NATION

PASSWORD

The Cold War RP (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thoughts on rebooting?

1: Yes, reboot
76%
2: A reboot is ok, but not now
8%
3: Don't reboot
16%

Total votes : 25

Eggistaan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Is jordan free?
I'm sorry for all the people who saw the redefinition of stupidity when I was playing as Hatootehland back in 2015. I was eleven then, yes, I was eleven.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Eggistaan wrote:Is jordan free?

yep
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Eggistaan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

The Cold War RP (OOC, Open)

Postby Eggistaan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Country Name: The Hashimite kingdom of Greater Jordan
Head of State/Government: King Abdullah 1
Type of Government: Monarchy
Capital: Amman
Map/location Modern day Jordan, Lebanon and Syria + The west bank
Population: 5 million
Faction: Not aligned (Yet)
History:
With the release of Jordan as a British mandate in 1946, King Abdullah 1 was crowned and the hashemite kingdom of Transjordan was created. The new nation however was facing trouble with its next door neighbour Palestine whose land was being given to the Jews. Jordan agreed to help out the friend in peril by joining the Arab states in invading what the Jews had taken in 1948. The Transjordan army immediately snatched the West bank and stopped there, agreeing with the Jews that they would be shown mercy if they agreed not to fight anymore. Transjordan, now named The hashemite kingdom of Jordan set its eyes on the Syrian nation and began to build up its army. The unsuspecting Syrians managed to secure a stalemate in the 1952 invasion of Syria but in the end their lines were broken and they surrendered when Jordanian troops marched into Damascus after a few years of fighting. After recovering its army from the previous war, Jordan carried out another flash invasion of Lebanon and being a country that was surrounded by only enemies it succumbed to the Jordanian war machine in only 3 months and was fully annexed in 1958. Although Israel and Jordan are on "You dont touch me i dont touch you." terms, relations with Iraq following Jordans' betrayal of the Arabs' ,Relations with Iraq have deteriorated however both countries do not want to fight another war. (Ill have to play out the events if we have not reached these dates yet, i would love if countries like Saudi or Egypt intervened.)
Last edited by Eggistaan on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm sorry for all the people who saw the redefinition of stupidity when I was playing as Hatootehland back in 2015. I was eleven then, yes, I was eleven.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Eggistaan wrote:
History:
With the release of Jordan as a British mandate in 1946, King Abdullah 1 was crowned and the hashemite kingdom of Transjordan was created. The new nation however was facing trouble with its next door neighbour Palestine whose land was being given to the Jews. Jordan agreed to help out the friend in peril by joining the Arab states in invading what the Jews had taken in 1948. The Transjordan army immediately snatched the West bank and stopped there, agreeing with the Jews that they would be shown mercy if they agreed not to fight anymore. Transjordan, now named The hashemite kingdom of Jordan set its eyes on the Syrian nation and began to build up its army. The unsuspecting Syrians managed to secure a stalemate in the 1952 invasion of Syria but in the end their lines were broken and they surrendered when Jordanian troops marched into Damascus after a few years of fighting. After recovering its army from the previous war, Jordan carried out another flash invasion of Lebanon and being a country that was surrounded by only enemies it succumbed to the Jordanian war machine in only 3 months and was fully annexed in 1958. Although Israel and Jordan are on "You dont touch me i dont touch you." terms, relations with Iraq following Jordans' betrayal of the Arabs' ,Relations with Iraq have deteriorated however both countries do not want to fight another war. (Ill have to play out the events if we have not reached these dates yet, i would love if countries like Saudi or Egypt intervened.)

No No No No. The way you are referring to "the Jews" alone is cause for denying your app. Additionally we have an Israel player and you have clearly not read the OP about what year it is.

Pick another country

Eggistaan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Dentali wrote:
Eggistaan wrote:
History:

No No No No. The way you are referring to "the Jews" alone is cause for denying your app. Additionally we have an Israel player and you have clearly not read the OP about what year it is.

Pick another country

okay but that is literally what they were before Israel, plus checked the map Israel was free...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Eggistaan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Pick another country

okay but that is literally what they were before Israel, plus checked the map Israel was free...

Israel is free because the player left but they still had an accepted app and made posts so their history MUST be respected.

Eggistaan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:25 pm

Dentali wrote:
Eggistaan wrote:

Israel is free because the player left but they still had an accepted app and made posts so their history MUST be respected.

Honestly suit yourself, read the timeline on your OP, nothing about Israel (Which didnt exist in 1948 by the way), map, nothing about Israel but im supposed to respect a history i didnt know existed... :clap:

Not even mentioning you acting as if saying "the Jews" is some kind of slur...
Last edited by Eggistaan on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Persian State
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Persian State » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Dentali wrote:
Eggistaan wrote:
History:

Pick another country

He didn’t say anything demeaning about the Jews
Persian Empire basically

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Eggistaan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Honestly suit yourself, read the timeline on your OP, nothing about Israel (Which didnt exist in 1948 by the way), map, nothing about Israel but im supposed to respect a history i didnt know existed... :clap:

Not even mentioning you acting as if saying "the Jews" is some kind of slur...

"what the Jews had taken in 1948"

Imagine replacing that with The Blacks. You are referring to a race instead of a nation. And if the territory is NOT ISRAEL than how are you invading it? Then youre just invading british territory. The modern state of Israel was founded in 1948.

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:10 pm

Kamchakta wrote:
Asardia wrote:Dentali will now be the US. China will once again be open to new apps.

Also, for the new US, here's some more Events:

Since Dentali is now the US, that means that the USSR will probably maintain some control over Manchuria if a communist government is not in place. That means that Korea will most likely receive an event, either regarding China itself or Soviet troops in Manchuria

I also plan on getting some events for Egypt now that the Suez Crisis is pretty much resolved, and if anyone else needs some events, please let me know

I discussed this with Dentali, if he is becoming the USA, I will be replacing him as the Republic of China as Zhang Lan. I am not sure if I can duel Korea but that is what we intended. This is because we actually have been discussing about a treaty in Asia we intend to announce to the World at the UN meeting.

This role will be suited as I can speak Chinese, I intend to make it as realistic as possible.

Ah I see. If you're able to do both Korea and China, I think that'll work out. Otherwise you can focus only on China then

Agarntrop wrote:has the security council summit ended yet?

It appears so. I do think the General Assembly is meeting next

Eggistaan wrote:
History:

We are currently only in 1949, and Dentali's concerns appear to be based on past experience with an Israel RPer who handled the nation horribly. I believe this is why the app was so scrutinized.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Chinese Kaohsiung
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Kaohsiung » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 pm

If A player can play as two nations, Can I be Israel as well since Malaysia would need to take abt 1960s-70s to have it's economy big enough to have it's voice heard.
Last edited by Chinese Kaohsiung on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:31 pm

Chinese Kaohsiung wrote:If A player can play as two nations, Can I be Israel as well since Malaysia would need to take abt 1960s-70s to have it's economy big enough to have it's voice heard.

eh... the Korea china thing is more because of a similarity in location, direction, backstory... they are essentially on the same trajectory

Chinese Kaohsiung
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Kaohsiung » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:03 pm

Fair enough

United Elemental Nations
Attaché

Founded: Sep 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby United Elemental Nations » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Can anybody notice that I'm having a civil war right now?

Derika
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Derika » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:58 am

Sorry for the short posts recently. I've had a personal event happen, and I must take care of it first before I can make longer posts.
my evidence? trust me bro

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:00 am

United Elemental Nations wrote:Can anybody notice that I'm having a civil war right now?

I didn't know that occured. All I knew is than Venezuela had communist rebels, but I thought they acted similar to the 26th of July movement in Cuba. In that case, I'll probably get some events up for you and my next post will address it

Derika wrote:Sorry for the short posts recently. I've had a personal event happen, and I must take care of it first before I can make longer posts.

Totally understand.

Chinese Kaohsiung wrote:Fair enough

I agree with Dentali. The duelling nations is not something I particularly want, and the case with China and Korea made sense due to America's absence. If you want to change nations, that's ok. Lemlar did it. India is not taken as well, and the France player has been absent
Last edited by Asardia on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Speyland
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Speyland » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Hey guys! I have to drop out of this RP because I just lost interest. Sorry about that!

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Speyland wrote:Hey guys! I have to drop out of this RP because I just lost interest. Sorry about that!

oof
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:10 am

Speyland wrote:Hey guys! I have to drop out of this RP because I just lost interest. Sorry about that!

C'est la vie.

Agarntrop wrote:

oof

Ayy are you going to start another crisis in Morocco? Also we should be heading over to the General Assembly meeting at the UN now. Whenever I get the chance today, I'll have the USSR vote in favor of the resolution and we'll go from there

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:07 am

Asardia wrote:

C'est la vie.

Agarntrop wrote:oof

Ayy are you going to start another crisis in Morocco? Also we should be heading over to the General Assembly meeting at the UN now. Whenever I get the chance today, I'll have the USSR vote in favor of the resolution and we'll go from there

i honestly just think we should call it with the UN after the vote. We've been stuck here for awhile ICly and if we keep doing UN stuff its going to freeze the rp for a bit

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:21 am

Asardia wrote:

C'est la vie.

Agarntrop wrote:oof

When the un meeting is over I attack Morocco.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 am

Dentali wrote:
Asardia wrote:
C'est la vie.

i honestly just think we should call it with the UN after the vote. We've been stuck here for awhile ICly and if we keep doing UN stuff its going to freeze the rp for a bit

Ok. Also, I probably won't be able to get a good post up until later this afternoon, so you guys can end the meeting as the USSR will vote in favor of the resolution

Agarntrop wrote:
Asardia wrote:
C'est la vie.

I wonder what your response will be to international community. South Africa questioned your true socialist ideals, and the Soviet Union won't involve itself. This would further complicate decolonization matters as well.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:10 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Asardia wrote:
C'est la vie.

condemnation probably but little to no direct action, Morocco just isn't worth it

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:37 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Asardia wrote:
C'est la vie.

Egypt would probably call for Morocco to become an independent country, maybe issue a condemnation, but it won't [can't] do much.
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Okay, sorry I've been missing, I had a lot of work to do plus I was pretty sick for most of this time

This is the USA btw

So, what've I missed and what must I catch up on?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse