NATION

PASSWORD

House of Commons (EoGB Only - Autumn Session 2019)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Colfax County
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Colfax County » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:45 am

Newtopian Britain wrote:Mr. Speaker,
I would like to show my complete support for this bill, and I commend TRH Gwerncyned for commending this bill to the House once again. As serving as the first Speaker of the House in previous parliamentary sessions, I know how dire the situation could become with regards to the speed at which legislation is passed, and just the general organisation of the sittings. This bill would provide the basis for this desperately needed organisation, and I truly hope this is passed as soon as possible!

I agree with my Right Honourable friend. I believe this will be an important Bill in the development of our parliamentary democracy.

Colfax County
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfax County » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:33 am

Colfax County wrote:
Newtopian Britain wrote:Mr. Speaker,
I would like to show my complete support for this bill, and I commend TRH Gwerncyned for commending this bill to the House once again. As serving as the first Speaker of the House in previous parliamentary sessions, I know how dire the situation could become with regards to the speed at which legislation is passed, and just the general organisation of the sittings. This bill would provide the basis for this desperately needed organisation, and I truly hope this is passed as soon as possible!

I agree with my Right Honourable friend. I believe this will be an important Bill in the development of our parliamentary democracy.

In addition to my previous remarks, I now motion for this Bill to be brought to a vote.

Gwerncyned
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gwerncyned » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:17 am

Colfax County wrote:
Colfax County wrote:

In addition to my previous remarks, I now motion for this Bill to be brought to a vote.

I second this motion Mr speaker
The MP for Wales in her Majesties House of Commons

Gwerncyned
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gwerncyned » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:51 pm

I vote aye

Colfax County
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Colfax County » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:01 am

I vote Aye.

The Founding Father
Lobbyist

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Father » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:07 pm

I vote Aye.

The vote is concluded and the Bill is passed.

Gwerncyned
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gwerncyned » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Stands from my seat.I am officially declaring my candidacy for the speaker-ship of her Majesties House of Commons. I, as speaker would promise to uphold the Parliamentary democracy of our Empire to the best of my abilities. All MP's will be given an equal opportunity to speak and present bills whether they be Backbenchers or members of the government as per the House rules. I promise to ensure that schedules are kept up to date and that all questions of MP's regarding house and constitutional practice are answered as swiftly as possible. I promise to run the business of the house to the best of my ability and inform the members of the house, her Majesty and the government of the public matters of the house and its scheduling. I will remain neutral on the scheduling of bills and of the voting on such bills unless I am required to settle a draw. On my final point I will make sure that the house has ample opportunity to debate the essential bills that i had hoped to present to the house on the previous session. These would establish the rules for a potential future parry system, establish the rules for a commonwealth of nations system as discussed by many in this region and provide potential for archiving and further role-play opportunities. I commend my nomination to the house and I am open to any questions sits down

The Holy Brittannian Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Brittannian Empire » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Gwerncyned wrote:Stands from my seat.I am officially declaring my candidacy for the speaker-ship of her Majesties House of Commons. I, as speaker would promise to uphold the Parliamentary democracy of our Empire to the best of my abilities. All MP's will be given an equal opportunity to speak and present bills whether they be Backbenchers or members of the government as per the House rules. I promise to ensure that schedules are kept up to date and that all questions of MP's regarding house and constitutional practice are answered as swiftly as possible. I promise to run the business of the house to the best of my ability and inform the members of the house, her Majesty and the government of the public matters of the house and its scheduling. I will remain neutral on the scheduling of bills and of the voting on such bills unless I am required to settle a draw. On my final point I will make sure that the house has ample opportunity to debate the essential bills that i had hoped to present to the house on the previous session. These would establish the rules for a potential future parry system, establish the rules for a commonwealth of nations system as discussed by many in this region and provide potential for archiving and further role-play opportunities. I commend my nomination to the house and I am open to any questions sits down

Hear hear! As Prime Minister of Her Majesties House of Commons I am overjoyed to see such a venerable member of Parliament decide to take up office as speaker, despite our past differences I am sure that our fellow MP Gwerncyned would make an excellent addition to the government. Having read your past performance in Parliament I am sure the House would benefit greatly from your involvement. The very best of luck to you in the race!

Newtopian Britain
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 17, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Newtopian Britain » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:13 am

Members of the House,

I would like to pronounce my support for TRH Gwerncyned in his announcement to become Speaker of the House. As someone who has previously held the position, I truly believe you will be successful in your endeavours. I trust the other members of the House will agree that you are one of the hardest working members of our region and that your presence will only have a positive effect on our region.
Major-General Oliver Newman - Leader of Newtopian Britain - MP for Southern England - Foreign Secretary - Long Live the Regime!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse