NATION

PASSWORD

Walk With Me Through the Black House (OOC/Sign-Up)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Sorry the post was late, guys, but it's up! A few notes:

First, I know it's not terribly clear in the post but I couldn't think of a way to work it into the narration in a way that wouldn't disrupt the flow, but, when Bouchard goes around the chapel for introductions, he begins at one end with Eve, then Hannah, then goes down the row and eventually circles back to the row behind them, where Giulia is sitting behind Eve (and will be her reading partner) and Maggie is behind Hannah (and will be her partner).

Second, on the layout of the hospital, I was going to have a map ready for you all, but RL has really gotten a bit messy and I haven't had the time. What I was going to do was edit the actual floor plan of Millbank Prison (the London prison on which I loosely based Mezieu) to better-fit my needs and the narrative, mostly by downsizing it slightly. I must have jinxed it by uttering the immortal words, "How hard could it be?" Turns out it wasn't terribly difficult in Photoshop, but it was rather tedious. I'll still try to get a proper map finished at some point, but, in the mean time, I'll share the map of Millbank that I've been using as a visual aide up to this point. The main differences between Mezieu and Millbank are that the former has fewer cells per ward and is only two stories tall instead of three. All four of our patient characters are housed in the Fourth Pentagon (top left) with Eve staying in Ward B, Giulia in the last cell in Ward A before Ward D, and Hannah and Lena sharing the first cell in Ward D next to Giulia's cell.
Last edited by Fanaglia on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Yasuragi
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Yasuragi » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:19 pm

PATIENT CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Jacqueline Bisset
Nationality: Fanaglian (Cynfeli)
Physical Description: While still reasonably young, Jacqueline's face bears the lines of many more years than she has lived - a testament to the trials and tribulations of her life. She is tired, profoundly so, both mentally and physically, and often walks with a slight stoop or hitch in her step. Her blond hair, quite long, is her pride and joy - inasmuch as she is allowed either in the institution - but it too is fading and thinning, and often has many knots or split ends that she spends countless hours attempting to tend to.

Her body and physical graces are fairly unremarkable in other aspects - neither plump nor skinny, neither tall nor short, not graceful nor clumsy. She does not enchant others with her wit or looks, but people do not recoil from her appearance or attempts at conversation.
Years Spent in Mental Institutions: 7
Reason for Institutionalization (Official or Otherwise): Murder, pleading innocent by reason of criminal insanity.
Actual Mental Health: Deeply depressed, slightly narcissistic, prone to occasional bouts of grandeur/religious delusion. Occasionally violent without guilt, but rarely openly out of fear of orderly intervention (sociopathic, I suppose?).
Former Occupation (if any): Baker's wife, seamstress
Ward Class (First, Second, or Third): Likely third? Possibly second if those spots are given on the basis of good behavior and/or length of stay?
Responsible Party (Family, close friends, or the State): State, committed by order of the court.
Brief Biography: Born to reasonably situated farming family, young Jacqueline grew up learning valuable skills that would serve her well when, at the age of 16, she went to the textile mills along the banks of the Roussir. There, living in company housing, her deepening faith led her to live chastely and modestly, sending what paltry earnings she could eke out back to her family. This would change when at the age of 18, she met Victor Bisset, the son - and heir - of a baker in the town. A short whirlwind courtship later, the two were wed, and a son soon followed. Too soon, a few whispered, but there was reasonable doubt, and all agreed that the family was quite lovely, kind, and pleasant.

Two more children followed, another son when Jacqueline was 20 and a daughter when she was 21. With a large family, however, things grew strained. Annoyed with the lack of attention from his previously loving wife, as well as her changed appearance in the wake of multiple pregnancies, Victor began an affair with another seamstress, but it was not long before Jacqueline learned the truth. Driven mad by her husband's infidelity - so she claimed - she confronted the seamstress in the company housing, and subsequently clubbed the young woman, Alice, to death with a loom shuttle.

From there, her crimes of passion turned cold, and she served her family a sweet-smelling meal filled with all manners of natural and alchemical poisons she could procure. Authorities were unable to determine the cause of death for the members, as Jacqueline subsequently set fire to the bakers' shop, and, while the members of the neighborhood were occupied in forming bucket chains, walked barefoot to the nearest church to confess her sins and await imprisonment.

The courts had little need to wait for investigation, as Jacqueline confessed to everything, even providing details the court could not reasonably prove itself. However, the sheer scale of her criminal actions and the calm manner in which she comported herself despite the sins she had committed -- plus the intervention of the priest to whom she had confessed -- convinced the court to commit her to the care of l'Hopital Mezieu, presumably never to emerge from beyond its walls.
RP Sample (Past a Link): Uh....
Last edited by Yasuragi on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yasuragi
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Yasuragi » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Apologies for the length of time it took to get this up - Fan, your bad luck seemingly infected me in early November, and then the holidays hit during Thanksgiving!

Fear not, though; I am here now!

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Woohoo! Welcome aboard, Mish! Accepted, of course :)
You can go ahead and write yourself into the story pretty much however you see fit -- I'd accept just poofing her to the auditions, or you can have her stay in her cell -- we could put her in the neighboring third-class cell to Lena and Hannah for the sake of convenience, since I've already made NPC's for her other two cellmates, or we could retcon Carla and make her cellmates with Lena, Hannah, and Antonella. She could also be Giulia's cellmate on Lena and Hannah's other side, but she would have to have family or something on the outside paying for it -- wards of the state are housed in the third-class wards.

In other news, I imagine the holidays hit us all pretty hard (barely enough wine in the world for me to survive Thanksgiving, but I made it), so I'll give everybody an extra week to get a post up before I move things along, likely on Sunday or Monday. Looking forward to everyone's posts!
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Yasuragi
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Yasuragi » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:31 am

Post up!

Fan, I took your advice and basically 'poofed' Jacqueline into the auditions -- the second section (after the line) is her response to Dr. Bouchard -- no need to have him respond since your following post has him departing.

With regards to the last section, reposting this: Uncertain who to actually begin practicing with - would anyone be interested in adding in that section? Otherwise, assume Jacqueline is quietly muttering to herself in a side section, repeating basic sentences with differing emphasis on words, as if she's uncertain what to emphasize in the various lines. And, of course, her projection and acting skills are hideous.

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:28 am

January 5 -- that's the deadline I'm giving myself to get a post up, since these holidays are a bunch of chaotic nonsense XD
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:27 am

Sorry to have missed my self-imposed deadline, folks. A series of personal tragedies and a broken-down car on the coattails of holiday chaos (and back-to-school chaos in my preschool classroom) have left me as busy as I have been depressed, which is always a fun combination. I'll try to get a post up by this weekend.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Update: Things really hit the fan vis a vis the tragedy I alluded to; it's been a really busy and emotional time for me, which is why it's been hard for me to give this RP the attention it deserves. I have made progress, though; I've got about 1/3 of a post written and may have it ready to post by tomorrow evening if all goes well. There's just a lot of moving parts in the background of this RP and I've had to re-learn a lot of what I've forgotten in the last...month of not posting among all the RL distractions and I need to make sure all of those moving parts are moving in the way they need to for all of our dots to connect and for our story to continue on
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:42 pm

Post is finally up!

We've got Lena and Nathalie continuing their conversation in the former's cell.

We've got Maggie probably scaring her rehearsal partner (Hannah) and inviting Jacqueline to join them.

We've got Giulia trying (and possibly failing) to get Eve to lighten up and have some fun.

I haven't forgotten about Estelle. PM's to come about that.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse