NATION

PASSWORD

All Quiet on the Front- OOC- Dead

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:48 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:I feel like the American nations aren't paying attention to the much bigger elephant in the room than coal. Y'all lack the nitre to make proper gunpowder.

Aren't we guncotton and smokeless powder niggas now?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:48 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:I feel like the American nations aren't paying attention to the much bigger elephant in the room than coal. Y'all lack the nitre to make proper gunpowder.

OOOOH NOOO.

do we haaave to go by resources more specific then what is used in HOI4???
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Granluras wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:
Do I count as an American power?

No, arrowhead

...arrowhead? Errr, Gran we're a Mexican state in the Southwest...not native american
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:49 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Granluras wrote:Are any American powers focusing on long term reunification? Hard to think sectionalism, no matter how post-apocalyptic, would materialize a resistance to wanting to live under Old Glory once again. Especially since the generation, two entire generations at least, who lived as Americans still exist and only a minority of the population has been born into a splintered America.

Also, wtf? Why don’t you want sand? Fuck you I hate you I’m going to support the other Spain, maybe he’ll want my sand!

I’m sorry, I’m tired and I just didn’t consider how good glass and sex go together! >_<
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:49 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Granluras wrote:Are any American powers focusing on long term reunification? Hard to think sectionalism, no matter how post-apocalyptic, would materialize a resistance to wanting to live under Old Glory once again. Especially since the generation, two entire generations at least, who lived as Americans still exist and only a minority of the population has been born into a splintered America.

Keep in mind that around half of the worlds population died, which, of course, can lead to absolutely massive shifts in culture, including nationalism. It varies from nation to nation, as different cultures can react to the same event in different ways, but it’s perfectly fair to assume at least a good chunk of (former) Americans either became sectionalists or just stop caring about reunification. That works both ways and there’s going to be plenty of unionists, but my main point is that it depends on the particular nation, and there isn’t a single trend regarding American nationalism.

Also, wtf? Why don’t you want sand? Fuck you I hate you I’m going to support the other Spain, maybe he’ll want my sand!

I want your sand.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Granluras wrote:No, arrowhead

...arrowhead? Errr, Gran we're a Mexican state in the Southwest...not native american

Man idk
Reminiscence

est. 2018

The Surge Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Surge Empire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:50 pm

I will say, it was by complete coincidence that I have to the only coal producing province in Spain.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:51 pm

The Surge Empire wrote:I will say, it was by complete coincidence that I have to the only coal producing province in Spain.

Respond to my telegram or I’ll bomb Santiago
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Granluras wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

I’m sorry, I’m tired and I just didn’t consider how good glass and sex go together! >_<

egg

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Granluras wrote:I’m sorry, I’m tired and I just didn’t consider how good glass and sex go together! >_<

;)
Reminiscence

est. 2018

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:55 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:

If any given country's industry has recovered enough to the point where the materials for Smokeless and Guncotton can be made safely on a mass scale, claps for them. This is a world that has been knocked back to Coal power for the most part, where are you getting the glycerol?

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:56 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:

If any given country's industry has recovered enough to the point where the materials for Smokeless and Guncotton can be made safely on a mass scale, claps for them. This is a world that has been knocked back to Coal power for the most part, where are you getting the glycerol?

Who knows because I can't even find out where elements like glycerol and nitre are even found; I have no clue if I have them or not!
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:
Keep in mind that around half of the worlds population died, which, of course, can lead to absolutely massive shifts in culture, including nationalism. It varies from nation to nation, as different cultures can react to the same event in different ways, but it’s perfectly fair to assume at least a good chunk of (former) Americans either became sectionalists or just stop caring about reunification. That works both ways and there’s going to be plenty of unionists, but my main point is that it depends on the particular nation, and there isn’t a single trend regarding American nationalism.

I want your sand.

Thank you Quebec, very cool!

Just as a note, I am willing to be merciful and act leniently regarding specific resources so that no one has to revert to using spears, though nations without a means to consistently and cheaply import them are gonna have shortages. Technology to cross the Atlantic/Pacific exists still, obviously, but global trade hasn't recovered to the point where its convenient, so I'd imagine for the moment it's mostly used by the super rich and goverments.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Surge Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Surge Empire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm

So, does anyone need coal? -cheeky face commence-

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

Who knows because I can't even find out where elements like glycerol and nitre are even found; I have no clue if I have them or not!

Nitre is most commonly found in Saltpetre, which doesn't occur in the Americas. There's artificial ways of making it, but they aren't really efficient. Powder shortage was actually a huge thing in the Revolutionary War.

Glycerol is found in a lot of biological things, I'm just pointing out how a world knocked back to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution probably isn't going to be able to produce enough of it to give an entire army WWI tech.

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:00 pm

The Surge Empire wrote:So, does anyone need coal? -cheeky face commence-

You want Iron for it?

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:01 pm

I just want to state just to have it out there, but all monetary values I will use in this RP will be according to 2019 dollars. I haven’t the time nor brain to calculate inflation rates backwards in this timeline, and it’s just easier to work off of what I know and am used to.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:01 pm

I only have a single corps in my army so I guess I don't qualify as an entire army. Time to create ammunition for everyone.

egg

The Surge Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Surge Empire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:07 pm

The Surge Empire wrote:So, does anyone need coal? -cheeky face commence-

You want Iron for it?

I wouldn't object, we can hash it out later in IC, also if anyone wants to know what resources they have in specific provinces I been using the Vicky 2 resource map.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:08 pm

Granluras wrote:I just want to state just to have it out there, but all monetary values I will use in this RP will be according to 2019 dollars. I haven’t the time nor brain to calculate inflation rates backwards in this timeline, and it’s just easier to work off of what I know and am used to.

It's fine, just put it in parenthesis or something to clarify that you aren't using 2019 USD ICly. Calculating how much money would be worth after half the population dies and the global market collapses is impossible.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:19 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Granluras wrote:I just want to state just to have it out there, but all monetary values I will use in this RP will be according to 2019 dollars. I haven’t the time nor brain to calculate inflation rates backwards in this timeline, and it’s just easier to work off of what I know and am used to.

It's fine, just put it in parenthesis or something to clarify that you aren't using 2019 USD ICly. Calculating how much money would be worth after half the population dies and the global market collapses is impossible.

Mkk
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:26 pm

The Palmetto wrote:

Regarding the IC, what is the current date and how fast does time pass? Other RP's similar to this usually have a 1 month IC = 1 day IRL basis, what are your thoughts?
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Regarding the IC, what is the current date and how fast does time pass? Other RP's similar to this usually have a 1 month IC = 1 day IRL basis, what are your thoughts?

I really hope we don't go that fast. Fluid time, or a slower pace would be nice.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:32 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Yeah, I’m gonna need this info too for my post.

Elerian wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Regarding the IC, what is the current date and how fast does time pass? Other RP's similar to this usually have a 1 month IC = 1 day IRL basis, what are your thoughts?

I really hope we don't go that fast. Fluid time, or a slower pace would be nice.

Same, a one week = one month time frame might work best, or something fluid, too.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:55 pm

Also, what's going on with the NPCs?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse