NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Station - Character RP - ALWAYS OPEN (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlemagna
Lobbyist

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlemagna » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:46 pm

Alba Joostal

“So if this is the only way to make life easier for you, you can at least meet me half way?”

Nat finally pulled her feet off the table, and Alba considered the offer as Nat’s hand floated expectantly in the space between them.

50-50 seemed a raw deal for doing the vast majority of the work - especially if you considered it was basically akin to rent. But Alba was forced to acknowledge she had no idea what she was doing, and, since there was zero competition, she had no choice to approach anyone else. With that in mind, perhaps she should even be grateful for a 50-50 split.

“Yeah, okay,” Alba said, reaching across the table to shake Nat’s hand firmly. “I can work with that.”

She was going to have to work with it - more to the point, where was she actually going to get the funding from? Alba started to feel anxious about the matter. Maybe the Fuzzy Tauntauns were starting to wear off, but it suddenly seemed that she’d blundered into a rather large undertaking. No going back now though.

A newcomer approached the booth, and spoke softly to Nat.

"I should probably get going. I’ve got a spa to plan...” Alba said, rising to her feet and shuffling round the table. “It was nice to meet you, Nat,” Alba added as she stepped away. “And thank you for - you know – speaking with me.” She smiled awkwardly, nodded politely to the newcomer (whilst briefly considering whether they looked like the sort to be interested in spa relaxation), and hoped Nat didn’t think she was a complete idiot.

Derika
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:58 am

Puertollano wrote:Gehena, Orondia

Derika wrote:Liehiry grabbed his pistol, but didn't aim at the droid. "Show me where he is."

"If you wish," Gehena replied. She too, kept a close hand on her E-5 Blaster and the B-2 Battle Droids walked cautiously behind the mercenary. She brought them inside the wreckage of the frigate, where the mechanic was welding some old tubing back together again. He took of his face protective mask and looked up to the mercenary. "This man here has arrived to take you - please assure him that you are working for us, now."

The mechanic obliged, put down his weld, dusted off his hands and stood up. "That is correct," he said to the unknown man. "The Super Tactical Droid is offering good compensation, some old Droideka parts, for my work here. You see, this CIS Frigate came crashing down and I was interested in scrapping all that I could from it. Until - I realized some inhabitants survived the crash - my fried Gehena here. It's better work here than it ever was on the collapsing station. I get better hours and I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me. A little sense of job security."

"Job security is what you'll get if you come back with me. The station is flourishing in business now, an I was sent to bring you back."
my evidence? trust me bro

Cheye
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Outside the Station

Greater Persian State wrote:Urchuln headed back to the security station to get paid and go to bed. He arrived at the station, leaning onto it.

The security station that guarded the landing pads was little more than a box bolted on to the main circular structure of the station itself.

A rotund Gamorrean with a name-tag that said ‘Officer Grak’ sat looking out with his arms folded.

He snorted something indiscernible as Urchuln approached and slid a small pile of credits towards the Mon Calamari for his payment. Next to the credits sat a datapad with the words; ‘Urchuln Vas - Mechanic’s Work Log’ marked clearly in aurebesh at the top of the screen. Beneath that was a list of jobs, filtered by importance, including the coolant repair request he had just attended to which for now was the only one marked ‘high priority’.

The Gamorrean grunted again and gestured for the Mon Calamari to take the datapad as well.

After that Officer Grak did not appear to offer anything else that might even remotely be construed as conversation. He simply grunted to himself and stared out over Urchuln's shoulder and across the landing pads that surrounded this side of the station.

Natalya Sadaar - The Cantina

Charlemagna wrote:“Yeah, okay,” Alba said, reaching across the table to shake Nat’s hand firmly. “I can work with that.”

She was going to have to work with it - more to the point, where was she actually going to get the funding from? Alba started to feel anxious about the matter. Maybe the Fuzzy Tauntauns were starting to wear off, but it suddenly seemed that she’d blundered into a rather large undertaking. No going back now though.

"I should probably get going. I’ve got a spa to plan...” Alba said, rising to her feet and shuffling round the table. “It was nice to meet you, Nat,” Alba added as she stepped away. “And thank you for - you know – speaking with me.” She smiled awkwardly, nodded politely to the newcomer (whilst briefly considering whether they looked like the sort to be interested in spa relaxation), and hoped Nat didn’t think she was a complete idiot.

Nat smiled at Alba as she shook her hand.

“It was nice to meet you too, partner.” Nat nodded. “I’ll check in with you soon to see how things are coming along. Make sure to me know if you require any assistance with your plans!” She made sure it came out as a statement rather than a question as the girl made her departure.

Nuxipal wrote:Nivea chose to walk over towards the table, but instead of outright interrupting the ongoing conversation, she instead said, "Excuse me Miss. When you are done here, can I have a word with you?" directed to the Pantoran.

She put on her best, 'I am an important person' voice that she learned to use from her Jedi Master. She didn't want to outright give away she was a force user, not unless it was required, but she did want to make sure that the Pantoran would not leave once her business with the human was complete.

Nat took a moment to herself and yawned, realising it was getting pretty late despite the fact that there was no natural light to tell her so. She decided she would shut up shop in the cantina for the night after she spoke to the newcomer who’s tone had already aroused her curiosity.

After a few seconds she turned to face the stranger and realised that it was the woman with the chalk-white skin who had caught her attention earlier.

“I’m all yours.” Nat flashed her a grin without rising from her seat. Instead she gestured with her blue hand for the stranger to take the booth-seat across from her that Alba had just vacated.

“You looking to set up a business here on my station too?” She asked casually, her voice filled with the confidence of someone who was used to both doing business and surviving it in the lowest depths of the Outer Rim.

Her amber eyes inspected this stranger carefully, trying to discern her profession from her appearance but coming up short. Instead she relaxed back in her seat and decided to wait for the mysterious woman to elaborate on why she had asked to talk with her...

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:35 pm

Gehena, Orondia

Derika wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Gehena, Orondia

"If you wish," Gehena replied. She too, kept a close hand on her E-5 Blaster and the B-2 Battle Droids walked cautiously behind the mercenary. She brought them inside the wreckage of the frigate, where the mechanic was welding some old tubing back together again. He took of his face protective mask and looked up to the mercenary. "This man here has arrived to take you - please assure him that you are working for us, now."

The mechanic obliged, put down his weld, dusted off his hands and stood up. "That is correct," he said to the unknown man. "The Super Tactical Droid is offering good compensation, some old Droideka parts, for my work here. You see, this CIS Frigate came crashing down and I was interested in scrapping all that I could from it. Until - I realized some inhabitants survived the crash - my fried Gehena here. It's better work here than it ever was on the collapsing station. I get better hours and I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me. A little sense of job security."

"Job security is what you'll get if you come back with me. The station is flourishing in business now, an I was sent to bring you back."

The mechanic looked at him a little skeptical, holding his arms together as he lent against the steel hull of the ship. "Y'know, I will go back. To avoid causing any trouble between you and the battle droids," the Besalik said, reaching down to gather his tools. "But I can't guarantee that I will stay. This Frigate needs more parts, and I need my other tools. I will return to the Station, but I can't say that I will stay."

Gehena nodded to the mechanic. "Should the mechanic leave, I will depart for the Station too." Gehena had now become more relaxed in the presence of the mercenary. "My persuasive sub-routines would be useful in the bartering of motivators and hyper-drive connection ports," she explained. Before the mechanic would take off in his speeder, Gehena inquired of something from the mercenary. "Could I, and a B-2 Droid, be passengers on your star ship? It would be appreciated if you could drop us off at the Station."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Derika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:56 pm

"Good thing this can be resolved without violence. About you and your droids, you can come. Just don't start any trouble on the station or my ship."
Liehiry responded as he started walking towards his old D-5 Mantis.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Gehena, Orondia

Derika wrote:"Good thing this can be resolved without violence. About you and your droids, you can come. Just don't start any trouble on the station or my ship."
Liehiry responded as he started walking towards his old D-5 Mantis.

Gehena and her B-2 Super Battle Droids boarded as the mechanic sped off on his speeder into the light. "We appreciate the transport," she said. As the ship took off, Gehena glanced back at the frigate as it grew smaller and smaller.

"Who paid you to secure the return of the mechanic?" Gehena inquired.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Derika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:24 pm

"The Security chief at the station. Without him, I would have to look for work somewhere in the core."

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Cheye wrote:

Charlemagna wrote:“Yeah, okay,” Alba said, reaching across the table to shake Nat’s hand firmly. “I can work with that.”

Nat smiled at Alba as she shook her hand.

“It was nice to meet you too, partner.” Nat nodded. “I’ll check in with you soon to see how things are coming along. Make sure to me know if you require any assistance with your plans!” She made sure it came out as a statement rather than a question as the girl made her departure.

Nuxipal wrote:Nivea chose to walk over towards the table, but instead of outright interrupting the ongoing conversation, she instead said, "Excuse me Miss. When you are done here, can I have a word with you?" directed to the Pantoran.

She put on her best, 'I am an important person' voice that she learned to use from her Jedi Master. She didn't want to outright give away she was a force user, not unless it was required, but she did want to make sure that the Pantoran would not leave once her business with the human was complete.

Nat took a moment to herself and yawned, realising it was getting pretty late despite the fact that there was no natural light to tell her so. She decided she would shut up shop in the cantina for the night after she spoke to the newcomer who’s tone had already aroused her curiosity.

After a few seconds she turned to face the stranger and realised that it was the woman with the chalk-white skin who had caught her attention earlier.

“I’m all yours.” Nat flashed her a grin without rising from her seat. Instead she gestured with her blue hand for the stranger to take the booth-seat across from her that Alba had just vacated.

“You looking to set up a business here on my station too?” She asked casually, her voice filled with the confidence of someone who was used to both doing business and surviving it in the lowest depths of the Outer Rim.

Her amber eyes inspected this stranger carefully, trying to discern her profession from her appearance but coming up short. Instead she relaxed back in her seat and decided to wait for the mysterious woman to elaborate on why she had asked to talk with her...

Nivea Atrix

Returned the nod to the stranger who had just spoken to the Pantoran. They seemed a nice enough sort. As she took the seat indicated by the Pantoran she smiled and said, "Not so much as set up business as to look for business. While my crew and I are just here to get a few jobs and get paid, I have reason to believe that you are more than you appear." She looked directly towards her when she said, "I am going to ask this just once. Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Jedi Order?" She made sure that there was no way the Pantoran could avoid the question. While she was not wanted by the Jedi, having one around always seemed to complicate potential jobs. Though, based on where this Pantoran was living, presumably, they probably were not a jedi. But a former Jedi or fallen Jedi was quite dangerous.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Orondia

"Officer Grak huh?" asked Urchuln leaning on the side of the box. Grak's grunts and snorts told Urchuln all he needed to know. "Alright, alright." Urchuln grabbed the credits and shoved them into pockets. His first pay, although in reality he had some credit reserves in the ship for his uh...real duties. But nobody needed to know that. Urchuln grated the data pad assigned to him and marked off the coolant repairs. Urchulm began to walk back to his ship to get some shut-eye. He was just boarding his ship when he saw a starship returning to the pad. By all the stars what now...
Last edited by Greater Persian State on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Gehena, Orondia

Derika wrote:"The Security chief at the station. Without him, I would have to look for work somewhere in the core."

"The Core Worlds are a hive of corruption and elitism," Gehena responded. "Only one can live a satisfying life there if they have the credits to do so, otherwise you are pinned to the ground under the boot of the Galactic Republic," the ship began to reach its destination. As the Mantis approached the Station, the Super Tactical Battle Droid tipped the mercenary a few credits, as a measure of good-will under her diplomatic protocols.

Gehena, and her entourage of B-2 Super Battle Droids stepped off from the starship. They looked very menacing, and incredibly out of place. There on the platform of the Station, Gehena identified a Mon Calamari, a species closely associated with the Galactic Republic. But it looked well-stocked and handy with a tool. Gehena trudged towards it, with the two droids in toe. "How much are you selling your ship for?" Gehena barked.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:50 am

The Surface of Orondia

Kidern Karak sped over the surface of Orondia, back towards the station he called home. Naturally the aged Besalisk had lost track of time while he had been out fixing up the crashed warship, he had been enjoying his work. Fortunately he had lived on Orondia for several years now, so even though the planet was caked in constant-darkness he was able to work out from the position of the stars that he had been gone for at least a week, probably longer…

If the mercenary was right about the power being back then it made sense that Chief Udamos had sent someone looking for him. He was always a worrier, Udamos, Kidern mused as he crossed a bumpy ridge and pressed on across a flat plain of rock that shone brightly against the dark sky above.

Kidern watched as the old ship carrying the mercenary and the droids raced overhead, it was obviously a lot faster and before long it had dipped over the distant horizon towards the station.

A few minutes later, his speeder suddenly let out a mechanical groan and smoke began to billow from the front engine.

As he scrambled to work out what was wrong, the speed his bike was travelling at funnelled the smoke plume straight back into his face, and although goggles protected his eyes from the worst of it, his nostrils were exposed to the smoke and he began to cough and splutter as he attempted to slow the bike down.

He narrowly avoided crashing into a particularly large boulder as his steering began to falter, and it took him gripping on to the control sticks tightly with all four arms before he was able to right the bike’s course and finally bring it to a stop.

“Karabast!” He barked irritably, before removing his goggles and slumping back in the seat.

Sighing, he checked the speeders diagnostic console. He was greeted by a long line of emergency lights and warning pips. It seemed something had caused the engines to overheat, which had melted away part of the speeder’s control line. That shouldn’t have happened, but another light indicated that the sensor that was supposed to monitor the engine’s volatile temperature had also been corroded.

He rose from the seat and moved to the front of the bike, which was still lightly smoking, in order to inspect, glad that he had years of mechanical experience to draw on for this.

He pulled his goggles back over his eyes and dropped down onto his hulking knees to take a look inside, wafting smoke away with one arm, and stroking his chin with another, while the other two held the bike’s frame close for him to inspect.

“Karabast…” He said again, and the arm that stroked his chin instead went to his brow to wipe away sweat.

It was the sheer volume of dust and the stones that had built up inside the speeder’s internal spaces that had caused him to exclaim. He had been so distracted working on the droid ship that he had forgotten to check the condition of the old speeder that he rarely used and which normally lived comfortably in his dust-free hangar bay at the station.

He was still a long way from the station, too far to walk in reasonable time, at least for a heavily-built Besalisk like him. Fortunately, he had some of the survival gear he had loaded the speeder with when he had set out, and he had his tools, so perhaps he could try and get things fixed. Maybe, when everyone realised he hadn’t made it back himself, they might come looking for him again…

If he was lucky…

And he hadn’t been lucky so far after all, here he was thinking he was such an expert at life on Orondia, he had forgotten the simple fact that on a planet like this one; dust gets everywhere.

Nuxipal wrote:As she took the seat indicated by the Pantoran she smiled and said, "Not so much as set up business as to look for business. While my crew and I are just here to get a few jobs and get paid, I have reason to believe that you are more than you appear." She looked directly towards her when she said, "I am going to ask this just once. Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Jedi Order?" She made sure that there was no way the Pantoran could avoid the question. While she was not wanted by the Jedi, having one around always seemed to complicate potential jobs. Though, based on where this Pantoran was living, presumably, they probably were not a jedi. But a former Jedi or fallen Jedi was quite dangerous.

Back at the station, Nat blinked repeatedly at the newcomer’s question. Her blue face was a mixture of confusion and concern. After a few silent seconds she laughed it off and replied casually, echoing the woman’s words as she asked; “Are you, or have you ever been, off your face on spice?!”

She laughed again to herself and reclined back in the booth seat as she added; “Listen lady, my finest achievement to date is winning this dump of a station in a backstreet sabacc game. Do you think that would be the case if I were ever a high and mighty Jedi Knight?”

Nat watched curiously for the strangers reaction, thinking to herself that it was a weird question to ask to a total stranger, suspicious in fact.

As she appeared to relax, below the table-line she instinctively rested her hand on the holster that was clipped to the top of her skirt, stroking the handle of her blaster and ready for any potential trouble this woman might cause her.

Outside

“Mantis, this is Station Control - Pleased to have you back so quick!” The faceless voice called out to Liehiry through his comm as the ship raced back towards the station.

Puertollano wrote:As the Mantis approached the Station, the Super Tactical Battle Droid tipped the mercenary a few credits, as a measure of good-will under her diplomatic protocols.

Gehena, and her entourage of B-2 Super Battle Droids stepped off from the starship. They looked very menacing, and incredibly out of place. There on the platform of the Station, Gehena identified a Mon Calamari, a species closely associated with the Galactic Republic. But it looked well-stocked and handy with a tool. Gehena trudged towards it, with the two droids in toe. "How much are you selling your ship for?" Gehena barked.

With the station on its night shift, there were few beings out on the pads to witness the arrival of Gehena or her battle droids once the Mantis had touched down.

One of the Gamorrean security officers had been patrolling right by the pad and he rushed over with his force-pike raised, snorting and snarling something ineligible into his comm as the battle droids appeared and begun trudging towards the adjacent platform. He followed them warily.

After a few more seconds, the towering Gigoran, Officer Aveff, emerged from the entrance to the station concourse and paced over towards the arrivals during which time the tactical droid had successfully made its way over to the next pad and had said something to the Mon Calamari who had just been about to board his ship.

Aveff instead paced up the boarding ramp of the Mantis to speak with Liehiry as the other Gamorrean appeared from the Secuirty Station with his force-pike and joined his brother in keeping an eye on the intimidating B-2s.

“Mercenary, you have returned. Did you find the mechanic?” The droid-like voice of the Aveff's vocorder box asked Liehiry, its tone conveying a strange robotic sense of excitement.

Derika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:08 am

"Of course. I never fail a job." Liehiry responded.
Last edited by Derika on Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:13 am

Cheye wrote:The Cantina

Nuxipal wrote:Upon entering, Nivea looked around and Gus went to distract himself knowing he'd be signaled if needed. Nivea scanned the room with her eyes, reaching out with the force as well. She looked for other force sensitives, which could give away a Jedi hiding here, as well as trying to find someone who needed a job. She approached the bar counter and said, "Could I get a drink please?"

A bronze-plated C1 astromech droid beeped cheerfully to the new customer, his short outline was almost concealed behind the bar, but he waved up in greeting with a mechanical pincer.

He then beeped questioningly as he gestured with the same pincer to the selection of bottles and metal pipes above the bar. They contained a wide variety of different beverages, both alcoholic and otherwise from hundreds of different worlds.

The droid appeared uncertain as to which of these many drinks he should pour for this Dathomiri newcomer…

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Dak looked at the Quarren, and said coolly,"Yeah, that's what he said. What's it to you?" He took a sip from his drink. He hoped that he could actually get a nice cargo out of this, and make a little more money. Jes placed her hand on the butt of her blaster pistol, under the table where it wouldn't be visible. She wasn't overly fond of Quarren, having had some bad experiences with them in the past.

At the far end of the cantina, the Quarren shifted, and spoke with his voice lowered to avoid attracting attention from any of the other customers.

“I’ve had a little disagreement with the captain of the freighter that brought me to this backwater.” He nodded over his shoulder to the Kubaz, who was somewhat better dressed than the humans around him. The group were preparing to leave the cantina after finishing their drinks, and only one of the humans even looked towards the Quarren, though they made no effort to say goodbye as they finally departed.

“He has chosen to renege on an agreement to transport myself and several crates worth of cargo to Kijimi. We encountered some… philosophical differences… and failed to talk them out over a drink here.”

The Quarren sighed and stroked his tentacles nervously as he glanced back and noticed the crew disappearing out of the door, the Kubaz’s shoulder cape fluttering as an Anomid passed him by coming into the cantina.

“Basically, I need passage to Kijimi with my cargo, or its stuck here, and well… I can’t afford it to be stuck here. Do you think you would be able to help? I will pay well.”

Natalya Sadaar

Charlemagna wrote:“Alba. Alba Joostal.” She said by way of introduction. “I work for Galaxica Travel Agency – their dedicated representative for this famed tourist hotspot. I expect you’ve walked past my stall in the concourse. Although, as I’m sure you’ve realised, this is quite possibly the worst posting any travel agent has ever received in the history of the galaxy.” Alba snorted derisively. “Frankly, I’m bored out of my mind, and I figured setting up a spa would give me something to do. That – and I’d really like to be in a spa myself, right now. I can design something, organise the admin side of things, source people to help build and staff it.”

Alba wasn’t actually sure she could, but she was enjoying a new Fuzzy Tauntaun-induced confidence, combined with the couldn’t-care-less attitude of one who’d already reached the deepest level of humiliation.

“Of course – I'd never do anything without running it by you...it’s your station!” Alba laughed, a slither of nervousness creeping in. “So I guess the question is... what do you want to do now?”

Back across the bar, Nat nodded thoughtfully as Alba spoke. It sounded to her as if she was offering to do all the hard work. That was good, but the involvement of Galaxica Travel Agency could be an issue...

“Your idea’s got a lot going for it, Alba Joostal.” She smiled reassuringly…“But is it really your idea or is it Galixica’s?” The smile vanished.

Nat took a moment to look around the cantina, although most of the patrons were now departing for the chrono-indicated night, a few latecomers had arrived, and something seemed different about two of them. Both the woman at the bar with the chalk-white skin and the Anomid who swaggered through the doorway caught her attention for a reason she couldn’t quite determine...

Shrugging off the sensation, she turned her attention back to Alba.

“Before this conversation goes any further, I want to know what cut I’m getting, what cut they’re getting and what cut you’re getting. Also, who is covering the renovation costs here? Because if it’s me and my business partners, my cut had better be bigger than anyone elses!”

The Pantoran’s tone was firm but she remained visibly relaxed and offered Alba another sweet smile as the girl considered.

Outside

Greater Persian State wrote:"Hey, the top lady over there said I got the job filling in for the mechanic. If you could just direct me to the proper location, I'd be thankful.

“Hello there.” Chief Udamos turned and nodded respectfully to the Mon Calamari who had approached from the direction of the station.

Sarrin wrote:Jokir raised a brow as the Mon Calamari interjected.

"Sounds like your mechanic problem fixed itself." He remarked walking into the Cantina past Udamos...

“Indeed…” The yellow skinned Nautolan nodded thoughtfully, his gaze suspiciously following the Anomid as he walked around the outer walkway from the landing pads and into the doorway to the station’s interior concourse.

When he was finally out of sight, Udamos turned back to the Mon Calamari; “Thank you for offering your assistance to Miss Sadaar. I am Chief Murr Udamos of Station Security.” He didn’t smile. “Please know that we are hopeful that Kidern Karak will be returning to us soon, so you will not be provided with a formal contract.”

The Nautolan’s voice was stern and his tone rigid, but to even the casual listener it was clear that was just the way he always was.

“Let me know what kind of experience you have and if you have any tools at your disposal and I will point you to the best place to get started?” He asked matter-of-factly, his tone betraying the fact that he was glad to have someone to fill in.

He went on; “The station came back online this morning and station control are already sitting on a backlog of simple maintenance requests from some of the freighter crews stopping over. If you think you can handle some of those tonight, that would be helpful?”

As the two aquatic aliens spoke, on one of the other landing pads across the station, an old D-5 Mantis Patrol Craft powered to life.

Derika wrote:"If it's the Separatists, then I'll be fine. Thank you." Liehiry responds. He enters his ship and takes off.

“Mantis; this is Orondia Station.” An unfamiliar voice crackled through his ship’s comm as Liehiry finished prepping the ship for takeoff.

“Officer Aveff advised control that we should keep in touch. Just to make sure we don’t lose you out there like we lost Karak.”

There was a crackle of static as he fired up the engines.

“Patch us into your personal comm frequency so we can keep in touch, just in case there’s anything up there we should be worried about?”

And the ship lurched into the ever-night sky...

Dak Stone
Dak said to the Quarren,"That's a possibility." He looked at his wife, who gave an uneasy nod of agreement. Dak continued "What's the cargo?" Dak always made sure he knew the cargo, because there were a handful of things he and his wife wouldn't haul, namely spice and slaves. They preferred to avoid illegal cargoes, due to not being smugglers. Although, Dak had no qualms about running guns if they really needed money. He knew Jes wouldn't be too happy about having a Quarren on board, but she was professional enough to deal with it. He took another sip of his whisky.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:02 pm

Cheye wrote:

Nuxipal wrote:As she took the seat indicated by the Pantoran she smiled and said, "Not so much as set up business as to look for business. While my crew and I are just here to get a few jobs and get paid, I have reason to believe that you are more than you appear." She looked directly towards her when she said, "I am going to ask this just once. Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Jedi Order?" She made sure that there was no way the Pantoran could avoid the question. While she was not wanted by the Jedi, having one around always seemed to complicate potential jobs. Though, based on where this Pantoran was living, presumably, they probably were not a jedi. But a former Jedi or fallen Jedi was quite dangerous.

Back at the station, Nat blinked repeatedly at the newcomer’s question. Her blue face was a mixture of confusion and concern. After a few silent seconds she laughed it off and replied casually, echoing the woman’s words as she asked; “Are you, or have you ever been, off your face on spice?!”

She laughed again to herself and reclined back in the booth seat as she added; “Listen lady, my finest achievement to date is winning this dump of a station in a backstreet sabacc game. Do you think that would be the case if I were ever a high and mighty Jedi Knight?”

Nat watched curiously for the strangers reaction, thinking to herself that it was a weird question to ask to a total stranger, suspicious in fact.

As she appeared to relax, below the table-line she instinctively rested her hand on the holster that was clipped to the top of her skirt, stroking the handle of her blaster and ready for any potential trouble this woman might cause her.

Nivea Atrix

Knew that this was the largest source of force potential on the station, besides herself, and if she wasn't a Jedi, then she must have been missed somehow. Getting a strange feeling as the woman relaxed Nivea put her own saber on the table, in plain view. "That's interesting that you won this station in a card game. The force would have given you an unfair advantage, even if you didn't know you were using it."

She then leaned forward and said in a more hushed tone. "My name is Nivea Atrix, formerly of the Jedi Order myself. Until a bit of misadventure on the part of my master. As I said before, I am here looking for work. I just would rather know who I'm dealing with before I deal with them. Of every other being in this cantina, you are one of the few beings that have any kind of force sensitivity here. And, if you are the owner of the station, you are exactly who I need to deal with. Now, are you in need of a group of mercenaries led by an ex-jedi or do you know of any CIS aligned groups on the station that would pay for mercenaries?"
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:55 pm

Orondia

Urchuln's heart skipped a beat as he literally stepped back to regain his bearings. A Super Tactical Droid had stepped out the starship with B2 battle droids. And...it was approaching him. Oh my god, here he thought he could get some sleep. The Droid's menacing voice caused beads of sweat to start to form on his head. Although he anticipated some intrigue, a CIS commander was not it.

"I'm not selling my ship. This is my ride, it's not going anywhere. Look, look I don't want to get mixed up in the stuff here." Urchuln and R4 finished the trip up the ramp. "I'm sure you can find all kinds of ships. Look, look I need some sleep."
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:12 pm

Gehena, Orondia

Greater Persian State wrote:Urchuln's heart skipped a beat as he literally stepped back to regain his bearings. A Super Tactical Droid had stepped out the starship with B2 battle droids. And...it was approaching him. Oh my god, here he thought he could get some sleep. The Droid's menacing voice caused beads of sweat to start to form on his head. Although he anticipated some intrigue, a CIS commander was not it.

"I'm not selling my ship. This is my ride, it's not going anywhere. Look, look I don't want to get mixed up in the stuff here." Urchuln and R4 finished the trip up the ramp. "I'm sure you can find all kinds of ships. Look, look I need some sleep."

Gehena paused, calculating her response. "Very well - as a living species you are required to sleep - however, I suggest you think it over. I am in need of parts that I could scrap from your ship, and once I use those to repair my own, your reward would be extremely handsome."

Seeming as though she would have no luck with the Mon Calamari, the Tactical Droid moved in towards the station cantina, keeping a close sensor of the Gamorreans watching them with suspicious glances. The cantina looked busy, but the towering build of Gehena and her B-2's would be almost unmissable. Gehena approached the bar counter and asked of the bartender: "I am looking for the proprietor of this establishment. Where can I find them?"
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:58 pm

Orondia

Urchuln stepped into his ship and frantically slammed the button on his wrist to close the ship, the ramp retracted and the door shut. As the door shut, the lights in the ship flickered on. Vas fell to the floor slightly, breathing in and out. Alright, a bit of a surprise, but he knew what to do. He walk-ran to the long range transmitter, he booted it up and began to type. With the strongest Republic encryption, he sent a message to the Republic listening post he'd been assigned to. They would in turn send it bouncing across different ships and posts to Coruscant or wherever Naval Intelligence was reading them, Urchuln didn't know. Where it was, it was quite a long way from here.

Code: Select all
Super Tactical Droid on site with battle droids STOP Cover secure do not abort or recover STOP Job secured as mechanic STOP Possible Separatist forces nearby STOP Guidance Requested STOP

He clicked another button as the message was sent. Urchuln breathed out, he took off most of his outer clothing and mechanical assistance on his wrist and slipped into the small bed on the ship.

"R4 wake up if there are any disturbances, and make sure I'm awake soon, I can't afford to not be around right now. "
Last edited by Greater Persian State on Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Sarrin
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrin » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:27 pm

Oronda Station, Main Floor

Jokir pointed to the sealed storefront. By all his calculations it was currently unoccupied which meant for him it would be an easy base of operations, especially while he figured out where to sell his prize ticket.

“CANTINA!” Razius said atop a dustbin pointing down the hallway with a stubbornness in his voice. The pair had spent some time creating a layout of the space in their shared neural network including several hideaways should things turn sour. For all his cybernetics however Razius remained a Kowakian monkey lizard and could only take so much work without pleasure.

Jokir tapped his wrist controller sending a jolt through Razius’s body causing the creature to shriek and fall into the bin. The Anomid then approached the empty door and began working on the console beside it. The tech was old and sloppy requiring little to give a full data layout of its prior occupant.

Mr Tesh Valor: Valor Trinkets and Tricks. Closed following the arrest of Mr. Valor for forging financial documents.

It wouldn’t take much to open up the storefront for use and from the looks of the station it needed someone like Jokir to set up a bounty office for his Hutt Contacts. Or at least that would be something while he planned his next move. He glanced over to the bin to see Razius crawl out and scratch his head with a scowl before looking longingly down the hall at the cantina. It knew well enough it was supposed to be a lookout and that more shocks would come otherwise so took its place atop the bin once more fixing its cybernetic eye onto the cantina entrance hoping to catch sight of the drinks on offer…

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:09 pm

Outside the Station - The Mantis

Derika wrote:"Of course. I never fail a job." Liehiry responded.

The Gigoran smiled at Liehiry’s confidence from behind his vocorder box, before turning to glance around the ship. A few seconds passed. Then Aveff turned back to Liehiry and his voice box rumbled; “...Err… If you don’t mind me asking... Where is he then?”

The Cantina

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Dak said to the Quarren,"That's a possibility." He looked at his wife, who gave an uneasy nod of agreement. Dak continued "What's the cargo?" Dak always made sure he knew the cargo, because there were a handful of things he and his wife wouldn't haul, namely spice and slaves. They preferred to avoid illegal cargoes, due to not being smugglers. Although, Dak had no qualms about running guns if they really needed money. He knew Jes wouldn't be too happy about having a Quarren on board, but she was professional enough to deal with it. He took another sip of his whisky.

The Quarren looked around shiftily before muttering back; “That is… sensitive… information....”

In turn he exchanged a look with both Dak and Jes before deciding to elaborate further.

“It is nothing that would be considered illegal in civilised parts I can assure you of that, but it is valuable and there are pirates in these reaches of Hutt Space who would love to separate me from it.” As he said that, he glanced over to the human mercenary who had arrived with the pale-skinned woman, but who now sat at a booth not too far from them.

He nodded to the two Corelians and muttered; “Perhaps I could show you instead?” He asked nervously, gesturing towards the door to the station’s concourse. “If you’d like to follow me?”

Natalya Sadaar

Nuxipal wrote:Knew that this was the largest source of force potential on the station, besides herself, and if she wasn't a Jedi, then she must have been missed somehow. Getting a strange feeling as the woman relaxed Nivea put her own saber on the table, in plain view. "That's interesting that you won this station in a card game. The force would have given you an unfair advantage, even if you didn't know you were using it."

She then leaned forward and said in a more hushed tone. "My name is Nivea Atrix, formerly of the Jedi Order myself. Until a bit of misadventure on the part of my master. As I said before, I am here looking for work. I just would rather know who I'm dealing with before I deal with them. Of every other being in this cantina, you are one of the few beings that have any kind of force sensitivity here. And, if you are the owner of the station, you are exactly who I need to deal with. Now, are you in need of a group of mercenaries led by an ex-jedi or do you know of any CIS aligned groups on the station that would pay for mercenaries?"

Across the cantina, Nat’s eyes widened for a moment at the mysterious woman’s comments on the force, and she listened intently, drawing herself up and leaning on her elbows on the table between them as Nivea introduced herself as a former Jedi.

There was a small silence when she finished speaking,and it looked as if Nat was mulling over her words carefully.

Finally the Pantoran smirked and scoffed audibly before replying; “Firstly lady, Nivea, I can assure you that it wasn’t some mystical energy field that gave me an unfair advantage, I’m pretty certain it was my Idiot’s Array that did that! I mean I’ve been gambling, and winning, since I was a child on Coruscant so I think someone would have noticed if I had special lucky powers...”

She shook her head, of all the things to happen today, she had not expected a former-Jedi to turn up accusing her of being magically gifted.

“Secondly.” She stated, carrying her voice with a slightly more professional tone this time; “Station Security are indeed keeping an eye out for mercenaries. If your crew are interested in signing on, you should speak to Security Chief Udamos, if there’s any work going, he’ll be the one to know.” She paused for a moment, deep in thought. “Given your particular skill set I imagine he’ll be keen to meet you, particularly if you plan on sticking around.” She eyed the chrono on the wall behind the bar, realising Udamos had probably turned in for the night. “If you’re interested, I am happy to set up a meeting for tomorrow?”

“Now thirdly, when it comes to CIS aligned groups… or any groups… on the station, you might have noticed that this place is still pretty quiet. See, we only got the fuel line up and running earlier today so the odds of you finding someone around with those kinds of connections-”

Puertollano wrote:Seeming as though she would have no luck with the Mon Calamari, the Tactical Droid moved in towards the station cantina, keeping a close sensor of the Gamorreans watching them with suspicious glances. The cantina looked busy, but the towering build of Gehena and her B-2's would be almost unmissable. Gehena approached the bar counter and asked of the bartender: "I am looking for the proprietor of this establishment. Where can I find them?"

“...Hold that thought....” Nat stated, more to herself than to Nivea as she turned her head towards the looming droid that had just entered, flanked by a pair of B2 Super Battle Droids as it approached her astromech at the bar.

Behind the bar, Static beeped nervously in response to the larger droid's question, clearly feeling intimidated, but to the droid’s credit he didn’t immediately cave and direct the trio of killing machines in Nat’s direction.

Behind the droids, a pair of Gamorreans entered snorting and snarling to themselves, their force-pikes held at the ready in case the droids caused any trouble. Nat recalled her earlier conversation with Chief Udamos about Officers Grish and Grak and let out a sigh, if left to their own devices they’d probably end up antagonising these new arrivals, and that was the last thing she needed at the end of her first day.

She had to intervene.

Rather than pull the same prank she had on Alba, which was an idea Nat toyed with just for a moment in case the droid was asking for the proprietor in order to identify her and attack, she instead decided to take that risk and cut straight to the chase with the droid. She reasoned that she might as well talk to it now while there was a former-Jedi around who seemed to like the CIS and could potentially diffuse any potential drama.

“Guess you’re looking for me, droid!” She called from the booth, putting on her classic Nar Shaddaa smile. One blue hand fell back beneath the table to rest on her holstered blaster, while the other combed through her hair casually; “I’m Nat Sadaar, I’m the new owner and proprietor of Orondia Station. Now tell me; why’s a droid like you asking for a girl like me in a place like this?”

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:50 pm

Gehena, Orondia

Cheye wrote:“...Hold that thought....” Nat stated, more to herself than to Nivea as she turned her head towards the looming droid that had just entered, flanked by a pair of B2 Super Battle Droids as it approached her astromech at the bar.

Behind the bar, Static beeped nervously in response to the larger droid's question, clearly feeling intimidated, but to the droid’s credit he didn’t immediately cave and direct the trio of killing machines in Nat’s direction.

Behind the droids, a pair of Gamorreans entered snorting and snarling to themselves, their force-pikes held at the ready in case the droids caused any trouble. Nat recalled her earlier conversation with Chief Udamos about Officers Grish and Grak and let out a sigh, if left to their own devices they’d probably end up antagonising these new arrivals, and that was the last thing she needed at the end of her first day.

She had to intervene.

Rather than pull the same prank she had on Alba, which was an idea Nat toyed with just for a moment in case the droid was asking for the proprietor in order to identify her and attack, she instead decided to take that risk and cut straight to the chase with the droid. She reasoned that she might as well talk to it now while there was a former-Jedi around who seemed to like the CIS and could potentially diffuse any potential drama.

“Guess you’re looking for me, droid!” She called from the booth, putting on her classic Nar Shaddaa smile. One blue hand fell back beneath the table to rest on her holstered blaster, while the other combed through her hair casually; “I’m Nat Sadaar, I’m the new owner and proprietor of Orondia Station. Now tell me; why’s a droid like you asking for a girl like me in a place like this?”

Gehena turned to the blue woman. At first, she was reluctant to believe that she was the owner of the Station. However, it was the Outer Rim, and anything was possible out there. Gehena trudged forwards, her B-2's in toe following behind. She analysed the others sitting in the booth, nothing to be too concerned about, yet. Her defensive protocols picked up the gun resting in the hand of the blue female, but Gehena decided not to think too much about it. The probability was too low - her logic processors assumed the proprietor of a Station like this wouldn't shoot their customers on sight.

"Greetings, Nat Sadaar. I am Gehena, Super Tactical Battle Droid and Captain in the Navy of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. My frigate had a mechanical malfunction, causing it to crash land on Orondia. I am highly interested in paying for all possible labour and parts that exist at your station. Once the frigate is repaired, the Confederacy will be willing to pay you handsomely. "
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Derika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:41 pm

"I believe he's at his station now." Liehiry responded confidently.

Sarrin
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrin » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:16 am

Oronda Station, Main Floor

The lights flashed green just in time as the door on the side of the storefront unlocked allowing Jokir to usher in Razius. The sound of clanking footsteps growing ever louder. He snuck inside and peered out watching as a trio of Seperatist droids marched down the hallway quickly followed by the Gamorrean security officers that he encountered earlier.

'Curious' he thought as he crept back out to the pad activating the lighting inside the storefront but keeping its main grate closed. The room was small with shelves lining the east and west walls and a counter set up towards the front through which business could be done with the outside. From the looks the previous owner had paid decent money for the security of his counter, probably why he needed the forgery.

In the back corner a small door led into an office space where a mattress lay clumsily on the floor aside an old desk with a broken computer system. All the wares of the store had been confiscated leaving nothing of any value.

'This will be perfect' Jokir thought as he looked into the space considering the small modifications it would take to make it a holding cell. He looked over to Razius who had already begin searching draws for any forgotten credits.

"Go make a commotion at the Cantina, I don't want distractions when I get my parts."

The Kowakian Monkey Lizard looked greedily at him "CREDITS!" it shrieked after a momentary pause.

Jokir took a chit from his coat and threw it to the lizard. It was time to see what this mechanic had left behind.
Last edited by Sarrin on Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:01 am

Cheye wrote:Outside the Station - The Mantis

Derika wrote:"Of course. I never fail a job." Liehiry responded.

The Gigoran smiled at Liehiry’s confidence from behind his vocorder box, before turning to glance around the ship. A few seconds passed. Then Aveff turned back to Liehiry and his voice box rumbled; “...Err… If you don’t mind me asking... Where is he then?”

The Cantina

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Dak said to the Quarren,"That's a possibility." He looked at his wife, who gave an uneasy nod of agreement. Dak continued "What's the cargo?" Dak always made sure he knew the cargo, because there were a handful of things he and his wife wouldn't haul, namely spice and slaves. They preferred to avoid illegal cargoes, due to not being smugglers. Although, Dak had no qualms about running guns if they really needed money. He knew Jes wouldn't be too happy about having a Quarren on board, but she was professional enough to deal with it. He took another sip of his whisky.

The Quarren looked around shiftily before muttering back; “That is… sensitive… information....”

In turn he exchanged a look with both Dak and Jes before deciding to elaborate further.

“It is nothing that would be considered illegal in civilised parts I can assure you of that, but it is valuable and there are pirates in these reaches of Hutt Space who would love to separate me from it.” As he said that, he glanced over to the human mercenary who had arrived with the pale-skinned woman, but who now sat at a booth not too far from them.

He nodded to the two Corelians and muttered; “Perhaps I could show you instead?” He asked nervously, gesturing towards the door to the station’s concourse. “If you’d like to follow me?”

Natalya Sadaar

Nuxipal wrote:Knew that this was the largest source of force potential on the station, besides herself, and if she wasn't a Jedi, then she must have been missed somehow. Getting a strange feeling as the woman relaxed Nivea put her own saber on the table, in plain view. "That's interesting that you won this station in a card game. The force would have given you an unfair advantage, even if you didn't know you were using it."

Across the cantina, Nat’s eyes widened for a moment at the mysterious woman’s comments on the force, and she listened intently, drawing herself up and leaning on her elbows on the table between them as Nivea introduced herself as a former Jedi.

There was a small silence when she finished speaking,and it looked as if Nat was mulling over her words carefully.

Finally the Pantoran smirked and scoffed audibly before replying; “Firstly lady, Nivea, I can assure you that it wasn’t some mystical energy field that gave me an unfair advantage, I’m pretty certain it was my Idiot’s Array that did that! I mean I’ve been gambling, and winning, since I was a child on Coruscant so I think someone would have noticed if I had special lucky powers...”

She shook her head, of all the things to happen today, she had not expected a former-Jedi to turn up accusing her of being magically gifted.

“Secondly.” She stated, carrying her voice with a slightly more professional tone this time; “Station Security are indeed keeping an eye out for mercenaries. If your crew are interested in signing on, you should speak to Security Chief Udamos, if there’s any work going, he’ll be the one to know.” She paused for a moment, deep in thought. “Given your particular skill set I imagine he’ll be keen to meet you, particularly if you plan on sticking around.” She eyed the chrono on the wall behind the bar, realising Udamos had probably turned in for the night. “If you’re interested, I am happy to set up a meeting for tomorrow?”

“Now thirdly, when it comes to CIS aligned groups… or any groups… on the station, you might have noticed that this place is still pretty quiet. See, we only got the fuel line up and running earlier today so the odds of you finding someone around with those kinds of connections-”

Puertollano wrote:Seeming as though she would have no luck with the Mon Calamari, the Tactical Droid moved in towards the station cantina, keeping a close sensor of the Gamorreans watching them with suspicious glances. The cantina looked busy, but the towering build of Gehena and her B-2's would be almost unmissable. Gehena approached the bar counter and asked of the bartender: "I am looking for the proprietor of this establishment. Where can I find them?"

“...Hold that thought....” Nat stated, more to herself than to Nivea as she turned her head towards the looming droid that had just entered, flanked by a pair of B2 Super Battle Droids as it approached her astromech at the bar.

She had to intervene.

Dak Stone
Dak studied the Quarren, glanced at Jes, who gave a slight, barely visible nod. They drained their drinks, and Dak said,"We'd like to look at the cargo. They both stood up at roughly the same time. Dak thought something might be up with the Quarren, but they needed that cargo. He hoped to Space that it wasn't spice.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:32 pm

Puertollano wrote:Gehena turned to the blue woman. At first, she was reluctant to believe that she was the owner of the Station. However, it was the Outer Rim, and anything was possible out there. Gehena trudged forwards, her B-2's in toe following behind. She analysed the others sitting in the booth, nothing to be too concerned about, yet. Her defensive protocols picked up the gun resting in the hand of the blue female, but Gehena decided not to think too much about it. The probability was too low - her logic processors assumed the proprietor of a Station like this wouldn't shoot their customers on sight.

"Greetings, Nat Sadaar. I am Gehena, Super Tactical Battle Droid and Captain in the Navy of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. My frigate had a mechanical malfunction, causing it to crash land on Orondia. I am highly interested in paying for all possible labour and parts that exist at your station. Once the frigate is repaired, the Confederacy will be willing to pay you handsomely. "

Nat blinked repeatedly. The droid’s voice echoing in her mind; ‘The Confederacy will be willing to pay you handsomely.’

Not even the end of day one and she had already landed an opportunity to make some credits. What was it Sianni had quiped to her when he had last done business with the Separatists? ‘Desperate marks part with greater sums of credits’ or something like that, and half the galaxy knew the CIS were getting desperate now. That was why they’d attacked Coruscant.

“We’re a neutral port out here, droi-.” She caught herself and corrected; “-Gehena, and for sufficient compensation, we would be happy to provide what assistance we can with your repairs.” Nat mused for a moment, looking back to the self-confessed former Jedi who she had been speaking with before the Super Tactical Droid approached. “In fact, I believe my new friend here was just talking about finding some work, either here at the station or with you clankers, perhaps she might be inclined to offer you some manpower?”

Nat didn’t wait for Nivea to respond before she turned back to the droid and added; “Of course, we might also be able to provide parts and the like when our mechanic gets back and unlocks his shop down in the basement, if he isn’t back soon I’m sure Chief Udamos will be able to unlock his workshop in the morning.”

“And how about yourselves?...” She glanced over the three droids, examining their condition. “If you require any maintenance or oil baths, we can probably accommodate that as well?” She smiled, trying to be friendly, although throughout the conversation her hand never once moved from her holster.

Across the Cantina

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Dak studied the Quarren, glanced at Jes, who gave a slight, barely visible nod. They drained their drinks, and Dak said,"We'd like to look at the cargo. They both stood up at roughly the same time. Dak thought something might be up with the Quarren, but they needed that cargo. He hoped to Space that it wasn't spice.

The Quarren nodded and gestured quickly past the seperatist droids towards the door to the main concourse. “Let's go!” He hissed, gliding out and beckoning them to follow.

Once out of the cantina, he turned towards the nearby turbolift as a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard scuttled by, heading towards the cantina. Once Dak and Jes were with him, he entered the lift, the three of them taking it down to the hangar level, before the Quarren guided them along the long deserted corridor that led under the main station concourse. There were several large locked doorways to multiple hangar bays, and the Quarren made a beeline for one at the far end of the hall.

“They put my cargo in here when we landed.” The Quarren explained back over his shoulder as they neared the far hangar door. He keyed a code and the large bay door hissed open, the hangar beyond was dingy and poorly-lit, revealing little of its contents to those outside.

“After you.” The Quarren hissed, gesturing them inside as he hovered by the door...

Outside - The Mantis

Derika wrote:"I believe he's at his station now." Liehiry responded confidently.

The Gigoran smiled, somewhat relieved, although he clearly expected Kidern to be with Liehiry, he didn’t seem too worried about that answer.

“Of course.” His voice box answered robotically as his native language growled beneath it. “Kidern’s datapad did say that he was taking his speeder, so I assume he will be returning with it separately.”

The Gigoran paused for a moment, thinking.

“In that case, I’m sure he will be back before tomorrow. Chief Udamos instructed me to tell you that a room has been prepared for you on the Upper Concourse, should you require a change of quarters from your ship. Feel free to get some rest and I am sure he and Kidern Karak will come and find you tomorrow to discuss your reward and offer of further employment at the station. I think the new owner is keeping the cantina open late tonight if you require a meal as well, on us.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toydaria Lunar Station - Republic Listening Post

“Captain Cipher, sir I think you should take a look at this.” The uniformed clone’s voice was gruff, but otherwise gave away little.

The commanding officer, who unlike those clones monitoring comms wore a set of ARC trooper armour, minus the helmet, and said nothing in response. He merely extended his hand to take the datapad before turning to glance through the viewport at the dark starfield and green orb of the planet Toydarria that hung in the sky above, before sighing and taking a moment to prepare himself mentally for what would undoubtedly be his next headache.

Being stationed away from the frontline, in what was officially Hutt space, would be a difficult posting for any clone, but operating a listening post out here was even worse. What really stung was that this assignment had actually been presented as an overdue promotion for his long record of service, when in reality it was because Cipher had wound up somebody further up the pecking order.

Now his distinguished service as a much-envied ARC Trooper with the Grand Army of the Republic had been reduced to spying on communications between the various Hutt gangs and monitoring the movements of syndicate bosses and pirate lords who were of interest to the republic. Now the Outer Rim Sieges were in full swing, there was little left in the way of actual war going on in this part of the galaxy, and Cipher resenting the fact that he was stuck here while his brothers across the stars were on the verge of victory.

He shook his head, there was no use dwelling on his misfortune. He was still loyal to the Republic, and he had a job to do. He read over the communication, noting that it was from their alien asset way out on Orondia. Perhaps that was the one worst place you could be assigned than here? Cipher smirked as he began to read.

Greater Persian State wrote:
Code: Select all
Super Tactical Droid on site with battle droids STOP Cover secure do not abort or recover STOP Job secured as mechanic STOP Possible Separatist forces nearby STOP Guidance Requested STOP

Cipher’s eyes widened as he read over the message again; ‘Possible Seperatist forces nearby’ jumped out at him, as did the words; ‘Super Tactical Droid’.

He turned back to the clone comms officer who had given him the message; “Interesting…” He said aloud.

His mind raced with questions. Did the Hutts know there was such a powerful Seperatist asset in their space? How secret was their presence there? How large? Then Cipher collected himself and remembered he was just in charge of the Listening Post, not the whole Outer Rim. His duty was to answer one question and one question only, and that was who to send this intelligence on to.

“Clankers on Orondia of all places, who should we pass this on to, sir?” The comms officer’s words echoed Cipher’s thoughts.

The Captain stroked his neatly shaved chin thoughtfully; “It’s an Intelligence operation, but protocol is to alert nearby republic forces, whose unit is closest?”

“General Vos’s men.” Another clone comms officer answered from a nearby console. “They’ve recently taken Saleucami and have moved to Boz Pity, they’re the closest Republic forces to the area by any measure, sir.”

“They’ve got a planetary invasion to conduct... We’ll still need to pass the message along in case that Super Tactical Droid shows up, but orders from Republic Intelligence are not to bother them unnecessarily about this asset, I think they're phasing him out..." Like me, Cipher's inner voice taunted. "...Anyway, knowing them they’ll want more intel regardless. I think we should encourage him to get us some more information, both for Intelligence, and for Vos’s boys in case they get roped into this...”

Both uniformed clones nodded in agreement. It wasn't strictly speaking their job, but they all knew it was their duty.

“Send back the following.” Cipher instructed and began to pace as he dictated his message aloud...

“Message acknowledged and relayed as needed STOP. Maintain assignment unless compromised STOP. Further intelligence on Seperatist presence required STOP. Without risking exposure ascertain the following DASH Enemy base location STOP. Total enemy troop strength STOP. Total enemy naval strength STOP. Presence of further enemy officers including high value commanders STOP. DASH Beware Super Tactical Droid capable of advanced logic, social and other cognitive functions in addition to strategic capabilities STOP. Update Listening Post within 48 hours STOP."
Last edited by Cheye on Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:02 pm

Gehena, Orondia

Cheye wrote:Natalya Sadaar - The Cantina

Puertollano wrote:Gehena turned to the blue woman. At first, she was reluctant to believe that she was the owner of the Station. However, it was the Outer Rim, and anything was possible out there. Gehena trudged forwards, her B-2's in toe following behind. She analysed the others sitting in the booth, nothing to be too concerned about, yet. Her defensive protocols picked up the gun resting in the hand of the blue female, but Gehena decided not to think too much about it. The probability was too low - her logic processors assumed the proprietor of a Station like this wouldn't shoot their customers on sight.

Nat blinked repeatedly. The droid’s voice echoing in her mind; ‘The Confederacy will be willing to pay you handsomely.’

Not even the end of day one and she had already landed an opportunity to make some credits. What was it Sianni had quiped to her when he had last done business with the Separatists? ‘Desperate marks part with greater sums of credits’ or something like that, and half the galaxy knew the CIS were getting desperate now. That was why they’d attacked Coruscant.

“We’re a neutral port out here, droi-.” She caught herself and corrected; “-Gehena, and for sufficient compensation, we would be happy to provide what assistance we can with your repairs.” Nat mused for a moment, looking back to the self-confessed former Jedi who she had been speaking with before the Super Tactical Droid approached. “In fact, I believe my new friend here was just talking about finding some work, either here at the station or with you clankers, perhaps she might be inclined to offer you some manpower?”

Nat didn’t wait for Nivea to respond before she turned back to the droid and added; “Of course, we might also be able to provide parts and the like when our mechanic gets back and unlocks his shop down in the basement, if he isn’t back soon I’m sure Chief Udamos will be able to unlock his workshop in the morning.”

“And how about yourselves?...” She glanced over the three droids, examining their condition. “If you require any maintenance or oil baths, we can probably accommodate that as well?” She smiled, trying to be friendly, although throughout the conversation her hand never once moved from her holster.

Gehena interjected. "Neutrality is a flawed concept, is it not? With the Galactic Republic breathing down the necks of the Outer Rim, the movement for galactic independence and self-determination has never been greater. What I am offering you is an agreement in which both parties are thoroughly compensated." She paused. Her dialogue processors spinned, instead, Gehena offered a new deal.

"Let me present with you a new arrangement, one that may be very fitting. Your Station helps with the repairs of the Munificent-class Frigate, and we will be fully-willing to allow your use of the Frigate itself. So long as my remaining droid forces can activate the communication to the Separatist Council for them to organise and evacuation of our forces. I believe this deal is highly generous, a Station with the arsenal of a weapon of war is unprecedented, the weapons of the Frigate (that are undamaged) are of a war-quality. With the fire-power of a Frigate, you could, and this is up to your own discretion, assert the independence of your Station with force. I don't suppose the Hutt Cartel are good land-lords?"

Gehena turned to the "friend" of the proprietor, "we would be interested in acquiring your support, I will talk to you after this conversation."

She turned back to Nat Sadaar. "Clankers is a very derogatory term," the Super Tactical Droid said, quite unpleased. "But we would be thankful for support, by B-2 units here need to be recharged and may need diagnostic checks."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse