NATION

PASSWORD

2020: A New Decade (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:50 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Chewion wrote:Accepted. Bonus points for extra style.

Heck yeah! Thanks for the compliment.

It's worth mentioning that I can't speak English, so that may cause some language problems in the IC.

Doing good so far.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

The Elephant Herds
Civilian

Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Elephant Herds » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:59 pm

I want to reserve Indonesia.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:12 am

Again, China the Dongsha Atoll is Taiwanese
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:00 am

I'll have a post coming up soon. How far into 2020 are we?
Catholique, Intégraliste, Distributiste | Catechism of Pope St. Pius X | Rerum Novarum | On Integralism
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church."
Great British Unionist and Celtic Cultural Revivalist
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be."

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:16 am

Eglaecia wrote:I'll have a post coming up soon. How far into 2020 are we?

As of yet a timescale has yet to be implemented, so we only moved like a week into January.

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:53 am

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:

As of yet a timescale has yet to be implemented, so we only moved like a week into January.

Gotcha. Seems to be moving fast for just a week lol.
Catholique, Intégraliste, Distributiste | Catechism of Pope St. Pius X | Rerum Novarum | On Integralism
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church."
Great British Unionist and Celtic Cultural Revivalist
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be."

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:36 am

Didn't we say three months per page earlier? So it's like late May?

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:46 am

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:

Didn't we say three months per page earlier? So it's like late May?

Supposedly, yet people keep putting dates saying its like January 5th or smth.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:Oh boy ;)

Afghan-Pakistani-Indian relations, anyone?

The Afghan government set up by America believes Pakistan backs terrorism and the Taliban, so we’ll get along
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Hypron
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2018

Postby Hypron » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:10 pm

I need to modernize all of the Japanese military besides the JMSDF. Anyone here have a good sub-machine gun?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:12 pm

I'm a little bemused at the fact Hindustani seems to have implied my previous post meant I was giving up my india reservation. I merely said I needed to, not that I was.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:16 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:Afghan-Pakistani-Indian relations, anyone?

The Afghan government set up by America believes Pakistan backs terrorism and the Taliban, so we’ll get along

Pakistan did back the Taliban. I don't like that. But then there's the shit India's doing too. I don't like that either.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:The Afghan government set up by America believes Pakistan backs terrorism and the Taliban, so we’ll get along

Pakistan did back the Taliban. I don't like that. But then there's the shit India's doing too. I don't like that either.

I assume you’ll RP the UN recognizes government of Afghanistan, which at this point just controls Kabul and it’s suburbs right?
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Also America, Trump got a call

China, the move in the South China Sea was meant to be an indirect move of support for the territories being recognized as in the international waters through a show of force

Lanorth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lanorth » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:21 pm

Basic Info
Name of Nation: The Islamic Republic of Iran
Population: 81.16 million

Government Info
Government Type: Unitary Khomeinist presidential Islamic republic
Head of Government: Hassan Rouhani
Head of State: Ali Khamenei
Brief Description of your government: Iran is a unitary Islamic republic with one legislative house. The country’s 1979 constitution put into place a mixed system of government, in which the executive, parliament, and judiciary are overseen by several bodies dominated by the clergy. At the head of both the state and oversight institutions is a ranking cleric known as the rahbar, or leader, whose duties and authority are those usually equated with a head of state.

Foreign policy Info
Allies: Syria, Lebanon, Bahrain, Qatar, Yemen (to an extent), Kuwait (who would choose Iran over Saudi Arabia), Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Russia and China (Possibly)
Enemies: The United States, specific Western nations (though relations have slightly improved between Iran and The EU), Saudi Arabia, Iraq, UAE, Egypt, Pakistan, and most of Northern Africa
Goals: To extend their influence across The Middle East, inflict damage upon Saudi Arabia and Western Nations via proxy war and more.
Level of Foreign Intervention: Quite low, though Iran funds several proxy organisations across The Middle East and provides humanitarian assistance to organisations such as Hezbollah.

Military Information:
Military Total Size: Approximately 873,000 (both Active and Reserve)
Army or Ground forces Size: 398,000
Navy Size: 18,000
Marine Corps or Naval Infantry Size: 2,500-5,000
Air Force Size: 37,000
Main Infantry Weapons: Fateh, AKM, S.5'56, KH-2002, PC-9 ZOAF
Number of Main Battle Tanks and types 1,634 (Karrar (Striker) Main Battle Tank, DIO T-72Z (T-55) Main Battle Tank, DIO Zulfiqar. Main Battle Tank (MBT) Combat Vehicle, NORINCO Type 69. Main Battle Tank, BMP-2 (Boyevaya Mashina Pekhoty) Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Chonma-ho (Pegasus) Main Battle Tank, Alvis FV101 Scorpion, T-72 (Ural))
Number of Infantry Fighting Vehicles and types: Approximately 2,345 (Boragh/BMP-1, Sayyad, M113A1, EE-9 Cascaval, BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-80 + a few more)
Number of Self-Propelled Guns and types: 570 (2S1 Gvozdika, Raad 1, Raad 2, M109A1 (known in Iran as Hoveyzeh), M-1978, M-107, Fajr 3, Fajr 5 + more)
Number of Multiple Launch Rocket System and types: (Saeghe 1/2, Anti-Tank, Toophan, Toophan 2, Toophan 2B, Toophan 2M, Toophan 3, Toophan 4, Toophan 5, Toophan 6, Toophan 7, All Anti-Tank, Qaem and Qaem-M, A-A Missile, 9K11 Malyutka/Raad, Anti-Tank, 9K115-2 Metis-M, Anti-tank guided missile, + more)
b]Number of Naval Ships:[/b] 398
Number of Fighter Aircraft and Types: 142, (HAESA Saeqeh, Grumman F-14 Tomcat, Mikoyan MiG-29, SU-30, + more)
Number of Bomber/Attack Aircraft and Types: 165 (Sukhoi Su-17/20/22, Sukhoi Su-24, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23, Mikoyan MiG-29, F-4 Phantom II, + more)

Miscellaneous Info
Reason you choose nation: With what is going on in Iran currently, I think it would be a unique experience to step into Iran's shoes and just experience it from their side of the wire.
Previous RP experience: One of my better RP posts.
Anything Else?: Bravo Six Going Dark
42069(Don't delete, to find apps)
Last edited by Lanorth on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 12 times in total.
i give up with this signature smh

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'm a little bemused at the fact Hindustani seems to have implied my previous post meant I was giving up my india reservation. I merely said I needed to, not that I was.

Regardless, your time limit expired, and I got accepted by a Co-OP without the main OP revoking it

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:48 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'm a little bemused at the fact Hindustani seems to have implied my previous post meant I was giving up my india reservation. I merely said I needed to, not that I was.

Regardless, your time limit expired, and I got accepted by a Co-OP without the main OP revoking it

It clearly states 72 hours. I renewed my reservation less than 72 hours before you posted your application.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:Regardless, your time limit expired, and I got accepted by a Co-OP without the main OP revoking it

It clearly states 72 hours. I renewed my reservation less than 72 hours before you posted your application.

I don’t think renewing reservations is allowed, you’ll have to check with the OP for that

Already started RPing as India though
Last edited by The Hindustani State on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:58 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:

I don’t think renewing reservations is allowed, you’ll have to check with the OP for that

Already started RPing as India though

You were quite happy to be Nepal last week. When I finally get a workable app up for India, complicated by the fact that their military can't settle on one particular type of anything that they want to use (which must cause a lot of problems for their maintenance people), I find someone has taken it. When I said I needed to stop hogging India, I meant in the application stage, I'm quite happy to rp it and I've got storylines I quite wanted to do.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:12 pm

Chewion wrote:Again, China the Dongsha Atoll is Taiwanese

Did China mention the atoll in his post?

Anyways, like mentioned earlier, the Indian naval ships are passing right through the Spratlys, so there’ll be some nearby military bases built by China anyways

Krosnovika
Civil Servant

Founded: May 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Krosnovika » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:59 pm

Lanorth wrote:
Basic Info
Name of Nation: The Islamic Republic of Iran
Population: 81.16 million

Government Info
Government Type: Unitary Khomeinist presidential Islamic republic
Head of Government: Hassan Rouhani
(Image)
Head of State: Ali Khamenei
(Image)
Brief Description of your government: Iran is a unitary Islamic republic with one legislative house. The country’s 1979 constitution put into place a mixed system of government, in which the executive, parliament, and judiciary are overseen by several bodies dominated by the clergy. At the head of both the state and oversight institutions is a ranking cleric known as the rahbar, or leader, whose duties and authority are those usually equated with a head of state.

Foreign policy Info
Allies: Syria, Lebanon, Bahrain, Qatar, Yemen (to an extent), Kuwait (who would choose Iran over Saudi Arabia), Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Russia and China (Possibly)
Enemies: The United States, specific Western nations (though relations have slightly improved between Iran and The EU), Saudi Arabia, Iraq, UAE, Egypt, Pakistan, and most of Northern Africa
Goals: To extend their influence across The Middle East, inflict damage upon Saudi Arabia and Western Nations via proxy war and more.
Level of Foreign Intervention: Quite low, though Iran funds several proxy organisations across The Middle East and provides humanitarian assistance to organisations such as Hezbollah.

[b]Military Information:[/b]
Military Total Size: Approximately 873,000 (both Active and Reserve)
Army or Ground forces Size: 398,000
Navy Size: 18,000
Marine Corps or Naval Infantry Size: 2,500-5,000
Air Force Size: 37,000
Main Infantry Weapons: Fateh, AKM, S.5'56, KH-2002, PC-9 ZOAF
Number of Main Battle Tanks and types 1,634 (Karrar (Striker) Main Battle Tank, DIO T-72Z (T-55) Main Battle Tank, DIO Zulfiqar. Main Battle Tank (MBT) Combat Vehicle, NORINCO Type 69. Main Battle Tank, BMP-2 (Boyevaya Mashina Pekhoty) Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Chonma-ho (Pegasus) Main Battle Tank, Alvis FV101 Scorpion, T-72 (Ural))
Number of Infantry Fighting Vehicles and types: Approximately 2,345 (Boragh/BMP-1, Sayyad, M113A1, EE-9 Cascaval, BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-80 + a few more)
Number of Self-Propelled Guns and types: 570 (2S1 Gvozdika, Raad 1, Raad 2, M109A1 (known in Iran as Hoveyzeh), M-1978, M-107, Fajr 3, Fajr 5 + more)
Number of Multiple Launch Rocket System and types: (Saeghe 1/2, Anti-Tank, Toophan, Toophan 2, Toophan 2B, Toophan 2M, Toophan 3, Toophan 4, Toophan 5, Toophan 6, Toophan 7, All Anti-Tank, Qaem and Qaem-M, A-A Missile, 9K11 Malyutka/Raad, Anti-Tank, 9K115-2 Metis-M, Anti-tank guided missile, + more)
b]Number of Naval Ships:[/b] 398
Number of Fighter Aircraft and Types: 142, (HAESA Saeqeh, Grumman F-14 Tomcat, Mikoyan MiG-29, SU-30, + more)
Number of Bomber/Attack Aircraft and Types: 165 (Sukhoi Su-17/20/22, Sukhoi Su-24, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23, Mikoyan MiG-29, F-4 Phantom II, + more)

Miscellaneous Info
Reason you choose nation: With what is going on in Iran currently, I think it would be a unique experience to step into Iran's shoes and just experience it from their side of the wire.
Previous RP experience: One of my better RP posts.
Anything Else?: Bravo Six Going Dark
42069(Don't delete, to find apps)

Hey, I asked to get it reserved first!
Krosnovika wrote:I'd like to do Iran, what with all the new things going on. Can you reserve it?

Karimi Arabia
Secretary

Founded: May 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karimi Arabia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:03 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:(Image)
Basic Info
Name of Nation: د افغانستان اسلامي جمهوریت(Islamic Republic of Afghanistan)
(Image)
Population: 35 million Afghans

Government Info
Government Type: Unitary Presidential Islamic Republic
Head of Government: Ashraf Ghani
(Image)
Head of State: Ashraf Ghani
Brief Description of your government: It is a system of checks and balances. You can think of it as 3 branches. Executive-The President(who is Commander-in-Chief), the Council of Ministers, the Vice-Presidents, and the Chief Executive. There is also a legislative branch, the National Assembly, made up of the House of the People and the House of Elders. There is also a judiciary supreme court(my grandfather was the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court).

Foreign policy Info
Allies: Turkey, Japan, South Korea, India, UAE, NATO
Neutral: Pakistan, Iran, Russia
Enemies: Taliban, ISIS, North Korea
Goals: Fix the country. Develop an infrastructure, end the wars, and end the poverty.
Level of Foreign Intervention: None

Military Information:
Military Total Size: 175,000 personnel
Army or Ground forces Size: 1,288 vehicles
Navy Size: What navy? We're landlocked.
Marine Corps or Naval Infantry Size: What navy? We're landlocked.
Air Force Size: 220 Aircraft
Main Infantry Weapons: M16
Number of Main Battle Tanks and types No tanks.
Number of Infantry Fighting Vehicles and types: 1,062, mostly Humvees
Number of Self-Propelled Guns and types: None
Number of Multiple Launch Rocket System and types: 50
Number of Naval Ships: What navy? We're landlocked.
Number of Fighter Aircraft and Types: 0
Number of Bomber/Attack Aircraft and Types: 12, Mi-35s

Miscellaneous Info
Reason you choose nation: I am Afghan
Previous RP experience: Yes
Anything Else?: Bravo Seven Going Dark(Mission: Retrieve Bravo Six, who is MIA)
(Image)

That's epic. Nice style. Can I use it as well? Pakistania-Afghania Pakhtun brothers!
And I hereby declare that Pakistan is mine. I will post an app now.

Get ready

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:05 pm

Will post on the IC later.

او هو ، پاکستان ، زما پښتون ورور ، تاسو کولی شئ.
Last edited by Ard al Islam on Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karimi Arabia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Karimi Arabia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:19 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:Will post on the IC later.

او هو ، پاکستان ، زما پښتون ورور ، تاسو کولی شئ.

هو! مننه.

Karimi Arabia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

اِسلامی جمہوریہ پاكِستان

Postby Karimi Arabia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:28 pm

Basic Info
Name of Nation: اِسلامی جمہوریہ پاكِستان Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Population: 212 million Pakistanis

Government Info
Government Type: Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Head of Government: Prime Minister Imran Khan
Head of State: President Arif Alvi
Brief Description of your government: The capital of Pakistan is Islamabad. The elected President is mostly a figurehead; the real power is behind the Prime Minister, who is democratically elected. The governemnt has 3 branches, Executive, Judicial, and Legislative.

Foreign policy Info
Allies: America, Azerbaijan, China, Iran, Nepal, Tajikistan, Turkey
Neutral: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Saudi Arabia
Enemies: India, ISIS, Israel
Goals: Protect, promote, and advance the national interests at home and abroad. Bring peace to the Muslim world.
Level of Foreign Intervention: Pakistan involves itself with aid and help in the affairs of Middle-Eastern countries and Afghanistan.

Military Information:
Military Total Size: 1,204,000
Army or Ground forces Size: 7670 total vehicles
Navy Size: 197
Marine Corps or Naval Infantry Size: 75,650
Air Force Size: 1,342
Main Infantry Weapons: Heckler & Coch G3, Type 56, Glock, Colt M4
Number of Main Battle Tanks and types 2,200(Al-Khalid, T-80UD, Al-Zarrar, Type 85-IIAP, Type 69-IIMP, Type 59)
Number of Infantry Fighting Vehicles and types: 3,665(Sakb, M113, International MaxxPro, Casspir)
Number of Self-Propelled Guns and types: 429(M110, M109)
Number of Multiple Launch Rocket System and types: 150(A-100, KRL 122)
Number of Naval Ships: 197
Number of Fighter Aircraft and Types: 348(F-16, PAC JF-17, Dassault Mirage 3, Chengdu J-7)
Number of Bomber/Attack Aircraft and Types: 438(Dassault Mirage 5)

Miscellaneous Info
Reason you choose nation: I like Pakistan
Previous RP experience: Yes
Anything Else?: Bravo Eight Going Dark(Mission: Retrieve Bravo Seven, who went MIA searching for Bravo Six, who is MIA)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse