NATION

PASSWORD

Land of Hope and Glory: A British Political RP (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:35 am

Meelducan wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:Which seat would you like?

Bath.

Reserved.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Could I reserve a conservative seat please?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:34 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Could I reserve a conservative seat please?

pls reserve him York Outer guys
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:44 pm

What seat would you like?
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:26 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:

What seat would you like?

Hendon please
YANG GANG 2020

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:32 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:What seat would you like?

Hendon please

Reserved.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:04 pm

What year were the general elections in this RP? The same as in real life?
YANG GANG 2020

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:06 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:What year were the general elections in this RP? The same as in real life?

Yes.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:49 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: The Archipelago Territory
Character Name: Harold Wilson
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 39
Character Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Character Weight: 163 pounds
Character Position/Role/Job: MP for Hendon (2010-present), Secretary of State for the Home Department (2014-2016), Chair of the London Assembly (2006-2008), Member of the London Assembly (2004-2008).
Appearance: Image
Character constituency of Origin: Hendon
Character constituency of Residence: Hendon
Character Party Affiliation: Conservative
Main Strengths: experienced, intelligent, well liked by party, good speaker/debater.
Main Weaknesses: younger (for a politician), no stance on brexit, short tempered, reckless.
Biography:

Harold was born in London, in January 6, 1980. He originally intended to get a business degree, but instead decided to get a degree in political science. In 2002, he graduated from Imperial College London. He managed to become a staffer for an MP for Kensington in December 2002, and worked for him until the end of 2003. He became interested in Westminster, and wanted to become an MP himself. In 2004, he decided to run for the London Assembly for the Conservative Party, and became the chair of the assembly in 2006. He appealed to both conservative and independent voters as a moderate conservative, aligning with most party values. As the chair of the London Assembly, he gained political experience.

In 2008, he decided he would try to enter the 2008 election for Mayor of London. Although he applied, his application was not accepted, and the Conservative party decided to go with a more experienced candidate. He did not seek re-election to the London Assembly, and instead sought to run for MP for Hendon, where he used to live. Before the 2010 General Election began, the Conservative Party chose him as their candidate for the constituency. He chose a socially liberal stance, while sticking to the party’s economic values and stance on immigration and foreign affairs. He campaigned in the constituency, and eventually won with 46% of the vote.

As an MP, he voted based on the policies he was elected on, and with his party. He was a backbencher for his first few years, as he was newly elected. In 2014 he became the Secretary of State for the Home Department, his first cabinet position. In 2015, he was re-elected, winning with 48% of the vote, an improvement from his first election, proving he had support in his local constituency. In 2016, he was criticized because he abstained from the Brexit Vote, choosing not to vote, although he was present in the House of Commons. This hurt him politically, and polls showed that the Brexit Party was gaining support as an alternative to him in Hendon. He eventually won in 2017, gaining 46% of the vote, and returning to the back-benches.

At this point, he decided not to seek a job in the Prime Minister’s cabinet, and instead decided to stay in the background, knowing that he should wait until the time is right to seek a higher office again.

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: The Archipelago Territory

Do Not Remove: 84721
YANG GANG 2020

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:05 pm

(Image)

Character Position/Role/Job: MP for Hendon (2010-present), Secretary of State for the Home Department (2014-2016), Chair of the London Assembly (2006-2008), Member of the London Assembly (2004-2008).
Appearance: (Image)
Main Strengths: experienced, intelligent, well liked by party, good speaker/debater.
Main Weaknesses: younger (for a politician), no stance on brexit, short tempered, reckless.
Biography:

Harold was born in London, in January 6, 1980. He originally intended to get a business degree, but instead decided to get a degree in political science. In 2002, he graduated from Imperial College London. He managed to become a staffer for an MP for Kensington in December 2002, and worked for him until the end of 2003. He became interested in Westminster, and wanted to become an MP himself. In 2004, he decided to run for the London Assembly for the Conservative Party, and became the chair of the assembly in 2006. He appealed to both conservative and independent voters as a moderate conservative, aligning with most party values. As the chair of the London Assembly, he gained political experience.

In 2008, he decided he would try to enter the 2008 election for Mayor of London. Although he applied, his application was not accepted, and the Conservative party decided to go with a more experienced candidate. He did not seek re-election to the London Assembly, and instead sought to run for MP for Hendon, where he used to live. Before the 2010 General Election began, the Conservative Party chose him as their candidate for the constituency. He chose a socially liberal stance, while sticking to the party’s economic values and stance on immigration and foreign affairs. He campaigned in the constituency, and eventually won with 46% of the vote.

As an MP, he voted based on the policies he was elected on, and with his party. He was a backbencher for his first few years, as he was newly elected. In 2014 he became the Secretary of State for the Home Department, his first cabinet position. In 2015, he was re-elected, winning with 48% of the vote, an improvement from his first election, proving he had support in his local constituency. In 2016, he was criticized because he abstained from the Brexit Vote, choosing not to vote, although he was present in the House of Commons. This hurt him politically, and polls showed that the Brexit Party was gaining support as an alternative to him in Hendon. He eventually won in 2017, gaining 46% of the vote, and returning to the back-benches.

At this point, he decided not to seek a job in the Prime Minister’s cabinet, and instead decided to stay in the background, knowing that he should wait until the time is right to seek a higher office again.

Other Info:

You do realise another guy called harold Wilson was PM in the late 60s and early 70s?
Left Without Edge

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:51 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:-snip-

You do realise another guy called harold Wilson was PM in the late 60s and early 70s?

I’m going to change it now.

Sorry about that, I don’t live in the UK, I probably should have googled the name first.
YANG GANG 2020

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:19 pm

(Image)

Biography:

Other Info:

Here are some suggestions to build on the app:

1: I would recommend ageing the app up by a few years.
2: On the whole, the app could do with some spacing in terms of their political career, in particular the section on the London Assembly.
3: Potentially, you could have them stand and be elected in the Assembly's first elections in 2000? Thus providing them with a base for their political career.
4: Unfortunately, they would be unable to app as the Home Secretary between 2014-2016 as the current IC Prime Minister Diane Naismith, served as Home Secretary between 2010 and 2016.
5: It might be best to change the government department in which the app mentions as all of the Conservative MP's thus far, both current and reserved are have or have previously had ministerial careers in the Home Office. However, if you want a government department that is similar, there is the Ministry of Justice.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:10 pm

(Image)

Biography:

Other Info:

Here are some suggestions to build on the app:

1: I would recommend ageing the app up by a few years.
2: On the whole, the app could do with some spacing in terms of their political career, in particular the section on the London Assembly.
3: Potentially, you could have them stand and be elected in the Assembly's first elections in 2000? Thus providing them with a base for their political career.
4: Unfortunately, they would be unable to app as the Home Secretary between 2014-2016 as the current IC Prime Minister Diane Naismith, served as Home Secretary between 2010 and 2016.
5: It might be best to change the government department in which the app mentions as all of the Conservative MP's thus far, both current and reserved are have or have previously had ministerial careers in the Home Office. However, if you want a government department that is similar, there is the Ministry of Justice.

Okay, I’ll probably change it to the foreign ministry or justice ministry. I will also age the app by four years like you said.
YANG GANG 2020

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Right, let's see what we can do to revive this.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:48 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Right, let's see what we can do to revive this.

Morton-Howard has currently got a constituency surgery going on, if you'd like to do that?
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:50 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Right, let's see what we can do to revive this.

Morton-Howard has currently got a constituency surgery going on, if you'd like to do that?

Is that politics slang for Q&A? Because I've never seen my MP pop down to the local surgery.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:52 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:Regarding constituency surgeries, they differ to an extent from Town halls in that rather than constituents asking questions in one single room, it is more like a brief meeting with the MP on a particular subject or issue, consequently, feel free to RP constituents, however, it would be appreciated if this were done in a organised and courteous manner.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:Regarding constituency surgeries, they differ to an extent from Town halls in that rather than constituents asking questions in one single room, it is more like a brief meeting with the MP on a particular subject or issue, consequently, feel free to RP constituents, however, it would be appreciated if this were done in a organised and courteous manner.

Bennett will also do one, so why not?
Please Watch

Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Can I make a Northumbrian nationalist party? If so, how successful would it be?

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:48 pm

Albennia wrote:Can I make a Northumbrian nationalist party? If so, how successful would it be?

Unfortunately, we are merely keeping to the current political parties with the full list of parties being shown below:

The Conservative Party, the Labour Party, the Liberal Democrats, the Brexit Party, The Democratic Unionist Party, the Scottish National Party, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Fein and Independents.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:48 pm

Albennia wrote:Can I make a Northumbrian nationalist party? If so, how successful would it be?

Hi Munk.
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Unfortunately, we are merely keeping to the current political parties with the full list of parties being shown below:

The Conservative Party, the Labour Party, the Liberal Democrats, the Brexit Party, The Democratic Unionist Party, the Scottish National Party, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Fein and Independents.

He could take it, but have no seats. Or he could take one of the independent seats if it happens to he in Northumbria.
Please Watch

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:49 pm

I forgot to say, it's good to see you again, particularly in taking interest in this RP.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:50 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

He could take it, but have no seats. Or he could take one of the independent seats if it happens to he in Northumbria.

Unfortunately we are unwilling to consider that as an option at the moment due to the standing rules on political parties.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:18 am

Is anyone interested in doing an interview with Henderson?
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse