NATION

PASSWORD

Clone Wars Fallen Icon OCC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:51 am

How early in the Clone Wars are we? First-year? First months? First weeks?

Battle of Christophsis happen yet? Fall of the Malevolence?
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:27 am

I plan on making maybe one or two more characters, but for now, here's our favourite Arachnid!

Name: Admiral Trench
Wookiepedia article: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Trench
Current equipment: 35th CIS Battle Fleet
-Providence Class Dreadnought Deathless (larger variant)
-2x Providence Class Dreadnoughts (regular variant)
-4x Lucrehulk Class Battleships
-8x Recusant Class Light Cruisers (3x larger variants, 5x stock variants)
-15x Munificent Class Star Frigates
RP sample (link): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=445172&p=36002230&sid=21aa5c79c67206a5c53a45d4060f2e8a#p36002230

Always liked Admiral Trench for some reason; I believe it’s partly due to his supposed military genius, and partly due to his awesome voice and that clicking he makes
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:26 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:How early in the Clone Wars are we? First-year? First months? First weeks?

Battle of Christophsis happen yet? Fall of the Malevolence?

We're currently at the Battle of Kashyyk.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

The East African Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The East African Commonwealth » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:53 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:I plan on making maybe one or two more characters, but for now, here's our favourite Arachnid!

-Providence Class Dreadnought Invincible (larger variant)
-8x Recusant Class Light Cruisers
RP sample (link): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=445172&p=36002230&sid=21aa5c79c67206a5c53a45d4060f2e8a#p36002230

Always liked Admiral Trench for some reason; I believe it’s partly due to his supposed military genius, and partly due to his awesome voice and that clicking he makes

Approved

And we moved kashyyyk up to right after the battle of Ryloth so its early in the war still.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:24 pm

The East African Commonwealth wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:I plan on making maybe one or two more characters, but for now, here's our favourite Arachnid!

-Providence Class Dreadnought Invincible (larger variant)
-8x Recusant Class Light Cruisers

Approved

And we moved kashyyyk up to right after the battle of Ryloth so its early in the war still.

Thanks! Now where to start....
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Warg or Antic

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The East African Commonwealth » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:34 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Thanks! Now where to start....

Kashyyyk or Naos are our two events atm

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Orostan wrote:
Brusia wrote:Sure, if the OP has no objections, I'd be down for a battle :)

Great! I only am bringing a few ships, is it alright if we keep the battle small? We can always come back to Kashyyk with bigger forces.

Is that officially your entire fleet command?
Call me Warg or Antic

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:53 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Orostan wrote:Great! I only am bringing a few ships, is it alright if we keep the battle small? We can always come back to Kashyyk with bigger forces.

Is that officially your entire fleet command?

For Kashyyk. I don't plan on my character regularly leading huge fleets until later.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Orostan wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Is that officially your entire fleet command?

For Kashyyk. I don't plan on my character regularly leading huge fleets until later.

You need any help there later after the skirmish?
Call me Warg or Antic

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:58 pm

The East African Commonwealth wrote:And we moved kashyyyk up to right after the battle of Ryloth so its early in the war still.

Right, so Christophsis was a few weeks after Geonosis and Ryloth a few months, so that means Trench is in his cyborg form now

Could have it where he’s just recently returned to service or something
Call me Warg or Antic

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The East African Commonwealth » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:21 pm

The East African Commonwealth wrote:And we moved kashyyyk up to right after the battle of Ryloth so its early in the war still.

Right, so Christophsis was a few weeks after Geonosis and Ryloth a few months, so that means Trench is in his cyborg form now

Could have it where he’s just recently returned to service or something

Dont see why not

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:34 pm

Orostan wrote:For Kashyyk. I don't plan on my character regularly leading huge fleets until later.

You need any help there later after the skirmish?

Sure, we can have some interesting RP. I want to have a coup against Dooku later.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Orostan wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:You need any help there later after the skirmish?

Sure, we can have some interesting RP. I want to have a coup against Dooku later.

You might be able to bring Trench over if you give him enough....incentive

He was a merc afterall
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Warg or Antic

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:46 am

Custom Faction

Faction Name: Sand Pact
Faction Alignment: CIS
Government Type: Collection of Oligarchs and Warlords led by a supreme Warlord
Leader: Jundland General
Claim: Tatooine
Military Size:
Overall Population of Tatooine is 200.000. Let's be generous and say 50.000 of those are Tuskens. Then let's be generous and assume they are a tribal society and men are basically all hunters/warriors. Let's assume that society is split 50/50 between males and females. Let's also assume that society is split 50/50 between people of fighting age and people unfit for service (elders, children). Let's make the same, extremely generous assumption for Jawas.
Jundland General's Warband
-12.500 Tusken Raiders
-12.500 Jawa Raiders
126th Confederate Rear Corps
-109.200 B1 Battle Droids
-2.000 B2 Super Battle Droids
-100 Droidekas
-18 AAT-1 Hover Tanks
-36 Vulture Droid Fighters
-6 C9979 Landing Craft
-1 Munificent Frigate named "Blazing Sands"
-5.000 Droids of all variations in supporting roles
Background:
Civil unrest had been growing for a long time on the lawless planet known as Tatooine, where only the barest sliver of peace and civility was being held up...and not even by Republic authorities but by Criminal Cartels such as the Hutt Cartel. And the Cartels cared little for the politics or cultures of the inhabitants of the desert, limiting their ordering presence to the settlements. It allowed the rise of a certain Tusken Warlord, called the Jundland General due to the area of Tatooine he came from as well as his generally very militaristic ideology, who showed generally more cunning and diplomacy than his brethren. He started his conquests by cementing an actual alliance between some Jawas and his tribe, expanding on the prior established, shaky non-aggression pact between the two peoples. Now augmenting his troops with tech scavenged by the Jawas, raising their general combat worth somewhat, he decided to unite the Tusken tribes for he had one great goal in mind.

The sands belong to the sandpeople!

Over the following years, the Jundland General would proceed to unite the people of the desert. Those who would not join him voluntarily, would be forced to join him by the force of his arms. This led to the creation of the greatest host assembled on Tatooine ever since...well ever since the planet was turned into a desert. It was this force that, unknown to Anakin, was ultimately behind Shmi's abduction and untimely death. With the beginning of the Clone Wars, the Jundland General had seen the opportunity to reclaim the planet for its true peole and as such had started probing attacks against the foreign colonizers. He was mostly threatening the isolated moisture farms out in the wild lands that he was basically controlling at this point. They were easy targets and his attacks against them were little more than probing attacks.

However, as the Clone Wars picked up in scale and pace, so too did the war on Tatooine. Moisture farms went silent one after another and soon after so did the first larger settlements, silenced permanently by the emboldened Sandarmy. The Jundland General utilized the abilities and equipment of the troops under his command to their greatest effect, regularly surprising criminals from syndicates and cartels who thought they could stop his host. It didn't take long and only Mos Espa, Mos Eisley and Jabba's Palace were left free of the Sandpeople's rule. Though that was not to be for long. Knowing that the cities would surrender if Jabba, their primary protector, fell, the Jundland General decided on a full on assault against Jabba's Palace.

Now the siege was thought to become a tough and bloody one. Jabba had assembled mercenaries and criminals from all over the galaxy to protect his palace and the old O'marr monastery had been greatly fortified by him. Yet the Jundland General used a weapon he had so far kept in reserve. The Jawas' Sand Crawlers. As the massive mining machines slowly crept towards the palace, the vast majority of the people inside could well imagine what these would do to its thick walls and thus Jabba as well as all of his subordinates important or quick enough to to go evacuated by using Jabba's luxurious barge, the Sandpeople having nothing of similar speed to catch up to it. The Jundland General destroyed the palace nonetheless, as it was yet another symbol of foreign intrusion on Tatooine soil. Mos Eisley and Mos Espa indeed surrendered, shortly after Jabba left the planet to join up with the his Hutt compatriots. The Jundland General, espousing in nationalist rethoric, whipped his people, who still made up half the population of Tatooine, into a frenzy and soon enough he created what could only be called slave labour camps. Thousands of people from all races were sent there en masse, working the little industry existing on Tatooine or the Moisture Farms for the ruling Sandpeople.

All the while this was happening, the Jundland General sought a new ally. He knew that Jabba had lost an immense amount of prestige among the Hutts with his defeat. Afterall, he had been kicked off a worthless planet by savage natives. The Hutts wouldn't help him anytime soon. However, Jabba had vast resources on his own and could muster an own army to attempt to reclaim Tatooine for himself. There was only one way for the Jundland General to prevent this from happening, which was to align with a larger faction that would make even Jabba think twice about opposing it. And there was but one faction large enough to do so and also willing enough to ally with him despite his actions towards the human and other alien species on his planet.

The Jundland General aligned himself with the Confederacy of Indepedent Systems, pledging his planet and meagre forces to the cause. In return he nearly immediately received a Separatist Droid Corps...though it was really understrength and mostly made up of rear line troops. Separatist Leadership not really wishing to spend too much for some backwater planet that had at best some use as a base to launch attacks from and little more. Still, for the Jundland General and his forces this was an incredibly generous gift as it increased their army size by more than 500% and gave them heavy weaponry. Now his hold on Tatooine was strong enough to not be broken unless the Republic itself were to come and put an end to him and his reign.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The East African Commonwealth » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Custom Faction

Faction Name: Sand Pact
Faction Alignment: CIS
Government Type: Collection of Oligarchs and Warlords led by a supreme Warlord
Leader: Jundland General
Claim: Tatooine
Military Size:
Overall Population of Tatooine is 200.000. Let's be generous and say 50.000 of those are Tuskens. Then let's be generous and assume they are a tribal society and men are basically all hunters/warriors. Let's assume that society is split 50/50 between males and females. Let's also assume that society is split 50/50 between people of fighting age and people unfit for service (elders, children). Let's make the same, extremely generous assumption for Jawas.
Jundland General's Warband
-12.500 Tusken Raiders
-12.500 Jawa Raiders
126th Confederate Rear Corps
-109.200 B1 Battle Droids
-2.000 B2 Super Battle Droids
-100 Droidekas
-18 AAT-1 Hover Tanks
-36 Vulture Droid Fighters
-6 C9979 Landing Craft
-1 Munificent Frigate named "Blazing Sands"
-5.000 Droids of all variations in supporting roles
Background:
Civil unrest had been growing for a long time on the lawless planet known as Tatooine, where only the barest sliver of peace and civility was being held up...and not even by Republic authorities but by Criminal Cartels such as the Hutt Cartel. And the Cartels cared little for the politics or cultures of the inhabitants of the desert, limiting their ordering presence to the settlements. It allowed the rise of a certain Tusken Warlord, called the Jundland General due to the area of Tatooine he came from as well as his generally very militaristic ideology, who showed generally more cunning and diplomacy than his brethren. He started his conquests by cementing an actual alliance between some Jawas and his tribe, expanding on the prior established, shaky non-aggression pact between the two peoples. Now augmenting his troops with tech scavenged by the Jawas, raising their general combat worth somewhat, he decided to unite the Tusken tribes for he had one great goal in mind.

The sands belong to the sandpeople!

Over the following years, the Jundland General would proceed to unite the people of the desert. Those who would not join him voluntarily, would be forced to join him by the force of his arms. This led to the creation of the greatest host assembled on Tatooine ever since...well ever since the planet was turned into a desert. It was this force that, unknown to Anakin, was ultimately behind Shmi's abduction and untimely death. With the beginning of the Clone Wars, the Jundland General had seen the opportunity to reclaim the planet for its true peole and as such had started probing attacks against the foreign colonizers. He was mostly threatening the isolated moisture farms out in the wild lands that he was basically controlling at this point. They were easy targets and his attacks against them were little more than probing attacks.

However, as the Clone Wars picked up in scale and pace, so too did the war on Tatooine. Moisture farms went silent one after another and soon after so did the first larger settlements, silenced permanently by the emboldened Sandarmy. The Jundland General utilized the abilities and equipment of the troops under his command to their greatest effect, regularly surprising criminals from syndicates and cartels who thought they could stop his host. It didn't take long and only Mos Espa, Mos Eisley and Jabba's Palace were left free of the Sandpeople's rule. Though that was not to be for long. Knowing that the cities would surrender if Jabba, their primary protector, fell, the Jundland General decided on a full on assault against Jabba's Palace.

Now the siege was thought to become a tough and bloody one. Jabba had assembled mercenaries and criminals from all over the galaxy to protect his palace and the old O'marr monastery had been greatly fortified by him. Yet the Jundland General used a weapon he had so far kept in reserve. The Jawas' Sand Crawlers. As the massive mining machines slowly crept towards the palace, the vast majority of the people inside could well imagine what these would do to its thick walls and thus Jabba as well as all of his subordinates important or quick enough to to go evacuated by using Jabba's luxurious barge, the Sandpeople having nothing of similar speed to catch up to it. The Jundland General destroyed the palace nonetheless, as it was yet another symbol of foreign intrusion on Tatooine soil. Mos Eisley and Mos Espa indeed surrendered, shortly after Jabba left the planet to join up with the his Hutt compatriots. The Jundland General, espousing in nationalist rethoric, whipped his people, who still made up half the population of Tatooine, into a frenzy and soon enough he created what could only be called slave labour camps. Thousands of people from all races were sent there en masse, working the little industry existing on Tatooine or the Moisture Farms for the ruling Sandpeople.

All the while this was happening, the Jundland General sought a new ally. He knew that Jabba had lost an immense amount of prestige among the Hutts with his defeat. Afterall, he had been kicked off a worthless planet by savage natives. The Hutts wouldn't help him anytime soon. However, Jabba had vast resources on his own and could muster an own army to attempt to reclaim Tatooine for himself. There was only one way for the Jundland General to prevent this from happening, which was to align with a larger faction that would make even Jabba think twice about opposing it. And there was but one faction large enough to do so and also willing enough to ally with him despite his actions towards the human and other alien species on his planet.

The Jundland General aligned himself with the Confederacy of Indepedent Systems, pledging his planet and meagre forces to the cause. In return he nearly immediately received a Separatist Droid Corps...though it was really understrength and mostly made up of rear line troops. Separatist Leadership not really wishing to spend too much for some backwater planet that had at best some use as a base to launch attacks from and little more. Still, for the Jundland General and his forces this was an incredibly generous gift as it increased their army size by more than 500% and gave them heavy weaponry. Now his hold on Tatooine was strong enough to not be broken unless the Republic itself were to come and put an end to him and his reign.

I am going to have to ask you to rework some of this as there have been a few fair points brought up about the Sand People and Technology that would conflict with lore and your claim. Could you instead use one of the cities on the planet and go from there instead of the sand people?
Last edited by The East African Commonwealth on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 pm

> Sand People working with Jawas
> Sand People taking back Tatooine (Tbh not that far fetched)
> Sand People working with outsiders/foreigners
> Sand People using outsider technology

I'm sorry, what.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The East African Commonwealth » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Ormata wrote:> Sand People working with Jawas

I'm sorry, what.

Weren't they originally an intelligent race that fought against the hutts and were forced to retreat and hide in the desert? I could be wrong on that hence why I am asking

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:46 pm

I'm sorry, what.

Weren't they originally an intelligent race that fought against the hutts and were forced to retreat and hide in the desert? I could be wrong on that hence why I am asking

They were originally a slave race under the Rakata Infinite Empire who, after having worked under it, rebelled. The Rakatans then orbitally bombarded the planet, left, and the Sand People have been in the desert ever since.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The East African Commonwealth » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Ormata wrote:They were originally a slave race under the Rakata Infinite Empire who, after having worked under it, rebelled. The Rakatans then orbitally bombarded the planet, left, and the Sand People have been in the desert ever since.

Why would it be an issue with them using foreign weapons or working with Jawas? They really are unable to take back the planet on their own and it makes sense if the person who united the clans made them open to new ideas.

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:07 pm

Ormata wrote:They were originally a slave race under the Rakata Infinite Empire who, after having worked under it, rebelled. The Rakatans then orbitally bombarded the planet, left, and the Sand People have been in the desert ever since.

Why would it be an issue with them using foreign weapons or working with Jawas? They really are unable to take back the planet on their own and it makes sense if the person who united the clans made them open to new ideas.

Because culturally it makes no sense. Tusken see outsider technology, heck offworlder technology, in the framing of their own mythology. The Rakatans who came before, known to the Tusken as the Builders, used technology to the extreme and as such the Tusken connect offworlders to the Rataka in the sense of descendants. They think that they are connected to the land and that things which separate them from it is not to be allowed, so the use of starships also doesn't make sense. In effect, any form of technology or clothing used by offworlders is believed to separate them from the land and is considered sacrilege. Those who use it are attacked.

The fact that the Tusken have an oral tradition and that they kill anyone who makes the mistake of a single word in that oral tradition (quite literally in fact) makes it all the more stark that these things would be remembered.

If someone united the clans and then immediately suggested that they work with offworlders, that person would be very, very dead.
Last edited by Ormata on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The East African Commonwealth » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Ormata wrote:
The East African Commonwealth wrote:Why would it be an issue with them using foreign weapons or working with Jawas? They really are unable to take back the planet on their own and it makes sense if the person who united the clans made them open to new ideas.

Because culturally it makes no sense. Tusken see outsider technology, heck offworlder technology, in the framing of their own mythology. The Rakatans who came before, known to the Tusken as the Builders, used technology to the extreme and as such the Tusken connect offworlders to the Rataka in the sense of descendants. They think that they are connected to the land and that things which separate them from it is not to be allowed, so the use of starships also doesn't make sense. In effect, any form of technology or clothing used by offworlders is believed to separate them from the land and is considered sacrilege. Those who use it are attacked.

The fact that the Tusken have an oral tradition and that they kill anyone who makes the mistake of a single word in that oral tradition (quite literally in fact) makes it all the more stark that these things would be remembered.

If someone united the clans and then immediately suggested that they work with offworlders, that person would be very, very dead.

Huh I didnt realize that, thank you for the input.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:57 pm

I'm sorry, what.

Tuskens lorewise have a tentatively peaceful relationship with the Jawas. The Jawas of all people. Peaceful. With the Tuskens of all people.

I'm sorry but an alliance with the Jawas isn't that far fetched from that point onward.

And once you have that, you need to ask yourself, are things REALLY seen that strictly? And where did they get those cycler rifles from? Why'd they try to scavenge Luke's landspeeder? Did they really just randomly sit on the podracing track or were they hired? Was Shmi Skywalker just randomly abducted or was this a plot by Sidious, considering that one of the original screenplays of Ep. III had someone claim responsibility for it. The Tuskens suffer from poorly established lore or actions as well as a ton of grey and black zones. No surprise since they're just a bunch of sand people and nothing interesting to most.

Besides, you ain't getting no tech past the Jawas. Compromises would have to be made, most likely to not import further tech for direct use and just live off scavenging what's already there.

A CIS alignment is a necessity that every leader worth half his salt could see. And while yes, the Tuskens are unlikely to leave the planet at all or have much to do with the droids, I never implied them to do so. They're busy running their concentration farms. People going into space would likely be Jawas. Perhaps even the General. The CIS is a guarantee, both against the Hutts and against a large scale local uprising. And they're a better bunch of people to align with than the damned Hutts since they atleast claim to be fighting for the rights of the aliens/oppressed races in the Republic.

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

I'm sorry, what.

Tuskens lorewise have a tentatively peaceful relationship with the Jawas. The Jawas of all people. Peaceful. With the Tuskens of all people.

I'm sorry but an alliance with the Jawas isn't that far fetched from that point onward.

And once you have that, you need to ask yourself, are things REALLY seen that strictly? And where did they get those cycler rifles from? Why'd they try to scavenge Luke's landspeeder? Did they really just randomly sit on the podracing track or were they hired? Was Shmi Skywalker just randomly abducted or was this a plot by Sidious, considering that one of the original screenplays of Ep. III had someone claim responsibility for it. The Tuskens suffer from poorly established lore or actions as well as a ton of grey and black zones. No surprise since they're just a bunch of sand people and nothing interesting to most.

Besides, you ain't getting no tech past the Jawas. Compromises would have to be made, most likely to not import further tech for direct use and just live off scavenging what's already there.

A CIS alignment is a necessity that every leader worth half his salt could see. And while yes, the Tuskens are unlikely to leave the planet at all or have much to do with the droids, I never implied them to do so. They're busy running their concentration farms. People going into space would likely be Jawas. Perhaps even the General. The CIS is a guarantee, both against the Hutts and against a large scale local uprising. And they're a better bunch of people to align with than the damned Hutts since they atleast claim to be fighting for the rights of the aliens/oppressed races in the Republic.

I don't know where you have the 'Jawas are peaceful with Tuskens' thing, so I'd love to know that...since you know. That's your springboard here.

As for the cycler rifles, it's obvious that these are self made weapons that are possibly somewhat ancestral. For trying to scavenge the landspeeder, it's likely they weren't scavenging, but searching for any outsiders hidden to kill. For the podracing track, I frankly have no idea and honestly doubt them being hired. I won't even dignify the idea of Sidious being involved because to be frank that's idiotic.

Because being hired means you've been offered something you value and the Tuskens don't value anything an offworlder has to offer.

I'm glad you've figured out that the Tuskens have been used as a plot device more than they've been used as a people. It's almost like the Prequels had some issues, narrative-wise. A CIS alignment would also require the fact that the CIS are willing to, effectively, risk their neck for a random planet of tribal barbarians and scheming twits. Tatooine, if it's just a bunch of Tusken and Jawas, is worth nothing. Heck, even with your...'concentration farms', which I have no idea what they are and so won't comment, it's probably still worth nothing. Tatooine would be beneficial only if it was strategically placed, which it isn't to my knowledge. As such, it presents only the risk of conflict with the Hutts. Even if the Hutts didn't outright just try to take the planet (Which to be frank they could), it most definitely would ensure that the Hutts would throw all their money and intelligence resources behind the Republic.

This stated, congrats! You've earned a solid ally for the Republic. Go us. Or something.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:00 am

Ormata wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Tuskens lorewise have a tentatively peaceful relationship with the Jawas. The Jawas of all people. Peaceful. With the Tuskens of all people.

I don't know where you have the 'Jawas are peaceful with Tuskens' thing, so I'd love to know that...since you know. That's your springboard here.

As for the cycler rifles, it's obvious that these are self made weapons that are possibly somewhat ancestral. For trying to scavenge the landspeeder, it's likely they weren't scavenging, but searching for any outsiders hidden to kill. For the podracing track, I frankly have no idea and honestly doubt them being hired. I won't even dignify the idea of Sidious being involved because to be frank that's idiotic.

Because being hired means you've been offered something you value and the Tuskens don't value anything an offworlder has to offer.

I'm glad you've figured out that the Tuskens have been used as a plot device more than they've been used as a people. It's almost like the Prequels had some issues, narrative-wise. A CIS alignment would also require the fact that the CIS are willing to, effectively, risk their neck for a random planet of tribal barbarians and scheming twits. Tatooine, if it's just a bunch of Tusken and Jawas, is worth nothing. Heck, even with your...'concentration farms', which I have no idea what they are and so won't comment, it's probably still worth nothing. Tatooine would be beneficial only if it was strategically placed, which it isn't to my knowledge. As such, it presents only the risk of conflict with the Hutts. Even if the Hutts didn't outright just try to take the planet (Which to be frank they could), it most definitely would ensure that the Hutts would throw all their money and intelligence resources behind the Republic.

This stated, congrats! You've earned a solid ally for the Republic. Go us. Or something.

Jawas had a tentative peaceful relationship with the Tusken Raiders, or "Sand People," an aggressive species also native to Tatooine. However, the Jawas preferred to avoid the Sand People when possible due to their unpredictable nature.

And no, the Cycler Rifles are unlikely to be ancestral or self made. First question would be...where do you get the materials for making such a rifle on a planet such as this one? Not to mention the technology involved in even just making energy coated slugthrowers. No, it's more likely that this is a scavenged weapon from Czerka Corp. For one because it bears quite the similarity tot he 6-2Aug2 hunting rifle from Czerka Arms...which makes sense considering that Czerka Corp. was the one behind the unsuccessful mining operations on Tatooine that gave the Jawas their Sand Crawlers. On top of that the Tuskens are known to modify their rifles with more advanced scopes as well as improved firing chambers. The heck how to do that while acting like it's the Devil's work itself?

Right. When was the last time you saw Luke's landspeeder? Practically a board with an engine and two seats in it. Nay. The Wikis agree with me here that they were trying to scavenge the landspeeder.

The hiring issue is something that remains tied with how harsh and strict Tuskens are on their stuff. If they are indeed not too picky when it Comes to scavenging, there's a wide variety to offer...and even if there's not, there are still many things of worth an offworlder could offer. Like water. Or Banthas. Besides, there's literally a canon example of dealings with the Tusken, that being the deal Cobb Vanth struck with the Tusken for the protection of Freetown. A deal made over water and a pearl from the belly of a Krayt Dragon and which saw the Tuskens of all People going in and dealing with raiders and liberating the town. So no, it is very much possible to hire Tuskens. And they are clearly not as averse to others as one would think.

Also...as for Jabba...you realize the Separatists already ruined their relations with him when they kidnapped his son? He's already pledged his assistance to the Republic. So no, technically the Separatists aren't risking their neck for some practically worthless dudes for a conflict with the Hutts, they're just taking in yet another ally in their own efforts against the Hutts.

As for importance, Wookiepedia states that Mos Espa is a regionally important trade hub but that's already it. I'm not claiming that the planet or the Tuskens and Jawas have anything of any importance themselves. However, you are quite wrong about its strategic location. As far as I'm aware, Tatooine is right next to Geonosis, one of the Separatists Primary Droid Production and Development Planets. One could compare it to Iwo Jima really, in that it itself is not really worth anything but its close proximity to the Japanese Home Islands (or Geonosis in this case) makes it valuable to both sides. For the CIS it can serve as a form of early warning station of incoming enemy vessels as well as as a base for interception of enemy fleets gunning for Geonosis, potentially catching them before they start bombing or invading Geonosis and disrupting droid production. For the Republic on the other Hand it is literally a base right next to Geonosis and I don't think I need to say anything else.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:14 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Jawas had a tentative peaceful relationship with the Tusken Raiders, or "Sand People," an aggressive species also native to Tatooine. However, the Jawas preferred to avoid the Sand People when possible due to their unpredictable nature.

And no, the Cycler Rifles are unlikely to be ancestral or self made. First question would be...where do you get the materials for making such a rifle on a planet such as this one? Not to mention the technology involved in even just making energy coated slugthrowers. No, it's more likely that this is a scavenged weapon from Czerka Corp. For one because it bears quite the similarity tot he 6-2Aug2 hunting rifle from Czerka Arms...which makes sense considering that Czerka Corp. was the one behind the unsuccessful mining operations on Tatooine that gave the Jawas their Sand Crawlers. On top of that the Tuskens are known to modify their rifles with more advanced scopes as well as improved firing chambers. The heck how to do that while acting like it's the Devil's work itself?

Right. When was the last time you saw Luke's landspeeder? Practically a board with an engine and two seats in it. Nay. The Wikis agree with me here that they were trying to scavenge the landspeeder.

The hiring issue is something that remains tied with how harsh and strict Tuskens are on their stuff. If they are indeed not too picky when it Comes to scavenging, there's a wide variety to offer...and even if there's not, there are still many things of worth an offworlder could offer. Like water. Or Banthas. Besides, there's literally a canon example of dealings with the Tusken, that being the deal Cobb Vanth struck with the Tusken for the protection of Freetown. A deal made over water and a pearl from the belly of a Krayt Dragon and which saw the Tuskens of all People going in and dealing with raiders and liberating the town. So no, it is very much possible to hire Tuskens. And they are clearly not as averse to others as one would think.

Also...as for Jabba...you realize the Separatists already ruined their relations with him when they kidnapped his son? He's already pledged his assistance to the Republic. So no, technically the Separatists aren't risking their neck for some practically worthless dudes for a conflict with the Hutts, they're just taking in yet another ally in their own efforts against the Hutts.

As for importance, Wookiepedia states that Mos Espa is a regionally important trade hub but that's already it. I'm not claiming that the planet or the Tuskens and Jawas have anything of any importance themselves. However, you are quite wrong about its strategic location. As far as I'm aware, Tatooine is right next to Geonosis, one of the Separatists Primary Droid Production and Development Planets. One could compare it to Iwo Jima really, in that it itself is not really worth anything but its close proximity to the Japanese Home Islands (or Geonosis in this case) makes it valuable to both sides. For the CIS it can serve as a form of early warning station of incoming enemy vessels as well as as a base for interception of enemy fleets gunning for Geonosis, potentially catching them before they start bombing or invading Geonosis and disrupting droid production. For the Republic on the other Hand it is literally a base right next to Geonosis and I don't think I need to say anything else.

I retract all statements, then. I'll enjoy slaughtering the Tuskens, I suppose.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse