NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders II (A Sequel) (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:06 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hunter looked up, from his study of the snacks. He said,"Maybe. Were those Pringles completely sealed? If they were, I'll take some." He had been planning on heading out to explore and search for evidence in a few minutes. He continued,"I was about to look around some more anyway, so yeah, let's go."

"Uh yeah, they were," said Ava, taking a couple more for herself and handing Hunter the can. "Which way did you want to go? I think Mort actually changed his mind about coming."
rəswɛsən

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:43 pm

The Gallery

Mort Winters

At the gallery, Mort Winters continued to enjoy the collection. He walked around, he tried to immerse himself into the atmosphere; he tried to imagine what Carballal feltas he created each and everyone of these absolutely wicked masterpieces.

Mort had seen most of the paintings several times now; he was equally drawn to other medium of art though. The rocking chair with the blades inserted into the frames caught his attention once more. He wasn't really sure what it was about... the hidden dangers of an ordinary life routine? The dark side of capitalism? A commentary on the follies of taking life for granted?

He found himself mesmerised by the mask on the wall once more.

Wow... it looks Japanese... Did Carballal make this or is this one of Scott's collected antiques?

Suddenly, Mort heard some footsteps behind him.

His heart skipped a beat as he turned around.

However, it was just Victoria Brookes.

"Oh er... hi," Mort said. "You... you like paintings too? Who are you? I'm... I'm Mort."
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:14 am

The Gallery

"It's Victoria. Victoria Brooks. I wasn't interested in the art bullshit that Scott has, though I'm guessing this is his little freakshow." Victoria only groaned, when speaking to Mort Winters. The art interested Mort to his capacity, though some of it was debatable on whenever it was part of Carballal's actual work or some morbid that Scott got his hands on. "I'm trying to avoid Scott, though I don't know where he went. I think he's still at the dining room, but he's has this million dollars he apparently has in a little safe, if we make it for a night here."

The Old Mansion

Near the red footbridge, Scott noticed the two girls, though he could only look annoyed at their appearance, until... "Mary-Anne! Rachel! I guess one of you really wanted to see me!" Scott suddenly put himself at ease, as he let the knife loose in his hand. "I knew this party needed something interesting. Well, you all heard the legends, didn't you? Paris Carballal. Lived in the original house right here. After he tried to burn it down, he made my pad! Can't really have this torn down now, you know. It's part of history. Come on, you two. Step closer." Scott said, as he stepped closer to the two. "I might raise the bet up a bit. I can give you an extra 100 grand, if you guys think a visit into the house wouldn't hurt.." Scott said, ominously as he was a bit up close.

Patrick was inside of the old mansion. His flashlight was shining upon what appeared to be what left of a chandelier. Now it looked something like a mass of moss and vegetation that resembled coral. It was almost like the ocean from the coast nearby was giving the mansion new life. Patrick continued down a hallway, as he looked around for something of interest. A few burned out and melted candles nearby. Some on the moldy and rotting carpet and some on wooden shelves, ready to fall off at any large gust of wind. There was an open door and there was noises of what appeared to be creaking? Patrick shined his flashlight through the open door, as he peeked inside.

Inside, there was a single rocking chair, slowly moving back and forth. There was a broken glass window nearby, where the visible rainfall can be seen. Water was dripping onto the old floor. The house itself seemed to be leaking. Almost as if something was in the room itself, the rocking chair stopped moving, as there was another noise coming from the ceiling..

"Hello? Is someone in here?" Patrick called out to whoever might be in the room, but there was no reply. Patrick peeked out into the hallway, calling out for someone. "Scott? Scott, is that you? It isn't funny! Hello?" Patrick stepped out of the room, where he started to feel what seemed like water on his feet. How were his shoes already getting wet? As Patrick walked, he was hearing something near him. He continued walking, where he could hear his own footsteps also. As he continued down the hallway, his own footsteps got louder, where-

"Wait.."

Patrick wasn't just hearing his own footsteps. As he went down the hallway, he was hearing another set of footsteps..

Behind him?

Patrick immediately felt a drop of water on his shoulder and gasped.

#@#$!@$%%
%$@%@%$%$
@$#@!$!%!%

ERROR DETECTED: UNABLE TO RETRIEVE DATA

The flashlight rolled on the carpet, as the light was still on. A faint puddle of water was nearby.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 am

"It's Victoria. Victoria Brooks. I wasn't interested in the art bullshit that Scott has, though I'm guessing this is his little freakshow." Victoria only groaned, when speaking to Mort Winters. The art interested Mort to his capacity, though some of it was debatable on whenever it was part of Carballal's actual work or some morbid that Scott got his hands on. "I'm trying to avoid Scott, though I don't know where he went. I think he's still at the dining room, but he's has this million dollars he apparently has in a little safe, if we make it for a night here."

Mort Winters

"Art bullshit?" Mort said. He was a bit put off. "This is one of the world's most wicked collections EVER!"

Mort had completely forgotten about the money.

"Oh the milloin dollars? You saw the safe? WOW!" he said.

However, his enthusiasm was quickly drawn back to the paintings. "Hey Victoria, which one would you say is your favourite? I love the Clown!"

Near the red footbridge, Scott noticed the two girls, though he could only look annoyed at their appearance, until... "Mary-Anne! Rachel! I guess one of you really wanted to see me!" Scott suddenly put himself at ease, as he let the knife loose in his hand. "I knew this party needed something interesting. Well, you all heard the legends, didn't you? Paris Carballal. Lived in the original house right here. After he tried to burn it down, he made my pad! Can't really have this torn down now, you know. It's part of history. Come on, you two. Step closer." Scott said, as he stepped closer to the two. "I might raise the bet up a bit. I can give you an extra 100 grand, if you guys think a visit into the house wouldn't hurt.." Scott said, ominously as he was a bit up close.

Mary-Anne Paris

Mary-Anne gazed the house. It looked terrifying... however... the money was too good.

"ONE HUNDRED GRAND?!" she exclaimed excitedly, "I'm totally in. We may be girls but we ain't scared of anything! You'll see hahaha... RIGHT Rachel?"

Rachel nodded sycophantically.

Wow. One hundred grand. I'm already making good returns from this party. Not to mention, I'd get more time alone with him.

Mary-Anne seemed to completely forget about the knife Scott was holding. Excitedly, she moved forward. Smiling, she grabbed Scott by the arm without asking.

"Well show me the way! I can't wait to check it out."

Rachel Coulter

Rachel followed them as well, slightly from behind. She wanted the money but for some reason she seemed less thrilled about it than Mary-Anne. She looked at the second house, in some ways, it looked even more terrifying than the first mansion. She wasn't sure she liked this. However, at least she wouldn't have to go in alone.

She also followed.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Recuecn wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hunter looked up, from his study of the snacks. He said,"Maybe. Were those Pringles completely sealed? If they were, I'll take some." He had been planning on heading out to explore and search for evidence in a few minutes. He continued,"I was about to look around some more anyway, so yeah, let's go."

"Uh yeah, they were," said Ava, taking a couple more for herself and handing Hunter the can. "Which way did you want to go? I think Mort actually changed his mind about coming."

Kieran Leonard

Kieran had been a little relieved when Scott, Mary-anne and Rachel walked off. He knew his sister would have absolutely no qualms about insulting any one of the 3 of them, and any of the 3 would have no problem with the idea of attacking her: for his part, Kieran had not been lying when he threatened to kill anyone who decided that was a good idea. However...if he could help it, he didn't fancy killing anybody today. That would lead to issues with the authorities, not the sort of thing he really wanted to partake in.

"This the supernatural stuff hunt?" he asked Hunter and Ava, who looked like they were planning to leave, "We might tag along as well, if you don't mind that of course."
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Kieran Leonard

Kieran had been a little relieved when Scott, Mary-anne and Rachel walked off. He knew his sister would have absolutely no qualms about insulting any one of the 3 of them, and any of the 3 would have no problem with the idea of attacking her: for his part, Kieran had not been lying when he threatened to kill anyone who decided that was a good idea. However...if he could help it, he didn't fancy killing anybody today. That would lead to issues with the authorities, not the sort of thing he really wanted to partake in.

"This the supernatural stuff hunt?" he asked Hunter and Ava, who looked like they were planning to leave, "We might tag along as well, if you don't mind that of course."

"That's fine with me," said Ava. "I don't particularly have an idea where I wanted to go, I just wanna stretch my legs. Lead the way!"

Ava hadn't really talked to Kieran yet and hadn't noticed that he wasn't getting along with the others. But she mostly was just interested in going for a walk and maybe exploring a bit to get her mind off of what she had seen in the gallery.
rəswɛsən

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:55 am

The Gallery

"I'm not into art like this. Rob Zombie is an artist with less scary imagery than this. Don't get me started on that killer clown painting. I thought Tim Curry looked scary, but..Jesus." Victoria said, as she saw the clown painting again. "I don't think whoever painted this wanted this to be a friendly clown. You expect someone to buy this and hang it in their room at night?"

Outside of the Old Mansion

"Very well. Come along. It's just up here." Scott said, as Mary-Anne was already grabbing Scott by the arm. She wasn't going to detach from him soon. As the three of them went up to the house, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the house at first. Scott simply opened the doors, as he had all three step inside. As he went inside the house, he gave off a smirk that both the two girls didn't notice.

"Move a bit.. I need to get something." Scott said to Mary-Anne, as a flick of light appeared, as Scott was holding a lighter, emitting a short flame, though it still lit up some of the foyer. "This is where all the stories about this place start. They say that this place is the most haunted in the whole estate. A little tour isn't going to hurt." Scott said, as he let Mary-Anne grab his arm again. "Now the original owners died in all sorts of ways. Actually, Rachel, if that is your name. Actually, Rachel I think someone literally died where you are standing over there." Scott immediately said to Rachel, where she was standing in one corner of the foyer. Scott started to lead them down a hallway. "You see all sorts of junk scattered amuck. Don't be surprised at what you see."

Scott and the two girls ended up in a T-section of the hallways, where Scott saw a lit flashlight on the floor on the right hallway. "The fuck?" Scott said, as he walked towards the flashlight, picking it up. "It's wet. Goddamn bible boy is lost in this joint." Scott started to curse to himself, as he looked around.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:28 am

"I'm not into art like this. Rob Zombie is an artist with less scary imagery than this. Don't get me started on that killer clown painting. I thought Tim Curry looked scary, but..Jesus." Victoria said, as she saw the clown painting again. "I don't think whoever painted this wanted this to be a friendly clown. You expect someone to buy this and hang it in their room at night?"

Mort Winters

Mort was surprised. Based on Victoria's appearance (black lipsticks, heavy eyeliner, piercings, a necklace with a razor blade, fishnet skirt), he assumed she was part of the goth crowd and would be interested in the dark visual arts stuff as he himself was.

I guess appearances can be deceiving.

"Oh you... you don't like scary things?" he said, surprised. "But... but your clothes... I... I just thought that you'd be into... well..."

He was nervous because he wasn't sure quite how to say more without giving offence.

Mort strolled across the gallery as he said. "I guess its not everyone's cup of tea. Still, I'd KILL for a collection like this. I'm kind of envious of Scott right now hahaha. He's such a lucky person."

The young art enthusiast found himself next to the covered painting again, the one that had unsettled Ava Sinclair with the strange date stamps.

"Did you really say Scott had a million dollars in that safe? That's a lot of money indeed. However, did you know..."

Mort pointed at the covered up painting.

"Scott came here earlier and he told me that this painting here in this room... is worth at least half a million dollars in some circles. Can you imagine that? HALF A MILLION?"

Now that Ava was gone and there was no danger of her being unsettled further, Mort felt his curiosity rise again. He really wanted to see that great painting again, he itched to uncover it again: the composition, the brushwork, the mix of art styles, the delicious, dark, atmosphere of dreary hopelessness and fear.

"Want to see it?" he said grinning, unable to contain his thrill. "Half a million dollars Victoria. It's basically painted gold."

"Very well. Come along. It's just up here." Scott said, as Mary-Anne was already grabbing Scott by the arm. She wasn't going to detach from him soon. As the three of them went up to the house, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the house at first. Scott simply opened the doors, as he had all three step inside. As he went inside the house, he gave off a smirk that both the two girls didn't notice.

Mary-Anne Paris and Rachel Coulter

Mary-Anne was very happy that Scott did not resist her taking of his arms.

The teenage girl's mind was in the bubbles and as she was led into the larger house. The only thing she was thinking about was Her And Scott Together and all the benefits that would come...

It did occur to her that she and Rachel were now being led into a second mansion away from the rest of the party, away from everyone else.

Had she not been so obsessed with Scott, the sight of the second mansion... large, gothic, terrifying, its walls filled with dreadful moss with its many large dusty windows... would have sent a shiver down her spine. However, her teenage romantic ambitions were so powerful that they dulled her alertness and observation. She had no idea what Scott had planned, no idea that there may be a bigger game...

Behind them, Rachel Coulter was growing increasingly unsettled. She had half a mind to tell Mary-Anne that they should rejoin the others. Reluctantly, she followed them inside, her eyes looking left and right. The inside of this fucking house looks even WORSE. Someone DEFINITELY could have been murdered here.

Mary-Anne was in the clouds.

He's BEGINNING TO RESPOND! WE'RE HOLDING ARMS OH MY GOD!

When Scott momentarily pulled away to light up the foyer, Mary-Anne said teasingly: "Wow Scott, you're SOOOOO resourceful."

"This is where all the stories about this place start. They say that this place is the most haunted in the whole estate. A little tour isn't going to hurt." Scott said, as he let Mary-Anne grab his arm again. "Now the original owners died in all sorts of ways. Actually, Rachel, if that is your name. Actually, Rachel I think someone literally died where you are standing over there." Scott immediately said to Rachel, where she was standing in one corner of the foyer. Scott started to lead them down a hallway. "You see all sorts of junk scattered amuck. Don't be surprised at what you see."

Mary-Anne

When Scott pointed out that Rachel was standing on the exact spot where someone died... Rachel backed off, looking momentarily horrified.

Meanwhile, Mary-Anne said sweetly:

"Well Scott my deary, I'm sure that if any ghosts show up, someone as strong and dapper as you will protect us girls... RIGHT? I'm sure that you wouldn't let anything bad happen to us right... heehee ha ha!"

He's rich. He's powerful. He's strong. And he knows his possessions well. Can it get better?

"Hey err Mary-Anne," Rachel said nervously. "Maybe... maybe we should rejoin the others."

Mary-Anne completely ignored Rachel.

There are no ghosts. It's all just nonsense. And even if they exist and show up, the three of us could probably kick their useless hides out of the window. Besides, I'm not going to leave now. No, I'm not sharing Scott with anyone else. You're welcome to leave though.

However, she said none of this out loud because it would be poor form in front of a guy she wanted to impress. She was prepared to follow Scott wherever.

Scott and the two girls ended up in a T-section of the hallways, where Scott saw a lit flashlight on the floor on the right hallway. "The fuck?" Scott said, as he walked towards the flashlight, picking it up. "It's wet. Goddamn bible boy is lost in this joint." Scott started to curse to himself, as he looked around.

Rachel Coulter

Yeah I definitely want to leave now.

"The bible boy? He came here too?" Rachel said. "Since when? ... Why would he drop this?"

What's going on?

Mary-Anne Paris

Mary-Anne had an idea. She sensed opportunity and her meaner impulses kicked in.

"Hey Scott," she said to him. "Bible boy came in here without your permission. He needs to be shown who's in charge. This is your house, he broke in. He's a snot. He wasn't invited. What do you say we find him and give him a bit of a scare? Teach him a lesson or two?"

"You mean beat him up?" Rachel asked.

"Well... we COULD but..." Mary-Anne said non-comittedly.

She waited, wanting to see what Scott would say.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:20 am

Recuecn wrote:

Hunter Kirby
He took the can, and munched on a couple of chips.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Recuecn wrote:"Uh yeah, they were," said Ava, taking a couple more for herself and handing Hunter the can. "Which way did you want to go? I think Mort actually changed his mind about coming."

Kieran Leonard

Hunter said,"I don't mind. The more witnesses the better." He turned to Ava, and said,"I was thinking of trying to find a basement entrance. The secret bases are always in the basements, so that's likely the best place to find proof." He started for the door, pulling out his flashlight with one hand, and eating a couple more chips with the other.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:10 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hunter said,"I don't mind. The more witnesses the better." He turned to Ava, and said,"I was thinking of trying to find a basement entrance. The secret bases are always in the basements, so that's likely the best place to find proof." He started for the door, pulling out his flashlight with one hand, and eating a couple more chips with the other.

"Alright, let's go then," said Ava, happy to finally be off, and not questioning the suggestion of heading to the basement, which honestly, she probably should have. Basements are usually bad news, even in houses that aren't haunted.

Ava glanced at Kieran as she followed Hunter through the door. Something seemed vaguely familiar about him. Had they met before? That seemed unlikely, given that Ava was kind of new in town and didn't go out much. But something about him gave him weird vibes... she'd work on figuring that out. For now, it was time to explore. She grabbed a couple more pringles to snack on as they started heading out of the room to look for the basement.
rəswɛsən

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:37 am

The Gallery

Victoria didn't want to near the covered painting, even though she hasn't seen it, but she already had enough of Scott's morbid art. "You saying this painting is supposed to be a half a million dollars? Let me see it." Victoria asked Mort, where he helped her uncover the painting once again. It stood in it's glory. Though Victoria had a trick up her sleeve. Which was more of a coded fuck you to Scott. Leaning to the painting, Victoria immediately spat at it, leaving a small circle of spit on the work of art. Mort was horrified that Victoria was willing to damage the art of Carballal. All that remains of Victoria's critique of the art was a discoloration on the red painting of the painting.

"I hope that Scott understands what I mean by leaving that on this mess." Victoria said, giving a bit of a snide smile. She knew Scott will be pissed, but she didn't care.

The Current Mansion

Exploring the ground floor of the mansion for a basement was an interesting sight, even though there didn't appear to be one. However, there was some rooms that the group hasn't discovered before. Among the tiled hallways and past the breakfast nook and kitchen, several doors were visible. One door covered in a stained glass design of flowers and music notes led to a small room, however the room contained several expensive-looking instruments. A dark grand piano was in one corner of the room, a beautiful harp, some tribal-looking drums, and among some other small instruments.

The other door led to a large and tall room stacked to the brim with bookcases. An old wooden ladder with some brass wheels was at the bookcases, where it could be moved to obtain some books. Both a music room and a library. However, there didn't seem to be any sign of a basement. Perhaps the basement is in the old manor across the way from the new mansion? But what was most strange was that Spencer and Julia were nowhere to be seen.

The Old Mansion

"Hey Scott," she said to him. "Bible boy came in here without your permission. He needs to be shown who's in charge. This is your house, he broke in. He's a snot. He wasn't invited. What do you say we find him and give him a bit of a scare? Teach him a lesson or two?"

"You mean beat him up?" Rachel asked.

"Well... we COULD but..." Mary-Anne said non-comittedly.

"Oh, I make sure that he gets a scare." Scott said, where he looked at the knife in his hands. "I just gotta find that rat, first." The trio stood in the hallway, where Scott started to notice dust was dropping from the ceiling above them. Noises of creaking and..was that crying? Both noises were coming from upstairs. "Got you, fucker.." Scott said, where he let go of Mary-Anne hand. "You two stay here. I'm going to find Patrick. I'm making sure he's get a good scare." Scott said, as he continued down the hallway. Any attempts by Mary-Anne were immediately rebuffed, often harshly. The overall toll this can lead her on her attempts to woo Scott weren't so good.

Scott vanished from their sight for several minutes or more, until the two girls heard the footsteps above them. It had to be Scott upstairs now, right? Dust was still falling from the ceiling, as someone above walked on the upstairs hallway. Then the sounds upstairs stopped.. Was Scott actually upstairs?

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:54 pm

The Gallery

Victoria didn't want to near the covered painting, even though she hasn't seen it, but she already had enough of Scott's morbid art. "You saying this painting is supposed to be a half a million dollars? Let me see it." Victoria asked Mort, where he helped her uncover the painting once again. It stood in it's glory. Though Victoria had a trick up her sleeve. Which was more of a coded fuck you to Scott. Leaning to the painting, Victoria immediately spat at it, leaving a small circle of spit on the work of art. Mort was horrified that Victoria was willing to damage the art of Carballal. All that remains of Victoria's critique of the art was a discoloration on the red painting of the painting.

"I hope that Scott understands what I mean by leaving that on this mess." Victoria said, giving a bit of a snide smile. She knew Scott will be pissed, but she didn't care.

Mort Winters

“WHAT?!” Mort screamed out at the top of his voice. “What did you DO? WHAT DID YOU FUCKING DO?!!!”

He pushed her to the side somewhat roughly; he rushed up to the painting, his eyes flashing with desperate concern, he used a part of his sleeve to try and contain the damage. He did so in a hesitant and cautious fashion.

He had no experience and he wasn’t sure if he was making things better or WORSE for the masterpiece.

Oh my God no…

“What… what have you done?!” he cried out hysterically. “What have you done? You… you’re crazy. I can’t believe you did this.”

The young teen seemed deeply traumatized by this action from Victoria. His eyes were glued on the painting as he continued to attend to it like an animal that had been hurt. He began to mumble to himself and it became increasingly incoherent…

Suddenly he cried out dramatically: "There will never be another painting like this again! ... THIS IS A CRIME!"

The Current Mansion

Exploring the ground floor of the mansion for a basement was an interesting sight, even though there didn't appear to be one. However, there was some rooms that the group hasn't discovered before. Among the tiled hallways and past the breakfast nook and kitchen, several doors were visible. One door covered in a stained glass design of flowers and music notes led to a small room, however the room contained several expensive-looking instruments. A dark grand piano was in one corner of the room, a beautiful harp, some tribal-looking drums, and among some other small instruments.

The other door led to a large and tall room stacked to the brim with bookcases. An old wooden ladder with some brass wheels was at the bookcases, where it could be moved to obtain some books. Both a music room and a library. However, there didn't seem to be any sign of a basement. Perhaps the basement is in the old manor across the way from the new mansion? But what was most strange was that Spencer and Julia were nowhere to be seen.

Stansfield Lee

Stansfield was still having a drink when he heard and saw Ava and her group leave to explore the house.

Not a bad group… I think I’ll join up. It looks like everyone is leaving.

“I’ll come as well,” the student council teen said. “I’ll help keep an eye out on things."

It shouldn’t be too bad. All the bad apples are gone. I might even learn something new about the history or current state of this house, something to take away for self-improvement.

Taking a final swig of the punch, he stood up and joined.

Stansfield walked with the exploration party which now consisted of himself, Ava, Hunter, Kierran, and Clarissa.

I wonder where everyone else went. I recall something about Spencer going to look for Patrick…

Stansfield grew increasingly interested in the house.

“This is definitely something you don’t see every day,” he remarked when he entered the room full of instruments. “Does anyone play any music?”

However, it was the library in the other room that really caught his interest.

Wow this library… its massive! It completely trumps the school library.

He was abundantly curious about the types of books that might be on the shelves; he observed the exposed titles carefully with his stern eyes. Stansfield silently wandered throughout the shelves and began to take a few books off to see what he could find.

Stansfield enjoyed reading. It was one of his favorite hobbies, besides exercising. He liked to do activities he considered to be highly productive. A good book will always teach you something.

The Old Mansion

"Oh, I make sure that he gets a scare." Scott said, where he looked at the knife in his hands. "I just gotta find that rat, first." The trio stood in the hallway, where Scott started to notice dust was dropping from the ceiling above them. Noises of creaking and..was that crying? Both noises were coming from upstairs. "Got you, fucker.." Scott said, where he let go of Mary-Anne hand. "You two stay here. I'm going to find Patrick. I'm making sure he's get a good scare." Scott said, as he continued down the hallway. Any attempts by Mary-Anne were immediately rebuffed, often harshly. The overall toll this can lead her on her attempts to woo Scott weren't so good.

Scott vanished from their sight for several minutes or more, until the two girls heard the footsteps above them. It had to be Scott upstairs now, right? Dust was still falling from the ceiling, as someone above walked on the upstairs hallway. Then the sounds upstairs stopped.. Was Scott actually upstairs?

Mary-Anne Paris

She was happy but her happiness was short-lived.

OH NO! He’s rebuffing me!

She was hurt that Scott wouldn’t let her follow. Before she could do anything, he was gone and out of sight.

Oh my God… BOYS…

This was a lot more difficult than she had expected.

Mary-Anne tried to run forward but Rachel grabbed her firmly.

“Mary-Anne,” Rachel said. “I think it’s best to wait like he said because-“

The high school queen was not pleased. “So now YOU’RE the expert?!”

She yanked her arm away from Rachel aggressively. However, she seemed to take the advice because she stood still and waited anxiously for a few minutes.

“What’s taking so long?” she asked out loud.

“Hey err Mary-Anne, I think we should just leave and-“

“HELL NO!”

Suddenly, there were footsteps from above followed by some dust falling down.

It’s Scott! He got the Bible boy!

Excited and not wanting to miss the glorious moment, Mary-Anne rushed forward in the direction Scott had left, a wide grin on her face.

“Hey WAIT UP!” Rachel shouted. She didn’t like where this was going at all.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:02 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Red Bedroom

For the bedroom that Amon Day was in, there didn't seem to be any sign of secret buttons, compartments, nor passages. The only thing this bedroom had were the signs of comfort, as it was intended. Though the atmosphere was still of unease. The presence in the mansion was due to the common legends said to have happened at the estate, but it was starting to get eerie. Especially, since Amon was alone and-

Creak....

What was that?

Creak...

The closet door in the red bedroom had slowly opened by itself by some unknown force. Inside of the closet was nothing. Just an empty wooden closet. Anything inside? No. Feeling or pushing for any secrets inside didn't help also. It was probably just Day's imagination? Or did a drift carry into the room? But there isn't any windows inside of the bedroom?

Theme

Amon Day
Red Door Room

What the hell...

Was the thought that came into the paranoid labyrinth that was the mind of the the man named Amon or Mr. Day if one wished to be formal. Always a man bound in the deep grip of cynicism and fear and the aforementioned paranoia with a healthy mix of superstition and suspicion added in meant when things got weird Amon wasn't a happy camper. In most cases he was the very opposite to be quite honest even without it. But even still.

First comes Suspicion.

Someone here already, or is it simply a crappy screw?

Dropping his things upon the bed with the exception of his bat Amon makes his way on over to the suspicious closet expecting and readying for the potential of something that may or may not be there. When he reaches the closet he slowly paws at the closet door trying to discern anything wrong with the door. Could it be a mechnism or perchance it be a secret passage to another place. Or is something even more sinister. Amon wasn't a religious man but within his mind and heart there lay a file of sorts. Whenever encountered with strange, unfamiliar, and unexplained phenomena he would always make sure to make a note of such and more or less try not to mess with it at that point. Was he a complete believer in the unseen world and unnatural phenomenon? Not exactly. In his eyes when it came to such whether true or not, scientific or fantasy, there were things in this world you just didn't fuck with. For the most part anyways. But sometimes there came a calling to do the exact opposite. His desire to sleep and lack of interest in exploring this potential nightmare zone atleast at night meant well...

Next Comes Anger.

If someone is in there I'm going to fuck them up, if something is in there i'm going to break it.

With his bat ready and pulling the closet door open and keeping it lodged in place with a handy book doubling as a door stop and making sure to close the Red Room's door so as to prevent others from hearing the commotion he readied himself. Taking a breath he began swing like a fiend, albeit a well coordinated and concentrated one, focusing in on the 3 bare walls that comprised this 'closet'. At the minimum he would uncover something. Whether it be the sound of a hollow wall or the opining of a door or even the destruction of a potential device whatever the case he intended to do damage putting holes in the damn wall. If inquisitiveness wouldn't find answers then brute force would. Amon being an individual a decent amount of shape and with a good degree of physicality he would be able to keep this going for a bit. Did he sorry about ole scotty being mad about his wall having holes in it? No. Should thought about inviting an asshole like Amon over. After a good solid mad minute Amon stood down and observed his work.
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:30 am

Red Bedroom

To give Amon some credit, he might have been best of an artist as Carballal. His own "work" was the destruction of the interior of the closet. With the bat that he used, he had smashed dents and holes inside. There didn't seem to be anything inside. There was a nasty large hole at the back of the closet, however. But no sign of anyone inside. Amon's fit of rage seemed to be caused by simple paranoia. His destruction wasn't noticed, as the group who were still downstairs were exploring the rest of the mansion.

Gallery

"Calm the hell down, Mort." Victoria could only simply say to Mort, as it looked like he was having a mental breakdown. "Uhhh.. Mort? It's just a painting. Scott probably has fakes or replicas on display. He could have kept the stuff in a storage room somewhere." Victoria put a hand on his shoulder, but it seemed like Mort was in a state of deep shock.

The Old Mansion

Mary Anne couldn't resist. Rather than wait for Scott, she rushed towards where he ran off. “Hey WAIT UP!” Rachel shouted, as she tried to go after Mary-Anne, however she stumbled on the floor, as she watched as Mary-Anne went down the hallway, looking for the stairs to meet up with Scott. Now all 3 of them were separated. Separated in a dark and abandoned mansion looking for the bible boy.

Rachel was now be herself on the first floor. This mansion was already huge enough to get lost in. Without Mary-Anne, she might as well be lost, unless she knows where the front door was. However, even if she managed to have Patrick's flashlight, she already had the presence that there was something in the mansion with her. Was it Patrick messing with her?

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:22 am

Rachel Coulter

Rachel looked around the hallway, as she tried to go down the direction that Mary-Anne started chasing after Scott. "Come on! Mary-Anne! Come back! Mary?!" Rachel was nervous. Mary-Anne didn't have a flashlight with her, as Rachel frantically looked around the hallway. There was no sound that she heard. The whole hallway seemed to be completely empty. It wasn't until Rachel heard the sounds of..

SCRAPPP
SCRAPPP
SCRAPPP

"Mary-Anne?! Patrick?! Scott?! This isn't funny!" Rachel turned her flashlight to the source of the scrapping, where she saw a door open ajar, as the sound of the sound was inside of the room. Rachel walked slowly to the door, as she pushed it open slightly. The room was completely dark, as she peered her flashlight into the room. The beam pierced through the darkness, as she said that it was actually stairs leading down into a basement. "Mary-Anne?! If you trying to scare me with Scott, I'm going to kick your ass!" Rachel started to head down the stairs, as she nearly tripped, as there was a loose steps in the wooden, but still sturdy steps.

Rachel went down the last step, as she felt her shoes becoming suddenly soaked. The whole basement floor was flooded with ankle-deep water. "My damn shoes.." Rachel complained, as she used her flashlight to look inside the basement. That was until she saw a slither of a white jacket. The type that she noticed Patrick wearing. "You asshole bible boy!" Rachel tried to focus her flashlight on him, but Patrick slipped into a corner, obstructing her view. Rachel started to follow him, as she rounded the corner to find herself in what seemed like a dead end. She used the flashlight beam to illuminate the dead end, where she saw him.

It was Patrick standing with his back to Rachel, as he stared at a corner of the dead end. "The fuck are you doing?" Rachel said, as her flashlight beam started to flicker. Was the batteries dying?

And then there was sudden darkness.

SPLASH

"Patrick?"

"Rachel.." she heard Patrick say to her, as she felt an ice cold touch on her palm, then the flashlight came back on..

In front of Rachel was NOT Patrick.

His whole body looked like a demented cartoon. Like a psychotic cartoon that came to life. His flesh felt like he was wet. Rachel saw his face. His face was terrifying. His mouth was expanded to the point, where the ends of his mouth were showing stripped flesh. His nose was gone, as it was just a hole where his nose was supposed to be. His hair looked like it was melting, as his eyes were out of his sockets. Patrick opened his mouth, as he revealed an assortment of teeth. Not just teeth. Actual bone that overgrew on his mouth, as a red thin sharp tongue emerged to wrap itself around Rachel's neck. The more he expanded his mouth, the more it looked like a monstrous flower was opening up it's petals.
Rachel didn't know how to process what was about to happen to her. She was probably too shocked to scream.

CRACK!

In a sickening chomp, Rachel's head was violently swallowed, where the creature posing as Patrick was having his slender arms force Rachel's body down, as he was using upward force to rip her head from her body. What resulted was a portion of her neck ended up still being attached to her head, as the creature started to feast. It's skin was dripping some sort of tan-colored substance from it's skin, like it was shedding the liquid into the water. Rachel was no more. In the estate was something far worst than what anyone has imagined.

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:48 am

Ava followed Stansfield into the library. The room with the seemingly random musical instruments had caught her attention more than the books had, but she wasn't going to go in there alone. The library looked like the sort of place that definitely had some revealing books, if you knew which ones to look at. But Ava didn't have any way of knowing which ones might be interesting, other than sheer intuition.

That was probably what it was then, when one book, noticeably larger than the others, with a red leather cover, caught her eye. It was way on the top shelf, so she had to roll the ladder over to get it. The brass wheels squealed excruciatingly as they began to turn; clearly no one else had used the ladder in a long time. But soon enough it was positioned just to the side of the book Ava had seen, and she began to climb it, carefully placing her white sneakers on each dust-coated rung. Being a bit shorter than most, she had to climb up an extra couple rungs to be able to reach out and grab the book. For a brief moment she thought she should have put the ladder closer and that she was about to lose her balance and tumble down, but she grabbed the book and pulled herself back upright. Holding the book in one hand, she carefully descended the ladder backwards, watching her feet, until she was back on the ground.

She then turned her attention to the book. Carefully holding it out away from herself, to avoid dirtying her clothes, she faced an unoccupied corner of the room and blew on the cover to get any dust off. The cover didn't have any words indicating what might be inside, other than an embossed symbol that seemed vaguely familiar, but which Ava didn't recognize. I wonder what this is, she mused out loud, as if she hadn't been wondering that the whole time. Cracking the book open, she looked inside to see what the book could possibly be.
rəswɛsən

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:57 am

Recuecn wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hunter said,"I don't mind. The more witnesses the better." He turned to Ava, and said,"I was thinking of trying to find a basement entrance. The secret bases are always in the basements, so that's likely the best place to find proof." He started for the door, pulling out his flashlight with one hand, and eating a couple more chips with the other.

"Alright, let's go then," said Ava, happy to finally be off, and not questioning the suggestion of heading to the basement, which honestly, she probably should have. Basements are usually bad news, even in houses that aren't haunted.

Ava glanced at Kieran as she followed Hunter through the door. Something seemed vaguely familiar about him. Had they met before? That seemed unlikely, given that Ava was kind of new in town and didn't go out much. But something about him gave him weird vibes... she'd work on figuring that out. For now, it was time to explore. She grabbed a couple more pringles to snack on as they started heading out of the room to look for the basement.

Hunter Kirby
Hunter Kirby glanced around, looking for a staircase that would lead him to the basement. He noticed Ava had wondered into the library. It seemed like he would be going at it alone. He spotted a likely looking hallway, and began walking down it, narrating into his mike as walked. He didn't need the flashlight yet, but he would have it just in case. It was a big Maglite, the kind often used by police, and could serve as a decent club due to it's size and all metal construction. He also had a knife tucked into his waistband, just in case.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:58 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Atkemri wrote:
Daylon Swartz

"Hmm, a conspiracy theorist I see, not very much unlike a niche manga I've been reading, but someone of your caliber may not be able to properly appreciate it. I do not believe I have seen anything suspicious though." Daylon looked at the Kirby guy and saw that he looked like he didn't absolutely abhor his existence like many of the others in the school did. Perhaps when he finally was acknowledged and given the respect and recognition he deserved Kirby would be spared from the humiliation of the popular he had planned. "Say, what does your name happen to be? I know it ends in a reference to the popular Nintendo character Kirby, but I am lost on the first name. My name is Daylon Swartz, the child of Steve and Mary Swartz." Daylon did a Japanese bow to Hunter and hoped he had not scared off his potential friend.

Hunter Kirby
Hunter said, "The name's Hunter. Not everything, including my last name, is a pop culture reference." He crouched down, and began tapping on the floor with his pencil, hoping to find some sort of switch. This Daylon guy was getting on his nerves a little bit. There was something off about him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Was he in on it, or was that just his paranoia playing up again? Hunter said,"I'm gonna head over to the dining room. Maybe I'll find something in there." With that, he began walking out of the gallery, and towards the dining room. He was kind of hungry, but he was hesitiant to eat the snacks in the dining room. They might have been doctored with something, so best to avoid it. At home, he and his two siblings made sure to filter their water, and only eat food they had prepared themselves, or came sealed. His older brother had practically raised Hunter and his sister after their parent's mysterious fatal car accident, and believed that you could never be too cautious.

Daylon Swartz

Daylon waved passively to Hunter as he walked away, he seemed nice enough, but for now, he had something very important that he needed to do. For his entire time, he was in high school the popular pricks of the school had tormented him directly pulling him into the pitiful state that he was in now (or at least Daylon liked to think they did). Moving out of the hall, Daylon walked into the dining room where he last remembered them to be. He would continue searching the house in this way until finding them as tonight, win or lose, he would finally stand up to those who had so tormented him in the past. Of course, if anyone were to stop and talk to him he would most likely stop and talk to them; Daylon wasn´t counting on this however.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:36 pm

As Ava opened the book, she was surprised to see in her peripheral vision that Hunter, rather than following her and Stansfield into the library, had continued on down the hallway. She'd assumed that he'd at least check out the library with them for a moment before moving on with his hunt, since they hadn't found anything promising yet in this part of the house--no stairs leading down or anything. To Ava, it was all sort of the same; one part of the house was as interesting as another. But she didn't want to get left behind when she'd started out following Hunter--'lost' maybe wasn't the right word, but being alone in this house didn't seem like a nice experience. And she wasn't quite sure what Stansfield was planning to do next. So Ava, still clutching the book in one hand, hurried out of the library and after Hunter.

"Hunter, wait!" she called, and she walked rapidly down the hall after him. He was still right there in front of her and she caught up quickly. "Geez," she said. "I didn't realize you were in such a hurry." Ava took a couple seconds to catch her breath. "Alright, where to then?"
rəswɛsən

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Atkemri wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hunter Kirby
Hunter said, "The name's Hunter. Not everything, including my last name, is a pop culture reference." He crouched down, and began tapping on the floor with his pencil, hoping to find some sort of switch. This Daylon guy was getting on his nerves a little bit. There was something off about him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Was he in on it, or was that just his paranoia playing up again? Hunter said,"I'm gonna head over to the dining room. Maybe I'll find something in there." With that, he began walking out of the gallery, and towards the dining room. He was kind of hungry, but he was hesitiant to eat the snacks in the dining room. They might have been doctored with something, so best to avoid it. At home, he and his two siblings made sure to filter their water, and only eat food they had prepared themselves, or came sealed. His older brother had practically raised Hunter and his sister after their parent's mysterious fatal car accident, and believed that you could never be too cautious.

Daylon Swartz

Daylon waved passively to Hunter as he walked away, he seemed nice enough, but for now, he had something very important that he needed to do. For his entire time, he was in high school the popular pricks of the school had tormented him directly pulling him into the pitiful state that he was in now (or at least Daylon liked to think they did). Moving out of the hall, Daylon walked into the dining room where he last remembered them to be. He would continue searching the house in this way until finding them as tonight, win or lose, he would finally stand up to those who had so tormented him in the past. Of course, if anyone were to stop and talk to him he would most likely stop and talk to them; Daylon wasn´t counting on this however.

Daylon wandered around the mansion for some time. It was impossible to tell for how long, it was so easy to get lost. Finally, he found his way back to the Dining Hall.

For some reason, the people were gone from the Dining Hall, although plenty of food was left. Some bags were in the corner.

Daylon wasn't sure where Scott and the others had gone. There was no one.

He walked around some more. He found himself in a small breakfast nook near the kitchen. Two doors with glass panels overlooking the outside weren't closed properly. The wind was blowing the doors around a little bit, making an eerie cracking noise as the doors swung against the frames several times.

People had been here before?

If Daylon looked outside, he could see that there was a marsh/swamp surrounded by a forest. The sky was turning grey and there was a touch of rain. From the door, it was possible to see the second mansion in the distance... a massive, old, towering mansion stood there (IT WAS THE SECOND MANSION!). It stood out ominously from across a red footbridge, at the end of a long and dirty path going through the forests and marsh. The house was bigger, and in some ways, more terrifying-looking than the mansion they were already in.

Daylon looked down at the dirt... the rain had impacted the dirt and it had created a clear effect: there were many sets of footprints leading out from the door... past the path ahead and perhaps into the second mansion ahead.

Some of the teenagers had gone in. However, it was also possible that other teens were still inside the house he was already in. Which way would he go?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:57 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hunter Kirby glanced around, looking for a staircase that would lead him to the basement. He noticed Ava had wondered into the library. It seemed like he would be going at it alone. He spotted a likely looking hallway, and began walking down it, narrating into his mike as walked. He didn't need the flashlight yet, but he would have it just in case. It was a big Maglite, the kind often used by police, and could serve as a decent club due to it's size and all metal construction. He also had a knife tucked into his waistband, just in case.

Recuecn wrote:As Ava opened the book, she was surprised to see in her peripheral vision that Hunter, rather than following her and Stansfield into the library, had continued on down the hallway. She'd assumed that he'd at least check out the library with them for a moment before moving on with his hunt, since they hadn't found anything promising yet in this part of the house--no stairs leading down or anything. To Ava, it was all sort of the same; one part of the house was as interesting as another. But she didn't want to get left behind when she'd started out following Hunter--'lost' maybe wasn't the right word, but being alone in this house didn't seem like a nice experience. And she wasn't quite sure what Stansfield was planning to do next. So Ava, still clutching the book in one hand, hurried out of the library and after Hunter.

"Hunter, wait!" she called, and she walked rapidly down the hall after him. He was still right there in front of her and she caught up quickly. "Geez," she said. "I didn't realize you were in such a hurry." Ava took a couple seconds to catch her breath. "Alright, where to then?"

The Current Mansion

Ava joined Hunter to continue to search for the basement.

Ava and Hunter explored the nearby rooms. They walked past the room with the musical instruments and found themselves in a small lounge.

There were a large table and several comfy looking chairs; the choice of color for the chairs was blood-red. A large, somewhat depressing oil painting of a decaying steel ship set against the sunset hung against one wall.

There was also a desk in the background with a marble bust of someone’s face (the expression was neutral, however, the face was extremely detailed and realistic)… the bust looked slightly crooked, as if it was misaligned.

Who could it be?

A voice spoke up from behind them, giving them a big startle.

“That’s Paris Carballal!” Stansfield declared from behind them.

He had apparently crept up on the two of them.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Stansfield said. “I noticed you guys leaving so I followed. Anyways, I did my homework before coming here, there were photos of him online. That’s definitely him.”

He walked over the bust. “My goodness… this thing is detailed. So he knows how to paint AND work sculptures. Wow…”

The Old Mansion

Mary-Anne Paris

Mary-Anne had chased after Scott without hesitation, going so fast that he left Rachel Coulter far behind, not that she noticed.

Soon, Mary-Anne regretted her headfirst rush into the darkness. The new area she was in was quite dark; there was no source of light. Then she heard the sounds… CREAKING NOISES around her.

Was something else here?

Her blood froze and her heart rate rose as she fumbled forward in nearly total darkness. The red-haired teenager reached forward with her pale hands to test the territory in front.

“S…Scott?” she called out, her voice slightly panicked. “Scott?”

Then touched something. A wall? No. It was the wooden railings for a stairway. The stairs led upstairs.

Okay maybe that’s where they went.

Figuring out her way in the dark, she began to climb the stairs when suddenly…

FLICK!

A small flame illuminated from the top of the stairs, creating light. Scott’s face was revealed; he was standing at the very top, the orange flames cast an eerie light across his facial features; he was still holding a knife.

At once Mary-Anne felt relief.

“SCOTT!” she cried out jovially and trying to mask her previous terror. “My precious! You’re… you’re back!”

Scott didn’t look too happy. “I didn’t find him. He’s not upstairs. He’s playing with me. But when I get him…”

Mary-Anne sensed opportunity so she walked up to him and said:

“Scott, don’t worry about him! It’s his fault for heading in here. Come now, let’s find go and we can try to discuss-“

She was about to finish the sentence with “treasures” but then she remembered…

He must not think I’m a gold digger!

“-YOUR PAINTINGS. I love them,” she said insincerely. “Can you take me to them? Can you show me the basement?”

“I made sure it’s well hidden,” Scott said. “You know Carballal had a secret crawlspace that he used as a secret passage. None of the morons back at the mansion would know about it. Come on…”

Scott led the way. Mary-Anne very eagerly gripped his shoulder, not seeming concerned at all that Scott still had a knife in one hand.

As they walked together, Mary-Anne turned around to talk to Rachel:

“So Rachel now that-“

Rachel wasn’t there. She didn’t keep up. Furthermore, there was a dead end right behind her… a wall somehow.

Wait… how? We just walked down this hallway minutes ago. H… how?

Maybe I’m just confused by the dark…

Still, it deeply unsettled Mary-Anne. Something wasn’t right.

"Rachel?" Mary-Anne shouted again, this time she listened for a response.

Nothing.

"Where is she? She was right next to me?"

"Come on, it looks like the exit is down here. I think she might have gone outside." Scott said, as he started to head down a hallway.

As Scott and Mary-Anne went down the hallway together, the same footsteps were heard from above them.

Mary-Anne tensed up considerably. She wanted to leave now but she was SO CLOSE to Scott now. If she left, the gains she had made could dissappear. Still, she didn’t like those footsteps. It was just the Bible boy… RIGHT?

"Hey Patrick! We're leaving you behind! Good luck waiting until sunrise!" Scott yelled at the sound of the footsteps.

Suddenly, both of them heard a PAINED MOAN from another room near them.

What the hell is that????

"The fuck?" Scott said, as he heard a moan that sounded like it was from one of the rooms.

"Scott,” Mary-Anne said, tugging at him, “I… I think we should just go.."

"No, something's up." Scott said firmly, as he heard it coming from somewhere in another hallway. Scott walked around to try and locate the source… somehow, he stepped unto a puddle of blood. The blood was leaking out from a hole in the wall!

“S… Scott?!” a white-faced Mary-Anne cried out, she could see the blood.

Scott ignored her. He pushed her away and said: "Hang on! It's coming from this room!"

Scott put the lighter out so he could open the door.

“S… Scott dear?” Mary-Anne said, her voice unusually high.

Scott opened the door, and stepped in, knife in hand; somehow balancing the lighter. As he peered around in the darkness…

ANOTHER PAINFUL MOAN!

Flick!

The lighter was back on in Scott’s hand; Mary-Anne stood not far behind.

What both of them say was....gruesome.

The walls were covered in blood and flesh. Miscellaneous skinned body parts and bones were stuck in the walls as if the whole room was made out of flesh. Maybe the room actually was a monster?!..

Mary-Anne opened her mouth in horror, as she saw what was inside. She was about to scream, until a speck of blood dropped from the ceiling onto Scott's face. Both of them looked up to see a human face carved in the ceiling of the room, made out of flesh. Both of it's eyes were still attached to a cracked and fragmented skull, as the mouth of it opened to let out another moan. It wasn't until Mary-Anne saw something hanging from the ceiling near the skull that she realized the true horror of it all: a necklace, shaped like a cross.

It belonged to Patrick…Or rather… what IS CURRENTLY PATRICK!

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!”

Mary-Anne couldn't resist. She immediately screamed and tried to run out of the place. She didn't get very far outside because Scott grabbed her very firmly, he pressed the knife rather closely to her face.

"Shut up! SHUT UP, YOU LOUD COW!" Scott suddenly said coldly; he was somehow showing absolutely no emotion in response to what he saw.

Mary-Anne pleaded: "Scott! Please! This is serious! I know what I saw!"

Scott was unsympathetic: "And do what?! Cry and whine to your whore wannabe rich parents about this?! Patrick wasn't supposed to be here! If this didn't happen, he wouldn't have died!"

What… what does he mean?

"HE'S NOT DEAD! “ she screamed hysterically. “THAT… THAT WAS HIM STILL ALIVE!"

"I'm going to start slicing into those vocal cords of yours, if you don't shut up, you vemon-filled cu- AGH!"

Mary-Anne delivered a kick into Scott's crotch, as she immediately started to run away from Scott.

I’m getting the fuck out of here! Something is wrong! Something is SO VERY WRONG!

She couldn’t even describe what Patrick had become! And how could Scott be so calm about it?!!!

Eventually, she managed to recognize a large room as the foyer of the Old Mansion. She saw the double doors; she scrambled to open the doors.
Scott somehow managed to follow her from behind, but he wasn’t running. He called out:

"Mary-Anne! C'mon! Don't you want your precious Rachel?! She's still in here, you know!"

YOU CREEP!

Mary-Anne managed to get the doors open, as she ran out of the house. She needed to get back to the other mansion. Scott was about to reach her, but suddenly, as he was about to cross the footbridge, the planks below him suddenly broke. Scott's lower body went through the bridge, as he was left hanging and stuck in between the planks.

"Mary-Anne! I'm stuck! Get me out of here!" Scott said, as he dropped his knife, where it slided a couple of inches away from his reach.

He dropped his lighter through the planks below the bridge, as he was struggling to get out of the position he was in, as the rain piled onto him.

"Mary-Anne! MARY-ANNE!"

Mary-Anne was on a sort of terrified autopilot. She didn't turn around; she didn't help. She was all survival now. She just... kept running and running, past the bridge and beyond... her heart racing so fast it might explode.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:32 am

Hunter Kirby
Hunter looked at the art, and said aloud,"It'd be easy to hide a mike or camera pickup in that bust. I think it's watching me." He inspected from different angles, trying to find something. He continued,"Maybe it's some sort of switch for a secret passage or a secret compartment. Naw, a painting or book is more likely." He began tapping a nearby wall, searching for something. One spot, about two feet square, sounded oddly hollow. He said,"Ava, I might've found something. Help me look for a button or a switch or something."
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:05 am

Daylon Swartz

Daylon was intrigued by the footprints leading to what seemed to be a second mansion. Why hadn't anyone mentioned it? Why wasn't it apart of the challenge? And why were did those popular degenerates go there? He didn't know if they did, but who else would find such a place and keep it to themselves? He now understood what had happened... While the "plebians" stayed in the first mansion doing the challenge; the popular kids had probably planned to use the second mansion to drink and party. Yes, he could imagine the type of debauchery occurring inside that mansion and he hated that he wasn't apart of it. That whore Mary-Anne was probably snorting coke off that jerks Scott's chest; with a huff and the type of unearned righteousness only found in a proto-incel he began to march to the second mansion ready to give those jocks the verbal put-down of a lifetime.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 am

Clarissa

Kieran and Clarissa had followed the others, not really taking an interest in the rows of books or musical instruments. It wasn't after all a ghost, and Clarissa's bottles (which she knew could hold a ghost captive) were waiting...not for a book, but for the undead. She watched as Hunter began to examine the walls, clearly looking for some sort of evidence that the government was using this place for...something, Clarissa didn't really know what it was he had in mind. Conspiracy theorists had a few screws lose in her opinion.
"There is nothing of the mystical about that area of wall," she declared, walking silently up behind Hunter. "I would try behind the painting. Nobody would hang such an unpleasant scene up to admire it surely?"
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:35 am

Atkemri wrote:
Daylon Swartz

Daylon was intrigued by the footprints leading to what seemed to be a second mansion. Why hadn't anyone mentioned it? Why wasn't it apart of the challenge? And why were did those popular degenerates go there? He didn't know if they did, but who else would find such a place and keep it to themselves? He now understood what had happened... While the "plebians" stayed in the first mansion doing the challenge; the popular kids had probably planned to use the second mansion to drink and party. Yes, he could imagine the type of debauchery occurring inside that mansion and he hated that he wasn't apart of it. That whore Mary-Anne was probably snorting coke off that jerks Scott's chest; with a huff and the type of unearned righteousness only found in a proto-incel he began to march to the second mansion ready to give those jocks the verbal put-down of a lifetime.

The Marsh

Mary-Anne Paris

Mary-Anne kept running and running and running. The rain had picked up slightly by now, the water splashed against Mary-Anne's face... but she paid it no attention. She was solely focused on putting as much distance between herself and that god-awful house. She had been running so fast she only vaguely recalled Scott calling out from behind... her mind had literally blocked out the cries for help.

She was all the way over the red bridge now and was sprinting along the dirty path back to the other house. However, soon, she was out of breath. She stopped by the marsh and the forest, putting a good distance between herself and the Old Mansion.

Why ME? WHY ME?!!

She leaned over against a tall oak and rested to catch her breath. She had so over-exerted herself in the run that her legs felt like jelly and she felt slightly nauseous. Her head was spinning. She felt horrendously nauseated, what she saw made her sick with terror.

Wh... what the hell just happened?! What was that... that THING?!

She turned... and saw a figure in black standing.

"YIAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" she screamed out, completely startled; she leapt a few meters back.

However, it was only Daylon Schwartz.

Who else would dress so ridiculously? And completely in black with... SUNGLASSES?

"You... you... you scared the hell out of me," she managed, still trying to catch her breath. "I... I saw... I saw something and... and... I don't..."

She was completely incoherent. In fact, her thoughts were pretty confused at this point.

The flashback came briefly... the moans of pain, the mask of flesh in the ceiling, Patrick's cross, a puddle of blood...

"I don't know what I saw," she said. "I.... I...."

She paused as she realised she was going to run out of breath. She held a hand out, indicating for him to wait for her to catch her breath.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse