo above it. This icon took off upwards, sticking itself onto an album cover.

“With your help, we can get this project off the ground. We can help save lives that need saving most. Not the hostages, not the victims, but those who struggle under the weight of mental illness and the desire to take their own life. When you purchase an album or song with this icon, a tenth of those proceeds go into fuelling the Project, which will then fund fledgeling organizations. If you want to be a hero, then sing a Heavenly Melody with me.”

The video ended with the Heavenly Melody emblem, and most digital copies of his music had them proudly displayed on the lower left corner. Honestly, Eli seemed rather optimistic about it, sure, it might have been jumping off the deep end rather quickly, using a suicide to kickstart it and all, but it was a risk that could pay off, hopefully.

“Alright, now that that is taken care of, I need to make a few phone calls.”

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse