NATION

PASSWORD

SLATE [OOC | OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:15 am

I'll leave the rest of today for anyone else to get a post up before I make another to move us onto the shooting range.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:36 am

I'll post by this evening, apologies for the lateness.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:50 pm

Apologies, this is a really busy week for me. If you need to move on, that's fine.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Should be cool, Talc.

Mon, how much material you got for the walkthrough?
I wear blue, pink, teal, and red for a fellow human being.

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:38 am

Posted. Everyone feel free to make a post about their turn and don't worry about having to wait for others to get done.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:56 am

So we got some ideas brewing for plot and Gio's making a few things to go on. How would you guys feel about an investigative sort of feel to the overall plot? Maybe with a side of bureaucratic frustration and other lovely things.

Achievement

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:35 pm

Monfrox wrote:So we got some ideas brewing for plot and Gio's making a few things to go on. How would you guys feel about an investigative sort of feel to the overall plot? Maybe with a side of bureaucratic frustration and other lovely things.

Sounds fine with me. I'll be posting either tonight or tomorrow, too.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 pm

Monfrox wrote:So we got some ideas brewing for plot and Gio's making a few things to go on. How would you guys feel about an investigative sort of feel to the overall plot? Maybe with a side of bureaucratic frustration and other lovely things.

Sounds good to me, too.
Last edited by Sylvanstreak on Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 am

Sylvanstreak wrote:

Sounds good to me, too.

Are you guys doing all the worldbuild, or is there room to add things on?

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:18 am

Sorry for not posting. I have been in a funk lately. I'll get a post up soon.

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Post tomorrow or Saturday, been busy at work this week.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:21 am

Sylvanstreak wrote:
Sylvanstreak wrote:
Sounds good to me, too.

Plenty of room. Feel free to suggest stuff.

Mon's current idea is to make the story somewhat serialized, like "True Detective" where investigate various supernatural matters mixed in with some politics.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:41 pm

That could work well.

So far, I've been establishing what's up in the basement levels of the building. So far, a garage and machine workshop alongside the building's HVAC. Hope that's cool.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Coolio, plotline sounds awesome. I'm so rusty on char creation (my strong point) I might as well start from scratch with everything.

It's all good, HL.
Last edited by Sylvanstreak on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:55 pm

I'll start working on worldbuild a bit more tonight.

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Sylvanstreak wrote:I'll start working on worldbuild a bit more tonight.

Hoi, Agy, how big is SCM's range and how far outside it do they usually go?

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:05 pm

Before the strange alienish guy in black showed up, I was thinking of Seamus trying to shoot a rifle and getting knocked back like 8 ft. or so. Now, I think that would just be silly.

Rudiane
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Rudiane » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Last edited by Rudiane on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
TOUT ME FAIT RIRE
Uhh is it canon though? (I'm not actually a Francophone, so if it's broken at all than it's not just excellent roleplaying)

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Sylvanstreak wrote:
Sylvanstreak wrote:I'll start working on worldbuild a bit more tonight.

SCM primarily sticks to the domed portions of Slate: Moriscant, Bradypus Mining, and all the Agri-Sectors (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta) when they're using traditional vehicles and on-foot. Mech patrols are usually restricted to Bradypus and the Agri-Sectors, as Morsicant is a bit too narrow and busy in many areas to accommodate a squad of mechs.

They sometimes venture out into the uninhabitable zones in the limited number of sealed mechs they have; this is done to a very limited degree, for scouting and planning future dome expansions and new dome locations. This is done very rarely and for not more than a few hours, as pressurized air is in limited supply due to industrial demand and the need to feed the habitation domes.

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:35 pm

Highfort wrote:
Sylvanstreak wrote:

SCM primarily sticks to the domed portions of Slate: Moriscant, Bradypus Mining, and all the Agri-Sectors (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta) when they're using traditional vehicles and on-foot. Mech patrols are usually restricted to Bradypus and the Agri-Sectors, as Morsicant is a bit too narrow and busy in many areas to accommodate a squad of mechs.

They sometimes venture out into the uninhabitable zones in the limited number of sealed mechs they have; this is done to a very limited degree, for scouting and planning future dome expansions and new dome locations. This is done very rarely and for not more than a few hours, as pressurized air is in limited supply due to industrial demand and the need to feed the habitation domes.

kk

Aiming for a post tomo night.

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am

Giovenith wrote:
Sylvanstreak wrote:

Mon's current idea is to make the story somewhat serialized, like "True Detective" where investigate various supernatural matters mixed in with some politics.

Sorry, was in a hurry and didn't realize the link didn't work.
Did my best to crib from Swith's notes in the OOC OP. Threw together an abandoned satellite launch facility built from a disused missile silo, and a cult that does ??? that can be built up in-story or whatever to keep away hostile critters. Was aiming for comedic, but it can be dramatic too depending on what you guys wanna do and how it fits in with Mon's overarching idea. Maybe if comedic, it could be something thrown in the middle of more serious stories to give it a break?

Gonna hold off on post for now since I don't wanna hog the action. Still trying to figure out a way to neuter Barber a bit. I might end up swapping him out for Summerveil, but I kinda want to avoid the multiple characters thing for rn.

https://www.songlyrics.com/mike-oldfield/tricks-of-the-light-instrumental-remastered-2015-lyrics/ --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pN-lkzEmEk
Last edited by Sylvanstreak on Tue May 12, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:24 pm

Sylvanstreak wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Sorry, was in a hurry and didn't realize the link didn't work.
Did my best to crib from Swith's notes in the OOC OP. Threw together an abandoned satellite launch facility built from a disused missile silo, and a cult that does ??? that can be built up in-story or whatever to keep away hostile critters. Was aiming for comedic, but it can be dramatic too depending on what you guys wanna do and how it fits in with Mon's overarching idea. Maybe if comedic, it could be something thrown in the middle of more serious stories to give it a break?

Gonna hold off on post for now since I don't wanna hog the action. Still trying to figure out a way to neuter Barber a bit. I might end up swapping him out for Summerveil, but I kinda want to avoid the multiple characters thing for rn.

https://www.songlyrics.com/mike-oldfield/tricks-of-the-light-instrumental-remastered-2015-lyrics/ --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pN-lkzEmEk

Swapping out the Barber for a new char. Just not feeling the mojo with it.

New char will still be a PI type fwiw.

Defend the forest!
sometimes

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 pm

My intention with SCM was for folks to start using them to get missions and support NPCs for combat missions (if non-combat characters want to go on missions that plot-wise would make sense to have some danger, you can opt for SCM in addition to or in place of having to take combat characters).

May tool around with worldbuilding some of the mech and businesses in Morsicant. Right now we've got the bartender and a mechanic specializing in mechs, not sure what else folks are looking for out of the town.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:55 am

Highfort wrote:My intention with SCM was for folks to start using them to get missions and support NPCs for combat missions (if non-combat characters want to go on missions that plot-wise would make sense to have some danger, you can opt for SCM in addition to or in place of having to take combat characters).

May tool around with worldbuilding some of the mech and businesses in Morsicant. Right now we've got the bartender and a mechanic specializing in mechs, not sure what else folks are looking for out of the town.

Sounds good.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Sylvanstreak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvanstreak » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:45 pm

CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER NAME/NICKNAME - Syl

CHARACTER NAME - Nahil Autumnlight

CHARACTER SPECIES - Pandaren

LINK TO CHARACTER IMAGE OR DESCRIBE - Bearlike humanoid female. 5’10” 221 lb; black cherry-colored rings of fur around eyes. Patches of black cherry foreground on white background fur.

CHARACTER CONCEPT - A pandaren brewmaster out on a quest for new plants and fungi.

CHARACTER PERSONALITY - Reflective, spiritual, balanced, observant, and unfailingly polite. Nahil is no exception to her people’s typical nature, rooted in both nature and people and revering the arts and crafts. As a brewmaster, she has a keen eye for novel plants, fruits, and fungi to experiment with. She takes personal pride in tinkering and finding the perfect brew, and then enjoying it with the evening meal. If any visitors come by, as guests they are automatically welcome to partake.

From her experience, sharing drink and tales are often the best way to learn of other possible new ingredients to try out. Or, in a pinch in less refined settings, learning other information, or escaping confrontation without violence.

CHARACTER GOALS - In this new dimension, find a reliable group of people to quest with; get all the new recipes possible; and go on at some point after the getting’s done.

CHARACTER WEAKNESS/VULNERABILITY
- Out of the Forest. Coming from a realm with medieval/early industrial technology and based in magics rather than sciences, Nahil will be rather out of sorts in dealing with some of the materials and environments of Slate. This will especially hinder her up front, as brewcraft in her home dimension is tied closely to the magical arts, and so she will need to adapt.

- Toolless. Pandaren in general are very adaptable, but rely heavily on tools and the mystical qualities of brews to achieve this; following the philosophy that when caught up in circumstances, neither resist nor passively flow along, but follow the course of events and add one’s own force and tools to move through them. Without these aids, Nahil will face some few difficulties in navigating daily life on Slate, such as culture shock.

CHARACTER BACKSTORY - The repeated cycle of wars in her home dimension and the lifting of the mists obscuring her home continent threaten her people as the warring parties try to sway the pandaren out of neutrality. The pandaren military has faired well in holding off the threats, aided by unrestricted access to pandaren brews - including those that enhance fighting abilities - for those who remain friendly.

To keep this advantage, the highly revered brewmasters have their paws full. Solitary adventurers used to long quests away from home, it just so happens that through unknown interference Nahil finds herself farther away than most. Whether a moment of miscalculation by the shaman who opened the portal, or the will of the unknown powers who hid away her home continent originally, or some other factor...is someone else’s problem. (Even if that someone else is a future Nahil.)

On arrival, however, she reached up to adjust her hat, disturbed by the trip, and found a card tucked into its brim. Turning up at the address on it, she found...

ONE BEST SKILL
- Pandaren Sight. At night or in low light conditions, Nahil can see twice as far as an unaided/unaugmented human, including an object’s color and surface details.

TWO GOOD SKILLS
- The Brewmaster’s Craft. With the benefit of considerable knowledge handed down through the ages, Nahil is capable of making drinks with few equals. However, the lack of spirits (of the mystical sort, not the alcoholic) means that these drinks will be merely tasty and tongue-loosening, without any special effects, until Nahil figures out how to sub in technology for magic.

- Pandaren Constitution. Body fat helps shield them against blunt impacts and the worst effects of falling 10 feet or less, and to a limited extent damage from knives and other piercing weapons.

THREE FAIR SKILLS
- Calligraphy. For recording recipes.

- Tale weaving.

- Ceramics. Particularly special brews ought to be served or stored in particularly special vessels.

FOUR AVERAGE SKILLS
- Acupressure.

- Multilingualism. Rendered generally useless after her arrival, as most of the other languages Nahil speaks are native to her home dimension and not spoken on Slate, leaving only Pandaren and Common (English).

- Self-defense. Basic staff-wielding, or claws and teeth if caught without it.

- Preserving food. Using what else…? Good (after)taste not guaranteed.

MISC INFORMATION - N/A

IMPORTANT POSSESSIONS, FIREARMS, ETC - A traveler’s staff for self-defense and as a clothesline; a small traveler’s purse full of gold coin; a broad, teardrop-shaped straw hat with a tightly wound strip of bamboo skin running along its length to securely clip small items; and a medium-sized knapsack containing a couple of changes of clothes.

SLATE APP. DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE!

Defend the forest!
sometimes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse