NATION

PASSWORD

The Esoterics: Devil's Whisper OOC (Fantasy, Open, Intrigue)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Did you notice my JoJo reference with Sumani Seigana

1: yes
20%
2: no
No votes
3: what
80%

Total votes : 5

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:01 am

Frachen wrote:By the way guys, how long do each of you estimate your response time will be? I can almost guarantee mine will be within the day, due to my frequent activity. I just want to know so I can get a rough estimate of how often I should check back.

I can also respond daily for the most part, although I am rather lazy.

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:
You play Code Vein? Ah I see you're a person of culture as well

I got the true ending on my first playthrough, now I'm helping my friend before I go on to NG+. I'm only 8 achievements away from having them all.

Gotta catch em all
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:04 am

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:By the way guys, how long do each of you estimate your response time will be? I can almost guarantee mine will be within the day, due to my frequent activity. I just want to know so I can get a rough estimate of how often I should check back.

5pb wrote:
I got the true ending on my first playthrough, now I'm helping my friend before I go on to NG+. I'm only 8 achievements away from having them all.

Gotta catch em all

Thanks, I'm also kinda lazy too tbh with ya.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:06 am

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Gotta catch em all

Thanks, I'm also kinda lazy too tbh with ya.

Lol. I prefer to make my posts longer because I don't want just a few lines, so that also impacts it, as I easily get distracted.

Also we need some more court positions.

Arbitration Censorate:
Grand Imperial Arbitrator
Deputy Imperial Arbitrator
Hand of the Gods (handles persecution of nobles)

State Affairs:
State Chancellor
Imperial Treasurer (very important)
Minister of Architecture

Imperial Affairs:
Imperial Premier
Promoter

Machi Yin:
I think we can stick with Shogun for now

And for the Kosen Machi:

Elites (refers to the Mayato/Cheristi, Jikosuro, or Kamuri)
Imperial Adviser (my boi Sarin holds this post)
Noble Commoners (nobles who don't have elite status)

I'll expand later, and I'll also probably go to Google Translate to give the names something more unique sounding
Last edited by Asardia on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:Thanks, I'm also kinda lazy too tbh with ya.

Lol. I prefer to make my posts longer because I don't want just a few lines, so that also impacts it, as I easily get distracted.

Arbitration Censorate:

State Affairs:
State Chancellor
Minister of Architecture

Imperial Affairs:
Imperial Premier
Promoter

Machi Yin:

And for the Kosen Machi:

I'll expand later, and I'll also probably go to Google Translate to give the names something more unique sounding

Xavi can be the Imperial Treasurer if you want. I'm toying with the idea of some kids, Nightmare's past, and a few more details.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Within a day or two.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:37 pm

5pb wrote:

Within a day or two.

thanks for the info
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Arbitration Censorate:

State Affairs:
State Chancellor
Minister of Architecture

Imperial Affairs:
Imperial Premier
Promoter

Machi Yin:

And for the Kosen Machi:

Xavi can be the Imperial Treasurer if you want. I'm toying with the idea of some kids, Nightmare's past, and a few more details.

The Imperial Treasurer is really only important for those that use it correctly. Xavi can hold that position, or he can be a State Chancellor or something. Also looking forward to seeing the new ideas you have

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:08 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:Xavi can be the Imperial Treasurer if you want. I'm toying with the idea of some kids, Nightmare's past, and a few more details.

The Imperial Treasurer is really only important for those that use it correctly. Xavi can hold that position, or he can be a State Chancellor or something. Also looking forward to seeing the new ideas you have

Yeah, I guess that doesn't really fit him now that I think bout it, yeah, State Chancellor sounds good.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Yeah, I guess that doesn't really fit him now that I think bout it, yeah, State Chancellor sounds good.

Alright. While on the topic, what's the news with the Kosen Machi conference that was going on? I had Sarin and Arrindor attend but it seemed nothing is happening.

Also, I'm assuming this a reference to Diva's Charm Talk Ability?
His words settle on Ayato like a mist, they have a calming effect, sure, he could shake it off pretty quickly if he remained focused, but his words feel so good, most people find them very intoxicating.

In which case, I recommend making it clear beforehand. Something like "Diva decides to tap into the power of his Esoteric Magic...". For the original Devil's Whisper, I changed the text color to reflect the ability being used. Just a suggestion

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:Yeah, I guess that doesn't really fit him now that I think bout it, yeah, State Chancellor sounds good.

Alright. While on the topic, what's the news with the Kosen Machi conference that was going on? I had Sarin and Arrindor attend but it seemed nothing is happening.

His words settle on Ayato like a mist, they have a calming effect, sure, he could shake it off pretty quickly if he remained focused, but his words feel so good, most people find them very intoxicating.

In which case, I recommend making it clear beforehand. Something like "Diva decides to tap into the power of his Esoteric Magic...". For the original Devil's Whisper, I changed the text color to reflect the ability being used. Just a suggestion

K, yeah, that's his charm talk, I'll change the font color to a blue, but I did state he used it.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

K, yeah, that's his charm talk, I'll change the font color to a blue, but I did state he used it.

That's true. It just looks to me that it had no effect on Rin and Taka, probably because it was mentioned so casually that it went unnoticed by 5pb.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:K, yeah, that's his charm talk, I'll change the font color to a blue, but I did state he used it.

That's true. It just looks to me that it had no effect on Rin and Taka, probably because it was mentioned so casually that it went unnoticed by 5pb.

It's strength depends on the amount of effort Diva puts in, and he rarely inputs any strength to it, making his words little more than a calm, cool, sweet idea that people like, but don't always follow. Diva is free now, so if you want to use Devil's whisper, the time is approaching. I would like some dialouge interchanged between the characters before it happens though.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:57 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

It's strength depends on the amount of effort Diva puts in, and he rarely inputs any strength to it, making his words little more than a calm, cool, sweet idea that people like, but don't always follow. Diva is free now, so if you want to use Devil's whisper, the time is approaching. I would like some dialouge interchanged between the characters before it happens though.

Yeah you're right. I realized I was applying the rules of Devil's Whisper to Charm Talk. The two have similar effects, but are fundamentally different. My bad

I'll have Jasmine go out and interact with him. She won't use Devil's Whisper unless Maurikael commands her to do so, which will allow for a lot of dialogue between the two.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:It's strength depends on the amount of effort Diva puts in, and he rarely inputs any strength to it, making his words little more than a calm, cool, sweet idea that people like, but don't always follow. Diva is free now, so if you want to use Devil's whisper, the time is approaching. I would like some dialouge interchanged between the characters before it happens though.

Yeah you're right. I realized I was applying the rules of Devil's Whisper to Charm Talk. The two have similar effects, but are fundamentally different. My bad

I'll have Jasmine go out and interact with him. She won't use Devil's Whisper unless Maurikael commands her to do so, which will allow for a lot of dialogue between the two.

You're fine, it's cool.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:40 am

In the other RP I'm running, there's a system known as Events. Its purpose is to give the players issues to respond to if nothing else is really going on. I have a feeling we'll need a version of it here, as I noticed Lastfell hasn't been posting and the three of us only respond if we're directly in a situation that requires it

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:30 am

Asardia wrote:In the other RP I'm running, there's a system known as Events. Its purpose is to give the players issues to respond to if nothing else is really going on. I have a feeling we'll need a version of it here, as I noticed Lastfell hasn't been posting and the three of us only respond if we're directly in a situation that requires it

Yeah, good idea....I agree. I have something coming we can all interact with soon.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:In the other RP I'm running, there's a system known as Events. Its purpose is to give the players issues to respond to if nothing else is really going on. I have a feeling we'll need a version of it here, as I noticed Lastfell hasn't been posting and the three of us only respond if we're directly in a situation that requires it

Yeah, good idea....I agree. I have something coming we can all interact with soon.

What is that?

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:Yeah, good idea....I agree. I have something coming we can all interact with soon.

What is that?

It involves a LOT of npcs, and basically Nightmare is going to stage an attack on the capital, in a extreme, and unexpected attempt to firmly place Arrindor on the throne. Portray Arrindor as the hero of the narrative, keep others who could help out of the fight by taking care of them personally, and get rid of any contender to the throne.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:
What is that?

It involves a LOT of npcs, and basically Nightmare is going to stage an attack on the capital, in a extreme, and unexpected attempt to firmly place Arrindor on the throne. Portray Arrindor as the hero of the narrative, keep others who could help out of the fight by taking care of them personally, and get rid of any contender to the throne.

Wow, Nightmare is a madlad. I think this can work, as things haven't picked up here.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:It involves a LOT of npcs, and basically Nightmare is going to stage an attack on the capital, in a extreme, and unexpected attempt to firmly place Arrindor on the throne. Portray Arrindor as the hero of the narrative, keep others who could help out of the fight by taking care of them personally, and get rid of any contender to the throne.

Wow, Nightmare is a madlad. I think this can work, as things haven't picked up here.

Nightmare stops at nothing to get his desired result, sacrificing anything, and anyone in order to achieve his goal.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:12 pm

For the whole "Rin is the middle prince" thing I think that the first prince should recognize him at some point and call out his real name.

Also feel free to have random people like guards interact with him.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Nightmare stops at nothing to get his desired result, sacrificing anything, and anyone in order to achieve his goal.

anyone left alive: Did you do it?
Nightmare: Yes
anyone left alive: What did it cost?
Nightmare: Everything

5pb wrote:For the whole "Rin is the middle prince" thing I think that the first prince should recognize him at some point and call out his real name.

ayy I'm going to have the Machi Yin talk to him. Arrindor may come across him as well, as it appears the Kosen Machi meeting isn't going anywhere.
Last edited by Asardia on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:Nightmare stops at nothing to get his desired result, sacrificing anything, and anyone in order to achieve his goal.

5pb wrote:For the whole "Rin is the middle prince" thing I think that the first prince should recognize him at some point and call out his real name.

ayy I'm going to have the Machi Yin talk to him. Arrindor may come across him as well, as it appears the Kosen Machi meeting isn't going anywhere.

YES!
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq_Fm7qfRQk

I'm planning on Sumani being another Esoteric. Not entirely sure on his ability, but I want it to revolve around gambling and low level probability manipulation. I think it'll add quite a bit to the RP
Last edited by Asardia on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:17 am

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq_Fm7qfRQk

I'm planning on Sumani being another Esoteric. Not entirely sure on his ability, but I want it to revolve around gambling and low level probability manipulation. I think it'll add quite a bit to the RP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0mgCnFr-N8
Probability manipulation tho? I wonder how that would work.
Last edited by Frachen on Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse