NATION

PASSWORD

All Quiet on the Front- OOC- Dead

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Posted.

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018

Postby Granluras » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:05 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Posted.

):<
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Granluras wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Posted.

Shut up No Coal Spain.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:11 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
Granluras wrote:):<

Shut up No Coal Spain.

Reminiscence

est. 2018

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 pm

Granluras wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
Shut up No Coal Spain.

ᚠᚤᛋᚨ ᚺᛟᚱᛞᛟᚱᛗᚱ!

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm

Y’all mean
Last edited by Granluras on Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Wow, I can’t believe that in the span of time from when I joined to now we’ve filled up 17 entire pages.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:48 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:So what’s the status of my app?

It’s not gonna be accepted until you change your claim to something smaller. “I should be able to have more land because I could conquer it easily” isn’t a valid reason to start off with more land than other players. If it’s that easy to conquer, then just do so ICly.

Alright is this fine?

The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:16 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:
It’s not gonna be accepted until you change your claim to something smaller. “I should be able to have more land because I could conquer it easily” isn’t a valid reason to start off with more land than other players. If it’s that easy to conquer, then just do so ICly.

Alright is this fine?

Yeah, that works. I was actually gonna suggest you do something like that once I got the time to actually make a map lmao.

Also, Crimetopolis, shoo! You aren’t in this RP and you’re never going to be unless you post a quality application.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:Alright is this fine?

Yeah, that works. I was actually gonna suggest you do something like that once I got the time to actually make a map lmao.

Also, Crimetopolis, shoo! You aren’t in this RP and you’re never going to be unless you post a quality application.

Poor Jax, always on border duty
Reminiscence

est. 2018

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:Alright is this fine?

So am I accepted?
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:49 pm

Posted. Doubt anyone will actually read it tho.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:36 pm

The Palmetto wrote:

So am I accepted?

Once you revise your app to account for the different claim (and thus population) I’ll accept you.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:39 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:So am I accepted?

Once you revise your app to account for the different claim (and thus population) I’ll accept you.

Generic Info
Nation Name: Restored Qing Dynasty
Symbols:

National Anthem

Population: 50 million
Capital City: Peking (Beijing)

Government Info
Government Type: De Jure Absolute Monarchy, De Facto Military Dictatorship
Brief Explanation of Government: While enshrines the same laws as the original Qing Dynasty, and maintaining Emperor Puyi as an absolute monarch, he actually has no power. The government is de facto controlled by "Regent for Life" Yuan Shikai as an absolute dictator who enforces his rule through control of various monarchist militias
Ideology: Monarchism
Leader/s: Qing Pu-Yi; Emperor. Yuan Shikai; Regent for life.
Relations Rivals: Republican Chinese, Japan, European countries in general

Population Info
Brief Description of your People: East Asians, ranging from slightly tanned to white skinned, generally medium height
Brief Description of your Culture: Chinese culture following a mass epidemic, heavily anti-republican, as republicans are believed to have brought upon the economic and medical failures of the 1910s

Military Info
Army: 20 or so militias controlled by Yuan Shikai, with a total amount of personnel being 600,000
Navy: None

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: Largely based on farming and trade with Western nations at the moment, China never took a hit with the decline of industry as heavy industrialization had never developed in China yet in the first place.
Goals: Take all of China and Mongolia. Develop a strong naval capability and attempt to subjugate the rest of East Asia under Shikai’s control.
History:
Following the Xinhai Revolution, and the abdication of Emperor Puyi as negotiated by Yuan Shikai, the Republic of China government took power in 1911. Following the establishment of the Republican government, multiple warlords who didn’t want to lose power splintered off and China devolved into warring states controlled by 6 different warlords, one of the being Yuan Shikai himself, who sought to restore monarchy and declare himself Emperor. However, these warlords were put down by the Republican government under the leadership of president Sun Yat-sen.

In the following years, the Republic took steps to rebuilding after the civil war, and maintaining control over the vast country of China. In 1920, as the disease of influenza spread to East Asia through British colonies and into China, the Republican government quickly began losing the popular support it had during the revolutionary period. Despite their promises, they had not modernized China due to the civil war and scuffles in their reign. Puyi and Yuan Shikai remained influential figures throughout.

Once the pandemic spread like wildfire throughout China, the Republican government was blamed for the mass deaths happening. For 5 years, China was in pure anarchy, any hope of law and order was gone as soldiers deserted their missions and everyone focused simply on protecting their families and keeping themselves alive. The president Sun Yat-sen himself was taken by the flu and any remains of a Republican government quickly broke down.

After the flu epidemic, with around 40% of the Chinese population gone, and no states to keep order, former military leaders formed their own militias and once again became warlords vying for the domination of this broken China. Yuan Shikai and Puyi both survived the flu years, and Shikai formed his own militia. He managed to coerce and kept Puyi in his support, which indirectly gained him the support of millions of Chinese people, as it had been believed that the Republican government was fundamentally a failure and almost everyone was nostalgic for the days of the Qing.

Using Puyi as his powerful propaganda tool, Yuan Shikai and his militia, based out of the former Portuguese colony of Tianjin, quickly started conquering and taking land form rival warlords, subjugating their militias into his own as he reconquered. In 1932, Shikai launched a mass offensive on Peking, the former capital of China, which was controlled by Republican loyalists. He quickly conquered the city after a decisive battle, and proclaimed the restoration of the Qing Dynasty. Puyi was crowned Emperor and entered the forbidden city again for the first time since he was deposed in 1911. However, he had little real power, as Shikai controlled his conquered land with an iron fist, enforcing his policies through his militias and brutally killing any and all rivals to his rule. He declared himself Regent for Life.

After years of continued conquest, Shikai became the most powerful man in a broken China. As of 1936, he controls most of Northeastern and central China, and seeks to conquer the entire Chinese coast soon. He silences all dissent and controls with his many militias as a brutal tyrant.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=36023695#p36023695
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

I reduced it by 10 million because many of the densely populated cities are still in my claim, also reduced army size to account

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:02 pm

Hindustani, for reference, please use the second map you proposed in your app. Also, I’m not sure if 50 million would be correct, accounting for half the population dying. Lianoning, Shandong, and Hebei (which included Beijing and Tianjin at the time) had a total population of around 70 million people total around the early 1920s. Half of that would be around 35 million, I would give you about 40 million people tops. Other than that, looking good.

South Russia is accepted, I’m looking over the Soviets RN but their borders are so awful, not just to look at but also accounting for culture and geography, that I’m gonna deny them until they do something more reasonable. You control random bits of Poland, Ukraine, and Romania with nothing to hold them together. You shouldn’t try to randomly buff your country just because you’re afraid of war with your neighbors, I’m not gonna give myself more of France (or take Central Asia, hehe) just because the sea Germans have mentioned incursions into France.
Last edited by The Palmetto on Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:30 pm

The Palmetto wrote:Hindustani, for reference, please use the second map you proposed in your app. Also, I’m not sure if 50 million would be correct, accounting for half the population dying. Lianoning, Shandong, and Hebei (which included Beijing and Tianjin at the time) had a total population of around 70 million people total around the early 1920s. Half of that would be around 35 million, I would give you about 40 million people tops. Other than that, looking good.

South Russia is accepted, I’m looking over the Soviets RN but their borders are so awful, not just to look at but also accounting for culture and geography, that I’m gonna deny them until they do something more reasonable. You control random bits of Poland, Ukraine, and Romania with nothing to hold them together. You shouldn’t try to randomly buff your country just because you’re afraid of war with your neighbors, I’m not gonna give myself more of France (or take Central Asia, hehe) just because the sea Germans have mentioned incursions into France.

Alright

Generic Info
Nation Name: Restored Qing Dynasty
Symbols:

National Anthem

Population: 40 million
Capital City: Peking (Beijing)

Government Info
Government Type: De Jure Absolute Monarchy, De Facto Military Dictatorship
Brief Explanation of Government: While enshrines the same laws as the original Qing Dynasty, and maintaining Emperor Puyi as an absolute monarch, he actually has no power. The government is de facto controlled by "Regent for Life" Yuan Shikai as an absolute dictator who enforces his rule through control of various monarchist militias
Ideology: Monarchism
Leader/s: Qing Pu-Yi; Emperor. Yuan Shikai; Regent for life.
Relations Rivals: Republican Chinese, Japan, European countries in general

Population Info
Brief Description of your People: East Asians, ranging from slightly tanned to white skinned, generally medium height
Brief Description of your Culture: Chinese culture following a mass epidemic, heavily anti-republican, as republicans are believed to have brought upon the economic and medical failures of the 1910s

Military Info
Army: 20 or so militias controlled by Yuan Shikai, with a total amount of personnel being 600,000
Navy: None

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: Largely based on farming and trade with Western nations at the moment, China never took a hit with the decline of industry as heavy industrialization had never developed in China yet in the first place.
Goals: Take all of China and Mongolia. Develop a strong naval capability and attempt to subjugate the rest of East Asia under Shikai’s control.
History:
Following the Xinhai Revolution, and the abdication of Emperor Puyi as negotiated by Yuan Shikai, the Republic of China government took power in 1911. Following the establishment of the Republican government, multiple warlords who didn’t want to lose power splintered off and China devolved into warring states controlled by 6 different warlords, one of the being Yuan Shikai himself, who sought to restore monarchy and declare himself Emperor. However, these warlords were put down by the Republican government under the leadership of president Sun Yat-sen.

In the following years, the Republic took steps to rebuilding after the civil war, and maintaining control over the vast country of China. In 1920, as the disease of influenza spread to East Asia through British colonies and into China, the Republican government quickly began losing the popular support it had during the revolutionary period. Despite their promises, they had not modernized China due to the civil war and scuffles in their reign. Puyi and Yuan Shikai remained influential figures throughout.

Once the pandemic spread like wildfire throughout China, the Republican government was blamed for the mass deaths happening. For 5 years, China was in pure anarchy, any hope of law and order was gone as soldiers deserted their missions and everyone focused simply on protecting their families and keeping themselves alive. The president Sun Yat-sen himself was taken by the flu and any remains of a Republican government quickly broke down.

After the flu epidemic, with around 40% of the Chinese population gone, and no states to keep order, former military leaders formed their own militias and once again became warlords vying for the domination of this broken China. Yuan Shikai and Puyi both survived the flu years, and Shikai formed his own militia. He managed to coerce and kept Puyi in his support, which indirectly gained him the support of millions of Chinese people, as it had been believed that the Republican government was fundamentally a failure and almost everyone was nostalgic for the days of the Qing.

Using Puyi as his powerful propaganda tool, Yuan Shikai and his militia, based out of the former Portuguese colony of Tianjin, quickly started conquering and taking land form rival warlords, subjugating their militias into his own as he reconquered. In 1932, Shikai launched a mass offensive on Peking, the former capital of China, which was controlled by Republican loyalists. He quickly conquered the city after a decisive battle, and proclaimed the restoration of the Qing Dynasty. Puyi was crowned Emperor and entered the forbidden city again for the first time since he was deposed in 1911. However, he had little real power, as Shikai controlled his conquered land with an iron fist, enforcing his policies through his militias and brutally killing any and all rivals to his rule. He declared himself Regent for Life.

After years of continued conquest, Shikai became the most powerful man in a broken China. As of 1936, he controls most of Northeastern and central China, and seeks to conquer the entire Chinese coast soon. He silences all dissent and controls with his many militias as a brutal tyrant.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=36023695#p36023695
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:33 pm

The Qing are accepted

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:40 pm

The Palmetto wrote:The Qing are accepted

Anything on me?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Oh, I’m sorry, I thought Scots had accepted you, Wargloria. The Reich is accepted.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:51 pm

The Palmetto wrote:Oh, I’m sorry, I thought Scots had accepted you, Wargloria. The Reich is accepted.

YAAAAY!
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Alright. Time to stop procrastinating and start writing a post.
Elerian wrote:Posted. Doubt anyone will actually read it tho.

Should Quebecois authorities already be aware that Bridges will be making his way through Toronto? Should I be meeting him there to provide an escort?
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:54 pm

Great :clap:

Also, can we establish the rest of China is split up among warlords for the time being, unless a player wants to app there?

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:54 pm

Elerian wrote:Posted. Doubt anyone will actually read it tho.

Well, I’m not in America, so this is pretty irrelevant for me...

For now.
Call me Warg or Antic

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Great :clap:

Also, can we establish the rest of China is split up among warlords for the time being, unless a player wants to app there?

Ah, a China to supply weapons to in exchange for raw material.

Now where did I put my General von Seeckt?....
Call me Warg or Antic

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:05 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:Great :clap:

Ah, a China to supply weapons to in exchange for raw material.

Now where did I put my General von Seeckt?....

Probably lost contact after the whole flu...and probably lack of ships that would really...be willing to sail all the way across the ocean around the cape and such.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse