NATION

PASSWORD

The Esoterics: Devil's Whisper IC (Fantasy, Intrigue, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

The Esoterics: Devil's Whisper IC (Fantasy, Intrigue, Open)

Postby Asardia » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:22 pm

The Esoterics

OOC

Premise

Esoterics are people whose magic are unique to them. Whether it's a random mutation that caused the ability to manifest, or training to use Abstraction Magic, abilities wielded by Esoterics are dangerous. (This role play takes place in a country inspired by East Asia, specifically Japan and China).

The Salyan Empire is a fractured land, made up of huge cities and many small villages with no real sense of nationality. The various mountain ranges, rivers, and supernatural phenomenon keeps the cities isolated, resulting in different cultures. Even with these issues, the Cheristi family managed to unite the land, forming the Mayato dynasty that has ruled for centuries. The years of stable rule allowed for the development of the imperial government, which extracts tribute from other cities and villages in exchange for protection. The court nobles, known as the Kosen Machi, are constantly scheming for control of the Emperor, even if they can't hold the title themselves. The most recent emperor, Emperor Viseri, was assassinated with Dark Magic, which will have huge repercussions for the future of the Salyan Empire. The Arbitration Censorate is investigating the murder, and with Viseri's recent calls for a democracy, the imperial government is on the verge of collapse. Will you be one of the mages who rises to the throne? Will you ensure the late emperor's vision will be put into place? Whether you fight for peace or anarchy, the opportunity that arises once in a generation is finally here.

The Kosen Machi makes extensive usage of Abstraction Magic, which allows a mage to create their own unique form of magic. An example of this is the oldest son of the emperor, Prince Arrindor, whose Transmuation Magic has become his signature ability. Abstraction Magic is still mysterious and difficult to learn and control, which causes it to be left to a small group of people who dare to take the challenge. Among these challengers are the Grand Imperial Arbitrator, and his hopes of attaining control of the empire.

Maurikael Cheristi is the Grand Imperial Arbitrator, and his daughter, Jasmine Taulra, is an Esoteric whose powers will be essential to his goals. It is rumored that she can control a person with a single sentence, although there's no evidence to support such a claim....

Noble Families:

Cheristi/Mayato Dynasty: The Mayato have been the ruling family in Ryobei, and by extension, the entirety of Salyan land, for centuries. Due to their influence over the Kosen Machi, marriages, and other factors, the Mayato refers solely to anyone directly related to the emperor. Cheristi is the name of nobles who descended from the bloodline that became the Mayato, but are direct relatives. Members of the Mayato family are skilled with Wind Magic, and are considered the best in the empire

Kamuri: The Kamuri are nobles who are from the Azukana region, and also specialize in Ice Magic. Even among the Salyans, the Kamuri are the best, as their Ice Bloodline Magic naturally surpasses most archmages in terms of power and skill. The Kamuri head the Azukana government and are recognized as the second most powerful family, next to the Mayato.

Jikosuru: The Jikosuro family is located in Sanri. Just like the Kamuri and Mayato to the south, the Jikosuro head their own city: Sanri. The Jikosuro are best known for their mastery over Earth Magic, and legends say they were the ones who constructed Sanri over a thousand years ago. Together, the Mayato, Kamuri, and Jikosuro families are the most prestigious in the entire Empire.

Background

It was once said that this great territory was not only united, but home to both the Salyans the neighboring Erimous. A thousand years ago, the two groups split and fought a brutal civil war, and the gods intervened, creating the wide river that forms the modern borders of these two countries, along with the Great Southern Mountains. Along this river, there's a perpetual fog, making sea travel nearly impossible.

The result of this schism was the permanent split between the Salyan's and Erimous' Bloodline Magic. When the first humans appeared in the world, the gods bestowed upon them their own Divine Aura, which later weakened in power. There was one ability that was never weakened. When the Goddess Yon-Eien gave out her own Divine Aura, humans awakened the Mikuteki and Yokasu Eyes. Those in the Salyan Empire who has this Bloodline Magic, will be able to activate the Yokasu Eyes, which grants them great visual prowess. The Salyans also have trained extensively in Ice Magic, making them the most powerful Ice Mages in the world.

Setup of the government

The Kosen Machi is the noble court of the Empire. The name translates to "chosen magi", and the court houses anyone who is either a noble, related to the imperial family, or is a member of one of the government administrations. Here's the names:

Arbitration Censorate: The intelligence gathering and judicial branch of the government. The head is Maurikael Cheristi, an Archmage who has been using the Censorate to control the flow of information and keep his hold on the imperial family.

Machi Yin: The Imperial Guard, a group of elite mages who are personally hand picked by the Emperor himself. They are located in the capital of Ryobei, but they still have a presence outside the capital.

State Affairs: As the name implies, the State Affairs ministry handles domestic policy, including tax collection, and public works/construction. Members of the State Affairs Ministry will have the most sway with the public, as they handle matters of public policy far more than other government roles, which may be important later on.

Imperial Affairs: Along with State Affairs, the Imperial Affairs Ministry handles matters of state, but in the upper echelons of government. The ministry handles governing all around the empire, and will be able to use the Censorate or Machi Yin to enforce their will, both on the populace and even the Kosen Machi

List of Major Cities:

Ryobei: The capital of the Empire and the most powerful of the city states, Ryobei has enough influence to not house the Emperor, but to also extract tributes. The city is most famous for its grand palaces, along with the the unique climate. It is constantly raining, with myths saying it has been raining since the gods intervened a thousand years ago. Most of the Kosen Machi and the important government administrations are housed here. The main landmark is the huge Imperial Palace, and the Kosen Machi court.

Sanri: One of the Three Great States (along with Ryobei and Azukana), Sanri has major influence in the Kosen Machi and the affairs of the empire, even being the city where the Arbitration Censorate is located as well. Sanri is unique in the fact that the city was built from the ground up using Earth Magic and Mystic Seals, making it one of the more beautiful and impregnable cities.

Azukana: The final of the Three Great States, Azukana is still distant to the rest of the country. Due to its proximity to the Great Southern Mountains, the city is also home to perpetual fog. The Kamuri hold a special temple on an island just outside the city.

Sariyama: This a large market town that trades resources among the river. Due to this, the city is far more diverse than most places in the empire, and is home to many different cultures. Sariyama is the trading center of the empire

Rules
Be respectful
No one liners. I’m not looking for super long posts, but please put some effort into it
You may have as many characters, factions, and families as you want
Last edited by Asardia on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Nightmare
He is waiting in an alley for someone....he's been waiting 5 minuets longer than he should have. This angers him and when he finally sees who he's looking for approach he stops leaning.
"Took you long enough."
"Sorry, too many officials around."
"Did you get what I wanted?"
"Not exactly..."
Nightmare looks into the man's eyes, his towering figure already fearful enough, sending more negativity his way, particularly fear..."What does that mean?"
"It means I know where it is, it's in Azukana."
"You had me waiting for longer than I should have, and now you don't even have what I want!? I should'nt fulfill my end of the bargain, but being the kind soul I am I will let you see your wife again."
"Thank you sir."
Nightmare smiles cruelly and stabs the man with a knife he just created. "Tell her I said hello..."
"You...lied to me!"
"I didn't, I never said I'd bring her back to life, but that I'd let you see her again, really, you should have thought twice before accepting my offer. Once someone outlives their usefulness to me, I get rid of them."
After the man dies Nightmare changes into his human form and walks out of the alleyway.
Last edited by Frachen on Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Lastfell
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lastfell » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Today the court was more chaotic than usual, which is saying something. Whenever the Kosen Machi, the supposed noble court of the Empire meet, there is usually a combination of careful silence and reckless speeches, depending on the family. This time, some minor family from Sariyama is proclaiming that the death of the Emperor threatens all trade in the southern provinces. While this is certainly true, what this noble really means is that it threatens their profits. Typically there is more guarded silence, but the assassination has made everyone stressed, worried. Looking around, Han guesses that more than half of the room were plotting the Emperor’s downfall, but most probably didn’t assume it would happen. It was a game they played, a way to pass the time in between pretending to do their jobs at court. However, with the Emperor gone, the power vacuum is deafening.

Han has never seen the like of it before, at least not to this scale. Even in his home of Azukana, one of the largest cities in the Empire, there was an order to things. Here, in the capital of Ryobei, everything seemed to be in flux. Off in a corner, it looked like a Sanri noble was about to come to blows with one of the minor lords of Ryobei. Han glanced at the Machi Yin, bodyguards of the Emperor, who looked down at the proceedings. He wagered that they would not intervene, and least not today. He could feel their scorn and their shame, all at once.

Han stood behind his seated brother, Kailin, surrounded by other retainers of the Kamuri family. They represented one of the foundational families of the Empire, the masters of the city-state of Azukana, and guardians of the east. Han could catch glances from the other nobles in his brother’s direction, waiting for Kailin to make his move. Kailin himself was not the official head of the family yet, but their mother was ill, and all knew it was a matter of time.

“This has gone far enough, hasn’t it?” Han asked his brother, bending down slightly.

Kailin shoot his head slowly. “They have to get it out,” he said. “We will act when the time is right.”

Han stood back up, as straight as he could. Han knew that Kailin had been preparing for a moment like this his whole life, but even he did not know his brother’s mind. Looking around the room, there were people that Han could not even identify. Unknown nobles he supposed that would have a part to play before all of this was settled.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Ryobei, Capital of the Empire

Prince Arrindor Mayato

The story of Arrindor Mayato wasn't the most typical of someone who is the Crown Prince. From an early age, he completely disregarded politics and rejected his role as the oldest son, something his younger two brothers were eager to jump at. While Arrindor appeared to be a clueless child frolicking the country's lush forests and dozens of rivers, he was actually taking notes. He took notes on how the people around him acted, which would become useful later on. Due to this fact being hidden, Arrindor was tailed by a Yuko Taisha Sensor who ended up teaching him the most important lessons of his life. The Prince reflected on this as he stood outside the Imperial Palace in the capital city, Ryobei. The perpetual rain in the city definitely made it among the most unique in the entire country. In Arrindor's twenty-seven years of existence, he had never remembered a single day where the clouds cleared. In fact, legends say the rain goes back over a thousand years, giving Ryobei the nickname Rain's Paradise. No matter the cause, the rain had a calming effect on Arrindor, as he enjoyed watching the water fall over and over again. It's a nice distraction form daily court politics.

And speaking of the court, the Kosen Machi appeared to have convened in their palace, not too far from the Prince's home. He could show up anytime he wanted, but he decided to let them be. The Emperor's...suspicious death will be a major talking point in the coming months. It also didn't help that the late Emperor sought to transition the Empire to a democracy, which would begin by allowing the Kosen Machi to vote on the next leader. Arrindor was interested in what the future would bring, but he wanted to test the Kosen Machi to see what strings he could pull. Even now, at twenty-seven, he had no interest in becoming Emperor.

Arrindor's thoughts were interrupted by a loud thunderous boom. The clouds covered the sky, giving off the idea that it was midnight. The balcony of the Imperial Palace was located on the fourth floor, overseeing everything. Arrindor walked back inside the palace to dry off and rethink the situation. With the Emperor dead, anyone could come to the throne. His first guess wasn't either of his younger siblings, but a distant relative in Maurikael Cheristi, the Grand Imperial Arbitrator. Rumors said he fathered a daughter years ago, but Arrindor never heard more of it since, and he had no interest in it now. The most important thing to take away was that Maurikael was considered to be one of the most powerful men in the Empire. While the Machi Yin was feared everywhere, the Arbitration Censorate could easily take action for any pretense, and that would be final. You wouldn't hear of the incident unless they wanted you to, which is why Arrindor suspected that the Imperial Arbitrator, or at least someone with connections to the Censorate, would be daring enough to assassinate the Emperor. It was said that the Emperor was sick for several months, and that he was infected with a Dark Magic virus which could not be traced.

The prince yawned and used his Water Magic to divert all the rain that drenched him, and made it evaporate. He walked down the grand spiral staircase to the ground floor. Sometimes, Arrindor would feel insignificant in the palace, which was easily the largest in the city. However, that allowed him more than enough space to ponder and plan his next moves. The Arbitration Censorate needed to be investigated, and Arrindor decided that it would be best to probe the ministers to see what they knew. Being the prince, no one would dare speak out against Arrindor in a negative way, but that didn't mean suspicion wasn't on him. He shrugged the thought off and walked to a room where the morning's meal would be served.
Last edited by Asardia on Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Nightmare
Having finished his business, he decided to set his plan in motion. moving to a spot where Xavi would easily sense his presence, enjoying the way the man stiffened up like a board as he felt the negativity. Having to excuse himself momentarily from the current meeting of the Kosen Machi to meet with him. When he is out of sight and earshot Nightmare appears.
"You never fail to amaze me with your recklessness Nightmare, we could both easily be killed if I'm found out to have this connection!"
"Correction, you are the one in danger, not me."
"Remind me, why did I sign up for this?"
"To get a higher role in the government through me."
"We're still behind on that one."
Nightmare snarls "Xavi, you will get your promotion, I will achieve my goals, I just want the entire schematics of the castle right now."
"That could take a bit, I don't have any on me at the moment, I have to return quickly..."
Nightmare's aura becomes stronger, allowing for more people to feel the pure negativity exuding from him.
"I want it before the end of the day, is that clear?"
"I understand....Might I also suggest that YOU NOT USE YOUR POWER TO..." he stops himself, hoping no one heard him..it seems he's fine "That you not us-"
"You, do not demand anything of me, I have already humored you enough by appearing to you in my human form"
"I'll get you those schematics." Xavi turns and leaves, leaving Nightmare alone in the castle.
Last edited by Frachen on Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:03 pm

Rin (Ayato) and Taka

"You never told me why we're going to the capital," a blue-haired girl spoke in a soft tone as she floated around her traveling partner.

"I received word that it was a good place to stay," the black-haired man responded with a slightly annoyed tone.

"I'm finally getting under your skin aren't I?" she grew closer to his face as she let out a large smirk.

"You are not, you just ask too many questions," he turned away from her, "you couldn't get under my skin in a thousand years."

"You know I can arrange that," she repositioned herself to be in front of him, but this time she was floating above his head, looking at him upsidedown, "I'm a demon, or did you forget that?"

"How could I?" he poked the blue markings on her cheeks, "You have markings all over your body, you float everywhere, and you don't have feet." The floating demon leveled herself next to the man as they continued to travel towards Ryobei.

"You know you love me," she spoke in a mocking tone.

"Only on occasion," he responded reluctantly to his demonic associate, as teh began to approach the city gates.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Lastfell
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lastfell » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:20 pm

Han Kumari

Han watched as a man in a State Affairs uniform quickly gets up and leaves the room. He looked nervous, but then Han wasn’t surprised given the situation unfolding in front of him. His sensory abilities were limited, but even he could tell as one of the Jikosuru retainers seemed to be gathering his strength for something as he argued with Ryobei noble. Han tensed his fingers, reaching for his power. In Ryobei, water was always near. The nigh-constant rain outside the hall meant that even in this room, there was enough humidity and abundant water to make both water and ice magic a small matter. Even here, he could imagine conjuring a blizzard, or a dozen shards to send at someone. However, when earth magic was involved, he was mostly concerned with shielding himself. All the beautiful creations of ice are of little comfort if a building falls on your head.

Looking around, Han was reasonably confident he could create a hard enough shield that, even if the building did collapse, he would be able to save at least a handful of his family members. The rest of the chamber would have to fend for themselves, but he could tell that there were more than a few archmages in attendance.

“Calm down you fool, before you get dust on my new dress!” An elderly female voice shouted at the Jikosuru. Han could see the man’s face turn a darker shade of red, but this time from shame. His magically aura began to recede, and Han let out a breath he did not realize he was holding.

Turning his attention from the outburst for the first time, Han watched as the State Affairs official returned to the room, looking flush. What truly caught Han’s attention, though, were a new group of figures that entered the room. Seemingly appearing out of the shadows, he noticed the insignia of the Arbitration Censorate, those tasked with the intelligence and judicial branch of the government. More importantly at this time, they were the ones investigating the death of the Emperor.

Han realized, then, what was missing from the room. He had been too concerned with the anxious nobles to realize that there were important people not present. Chiefly, the Crown Prince, and Maurikael had not made their play. Han glanced down at his brother and his passive features and realized that, as loud as the nobles in this room could be, they would not be the ones to decide the future of the Empire. Like in a game, those playing for the throne were sitting back, waiting for another to make the first move. It was only a question of when, then.

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:06 am

Xavi straightens himself up before returning to his seated position in the room. He takes a breath and calms himself. He can't afford to be caught conspiring, not now, not ever. His rise to power must be flawless and unsuspicious. Then, and only then can he relax fully, but for now he needs to keep his mind on the matter of the Emperor's death. If the Empire was to continue as is, then that would leave the eldest prince in charge, Arrindor. Xavi thought for a moment, if he was in charge, how would that effect his plan? Could he risk moving towards a democracy? If a democracy occurred how long would he be able to keep his position before he was ousted? He shakes his head. Best keep silent on the matter as of now. If he makes a sudden move in either direction he'd be forced to stay dedicated to that side or look shifty, uneven, and traitorous. He can't have any of that if he is to attain what he in his mind rightfully deserves.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:31 pm

Maurikael's Estate
Western Chisama Diyou Islands

Maurikael Cheristi stood still, tightly gripping a letter stamped with the Imperial Seal in his hands. News of the Emperor's death had reached him several days prior, but the shock finally hit him. The Imperial Arbitrator stood beside a long winding river that cut the island in half. The Chisama Diyou did not consider themselves part of the Salyan Empire, and in fact, the name "empire" for this land would be misnomer. Despite the semantics, Ryobei, the effective seat of true power, was able to exert a degree of control over the islands, resulting in a tribute in exchange for autonomy. That meant this was the perfect spot to relax, as the Machi Yin wouldn't be looking for him here. The miles of grasslands and the infamous Kasaran Sea in the distance allowed for a break from the cut throat politics in the mainland. However, Maurikael's vacation would once again be cut short. It was time to make a move.

As the sun began to set, Maurikael noticed the presence of his friend, Sarin Laegen. Sarin was Maurikael's right hand man, and the main adviser to the imperial family years ago. They rose through the ranks of the Arbitration Censorate together, forming a tight bond that would prove very useful. Sarin leaned against the pillar of the palace, and yawned.

"May I ask what it is you wanted to talk about, Grand Imperial Arbitrator?" Sarin said this with a smile on his face. Being in Ryobei required him to be formal, but now that they were away from prying eyes, he felt more at ease.

Maurikael's breathing became slightly more labored, and he clutched the paper in his hand even tighter. "The Goddess Yon-Eien has given me a fair hand my entire life, especially these last twenty years. I believe it is time I finally act."

Sarin's eyes widened. His relaxed posture was immediately replaced with an intense fear. "You....you're planning on bringing her back? After all these years, Maurikael? Please tell me you're not serious."

The silence that proceeded already answered Sarin's question. "That fortune was two decades ago, Maurikael! The Yuko Taisha are nothing more than religious zealots; desperate monks who cling to their ancient religion despite the changing times. You're pragmatic, I know you are."

Maurikael turned to face his friend. Yes, I am pragmatic. Even though it was twenty-three years ago, it was still accurate. Her power has exceeded my expectations. And now that the Emperor is dead, the ability I once believed was a curse is now a blessing."

Sarin was utterly speechless. He hadn't seen the Imperial Arbitrator's daughter in ten years, and she was on total lockdown even then. Bringing her back to the Kosen Machi will only raise questions, but it's clear that Maurikael had answers to them. "So you're actually doing it, huh?" He replied through clenched teeth.

Maurikael nodded, and turned back towards the sea. Softly, he muttered, "Now's the fabled time, Yasina. The gods have favored us all throughout your existence, and now you can finally use their gifts."

Yuko Taisha Temples
Pazendai Mountains

Yasina was sitting in her room. Her legs were folded on the ground, as she sat in the posture that she was taught to use for years. Her hands were shackled with chains embedded with Mystical Sealing Magic, but the chains were free enough that she was able to move to turn the page of her book. She was reading the works of Ina Maisa, one the earliest known monks, and among the first to write extensively about the Rikki Sogo doctrine. In all her years of captivity, Yasina found that she could calm herself with the words of the monks. They, along with the Salyan Sensors, were the only ones who kept her any sort of company since her father last visited, nine years ago. Yasina had become a blank slate, a woman who was constantly appearing emotionless and apathetic.

She turned the page again when she felt a sudden coldness come over her. Her restrained hands shaking as she dropped the book. This wasn't an earthquake, nor did the nearby volcano erupt. The coldness she felt was a mystical one only Sensors could detect. Yasina began breathing heavily as she turned slowly turned behind her. As she stood up, she noticed a sensation she hadn't experienced in a decade. The man in front her was her father: The Grand Imperial Arbitrator. And right next to him was his loyal puppet, Sarin Laegen.

Tears ran down her ghostly white cheeks. It took everything she had to keep the stoic expression and calm voice the servants had instructed her to maintain "Father.....you're back? Am I going home now?"

Ryobei

Arrindor Mayato

The Prince left the Imperial Palace grounds and began to make his way towards the Kosen Machi building, which wasn't too far from the city center. The Emperor's recent death meant the public was unaware of what happened, and that could be advantageous to a certain someone...

Arrindor, wearing a hooded cloak, walked alongside the stone roads to the royal court. He wasn't sure what was going on at the Kosen Machi, but he did want to see what was being discussed, as he was invited to attend. In his hand, Arrindor held a small tree trunk that he took from his room before leaving. He infused it with his Aura, thus granting him the option to use Tian Gazo on it. The trunk made a small buzzing noise as it glowed white. A few seconds later, the trunk had turned into a small dove, which Arrindor threw into the air and allowed it to fly. The dove would enter the Kosen Machi gathering place and glide in, before reverting back to its box shape. Arrindor chuckled at this thought. He enjoyed playing these bizarre games on the court nobles, whose only reactions were, or more accurately, couldonly be a stunned silence. The dove continued to fly into the sky, and with the fog in Ryobei being particularly bad today, he couldn't see beyond a few feet. The Prince could use his Water Magic to clear the way, but he already spent a quarter of his Essence on that dove, and there was no need to expend further energy,

The city of Ryobei was split into several districts. Arrindor was currently in the Imperial District, a section of the city that was reserved strictly for the nobles. This meant that there would be no bystanders who would be interested in him, which made his entrance much easier. As he approached the doors of the Kosen Machi palace complex, he could hear the nobles discussing the Emperor, and the plan he had for the Empire. Arrindor nearly forgot about his prank, and so he decided to walk further along the complex, where the lake was. He sat down and used his Abstraction Magic to see from the perspective of the dove. The dove flew through the window and traveled up to the roof. From there, Arrindor released the transmutation. The dove turned back into the tree trunk, and collapsed on the ground, in the center of the room and in everyone's eyesight.
Last edited by Asardia on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:29 am

Asardia wrote:
Maurikael's Estate
Western Chisama Diyou Islands

Maurikael Cheristi stood still, tightly gripping a letter stamped with the Imperial Seal in his hands. News of the Emperor's death had reached him several days prior, but the shock finally hit him. The Imperial Arbitrator stood beside a long winding river that cut the island in half. The Chisama Diyou did not consider themselves part of the Salyan Empire, and in fact, the name "empire" for this land would be misnomer. Despite the semantics, Ryobei, the effective seat of true power, was able to exert a degree of control over the islands, resulting in a tribute in exchange for autonomy. That meant this was the perfect spot to relax, as the Machi Yin wouldn't be looking for him here. The miles of grasslands and the infamous Kasaran Sea in the distance allowed for a break from the cut throat politics in the mainland. However, Maurikael's vacation would once again be cut short. It was time to make a move.

As the sun began to set, Maurikael noticed the presence of his friend, Sarin Laegen. Sarin was Maurikael's right hand man, and the main adviser to the imperial family years ago. They rose through the ranks of the Arbitration Censorate together, forming a tight bond that would prove very useful. Sarin leaned against the pillar of the palace, and yawned.

"May I ask what it is you wanted to talk about, Grand Imperial Arbitrator?" Sarin said this with a smile on his face. Being in Ryobei required him to be formal, but now that they were away from prying eyes, he felt more at ease.

Maurikael's breathing became slightly more labored, and he clutched the paper in his hand even tighter. "The Goddess Yon-Eien has given me a fair hand my entire life, especially these last twenty years. I believe it is time I finally act."

Sarin's eyes widened. His relaxed posture was immediately replaced with an intense fear. "You....you're planning on bringing her back? After all these years, Maurikael? Please tell me you're not serious."

The silence that proceeded already answered Sarin's question. "That fortune was two decades ago, Maurikael! The Yuko Taisha are nothing more than religious zealots; desperate monks who cling to their ancient religion despite the changing times. You're pragmatic, I know you are."

Maurikael turned to face his friend. Yes, I am pragmatic. Even though it was twenty-three years ago, it was still accurate. Her power has exceeded my expectations. And now that the Emperor is dead, the ability I once believed was a curse is now a blessing."

Sarin was utterly speechless. He hadn't seen the Imperial Arbitrator's daughter in ten years, and she was on total lockdown even then. Bringing her back to the Kosen Machi will only raise questions, but it's clear that Maurikael had answers to them. "So you're actually doing it, huh?" He replied through clenched teeth.

Maurikael nodded, and turned back towards the sea. Softly, he muttered, "Now's the fabled time, Yasina. The gods have favored us all throughout your existence, and now you can finally use their gifts."

Yuko Taisha Temples
Pazendai Mountains

Yasina was sitting in her room. Her legs were folded on the ground, as she sat in the posture that she was taught to use for years. Her hands were shackled with chains embedded with Mystical Sealing Magic, but the chains were free enough that she was able to move to turn the page of her book. She was reading the works of Ina Maisa, one the earliest known monks, and among the first to write extensively about the Rikki Sogo doctrine. In all her years of captivity, Yasina found that she could calm herself with the words of the monks. They, along with the Salyan Sensors, were the only ones who kept her any sort of company since her father last visited, nine years ago. Yasina had become a blank slate, a woman who was constantly appearing emotionless and apathetic.

She turned the page again when she felt a sudden coldness come over her. Her restrained hands shaking as she dropped the book. This wasn't an earthquake, nor did the nearby volcano erupt. The coldness she felt was a mystical one only Sensors could detect. Yasina began breathing heavily as she turned slowly turned behind her. As she stood up, she noticed a sensation she hadn't experienced in a decade. The man in front her was her father: The Grand Imperial Arbitrator. And right next to him was his loyal puppet, Sarin Laegen.

Tears ran down her ghostly white cheeks. It took everything she had to keep the stoic expression and calm voice the servants had instructed her to maintain "Father.....you're back? Am I going home now?"

Ryobei

Arrindor Mayato

The Prince left the Imperial Palace grounds and began to make his way towards the Kosen Machi building, which wasn't too far from the city center. The Emperor's recent death meant the public was unaware of what happened, and that could be advantageous to a certain someone...

Arrindor, wearing a hooded cloak, walked alongside the stone roads to the royal court. He wasn't sure what was going on at the Kosen Machi, but he did want to see what was being discussed, as he was invited to attend. In his hand, Arrindor held a small tree trunk that he took from his room before leaving. He infused it with his Aura, thus granting him the option to use Tian Gazo on it. The trunk made a small buzzing noise as it glowed white. A few seconds later, the paper had turned into a small dove, which Arrindor threw into the air and allowed it to fly. The dove would enter the Kosen Machi gathering place and glide in, before reverting back to its box shape. Arrindor chuckled at this thought. He enjoyed playing these bizarre games on the court nobles, whose only reactions were, or more accurately, could only be a stunned silence. The dove continued to fly into the sky, and with the fog in Ryobei being particularly bad today, he couldn't see beyond a few feet. The Prince could use his Water Magic to clear the way, but he already spent a quarter of his Essence on that dove, and there was no need to expend further energy,

The city of Ryobei was split into several districts. Arrindor was currently in the Imperial District, a section of the city that was reserved strictly for the nobles. This meant that there would be no bystanders who would be interested in him, which made his entrance much easier. As he approached the doors of the Kosen Machi palace complex, he could hear the nobles discussing the Emperor, and the plan he had for the Empire. Arrindor nearly forgot about his prank, and so he decided to walk further along the complex, where the lake was. He sat down and used his Abstraction Magic to see from the perspective of the dove. The dove flew through the window and traveled up to the roof. From there, Arrindor released the transmutation. The dove turned back into the tree trunk, and collapsed on the ground, in the center of the room and in everyone's eyesight.

"Da-." Xavi looks at the trunk with disgust. He knew who did it already, only he thought to play such frivolous pranks without cause. The eldest prince, who gave no thought to becoming a good ruler, the reason democracy might come to pass.
"I see you hate this prince Xavi." Nightmare communicates with him telepathically.
"You don't say." Xavi growls back in his mind.
"Easy there tiger, don't want to blow a fuse."
"I must ask, why does he even interest you!?"
"He's an essential to my plot, my bad, our plot. If you wish to rise into full glory, I suggest not upsetting our dear prince. Now, I hope you don't find it rude if I am to cut this communication short, business always requires full attention." and with that the telepathic communication with Xavi ends. Nightmare walks along the same path Arrindor did, walking in his human form.
"Rainy as always isn't it your highness?" he calls out to Arrindor once he is in sight.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:15 pm

Arrindor

"Hmm?" The Prince turned around quizzically. This isn't one of the Kosen Machi, at least not one I've seen before. Probably one of the Machi Yin who saw my joke. Arrindor shrugged, as he was generally disinterested in politics anyway.

"They say the rain never stops," Arrindor responded blankly. "I like it though. It has an oddly satisfying effect on me."

Arrindor thought back to the trunk in the court and chuckled to himself. He couldn't see their reactions now, but he was sure the Kosen Machi would be confused as always.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Asardia wrote:Arrindor

"Hmm?" The Prince turned around quizzically. This isn't one of the Kosen Machi, at least not one I've seen before. Probably one of the Machi Yin who saw my joke. Arrindor shrugged, as he was generally disinterested in politics anyway.

"They say the rain never stops," Arrindor responded blankly. "I like it though. It has an oddly satisfying effect on me."

Arrindor thought back to the trunk in the court and chuckled to himself. He couldn't see their reactions now, but he was sure the Kosen Machi would be confused as always.

"Yes, dark, gloomy, depressing. It can have that effect on people, while others view it as peaceful. Me, I don't personally care for it, rain is simply a mechanism to keep this world from descending into despair. But you're not one for philosophy at the moment, allow me to introduce myself, I am Nightmare. You don't need any introductions beyond that, but let's say I've taken great interest in you. I am not a part of the Kosen Machi as you have already assumed, and I am not at all ties to the Machi Yin. I am here to offer you a place in the great game of life, one I have been playing for 145 years."
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Kosen Machi Court, Ryobei

Arrindor Mayato

The Prince took another glance at the strange man who approached him. The heavy rain and fog blocked him from seeing the man clearly. If he wasn't a court noble or an imperial guardsmen, then who was he?

"You've taken a great interest in me, you say?" Arrindor wasn't a Sensor like some of the other Kosen Machi, so he couldn't detect the aura the man was giving off. The Prince moved his arms in front of him casually, resulting in some of the water from the lake to rise and morph into a small water dragon. Arrindor enjoyed spending time outdoors and looking at the various animals that roamed the realm. The water dragons he imitated were one of the Divine Beasts of the Kasaran Sea.

"This game of life you're offering, may I ask what it is?" Arrindor further pondered the offer. This mage was alive for 145 years? Was it a metaphor, like he alluded to earlier with the rain? Is he a Dark Mage? T

Yuko Taisha Temples
Pazendai Mountains

Sarin Laegen stood beside Maurikael Cheristi. The man was shaking, as memories of the past resurfaced. The woman in front of him was the Imperial Arbitrator's illegitimate child, who was hidden for the last twenty years. He looked over at his friend, who had a small smile on his face.

"Yes, Jasmine," Maurikael said softly. "You're returning to the capital. I applaud your efforts here and your non stop training. You're worthy of coming back."

Yasina couldn't stop herself. She finally broke down and sat back on the floor. She was so used to being called by her family name that she forgot about the name her mother gave her. It was the first time her father ever called her by her given name.

Sarin, seeing Jasmine's reaction, decided to step out to let the two speak in private. Maurikael had prepared a Rain Bird for their return to the capital. It was more of a dragon, and it was a Divine Beast that was in the family since Maurikael was a child, and it still flew as good as it did then. Legends said the Rain Birds were the ones causing the perpetual downpour in Ryobei, as a punishment of the gods. Sarin, thinking on what the future would hold, approached the Rain Bird and laid his hand on it gently.

After about an hour, Jasmine and Maurikael emerged from the temple, and Jasmine had a grin that was wider than the Kasaran Sea. Whatever it was they talked about, Jasmine was on board with it. As the three began to prepare for the journey back to the capital, Jasmine waved at a few people who were in front of the temple. They were the Medics and Sensors who accompanied her in the decade her father was gone.

The dragon flapped its wings and flew into the air. After a few minutes, Maurikael spoke. "We're going to land a few miles outside the city, where my servants are waiting. There will be a carriage cloaked with sealing magic, concealing our presence, especially Jasmine's Esoteric Aura."

Sarin nodded as he realized the Arbitrator was talking to him and not his daughter. He noticed Jasmine was staring at the ground below them, watching the clouds gather as they approached the capital. Soon enough, Maurikael's plan would go into motion. With arguably the most powerful ability in the realm, Devil's Whisper will be instrumental in allowing Maurikael to hold even more power. Whether or not the monarchy fell didn't matter. Who had control afterwards did.

Ryobei was surrounded by miles of plains, a very rare feature of the often mountainous country. After a few hours, the Rain Bird landed next to the river that split the mainland in half. And just as Maurikael said, there were servants wearing the Arbitration Censorate's symbol on their uniforms. They bowed as the trio hopped off the dragon and entered the carriage. As they got in, Jasmine noticed how large it was. The carriage, which was painted black and silver, could hold perhaps ten people in it. They rode back to the capital, and Jasmine once again blanked out. It's been so long since she last seen her father, and after their hour long discussion, he hadn't said anything to her since. Her Sensory Magic could detect a feeling of fear but excitement in his Aura, which calmed Jasmine down just a little.
Last edited by Asardia on Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:23 pm

Asardia wrote:
Kosen Machi Court, Ryobei

Arrindor Mayato

The Prince took another glance at the strange man who approached him. The heavy rain and fog blocked him from seeing the man clearly. If he wasn't a court noble or an imperial guardsmen, then who was he?

"You've taken a great interest in me, you say?" Arrindor wasn't a Sensor like some of the other Kosen Machi, so he couldn't detect the aura the man was giving off. The Prince moved his arms in front of him casually, resulting in some of the water from the lake to rise and morph into a small water dragon. Arrindor enjoyed spending time outdoors and looking at the various animals that roamed the realm. The water dragons he imitated were one of the Divine Beasts of the Kasaran Sea.

"This game of life you're offering, may I ask what it is?" Arrindor further pondered the offer. This mage was alive for 145 years? Was it a metaphor, like he alluded to earlier with the rain? Is he a Dark Mage? T

Yuko Taisha Temples
Pazendai Mountains

Sarin Laegen stood beside Maurikael Cheristi. The man was shaking, as memories of the past resurfaced. The woman in front of him was the Imperial Arbitrator's illegitimate child, who was hidden for the last twenty years. He looked over at his friend, who had a small smile on his face.

"Yes, Jasmine," Maurikael said softly. "You're returning to the capital. I applaud your efforts here and your non stop training. You're worthy of coming back."

Yasina couldn't stop herself. She finally broke down and sat back on the floor. She was so used to being called by her family name that she forgot about the name her mother gave her. It was the first time her father ever called her by her given name.

Sarin, seeing Jasmine's reaction, decided to step out to let the two speak in private. Maurikael had prepared a Rain Bird for their return to the capital. It was more of a dragon, and it was a Divine Beast that was in the family since Maurikael was a child, and it still flew as good as it did then. Legends said the Rain Birds were the ones causing the perpetual downpour in Ryobei, as a punishment of the gods. Sarin, thinking on what the future would hold, approached the Rain Bird and laid his hand on it gently.

After about an hour, Jasmine and Maurikael emerged from the temple, and Jasmine had a grin that was wider than the Kasaran Sea. Whatever it was they talked about, Jasmine was on board with it. As the three began to prepare for the journey back to the capital, Jasmine waved at a few people who were in front of the temple. They were the Medics and Sensors who accompanied her in the decade her father was gone.

The dragon flapped its wings and flew into the air. After a few minutes, Maurikael spoke. "We're going to land a few miles outside the city, where my servants are waiting. The were will be a carriage cloaked with sealing magic, concealing our presence, especially Jasmine's Esoteric Aura."

Sarin nodded as he realized the Arbitrator was talking to him and not his daughter. He noticed Jasmine was staring at the ground below them, watching the clouds gather as they approached the capital. Soon enough, Maurikael's plan would go into motion. With arguably the most powerful ability in the realm, Devil's Whisper will be instrumental in allowing Maurikael to hold even more power. Whether or not the monarchy fell didn't matter. Who held power afterwards did.

Ryobei was surrounded by miles of plains, a very rare feature of the often mountainous country. After a few hours, the Rain Bird landed next to the river that split the mainland in half. And just as Maurikael said, there were servants wearing the Arbitration Censorate's symbol on their uniforms. They bowed as the trio hopped off the dragon and entered the carriage. As they got in, Jasmine noticed how large it was. The carriage, which was painted black and silver, could hold perhaps ten people in it. They rode back to the capital, and Jasmine once again blanked out. It's been so long since she last seen her father, and after their hour long discussion, he hadn't said anything to her since. Her Sensory Magic could detect a feeling of fear but excitement in his Aura, which calmed Jasmine down just a little.

Nightmare
"This game is very rewarding, in fact, you're playing it right now by simply being alive, everyone is. The biggest point is which side you are on." he holds out his hand, creating an orb of negativity which morphs into an exact copy of Arrindor's water dragon "I offer you a place by my side, the winning side. I hold the most powerful cards, you're the only ace I don't hold. You have the most potential in the royal family. I want to put you on the throne with no resistance, and I can if you join me. There would be no need for you to take care of the day to day tasks either, I have someone in the Kosen Machi who can. The board is set, care to join the winning side?"
Diva
He wakes up groggy to the sound of someone calling to him.
"Sir, are you ok in there? It's noon." the door begins to open.
"GET OUT! GET OUT! I WILL GET UP!"
"Yes sir, of course." the door is shut immidietly. Diva sits up and gets dressed. he walks down the stairs nonchalantly and slides down the banister halfway down. He runs into a guard.
"Your highness, the Kosen Machi are meeting as of now, and you were invited to attend."
"Listen, the day the empire falls will be the day I care."
"That's what I'm afraid of sir."
Diva laughs "Calm down, we'll all be fine."
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:21 pm

Arrindor Mayato

The Prince stared at the orb. While he wasn't too interested in the mage's background before, this display definitely caused some curiosity. Is he an Esoteric like me? Is that Abstraction Magic? A Bloodline Magic ability I never heard of? Arrindor thought about the offer a bit more, with his questions clouding his judgement. He decided to see how much more he could push this mage before he refused to converse any further.

"To be honest, I'm not interested in the throne. Even my father, the late Emperor, couldn't convince me to take up my 'birthright' as he calls it. But let's say I do want to work together, may I ask who you are? I may go along with this with a few more details". The Prince picked up a pebble on the ground and threw it into the mage's copy of his water dragon just to see what would happen.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:11 pm

Asardia wrote:Arrindor Mayato

The Prince stared at the orb. While he wasn't too interested in the mage's background before, this display definitely caused some curiosity. Is he an Esoteric like me? Is that Abstraction Magic? A Bloodline Magic ability I never heard of? Arrindor thought about the offer a bit more, with his questions clouding his judgement. He decided to see how much more he could push this mage before he refused to converse any further.

"To be honest, I'm not interested in the throne. Even my father, the late Emperor, couldn't convince me to take up my 'birthright' as he calls it. But let's say I do want to work together, may I ask who you are? I may go along with this with a few more details". The Prince picked up a pebble on the ground and threw it into the mage's copy of his water dragon just to see what would happen.

Nightmare
"Like I said, my name is Nightmare. I see you're interested in the dragon." it reacts exactly how the one Arrindor created would. Nightmare hold out his hand and it returns to his hand as an orb. He tosses it into the air and it changes into a pear. He tosses it to Arrindor. "As you can tell already, my powers can perform various duties. But that's simply the base of it, I have much, much more."
Diva
He yawns as he walks out of the palace. He plans to spend the majority of his day at the casino and after that hit the bar. A typical day for him.
Last edited by Frachen on Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Arrindor Mayato

Arrindor caught the pear and examined it. The Prince could tell by Nightmare's response that he wasn't going to be able to probe much more. And not only that, the mage demonstrated he can perform magic like his own Transmutation Magic. That, along with the fact that he mentions his power versatility and offered an alliance made Arrindor somewhat suspicious. Is it possible Nightmare was behind the Emperor's assassination?

"I'm interested in this proposal," Arrindor said casually. "I'll go along with it for now, but I still would like to remind you that I have no interest in attaining imperial power. I'm just looking for fun. I want to see where this goes."

Outside Ryobei
Jasmine, Maurikael and Sarin

The carriage carrying the trio arrived just outside the city gates. The carriage itself was not marked with any imperial symbols, thus making it look like the regular travelers that visit the capital. Once they entered Ryobei's outskirts, Jasmine noticed the windows were heavily tinted. They could see outside, but no one could see in. A rather interesting design choice, but one that Jasmine smiled about as she was able to once again see the city for the first time in ten years. The wide boulevards, smell of rain, and the fog reminded Jasmine of the childhood she lost so long ago. The carriage bumped and rattled as it traversed over the capital's cobblestone roads before entering an estate. Jasmine immediately recognized the estate as her father's personal home, the same one she spent the first few years of her life hidden in. As the doors opened and Maurikael and Sarin hopped out, Jasmine took a few seconds to recollect herself before doing the same.

"Jasmine, this will be your official quarters in the estate."

Jasmine admired Maurikael's estate in Ryobei. It wasn't as grand as some of the other palaces in the country, and in some ways, it reminded her of the Yuko Taisha temples. She stepped into her room and saw how neatly folded everything was. The bed was done, the blinds of the window open, and a meal prepared at a desk for her.

Sarin once again left Maurikael and his daughter to talk while he signaled to the Arbitrator that he was leaving the estate. Sarin was the main adviser to the Emperor, and now that he's dead, what was his role now? Was he to be transferred to the Arbitration Censorate to be Maurikael's enforcer fulltime? Would he be involved with the Kosen Machi once again? These questions remained unanswered as he made his way to the Kosen Machi Palace. While he and Maurikael were retrieving Jasmine, they were invited to attend the meeting of all the court nobles to discuss the Emperor's death and how the nation would move forward. The Kamuri and Jikosuro families both hold enough influence over their own respective lands that even calling this realm a "nation" is a bit of a stretch, and with the Emperor's call for a democracy, a fracture between the Mayato dynasty and the other two imperial families are highly likely. In fact, Sarin was sure the rival families would attempt to seize power for themselves, or even dismantle the Mayato.

Sarin approached the Kosen Machi Palace and saw the youngest prince, Diva. Sarin was tempted to walk the other direction but decided against it, as he didn't want to alienate the Mayato and risk Maurikael's political status. Bringing Jasmine back to the capital was a bold move in it self, but an incident with the Prince? It simply wasn't worth it. Sarin was close enough to the Imperial Family that he didn't have to be so formal around them, which could prove advantageous later. Anyway, Sarin ignored the prince and entered the grounds of the Kosen Machi. As soon as he passed through the doors, Sarin noticed a tree log sitting in the middle of the chamber, another one of Arrindor's pranks. Sarin was sure that Arrindor and Diva were the reasons the late Emperor called for a democracy. He couldn't trust his sons to maintain the fragile peace he had worked so hard to keep.

Sarin slipped in and walked up the stairs to the balcony, and watched the discussion unfold. The chamber was split into two decks, with the upper one containing less people. He sat down and pulled out a pen and paper. It was time to observe and take notes

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Arrindor caught the pear and examined it. The Prince could tell by Nightmare's response that he wasn't going to be able to probe much more. And not only that, the mage demonstrated he can perform magic like his own Transmutation Magic. That, along with the fact that he mentions his power versatility and offered an alliance made Arrindor somewhat suspicious. Is it possible Nightmare was behind the Emperor's assassination?

"I'm interested in this proposal," Arrindor said casually. "I'll go along with it for now, but I still would like to remind you that I have no interest in attaining imperial power. I'm just looking for fun. I want to see where this goes."

Outside Ryobei
Jasmine, Maurikael and Sarin

The carriage carrying the trio arrived just outside the city gates. The carriage itself was not marked with any imperial symbols, thus making it look like the regular travelers that visit the capital. Once they entered Ryobei's outskirts, Jasmine noticed the windows were heavily tinted. They could see outside, but no one could see in. A rather interesting design choice, but one that Jasmine smiled about as she was able to once again see the city for the first time in ten years. The wide boulevards, smell of rain, and the fog reminded Jasmine of the childhood she lost so long ago. The carriage bumped and rattled as it traversed over the capital's cobblestone roads before entering an estate. Jasmine immediately recognized the estate as her father's personal home, the same one she spent the first few years of her life hidden in. As the doors opened and Maurikael and Sarin hopped out, Jasmine took a few seconds to recollect herself before doing the same.

"Jasmine, this will be your official quarters in the estate."

Jasmine admired Maurikael's estate in Ryobei. It wasn't as grand as some of the other palaces in the country, and in some ways, it reminded her of the Yuko Taisha temples. She stepped into her room and saw how neatly folded everything was. The bed was done, the blinds of the window open, and a meal prepared at a desk for her.

Sarin once again left Maurikael and his daughter to talk while he signaled to the Arbitrator that he was leaving the estate. Sarin was the main adviser to the Emperor, and now that he's dead, what was his role now? Was he to be transferred to the Arbitration Censorate to be Maurikael's enforcer fulltime? Would he be involved with the Kosen Machi once again? These questions remained unanswered as he made his way to the Kosen Machi Palace. While he and Maurikael were retrieving Jasmine, they were invited to attend the meeting of all the court nobles to discuss the Emperor's death and how the nation would move forward. The Kamuri and Jikosuro families both hold enough influence over their own respective lands that even calling this realm a "nation" is a bit of a stretch, and with the Emperor's call for a democracy, a fracture between the Mayato dynasty and the other two imperial families are highly likely. In fact, Sarin was sure the rival families would attempt to seize power for themselves, or even dismantle the Mayato.

Sarin approached the Kosen Machi Palace and saw the youngest prince, Diva. Sarin was tempted to walk the other direction but decided against it, as he didn't want to alienate the Mayato and risk Maurikael's political status. Bringing Jasmine back to the capital was a bold move in it self, but an incident with the Prince? It simply wasn't worth it. Sarin was close enough to the Imperial Family that he didn't have to be so formal around them, which could prove advantageous later. Anyway, Sarin ignored the prince and entered the grounds of the Kosen Machi. As soon as he passed through the doors, Sarin noticed a tree log sitting in the middle of the chamber, another one of Arrindor's pranks. Sarin was sure that Arrindor and Diva were the reasons the late Emperor called for a democracy. He couldn't trust his sons to maintain the fragile peace he had worked so hard to keep.

Sarin slipped in and walked up the stairs to the balcony, and watched the discussion unfold. The chamber was split into two decks, with the upper one containing less people. He sat down and pulled out a pen and paper. It was time to observe and take notes

"Wonderful, but I assure you, if this comes to fruition, you would only need to carry the title, I will allow you to do whatever you want, the only requirement of you is to carry the title of Emperor. Some interesting things will be happening soon with the Kosen Machi, I suspect numerous coups, each one looking to undermine the next. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but be wary, too close and they'll stab you. I wouldn't trust your brother, he seems like he could be too easily swayed to support one of these coups that will almost certainly happen."
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:30 pm

Arrindor Mayato

Arrindor listened closely to what Nightmare proposed. The most interesting, was the idea of several coup attempts. The Prince thought back to the Imperial Arbitrator as someone who most likely would have the power to attempt one. With the empire's judicial and security branch all under his control, he was immune to virtually any form of prosecution. The only way Maurikael could be removed would by an Imperial Decree, with the Machi Yin bringing him down if necessary.

"You believe Diva is willing to go along with these coups? He doesn't seem much different from me, I must admit, however, he seems to be more of a burden if anything. I agree on not trusting him, as I've seen him drunk and passed out in the halls of the Imperial Palace. He surpasses even me in general ineptitude." Arrindor laughed to himself. His youngest sibling was definitely a strange character, and he won't help with the instability NIghtmare predicted to occur.

Arrindor stood up and looked over at Nightmare once more. "Then I believe we are nearing an agreement? What do you want me to do?"

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:44 am

Arrindor listened closely to what Nightmare proposed. The most interesting, was the idea of several coup attempts. The Prince thought back to the Imperial Arbitrator as someone who most likely would have the power to attempt one. With the empire's judicial and security branch all under his control, he was immune to virtually any form of prosecution. The only way Maurikael could be removed would by an Imperial Decree, with the Machi Yin bringing him down if necessary.

"You believe Diva is willing to go along with these coups? He doesn't seem much different from me, I must admit, however, he seems to be more of a burden if anything. I agree on not trusting him, as I've seen him drunk and passed out in the halls of the Imperial Palace. He surpasses even me in general ineptitude." Arrindor laughed to himself. His youngest sibling was definitely a strange character, and he won't help with the instability NIghtmare predicted to occur.

Arrindor stood up and looked over at Nightmare once more. "Then I believe we are nearing an agreement? What do you want me to do?"

"I require nothing at the moment, so do what you want, I don't interrupt the lives of my allies until I need them. Unless you have any more questions, I believe we are done here."
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Arrindor Mayato

"I understand." Arrindor took another look at Nightmare and nodded. That was definitely a bizarre encounter, and Arrindor had to admit he didn't really know what he was getting himself into. He was a man who had no particular loyalties but would stick with something out of sheer boredom, which was the main reason he agreed to Nightmare's request

He was now off to the Kosen Machi Court to see what had transpired in his absence, although the conversation he had with Nightmare dominated his thoughts. He entered the doors of the chamber and sat near the doors. His hooded cloak was still on, concealing his appearance, although he had no way of hiding his Aura from any Sensors in the room. When Nightmare mentioned the inevitable coups that were going to transpire, the Prince decided to pay extra attention to the court politics, a stark contrast from his carefree attitude he previously had.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:47 am

"I understand." Arrindor took another look at Nightmare and nodded. That was definitely a bizarre encounter, and Arrindor had to admit he didn't really know what he was getting himself into. He was a man who had no particular loyalties but would stick with something out of sheer boredom, which was the main reason he agreed to Nightmare's request

He was now off to the Kosen Machi Court to see what had transpired in his absence, although the conversation he had with Nightmare dominated his thoughts. He entered the doors of the chamber and sat near the doors. His hooded cloak was still on, concealing his appearance, although he had no way of hiding his Aura from any Sensors in the room. When Nightmare mentioned the inevitable coups that were going to transpire, the Prince decided to pay extra attention to the court politics, a stark contrast from his carefree attitude he previously had.

Nightmare
He smiles as the prince walks off. Once he is alone he transforms back into his regular self and walks for a bit before teleporting away, he can't have too many people seeing him yet. Once he reaches his destination he communicates with Xavi.
"Xavi, you need to do all that's in your power to keep the monarchy alive, your life and job depend on it."
"...fine, I'll do what I must" Xavi grumbles back
"Good boy..."
Xavi
After his conversation with Nightmare, he knew he had to speak up soon. He just needs to wait for the right moment. He sits forward and looks at everyone in the room, trying to gauge who would support him, and who wouldn't.
Diva
He continues his walk and passes by a few people, but not many. Due to the rain he rarely ever wears something formal, looking much less like a prince than he already did with his unruly hair and untidy way of putting on his clothes. He adjusts his gloves, which are now fingerless due to his lack of care for them. They've been modified by some palace servants to look like they've always been fingerless. He picks at a string on his jacket before sliding out the knife he keeps hidden in his sleeve to cut it off.
Last edited by Frachen on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Rin(Ayato) and Taka

He continued to walk down the streets of Ryobei, getting some glances because of the floating girl at his side. There was also a thin blue wind barrier above them keeping them out of the rain. "It doesn't stop raining here does it?" the demon spoke first.

"Not according to the information on the place," the young man responded, "let's find a place to stay." The two continued to walk about looking for an inn.

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:13 pm

5pb wrote:Rin(Ayato) and Taka

He continued to walk down the streets of Ryobei, getting some glances because of the floating girl at his side. There was also a thin blue wind barrier above them keeping them out of the rain. "It doesn't stop raining here does it?" the demon spoke first.

"Not according to the information on the place," the young man responded, "let's find a place to stay." The two continued to walk about looking for an inn.

Diva
He sees the two and raises an eyebrow. The girl was...interesting to say the least. A demon of some sort. He thought for a moment, what could he do to make his day more interesting. The man looked older than him. Diva puts the knife back where he keeps it hidden and walks up to the group. "You two interest me, mind giving me your names?" His hands rest in his pockets and he sits there, letting the rain fall on himself, his blonde hair a mess as always.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Frachen wrote:
5pb wrote:Rin(Ayato) and Taka

Diva
He sees the two and raises an eyebrow. The girl was...interesting to say the least. A demon of some sort. He thought for a moment, what could he do to make his day more interesting. The man looked older than him. Diva puts the knife back where he keeps it hidden and walks up to the group. "You two interest me, mind giving me your names?" His hands rest in his pockets and he sits there, letting the rain fall on himself, his blonde hair a mess as always.

Rin(Ayato) and Taka

"That's not a very good way to introduce yourself," the man slightly turned his head towards Diva, "we are not here for your entertainment and we are not obligated to tell you anything about our--"

"His name is Ayato," the floating demon placed her hand over his mouth, "who are you?" The demon sounded sweet and kind yet there was still an air of mischief about her, and the man had a regal feel to him.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse