NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon: Warlords and Warriors (OOC: Reboot, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:07 am

To show everyone I'm still here: Here's my half-finished apps for my character's team. Now I've just got to flesh out this hypothetical scholarly daimyo who is their master, so I can give them personalities and backstories. (I was thinking he could be a relative of the Imperial family? Someone who could try to defeat the Fujitsubo and try to seize power for himself in the name of "restoring Imperial authority".)

Name: Hiyoko
Species: Blaziken
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance:

Master:
Biography:
Personality:
Moveset: Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird, Bulk Up
Ability: Blaze
Misc. Info

Name: Mochi
Species: Azumarill
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance:

Master:
Biography:
Personality:
Moveset: Play Rough, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch
Ability: Huge Power
Misc. Info

Name: Donguri
Species: Shiftry
Appearance:

Master:
Biography:
Personality:
Moveset: Sucker Punch, Sunny Day, Leaf Sword, Synthesis
Ability: Chlorophyll
Misc. Info
Signatures are so 2014.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Utceforp wrote:To show everyone I'm still here: Here's my half-finished apps for my character's team. Now I've just got to flesh out this hypothetical scholarly daimyo who is their master, so I can give them personalities and backstories. (I was thinking he could be a relative of the Imperial family? Someone who could try to defeat the Fujitsubo and try to seize power for himself in the name of "restoring Imperial authority".)

Name: Hiyoko
Species: Blaziken
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance:
Master:
Biography:
Personality:
Moveset: Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird, Bulk Up
Ability: Blaze
Misc. Info

Name: Mochi
Species: Azumarill
Appearance:
Master:
Biography:
Personality:
Moveset: Play Rough, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch
Ability: Huge Power
Misc. Info

Name: Donguri
Species: Shiftry
Appearance:
Master:
Biography:
Personality:
Moveset: Sucker Punch, Sunny Day, Leaf Sword, Synthesis
Ability: Chlorophyll
Misc. Info

Looks good so far, and yeah, most of the noble families are related to each other and to the Imperial Family.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Ha Liang
Secretary

Founded: Mar 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ha Liang » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:16 am

Are alolan or galarian forms allowed?

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 am

Ha Liang wrote:Are alolan or galarian forms allowed?

My two cents: Alolan would probably be incredibly rare if present and considering most outside pokemon aren't present in Galar, I don't think Galarian pokemon would be present on the outside.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
Ha Liang wrote:Are alolan or galarian forms allowed?

My two cents: Alolan would probably be incredibly rare if present and considering most outside pokemon aren't present in Galar, I don't think Galarian pokemon would be present on the outside.

Basically this. The main Pokemon we would see are from Kanto-Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. A few from Kalos and Alola might be seen, but as Anarcho said they would be extremely rare and Galar would be almost certainly non-existent.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:14 pm

Britanania wrote:

Basically this. The main Pokemon we would see are from Kanto-Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. A few from Kalos and Alola might be seen, but as Anarcho said they would be extremely rare and Galar would be almost certainly non-existent.

And Unova doesn't exist.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:16 pm

Britanania wrote:Basically this. The main Pokemon we would see are from Kanto-Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. A few from Kalos and Alola might be seen, but as Anarcho said they would be extremely rare and Galar would be almost certainly non-existent.

And Unova doesn't exist.

Right, this is supposed to be like 1100, after all.

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:24 pm

Britanania wrote:
And Unova doesn't exist.

Right, this is supposed to be like 1100, after all.

I mean, I think Unova's history goes back pretty far, but yeah

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:58 pm

IC will be up later tonight

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:29 pm

Britanania wrote:IC will be up later tonight

yes!
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:46 pm

Britanania wrote:

Also, personally, I've restricted my moves to those the pokemon learns naturally or through tutoring - TMs don't exist yet.
Signatures are so 2014.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Britanania wrote:Basically this. The main Pokemon we would see are from Kanto-Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. A few from Kalos and Alola might be seen, but as Anarcho said they would be extremely rare and Galar would be almost certainly non-existent.

Also, personally, I've restricted my moves to those the pokemon learns naturally or through tutoring - TMs don't exist yet.

Yeah, that too, I think everyone else has also just given them moves they learn naturally or through breeding.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:37 pm

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:11 am

Since they're important enough, here are applications for Saki's two regents

Nation Name: Miekzhemy
Character Name: Yukimura Sanjo
Appearance:
Profession: Courtier
Court Rank: N/A
Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city): N/A
Currently serving (If Warrior or Courtier): Okugawa no Saki, Daimyo of Kikyō
Home: Kikyō
Biography:
While many courtiers and and councilors have come and gone within the court of the Okugawa clan, Sanjo has outserved and, in many cases, outlived them all. Hailing from a simple market village on the outskirts of Okugawa Motohide's domain, Sanjo was elevated from that of a humble accountant to a distinguished and well-educated member of Motohide's court. He would go on to tutor the Daimyo's young son Motonari who, upon succeeding his father, appointed Sanjo as one of his most trusted advisors.

For several years, Sanjo would work diligently in all manners of statecraft. Even when tragedy struck - when Daimyo Motonari and his wife were slain following a devastating court rivalry, plunging the court into years of corruption and political backstabbing under the faux-rulership of Motonari's young daughter, Sanjo kept his head down, and plotted in silence. Honoring the memory of his lord and mentor, and his father before that, Sanjo instigated a coup within Kikyō's own court, purging it of all those that sought to exploit their power as a regency council for their own personal gain.

Now, with order restored and Kikyō's rightful lord in absolute control, Sanjo tutors and advises yet another generation of the Okugawa clan. His relationship with the young Daimyo, however, is more than a simple regent. Aside from the few other servants and caretakers in service to the clan, Sanjo is one of the few people Saki considers as family. He is a parent to her in everything but name.
Personality: Soft-spoken and pragmatic, Sanjo embodies that of a silent workhorse. He toils ceaselessly in the name of his liege, but rarely seeks recognition or praise.
Pokemon (no more than 3 to start): WIP
Misc. Info

Character Name: Matsuda Ujinori
Appearance:
Profession: Warrior
Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city):
Currently serving (If Warrior or Courtier):
Biography:
Like many powerful houses within the Empire, Clan Okugawa has under its overlordship the service of numerous other noble houses. The Matsuda clan is one of these families. Ujinori, a seasoned and distinguished samurai by adulthood, swore fealty to Daimyo Okugawa Motonari, and entered his court as a humble retainer. The two young men quickly became good friends, training and strategizing together. And if their families were not close enough, Ujinori eventually offered his own sister as a marriage candidate for the Daimyo, who gratefully accepted. By the time young Saki was born, Ujinori held the prestigious responsibility of commanding Clan Okugawa's military forces.

His reputation as a brave and honorable warrior has only grown since then, and was revered as a brash paragon of might and virtue. And after the untimely deaths of his own sister and good friend, Ujinori persevered in the name of the clan he served. When Sanjo came to him with a plan to purge corrupted officials and put in place a new regency, Ujinori immediately offered his full support. With military backing and the hearts of the people on their side, their coup was successful, and Ujinori's niece Saki was restored to her rightful position as absolute ruler.

While not necessarily her official guardian, Ujinori has a close relationship with the young Saki. While Sanjo's rigid lectures and by-the-book nature can be a cause for boredom in the Daimyo, Ujinori often indulges and participates in the mischief she pulls within the court. While some see it as inappropriate, it is often overlooked, as it does not affect the rowdy General's unwavering service to the realm.
Personality:
Boisterous and brash to a fault, Ujinori is a paragon of might and virtue. While his strength and bravery has led him to accomplish great feats, many believe that his impulsiveness will be his downfall.
Misc. Info
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:Since they're important enough, here are applications for Saki's two regents

Character Name: Yukimura Sanjo
Appearance:
(Image)
Profession: Courtier
Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city): N/A
Currently serving (If Warrior or Courtier): Okugawa no Saki, Daimyo of Kikyō
Biography:
While many courtiers and and councilors have come and gone within the court of the Okugawa clan, Sanjo has outserved and, in many cases, outlived them all. Hailing from a simple market village on the outskirts of Okugawa Motohide's domain, Sanjo was elevated from that of a humble accountant to a distinguished and well-educated member of Motohide's court. He would go on to tutor the Daimyo's young son Motonari who, upon succeeding his father, appointed Sanjo as one of his most trusted advisors.

For several years, Sanjo would work diligently in all manners of statecraft. Even when tragedy struck - when Daimyo Motonari and his wife were slain following a devastating court rivalry, plunging the court into years of corruption and political backstabbing under the faux-rulership of Motonari's young daughter, Sanjo kept his head down, and plotted in silence. Honoring the memory of his lord and mentor, and his father before that, Sanjo instigated a coup within Kikyō's own court, purging it of all those that sought to exploit their power as a regency council for their own personal gain.

Now, with order restored and Kikyō's rightful lord in absolute control, Sanjo tutors and advises yet another generation of the Okugawa clan. His relationship with the young Daimyo, however, is more than a simple regent. Aside from the few other servants and caretakers in service to the clan, Sanjo is one of the few people Saki considers as family. He is a parent to her in everything but name.
Personality: Soft-spoken and pragmatic, Sanjo embodies that of a silent workhorse. He toils ceaselessly in the name of his liege, but rarely seeks recognition or praise.
Misc. Info

Character Name: Matsuda Ujinori
Appearance:
(Image)
Profession: Warrior
Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city):
Currently serving (If Warrior or Courtier):
Biography:
Like many powerful houses within the Empire, Clan Okugawa has under its overlordship the service of numerous other noble houses. The Matsuda clan is one of these families. Ujinori, a seasoned and distinguished samurai by adulthood, swore fealty to Daimyo Okugawa Motonari, and entered his court as a humble retainer. The two young men quickly became good friends, training and strategizing together. And if their families were not close enough, Ujinori eventually offered his own sister as a marriage candidate for the Daimyo, who gratefully accepted. By the time young Saki was born, Ujinori held the prestigious responsibility of commanding Clan Okugawa's military forces.

His reputation as a brave and honorable warrior has only grown since then, and was revered as a brash paragon of might and virtue. And after the untimely deaths of his own sister and good friend, Ujinori persevered in the name of the clan he served. When Sanjo came to him with a plan to purge corrupted officials and put in place a new regency, Ujinori immediately offered his full support. With military backing and the hearts of the people on their side, their coup was successful, and Ujinori's niece Saki was restored to her rightful position as absolute ruler.

While not necessarily her official guardian, Ujinori has a close relationship with the young Saki. While Sanjo's rigid lectures and by-the-book nature can be a cause for boredom in the Daimyo, Ujinori often indulges and participates in the mischief she pulls within the court. While some see it as inappropriate, it is often overlooked, as it does not affect the rowdy General's unwavering service to the realm.
Personality:
Boisterous and brash to a fault, Ujinori is a paragon of might and virtue. While his strength and bravery has led him to accomplish great feats, many believe that his impulsiveness will be his downfall.
Misc. Info

Looks good, I'll add them to the roster

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:43 pm

Interesting idea, but a few questions first,
1, Do Pokemon have to be native to Kanto and Johto? For Example, I'm a huge fan of Hydreigon, and a quite a few of my favorite Pokemon are not native to the first 2 gens, would that have any effect on rp?
2, Is there already an antagonist in place?
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact
Call of Duty: Warzone

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:49 pm

DeltaSource wrote:Interesting idea, but a few questions first,
1, Do Pokemon have to be native to Kanto and Johto? For Example, I'm a huge fan of Hydreigon, and a quite a few of my favorite Pokemon are not native to the first 2 gens, would that have any effect on rp?

1. The majority of Pokemon would be from the regions based on the Japanese isles, so Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. The question has come up before, it is possible to see Pokemon native to Kalos, but anything else would be extremely rare. I'm not forbidding it, but there needs to be a very good reason for them.

2. The antagonist sort of depends on your take. At present, Suke, the Sage of Shion is the "main antagonist" but quickly I expect the Empress and her father to take that role for some people. In that sense, the story is a bit of a sandbox, but the overreaching story at present is the Imperial Government fighting Suke.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Britanania wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:Interesting idea, but a few questions first,

1. The majority of Pokemon would be from the regions based on the Japanese isles, so Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. The question has come up before, it is possible to see Pokemon native to Kalos, but anything else would be extremely rare. I'm not forbidding it, but there needs to be a very good reason for them.

2. The antagonist sort of depends on your take. At present, Suke, the Sage of Shion is the "main antagonist" but quickly I expect the Empress and her father to take that role for some people. In that sense, the story is a bit of a sandbox, but the overreaching story at present is the Imperial Government fighting Suke.

Ok, makes sense, so if I wanted to, and had a good reason for it, I could have my Hydreigon? But keep it limited to him for Pokemon not from gens 1-4, or sometimes gen 6? Also, seeing as this is set at an older time period, I have noticed the picture style used, and was wondering how you felt about using characters that were from Fire Emblem or a game with similar clothing style instead of the ones used (If that wouldn't be too much of a stretch based off time periods in the first place)? I'm just not a huge fan of the clothing in ancient Japan, nothing against them, just like I'm not a huge fan of clothing from ancient Egypt, the style just don't appeal to me. If these questions burden you, I sincerely apologize.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:00 pm

DeltaSource wrote:
Britanania wrote:1. The majority of Pokemon would be from the regions based on the Japanese isles, so Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. The question has come up before, it is possible to see Pokemon native to Kalos, but anything else would be extremely rare. I'm not forbidding it, but there needs to be a very good reason for them.

Ok, makes sense, so if I wanted to, and had a good reason for it, I could have my Hydreigon? But keep it limited to him for Pokemon not from gens 1-4, or sometimes gen 6? Also, seeing as this is set at an older time period, I have noticed the picture style used, and was wondering how you felt about using characters that were from Fire Emblem or a game with similar clothing style instead of the ones used (If that wouldn't be too much of a stretch based off time periods in the first place)? I'm just not a huge fan of the clothing in ancient Japan, nothing against them, just like I'm not a huge fan of clothing from ancient Egypt, the style just don't appeal to me. If these questions burden you, I sincerely apologize.

Nah, it's fine, I'm here to answer questions, after all

Yes, you could have a Hydregion, but it would need to be super compelling. Like, a merchant from a far off land caught a Deino and sold it to another merchant and so on until it found its way to Kanto-Johto, et cetera.

You could honestly use any picture you want. It's just a representation, anyway. Fire Emblem: Birthright has characters with a more "Eastern" style after all.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Britanania wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:Ok, makes sense, so if I wanted to, and had a good reason for it, I could have my Hydreigon? But keep it limited to him for Pokemon not from gens 1-4, or sometimes gen 6? Also, seeing as this is set at an older time period, I have noticed the picture style used, and was wondering how you felt about using characters that were from Fire Emblem or a game with similar clothing style instead of the ones used (If that wouldn't be too much of a stretch based off time periods in the first place)? I'm just not a huge fan of the clothing in ancient Japan, nothing against them, just like I'm not a huge fan of clothing from ancient Egypt, the style just don't appeal to me. If these questions burden you, I sincerely apologize.

Nah, it's fine, I'm here to answer questions, after all

Yes, you could have a Hydregion, but it would need to be super compelling. Like, a merchant from a far off land caught a Deino and sold it to another merchant and so on until it found its way to Kanto-Johto, et cetera.

You could honestly use any picture you want. It's just a representation, anyway. Fire Emblem: Birthright has characters with a more "Eastern" style after all.

What psychic powers do you have? That was my plan for having the Hydreigon...thank you so much, if I have time I'll have an app up tonight.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:08 pm

DeltaSource wrote:
Britanania wrote:Nah, it's fine, I'm here to answer questions, after all

What psychic powers do you have? That was my plan for having the Hydreigon...thank you so much, if I have time I'll have an app up tonight.

If the Pokemon can learn the moves through levelling up or through breeding, it's fair game.

And because Hydreigon is a pseudo-legendary I assume you'll make it like a sort of "family relic" which we have precedence for.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:13 pm

Britanania wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:What psychic powers do you have? That was my plan for having the Hydreigon...thank you so much, if I have time I'll have an app up tonight.

If the Pokemon can learn the moves through levelling up or through breeding, it's fair game.

And because Hydreigon is a pseudo-legendary I assume you'll make it like a sort of "family relic" which we have precedence for.

Lol, no not the move psychic, I was implying that you read my mind. and since I'm posting might as well confirm that by family relic you mean passed down from father to son?
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:15 pm

DeltaSource wrote:
Britanania wrote:If the Pokemon can learn the moves through levelling up or through breeding, it's fair game.

Lol, no not the move psychic, I was implying that you read my mind. and since I'm posting might as well confirm that by family relic you mean passed down from father to son?

Yes. For example, if you read Miek's app, his character as an Unown who has been in the family for generations.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:17 pm

Britanania wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:Lol, no not the move psychic, I was implying that you read my mind. and since I'm posting might as well confirm that by family relic you mean passed down from father to son?

Yes. For example, if you read Miek's app, his character as an Unown who has been in the family for generations.

wai- noticed a problem with my stuff...I don't want to be that guy.....but is it possible to be someone who isn't a dynamo or in charge of land? I'm sorry again for taking up unnecessary time, it's simply that I don't want to take a risk and do something that isn't allowed.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:19 pm

DeltaSource wrote:
Britanania wrote:Yes. For example, if you read Miek's app, his character as an Unown who has been in the family for generations.

wai- noticed a problem with my stuff...I don't want to be that guy.....but is it possible to be someone who isn't a dynamo or in charge of land? I'm sorry again for taking up unnecessary time, it's simply that I don't want to take a risk and do something that isn't allowed.

Yes, that would be possible. You could be in the service of another Lord, for example, or a wandering samurai.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse