NATION

PASSWORD

The Cold War RP (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thoughts on rebooting?

1: Yes, reboot
76%
2: A reboot is ok, but not now
8%
3: Don't reboot
16%

Total votes : 25

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:46 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:WIP
Country Name: Empire of the Hellenes| Greece
Head of State/Government: Emperor Alexandros I (ruled King of the Hellenes: 1917 AD - 1921 AD; ruled as Emperor of the Hellenes: 1921 AD - Present); Prime Minister Alexandros Papagos (ruled: 1941 AD - Present)
Type of Government: Constitutional Monarchy/Military Dictatorship
Capital: Constantinople
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here) Greece, European Turkey, Cyprus
Population: 7 million people
Faction: NATO
History: In 1917, after the end of the National Schism, Greece joined WWI on the side of the Allied Powers. They successfully pushed into European Turkey, right up to the outskirts of Istanbul, by the time the war ended, in November 1918. In Summer of 1919, Venizelos ordered an expedition into Asia Minor to liberate the Greek population there, still chafing under Turkish oppression. By 1920, the expedition was a success, and the Ottoman Sultan was forced to sign the Treaty of Sevres; recognizing Greece's gains. In 1921, the British gave Constantinople, which they had occupied since 1918, into Greek hands, after Venizelos signed the Adrianople Accord, which promised international access to the Bosporus Straits. With Constantinople in Greek hands, King Alexander I was crowned Emperor of the Hellenes. The Turks of Istanbul (Constantinople) were driven from the City; and were deported from Greek territory altogether, by Venizelos' orders.

The situation was not stable, however, and did not last very long. In 1923, the Ottoman Sultan was overthrown in a military coup and replaced by a cadre of nationalist military officers, keen on driving the Greeks from Anatolia. They caught the Greeks by surprise, and within a few months, captured Smyrna, and drove the Greeks right into the sea. Emperor Alexandros, who very much resented Venizelos, for having exiled his father, Constantine, during the National Schism, invited back the Royalist Officers who had gone into exile; chief of which, Ioannis Metaxas. He then dismissed Venizelos as Prime Minister, and appointed in his place, Metaxas. As the Turks were advancing on Constantinople, Metaxas took charge of the defence of the City. At the same time, as he was preparing the defence, Metaxas was also purging the Venizelists, and replacing them with his own Royalist cronies. In early 1925, the Turks reached Constantinople, and attempted to seize it, but were repulsed. Metaxas offered the Turks terms, but they refused to hear of it. The war dragged on, with the Turks being unable to take the City, and the Greeks unable to drive them further back into Anatolia, the war ground to a standstill.

The Greco-Turkish War dragged on in a stalemate until the Stock Market Crash of 1929, when both Greece and Turkey being struck by economic difficulties, agreed to a ceasefire. The War had left Greece semi-successful but in a bad economic situation. Eager to take advantage of the chaotic political and economic situation, Venizelos, who had taken asylum in France following his ousting from office by Emperor Alexandros, back in 1923, plotted his return to power. In 1931, he landed on his home island of Crete, where he was much beloved, and missed by the local people, and there, he sought to repeat the formula of his success in 1917; and proclaimed himself Prime Minister in Irakleion. With the help of former Venizelist officers who had gone into exile with him, the local support of the Cretans, and with the tacit blessing of France; Venizelos was able to take over Crete and even win some of the neighbouring islands to him. The "Venizelist Fever" as it was called, also spread to islands under the "protection" of Foreign Powers, such as the Italian controlled Dodecanese, and the British controlled Cyprus. Both of these regions shook off British and Italian occupation, respectively, and joined themselves to Venizelos' "Hellenic Republic".

These developments raised the ire of the Great Powers of Britain and Italy; and this was seized upon by the politically astute Metaxas; who requested British and Italian aid to put down the Venizelist Revolt. In early 1932, the Venizelists attempted to seize the port of Kalamata, on the south of the Pelopponese; but they were repulsed by the battle-hardened military garrison there, and pushed back into the sea. In March, another Venizelist uprising occurred in the major northern Greek port of Thessaloniki. The military garrison there was unable to put down the revolt there, and the city was lost. Metaxas gathered an army and marched to Thessaloniki himself to put down the uprising. Also present to help the Imperial Government were forces sent by King Alexander I (ruled: 1918 - 1934) of Yugoslavia. By August, after a siege lasting several months; Thessaloniki was taken by the Imperialists. This reversal was followed by the arrival of an Italian Expeditionary Force as well as the British Royal Navy in the region. In conjunction with the Imperial Greek Navy and Army, the combined forces landed on Venizelos' stronghold of Crete; and trapped the would-be Prime Minister in his makeshift capital of Irakleion. The city fell to the British, Italian, and Greek Imperial forces in September, but during the chaos, Venizelos managed to escape to Cyprus. Throughout the remainder of 1932, and dragging on into 1933-1934, the coalition forces hopped from island to island, subduing the Venizelist garrisons and restoring Imperial rule over these areas. In 1934, Venizelos fled Cyprus for the safety of the French Mandate of Lebanon. He remained in comfortable exile in Beirut, in a swanky villa provided by the French Government; breathing his threats until his death in 1936.

After the subsiding of the "Venizelist Fever" (1931-1934), things calmed down for a very short time; but this was merely surface-level.

Anybody want to help me write the history, insofar, as involving their countries in the conflict outlined below.

As y'all can see, I'm still working on my History. Let me know what you think so far, and if any of you find it objectionable. Its still WIP.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:59 am

Head of State/Government: Emperor Alexandros I (ruled King of the Hellenes: 1917 AD - 1921 AD; ruled as Emperor of the Hellenes: 1921 AD - Present); Chancellor Alexandros Papagos (ruled: 1941 AD - Present)
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here) Greece, European Turkey, Cyprus
History: In 1917, after the end of the National Schism, Greece joined WWI on the side of the Allied Powers. They successfully pushed into European Turkey, right up to the outskirts of Istanbul, by the time the war ended, in November 1918. In Summer of 1919, Venizelos ordered an expedition into Asia Minor to liberate the Greek population there, still chafing under Turkish oppression. By 1920, the expedition was a success, and the Ottoman Sultan was forced to sign the Treaty of Sevres; recognizing Greece's gains. In 1921, the British gave Constantinople, which they had occupied since 1918, into Greek hands, after Venizelos signed the Adrianople Accord, which promised international access to the Bosporus Straits. With Constantinople in Greek hands, King Alexander I was crowned Emperor of the Hellenes. The Turks of Istanbul (Constantinople) were driven from the City; and were deported from Greek territory altogether, by Venizelos' orders.

The situation was not stable, however, and did not last very long. In 1923, the Ottoman Sultan was overthrown in a military coup and replaced by a cadre of nationalist military officers, keen on driving the Greeks from Anatolia. They caught the Greeks by surprise, and within a few months, captured Smyrna, and drove the Greeks right into the sea. Emperor Alexandros, who very much resented Venizelos, for having exiled his father, Constantine, during the National Schism, invited back the Royalist Officers who had gone into exile; chief of which, Ioannis Metaxas. He then dismissed Venizelos as Prime Minister, and appointed in his place, Metaxas. As the Turks were advancing on Constantinople, Metaxas took charge of the defence of the City. At the same time, as he was preparing the defence, Metaxas was also purging the Venizelists, and replacing them with his own Royalist cronies. In early 1925, the Turks reached Constantinople, and attempted to seize it, but were repulsed. Metaxas offered the Turks terms, but they refused to hear of it. The war dragged on, with the Turks being unable to take the City, and the Greeks unable to drive them further back into Anatolia, the war ground to a standstill.

The Greco-Turkish War dragged on in a stalemate until the Stock Market Crash of 1929, when both Greece and Turkey being struck by economic difficulties, agreed to a ceasefire. The War had left Greece semi-successful but in a bad economic situation. Eager to take advantage of the chaotic political and economic situation, Venizelos, who had taken asylum in France following his ousting from office by Emperor Alexandros, back in 1923, plotted his return to power. In 1931, he landed on his home island of Crete, where he was much beloved, and missed by the local people, and there, he sought to repeat the formula of his success in 1917; and proclaimed himself Prime Minister in Irakleion. With the help of former Venizelist officers who had gone into exile with him, the local support of the Cretans, and with the tacit blessing of France; Venizelos was able to take over Crete and even win some of the neighbouring islands to him. The "Venizelist Fever" as it was called, also spread to islands under the "protection" of Foreign Powers, such as the Italian controlled Dodecanese, and the British controlled Cyprus. Both of these regions shook off British and Italian occupation, respectively, and joined themselves to Venizelos' "Hellenic Republic".

These developments raised the ire of the Great Powers of Britain and Italy; and this was seized upon by the politically astute Metaxas; who requested British and Italian aid to put down the Venizelist Revolt. In early 1932, the Venizelists attempted to seize the port of Kalamata, on the south of the Pelopponese; but they were repulsed by the battle-hardened military garrison there, and pushed back into the sea. In March, another Venizelist uprising occurred in the major northern Greek port of Thessaloniki. The military garrison there was unable to put down the revolt there, and the city was lost. Metaxas gathered an army and marched to Thessaloniki himself to put down the uprising. Also present to help the Imperial Government were forces sent by King Alexander I (ruled: 1918 - 1934) of Yugoslavia. By August, after a siege lasting several months; Thessaloniki was taken by the Imperialists. This reversal was followed by the arrival of an Italian Expeditionary Force as well as the British Royal Navy in the region. In conjunction with the Imperial Greek Navy and Army, the combined forces landed on Venizelos' stronghold of Crete; and trapped the would-be Prime Minister in his makeshift capital of Irakleion. The city fell to the British, Italian, and Greek Imperial forces in September, but during the chaos, Venizelos managed to escape to Cyprus. Throughout the remainder of 1932, and dragging on into 1933-1934, the coalition forces hopped from island to island, subduing the Venizelist garrisons and restoring Imperial rule over these areas. In 1934, Venizelos fled Cyprus for the safety of the French Mandate of Lebanon. He remained in comfortable exile in Beirut, in a swanky villa provided by the French Government; breathing his threats until his death in 1936.

After the subsiding of the "Venizelist Fever" (1931-1934), things calmed down for a very short time; but this was merely surface-level. Prime Minister Metaxas used the Venizelist uprising to his own advantage, to tighten his hold on the Government; something which the indolent Emperor Alexandros I not only did nothing to hinder, but actually encouraged. Metaxas was granted emergency powers and named as Chancellor of the Hellenic Empire. He created a secret police force known as the Security Battalions; with which he hunted down all Venizelists as well as Communists, Liberals, and anybody remotely Left-wing, labelling them "disturbers of the peace". In 1935, Metaxas signed trade and defence pacts with Benito Mussolini of Italy, and the aforementioned King Alexander I of Yugoslavia. He also maintained balanced and friendly relations with both Britain, and a resurgent German Reich. Using fund obtained from international trade, the Imperial Government rebuilt destroyed sections of Constantinople in a grand, new Hellenic Classical style (including the illustrious Blachernae Palace; built on the ruins of the Ottoman Sultan's Palace); roads and railroads throughout the country, etc. Meanwhile, the harsh persecutions against the "disturbers of the peace" encouraged the formation of underground political and revolutionary societies dedicated to the overthrowing of the Imperial Regime. However, they were forced to remain in hiding; and festered in secret.

Anybody want to help me write the history, insofar, as involving their countries in the conflict outlined below.

I added more...

The last paragraph sort of sets up the Greek Communist menace and the Civil War coming in the 1940s. What I would like to know before continuing are the following things:

1) Will Fascist Italy still become hostile and attempt an Invasion of Greece in 1940?

2) Will Nazi Germany still invade the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and Greece in 1941?

3) Does Metaxas have to die in January of 1941 as he did IRL, or can I extend his life until 1943-44? Because I'm thinking the Communists will come out of hiding and start causing shit after he dies. This could coincide with Tito's takeover of Yugoslavia; which all of this is kind of based on what Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy do and Greece's and Yugoslavia's position towards World War II and the Axis and Allied sides. I'm assuming both would seek neutrality as they did IRL; but a lot of what happens depends on Germany's invasion or not of the Balkans.
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derika
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:23 am

I would assume Germany would still invade Yugoslavia and Greece, just like irl, but that's my assumption
my evidence? trust me bro

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:35 am

Derika wrote:I would assume Germany would still invade Yugoslavia and Greece, just like irl, but that's my assumption

I'm thinking even if Germany doesn't invade the Balkans, we could have things pan out in the following way:

Starting in say 1942, Tito begins waging a guerilla war against the Royal Government of Yugoslavia. In desperation, the young King Peter II of Yugoslavia asks the Greek Empire for help. Metaxas is more than happy to send an Expeditionary Force to Yugoslavia to bolster the Royalist Regime. While this temporarily stabilizes things, Metaxas dies in 1944 (maybe assasinated by the Communists), and this destabilizes things back home in Greece. The Greek Communists come out of hiding and start engaging in terrorist activity, having been inspired by Tito; and things get so bad, that the Greek Expeditionary Force is obliged to go back home. This has a domino-effect that leads to the overthrow of the King of Yugoslavia in 1945, and the rise of Tito; and spills over into the Greek Civil War. In other words, the Yugoslav Civil War spills over into the Greek Civil War.

If Germany invades the Balkans, then everything is thrown off, anyways.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:37 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Derika wrote:I would assume Germany would still invade Yugoslavia and Greece, just like irl, but that's my assumption

I'm thinking even if Germany doesn't invade the Balkans, we could have things pan out in the following way:

Starting in say 1942, Tito begins waging a guerilla war against the Royal Government of Yugoslavia. In desperation, the young King Peter II of Yugoslavia asks the Greek Empire for help. Metaxas is more than happy to send an Expeditionary Force to Yugoslavia to bolster the Royalist Regime. While this temporarily stabilizes things, Metaxas dies in 1944 (maybe assasinated by the Communists), and this destabilizes things back home in Greece. The Greek Communists come out of hiding and start engaging in terrorist activity, having been inspired by Tito; and things get so bad, that the Greek Expeditionary Force is obliged to go back home. This has a domino-effect that leads to the overthrow of the King of Yugoslavia in 1945, and the rise of Tito; and spills over into the Greek Civil War. In other words, the Yugoslav Civil War spills over into the Greek Civil War.

I would say changing what countries got invaded in WW2 is a MAJOR change, and therefore not allowed.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:43 am

Dentali wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:I'm thinking even if Germany doesn't invade the Balkans, we could have things pan out in the following way:

I would say changing what countries got invaded in WW2 is a MAJOR change, and therefore not allowed.

Ok, but why would these countries be invaded? There needs to be a realistic reason other than Hitler got the invasion bug. But don't worry, I could contrive some political shenanigans to cause the German Invasion of Greece. Is my history ok other than that?
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Derika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:42 am

Yugoslavia got invaded so Hitler could secure a way to Greece and help the Italians, which were pushed back to Albania.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:49 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Ok, but why would these countries be invaded? There needs to be a realistic reason other than Hitler got the invasion bug. But don't worry, I could contrive some political shenanigans to cause the German Invasion of Greece. Is my history ok other than that?

Keep ww2 the same as IRL please no changes

Lemlar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lemlar » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:04 am

Dentali wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Ok, but why would these countries be invaded? There needs to be a realistic reason other than Hitler got the invasion bug. But don't worry, I could contrive some political shenanigans to cause the German Invasion of Greece. Is my history ok other than that?

Keep ww2 the same as IRL please no changes

Yea, only the events between VE or VJ day and jan 1 1949 should be changed
Επίσημο 'Ονομα: Παγκόσμια Αυτοκρατορία Λεμλαρ
Αυτοκράτορας: Ανδρέασ Νεμεθ
Epstein didn't kill himself

Εκτακτες Ειδήσεις: LemlarΛεμλαρ, ξεκινώντας μια νέα εποχή καθώς το πράσινο κόμμα έχει δημιουργήσει έναν συνασπισμό με τους καθιερωμένους μοναρχικούς.

The Hobbesian Metaphysician
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:00 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Or, just.....I don't know

I'm thinking of making a South German nation, but that'll be met with equally as much opposition so....

I just have no idea

Not necessarily. The French zone will obviously be made into a socialist-Esque buffer state, but the U.S zone can be its own nation.
I am just going to lay it out here, I am going to be very blunt.

The Hobbesian Metaphysician
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:01 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Okay, so are we just assuming that despite having a Socialist France in power, that WWII went exactly the same?

I believe OP said that the French app needed to be changed but someone checks me on that.

The French app did have a quick mention of the elections in 1948 going the socialist way, but it needs to be smoothed out last I saw.
I am just going to lay it out here, I am going to be very blunt.

Hypron
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hypron » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:04 pm

What is the plausibility of me making a Chieftain MBT using the L1A1 120mm gun (1949) instead of the L11A5 120 mm gun (1965) and the Rolls Royce Meteor Engine (1941) instead of the Leyland L60 (1959)?

Alta Californians
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alta Californians » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:33 pm

The Hobbesian Metaphysician wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
I believe OP said that the French app needed to be changed but someone checks me on that.

The French app did have a quick mention of the elections in 1948 going the socialist way, but it needs to be smoothed out last I saw.

no, There are upcoming elections. Since we will start in September 1949, the 8th Congress(or was it 7th?) will start in February 13 1950.
Mainly the Social Democrats, who support closining up to the US, the Communists, who support the USSR, and the Syndicalists, who support the creation of their own faction.
Most other ideologies are a very,very small minority.

Alta Californians
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alta Californians » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Alta Californians wrote:
Country Name:The Syndicates of France
Head of State/Government:Adolphe Reanoú
Type of Government: French Syndicalist Republicanism
Capital:Paris
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here)
Located in modern-day france, with added Wallonie, andEast Switzerland
Population:32 Million people
Faction:Undecided(will decide after 2nd Congress)
History:In 1910, a Syndicalists victory in the french electon caused french Bourgoise to declare war on this nation.The traitorous leaders were arrested less than a week after the declaration of war, and the 3rd Republic surrendered. The 4th Republic was dismantled, into the 5th Republic. The 1st Congress of Socialists of France(1st Congress) Was called on November 13th,1948, ti decide the path of the nation.After it, the general Election came,where the Syndicalists won, and began the Syndicate. The Syndicalists have been in power always, except for the 4th congress period, where power was taken by the Communists.The Communist influenced pro-french Seperatists in Wallonie and Eastern switzerland. In WWI, france was pressured to join, given that the germans were being agressive. WWII went almost the same, except for more major french victories in North Africa, and france surrendering in February 13th, 1942, weakening the Germans. The 7th congress, scheduled to be in 1944, was postponed for 6 years. Soon, the 7th Congress will come, and with it, a ideological battle between French Communists, who lean to the USSR, French Social Democrats, whom lean to the US, or the Syndicalists, whom wish for a 3rd path, one to unite all syndicates of the world!

I added a bit, and deleted a bit, will work on it some more later today

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Alta Californians wrote:
Alta Californians wrote:
Country Name:The Syndicates of France
Head of State/Government:Adolphe Reanoú
Type of Government: French Syndicalist Republicanism
Capital:Paris
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here)
Located in modern-day france, with added Wallonie, andEast Switzerland
Population:32 Million people
Faction:Undecided(will decide after 2nd Congress)
History:In 1910, a Syndicalists victory in the french electon caused french Bourgoise to declare war on this nation.The traitorous leaders were arrested less than a week after the declaration of war, and the 3rd Republic surrendered. The 4th Republic was dismantled, into the 5th Republic. The 1st Congress of Socialists of France(1st Congress) Was called on November 13th,1948, ti decide the path of the nation.After it, the general Election came,where the Syndicalists won, and began the Syndicate. The Syndicalists have been in power always, except for the 4th congress period, where power was taken by the Communists.The Communist influenced pro-french Seperatists in Wallonie and Eastern switzerland. In WWI, france was pressured to join, given that the germans were being agressive. WWII went almost the same, except for more major french victories in North Africa, and france surrendering in February 13th, 1942, weakening the Germans. The 7th congress, scheduled to be in 1944, was postponed for 6 years. Soon, the 7th Congress will come, and with it, a ideological battle between French Communists, who lean to the USSR, French Social Democrats, whom lean to the US, or the Syndicalists, whom wish for a 3rd path, one to unite all syndicates of the world!

I added a bit, and deleted a bit, will work on it some more later today

Well, just as a start, you'll want to justify how the Syndicalists rose to power over the far more popular liberal ideology in the SFIO, and how they managed to gain such an absolute victory that they drowned out all other parties. Just as a start. Then you'll want to go into why the Bourgoise would be so paranoid of an established political party, especially one where Possibilists were popular, to drag France into a Civil War that could easily open the country up to German aggression.

You still need to discuss why it took 30 years for the first socialist congress to be held after WWI. You'd also need to justify how you revived the Walloon movement before WWII, and how you birthed the Jurassic movement years before it's birth.

That's assuming OP will even begin to look at this given their recent ruling that the POD for Majors is 1945.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pm

Country Name: United States of America
Head of State/Government: Harry Truman
Type of Government: Representative Democracy
Capital: Washington DC
Map/location: US territory 1949, American Occupation Zones of Germany and Austria, the Philippines
Population: 149 Million
History: Mostly irl history, with one notable difference being the creation of an Imperial Japanese Government in exile to oppose the Communist Japan; made up of mostly any troops outside of Japan at the time and therefore unable to reach the mainland because of the US Fleet.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Lemlar
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lemlar » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:33 pm

Country Name: Union of Socialist Balkan Republics (USBR)
Head of State/Government: Unitary Marxist–Leninist one–party socialist republic
Type of Government:
Capital: Bucharest and Sofia
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here) Bulgaria+Romania
Population: 23,487,290
Faction: Soviets
History: Bulgaria and Romania having both gone through WWII together, and having faced fascism and been destroyed by it's effects decided to help each other to rebuild and were approached by Joseph Stalin a couple months after VE day in 1945 about potentially creating a balkan based version of the USSR called the SBR, meaning the Socialist Balkan Republic, this would be in contrast with an SSR, or Soviet Socialist Republic. Stalin helped both leaders draft up a plan to unite and merge their populations once the socialist and or communist party took over with the USSR's help of course. After the socialist takeover of both nations, the two decided to officially merge as suggested by Stalin. The new nation would call itself the Union of Socialist Balkan Republics and plan to enter into an alliance talk with Yugoslavia and Albania. Both nations would integrate each others ethnic groups into each others jurisdictions.

If you want me to, I can go further w my backstory.
Last edited by Lemlar on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Εκτακτες Ειδήσεις: LemlarΛεμλαρ, ξεκινώντας μια νέα εποχή καθώς το πράσινο κόμμα έχει δημιουργήσει έναν συνασπισμό με τους καθιερωμένους μοναρχικούς.

Derika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Lemlar wrote:
Country Name:Socialist People’s Republic of Bulgaria-Romania
Type of Government:
History: Constantin Parhon and Valko Chervenkov, both being communists and wanting to further the goals set by Lenin and by default Stalin, decided to come together to unify their respective nations based on the belief that socialism/communism shouldn’t be bound by national borders and sovereignty.

Probably go into further detail

Edit: Soviets aren't a faction, you could be Soviet-leaning and be in the Warsaw Pact though.
Last edited by Derika on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alta Californians
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alta Californians » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:59 pm

oh crap, I forgot. I'lll have to create a different nation then.

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Alta Californians wrote:so when will the IC start?

No set time frame. I need to make sure we all are understanding what's happening, and we agree on the apps. Hopefully soon.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Country Name: United States of America
Head of State/Government: Harry Truman
Type of Government: Representative Democracy
Capital: Washington DC
Map/location: US territory 1949, American Occupation Zones of Germany and Austria, the Philippines
Population: 149 Million
History: Mostly irl history, with one notable difference being the creation of an Imperial Japanese Government in exile to oppose the Communist Japan; made up of mostly any troops outside of Japan at the time and therefore unable to reach the mainland because of the US Fleet.

Accepted

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:Hey I was suggested to join the RP by Wargloria, I was wondering if I could join as a nation very much like Taiwan, but in this case instead of having breaking away from China, it having been a place where former Japanese officials and leaders to refuge after their defeat. I understand The Felan Federation has taken Japan and said the leadership of Japan was taken out, but I think it would be within reason to have the former Prince Yasuhito, having been in Gotemba, Shizuoka Prefecture during the atomic bombings in recovery from his illness; be the new Emperor of Japan, or should The Felan Federation object, one of the other Imperial Houses. Such as then Prince Akihito, or Prince Masahito, who in 1944 had been sent to Nikkō, Tochigi to escape the Tokyo Bombings.

This is an interesting proposal. I probably would have you talk with Dentali on this, since they're China.

United Elemental Nations wrote:
Country Name:Nationalist Spain
Head of State/Government:Francisco Franco
Type of Government:Right wing Dictatorship
Capital:Madrid
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here)Spain controls the Entire Iberian Peninsula
Population:36628113
Faction:NATO
History:Francisco Franco took power after the end of the Spanish Civil War in 1938. In October 1941, Spain declares war on Portugal quickly take the country in 4 weeks. Hitler asked Franco to join the Axis but Franco refused by declaring that the new Iberian Union will remain neutral but secretly will support the Allies. After WW2, the Iberian Union signs a mutual defence treaty with the United States because Franco is wary of a Communist France on its northern border. With the help of the United States and the UK, Franco is able to rebuild his country's military and creation of its own nuclear weapons.

I think you should expand on the invasion of Portugal. The invasion was only 2 years after the Spanish Civil War, which probably would have more reperucssions, at least internally. Looks nice otherwise

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Head of State/Government: Emperor Alexandros I (ruled King of the Hellenes: 1917 AD - 1921 AD; ruled as Emperor of the Hellenes: 1921 AD - Present); Chancellor Alexandros Papagos (ruled: 1941 AD - Present)

After the subsiding of the "Venizelist Fever" (1931-1934), things calmed down for a very short time; but this was merely surface-level. Prime Minister Metaxas used the Venizelist uprising to his own advantage, to tighten his hold on the Government; something which the indolent Emperor Alexandros I not only did nothing to hinder, but actually encouraged. Metaxas was granted emergency powers and named as Chancellor of the Hellenic Empire. He created a secret police force known as the Security Battalions; with which he hunted down all Venizelists as well as Communists, Liberals, and anybody remotely Left-wing, labelling them "disturbers of the peace". In 1935, Metaxas signed trade and defence pacts with Benito Mussolini of Italy, and the aforementioned King Alexander I of Yugoslavia. He also maintained balanced and friendly relations with both Britain, and a resurgent German Reich. Using fund obtained from international trade, the Imperial Government rebuilt destroyed sections of Constantinople in a grand, new Hellenic Classical style (including the illustrious Blachernae Palace; built on the ruins of the Ottoman Sultan's Palace); roads and railroads throughout the country, etc. Meanwhile, the harsh persecutions against the "disturbers of the peace" encouraged the formation of underground political and revolutionary societies dedicated to the overthrowing of the Imperial Regime. However, they were forced to remain in hiding; and festered in secret.

I added more...

The last paragraph sort of sets up the Greek Communist menace and the Civil War coming in the 1940s. What I would like to know before continuing are the following things:

1) Will Fascist Italy still become hostile and attempt an Invasion of Greece in 1940?

2) Will Nazi Germany still invade the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and Greece in 1941?

3) Does Metaxas have to die in January of 1941 as he did IRL, or can I extend his life until 1943-44? Because I'm thinking the Communists will come out of hiding and start causing shit after he dies. This could coincide with Tito's takeover of Yugoslavia; which all of this is kind of based on what Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy do and Greece's and Yugoslavia's position towards World War II and the Axis and Allied sides. I'm assuming both would seek neutrality as they did IRL; but a lot of what happens depends on Germany's invasion or not of the Balkans.

The history seems nice to me. So, I'm pretty sure that Germany invaded only due to Italy's utter failure in that regard, so whether or not Yugoslavia and Greece are invaded depends entirely on Italy. Italy invaded probably to gain prestige and to make themselves look good in front of the Germans. I'd say this is likely to still happen, especially if Greece wasn't all too stable in the interim years.

For your third point, Metaxas living further is ok.

Lemlar wrote:
Type of Government:
History: Constantin Parhon and Valko Chervenkov, both being communists and wanting to further the goals set by Lenin and by default Stalin, decided to come together to unify their respective nations based on the belief that socialism/communism shouldn’t be bound by national borders and sovereignty.

The history needs more expansion. There should be more of a reason for them to unite besides communism.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Alta Californians
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alta Californians » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:26 pm

OLD APPLICATION IS VOID

(this is a heavy WIP)
Country Name:New Gran Colombia
Head of State/Government:Mauricio Pablo Valerio
Type of Government:Democratic Republic
Capital:Bogotá/Caracas
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here)Ecuador,Colombia,and Venezuela
Population:20,933,713
Faction:(Aligned to NATO)
History:afterI Colombia thought it would be neuteral. Their government pursued a policy, of building up economic influence in Ecuador, eventually forcing their government into massive debt, and the Colombians offered a deal. Annexation, and their debt would be cancelled. The Ecuadorean Government agreed, and Ecuador was annexed. Venezeula had always been worrying, A fascist like power, with sympathies to the old Nazi state.As the war drew to a close Colombia invaded Venezuela, citing explosions of train cars by Venezuela. The Venezuelans had a much smaller military, and were soon annexed. During the peace talks, privately to the Western allies, they said that a strong state in latin America could defend against Communism. These arguments prevailed, and soon, the New Republic of Gran Colombia was announced. People went out of power, and Mauricio Pablo Valerio, a hitherto unknown conservative politician gained the top job. As of now, Colombia is at acrossroads. Should they continue leaning towards the US? Or lan towards the USSR? Or even, a third path, one which could Diplomatically unite Latin America.

Lemlar
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lemlar » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Asardia wrote:
Lemlar wrote:
Type of Government:

The history needs more expansion. There should be more of a reason for them to unite besides communism.

See edits.

Hypron
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2018

Postby Hypron » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:26 pm

I feel like this could happen but in 1953 and without so much advanced weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81tbO6M7jE

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Asardia wrote:
TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:Hey I was suggested to join the RP by Wargloria, I was wondering if I could join as a nation very much like Taiwan, but in this case instead of having breaking away from China, it having been a place where former Japanese officials and leaders to refuge after their defeat. I understand The Felan Federation has taken Japan and said the leadership of Japan was taken out, but I think it would be within reason to have the former Prince Yasuhito, having been in Gotemba, Shizuoka Prefecture during the atomic bombings in recovery from his illness; be the new Emperor of Japan, or should The Felan Federation object, one of the other Imperial Houses. Such as then Prince Akihito, or Prince Masahito, who in 1944 had been sent to Nikkō, Tochigi to escape the Tokyo Bombings.

This is an interesting proposal. I probably would have you talk with Dentali on this, since they're China.

I did ask Dentali, and although he doubts the Japanese's troops ability to survive, which doesn't make sense, cause they were already there and had survived there for decades, but I noticed in his app he doesn't claim Taiwan, so I was wondering if I could continue with creating an app.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:17 pm

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
Asardia wrote:

I did ask Dentali, and although he doubts the Japanese's troops ability to survive, which doesn't make sense, cause they were already there and had survived there for decades, but I noticed in his app he doesn't claim Taiwan, so I was wondering if I could continue with creating an app.

.... i speaking to you via tg its bad form to start badmouthing me. No it makes no sense at all. for reason I have TGed you, do you want to have the conversation here or via tg? i'm not doing both

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse