NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites- Infinite Gauntlet -(Supers, Comedy) OOC,Done

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When this is done, should we start a new arc and if so, when?

Yes - Start a new arc the second this is done.
38%
Yes - Start a new arc sometime in the near future.
8%
Yes - Plan on starting a new arc 6 months from now (or at least a long time to recover from this one).
8%
Maybe - If we can get more active players.
23%
No - It was a great run, thanks for all your OPing, Talc. But let's allow this franchise to die a peaceful death.
23%

Total votes : 13

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:24 pm

--------
Last edited by Silverblade on Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:26 pm

I'll try to get a post up soon, but I'm rather busy.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:30 pm

I think we are all busy. This is a very unusual situation and people are stressed out a lot with the unusualness of it all. Nonetheless, Infinites is still going even if we are not posting as quick as we might otherwise.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:12 am

Hey guys. I will be posting later today and moving some things along plot-wise. Oh, and the villains? You are going to wish you hadn't started making your way to the chicken restaurant... :twisted: :rofl: :shock: :clap: :eyebrow: :blink:
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 am

Are you guys still accepting apps. I'm getting back into NS, and I'd love to join.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:39 am

Helowi wrote:Are you guys still accepting apps. I'm getting back into NS, and I'd love to join.

We are definitely still accepting aps! Thanks for asking and welcome back!

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:56 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Helowi wrote:Are you guys still accepting apps. I'm getting back into NS, and I'd love to join.

We are definitely still accepting aps! Thanks for asking and welcome back!

Great! Expect an app within a day or two.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Brancoveanic Transylvania
Attaché

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:38 pm

Sorry! Had to sort some stuff out due to COVID-19.

Where are we up to now?
Current year: 1795

Set in an alternate timeline where less-aggressive and civilised vampires roam Europe and mainly Transylvania, home of the infamous Vlad Draculesi long ago, think of what would happen if JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood meets Game of Thrones meets The Duellists meets War and Peace, Complete with the revolutionary-king-but-also-asshole Dionisie Brancoveanu under tension against his vengeance-lusted brother, now King of Hungary, Ionatan!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:49 pm

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:Sorry! Had to sort some stuff out due to COVID-19.

Where are we up to now?

:D. Well, I recommend you read my last two posts. Big stuff involving destruction of robots and both Infinite Rocks is about to happen.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Nice post, Pax. So out of curiosity, who do you think is shooting at the heroes?

Kafair
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 am

Im torn between interest and the fear that:

a) I have no idea how to properly formulate comedy for something like this, even with your handy dandy guide
b) I am unable to think of a power dumb enough at the moment
c) the fact this story is actually like mid something important.

I guess consider this a tag for now. Might drop in, might not. No idea yet!
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck, first Chancellor of Germany
"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce." -Karl Marx
"History is written by the victors." -Winston Churchill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------|--------------------------------------------^--------------------------------------
--------O-----------------------------------------< O >------------------------------------
--------|-----------------------------------------\_[]__/-----------------------------------
IRL History Buff, More or Less just the Desert, nation is a Theocratic Monarchy, in which the word of the Sultan is law. PMT tech
I SUPPORT THE USE OF SWORDS IN MY MILITARY, DEAL WITH IT
The first president of the Azure Watester Federation! Join today!
NS Stats? Dont make me laugh!
NationStates Flag Bracket - 5th place!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:14 am

Kafair wrote:Im torn between interest and the fear that:

a) I have no idea how to properly formulate comedy for something like this, even with your handy dandy guide
b) I am unable to think of a power dumb enough at the moment
c) the fact this story is actually like mid something important.

I guess consider this a tag for now. Might drop in, might not. No idea yet!

a) We'll help you. Just ask. Sometimes all it takes is good interaction. Which we have plenty of.
b) We'll help you. I have ideas. Let me TG you some.
c) Don't worry about it. Hop on in. You'll catch up. Or if you don't, you'll just have fun trying. And I'll give you a synopsis.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:37 pm

Hey guys - I will be posting after Easter or maybe Easter evening. This has been a busy week, but afterwards will have a lot more time.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Talchyon wrote:Nice post, Pax. So out of curiosity, who do you think is shooting at the heroes?

Thanks! I have no clue who it could be. Squirrels with knockoff Ak-47s?
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:19 am

Hey guys. I think I'm going to speed some things up and effectively move us to the third and final part. I'll get a post out by 1 or so my time.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:31 am

Ok guys. We are now in the last chapter of this arc. Let's finish it.

Basically, this could be a huge combat scene if you want. We got an alien warlord and his spaceship. 20 high tech Hunter Drones. And the Infinites and villains in the middle.

Good thing, is that everyone who was a chicken is now back to normal. Hong Kong is gone. But the problem is, the Time Rock caused us all to go back in time. Suggest an era, or I will put some up and make a poll. But let's finish this arc in the only way we know how. Infinite style!

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Talchyon wrote:Ok guys. We are now in the last chapter of this arc. Let's finish it.

Basically, this could be a huge combat scene if you want. We got an alien warlord and his spaceship. 20 high tech Hunter Drones. And the Infinites and villains in the middle.

Good thing, is that everyone who was a chicken is now back to normal. Hong Kong is gone. But the problem is, the Time Rock caused us all to go back in time. Suggest an era, or I will put some up and make a poll. But let's finish this arc in the only way we know how. Infinite style!

I could be 'big brain' and suggest that we wind up in the hellhole that was ancient Earth, which would boil everyone into a crisp almost immediately (I'm talking Earth while it was still forming), but instant-death for all doesn't sound too nice. Some other suggestions, assuming we're still in Minnesota:

-We wind up in Appalachia during the late Cretaceous. Unofortunately all of the familiar fauna were used to from Cretaceous America (T. Rex, Triceratops, etc) occured on Laramidia, the continent on the other side of the Western Interior Seaway. Instead, we'll be stuck with their genetic cousins, from less prolific Tyrannosaurs to numerous Hadrosaur species that are remembered only as predator chow in the public conciousness.

-We wind up in pre-Colombia Minnesota. And probably give everyone within a 200 kilometer diameter around us the plague. Or what would seem like the plague to them, what with the all the scary sicknesses modern-day people have adapted to.

-New France, before or during the 7 year's war. Everyone around us speaks French. The English may or may not be invading.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Ok guys. We are now in the last chapter of this arc. Let's finish it.

I could be 'big brain' and suggest that we wind up in the hellhole that was ancient Earth, which would boil everyone into a crisp almost immediately (I'm talking Earth while it was still forming), but instant-death for all doesn't sound too nice. Some other suggestions, assuming we're still in Minnesota:

-We wind up in Appalachia during the late Cretaceous. Unofortunately all of the familiar fauna were used to from Cretaceous America (T. Rex, Triceratops, etc) occured on Laramidia, the continent on the other side of the Western Interior Seaway. Instead, we'll be stuck with their genetic cousins, from less prolific Tyrannosaurs to numerous Hadrosaur species that are remembered only as predator chow in the public conciousness.

-We wind up in pre-Colombia Minnesota. And probably give everyone within a 200 kilometer diameter around us the plague. Or what would seem like the plague to them, what with the all the scary sicknesses modern-day people have adapted to.

-New France, before or during the 7 year's war. Everyone around us speaks French. The English may or may not be invading.

Here's the thing. I'm not going to go prehistoric. I think we need to have some NPC interaction. Also, I'm one who thinks that the age of the earth being "billions of years old" and the division of cretacious, jurassic, etc., is based on faulty logic and arguing. So in any RP I do, going back to this time would be a very very different world than what people might normally think.

New France could be fun, though. That gives me a ludicrous idea even. If they go to New France, maybe the Infinites end up meeting (and recruiting?) the ancestor of their first real villain, French Man. Whose only power was to create things and alter reality based on French stereotypes.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:38 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:

Here's the thing. I'm not going to go prehistoric. I think we need to have some NPC interaction. Also, I'm one who thinks that the age of the earth being "billions of years old" and the division of cretacious, jurassic, etc., is based on faulty logic and arguing. So in any RP I do, going back to this time would be a very very different world than what people might normally think.

New France could be fun, though. That gives me a ludicrous idea even. If they go to New France, maybe the Infinites end up meeting (and recruiting?) the ancestor of their first real villain, French Man. Whose only power was to create things and alter reality based on French stereotypes.

Don't really get the faulty logic (the Earth being billions of years is IMO built on sound logic) but I do understand the need for NPC interaction. I just really wanted to see the Infinites fight dinosaurs I guess. As for French Man's ancestor, well that sounds like fun. Meeting a guy who can Frenchify things(and if we're going by 1700s French stereotypes, then this mostly just having a burning hate for the English). So maybe he can turn your breakfast into an anglophobic croissiant. Just a suggestion I guess, you do you.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Don't really get the faulty logic (the Earth being billions of years is IMO built on sound logic) but I do understand the need for NPC interaction. I just really wanted to see the Infinites fight dinosaurs I guess. As for French Man's ancestor, well that sounds like fun. Meeting a guy who can Frenchify things(and if we're going by 1700s French stereotypes, then this mostly just having a burning hate for the English). So maybe he can turn your breakfast into an anglophobic croissiant. Just a suggestion I guess, you do you.

If you want to talk about the faulty logic of the age of the Earth, we can talk in a tg if you wish. Otherwise, I'll just drop it. The OOC here isn't the place.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:29 am

I'll try to get a post up today. In terms of era, the 1700s works for me, although I would like to suggest the 1920s during Prohibition.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'll try to get a post up today. In terms of era, the 1700s works for me, although I would like to suggest the 1920s during Prohibition.

Ooh. That's a good one too.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:45 am

Guys - Let's finish this out. I'll start the post for Act 3 since I probably should. We will be going back in time... to 1700's Minnesota (complete with a supplanted French population, as well as the Norwegians who happen to like the cold, you know.)

I'll try to post by tomorrow lunch my time.

New players are still welcome.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:28 am

Name: George Patrick Schufflesteiner
Codename: Almighty Halfdan
Sex: Male
Appearance: George is of average height and stocky, with a wild auburn beard. He shaves his head and is often seen wearing a plastic Viking helmet, as he is thoroughly convinced Vikings actually had horns on their helmets and wants to look cool. His wardrobe includes blue jeans and button-down shirts. Lots of button-down shirts.
Bio: George was born to A-list superheroes Merton and Covfefe Shufflesteiner on July 21, 1985. Though they spent much of their time fighting crazed villains and destructive aliens, George's parents were committed to raising their son in a normal, healthy environment. They ensured his childhood was relatively normal, which prevented George from understanding the true scope of his powers until he attempted to save a little old lady from a burning apartment building when he was twenty-one. Unfortunately, while George perceived himself as controlling the fire and summoning rain to quench it, he did hardly anything and ended up with severe burns on his legs and torso. When he woke up in the hospital, he was highly disoriented, and his parents were the ones who explained to him what happened. George did not understand what they were saying about his lack of supernatural abilities and, once he was discharged, began pursuing a career for the Midwest Infinites. He failed all their tests spectacularly, yet believed he had passed with flying colors This made him very disillusioned; he tried out for superhero group after superhero group until, finally, he stumbled upon the Minnesota Infinites.
George's day job is a carpenter in Minnesota; he runs his own business and has one employee, Dave, who has no supernatural abilities whatsoever. Alas, George is extremely single.
Powers: He has the ability to make things vibrate slightly; however, he perceives himself as committing extremely powerful elemental acts like splitting the ground in half or summoning a thunderstorm. After he uses his power, he becomes very dazed, often passing out, and is in a very confused mental state. He becomes extremely befuddled when those around him insist he did not commit godlike acts because he truly believes he has incredible power.
RP sample:

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: I have elemental powers of godlike proportions. I can manipulate fire, alter the terrain of any strip of land, control the weather, summon wind, anything, and I do it with finesse and epicness. If you need someone to do super sick elemental things, I'm your guy.
Why did you become a superhero: I want to use my powers for good. I truly believe I can use them to help people. Also, my parents are superheroes; you're familiar with the dynamic duo Slashmeister and Megatwister, are you not?
What are your goals for the future: I want to be a renowned superhero. Let me be the guy governments call when they need help from supervillains. People think of me as average, but I'm not. I'm Almighty Halfdan, the greatest elemental super you've ever seen!
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): George's powers are not nearly as cool as he believes. He can make objects vibrate a little bit, which may prove useful as some sort of way to throw off a villain or disturb sensitive machines of a mad scientist, but other than that they're not good for anything but being inconvenient.
How would you describe your talents?: Epic.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) They're not at all useful for elminitating natural threats or saving lives, contrary to what George believes.
What are your strengths?: Other than my power? I'm good with my hands, I suppose. I'm a carpenter, after all. I'm bold, assertive, and never back down from a challenge. I run a small business, so I understand finances and such. I know how to work with others. I'm kind of a big deal, if I do say so myself. I also know a lot about Vikings.
What are your weaknesses?: I guess I can be a little aggressive at times. And I don't think I'm the smartest guy out there.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): He doesn't know nearly as much about Vikings as he believes, and he's overconfident in his abilities, to say the least. George can be extremely enthusastic about things he's interested in, especially when he has random facts to share, but those facts are usually wrong. He is idealistic, which is often used against him by "foes" (basically unruly teenagers and obnoxious customers). George is also deathly afraid of curtains.
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I have what it takes to be a big shot. I don't know why people ignore me; I guess it's just the lot I've been dealt. Give me the chance to prove myself, and I know I'll ascend to greatness.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): They think he's delusional and utterly useless. He is widely regarded as a disappointment, especially considering the incredible abilities of his parents, and is thus largely dismissed by journalists.
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Name: George Patrick Schufflesteiner
Codename: Almighty Halfdan
-snip -

Wow. The son of Slashmeister AND Megatwister? And I didn't even know they were a thing! :D

The Almighty Halfdan is ACCEPTED! Welcome to the Infinites! As for our long running gag, the Almighty Halfdan WILL BEGIN with the other Minnesota Infinites. He has been with the Infinites the whole time this RP has been going on, even if you the player are new. That means, Halfdan knows everything that the Infinites know about the things going on in the RP, even if you the player do not know. He's been here the whole time since the very first post.

Right now, the Infinites have just moved back in time due to the power off the TIME INFINITE ROCK. They are now in a 1700's French / Norwegian village outside of Minnesota. Fortunately, Hong Kong that had been mysteriously moved to north of Minnesota, has now been moved back to its normal spot. And also, fortunately, the Infinites and villains and other people are no longer chickens (thanks to the other INFINITE ROCK, the ALTERNATIVE ROCK).

Welcome aboard. Fun character.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse