NATION

PASSWORD

The Esoterics: Devil's Whisper IC (Fantasy, Intrigue, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:28 am

Kosen Machi Palace

Arrindor narrowed his eyes. This man appears here suddenly, and acts this way? Who the hell even is he? He took a deep breath and turned towards Xavi, who he knew had attended the meeting. "Whatever," Arrindor said. "If you can't even converse with the Prince, I don't know why you would have the audacity to 'invoke' some ancient clause, especially as its clear your people wanted to remain independent of the mainland."

Xavi Cheristi, the State Chancellor, stepped down and approached the Frozen Horde. He shook his head at Arrindor's response. It was true that the Frozen Horde lacked any meaningful connection to the imperial government and its branching families, but they were not a group the government could afford to rebel if anything went wrong. This was always the problem with the nobles. They were just a bunch of rich kids masquerading as adults. In fact, this nation was more of a confederacy, with the neighboring cities such as Sanri and Azukana being rivals to Ryobei. The Jikosuro and Kamuri only agreed to work together to fight a common enemy, and their leading families could team up to take down the Cheristi if it got that far. The late Emperor realized this, and that's why he pushed for democracy. While his two sons didn't care for the throne, he could have easily just appointed a regent. But as the Emperor saw the deteriorating relations between each family and group in the land, a united empire seemed more and more unattainable.

"I beg your pardon, nobles," Xavi said calmly, a stark contrast from Arrindor's cutting response. "The Frozen Horde, despite their geographic distance, is still seen as Salyan. Therefore, your concerns will be heard and addressed. We need to discuss this matter a bit more, and as the Prince said, your people have preferred isolation. I believe we can meet a common ground as we hear what the issues are"

Censorate's Palace

Maurikael Cheristi sat in the Arbitration Censorate's Palace in Ryobei, talking to Diva about the arrangements for his "safety." While the Arbitrator didn't expect Diva to just accept this at a moment's notice, his concerns were not only valid, but also gave more indication of his personality to Maurikael. Hmm, so he is questioning why I'm doing this.

"Your Highness, the Machi Yin guard and servant will simply stay with you as you're in public. When you seek personal time, both the guard and servant will leave you be, but will remain nearby in order to provide assistance and protection. You can do all the things you normally would. This is common procedure for the other Kosen Machi, and has been for decades. Take myself, for example. Your Highness, I have an absurd amount of servants at my disposal and many Machi Yin guarding my estate and the various Censorate members."
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:48 pm

Unity

She stood outside a nobles home, today she was guarding the outer gate along side some of the regular guards. Her armor was of a darker color and consisted only of a breastplate. She had three swords strapped to her person and Manny more thought the premises.

As she was preparing to leave her post for the night the guard who was supposed to take her post started talking to her, "There is a strange man walking around the nearby streets, I know that it isn't really your job but I think it might be best if you were to look out for him on your way home tonight. He looked rather menacing."

"I'll keep that in mind, thanks. And if he comes by and posses a threat signal me with your magic," she responded and walked away after the guard nodded.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Nightmare
He walks out of the city, returning to his normal form. "Finally." he leans against a tree, waiting. In less than five minuets Darkon lands in fron tof him. "You needed me boss?"
"I want you to be ready, our adversaries' turns end soon, and when they do, we'll make ours."
"You want me to get ready for complete assault?"
"No, we're not attacking, we're defending, at least that's what it should look like."
"As you wish." he turns around to leave.
"Also, you're going to have to answer to Arrindor for brief periods, he's essential to the well being of this plot."
"...Fine, but when will you dispose of him?"
"When He loses usefulness, like everyone else I dispose of."
"And I take it you're going to dispose of everyone eventually?"
"Of course, well, mostly...Don't be paranoid you're the last person I would want to dispose of."
"Thanks...I guess." Darkon gets a running start and flies off. Nightmare smiles, "A loyal servant, more so than most. Train them from a young age, and they won't depart from their teacings."
Diva
He rolls his eyes "Whatever, but if they get too involved, I will make it my goal to show you my displeasure." being who he is though, the prince's words carry very little threat. He has little to no way of keeping up with his threats.
Last edited by Frachen on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Rin(Ayato) and Taka

He was walking down the roads, he got a few off looks but otherwise he was ignored. He walked passed several decently sized homes and a lot of guards, but one guard who didn't seem to be on a post caught his attention. She had a silver hair that would be impossible to forget. Rin began to walk a little faster towards her, "Unity!"

Unity

She heard her name called out from behind her and saw something she wasn't expecting, her younger brother. "Rin what are you doing in Ryobei? Even better, why are you in the nobles district?"

"I was just wandering around," Rin's mannerisms were slightly different while talking to Unity, "I didn't expect to find you though."

"Why not? I work as a Noble's head guard, or did you forget that?" she flicked Rin's head. " I was just about to head to my house, come with me, we can talk for a bit?" Rin nodded and the two of them began to walk before Unity spoke again, "Hey, where is Taka?" In response to Unity's question Rin pulled back his robes and revealed the glowing blue sword. "I see, to hide her from people who may be afraid?"

"Yeah, and potentially other summoners," Rin looked around to watch for any strange gazes. There were none, so the continued towards Unity's house.

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:50 am

Maurikael's Family Estate
Jasmine and Sarin

Sarin was leaning against the wall of Jasmine's room in Maurikael's massive personal estate. Since finding her just an hour ago, Jasmine had been going in and out of consciousness, and now she was sweating profusely as a medical mage tended to her. It was a good thing we were able to locate her so soon, Sarin thought to himself. He shook his head and exited the room, closing the door behind him. Maurikael had used Jasmine to lure Diva to the Censorate's Palace, and Sarin had yet to hear about the results of the meeting. In the meantime, he pondered over the strong reaction Jasmine had after using Devil's Whisper. "So is the state she's currently in due to the fact that she hasn't used Devil's Whisper in years? Or would any use of that ability cause such detrimental effects?" Sarin asked himself these questions as thought about the future. While Jasmine's Esoteric Magic had the advantage of being incredibly subtle, the forced hospitalization immediately afterwards would negate the power's initial positive qualities. More experimentation was needed to ensure Jasmine wouldn't become more of a liability than she already was.

Censorate's Palace
Maurikael Cheristi

"I see," Maurikael said in response to the Prince's "threat." Despite his status as a possible inheritor of the throne, Maurikael had far more authority with his position as Imperial Arbitrator, and not to mention Jasmine. "I suggest giving it a try, your highness. But besides that, I believe our meeting here can conclude."

Maurikael stood and bowed. He opened the door and left the conference room. The arrangements for Diva would be prepared soon, but his main concern was Jasmine's health. Maurikael had a carriage waiting for him and entered it. Once he directed the driver, he pulled out a pen and began to write to Sumani, a Machi Yin Guard he knew.

Nobles District
Arrindor Cheristi

Following the sudden appearance of the northerners in the Kosen Machi Palace, Arrindor found himself getting uncharacteristically irritated. He decided to leave the Palace and the group's demands to Xavi, the State Chancellor. His own Essence was still recovering following his usage of his Celestial Alteration power a few hours earlier. He glanced at the sky, and even with the thick fog and numberless clouds, he could see dusk was quickly arriving. Might as well should just cause some trouble in the nobles district before I have to focus on whatever that Nightmare guy wants me to do, he thought. He wanted to use Celestial Alteration one more time before going to the Yuko Taisha temples in the north.

Arrindor still wore the typical imperial uniforms that were red and gold. The various silks and jewels endowed on his clothes made him stand out anywhere, and once he entered the noble's district, he decided on a prank. Arrindor always wore one gold earring on his left ear, and after blankly touching it, he smiled. He plucked off one jewel on his robes, and transferred his Essence to it. As he walked, the prince saw a group of Machi Yin guards, one of whom had a streak of silver hair. Once the Essence was transferred, the diamond shaped jewel was turned into a frog. He casually dropped it and directed it to travel to the guard and the other mages surrounding her. What made this funny to Arrindor wasn't the act of having a jewel being transmuted into a frog, but rather the confused faces of the targets. The frog hopped about, splashing in puddles as it got closer and closer to Rin and Unity.

Streets of Ryobei
Sumani Seigana

Sumani Seigana's shift was nearing its end. The Machi Yin checkpoint he was assigned to had no issues, and with his hours nearly fulfilled, he decided to take an early break. He told the other Machi Yin guards that they could go home while the next group will come to fill their place. He made himself a sandwich, and left the tower and strolled through the streets of the capital, with his hood covering him as the rain continued. For the last few years, the Machi Yin were the only thing that Sumani was really concerned about. His job as one of the handpicked mages to protect the city and the nobles consumed much of his daily life, and he was ever vigilant on continuing his role. The job paid him a lot, at least compared to what the money he was making running errands for the Seigana during his teenage years. The next sum of gold would arrive today, and he eagerly awaited it as he trekked home.

After about half an hour, Sumani heard strangle muffled noises and scuffling. He instinctively turned around, but was knocked over, with his sandwich bag falling onto the dirty streets. "What the hell?" Sumani exclaimed angrily. "My sandwich, it's all ruined.

"Aye, how about you watch where you're going, punk!"

Sumani, still shocked over the lost of his sandwich, slowly directed his eyes to the source of the voice. The man in question was relatively large, buff muscles, and had a annoyed look on his face. "You Machi Yin think you own the place. Go and kiss up to those obnoxious court nobles, you damn lowlife."

At this point, Sumani was becoming increasingly angry. "Lowlife? You're the one who ran into me, dumbass!" He stood up, and stared at the man who knocked him over. Despite the man's build, Sumani was trained by the elite fighting force of the empire. He could easily defeat this guy. But forget the traditional 'take down weaker opponents.' Sumani's favourite snack was now gone. A dark aura surrounded him, and what appeared to be streaks of black fumes rose from his body.

The man, who had thought he could take out Sumani, now backed up. "Wait a minute, I'm getting a really creepy, unfamiliar vibe from you!" He said this more to himself than to Sumani."Don't- don't move. Stay there!"

Sumani faced the man yet again, and spoke in an eerily calm manner. "My name is Sumani Seigana. I'm 24 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Ryobei, where all the commoners are, and I am not married. I work as a guard for the Imperial governemnt, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up."

The man now backed even further. "What...why are you telling me all this?"

Sumani continued. "I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone."

The black flames which surrounded Sumani were now transformed into a fully humanoid being. It stood at about seven feet tall, and had a skull for a face. It's arms were even more muscular than the delinquent Sumani encountered. The summoning had a pattern of alternating black and white stripes on its torso.

"I call what you're seeing right now, Heavenly Judgement. Cool name, isn't it?"

When Sumani didn't get a response he sighed and walked closer to the cowering man. "Please, I-I... I'm sorry. I won't-"

"Silence!" Sumani snapped. "Basically, you are a troublesome thing that would hinder my sleep, therefore my enemy. I'm going to eliminate you now, before you go around causing more trouble for anyone else."

Heavenly Judgement raised its arm and punched the man in the face, causing a large shock wave that sent him flying into the nearby river.
Last edited by Asardia on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:24 pm

Asardia wrote:Maurikael's Family Estate
Jasmine and Sarin

Sarin was leaning against the wall of Jasmine's room in Maurikael's massive personal estate. Since finding her just an hour ago, Jasmine had been going in and out of consciousness, and now she was sweating profusely as a medical mage tended to her. It was a good thing we were able to locate her so soon, Sarin thought to himself. He shook his head and exited the room, closing the door behind him. Maurikael had used Jasmine to lure Diva to the Censorate's Palace, and Sarin had yet to hear about the results of the meeting. In the meantime, he pondered over the strong reaction Jasmine had after using Devil's Whisper. "So is the state she's currently in due to the fact that she hasn't used Devil's Whisper in years? Or would any use of that ability cause such detrimental effects?" Sarin asked himself these questions as thought about the future. While Jasmine's Esoteric Magic had the advantage of being incredibly subtle, the forced hospitalization immediately afterwards would negate the power's initial positive qualities. More experimentation was needed to ensure Jasmine wouldn't become more of a liability than she already was.

Censorate's Palace
Maurikael Cheristi

"I see," Maurikael said in response to the Prince's "threat." Despite his status as a possible inheritor of the throne, Maurikael had far more authority with his position as Imperial Arbitrator, and not to mention Jasmine. "I suggest giving it a try, your highness. But besides that, I believe our meeting here can conclude."

Maurikael stood and bowed. He opened the door and left the conference room. The arrangements for Diva would be prepared soon, but his main concern was Jasmine's health. Maurikael had a carriage waiting for him and entered it. Once he directed the driver, he pulled out a pen and began to write to Sumani, a Machi Yin Guard he knew.

Nobles District
Arrindor Cheristi

Following the sudden appearance of the northerners in the Kosen Machi Palace, Arrindor found himself getting uncharacteristically irritated. He decided to leave the Palace and the group's demands to Xavi, the State Chancellor. His own Essence was still recovering following his usage of his Celestial Alteration power a few hours earlier. He glanced at the sky, and even with the thick fog and numberless clouds, he could see dusk was quickly arriving. Might as well should just cause some trouble in the nobles district before I have to focus on whatever that Nightmare guy wants me to do, he thought. He wanted to use Celestial Alteration one more time before going to the Yuko Taisha temples in the north.

Arrindor still wore the typical imperial uniforms that were red and gold. The various silks and jewels endowed on his clothes made him stand out anywhere, and once he entered the noble's district, he decided on a prank. Arrindor always wore one gold earring on his left ear, and after blankly touching it, he smiled. He plucked off one jewel on his robes, and transferred his Essence to it. As he walked, the prince saw a group of Machi Yin guards, one of whom had a streak of silver hair. Once the Essence was transferred, the diamond shaped jewel was turned into a frog. He casually dropped it and directed it to travel to the guard and the other mages surrounding her. What made this funny to Arrindor wasn't the act of having a jewel being transmuted into a frog, but rather the confused faces of the targets. The frog hopped about, splashing in puddles as it got closer and closer to Rin and Unity.

Streets of Ryobei
Sumani Seigana

Sumani Seigana's shift was nearing its end. The Machi Yin checkpoint he was assigned to had no issues, and with his hours nearly fulfilled, he decided to take an early break. He told the other Machi Yin guards that they could go home while the next group will come to fill their place. He made himself a sandwich, and left the tower and strolled through the streets of the capital, with his hood covering him as the rain continued. For the last few years, the Machi Yin were the only thing that Sumani was really concerned about. His job as one of the handpicked mages to protect the city and the nobles consumed much of his daily life, and he was ever vigilant on continuing his role. The job paid him a lot, at least compared to what the money he was making running errands for the Seigana during his teenage years. The next sum of gold would arrive today, and he eagerly awaited it as he trekked home.

After about half an hour, Sumani heard strangle muffled noises and scuffling. He instinctively turned around, but was knocked over, with his sandwich bag falling onto the dirty streets. "What the hell?" Sumani exclaimed angrily. "My sandwich, it's all ruined.

Sumani, still shocked over the lost of his sandwich, slowly directed his eyes to the source of the voice. The man in question was relatively large, buff muscles, and had a annoyed look on his face. "You Machi Yin think you own the place. Go and kiss up to those obnoxious court nobles, you damn lowlife."

At this point, Sumani was becoming increasingly angry. "Lowlife? You're the one who ran into me, dumbass!" He stood up, and stared at the man who knocked him over. Despite the man's build, Sumani was trained by the elite fighting force of the empire. He could easily defeat this guy. But forget the traditional 'take down weaker opponents.' Sumani's favourite snack was now gone. A dark aura surrounded him, and what appeared to be streaks of black fumes rose from his body.

The man, who had thought he could take out Sumani, now backed up. "Wait a minute, I'm getting a really creepy, unfamiliar vibe from you!" He said this more to himself than to Sumani."Don't- don't move. Stay there!"

Sumani faced the man yet again, and spoke in an eerily calm manner. "My name is Sumani Seigana. I'm 24 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Ryobei, where all the commoners are, and I am not married. I work as a guard for the Imperial governemnt, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up."

Sumani continued. "I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone."

The black flames which surrounded Sumani were now transformed into a fully humanoid being. It stood at about seven feet tall, and had a skull for a face. It's arms were even more muscular than the delinquent Sumani encountered. The summoning had a pattern of alternating black and white stripes on its torso.

When Sumani didn't get a response he sighed and walked closer to the cowering man. "Please, I-I... I'm sorry. I won't-"

"Silence!" Sumani snapped. "Basically, you are a troublesome thing that would hinder my sleep, therefore my enemy. I'm going to eliminate you now, before you go around causing more trouble for anyone else."

Heavenly Judgement raised its arm and punched the man in the face, causing a large shock wave that sent him flying into the nearby river.

Diva
He walks out of the palace, mildly angered. "Get a life, stop messing with mine." he says after Maurikael had left. He walks to a Marketplace and looks around. "Wonder if anyone sells alcohol here..." Finding nobody selling any at the moment, and that people are starting to notice him with mixed feelings, some bowing, others quickly turning back to their business, he walks off to return home. He orders one of the palace servants to get him something to drink and plops down on a couch.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Asardia wrote:
Maurikael's Family Estate
Jasmine and Sarin

Censorate's Palace
Maurikael Cheristi

Nobles District
Arrindor Cheristi

Streets of Ryobei
Sumani Seigana

Rin, Taka, and Unity

Rin heard the sound of splashing creeping up behind them, he turned around to see a frog hopping up behind them. He stopped walking and closed his eyes, slowly he drew his focus towards the frog, he was able to see an essence. "Someone is watching us," he slowly slide his hand onto the hilt of his sword, Unity quickly did the same.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Sumani's House, outskirts of Ryobei

Sumani Seigana was sulking as he entered his home. His sandwhich was ruined after the...incident with the hooligan minutes ago. He was no incensed that he decided to summon Heavenly Judgement to take him out, a decision which he has now began to pay for. Glad that ordeal only lasted about a minute. I already used a ridiculous amount of Essence dealing with my sandwich revenge battle

He opened his door and turned on the lantern in his room. He saw a letter on his bed and reached for it. It was stamped with the Imperial Seal. Damn, he thought to himself. Did the Machi Yin see what I did? He read the contents of the letter, and was simultaneously relieved and annoyed. While it didn't address what happened, it was from the Grand Imperial Arbitrator. Starting tomorrow, he would be assigned to one of the princes: Diva. Sumani threw the letter on the floor and laid on his bed. Despite being a Machi Yin guard, he hated the princes and the imperial family. Being a personal escort for one of them was going to be a nightmare.

Arrindor

The prince watched as he saw the apprehension appear on the faces of the once relaxed mages. With his hood covering his face, he was mostly hidden from view, however it was clear that the group featured a Sensor. Two of them grabbed a sword when the frog approached, a response that wouldn't occur in seasoned imperial troops. Arrindor was contemplating turning the frog back into the precious jewel before he saw Rin. Something is...off about him. I feel as if I know him.

Arrindor, now completely focused on Rin, revealed his face. The frog, which was in mid hop, transformed back into the jewel, and Arrindor caught it before it reached the ground. Despite the rain and fog, Arrindor Mayato, the eldest prince of the late emperor, was still recognizable. His transmutation powers, which he showcased here, was also an indication of his heritage. He walked towards the group slowly, with his eyes looking only at Rin. "You seem familiar," he said

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:54 am

Asardia wrote:Sumani's House, outskirts of Ryobei

Sumani Seigana was sulking as he entered his home. His sandwhich was ruined after the...incident with the hooligan minutes ago. He was no incensed that he decided to summon Heavenly Judgement to take him out, a decision which he has now began to pay for. Glad that ordeal only lasted about a minute. I already used a ridiculous amount of Essence dealing with my sandwich revenge battle

He opened his door and turned on the lantern in his room. He saw a letter on his bed and reached for it. It was stamped with the Imperial Seal. Damn, he thought to himself. Did the Machi Yin see what I did? He read the contents of the letter, and was simultaneously relieved and annoyed. While it didn't address what happened, it was from the Grand Imperial Arbitrator. Starting tomorrow, he would be assigned to one of the princes: Diva. Sumani threw the letter on the floor and laid on his bed. Despite being a Machi Yin guard, he hated the princes and the imperial family. Being a personal escort for one of them was going to be a nightmare.

Arrindor

The prince watched as he saw the apprehension appear on the faces of the once relaxed mages. With his hood covering his face, he was mostly hidden from view, however it was clear that the group featured a Sensor. Two of them grabbed a sword when the frog approached, a response that wouldn't occur in seasoned imperial troops. Arrindor was contemplating turning the frog back into the precious jewel before he saw Rin. Something is...off about him. I feel as if I know him.

Arrindor, now completely focused on Rin, revealed his face. The frog, which was in mid hop, transformed back into the jewel, and Arrindor caught it before it reached the ground. Despite the rain and fog, Arrindor Mayato, the eldest prince of the late emperor, was still recognizable. His transmutation powers, which he showcased here, was also an indication of his heritage. He walked towards the group slowly, with his eyes looking only at Rin. "You seem familiar," he said

Rin, Taka, and Unity

Unity removed her hand from her blade, recognizing the prince, but Rin did the opposite. He tightened his grip on the blade, "I don't see how I could seem familiar, this is my first time in Ryobei."

"Ri- uh, Ayato, there is no need to be so aggressive, this is the eldest prince," she placed her hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down.

"I'm well aware," his words held no admiration or envy towards the prince as other may. In his eyes everyone was equal, everyone was worthless with few exceptions.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:21 pm

Arrindor

The prince held his gaze at Rin, trying to figure out what captivated him. The response by the mage didn't faze Arrindor in the slightest. However, it was clear that his presence was unwanted. "Sorry, it was just a...feeling of deja vu."

Arrindor bowed his head, signaling an apology, and turned away. Something was captivating about these mages, even if he couldn't find the reason. "If it's okay with you," he said before leaving. "May I please get your name?"

Maurikael and Jasmine

The Imperial Arbitrator returned to his estate outside the capital. His letter to Sumani was already sent, and now he could turn all of his attention to his daughter, Jasmine. When Maurikael exited his carriage, he was greeted by Sarin, who began to give him the run down on what happened.

"Maurikael, we need to continue the experimentation on Jasmine's abilities. We know she can use it on anyone, but the after effects are still unknown. I don't know the full reasoning for it."

"Hmm. Do we at least know when she'll recover?"

Sarin nodded his head as they walked through the estate. "The medics say the recovery will happen anytime now. Her fever has virtually disappeared, and she regained consciousness."

"Excellent."

The servants in the estate lowered their heads as the two men approached Jasmine's room. When the door opened, Jasmine was still breathing heavily, but had a cold towel near her face as she gulped down water. When she noticed Maurikael, Jasmine quickly averted her gaze and focused on her eyes on the floor. Sarin looked at Maurikael and walked away, leaving him with Jasmine and the medic.

"Jasmine, beginning tomorrow, you will be a servant for Diva, the youngest of the two princes. You will serve that role alongside a Machi Yin guard."

Jasmine remained silent as she listened to her father's words. The years of separation had kept them incredibly distant from each other. Even talking like this was awkward. Jasmine's thoughts became more cynical as she thought on what this meant. Was Maurikael already going to get rid of her?

Sumani Seigana

The Machi Yin guard was sound asleep in his bed. The gold pieces he was awarded due to his job was in a bag on his dresser. While his sandwich was gone, he made himself a small snack and eviscerated it before jumping into bed. The usage of Heavenly Judgement had exhausted a sizable amount of Essence, but it was nothing a good night's sleep wouldn't fix. The next day would have Sumani embark on the newest chapter of his career, and maybe he could rise even further into the Kosen Machi life.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Asardia wrote:Arrindor

The prince held his gaze at Rin, trying to figure out what captivated him. The response by the mage didn't faze Arrindor in the slightest. However, it was clear that his presence was unwanted. "Sorry, it was just a...feeling of deja vu."

Arrindor bowed his head, signaling an apology, and turned away. Something was captivating about these mages, even if he couldn't find the reason. "If it's okay with you," he said before leaving. "May I please get your name?"

Maurikael and Jasmine

The Imperial Arbitrator returned to his estate outside the capital. His letter to Sumani was already sent, and now he could turn all of his attention to his daughter, Jasmine. When Maurikael exited his carriage, he was greeted by Sarin, who began to give him the run down on what happened.

"Maurikael, we need to continue the experimentation on Jasmine's abilities. We know she can use it on anyone, but the after effects are still unknown. I don't know the full reasoning for it."

"Hmm. Do we at least know when she'll recover?"

Sarin nodded his head as they walked through the estate. "The medics say the recovery will happen anytime now. Her fever has virtually disappeared, and she regained consciousness."

"Excellent."

The servants in the estate lowered their heads as the two men approached Jasmine's room. When the door opened, Jasmine was still breathing heavily, but had a cold towel near her face as she gulped down water. When she noticed Maurikael, Jasmine quickly averted her gaze and focused on her eyes on the floor. Sarin looked at Maurikael and walked away, leaving him with Jasmine and the medic.

"Jasmine, beginning tomorrow, you will be a servant for Diva, the youngest of the two princes. You will serve that role alongside a Machi Yin guard."

Jasmine remained silent as she listened to her father's words. The years of separation had kept them incredibly distant from each other. Even talking like this was awkward. Jasmine's thoughts became more cynical as she thought on what this meant. Was Maurikael already going to get rid of her?

Sumani Seigana

The Machi Yin guard was sound asleep in his bed. The gold pieces he was awarded due to his job was in a bag on his dresser. While his sandwich was gone, he made himself a small snack and eviscerated it before jumping into bed. The usage of Heavenly Judgement had exhausted a sizable amount of Essence, but it was nothing a good night's sleep wouldn't fix. The next day would have Sumani embark on the newest chapter of his career, and maybe he could rise even further into the Kosen Machi life.

Rin, Taka, and Unity

"I'm known as Ayato," Rin met the prince's gaze, he also sensed a strange familiarity, but not just as a figurehead. Unity watched Rin closely as to ensure he didn't do anything stupid, so most of her focus was on his sword arm. As the prince turned away Rin removed his hand from the hilt of his sword and Unity let out a sigh of relief.

"Why are you so on edge?"

"You never know who you can trust in places like this," he replied in a cold manner, one that tended to annoy Unity

"And you'll never gain anyone else's trust when you act like that!" she shook her head and let out another sigh, "Come on my house is a littler further from here."

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Arrindor

The Prince nodded at Rin, keeping a blank expression the entire time. "I see. Well in that case, I'll be off now." Arrindor walked away, feeling detached from the world following the conversation. While nothing bad transpired, the event caused a dramatic shift in him for a reason he couldn't pick out. He continued towards the main districts of the city, deciding to wonder the streets of Ryobei

Sumani Seigana

Sumani woke up from his slumber, grudgingly falling out of bed. It was a new day, and his new assignment to Diva was effective today. He took a bath, quickly ate a sandwich, and wore the infamous Machi Yin guard clothing. He turned the lamp off, and exited his home. It took about half an hour for Sumani to entire the official imperial district, where he went to the Kosen Machi headquarters. When he saw the other court nobles and higher ranking officials, he bowed and said, "My name is Sumani Seigana. The Imperial Arbitrator has ordered me here to escort the youngest prince."

Jasmine Taulra

Jasmine was flanked on both sides by servants of Maurikael. Ever since her...escape a few days ago, the Imperial Arbitrator ensured she was under constant surveillance. She wore long, silver and gold robes. They were dotted with an intricate flower pattern, and they were fastened around the waist by a large belt. Jasmine's sleeves extended to the ground as carefully walked. This time, her clothing was not a product of her illusions like before. She hated it. It was so uncomfortable and needlessly flamboyant. She felt the stares from the crowd as she traversed the steps of the Kosen Machi building. Her white hair also stood out, and Jasmine had the impulse to shield herself with an invisibility cloak, but such a move would prove immediately fatal to Maurikael's plan. Thus, Jasmine simply endured as she waited to receive her next set of orders.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:46 pm

The Prince nodded at Rin, keeping a blank expression the entire time. "I see. Well in that case, I'll be off now." Arrindor walked away, feeling detached from the world following the conversation. While nothing bad transpired, the event caused a dramatic shift in him for a reason he couldn't pick out. He continued towards the main districts of the city, deciding to wonder the streets of Ryobei

Sumani Seigana

Sumani woke up from his slumber, grudgingly falling out of bed. It was a new day, and his new assignment to Diva was effective today. He took a bath, quickly ate a sandwich, and wore the infamous Machi Yin guard clothing. He turned the lamp off, and exited his home. It took about half an hour for Sumani to entire the official imperial district, where he went to the Kosen Machi headquarters. When he saw the other court nobles and higher ranking officials, he bowed and said, "My name is Sumani Seigana. The Imperial Arbitrator has ordered me here to escort the youngest prince."

Jasmine Taulra

Jasmine was flanked on both sides by servants of Maurikael. Ever since her...escape a few days ago, the Imperial Arbitrator ensured she was under constant surveillance. She wore long, silver and gold robes. They were dotted with an intricate flower pattern, and they were fastened around the waist by a large belt. Jasmine's sleeves extended to the ground as carefully walked. This time, her clothing was not a product of her illusions like before. She hated it. It was so uncomfortable and needlessly flamboyant. She felt the stares from the crowd as she traversed the steps of the Kosen Machi building. Her white hair also stood out, and Jasmine had the impulse to shield herself with an invisibility cloak, but such a move would prove immediately fatal to Maurikael's plan. Thus, Jasmine simply endured as she waited to receive her next set of orders.

Xavi
He hears what Sumani says and walks over. "Escorting Diva? Orders by the Imperial Arbitrator? I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing this. Confirmation if you will." he uses the connection Nightmare set up with him to talk. 'The Arbitrator has taken an interest in Diva, should I take action? should this worry me?'
Nightmare
He responds to Xavi
"I will take care of this if it develops into a problem, let it fly for now." Nightmare chuckles "This really is cute, this little coupe with Diva, glad to know if I fail this I can try to brand myself as a prophet."
Last edited by Frachen on Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:29 am

Sumani Seigana and Jasmine Taulra

Sumani became tense upon realizing the State Chancellor was approaching him. He reached into his bag and pulled out the letter, signed by Maurikael, along with the papers detailing changes in his job. What the hell is this? Sumani thought to himself. I'm a distinguished member of the Machi Yin and they treat me like a child?

He forced a smile and handed the necessary proof over to Xavi. "If this isn't enough, I believe you can personally ask the Imperial Arbitrator to see what he says. Not only that, but the letters say the Prince is aware of this arrangement as well."

As Sumani and Xavi conversed, Jasmine entered the Kosen Machi building with much fanfare. Her expensive clothing stood out pretentiously as her face was a bright red. She looked like a dancer for the Midnight Sun festivals as opposed to a servant. The Maurikael appointed guards escorted her into the complex, where they announced to the State Chancellor the same thing Sumani said. "The Imperial Arbitrator has assigned Sumani Seigana, a captain of a Machi Yin unit, and Jasmine Taulra, a servant, to be accompanying the prince as the investigation into the late emperor's death continues."
Last edited by Asardia on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Asardia wrote:Sumani Seigana and Jasmine Taulra

Sumani became tense upon realizing the State Chancellor was approaching him. He reached into his bag and pulled out the letter, signed by Maurikael, along with the papers detailing changes in his job. What the hell is this? Sumani thought to himself. I'm a distinguished member of the Machi Yin and they treat me like a child?

He forced a smile and handed the necessary proof over to Xavi. "If this isn't enough, I believe you can personally ask the Imperial Arbitrator to see what he says. Not only that, but the letters say the Prince is aware of this arrangement as well."

As Sumani and Xavi conversed, Jasmine entered the Kosen Machi building with much fanfare. Her expensive clothing stood out pretentiously as her face was a bright red. She looked like a dancer for the Midnight Sun festivals as opposed to a servant. The Maurikael appointed guards escorted her into the complex, where they announced to the State Chancellor the same thing Sumani said. "The Imperial Arbitrator has assigned Sumani Seigana, a captain of a Machi Yin unit, and Jasmine Taulra, a servant, to be accompanying the prince as the investigation into the late emperor's death continues."

Xavi
He looks at the papers only briefly, having only asked for them originally to buy time.He looks up at Jasmine as she is introduced. "Somebody is overdressed. Trust me, you won't be needing to wear that everyday. The prince himself wears much less flattering apparel." He hands the letter back to Sumani. "The prince is in his quarters." He turns to leave but stops for a second "I wouldn't barge in though, I'd wait for him if I were you, he doesn't like to be disturbed."
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:49 pm

Rin, Taka, and Unity

The three of them had already made it to Unity's home and we're gathered around a table, "So how's everyone back at home?" Unity was the first to speak.

"Well, Lili was up to par with her combat prowess, and Sara turned out to be another esoteric," Rin smiled at the thought of his younger sisters also being esoteric. It's rate enough to have one esoteric child in a family, but to have four?

"She is? Does that means she stopped learning illusion magic?"

"Not that I'm aware of, she most likely will continue her studies,"

"Well then, how's Ma and Pa?" Unity's expression turned into one that implied she didn't have high expectations. Rin let out a sigh before he responded.

"Father decided to spend the rest of his time helping in the fields, but mother passed away not to long after I left, I received a letter from father a while back about it," he lowered his head slightly, Unity following suit. They sat in silence for a few seconds before Taka spoke up.

"Well, Rin shouldn't you send a letter back to your sisters so they know to head out?"

"Oh yeah, you're right!" He lifted his head and pulled out some parchment.

"What do you mean head out?" Unity quickly questioned Taka and Rin.

"Well with Father working in the feilds, Lili and Sara decided they wanted to travel with me and I was gonna send them a response when I got here."

"I see, well then we should expect them within a few days then, until then you can stay here," Unity stood up and began to walk out of the room, "Make yourself at home."

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Jasmine and Sumani

Sumani overheard the commotion and turned around. He was both repulsed and curious. A young woman with hair the color of snow had suddenly appeared with a plethora of Machi Yin guards. Sumani rolled his eyes when he saw her clothing. It was a typical luxurious outfit that only the nobles wore. Money that was spent on useless extravagance instead of the people. She's a 'servant', huh? He thought to himself. Seems more like a doll to play with.He snapped back to reality when Xavi spoke to him again. "Yes, I understand," Sumani replied in a low tone. When he was sure no one was listening, he muttered, "I bet the Prince ordered this."

Jasmine was still in a state of shock when she saw all the stares. Being a Sensor, she detected Sumani's ambivalent feelings towards her, which only made matters worse. When Xavi spoke to her, she breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't respond, of course. Servants couldn't speak to high ranking Kosen Machi like they were equals. In her mind, Jasmine wanted to say that her father forced her to wear the outfit to appeal more to the southlands. Jasmine spent much of her life in the northern mountains, where the atypical monk clothing is what she became used to.

Sumani clutched the papers in his hand and walked over to Jasmine. "I am Sumani Seigana, the former head of a small Machi Yin squad. We'll be working together to tend to the prince. Don't get carried away." And with that, both he and Jasmine slowly walked to the Prince's quarters, where they followed Xavi's warning. Sumani had the overwhelming urge to pull out a sandwich from his bag, but decided against it.
Last edited by Asardia on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Asardia wrote:Jasmine and Sumani

Sumani overheard the commotion and turned around. He was both repulsed and curious. A young woman with hair the color of snow had suddenly appeared with a plethora of Machi Yin guards. Sumani rolled his eyes when he saw her clothing. It was a typical luxurious outfit that only the nobles wore. Money that was spent on useless extravagance instead of the people. She's a 'servant', huh? He thought to himself. Seems more like a doll to play with.He snapped back to reality when Xavi spoke to him again. "Yes, I understand," Sumani replied in a low tone. When he was sure no one was listening, he muttered, "I bet the Prince ordered this."

Jasmine was still in a state of shock when she saw all the stares. Being a Sensor, she detected Sumani's ambivalent feelings towards her, which only made matters worse. When Xavi spoke to her, she breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't respond, of course. Servants couldn't speak to high ranking Kosen Machi like they were equals. In her mind, Jasmine wanted to say that her father forced her to wear the outfit to appeal more to the southlands. Jasmine spent much of her life in the northern mountains, where the atypical monk clothing is what she became used to.

Sumani clutched the papers in his hand and walked over to Jasmine. "I am Sumani Seigana, the former head of a small Machi Yin squad. We'll be working together to tend to the prince. Don't get carried away." And with that, both he and Jasmine slowly walked to the Prince's quarters, where they followed Xavi's warning. Sumani had the overwhelming urge to pull out a sandwich from his bag, but decided against it.

Diva
After what seemed like forever, he finally walked out of his quarters. "You're here. earlier than I expected." He yawns before continuing. "Seems the Arbitrator has good tastes when it comes to deciding which people to assign to me as servants." he turns towards Jasmine and leans against the wall, "I must admit, your clothes are a bit....too flashy, you sure you want to wear those? I mean, look at me. Do I care what I wear? Plus sooner or later you won't need that dress." He yawns again before looking at Sumani "What's your story?"
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Jasmine and Sumani

Sumani stood patiently against the wall near the Prince's room. He had his eyes clothes, but was still alert, a skill he learned during his tenure with the Machi Yin. Jasmine, meanwhile, was trained by the monks, which would make one believe she would appear just as solemn as Sumani. She was anything but calm. Her eyes darted across the area as she attempted to relieve her anxiety with deep breathing. She could sense Sumani's dormant power, and she calculated that he was far stronger than most mages in the city, perhaps stronger than the Prince. When Diva finally revealed himself, both Sumani and Jasmine stood at attention. Sumani's stature was that of a seasoned soldier, whose years in the military resulted in a dignified manner in which he conducted himself.

Jasmine, on the hand, was still out of breath. Strangely enough, was comforted when Diva pointed out her clothing and provided the option of choosing a new one. She decided against responding to his final comment, as she knew Diva would casually say things like that, with no regard with the implications. When the prince turned his attention to Sumani, the guard replied in a monotone voice. "Your Highness, my name is Sumani Seigana. I was the head of a Machi Yin unit not too far from the city center. The Imperial Arbitrator personally wrote to me to be your main guard, along with Jasmine Taulra," he pointed to his left, where Maurikael's daughter stood. "With the recent death of the emperor, our job is to protect against any suspicious activity until the Arbitration Censorate finishes their investigation."

When he was done explaining, he took a sidewards glance towards Jasmine, who immediately looked away, blushing. He sighed. This new arrangement would take some getting used to. Sumani stood at six feet. He had short, curly black hair, along with an earring in his left ear, a signature from his home country in the south. Sumani addressed Diva again. "Our main priority is your safety. We do not intend on interfering in any major way with your plans, your highness.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:37 pm

Sumani stood patiently against the wall near the Prince's room. He had his eyes clothes, but was still alert, a skill he learned during his tenure with the Machi Yin. Jasmine, meanwhile, was trained by the monks, which would make one believe she would appear just as solemn as Sumani. She was anything but calm. Her eyes darted across the area as she attempted to relieve her anxiety with deep breathing. She could sense Sumani's dormant power, and she calculated that he was far stronger than most mages in the city, perhaps stronger than the Prince. When Diva finally revealed himself, both Sumani and Jasmine stood at attention. Sumani's stature was that of a seasoned soldier, whose years in the military resulted in a dignified manner in which he conducted himself.

Jasmine, on the hand, was still out of breath. Strangely enough, was comforted when Diva pointed out her clothing and provided the option of choosing a new one. She decided against responding to his final comment, as she knew Diva would casually say things like that, with no regard with the implications. When the prince turned his attention to Sumani, the guard replied in a monotone voice. "Your Highness, my name is Sumani Seigana. I was the head of a Machi Yin unit not too far from the city center. The Imperial Arbitrator personally wrote to me to be your main guard, along with Jasmine Taulra," he pointed to his left, where Maurikael's daughter stood. "With the recent death of the emperor, our job is to protect against any suspicious activity until the Arbitration Censorate finishes their investigation."

When he was done explaining, he took a sidewards glance towards Jasmine, who immediately looked away, blushing. He sighed. This new arrangement would take some getting used to. Sumani stood at six feet. He had short, curly black hair, along with an earring in his left ear, a signature from his home country in the south. Sumani addressed Diva again. "Our main priority is your safety. We do not intend on interfering in any major way with your plans, your highness.

Diva
He yawns again before responding. "Maurikael already went over this all with me...with luck, you can go back to whatever it was you seemed to enjoyed. Well, I am going to get something to eat, so...this way." he walks towards the kitchen. "Usually I'm too late for anything decent to be left over, Arrindor gets here before me, and the palace guards before him...I think...I don't really know who gets up when, I just know I get up the latest."He looks back at Jasmine. "Hey, listen, if you want you can check out the servant's quarters while I eat, it isn't far, your really bad at hiding nervousness...Just tell them I sent you...they shouldn't give you too many problems."
Last edited by Frachen on Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Jasmine and Sumani

Sumani nodded respectfully when the prince spoke. The two followed him distantly. Sumani was now focused on Arrindor after Diva mentioned him. Where was he? The two princes were rarely seen together, and hints at their relationship doesn't make them look too close. Did Arrindor also receive a Machi Yin guard? Sumani thought to himself. He decided he needed to question her, unfortunately Diva was able to make her flustered yet again.

"Yes, your highness" She replied in a high voice. She quickly darted out of the room and asked for a change of clothes. She saw the other servants but kept to herself.

Sumani eyed Jasmine suspiciously. He found it odd that a woman he's never seen before, and one who's so nervous, would become the servant of the prince. Sumani was a decorated soldier, and Jasmine appeared no different than a trembling child. He had chills running over him as he questioned Jasmine's purpose in this environment. Sumani turned towards Diva and asked, "Your Highness. Apologies for speaking out of turn but...do you know if the eldest prince has received a Machi Yin escort and a servant?"

Arrindor

Arrindor was shook after his encounter with the Machi Yin earlier. He had this overwhelming sense of familiarity and deja vu when he spoke with the strange mage. Something wasn't quite right, but since he wasn't a Sensor, he couldn't do much about it. He walked across the streets of the capital alone.

Maurikael

The Imperial Arbitrator was speaking with his closest friend and adviser, Sarin Laegen. "So, what is the best way to execute our plans?" Sarin asked

Maurikael was standing in front of a window in his estate. The two men were on the highest floor overlooking the city. They both hated the nonstop rain that poured down in Ryobei. "Jasmine will need further examinations. I don't believe we can act just yet. My guards who escorted her have informed me that she's a total nervous wreck."

Sarin took a sip of wine and turned his head towards the door. "I don't blame her. You gave Jasmine the most ostentatious dress. I don't even see such clothes worn at the imperial festivals."

"If she can't handle some clothes, we can't trust her with that Esoteric power. Not yet, anyway."

"Hmm," Sarin grunted. "I think Diva recognized something is off. In fact, I don't recall you giving any other high ranking official here any more Machi Yin guards. Arrindor himself doesn't have any."

Maurikael turned towards his friend. "He's not essential just yet. He's too strong for us to take head on. I just wanted to test Diva first."

"Once Diva falls for Devil's Whisper, Arrindor is next?"

"Yes. Although, I fear he too is scheming. I get a strange feeling around him."

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:55 pm

Sumani nodded respectfully when the prince spoke. The two followed him distantly. Sumani was now focused on Arrindor after Diva mentioned him. Where was he? The two princes were rarely seen together, and hints at their relationship doesn't make them look too close. Did Arrindor also receive a Machi Yin guard? Sumani thought to himself. He decided he needed to question her, unfortunately Diva was able to make her flustered yet again.

"Yes, your highness" She replied in a high voice. She quickly darted out of the room and asked for a change of clothes. She saw the other servants but kept to herself.

Sumani eyed Jasmine suspiciously. He found it odd that a woman he's never seen before, and one who's so nervous, would become the servant of the prince. Sumani was a decorated soldier, and Jasmine appeared no different than a trembling child. He had chills running over him as he questioned Jasmine's purpose in this environment. Sumani turned towards Diva and asked, "Your Highness. Apologies for speaking out of turn but...do you know if the eldest prince has received a Machi Yin escort and a servant?"

Arrindor

Arrindor was shook after his encounter with the Machi Yin earlier. He had this overwhelming sense of familiarity and deja vu when he spoke with the strange mage. Something wasn't quite right, but since he wasn't a Sensor, he couldn't do much about it. He walked across the streets of the capital alone.

Maurikael

The Imperial Arbitrator was speaking with his closest friend and adviser, Sarin Laegen. "So, what is the best way to execute our plans?" Sarin asked

Maurikael was standing in front of a window in his estate. The two men were on the highest floor overlooking the city. They both hated the nonstop rain that poured down in Ryobei. "Jasmine will need further examinations. I don't believe we can act just yet. My guards who escorted her have informed me that she's a total nervous wreck."

Sarin took a sip of wine and turned his head towards the door. "I don't blame her. You gave Jasmine the most ostentatious dress. I don't even see such clothes worn at the imperial festivals."

"If she can't handle some clothes, we can't trust her with that Esoteric power. Not yet, anyway."

"Hmm," Sarin grunted. "I think Diva recognized something is off. In fact, I don't recall you giving any other high ranking official here any more Machi Yin guards. Arrindor himself doesn't have any."

Maurikael turned towards his friend. "He's not essential just yet. He's too strong for us to take head on. I just wanted to test Diva first."

"Once Diva falls for Devil's Whisper, Arrindor is next?"

"Yes. Although, I fear he too is scheming. I get a strange feeling around him."

Diva
"Beats me, I don't keep up all to much with Arrindor, last I saw him we were at my father's funeral. I wouldn't hear a thing about it either, people don't tell me things unless I ask, which means they are doing their jobs right, because if it's not important, it should never reach me." he looks in the kitchen and sees nothing readily available. "Well, guess I gotta look elsewhere, say Sumani, you wouldn't happen to have food, would you?"
Nightmare
He changes back to his human form and teleports to Arrindor. "There's something I need to discuss with you. You see, Diva unwittingly is working against you, but we can't let him know that yet. Stay away from him like usual, but avoid his guard and servant even more, Maurikael is using one of them to influence him, I can't tell which at the moment. On top of that, be prepared for an attack."
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Arrindor

Arrindor's self reflection was interrupted when Nightmare suddenly appeared in front of him. The shock from the teleportation was quickly eclipsed by the message that prompted the visit: Maurikael is manipulating the prince. "Okay....but, can you tell me more of this 'attack'. Is this situation with Diva the beginning of the coups you said were going to happen?"

Jasmine and Sumani

Sumani made no response to the prince's comments. The information provided was helpful, but he didn't want to continue pushing the issue to the point of raising any suspicion. When Diva asked about the food, he said, "Jasmine should be here any minute with it."

As if on cue, Jasmine once again entered the room where Sumani and Diva stood. Her bizarre dress was replaced with attire similar to the monks in the Yuko Taisha temples. Jasmine was only in Ryobei for a few weeks, so the return to her normal clothing made her feel much more at ease. Not only that, but in both hands, she carried plates of the prince's favorite breakfast. Fortunately, one of the other servants was able to tell her exactly what to do. She was visibly calmer and held the same blank expression that Sumani had. What ever took place in the last few minutes proved to be a great occurrence for Jasmine, who sat the plates down and bowed.

Maurikael and Sarin

The two men continued their conversation from earlier. "Are any other Kosen Machi suspicious of us?" Maurikael asked.

"Not that I'm aware of," Sarin replied. "Jasmine is regarded as a newcomer who's simply a servant of the Censorate. I have eyes and ears all across the capital. None of my contacts reported anything to be worried about. I'll keep you updated."

Maurikael smiled and sat down on the floor. He breathed a sigh of relief and ran his hands through his hair. "Are there any Censorate agents currently patrolling the capital?"

"Of course. Why?"

"Make sure they continue to keep watch over Jasmine."

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Arrindor's self reflection was interrupted when Nightmare suddenly appeared in front of him. The shock from the teleportation was quickly eclipsed by the message that prompted the visit: Maurikael is manipulating the prince. "Okay....but, can you tell me more of this 'attack'. Is this situation with Diva the beginning of the coups you said were going to happen?"

Jasmine and Sumani

Sumani made no response to the prince's comments. The information provided was helpful, but he didn't want to continue pushing the issue to the point of raising any suspicion. When Diva asked about the food, he said, "Jasmine should be here any minute with it."

As if on cue, Jasmine once again entered the room where Sumani and Diva stood. Her bizarre dress was replaced with attire similar to the monks in the Yuko Taisha temples. Jasmine was only in Ryobei for a few weeks, so the return to her normal clothing made her feel much more at ease. Not only that, but in both hands, she carried plates of the prince's favorite breakfast. Fortunately, one of the other servants was able to tell her exactly what to do. She was visibly calmer and held the same blank expression that Sumani had. What ever took place in the last few minutes proved to be a great occurrence for Jasmine, who sat the plates down and bowed.

Maurikael and Sarin

The two men continued their conversation from earlier. "Are any other Kosen Machi suspicious of us?" Maurikael asked.

"Not that I'm aware of," Sarin replied. "Jasmine is regarded as a newcomer who's simply a servant of the Censorate. I have eyes and ears all across the capital. None of my contacts reported anything to be worried about. I'll keep you updated."

Maurikael smiled and sat down on the floor. He breathed a sigh of relief and ran his hands through his hair. "Are there any Censorate agents currently patrolling the capital?"

"Of course. Why?"

"Make sure they continue to keep watch over Jasmine."

Nightmare
"Of course, it is only natural you wish to know more. I shall start with Diva. Yes, this is one of the coups I predicted. Regarding the attack, I have been informed of a rather large group of men with the intent of overthrowing the current government on its way. I will provide you with a means of pushing them back. I have a small army myself, and I would suggest you use them. They are unquestionably loyal. My second in command will meet with you later today, expect him. His name is Darkon."
Diva
He smiles "You know, I really am beginning to like you, you seem to be an answer to many questions. You're attractive, know what I want, when I want it, I mean, damn." He turns to Sumani "Two points for her, none for you." He accepts the plates from Jasmine and continues walking while he eats. "If I say stay outside, I expect to be obeyed, I'll have good reason for it."he says in between mouthfuls.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Rin, Taka, and Unity

Rin awoke with a large blue cloth across his face and a weight over his right leg. He moved the cloth off of his face and sat up, looking down at his leg revealed that the extra weight was the footless leg belonging to Taka. Rin shook her shoulders in an attempt to wake her from her sleep, at first it didn't work so he tried again. Taka still didn't awake so he moved her leg and began to get out of the bed quietly. While he was getting up Taka slowly opened her eyes, "Will they be here?"

"Lili and Sara will be here within the next few hours, you should fix your hair and get out of bed," Rin grabbed his sword from next to the bed and placed it on his belt. The sheath of the blade was well decorated with a black base and silver and gold embroidering, the guard sat perfectly flush with the sheath. He pulled his robes over the weapon that hung loosely from his belt so that it was properly hidden. Rin turned to face Taka who was already fixed up and ready to go, "All ready? Unity is probably done making breakfast by now." Taka nodded and they both exited the room, where they were instantly struck with a divine aroma. Unity was in the kitchen finishing the meal just as Rin had said.

"Good morning you two!" Unity turned to greet the two with a small platter of meat in her hands, "Breakfast is ready." She laid the plate down on the table and sat down in one of the five chairs. Rin and Taka also sat down and began to eat breakfast.

Lili and Sara

"How do you think Ryobei is like?" the younger of the two sisters seemed far more excited than the elder. she was wearing some light robes that didn't hang much past her waist, it was a sort of dark purple color.

"Large, full of people, loud, and annoying," the elder sister spoke in a monotone voice with no change in pitch. She had a sword on her side and wore a strange black outfit that had a silver robe-like lower half.

"Well, are you at least excited to see Rin and Unity?"

"Yes. very," her voice still remained unchanged, and if someone didn't know better they would assume she was being sarcastic. "The city is still an hour or so away, we should eat some food," Lili walked off of the pathway and pulled out some bread from her bag, she handed some to her sister and they both sat down and began to eat. Soon they would be approaching the city, and if they wanted to impress their eldest sister they would need to be well-rested and full of essence.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse