NATION

PASSWORD

2020: A New Decade (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:02 am

Ard al Islam wrote:
Arkhastok wrote:ROK is taken by someone else

I don't think so. I'm sure it's open, can we get an app check?

Just saw it on page 15, pretty sure I’ll take Singapore instead unless it’s reserved or something.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:02 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:I don't think so. I'm sure it's open, can we get an app check?

Just saw it on page 15, pretty sure I’ll take Singapore instead unless it’s reserved or something.

America's open.

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:24 am

Ard al Islam wrote:
The Felan Federation wrote:
I told you at the beginning that ALL people were dead. But you assumed the 'actual' Korean player whom more or less controls the action in North Korea was false in his statement that everyone is dead there.

Only, no. You didn't say that. Not to mention that under international law, the embassy buildings are fully in control of their countries, not the hosts, so controlling what happens in an embassy that is not yours is godmodding. They are in the host country but under the control of the guest country. I control what happens to the Pakistani embassy, not you.

Yeah. Under NORMAL international law you can get that.

But considering this is North Korea - whom even is suspicious of China, whom is their greatest friend and only reason they are alive - I highly doubt you'd have such control or capabilities. It isn't so much as Godmodding as it was me and my FIRST post on this RP. It was less me Godmodding and you choosing to somehow state 'oh yeah, my people survived that gas-attack that killed everyone cause 'reason X'.

In that case, when I said Pyongyang was gassed with everyone dead - it meant it. Anyways...GM said Pyongyang is dead, so they dead.
Last edited by The Felan Federation on Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:29 am

Ard al Islam wrote:I don't think so. I'm sure it's open, can we get an app check?

I wouldn't be opposed to jumping to America and you taking ROK if you'd like.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:59 pm

I apologize for my absence. Work and life got in the way but I'm back. Can someone explain what has happened so far?
Last edited by American Pere Housh on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:07 pm

The Felan Federation wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:Only, no. You didn't say that. Not to mention that under international law, the embassy buildings are fully in control of their countries, not the hosts, so controlling what happens in an embassy that is not yours is godmodding. They are in the host country but under the control of the guest country. I control what happens to the Pakistani embassy, not you.

Yeah. Under NORMAL international law you can get that.

But considering this is North Korea - whom even is suspicious of China, whom is their greatest friend and only reason they are alive - I highly doubt you'd have such control or capabilities. It isn't so much as Godmodding as it was me and my FIRST post on this RP. It was less me Godmodding and you choosing to somehow state 'oh yeah, my people survived that gas-attack that killed everyone cause 'reason X'.

In that case, when I said Pyongyang was gassed with everyone dead - it meant it. Anyways...GM said Pyongyang is dead, so they dead.

But no. Embassies in North Korea are still under the control of their nations, not North Korea. It is still godmodding. Not to mention, in your first post, you didn't even say they died. You did NOT say that everyone died. This is what you said:

The Felan Federation wrote:The entire situation devolving within ten hours of the act, when someone high-enough on the political chain authorized the detonation of chemical weapons down below Pyongyang. The resulting act decapitating not only anyone of high-rank but many of their own successors and the control apparatus in-charge of North Korea.

There is no way for you to spin this; you're wrong. You never said all the embassies were destroyed until I said that mine(which is under my control) is still standing(and even then, only on the OOC). This is ABSOLUTELY godmodding in its truest form.
Last edited by Ard al Islam on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:19 pm

Bentus wrote:

I wouldn't be opposed to jumping to America and you taking ROK if you'd like.

Have you run it by OP?
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:23 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:There is no way for you to spin this; you're wrong. You never said all the embassies were destroyed until I said that mine(which is under my control) is still standing(and even then, only on the OOC). This is ABSOLUTELY godmodding in its truest form.

Ard, he isn't godmodding. The OP said that everyone in the embassies died, and that ends the discussion. If you have any issues with the decision, then reach out in TG or DM to the OP themselves.

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:Have you run it by OP?

Not yet. They're not online at the moment, but I'll let you know what they decide! Could be worth jumping onto the Discord though if you want to be kept up to date on most of our discussions.

American Pere Housh wrote:I apologize for my absence. Work and life got in the way but I'm back. Can someone explain what has happened so far?

Not that much. Japan, India and China have been exchanging some missile fire - though they've all been statements of intent rather than determined efforts to sink ships. The US has just stepped in and demanded that the fighting stop, so it's hopefully limited to an international incident rather than WW3.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Apologies for the double post! I'm freeing up the ROK and putting down this app for the US.

Basic Info
Name of Nation:
United States of America
Population:
333,546,000 (Taken from US Census 2020 projection)

Government Info
Government Type:
Federal presidential constitutional republic

Head of Government:
President Donald J. Trump
Head of State:
President Donald J. Trump

Brief Description of your government:
Three co-equal branches exist with powers of checks and balances between them. The three branches are Executive (President and his administration), Legislative (House and Senate), and Judicial.

Foreign policy Info
Allies:
Israel, Canada, UK, Germany, Japan, Philippines, Poland, Ukraine, South Korea, India, Australia, other EU nations, Brazil, France, others.
Enemies:
China, Russia, North Korea, Iran, and others.

Goals:
Develop the domestic American economy. Disentangle from foreign commitments where possible. Ensure continued American strength into the 21st Century. End the ongoing wars in the Middle East.
Level of Foreign Intervention:
Highest of any nation. Too long to list out everything but major points are as follows.

Syrian Civil War
War on Terror
War on Drugs
Ukraine Conflict
Freedom of Navigation Operations

Military Information:
Military Total Size:
Active: 1,281,900 Reserve: 860,000

Army or Ground forces Size:
476,000 Regular Army personnel (2017)
343,000 Army National Guard personnel (2017)
199,000 Army Reserve personnel (2017)
1,018,000 total uniformed personnel (2017)
330,000 civilian personnel

Navy Size:
336,978 active duty personnel
279,471 civilian employees
101,583 ready reserve personnel

Marine Corps or Naval Infantry Size:
182,000 active (as of 2017)
38,500 reserve (as of 2017)

Air Force Size:
321,444 active duty airmen
141,880 civilians
69,200 reserve airmen
105,700 air national guard airmen

Coast Guard Size:
56,569 (2018)

Main Infantry Weapons:
M1911 pistol.
M9 pistol.
M11 pistol.
M500 shotgun.
M590 shotgun.
M26 modular shotgun accessory.
M14 enhanced battle rifle.
M4 carbine.
Others

Number of Main Battle Tanks and types
6,287 (M1 MBT)
Number of Infantry Fighting Vehicles and types:
39,223 (Various types mainly the Bradley and Stryker)
Number of Self-Propelled Guns and types:
992 (M109)
Number of Multiple Launch Rocket System and types:
1,056 (M270)
Number of Naval Ships:
Number of Fighter Aircraft and Types:
2,362 (F15, F16, F22, F35, others)
Number of Bomber/Attack Aircraft and Types:
2,831 (A10, B-1, B2, B52, others)

Miscellaneous Info
Reason you choose nation:
I’ve always found the US to be an interesting and exciting nation. They have different responsibilities and challenges compared to other nations. I’ve also always found them to be a bit “OP” in nation rps, so I’m curious to see what would happen if I play them to be a bit more isolationist than I’ve generally seen. Might make some other countries come more into their own.
Previous RP experience:
Was here with ROK earlier.
Anything Else?:
Bravo Six Going Dark
42069(Don't delete, to find apps)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:47 pm

US is accepted
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:51 pm

China, you may want to respond
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Do I really have to step in because I will side with the U.S. on this.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Friendly reminder for everyone to join the Discord

https://discord.gg/6K9qV7

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Bentus wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:There is no way for you to spin this; you're wrong. You never said all the embassies were destroyed until I said that mine(which is under my control) is still standing(and even then, only on the OOC). This is ABSOLUTELY godmodding in its truest form.

Ard, he isn't godmodding. The OP said that everyone in the embassies died, and that ends the discussion. If you have any issues with the decision, then reach out in TG or DM to the OP themselves.

Incorrect.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Bentus wrote:

Incorrect.

discuss this in the discord, yeah?

Pretty sure what OP says is what goes.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Basic Info
Name of Nation: Republic of Korea
Population: 51.7 million

Government Info
Government Type: Constitutional Democracy
Head of Government: Lee Nak-yeon
Head of State: Moon Jae-in
Brief Description of your government: A democratic government with separate and independent judiciary, legislative and executive branches, the South Korean government is a thriving liberal state in East Asia. With a strong free market and trade oriented economic heritage, the Korean government is generally in favour of business-minded policies and has maintained low government debt and budget surpluses for many years despite the geopolitical uncertainties of its region.

Foreign policy Info
Allies: USA, Australia, Japan (ish), the Philippines (major trade and military relationships with the EU, Russia and China as well)
Enemies: North Korea
Goals: Peacefully reunify the peninsula. Reduce tensions between China and the US in order to ensure peace in the region. Work with other regional powers to implement a multilateral geopolitical alliance for East Asia.
Level of Foreign Intervention: Not much. Hands are busy with their local neighbour.

[b]Military Information:[/b]
Military Total Size: 5,827,250
Army or Ground forces Size: 464,000
Navy Size: 70,000
Marine Corps or Naval Infantry Size: 29,000
Air Force Size: 65,000
Main Infantry Weapons: Daewoo K11
Number of Main Battle Tanks and types 2654
Number of Infantry Fighting Vehicles and types: 2870
Number of Self-Propelled Guns and types: 2140
Number of Multiple Launch Rocket System and types: 215
Number of Naval Ships: 166
Number of Fighter Aircraft and Types: 406
Number of Bomber/Attack Aircraft and Types: 466

Miscellaneous Info
Reason you choose nation: Seeing that one of the major plot points is located in East Asia, figured it would be fun to place myself somewhere in there. Haven’t really played as a separate nation asides my own nation in any RPs.
Previous RP experience: It’s been a while, I played an East Asian war on K-Pop quite a long time ago. It’s been the sole time I’ve actively participated in wars. Looking forward to improve military roleplay if tensions rise.
Anything Else?: Bravo Six Going Dark
42069(Don't delete, to find apps)

Okay, here it is.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Northern Poland wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:Incorrect.

discuss this in the discord, yeah?

Pretty sure what OP says is what goes.

I don't have Discord, but yes, what OP says is what goes. I have no disagreement there.

Sorry for any trouble I have caused any of you.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:43 am

Everybody in Pyongyang was killed? All the embassies were wiped out?

Retconned it so they weren't in the embassy, or anywhere in Pyongyang.

Hope that fixes things.
Last edited by Ard al Islam on Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:51 am

Ard al Islam wrote:Everybody in Pyongyang was killed? All the embassies were wiped out?

Hope that fixes things.

I don’t think there would be any logical reason as to why your delegates/diplomats would be somewhere other than Pyongyang.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:32 am

Korea is accepted

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:31 am

Ard al Islam wrote:Everybody in Pyongyang was killed? All the embassies were wiped out?

Hope that fixes things.

I don’t think there would be any logical reason as to why your delegates/diplomats would be somewhere other than Pyongyang.

Read the IC

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:

Read the IC

That doesn't answer in HOW your guys managed to escape a literal warzone OR how they found such a bunker with all the fighting going on.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Wait how did the Pakistani embassy stay safe when an entire country around them collapsed?
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:02 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:Wait how did the Pakistani embassy stay safe when an entire country around them collapsed?

They didn't.

GM cleared that part up. Everything got gassed and ended up killed.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:37 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:Wait how did the Pakistani embassy stay safe when an entire country around them collapsed?

It didn't. Everyone in there died.

My people weren't there when the chemical weapons were used, they escaped to an underground train station in a different city.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse