NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders II (A Sequel) (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:42 am

As Ava got a bit more of a chance to examine the house, she realized how strange it was. And that wasn't the only strange thing... it seemed that some of the other kids who'd come along tonight were also weirdos. Well, whatever. She probably seemed weird enough to them too.

She heard Hunter in one corner of the room talking about 'proof.' She assumed he meant that he was looking for something supernatural, and while Ava didn't believe in that--her only encounter with the supernatural had been in her memories of... of... of that night, but clearly that was just PTSD, or the stress or trauma messing with her memories or something. Anyway, Hunter's idea sounded kinda fun, kinda interesting... she walked across the room and sidled into the conversation.

"You said you were going to go take a look around? Could I come? That would be more interesting than just standing here." She assumed Hunter would accept her self-invitation and didn't really wait for an answer. "What exactly are you looking for?"
rəswɛsən

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:38 am

Recuecn wrote:As Ava got a bit more of a chance to examine the house, she realized how strange it was. And that wasn't the only strange thing... it seemed that some of the other kids who'd come along tonight were also weirdos. Well, whatever. She probably seemed weird enough to them too.

She heard Hunter in one corner of the room talking about 'proof.' She assumed he meant that he was looking for something supernatural, and while Ava didn't believe in that--her only encounter with the supernatural had been in her memories of... of... of that night, but clearly that was just PTSD, or the stress or trauma messing with her memories or something. Anyway, Hunter's idea sounded kinda fun, kinda interesting... she walked across the room and sidled into the conversation.

"You said you were going to go take a look around? Could I come? That would be more interesting than just standing here." She assumed Hunter would accept her self-invitation and didn't really wait for an answer. "What exactly are you looking for?"

Hunter Kirby
Hunter said,"Sure. Feel free to tag along. I'm searching for evidence to prove my theory that this mansion is actually a government facility devoted to the study of alien lifeforms. I think they're using the curse as a cover story." Hunter wouldn't mind the company. Having someone to help back him up would make his claim that much stronger.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:02 am

The Dining Room

"Where is he anyways? Is he coming?"

"He's probably busy, displaying his art to Mary-Anne and her crony Rachel. Everyone else probably followed suit." Victoria said, holding a cupcake from the buffet table, getting ready to eat it. It wasn't until Amon decided to grab some snacks to put in his backpack, which he left the group. Not before leaving the reply to the group of "Bye Felicia." Going upstairs, Amon would find several hallways above the stairs. One of the closest doors near the doors was painted a bright red, though it was unlocked. Taking a peek inside, it was a red and white colored guest room with a queen sized bed. If Amon was going to take a room to himself, he already has dibs.

Back at the gallery, Scott started to leave the room. "I'm heading over to explain about tonight in the dining room. If you want to stay behind to check out the art, be my guest. If you want to make yourself comfortable here, take a seat over there." Scott said, talking about the rocking chair piece with the blades. Patrick started to follow Scott, wanting to know more of the night and the overall plans ahead.

Scott entered the dining room, where Victoria could only look at him in disgust. "Noticing some of my own art it looks like?" Scott said, referring to the painting of himself. "Where's the money? It's in the safe?" Victoria demanded and continued, as Scott walked over to the safe. "I see putting weights in the thing made it stealproof."
"Stealproof?" Julia asked, as Scott was explaining the safe.
"I knew one of you idiots would try to lift the safe from the table. That's why I deliberately made it heavy."
"What's the point? We don't even know the code on the safe." Spencer added, since the safe required a code for the keypad.

"That's why I'm staying here. Let me explain in good detail, so you can also explain to everyone who isn't here. I promised you all money, didn't I? Well, I tell you how many money is in this safe." Scott said, where he started to smile sickly. "In this safe are 10 envelopes. Each contain a check of 100,000 dollars. Adding that all up, you have 1 million dollars. Enough to indulge yourself for years. Typical lottery ticket reward money, I can compare." Patrick was starting to get interested. "Can you prove to us that there is truly money in there?"

"So I can reveal to you the code of the safe, so you can steal the money with your greedy pathetic hands? Of course not." Scott started to let some dark thoughts cloud the minds of those in the dining room, before continuing. "I supplied enough food here. The way to the kitchen and breakfast nook is behind me." Scott said, referring to the narrow door, next to the fireplace. "Last one to leave this place, without shitting your pants wins the money. I don't expect you all to share the money. You are all just like the rest of everyone."
"Isn't that a bit hypocritical of you, Scott?" Spencer said, since Scott was behaving as a spoiled brat.
"I got this money for myself. No one with my interests would be interested in my money. If I tried to donate to a church, they would deny it!"

"Besides.. I knew to make sure it would be almost impossible to get the safe open, without my help." Scott said, chillingly.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:35 am

Mary-Anne Paris

When Scott announced that he was leaving the room, the red-haired girl said brightly:

“I’m coming too. You can count me in Scott!”

Mary-Anne was starting to wonder about the size and the value of the dining room. This room with all the paintings, was already starting to seem to her like an ocean of dollar signs.

Still, the art was horrific. As she walked out of the room, she looked at the painting of the scary clown with considerable disgust. She and Rachel exchanged some looks of disgust.

“These paintings su-“ Rachel began but was sharply cut off.

“SHUSH!” Mary Anne hissed, her eyes panicking briefly.

A few sneaky looks of disgust were fine, but openly criticizing Scott’s gallery? That puts a damper on the final game goals.

Soon, the group entered the dining hall.

Mary-Anne was distracted by all the fine things when Scott mentioned there was a million dollars in the box.

Patrick was starting to get interested. "Can you prove to us that there is truly money in there?"

Rachel snapped at Patrick, “Don’t call the host a liar! It’s rude!”

Mary-Anne’s pretty but greedy eyes turned back and forth from Scott and the box.

“Well Scott this is very cool,” she said somewhat breathlessly, unable to resist. “I bet for a lucky boy like yourself, one million is just pocket change right?”

Stansfield Lee

Stansfield looked up with his stern eyes as he noted their host Scott entering with a small crowd.

Mary-Anne and Rachel… trouble indeed… and now with Scott too. Well of course all the bad apples will hang together…

As Scott talked about the money, Stansfield said nothing, simply analyzing the situation. Stansfield was naturally competitive and a bit of an overachiever, and tonight he had a goal just like in the student council, at work, or with his grades.

However, something interested him.

“Hey Scott,” he said to to the host. “What happens if more than one person is determined to stay? Would the money be split?”

It was a technicality; even with a fraction of the million he could vastly improve his family’s financial situation but the academic part of Stansfield compelled him to ask.

Mort Winters

Mort was still admiring all the paintings. At this point he barely registered what Ava, Hunter, and Daylon were saying.

Mort was was watching Scott and Patrick from a distance with considerable anticipation. Would Patrick unveil the painting?

He found himself wandering towards Patrick who had backed off after hesitating to unveil the hidden expensive painting.

"Scott? What's that painting over there? Why is it covered?" Patrick asked Scott, as he was checking out some mannequins that were tangled up in some sort of chicken wire. "That's something very important."
"Important?"
"If the price is current right now, it may cost half a million for some buyers I know." Scott explained to Patrick, as he walked over to the covered painting. Patrick saw that Scott was eyeing him, where he was about to take the sheet off of it, until he saw that Scott was watching him. He didn't look like he was going to stop Patrick. He wants him to see it. Patrick immediately hesitated and took a step back from it.

Mort was very very disappointed.

Back at the gallery, Scott started to leave the room. "I'm heading over to explain about tonight in the dining room. If you want to stay behind to check out the art, be my guest. If you want to make yourself comfortable here, take a seat over there." Scott said, talking about the rocking chair piece with the blades. Patrick started to follow Scott, wanting to know more of the night and the overall plans ahead.

Party snacks or a continued close up tour of some of the half century ‘s underrated masterpieces? For Mort the choice was clear.

Mort was particularly interested in the not yet revealed painting at the end of the room. He walked up to it and said to the remaining teens in the room:

“Why did Patrick hesitate? Come on dude! Let’s check it out! I bet it’ll be wicked cool.”

Mort himself approaches and removed the cloth from the painting to reveal it...

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Daylon Swartz

"Hmm, a conspiracy theorist I see, not very much unlike a niche manga I've been reading, but someone of your caliber may not be able to properly appreciate it. I do not believe I have seen anything suspicious though." Daylon looked at the Kirby guy and saw that he looked like he didn't absolutely abhor his existence like many of the others in the school did. Perhaps when he finally was acknowledged and given the respect and recognition he deserved Kirby would be spared from the humiliation of the popular he had planned. "Say, what does your name happen to be? I know it ends in a reference to the popular Nintendo character Kirby, but I am lost on the first name. My name is Daylon Swartz, the child of Steve and Mary Swartz." Daylon did a Japanese bow to Hunter and hoped he had not scared off his potential friend.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:54 am

Clarissa

Clarissa had been watching Scott with the safe with some real interest. She had decided to ignore his first comment, and moved towards the table to stand beside him.
"There is a way you could prove the existence of the money without giving us a chance to steal it," she informed him, "You may wish to open the safe while blocking our view of the code with your body, remove and open the envelopes, show that the cheques exist and then replace them. I shall stay, for I have other things that I must do before the night is out, however without proper proof the money exists others may not be so willing."
At this point, however, she leaned in close to Scott and whispered quickly into his ear.
"Be careful of Mary-anne and her friend. She wishes to kill you and steal your artwork. Don't let them out of your sight."
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:26 pm

The Gallery

After Scott and the others who were following him left, the gallery was left to the others who still remained there. While there didn't seem to be any sign of secret passages, though it didn't look like the government would use the mansion so far as a secret base, Mort Winters was near the covered up painting with his interest peaking.

“Why did Patrick hesitate? Come on dude! Let’s check it out! I bet it’ll be wicked cool.”

Mort grabbed the cloth over the painting... and a sense of dread immediately appeared in the room. The cloth dropped down onto the floor, as Mort took it off the painting. The painting was large and presented a realistic style, though some sense of surrealism was in place. The painting had only two colors. Red and black. It depicted hundreds of people, varying in ages, completely naked, herded like cattle by a shadowy figure in the corner of the painting. It looked like the figure was sending people directly into hell. The painting didn't seem to have an official title. All that read of the text below the painting was "Exhibit E, #10/31/98."

The hell was this? Was this evidence from an actual crime scene? It looked familiar, also.

The Dining Room

At the dining room, Scott was explaining some stuff about the safe and money, where the skies were starting to dark and clouds were forming outside from the view of the windows in the room. Time did pass as the teens were in the mansion, but it felt like something had descended upon the mansion itself. Was it a calling? "Don't assume that one million dollars is just pocket change, Mary-Anne. This money is something I had to beg to my father back in California. This is box office stuff from his last film. Now, to answer your question Stansfield, I didn't expect people to share the reward. Admit it, you jackasses.." Scott said, seemingly taunting the group.

"I said admit it! I wanted to see if you were willing to stab each other's backs for this type of challenge! All of you lowlife scum are just so desperate for money! It doesn't surprise me!" Scott said, tossing the bottle of ginger beer to the ground, letting it shattering into small glass shards. He seems to be aware that he was pissing off everyone in the room. Julia didn't want to respond to Scott, without fear of suffering his sadistic wrath. Victoria couldn't hide his disgust, as she started to leave the room. Patrick and Spencer could only look at Scott with unease, knowing that he was trying to have people lose the challenge already. Then, Clarissa tried to give Scott some advice.

"There is a way you could prove the existence of the money without giving us a chance to steal it," she informed him, "You may wish to open the safe while blocking our view of the code with your body, remove and open the envelopes, show that the cheques exist and then replace them. I shall stay, for I have other things that I must do before the night is out, however without proper proof the money exists others may not be so willing."

Scott was about to say something, until Clarissa whispered something in his ear.

Then, Scott began to laugh.

"Of course, I know that! All of you fuckers want to send me six feet under, anyways! I know every one of you freaks want to gut me open like a pig and put my head on a stake! The whole school wants me dead! Besides, even if any of you didn't see the code, I would have just decided to throw the checks into the fire for fun! Especially when you have greedy whore pigs like Mary-Anne over there, snorting like a fat hog she is!" Scott suddenly turned his attention to Mary-Anne, knowing that Clarissa whispered to him. "You think I would be interested in some cow with udders, wanting to live with me? Please!" Scott insulted Mary-Anne, seemingly ruining all chances of Mary-Anne winning over Scott. Then again, Scott didn't seem to be respectable to anyone. With the behavior he's showing, he could be a sociopath with some misogynistic traits.

"I think you said enough, Scott.." Patrick started to say, knowing what Scott was trying to do. "I think I should.." Patrick wanted to say that he wanted to leave, but the thought that Scott might be telling the truth about the checks in the safe could be true. "Should head somewhere, just to avoid people like you. Especially people like you. I imagined you were a simple lost soul who needed guidance, but all I see is a man who looks like they would steal from donation bins. Nothing, but unsaturated sin that you seem to embrace!" Patrick declared, before leaving the dining room to explore somewhere.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Mary-Anne Paris

Scott’s sudden unexpected bout of insults hit the girl like a massive splash of ice cold water.

She backed off slightly and made a very exaggerated gasping motion, her eyes looking around in absolute disbelief.

She saw her own expression mirrored in Rachel’s face.

As the high school queen, Mary-Anne had never been called out in this way (though she had done so to numerous less socially protected teens). This was why she struggled to think of a retort.

The potential dollar signs were crashing down...

“Scott my dear,” she called out with extra effort to sound bright and sweet. “Surely you did not mean to insult a poor girl? I don’t want to use you, I like you for who you really are.”

Stansfield Lee

Stansfield buried his face in his heads, shaking his head in disbelief.

He was astounded at the all around displayed levels of immaturity.

Well... what did I expect?

He didn’t blame his fellow party members for coming and wanting money but he was starting to wonder... what was Scott’s angle on this? He didn’t gain anything by giving money away and he seems at least partly determined to make it all unpleasant.

He was confused at why Scott would suggest he would want anyone dead. Stansfield didn’t like Scott, but to kill anyone? Eh.

Deciding that manners were out, Stansfield picked up a slice of pizza and helped himself.

He ironically remarked to Scott, “This pizza is wonderful stuff, thanks mate!”

Stansfield noticed Patrick leaving so he called out: “Hey you coming back?”

He had half a mind to follow but Patrick was too fast. Besides, the food was here. He poured himself some fruit punch. He avoided alcohol.

Stansfield got some amount of flak from this at school, but he was a bit of a cheerless teetotaler. He wasn’t about to start today of all days, when a clear head would be needed.

Rachel Coulter

As Rachel watched her patron and mistress get completely chewed out, her henchwoman instinct kicked in. Scott was too useful so instead, the bulky volley ball girl captain turned on Clarissa.

She walked towards Clarissa aggressively.

“You fucking witch!” Rachel said rudely. “What the hell did you whisper in his ear?”

Rachel turned to Scott and pointed at Clarissa.

“She’s crazy and a known liar! Don’t listen to a word she says!”

Then she turned back to Clarissa and starred her down.

“You better back the fuck down.”

Stansfield Lee

Yeah... not good...

Temporarily leaving the food, Stansfield got up and walked over.

“Everyone!” he called out. “Stop this. This is pointless. Let’s not fight.”
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:55 am

Scott and some of the others walked out of the gallery and Ava heard an explosion of yells come from the other room where they had gone. It seemed that the group wasn't getting along... but so far no one had bothered Ava at least, even if everyone seemed to be a bunch of weirdos. But ava was too distracted to even notice people's personalities at this point... as soon as Mort had pulled the cover off the painting she had frozen in place, as if petrified. Her first reaction was denial. It can't be. But then she realized that in fact there was no way that this could be a coincidence. No two paintings would look so much alike.

Sure enough, the tag at the bottom was dated: 10/31/98.

What.

So many memories came flooding back to Ava, memories that would have been unpleasant enough if they hadn't served to underscore the terrifying parallels between that situation and this one. A group of teens go into a haunted house to spend the night... bad things happen. It already seemed the pattern was being followed.

Now, the fact that this painting had reappeared here, in Florida, where she had come specifically in an effort to escape from her past, seemed like there had to be some supernatural explanation for it. For a moment, Ava remembered all the strange things that had happened before: conjurings, occult readings, superpowers, teleportation... but then she remembered that these had all been the inventions of her fevered imagination to explain the terrible tragedy that had happened. It had just been a 'normal' mass murder--if such a thing existed.

Ava had tried so hard to escape from these memories, and she didn't like being confronted with them again, especially not in a situation like this... but she didn't know what to do. Did she need to start planning an escape from this house now? And how could she ever escape from what had already happened to her?
rəswɛsən

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:58 am

Clarissa

"Such a faithful dog," Clarissa would not be stared down by Rachel, her own expression had just become very much weird. The 15 year old was smiling a rather unsettling smile, her own eyes glaring deeply into Rachel's as she took a few steps towards the larger girl. "Alas," she continued, "It is always the dogs...or the common soldiers who die for their masters. You are very loyal to your mistress, Rachel, but I had no plans for your life to be cut so tragically short by such misplaced affection." Her hands moved freely and slowly at her sides before her fingers began to bunch into fists as she continued to slowly walk towards Rachel, all the while keeping eye contact.
"Scott does not fancy-Anne," she continued, "He will not be made more likely to do so by you foolishly throwing your life away in support of her endeavours. However..." her voice and expression took on a note of sadness "If you are determined to sacrifice yourself, I will provide the end you desire."
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:58 am

Recuecn wrote:
So many memories came flooding back to Ava, memories that would have been unpleasant enough if they hadn't served to underscore the terrifying parallels between that situation and this one. A group of teens go into a haunted house to spend the night... bad things happen. It already seemed the pattern was being followed.

Now, the fact that this painting had reappeared here, in Florida, where she had come specifically in an effort to escape from her past, seemed like there had to be some supernatural explanation for it. For a moment, Ava remembered all the strange things that had happened before: conjurings, occult readings, superpowers, teleportation... but then she remembered that these had all been the inventions of her fevered imagination to explain the terrible tragedy that had happened. It had just been a 'normal' mass murder--if such a thing existed.

Ava had tried so hard to escape from these memories, and she didn't like being confronted with them again, especially not in a situation like this... but she didn't know what to do. Did she need to start planning an escape from this house now? And how could she ever escape from what had already happened to her?

Mort Winters

Mort admired the incredible painting before him. It was in his eyes, a true masterpiece, it was strikingly realistic and haunting. The perspective, the use of shadows, the combination of elements from various art styles. The brushstrokes were impeccable, precise and the choice of colours and lighting totally set the mood.

The scale of the thing was amazing, there were over a hundred naked figures in the painting and the striking details; it must have taken a long time to paint.

I don't care how much it's worth but this... this is WICKED.

Mort looked for a title to the painting; he saw the date... "10/31/1998."

... 1998? Painted in... but...

"Wait..." he said out loud. "1998? That can't be the date it was painted. Carballal died in the 60s right? What's the date for then?"

... 1998???? How? Why 1998?

Mort looked around to see how his peers responded.

He noticed that Ava in particular looked really disturbed and uneasy.

"Hey are you alright?" the pale teen offered up. "It's... it's only a painting."

He understood morbid art was not for everyone. However, Mort had a dark side and this was RIGHT UP his alley.

As Mort's eyes returned to the painting, a realisation came upon him.

10/31/98

"Hey that's on Halloween!" he cried out. "Two years ago!"

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:05 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Clarissa

"Such a faithful dog," Clarissa would not be stared down by Rachel, her own expression had just become very much weird. The 15 year old was smiling a rather unsettling smile, her own eyes glaring deeply into Rachel's as she took a few steps towards the larger girl. "Alas," she continued, "It is always the dogs...or the common soldiers who die for their masters. You are very loyal to your mistress, Rachel, but I had no plans for your life to be cut so tragically short by such misplaced affection." Her hands moved freely and slowly at her sides before her fingers began to bunch into fists as she continued to slowly walk towards Rachel, all the while keeping eye contact.
"Scott does not fancy-Anne," she continued, "He will not be made more likely to do so by you foolishly throwing your life away in support of her endeavours. However..." her voice and expression took on a note of sadness "If you are determined to sacrifice yourself, I will provide the end you desire."

Rachel Coulter

Though she would not admit it, Rachel was more than a little intimidated. Clarissa was giving off the vibe that this was NOT a person you wanted to mess with. There were people who could be pushed and intimidated... Clarissa wasn't and she seemed a bit dangerous.

Still, Rachel burned with anger at being compared to a dog.

"Why... Why you little fucking-" she began.

Stansfield Lee

"I said ENOUGH!" Stansfield said forcefully. He literally stepped between the two girls and extended his hands out. Looking at both of them, he added:

"We are OSTENSIBLY supposed to be here to have a party, not bicker like children."

Taking a deep breath, he added,"

"Please stop."

Stansfield had done his fair share of metaphorical and literal babysitting (for about 17 dollars an hour) and he had a fairly good eye for when something may turn out ugly. A couple of girls fighting it out inside in this place, even the slight risk of it had to be mitigated at all cost.

"Can... can we PLEASE just try to enjoy the party," he added more calmly. "Well... to the extent it's possible?"

Mary-Anne and Rachel glared at Stansfield. They didn't like his self-appointed sheriff status but at the same time, the two mean girls understood that a fight at this point with Clarissa wouldn't really do anything... so they seemed to back off for now.

At any rate, Stansfield, whatever he was, was a class president. He did have SOME standing.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:54 am

Kieran Leonard

"You made a very clever decision!" Kieran stepped forward from where e had been standing a little ways apart from his sister and grinned at Mary-anne and Rachel. "I have no doubt that my sister is more than capable of dispatching either one of you, but I was rather worried if she was forced to fight on two fronts."
He raised one hand to brush his hair slightly out of his eyes and smiled down at them from his impressive height: his expression, although happy, showed absolutely no sign that he was in any way joking. "I was worried I'd have to break both your necks for hitting my sister, and that would spoil Scott's lovely furnature with all the gunk that might come out of you," getting an idea he turned his smile on Scott "Unless you want me to break their necks anyway? For fun?"

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:43 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Mort looked around to see how his peers responded.

"Hey are you alright?" the pale teen offered up. "It's... it's only a painting."

He understood morbid art was not for everyone. However, Mort had a dark side and this was RIGHT UP his alley.

10/31/98

Mort's question shook Ava out of her haunting reverie. I'm definitely not okay, she thought, but she couldn't say that.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said. "I just don't like the painting." Would people ask questions if she said it brought back bad memories? She didn't want to risk it.

"Do you mind if we cover it back up?" she asked. "It's giving me anxiety or something." Ava turned around so as to not see the painting, but quickly realized that knowing it was behind her where she couldn't see it was even creepier. She turned back around to face it. She looked at Mort, who was still holding the cloth he'd pulled off the painting. "Please?"
Last edited by Recuecn on Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rəswɛsən

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:58 am

Recuecn wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Mort looked around to see how his peers responded.

10/31/98

Mort's question shook Ava out of her haunting reverie. I'm definitely not okay, she thought, but she couldn't say that.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said. "I just don't like the painting." Would people ask questions if she said it brought back bad memories? She didn't want to risk it.

"Do you mind if we cover it back up?" she asked. "It's giving me anxiety or something." Ava turned around so as to not see the painting, but quickly realized that knowing it was behind her where she couldn't see it was even creepier. She turned back around to face it. She looked at Mort, who was still holding the cloth he'd pulled off the painting. "Please?"

Mort Winters

Mort didn't understand the whole story but he could see that the painting was upsetting the African-American girl, and he had no intention of doing so.

"I... okay sure," he said and he covered the painting once more.

The last thing he wanted to do was upset anyone. But he was definitely still getting worked up about this wicked place!

"Want to look around some more?" he said to the others.

Mort feared that their enthusiasm might fade. He for one, was perfectly willing to spend most of the party here. His obsession with this sort of thing has, on a number of occasions, led to him being called a bit of a nerd.

He had done a lot of reading on Carballal's art, and HERE IT WAS FOR ALL TO SEE! Well... maybe not the entire collection, there could be a few missing, he'd be curious about which ones too...
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:23 pm

The Dining Room

While the argument was ensuring with Rachel, Mary-Anne, and the Leonards, Scott seemed to be watching the argument. He didn't say a word, but he only had a sickly happy grin while watching them fight. He seemed to be watching till one of them attacked the other, until Stansfield stepped forward to diffuse the situation. Spencer later helped, where he noticed that Scott was enjoying all of this. "C'mon guys. Stansfield is right. We just came to enjoy the party. Scott seems to be the only one who is enjoy this, though.." Spencer said, as he was looking at Scott's reaction, where he was trying to conceal a laugh.

"Was this party your excuse on having us act erratically?" Spencer demanded to Scott, as he immediately looked indifferent. "Come on, Spencer.. I weren't lie about money I have I can give away. My promise still sticks. Though it's part of a little game of mine." Scott said to Spencer, as Spencer looked confused. "The fuck are you trying to say Scott?"
"What I'm trying to say is that I don't expect you people to share the money after the end of the night. You all think you have some morality, however all of you are just like the rest of everyone else. Trying to act all innocent when you're just pretenders.." Scott says, as he knows that Patrick had left the dining room, as he walked up to Spencer. "Bible boy can't help you now."

Out of nowhere, Spencer suddenly punched Scott. "Spencer, that's enough!" Julia immediately stepped in to put her in between Spencer and Scott, where Scott gave him a dirty look, before starting to walk to the kitchen. "If you people want to continue to avoid, I think I should give you some privacy for once." Scott explains, as he opened a door leading to the kitchen.

"Complete asshole.." Spencer groaned, as he looked at Stansfield. "Where did Patrick and Victoria go? I saw both of them leave the room, but did they leave the mansion?" Spencer asks the group.

The Gallery

Back at the gallery, the presence of the painting was enough to unnerve Ava. It was more unpleasant memories than nothing. Mort kept the cover back on, where Victoria walked into the gallery to see all of the art and what appeared to be evidence that Scott kept. "This shit is better off being donated to someone..." Victoria complained to herself, as she looked at a painting of a monster clown that Patrick observed earlier. However, Patrick seemed to have gone somewhere else.

The Marsh

Patrick had went to go somewhere private, where he ended up finishing a small breakfast nook near the kitchen. Two doors with glass panels overlooking outside, showed a view of the old towering mansion in the distance. Scott was probably focused on having that near his own mansion, Patrick thought. It served as nothing more than a view of Scott's sins. Patrick felt anger in his body. The young man was nothing, but a lost cause to Patrick. Going against the luck Patrick believed was given to Scott, Patrick was only disappointed that Scott used his skills and the nepotism of his father to gain wealth for selfish pleasures to make a caricature of an average human being. Patrick knew what had to be done. He was going to figure out a way to get out of the old mansion. Because it would put an end to Scott's immaturity?

Patrick exited the breakfast nook to head outside. Scott was spying on Patrick, as he watched him exit the breakfast nook to head to the old original mansion itself. Scott could only do nothing, but groan in annoyance. Heading back to the kitchen, Scott got a large kitchen knife from the knife rack, as he headed outside, before anyone noticed.

Outside of the mansion, there was sprinkles of rain in the forest, where Patrick put up a hood on his jacket, as he followed the path that led into the tropical forest. This forest seemed to be filled with life of all sorts of animals. However, Patrick wondered if they were all hiding from the rainstorm that was coming. Patrick passed by what appeared to be a large shack, only to see that it was stables, long in disarray, belonging to the original mansion. Patrick continued onwards, until he noticed a fork in the path. The right path seemed to take him straight to the original manor. With ideas on his mind, Patrick followed the right path, as he began to feel like someone was watching him. Was it his imagination? Patrick wondered, as the rain became to pick up, increasing in rainfall.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Stansfield Lee

Out of nowhere, Spencer suddenly punched Scott. "Spencer, that's enough!" Julia immediately stepped in to put her in between Spencer and Scott

"WOOOOOOAAAAAHHHHH..." Stansfield cried out. "CALM IT CALM IT!"

He also tried to help Julia maintain the peace with outstretched palms that pointed in two directions, though Julia got between the fighters first.

Man if someone really did get sent to the hospital for this it would be sad...

"If you people want to continue to avoid, I think I should give you some privacy for once." Scott explains, as he opened a door leading to the kitchen.

"Complete asshole.." Spencer groaned, as he looked at Stansfield. "Where did Patrick and Victoria go? I saw both of them leave the room, but did they leave the mansion?" Spencer asks the group.

Stansfield let out a sigh of relief as Scott left. A major source of provocation was gone.

"I don't know," Stansfield replied. "I think there's a group of other friends who went to the gallery. Maybe they're still there. I bet Mort would be. He's quite into art stuff."

To try and defuse the tension, Stansfield walked back to the food table. "Anyone else want something to eat? It would be a shame to see it all go to waste?"

He sat back down, drank some more punch, and began to fill up his plate with food once more.

Mary-Anne Paris

Mary-Anne could not believe that Scott could ignore or reject her, it was simply an impossibility. Or at least she would not consider it, not at this moment.

"Rachel let's go," she hissed angrily.

Rachel blinked, "You mean... you mean follow-"

"YES!"

Always several steps behind...

It was critical to make another grab for Scott before another girl made a play.

The two teenage girls left the party in the direction that Scott was leaving. Soon, they had left the dining hall and were in another section of the mansion. However, it wasn't the way they had entered and now the place was kind of... maze-like?

"Which way did he go?" Rachel asked.

"I'm not sure," Mary-Anne said. "But stick to me."

"This place..." Rachel said quietly. "This place is giving me the creeps."

"Oh DO shut the hell up."

They walked around for a bit, after a while, they found themselves in a kitchen.

Where the hell is Scott?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Stansfield Lee

It was important to create a cheerful atmosphere to minimise conflict.

"Hey guys," Stansfield called out as he helped himself to more pizza. "You know what's missing? MUSIC. Did anyone see anything that could play some music? That would be relaxing wouldn't it?"

Where did Scott get these snacks they are WONDERFUL.

He helped himself to more punch and filled the plate up with a few more crackers.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:29 pm

Atkemri wrote:
Daylon Swartz

"Hmm, a conspiracy theorist I see, not very much unlike a niche manga I've been reading, but someone of your caliber may not be able to properly appreciate it. I do not believe I have seen anything suspicious though." Daylon looked at the Kirby guy and saw that he looked like he didn't absolutely abhor his existence like many of the others in the school did. Perhaps when he finally was acknowledged and given the respect and recognition he deserved Kirby would be spared from the humiliation of the popular he had planned. "Say, what does your name happen to be? I know it ends in a reference to the popular Nintendo character Kirby, but I am lost on the first name. My name is Daylon Swartz, the child of Steve and Mary Swartz." Daylon did a Japanese bow to Hunter and hoped he had not scared off his potential friend.

Hunter Kirby
Hunter said, "The name's Hunter. Not everything, including my last name, is a pop culture reference." He crouched down, and began tapping on the floor with his pencil, hoping to find some sort of switch. This Daylon guy was getting on his nerves a little bit. There was something off about him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Was he in on it, or was that just his paranoia playing up again? Hunter said,"I'm gonna head over to the dining room. Maybe I'll find something in there." With that, he began walking out of the gallery, and towards the dining room. He was kind of hungry, but he was hesitiant to eat the snacks in the dining room. They might have been doctored with something, so best to avoid it. At home, he and his two siblings made sure to filter their water, and only eat food they had prepared themselves, or came sealed. His older brother had practically raised Hunter and his sister after their parent's mysterious fatal car accident, and believed that you could never be too cautious.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:45 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Atkemri wrote:
Daylon Swartz

Hunter Kirby
Hunter said, "The name's Hunter. Not everything, including my last name, is a pop culture reference." He crouched down, and began tapping on the floor with his pencil, hoping to find some sort of switch. This Daylon guy was getting on his nerves a little bit. There was something off about him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Was he in on it, or was that just his paranoia playing up again? Hunter said,"I'm gonna head over to the dining room. Maybe I'll find something in there." With that, he began walking out of the gallery, and towards the dining room. He was kind of hungry, but he was hesitiant to eat the snacks in the dining room. They might have been doctored with something, so best to avoid it. At home, he and his two siblings made sure to filter their water, and only eat food they had prepared themselves, or came sealed. His older brother had practically raised Hunter and his sister after their parent's mysterious fatal car accident, and believed that you could never be too cautious.

Mort Winters

Mort was a bit disappointed that Hunter was leaving but he understood paintings were not for everyone.

"Well, guess I'll see you later!" he called out.

Then he continued to stroll around, admiring every stroke on the canvas.

"If I had the money I'd definitely buy this all up," Mort said genially. "Cause it would be-"

He turned and noticed that Ava was looking quite concerned and worried still.

"Hey err Ava," he said gently. "What's... what's the matter? That painting really upset you? I didn't meant to."

He had a feeling there was more to Ava's story.

Stansfield Lee

Well... those two won't be missed.

He thought to himself, referencing Mary-Anne and Rachel. Hopefully they and Scott stay out of the way for the rest of the evening.

Then there's a slight possibility we make it all in one piece.

He wasn't scared of the ghosts, he didn't believe in that nonsense. In his mind, there was no need for ghosts or monsters. The things people (especially immature teens) could do to each other... scary enough already indeed.

He was still eating a slice of pizza when he turned and saw Hunter Kirby join them in the dining room.

"Hi there?" Stansfield said, offering a hand. "I'm Stansfield. Enjoying the party? The food is quite excellent."
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:44 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Mort Winters

Mort was a bit disappointed that Hunter was leaving but he understood paintings were not for everyone.

"If I had the money I'd definitely buy this all up," Mort said genially. "Cause it would be-"

"Hey err Ava," he said gently. "What's... what's the matter? That painting really upset you? I didn't meant to."

Ava shook her head. "Sorry, it's nothing," she said.

"Hey, you said you wanted to look around more?" Ava said, gesturing to the door. "I wouldn't mind trying a different room... And Hunter said he was going to look around for paranormal stuff or something too a minute ago, which could be kind of fun. Which way did he go, this way? He said he was going to the dining room, right?"

Ava walked into the Dining Room to find Hunter, assuming Mort was following behind her, but too worried either way--she was just happy to be out of the gallery and away from the terrible memories the painting there brought back, even if it was covered up now. She found Hunter there, awkwardly looking at the snacks but not eating anything. Ava helped herself to a can of pringles, taking the whole thing for herself. She needed some comfort food right about now. Anything to take her mind off of... now there was an idea.

"Hey, Hunter, you said you were gong to look around for like, traps and paranormal stuff or something?" she asked, holding out the can of pringles to him in case he wanted some too. "Do you want to do that now? Not sure if Mort might wanna come too."
rəswɛsən

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
"He's probably busy, displaying his art to Mary-Anne and her crony Rachel. Everyone else probably followed suit." Victoria said, holding a cupcake from the buffet table, getting ready to eat it. It wasn't until Amon decided to grab some snacks to put in his backpack, which he left the group. Not before leaving the reply to the group of "Bye Felicia." Going upstairs, Amon would find several hallways above the stairs. One of the closest doors near the doors was painted a bright red, though it was unlocked. Taking a peek inside, it was a red and white colored guest room with a queen sized bed. If Amon was going to take a room to himself, he already has dibs.

Theme

Amon Day

Red Door Room

What do we have here...?

Was it as easy as that? Could it be a trick or is it simply benign? Those where among the many thoughts running through the paranoia fueled faculty that constituted his mind. He wasn't the type of man who ever took things as face value. WIth his life spent growing up in a crash course of the hard knocks the very notion of naivety and idealism had been beaten out of him thoroughly and savagely from a young age. He was a man that took precautions and this would be no different.

Into the room he went quietly and methodically scanning all around him like a predator on the Serengeti watching for any and all movement or sounds. Of course he kept the door open just in case he needed to jump out for whatever reason. To the bed he went making sure to take off his shoe and dropping it upon the bed checking for a reaction. When that was done he went around checking the walls to see if there were any hidden entrance ways or closets keeping an eye, ear and touch to anything particularly suspicious. Was it a bit over the top? Probably. But that was the man he was.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:27 am

Red Bedroom

For the bedroom that Amon Day was in, there didn't seem to be any sign of secret buttons, compartments, nor passages. The only thing this bedroom had were the signs of comfort, as it was intended. Though the atmosphere was still of unease. The presence in the mansion was due to the common legends said to have happened at the estate, but it was starting to get eerie. Especially, since Amon was alone and-

Creak....

What was that?

Creak...

The closet door in the red bedroom had slowly opened by itself by some unknown force. Inside of the closet was nothing. Just an empty wooden closet. Anything inside? No. Feeling or pushing for any secrets inside didn't help also. It was probably just Day's imagination? Or did a drift carry into the room? But there isn't any windows inside of the bedroom?

Dining Room

Back at the dining room, the atmosphere was starting to be more hospitable, like an actual party. Now that Scott wasn't harassing anyone, everyone could mingle in peace. Spencer shared food with Stansfield, since they didn't want the food to go to waste. Julia settled on something small and sweet. She wasn't really that hungry, though. "Pizza is actually good. Probably homemade or he managed to hire some delivery." Spencer said, taking a liking to the pizza.

"I see no radio. He might have a stereo, but I don't think he was expecting people to come to his party scheme." Julia said, hearing Stansfield wanting some music.
"Where's Victoria and Patrick?" Spencer asked.
"I saw Victoria leave. I think she went into the gallery. As for Patrick.. I think Scott is going to be the one who gets into a scuffle with him.."

Hunter and Ava arrived at the Dining Room, where Spencer noticed them. He assumed that Mort was about to enter the room, as well. He introduced himself, as Julia decided to get herself another cupcake. "Hunter? You with the new girl? I know she moved here a while ago, but I'm surprised she's here at the party." Spencer said. "Hey, Spencer? Where's Patrick? Didn't he go outside? It's getting very dark outside." Julia said, as she was looking through the window.

She was right. It was suddenly dark outside, where the sky was gray to a now natural black. Rain was dripping outside into the tropical forest. Patrick and Scott were probably soaked by now, though it's odd to know that Mary-Anne and Rachel weren't here. "I'm going to see if Victoria is interested, since Scott isn't around." Julia told Spencer, as she went outside of the dining room to head to the gallery. After a while, when she left, Spencer was wondering where Scott is now. Especially Patrick. He might as well look for Patrick, also.

"Stay here, guys. I'm going to go look for Patrick. I think he's in the house now that it's raining?" Spencer said, as he let Stansfield hold a cup of punch that Spencer was drinking.

The Marsh

Patrick continued down the path. The rain was going down in normal strides. He put his hood from his jacket up, as he saw what looked like the manor in front of him. It was getting dark, but he can tell that it was it. Patrick walked over a red wooden footbridge over an empty ditch, as he walked towards the original mansion. The old mansion stood much taller than the Art Deco-surrealist house that Scott lived in. 3 floors from the looks of it. The walls were made with a cross of wood and stone. It definitely looked like an old house. Moss was growing from the outer walls, windows were filthy of dust and age, termites had already gotten rid of the first front two steps up to the house.

Gargoyles loomed on the top of the hole covered roof of the mansion and stone trimmings. It was said that Paris did try to burn down the house. Patrick went up to a wall of the house to feel it. Wet. Paris could have tried to do it on the inside. Patrick wanted to try to see if the icon of sin was possible to destroy. He got out his backpack quick. "Where is it? Ah. There it is." Patrick digged into his bag to get a plastic flashlight with some batteries. He wasn't really going to burn down the house. Though, he wanted to make everyone know that Scott was just lying and trying advantage of the legends to get his way. Turning on his flashlight, Scott went up the remaining short steps, as he went up to the front double doors. He turned the doorknob.

Unlocked.

"Huh.." Patrick opened the door slowly, pushing it, as he felt something on his wrist. In a midst of shock, he saw a large spider land on it, where he immediately swatted it again, where it scurried off. "I guess Dad was right when he told me that spiders go to hell.." Patrick joked to himself, as he went inside the house, leaving the door open.

Meanwhile, Scott was stalking Patrick, seeing him enter the house. Clutching the knife, Scott had some ideas in mind.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:30 pm

Mort Winters

"Ah okay," Mort said. "I think I'll just stay here for now though. I really really dig these paintings. Plus there's at least one other section in the corner I didn't get too close of a look at. I'll see you around Ava."

Cheerfully, he wandered off by himself into another corner, his eyes glued to the paintings.

Mary-Anne Paris

"Where the fuck is he?" she said out loud.

It had been a bad day for the high school queen: First she had failed to make any headway with Scott, then some Leonard girl had the nerve to threaten her, and now this idiocy.

"Maybe he went back to join the others?" Rachel asked. "Hey this is a bit like hide and seek isn't-"

"Oh do SHUT UP."

This isn't how it's supposed to go. NOT AT ALL.

"Come with me," Mary-Anne said, leading the way firmly, her face very cross, "Maybe he exited through this side."

The two of them walked around the house some more. The place was getting increasingly unsettling and the corridors were confusing.

"How big is this place?" Rachel asked. "And it's starting to give me the creepers."

"Whatever," Mary-Anne said.

At length Rachel opened a door and found themselves outside in the darkness and the rain.

"What are you doing?" Mary-Anne said. "It's raining outside and it's cold and-"

"He could be out there," Rachel said firmly. She stepped out.

"Hey wait up."

The sky was darkening and there was a moderate amount of rain; there was a ghastly chill to the air. They were now in some kind of pathway near or in... a marsh?

"Rachel, this has got to be the dumbest, most idiotic-"

"He's there!" Rachel called out, pointing.

Mary-Anne walked next to her and saw what her friend was pointing out. Scott was quite far away.

It seemed that Scott was standing somewhat close to second mansion. The sight of the second mansion brightened the girl's mood somewhat:

OH MY GOD! It IS TRUE. That house is even BIGGER.

"Let's go," she said firmly, her green eyes flashing.

The two of them walked out of the mansion and headed in the direction of Scott who was standing near the red wooden foot bridge. As they approached Scott, they ignored their natural surroundings, which were increasingly ominous, in fact, the vegetation on either side looked like they might swallow them whole.

"Hey SCOTT!" Mary-Anne called out as she closed the distance. "Is this a way to treat a girl?"

She had sounded more angry than she couldn't control herself. Then she saw it...

He's holding a KNIFE?!

"What the hell are you doing with that?" Mary-Anne called out. She could feel Rachel backing off a little bit next to her.

"Mary-Anne," Rachel said, white-faced. "I don't like this."

"Shut it."
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:52 pm

Recuecn wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Mort Winters

Ava shook her head. "Sorry, it's nothing," she said.

"Hey, you said you wanted to look around more?" Ava said, gesturing to the door. "I wouldn't mind trying a different room... And Hunter said he was going to look around for paranormal stuff or something too a minute ago, which could be kind of fun. Which way did he go, this way? He said he was going to the dining room, right?"

Ava walked into the Dining Room to find Hunter, assuming Mort was following behind her, but too worried either way--she was just happy to be out of the gallery and away from the terrible memories the painting there brought back, even if it was covered up now. She found Hunter there, awkwardly looking at the snacks but not eating anything. Ava helped herself to a can of pringles, taking the whole thing for herself. She needed some comfort food right about now. Anything to take her mind off of... now there was an idea.

"Hey, Hunter, you said you were gong to look around for like, traps and paranormal stuff or something?" she asked, holding out the can of pringles to him in case he wanted some too. "Do you want to do that now? Not sure if Mort might wanna come too."

Hunter looked up, from his study of the snacks. He said,"Maybe. Were those Pringles completely sealed? If they were, I'll take some." He had been planning on heading out to explore and search for evidence in a few minutes. He continued,"I was about to look around some more anyway, so yeah, let's go."
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse