NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Station - Character RP - OPEN (OOC/Sign-ups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:10 pm

Name: Gehena
Species: Droid (Super Tactical Battle Droid)
Appearance:

Profession: Captain of Munificent-class Frigate
Equipment/Weapons: x1 E-5 Blaster Rifle
x5 Thermal Detonator
Pets/Droids/Companions: x2 B-2 Super Battle Droids with dual wrist blaters
x3 B1 Battle Droids (Engineers)
How you got to Orondia: CIS Frigate crash landed following mechanical errors in the ships engine.
Reason for travel to Orondia: Will stay as long as it takes to either call in off-world support from the CIS, or manually repair the CIS Frigate.
Bio: To counter-act the prevailing failings of their predecessors, the Tactical Battle Droid, Baktoid Automata developed the Super Tactical Battle Droid to help in the ensuing war between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Gehena was developed alongside other Super Tactical Battle Droids, such as Kalani and Kraken, but was instead installed with feminine programming. This did not mitigate her ruthlessness when need be, as Gehena demonstrated at the Battle of Coruscant. Gehena was responsible for saving much of the Confederate Navy from destruction in its evacuation. Although the CIS lost a third of its' entire Navy, Gehena's efforts were responsible for the safe evacuation of half a dozen Lucerhulk-class Destroyers.

Despite the efforts of the Super Tactical Battle Droid, Gehena was demoted to a smaller position with her fatal involvement in the Battle of Coruscant and the scant nature of the CIS fleet. Gehena was re-posted on reconnaissance/propaganda duties on a Maleficent-class Frigate near the Orondian System. The first signs of issues on the Frigate occurred when Gehena, as Captain, was informed of a fuel leak among the lower decks of the Frigate. Scrambling all droids on board to get it fixed, the ship began travel towards Orondia, in case the worst occurred. Unfortunately for the Super Tactical Battle Droid, the worst (though statistically probable) happened and the leak caught fire, causing an explosion to rip through the engine of the Frigate. Frantically, Gehena was able to crash land the CIS Frigate on the planet of Orondia, not incredibly far from Orondia Station. Stranded without Comms, Gehena now seeks to either repair the damaged Frigate with help from the locals or somehow call in assistance from the Confederacy.
RP Example: Star Wars: A Final Hope V2
Clone Wars: Fallen Icon
Star Wars: A Final Hope V1
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Cheye
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:27 pm

Puertollano wrote:Name: Gehena
Appearance:
x5 Thermal Detonator
How you got to Orondia: CIS Frigate crash landed following mechanical errors in the ships engine.
Reason for travel to Orondia: Will stay as long as it takes to either call in off-world support from the CIS, or manually repair the CIS Frigate.
Bio: To counter-act the prevailing failings of their predecessors, the Tactical Battle Droid, Baktoid Automata developed the Super Tactical Battle Droid to help in the ensuing war between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Gehena was developed alongside other Super Tactical Battle Droids, such as Kalani and Kraken, but was instead installed with feminine programming. This did not mitigate her ruthlessness when need be, as Gehena demonstrated at the Battle of Coruscant. Gehena was responsible for saving much of the Confederate Navy from destruction in its evacuation. Although the CIS lost a third of its' entire Navy, Gehena's efforts were responsible for the safe evacuation of half a dozen Lucerhulk-class Destroyers.

Despite the efforts of the Super Tactical Battle Droid, Gehena was demoted to a smaller position with her fatal involvement in the Battle of Coruscant and the scant nature of the CIS fleet. Gehena was re-posted on reconnaissance/propaganda duties on a Maleficent-class Frigate near the Orondian System. The first signs of issues on the Frigate occurred when Gehena, as Captain, was informed of a fuel leak among the lower decks of the Frigate. Scrambling all droids on board to get it fixed, the ship began travel towards Orondia, in case the worst occurred. Unfortunately for the Super Tactical Battle Droid, the worst (though statistically probable) happened and the leak caught fire, causing an explosion to rip through the engine of the Frigate. Frantically, Gehena was able to crash land the CIS Frigate on the planet of Orondia, not incredibly far from Orondia Station. Stranded without Comms, Gehena now seeks to either repair the damaged Frigate with help from the locals or somehow call in assistance from the Confederacy.

So I really like this idea - we haven't had any truly CIS aligned characters, nor droids, so there is definitely a gap in the RP for it and it would certainly integrate well with what's going on with Liehiry (Derika's character) and the missing mechanic plot line.

If accepted, do you have any thoughts on what you would like to have happened to the mechanic who went looking for the ship, and also on how Gehena would react to a mercenary from Orondia Station coming looking for him? I just want to make sure it makes Liehiry's quest to find the mechanic more interesting instead of more of a headache. I'm 90% there!
Last edited by Cheye on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:59 pm

Cheye wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Name: Gehena
Appearance:
x5 Thermal Detonator

So I really like this idea - we haven't had any truly CIS aligned characters, nor droids, so there is definitely a gap in the RP for it and it would certainly integrate well with what's going on with Liehiry (Derika's character) and the missing mechanic plot line.

If accepted, do you have any thoughts on what you would like to have happened to the mechanic who went looking for the ship, and also on how Gehena would react to a mercenary from Orondia Station coming looking for him? I just want to make sure it makes Liehiry's quest to find the mechanic more interesting instead of more of a headache. I'm 90% there!

Gehena would appreciate the help - if the mechanic was arriving to help in the repairs - but if he arrived just to scrap its parts, she'd probably kill the mechanic.

She won't fire on sight, if that's what you mean.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:33 am

Puertollano wrote:
Gehena would appreciate the help - if the mechanic was arriving to help in the repairs - but if he arrived just to scrap its parts, she'd probably kill the mechanic.

Accepted as that was the main thing I needed to check!

Can we establish what happened to the missing mechanic here before your first post though?

He would certainly have arrived looking for parts a few weeks ago, but upon meeting Gehena a deal might have been struck in which he would have been willing to help with repairs in exchange for some non-essential ship salvage and droid parts? If you accept that offer, then he can have been out working on the repairs this whole time and just not checked in with the station, if not he's probably going to have to be dead to explain why he never came back...

I leave the choice to you, but it will probably impact on how Liehiry interacts with Gehena upon arriving at the crashed ship to investigate. Either option could be fun!

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:15 pm

Cheye wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

Can we establish what happened to the missing mechanic here before your first post though?

He would certainly have arrived looking for parts a few weeks ago, but upon meeting Gehena a deal might have been struck in which he would have been willing to help with repairs in exchange for some non-essential ship salvage and droid parts? If you accept that offer, then he can have been out working on the repairs this whole time and just not checked in with the station, if not he's probably going to have to be dead to explain why he never came back...

I leave the choice to you, but it will probably impact on how Liehiry interacts with Gehena upon arriving at the crashed ship to investigate. Either option could be fun!

The first option is good. I'll roll with it.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:16 pm

Cheye wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

Hmm, this is excellent. CIS droid shows up after separatist aligned mercenaries are forced to stop here. Should be some fun there.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Side fact: Kalani in Hawaiian means Heaven, so Gehena in Hawaiian means Hell.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Puertollano wrote:Side fact: Kalani in Hawaiian means Heaven, so Gehena in Hawaiian means Hell.

Nice fact! My Hawaiian is a little rusty, but I really hope that is 'hell for the enemies of the CIS' NOT 'hell for the OP to manage the consequences of allowing an incredibly dangerous droid leader into the RP' :p

So far though I am happy with this and with your first post, can I ask you to edit in the fact that the mechanic is a Besalisk though please (picture below)? Just as it was mentioned previously in the IC that he was. I probably should have made you aware sooner so apologies for that! Otherwise I sense that things are about to get interesting... :twisted:

EDIT: Also might be worth specifying that the ship crashed and the mechanic arrived a while ago (IE a week or so back) somewhere in the post as Liehiry is about to arrive looking for him.

Last edited by Cheye on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Cheye wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Side fact: Kalani in Hawaiian means Heaven, so Gehena in Hawaiian means Hell.

Nice fact! My Hawaiian is a little rusty, but I really hope that is 'hell for the enemies of the CIS' NOT 'hell for the OP to manage the consequences of allowing an incredibly dangerous droid leader into the RP' :p

So far though I am happy with this and with your first post, can I ask you to edit in the fact that the mechanic is a Besalisk though please (picture below)? Just as it was mentioned previously in the IC that he was. I probably should have made you aware sooner so apologies for that! Otherwise I sense that things are about to get interesting... :twisted:

EDIT: Also might be worth specifying that the ship crashed and the mechanic arrived a while ago (IE a week or so back) somewhere in the post as Liehiry is about to arrive looking for him.

No, don't worry. The character can only be as intelligent as the person RPing it, and I'm not, so you have nothing to worry about lol.

Made all of the edits too.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:45 am

Puertollano wrote:
Cheye wrote:

No, don't worry. The character can only be as intelligent as the person RPing it, and I'm not, so you have nothing to worry about lol.

Made all of the edits too.

Thank you!

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:56 pm

Sorry Deirak, Gehena actually asked that question to the Mon Calamari.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Derika
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Puertollano wrote:Sorry Deirak, Gehena actually asked that question to the Mon Calamari.

all good. Just me being a dum dum
my evidence? trust me bro

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Hi all - sorry I haven't had a chance to post over the weekend, I'm working on responses to all now though and hope to have the post up in the next 24 hours or so! Thanks for your collective patience!

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:34 pm

Cheye wrote:Hi all - sorry I haven't had a chance to post over the weekend, I'm working on responses to all now though and hope to have the post up in the next 24 hours or so! Thanks for your collective patience!

All good :)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Hey, is there a discord server for this?

Also, any suggestions on Dev's backstory? I'm not all that familiar on bounty hunter lore for SW so is there some sort of process that needs to take place in order for someone to become a bounty hunter or is it just a matter of taking jobs and collecting bounties?
Last edited by New Antonalia on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:53 am

New Antonalia wrote:Hey, is there a discord server for this?

Also, any suggestions on Dev's backstory? I'm not all that familiar on bounty hunter lore for SW so is there some sort of process that needs to take place in order for someone to become a bounty hunter or is it just a matter of taking jobs and collecting bounties?

Some Hunters are part of the Bounty Hunter's Guild, but not all. I don't think there are any job applications or anything needed for a freelancer.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:44 pm

Hey! In terms of bounty hunting, it depends entirely on how rooted you want the character to be in that profession - as Pax says you can be a well established guild bounty hunter (like in the Mandalorian) or just a mercenary who occasionally takes on bounties like Sarrin's character, it's entirely up to you. The two main questions I'd keep in mind for a bounty hunter are simple:

- Are you the kind of hunter who works alone or with a crew?
- Are you the kind of hunter who tends to bring their bounties in dead or alive?

You can then work things out from there. IE - if in a crew maybe one of them is the experienced one with contacts in the bounty hunters guild that they use to share contracts with your character. If alone - maybe that's because your character fell out with their old crew over their methods and now hunts as a freelance mercenary. Working these details out will help you more than worrying too much over the technicalities of the SW canon.

As for discord, we don't have one set up yet, but given we have a reliable number of recurring characters now I am open to setting one up if others think it would be helpful?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:30 pm

I'll be getting a post up tonight after I get home. Sorry for the delay Cheye, feel free to act as if my character has moved out from the cantina.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:38 pm

Cheye wrote:

Hey! In terms of bounty hunting, it depends entirely on how rooted you want the character to be in that profession - as Pax says you can be a well established guild bounty hunter (like in the Mandalorian) or just a mercenary who occasionally takes on bounties like Sarrin's character, it's entirely up to you. The two main questions I'd keep in mind for a bounty hunter are simple:

- Are you the kind of hunter who works alone or with a crew?
- Are you the kind of hunter who tends to bring their bounties in dead or alive?

You can then work things out from there. IE - if in a crew maybe one of them is the experienced one with contacts in the bounty hunters guild that they use to share contracts with your character. If alone - maybe that's because your character fell out with their old crew over their methods and now hunts as a freelance mercenary. Working these details out will help you more than worrying too much over the technicalities of the SW canon.

As for discord, we don't have one set up yet, but given we have a reliable number of recurring characters now I am open to setting one up if others think it would be helpful?

Well, given how Dev wants to hide the fact that he's a clone deserter, I feel that working alone would fit his character more.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:18 am

Hey there! I was thinking about joining as I've been looking for a Star Wars RP for a while now.

Question: Is it possible to apply as a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter?
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:08 pm

The Batavia wrote:Hey there! I was thinking about joining as I've been looking for a Star Wars RP for a while now.

I don't think that will be a problem, but I'm not an OP.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:57 pm

The Batavia wrote:Hey there! I was thinking about joining as I've been looking for a Star Wars RP for a while now.

Yeah, absolutely no problem at all! Look forward to your app!

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:43 am

Cheye wrote:

Yeah, absolutely no problem at all! Look forward to your app!

Awesome! I'll start working on my app when I get home
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 am

Name: Davin Krest
Species: Human (persumably)
Appearance: 6'3 in height. Nobody has ever seen Davin's face or physical apperance ever since he took up the helmet. He wears an orange/black Mandalorian T-visor helmet and beskar armor with the same colour scheme. Davin also wears a worn brown cape over his Mandalorian Jetpack. He also wears fingerless gloves and has Cortosis arm guards.
Profession: Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
Equipment/Weapons:

-Heavy Blaster Pistol:

-Custom Blaster Rifle:

-Mandalorian Wrist Flamthrower:

-Mandalorian Wrist Grapple Hook:

-Whistling Birds:

-Mandalorian Jetpack:

-Bearching Charge:

-Thermal Detonator:

-Restraining Cuffs:
Pets/Droids/Companions: Davin works alone, and thus requires no companions
How you got to Orondia: With his personal ship the Crystal Dawn: a fast, well armed gunship made a decade before the Clone Wars
Reason for travel to Orondia: Davin tracked his bounty target to Orondia. Luckily, he is quite familiar with the station.
Bio: WIP
RP Example: WIP

Heya! Here is the the app for now. It's still unfinished, but I'm putting this up already so you know what you're dealing with.

Cheye
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheye » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:37 pm

The Batavia wrote:
Name: Davin Krest
Species: Human (persumably)
Appearance: 6'3 in height. Nobody has ever seen Davin's face or physical apperance ever since he took up the helmet. He wears an orange/black Mandalorian T-visor helmet and beskar armor with the same colour scheme. Davin also wears a worn brown cape over his Mandalorian Jetpack. He also wears fingerless gloves and has Cortosis arm guards.
Profession: Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
Equipment/Weapons:

-Heavy Blaster Pistol:

-Custom Blaster Rifle:

-Mandalorian Wrist Flamthrower:

-Mandalorian Wrist Grapple Hook:

-Whistling Birds:

-Mandalorian Jetpack:

-Bearching Charge:

-Thermal Detonator:

-Restraining Cuffs:
Pets/Droids/Companions: Davin works alone, and thus requires no companions
How you got to Orondia: With his personal ship the Crystal Dawn: a fast, well armed gunship made a decade before the Clone Wars
Reason for travel to Orondia: Davin tracked his bounty target to Orondia. Luckily, he is quite familiar with the station.
Bio: WIP
RP Example: WIP

Heya! Here is the the app for now. It's still unfinished, but I'm putting this up already so you know what you're dealing with.

Appreciate it - looks good so far to me.

During the Clone Wars Mandalore went through a lot of upheaval with Deathwatch leading a coup against the pacifist government and then Maul leading a coup against them. Obviously there are Mandalorians scattered all over the galaxy as well, but if you want Davin to have come from Mandalore or one of its moons, it would be fun to see how these events tie in with his backstory? Up to you though!

FYI everyone else - I am working on a post that should be up shortly!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse