NATION

PASSWORD

[Interest Check / Concept] The Hearts of Men

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5779
Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:03 pm

North Timeria wrote:will you set up a discord?


That's a decent idea, I'll get on that tomorrow if I get the chance!

User avatar
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Minister
 
Posts: 3184
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:48 am

I'd be interested in this. Tagging

User avatar
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 18119
Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:01 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:
North Timeria wrote:will you set up a discord?


That's a decent idea, I'll get on that tomorrow if I get the chance!

I’d advise against it. Nothing kills an OOC like a discord, since only a small amount of people can be active, and they will decide everything while people in difficult time zones will have nothing.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled


Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

User avatar
Gudmund
Envoy
 
Posts: 224
Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Gudmund » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:46 am

Seems cool, definitely interested. Are we limited to Barons, Counts, and Dukes? What about knights, mercenaries, or bandits? I'd like to adapt over an order of knights from another RP, their focus was an imprisoned dragon whose scales were used to make powerful gear.
Image
I got bored and ended up badly editing the likely-to-be-replaced-anyway banner
Civilisation:
Tier 8, Level 3, Type 7
An 8.625 civilization - according to this index
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Leader: Albani Gudmund
Region: The United Federations
Setting: FT (2060+), the ruling nation of a non-human, low population, galactic Empire spanning just beyond its solar system. Primarily using advanced, mass-produced droids to handle most menial tasks and to fill the ranks of its military alongside living soldiers.

User avatar
The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5779
Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:32 am

Gudmund wrote:Seems cool, definitely interested. Are we limited to Barons, Counts, and Dukes? What about knights, mercenaries, or bandits? I'd like to adapt over an order of knights from another RP, their focus was an imprisoned dragon whose scales were used to make powerful gear.
(Image)
I got bored and ended up badly editing the likely-to-be-replaced-anyway banner


Honestly it’s a case of Dukes and below. So knights etc would all be totally acceptable. I just don’t want any Kings and Emperors running around from the start. Though people are welcome to progress to that point in the future. Or try to. ;)


Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:
That's a decent idea, I'll get on that tomorrow if I get the chance!

I’d advise against it. Nothing kills an OOC like a discord, since only a small amount of people can be active, and they will decide everything while people in difficult time zones will have nothing.



Also a good point! I may just give out my personal discord for any quick fire questions people might have. But you’re right, it can make threads look dead and sink to the bottom.

User avatar
Phalnia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1684
Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:24 pm

This seems interesting.

What sort of religions exist in the world?

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

User avatar
The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5779
Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:41 pm

Phalnia wrote:This seems interesting.

What sort of religions exist in the world?


That’s a major aspect of the Lore I’ll be working on soonTM.

User avatar
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 18119
Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:55 am

Do you need anything written up?

Like LAW? (Or anything else)
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled


Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

User avatar
The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat
 
Posts: 883
Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:25 am

Seems interesting. I'll definitely keep my eye on this.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Nation doesn't represent my views.

User avatar
The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5779
Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:Do you need anything written up?

Like LAW? (Or anything else)


I'm going to write up summaries of each of the kingdoms, then work on the rest. Some law stuff could be interesting. Doesn't even need to be formal laws, just kind of internationally-accepted norms, or something.

User avatar
North Timeria
Minister
 
Posts: 2129
Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby North Timeria » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 am

Any updates?

User avatar
The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5779
Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:24 pm

This is still being worked on, just had a busy weekend at work and tryna' get my university application finished. Consider this a small haiatus, but now that i know something like this can gain traction, it will be popping up soon.

User avatar
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 18119
Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:28 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:This is still being worked on, just had a busy weekend at work and tryna' get my university application finished. Consider this a small haiatus, but now that i know something like this can gain traction, it will be popping up soon.

What are you going to apply for?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled


Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

User avatar
The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5779
Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:This is still being worked on, just had a busy weekend at work and tryna' get my university application finished. Consider this a small haiatus, but now that i know something like this can gain traction, it will be popping up soon.

What are you going to apply for?


I'm applying for four variations of Computer Science courses: Software Development, Networking, Computer Science & Physics, Computer Science & Mathematics + I'm also applying for an International Relations course. Since before I moved into Computer Science, I studied Social Science. :)

Also, when I go about setting up the OOC, should I make a separate Lore thread, just to keep things separate and reduce the wordiness of the actual OOC itself?
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ormata
Senator
 
Posts: 4315
Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ormata » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:58 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:What are you going to apply for?


I'm applying for four variations of Computer Science courses: Software Development, Networking, Computer Science & Physics, Computer Science & Mathematics + I'm also applying for an International Relations course. Since before I moved into Computer Science, I studied Social Science. :)

Also, when I go about setting up the OOC, should I make a separate Lore thread, just to keep things separate and reduce the wordiness of the actual OOC itself?


Usually for OOCs, I would set up a main post with spoiler tabs on rules, application, roster, basic information, with another post dedicated to deeper lore with those same spoiler tabs. A whole separate lore thread is unnecessary and usually just annoying.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Joohan, Kargintina the Third, Keruma, New Demorvian, The Empire of Tau, Union Princes, UniversalCommons

Advertisement

Remove ads