NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites- Infinite Gauntlet -(Supers, Comedy) OOC,Done

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When this is done, should we start a new arc and if so, when?

Yes - Start a new arc the second this is done.
38%
Yes - Start a new arc sometime in the near future.
8%
Yes - Plan on starting a new arc 6 months from now (or at least a long time to recover from this one).
8%
Maybe - If we can get more active players.
23%
No - It was a great run, thanks for all your OPing, Talc. But let's allow this franchise to die a peaceful death.
23%

Total votes : 13

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:19 am

Shamelessly quoting myself so this will be the first post and will be seen more often than if it were the last post on the previous page.

Talchyon wrote:
Skarten wrote:I posted. It's not a long post, but it's a post.

I thought it was great. Man. You had me thinking Blank State was going to the meteor, and I began trying to think of how the plot was going to unfold, and then you went to cow-tipping instead. Classic.

Hey guys. Just your friendly neighborhood OP here. I have a request. There is a button at the top in gray color that is a pretty impressive button, and I would like to suggest that you use it. It is called, "Spoiler." How it works is like this. You highlight all the text you want spoilered, and then you press spoiler. If you want the spoiler to say something about what's inside, then when it comes up with the brackets with spoiler in the middle, you add an = sign after the word spoiler inside the brackets and then type what you want without punctuation. Punctuation makes it not work for some reason. Especially do that on my long posts. There were like three of you that just quoted me without spoilering it. It would help if you guys would, especially since half my posts are like newspapers. Try spoilering. Thanks.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:36 am

Hey, I will not have the time to post in the RP for the next few days, don't expect word from me anytime soon
I hope I am understood.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Brancoveanic Transylvania
Attaché

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:40 am

Also, wrote something cryptic for Diana's lore. I'll just paste it in here incase we wanna reference it somehow.

What you need is my Stand "The Time".

What you can find beyond the powers of my Stand is where you need to go in order to find Paradise. What you need is a trustworthy friend. She must be a woman, one capable of controlling her own desires. She must be someone who is not interested in political power, fame, wealth, or sexual desire, and who chooses the will of God before the law of humans.

Will I, DIA be able to- MOM, SHUT UP, I'M DICTATING MY MANIFESTO! Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah. Will I, DIA, meet someone like this one day?

What I also need is the lives of more than 36 humans who have sinned, because those who have sinned harbor a strong power within. I suppose walking into a furry convention or maybe a prison will do.

There are 14 phrases that one must keep in mind:

Spiral staircase (Spirae scalam)
Rhinoceros beetle (Dynastinae)
Desolation Row (Desolatione ordo)
Fig tart (Fugo acerbus)
Via Dolorosa
Singularity point (Singularitas illud)
Giotto (Giottus)
Angel (Misericordiae)
Hydrangea (Hydrangeaceae)
Singularity point (Singularitas illud)
Dirty Deeds (Sordida factis)
I'll engrave these words onto my Stand so I won't forget them. What is most necessary is "courage"; I must have the courage to destroy my Stand momentarily, as I hope it will let me as well. As it disintegrates, my Stand will absorb the souls of the 36 sinners and will give birth to something utterly new.

Whatever is born will "awaken". It will show interest in the 14 words that my trusted friend will utter... My friend will trust me and I will become his "friend".

Lastly, I need an appropriate location. North latitude, 28 degrees, 24 minutes, West longitude 80 degrees, 36 minutes...

Merging between god, man, machine and nothing there in between...

Go there and wait for the New Moon...

That's when Paradise will arrive.
Last edited by Brancoveanic Transylvania on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Current year: 1795

Set in an alternate timeline where less-aggressive and civilised vampires roam Europe and mainly Transylvania, home of the infamous Vlad Draculesi long ago, think of what would happen if JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood meets Game of Thrones meets The Duellists meets War and Peace, Complete with the revolutionary-king-but-also-asshole Dionisie Brancoveanu under tension against his vengeance-lusted brother, now King of Hungary, Ionatan!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:46 am

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:I have three ways we could go;
A. DIA stops time and tries to bring the moose back
B. The Mite tries to lure it into his world
C. DIA's time stop fails and they just chase after it.

Also, on another useless note, I've actually thought up background characters and past stand users which I probably won't app for, and may or may not be sort of a funny genderbent slice-of-life clones of more characters from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. They'll probably just get mentions.

Also, DIA has a new motive, but it's a bit cryptic since it'll be explained in her diary.

I think we should poll the players and general public. What option should Branc choose? 1, 2, or 3?

Since I have no knowledge of JoJo's at all, I guess people could make all kinds of copycat characters from that and I would never know...

Interesting diary entry. I don't know what to think, but I liked the written reference to calling out her Mom for interrupting.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:47 am

Danubian Peoples wrote:Hey, I will not have the time to post in the RP for the next few days, don't expect word from me anytime soon
I hope I am understood.

IRL comes first. Do what you need to. We'll still be here.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:18 pm

Hey, Talch, when's the next post coming up?

Set in an alternate timeline where less-aggressive and civilised vampires roam Europe and mainly Transylvania, home of the infamous Vlad Draculesi long ago, think of what would happen if JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood meets Game of Thrones meets The Duellists meets War and Peace, Complete with the revolutionary-king-but-also-asshole Dionisie Brancoveanu under tension against his vengeance-lusted brother, now King of Hungary, Ionatan!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:Hey, Talch, when's the next post coming up?

Probably tomorrow. (This is one reason why I had been stressing interacting with other characters. Sometimes I get drained and my posts tend to be longer, which means I need to spend more time writing them...)

Yesterday was super busy for me. Today hasn't been but I have needed to recharge. Tomorrow, we'll get a post out.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:35 am

Name: Marie-Hélène Pierlot
Codename: Prophétie
Sex: Female
Appearance:

Biography:
Born in Rennes, France and raised in a poor suburb alongside her older, 15-year-old gangster sister Ameilie and was essentially born into a life of pranking, both of them having non-apparent parents. Sometime, Pierlot went over during a shoplifting heist and took a comic book from an occultist; one entitled "Pierlot Sisters Adventure" as soon as she looks at it. She keeps it for herself, and after the spree, she shows it to Ameilie, as the first pages begin and detail the lives of the two from start to the present; and then another page is created, one that sees the two get in a fight with a pair of wannabe gangsters while a cat runs up a tree; one swings a baseball bat that Ameilie ducks as it hits the tree, and a nearby police officer turns around while the criminals flee, as the officer and a middle-age woman saw the two, they mistook them for the saviors as Marie-Helene caught the cat and rewarded them with some money and a positive news story. Sometime later, they remember an old friend who was sent to juvenile hall at one point, and the one who snitched on them was back in memory, as they traveled to a park to seek out with only a photo. The sisters then look into the comic for the next prediction which shoes that the family of the snitch, the Lacroix, are having dinner at the Italian restaurant nearby, when Ameilie puts on a clever disguise as a waiter and puts vodka in their drinks, successfully exacting their revenge. Marie decides to stay in the shadows while Ameilie fulfills the prophecy.

Initially, the group decides to order tea, but their father decides to order the unopened coke instead. This seems to prevent Ameilie from spiking the drink at first, but an angry customer reacts to the warm coke he was served, causing the family to order the tea that Ameilie successfully poisons. However, right as the group is about to drink their tea, The family dog jumps off the leash and eats another customer's cake, causing the Lacroixes to abandon their tea to take care of the dog and leave the shop, which makes Marie and Ameilie angry. Eventually, following the comic's prophecy, Ameilie punches a nerdy-looking stranger and frightens him into dropping his wallet, giving the two money and temporarily pacifying them for their failure.

Following the comic's next major prediction, Ameilie then disguises as the child, Jane, and sneaks to their car to put in a stink bomb that looks like an orange.. However, her parents return and Ameilie is forced to play her role in order to prevent them from attacking her. The disguise backfires and Ameilie is dragged into the same car where she placed the bomb. Marie becomes shocked after finding out the true meaning of the comic's prophecy, that Ameilie is the one who will fall victim to the stink bomb with Jane's face, and mentally begs for her sister to transform back so that their intended interpretation of the prophecy will come true. Regardless, Ameilie accidentally steps on the stink bomb she set up, causing it to blow up and causes her to release the stinky cocktail and collapse on the smell. Marie then arrives and resolves to defeat the Lacroix family on his own, causing Ameilie to become proud of her younger sister's growth. However, the boy Ameilie assaulted earlier returns with other thugs, who beat up the two sisters and send them to the hospital.

After exiting the hospital, Marie learns of Jane going on vacation to the United States, teaming up with former friend and wanted African-American criminal Elizabeth "Lisa" Clash to avenge her sister (albeit only after Lisa had to resort to kidnapping Marie). Marie, hiding under a crate for the majority of Lisa's assisted assault, demonstrates the extent of the comic's power by showing its next prediction: that Lisa would kick an old woman and the woman will be thankful and give him money. Lisa is skeptical, but this is proven true when she sees a woman walking past her and, driven by the possibility of the prediction being true, runs and kicks the woman in the back, and finds out she killed a deadly scorpion on the woman's back, and is paid for saving her life.

The two then try to follow the next prediction, involving Lisa sticking her fingers up the Mr. Lacroix's nose and the rest of the family being hit by a running loose goat. Lisa, skeptical of the result, but willing to follow through nonetheless, sticks her fingers up the father's nose. A series of events is then triggered that leads up to the family being hit by a goat. However, as soon as this happens as they cheer together in triumph, it turns out that not only did Jane herself survive, but the a handgun Lisa was having in an appendix carry fired into her own leg whilst she was celebrating, hospitalisting her and leaving Marie to her own devices, looking for another villain to team up with whilst also keeping herself together using the predictions. She encourages herself to be brave in the hopes that, one day, she can become a grand villain under the title "Prophétie".

Powers:
Marie's power is within a comic book entitled "Pierlot Sisters' Adventure", which adopts an overtly feminine "girly" artstyle utilising bright colours, comprised of cutesy anime-style representations of the characters and the environment complete with random rainbows, emojis or similar stylistic quirks. The comic book narrates the future in a childish way with enthusiastically and childishly written texts punctuating the comic-book. Its' main purpose, though, is to predict the future.

The book is mostly filled with blank pages, but as time passes, more pages will fill up, predicting coming events up to 30 minutes ahead in the future. Moreover, the predicted events will be relevant to the reader, thus an artist reading the book has read his own future death; while Ameilie read about her future attempts at pranking the family. Prophétie claims the events depicted in the comic-book are guaranteed to always come true; in all its appearances thus far, the predictions happen without fail, although sometimes in a roundabout way. For example, while it depicts Jane being caught by the stink blast, it is Ameilie, with the appearance of Jane, who is dealt with by the stink bomb.

However, Pierlot Sisters' Adventure only predicts key events without showing what happens between them or significant details. Because the drawings are incomplete and the narration texts misleading, everything the comic predicts is subject to interpretation. For instance, the story stated that Lisa would kick a woman, after which she would be thankful and give him all her jewelry, leaving out the fact that she would do so to save her from being stung by a poisonous scorpion. Furthermore, it only predicts up to several minutes in the future meaning that an action that seems beneficial may have consequences later. Because of the comic-book, Ameilie mugged a man she thought was easy prey, but the man later came back with several thugs to beat her up. This makes Pierlot Sisters' Adventure incredibly difficult to use. The comic's writing is also printed in French, so only French-speakers can understand the writing in the comics.

If someone were to not act as the comic-book predicted, even by accident, such as when Lisa preformed the action two minutes ahead without realizing it, Marie claims that they would be punished and events would conspire to make the predictions true at the expense of the offender. Thus a different goat had hit the family, though her gun discharged and shot her in the leg, making the predictions true in a way whilst critically injuring Lisa.

The comic also has a common tendency to make mundane prophecies, such as describing you eating lunch or getting dressed in the manner. These sometimes have hints detailing at the major arrivals of opponents, but still, the comic can usually produce some boring material.

RP sample:

(Answer this as if you were speaking as your villain) -
Describe your abilities: "Well, my comic is Pierlot Sisters' Adventure, and with it, I can predict the future! It's sparkly and always right! But, y'know, sometimes the future isn't very nice, to say the least. Though, simply put from my country, c'est la vie!"
Why did you turn to crime: "Simply put; I was born in the worst neighbourhood in France. A cul-de-sac that is more like a cul-de-garbage-bag. Me and my sister essentially needed to steal and stuff to survive. Plus, you know, we were pretty good pranksters. Of course, I spent my money on candy."
Why did you further become a supervillain: "After my previous two adventures, I feel like my comic is, like, super amazing! With another person, as number two, we'd be unstoppable, and I'd be able to make a load off it."
How do you feel about the Infinites: "Amazing heroes, but... t-they'll try and take the comic off me. No point! They can't hurt a little kid, and besides, I have my new 'friends' by my side!"
What's your end goal: "To become as rich and powerful as possible with help from my friends, and use my predictions to keep it up! I'll be the most dazzling kid on the block!"
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: "If it's just me? Somehow? I don't know, make them listen to annoying music, or whatever the comic predicts."
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: "Well, I don't monologue, really. I'll let my partner do that for the time being."
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): "YES! THE PREDICTIONS ARE GOING OUR WAY! EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE AWESOME!"
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): "*frantic sobbing*" "N-no! But, the comi- oh. OH."
Any lines you won't cross: "Well, we need to fulfill the stuff in the comic, otherwise it'll turn on us. Fate is weird, but personally, I'm just a kid."
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery:
Last edited by Brancoveanic Transylvania on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:28 am

Branc - Interesting character, Branc. Couple of things about the app:

1) This is a really dark character for Infinites. Attempted murder, mutilation, bomb making... That's a little too much over the edge. I would tone it down. Surely the comic book suggests also mundane and normal things in the future, like, you will eat a piece of cheese. Because right now, it sounds like the comic is primarily about wanton destruction and death.

2) This character is 8 and somehow has access to bombs and poisons? How is that even possible?

3) Have your character talk more like an 8 year old. She sounds more like an adult. My suggestion is to look at YouTube videos like kids say the darnedest things or something. Kids talk more simply with their imagination going everywhere. And they get things wrong a lot.

4). Clean up the bio. Re-read it carefully. There are several times where a she is a he. I also didn't catch what the part about the comic at the beginning was so I had no idea what the person was trying to buy... Few more things like that there.
Last edited by Talchyon on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:26 am

Fixed. Now she's a more childish personality with a less dark history of pranking, with stink bombs and alcohol her sister stole instead of poison and explosives.

Also, the comic predicts boring moments too.
Last edited by Brancoveanic Transylvania on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:49 am

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:Name: Marie-Hélène Pierlot
-a lot of snip-

Alright! With the edited app, Marie-Helene (accent marks) Pierlot is ACCEPTED! Welcome to the Infinites! I can see a lot of humor coming with her, especially if she has to do something normal and isn't able to, and then something devastating happens.

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:17 am

Please tell me somebody got those jokes. I need to revive my faith in humanity.
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:38 am

Zjaum wrote:Please tell me somebody got those jokes. I need to revive my faith in humanity.

Oh, I loved it! Classic Zjaum coming through when we needed it. (Edit: was just waiting for you to get Staple Remover Guy's part up before doing anything).
Last edited by Talchyon on Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:12 pm

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:Name: Marie-Hélène Pierlot
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Biography:
Born in Rennes, France and raised in a poor suburb alongside her older, 15-year-old gangster sister Ameilie and was essentially born into a life of pranking, both of them having non-apparent parents. Sometime, Pierlot went over during a shoplifting heist and took a comic book from an occultist; one entitled "Pierlot Sisters Adventure" as soon as she looks at it. She keeps it for herself, and after the spree, she shows it to Ameilie, as the first pages begin and detail the lives of the two from start to the present; and then another page is created, one that sees the two get in a fight with a pair of wannabe gangsters while a cat runs up a tree; one swings a baseball bat that Ameilie ducks as it hits the tree, and a nearby police officer turns around while the criminals flee, as the officer and a middle-age woman saw the two, they mistook them for the saviors as Marie-Helene caught the cat and rewarded them with some money and a positive news story. Sometime later, they remember an old friend who was sent to juvenile hall at one point, and the one who snitched on them was back in memory, as they traveled to a park to seek out with only a photo. The sisters then look into the comic for the next prediction which shoes that the family of the snitch, the Lacroix, are having dinner at the Italian restaurant nearby, when Ameilie puts on a clever disguise as a waiter and puts vodka in their drinks, successfully exacting their revenge. Marie decides to stay in the shadows while Ameilie fulfills the prophecy.

Initially, the group decides to order tea, but their father decides to order the unopened coke instead. This seems to prevent Ameilie from spiking the drink at first, but an angry customer reacts to the warm coke he was served, causing the family to order the tea that Ameilie successfully poisons. However, right as the group is about to drink their tea, The family dog jumps off the leash and eats another customer's cake, causing the Lacroixes to abandon their tea to take care of the dog and leave the shop, which makes Marie and Ameilie angry. Eventually, following the comic's prophecy, Ameilie punches a nerdy-looking stranger and frightens him into dropping his wallet, giving the two money and temporarily pacifying them for their failure.

Following the comic's next major prediction, Ameilie then disguises as the child, Jane, and sneaks to their car to put in a stink bomb that looks like an orange.. However, her parents return and Ameilie is forced to play her role in order to prevent them from attacking her. The disguise backfires and Ameilie is dragged into the same car where she placed the bomb. Marie becomes shocked after finding out the true meaning of the comic's prophecy, that Ameilie is the one who will fall victim to the stink bomb with Jane's face, and mentally begs for her sister to transform back so that their intended interpretation of the prophecy will come true. Regardless, Ameilie accidentally steps on the stink bomb she set up, causing it to blow up and causes her to release the stinky cocktail and collapse on the smell. Marie then arrives and resolves to defeat the Lacroix family on his own, causing Ameilie to become proud of her younger sister's growth. However, the boy Ameilie assaulted earlier returns with other thugs, who beat up the two sisters and send them to the hospital.

After exiting the hospital, Marie learns of Jane going on vacation to the United States, teaming up with former friend and wanted African-American criminal Elizabeth "Lisa" Clash to avenge her sister (albeit only after Lisa had to resort to kidnapping Marie). Marie, hiding under a crate for the majority of Lisa's assisted assault, demonstrates the extent of the comic's power by showing its next prediction: that Lisa would kick an old woman and the woman will be thankful and give him money. Lisa is skeptical, but this is proven true when she sees a woman walking past her and, driven by the possibility of the prediction being true, runs and kicks the woman in the back, and finds out she killed a deadly scorpion on the woman's back, and is paid for saving her life.

The two then try to follow the next prediction, involving Lisa sticking her fingers up the Mr. Lacroix's nose and the rest of the family being hit by a running loose goat. Lisa, skeptical of the result, but willing to follow through nonetheless, sticks her fingers up the father's nose. A series of events is then triggered that leads up to the family being hit by a goat. However, as soon as this happens as they cheer together in triumph, it turns out that not only did Jane herself survive, but the a handgun Lisa was having in an appendix carry fired into her own leg whilst she was celebrating, hospitalisting her and leaving Marie to her own devices, looking for another villain to team up with whilst also keeping herself together using the predictions. She encourages herself to be brave in the hopes that, one day, she can become a grand villain under the title "Prophétie".

Powers:
Marie's power is within a comic book entitled "Pierlot Sisters' Adventure", which adopts an overtly feminine "girly" artstyle utilising bright colours, comprised of cutesy anime-style representations of the characters and the environment complete with random rainbows, emojis or similar stylistic quirks. The comic book narrates the future in a childish way with enthusiastically and childishly written texts punctuating the comic-book. Its' main purpose, though, is to predict the future.

The book is mostly filled with blank pages, but as time passes, more pages will fill up, predicting coming events up to 30 minutes ahead in the future. Moreover, the predicted events will be relevant to the reader, thus an artist reading the book has read his own future death; while Ameilie read about her future attempts at pranking the family. Prophétie claims the events depicted in the comic-book are guaranteed to always come true; in all its appearances thus far, the predictions happen without fail, although sometimes in a roundabout way. For example, while it depicts Jane being caught by the stink blast, it is Ameilie, with the appearance of Jane, who is dealt with by the stink bomb.

However, Pierlot Sisters' Adventure only predicts key events without showing what happens between them or significant details. Because the drawings are incomplete and the narration texts misleading, everything the comic predicts is subject to interpretation. For instance, the story stated that Lisa would kick a woman, after which she would be thankful and give him all her jewelry, leaving out the fact that she would do so to save her from being stung by a poisonous scorpion. Furthermore, it only predicts up to several minutes in the future meaning that an action that seems beneficial may have consequences later. Because of the comic-book, Ameilie mugged a man she thought was easy prey, but the man later came back with several thugs to beat her up. This makes Pierlot Sisters' Adventure incredibly difficult to use. The comic's writing is also printed in French, so only French-speakers can understand the writing in the comics.

If someone were to not act as the comic-book predicted, even by accident, such as when Lisa preformed the action two minutes ahead without realizing it, Marie claims that they would be punished and events would conspire to make the predictions true at the expense of the offender. Thus a different goat had hit the family, though her gun discharged and shot her in the leg, making the predictions true in a way whilst critically injuring Lisa.

The comic also has a common tendency to make mundane prophecies, such as describing you eating lunch or getting dressed in the manner. These sometimes have hints detailing at the major arrivals of opponents, but still, the comic can usually produce some boring material.

RP sample:

(Answer this as if you were speaking as your villain) -
Describe your abilities: "Well, my comic is Pierlot Sisters' Adventure, and with it, I can predict the future! It's sparkly and always right! But, y'know, sometimes the future isn't very nice, to say the least. Though, simply put from my country, c'est la vie!"
Why did you turn to crime: "Simply put; I was born in the worst neighbourhood in France. A cul-de-sac that is more like a cul-de-garbage-bag. Me and my sister essentially needed to steal and stuff to survive. Plus, you know, we were pretty good pranksters. Of course, I spent my money on candy."
Why did you further become a supervillain: "After my previous two adventures, I feel like my comic is, like, super amazing! With another person, as number two, we'd be unstoppable, and I'd be able to make a load off it."
How do you feel about the Infinites: "Amazing heroes, but... t-they'll try and take the comic off me. No point! They can't hurt a little kid, and besides, I have my new 'friends' by my side!"
What's your end goal: "To become as rich and powerful as possible with help from my friends, and use my predictions to keep it up! I'll be the most dazzling kid on the block!"
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: "If it's just me? Somehow? I don't know, make them listen to annoying music, or whatever the comic predicts."
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: "Well, I don't monologue, really. I'll let my partner do that for the time being."
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): "YES! THE PREDICTIONS ARE GOING OUR WAY! EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE AWESOME!"
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): "*frantic sobbing*" "N-no! But, the comi- oh. OH."
Any lines you won't cross: "Well, we need to fulfill the stuff in the comic, otherwise it'll turn on us. Fate is weird, but personally, I'm just a kid."
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery:

When are the sisters going to sing a catchy song? I'm also looking forwards to when Marie gets kidnapped by some dude with a ghost gun who respects whamen
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:08 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Zjaum wrote:Please tell me somebody got those jokes. I need to revive my faith in humanity.

Oh, I loved it! Classic Zjaum coming through when we needed it. (Edit: was just waiting for you to get Staple Remover Guy's part up before doing anything).

The third portion is complete.

Just to be sure, which jokes did you find funny? There are a couple in particular that concern me.
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:43 pm

Zjaum wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

The third portion is complete.

Just to be sure, which jokes did you find funny? There are a couple in particular that concern me.

I liked the ones with Aubry almost going tour guide, and Henry's dilemma at having to kiss her and then her thinking it meant something romantic and he didn't want it to be taken that way.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:22 am

Pierlot's first prediction. Wonder how this'll go?
Also, you might wanna edit to add her.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:56 am

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:Pierlot's first prediction. Wonder how this'll go?
Also, you might wanna edit to add her.

Yeah, I'll get to that today.

You also need to edit. You have the two talking to Blimp Man, who isn't there. That's Staple Remover Guy.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:08 am

I fixed it.

Can't wait til we get rolling... wonder what could be in that rock?
Last edited by Brancoveanic Transylvania on Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:18 am

Talchyon wrote:
Zjaum wrote:The third portion is complete.

I liked the ones with Aubry almost going tour guide, and Henry's dilemma at having to kiss her and then her thinking it meant something romantic and he didn't want it to be taken that way.

Those weren't the right ones!!!

I'm depressed again...

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:14 am

Zjaum wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Those weren't the right ones!!!

I'm depressed again...

You're depressed, but you had me laughing and you didn't even intend to. It's all good. (Sorry about not catching some of your other references. I'm kind of oblivious to various things, especially if they are related to pop culture today).

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:26 am

Talchyon wrote:
Zjaum wrote:Those weren't the right ones!!!

I'm depressed again...

You're depressed, but you had me laughing and you didn't even intend to. It's all good. (Sorry about not catching some of your other references. I'm kind of oblivious to various things, especially if they are related to pop culture today).

The Hindenburg disaster and "The Yellow Rose of Texas" are not quite pop culture!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:43 am

Zjaum wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

The Hindenburg disaster and "The Yellow Rose of Texas" are not quite pop culture!

Ok, I do get the Hindenburg, but I don't know what the Yellow Rose of Texas is.
Last edited by Talchyon on Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:50 pm

mfw You're in your twenties and you're saying "kids these days..."

It's an old song that predates the Civil War. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LArGlfEVYqM
In the same genre of "Oh Susanna" and "Swanee River," it talks about a lover down in Texas, perhaps inspired by Emily West of the Texan Revolution.

Here's a minor key version that I like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyIGFckkRWU

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:56 pm

Zjaum wrote:mfw You're in your twenties and you're saying "kids these days..."

It's an old song that predates the Civil War. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LArGlfEVYqM
In the same genre of "Oh Susanna" and "Swanee River," it talks about a lover down in Texas, perhaps inspired by Emily West of the Texan Revolution.

Here's a minor key version that I like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyIGFckkRWU

Hey, I know that song. I'm a fan of folk music.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse