NATION

PASSWORD

LOTF: An American Political Roleplay (116th Congress)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Concerned American Workers
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:28 pm

Torrie Volker (R-MO)
Senate Floor

"Aye."

Agatha Cragin (R-ME)
Senate Floor

"Aye." she said, eyeing the spineless Senator Colbert. What a pathetic man, getting off to his grandstanding tweets more than he probably ever had with his wife. Not that he could probably please her anyways.

Francince Sullivan (D-AK)
Senate Floor

"Aye!"
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:51 pm

Farnsworth: "Aye"

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:44 pm

Concerned American Workers wrote:

Torrie Volker (R-MO)
Senate Floor

"Aye."

Agatha Cragin (R-ME)
Senate Floor

"Aye." she said, eyeing the spineless Senator Colbert. What a pathetic man, getting off to his grandstanding tweets more than he probably ever had with his wife. Not that he could probably please her anyways.

Senate Floor

"Aye!"

Colbert saw the look Cragin gave him. Although he could not know what she was thinking, he knew there was bound to be a collision soon. He had a note sent to her.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:50 pm

Agatha Cragin (R-ME)
Senate Floor

Reading the note, Agatha's lips curled into a sly smile. Writing a response back, she dispatched a staffer to deliver it.

At least grow the balls to actually talk to me. No tweets, no notes.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:40 pm

United States House of Representatives
Representative Linda Lazare
[Democratic - 7th District of the State of Texas]

"Aye"

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Deborah Feyrer, Jillian Dayton and Howard Frankston all vote Aye on the nomination of Jay Dietrich.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm

The Acting President Pro Tempore of the Senate
[Republican - Somewhere]

"With all votes counted, the United States Senate votes to confirm Jay Joseph Dietrich of the State of Alaska to the office of Vice President of the United States of America."

After the humdrum of the declaration passes, he speaks again.

"The floor of the Senate is open to motions."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Senate Floor

The elder Alaskan spoke up.

"I move to take up the Saving America's Energy Act of 2020."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 pm

Senate Floor

The elder Alaskan spoke up.

"I move to take up the Saving America's Energy Act of 2020."

Senator Augusta Merriam
[Republican - State of New Hampshire]

"I second the motion from the Senator from Alaska."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:20 pm

The Hon. Caroline Simone
[Democratic - 12th District of the State of New York]
{Speaker of the United States House of Representatives}

"With the votes tallied, the motion passes and the House of Representatives will consider the MIRACLE Act. Representative Faulhaber of Tennessee has the floor."
Neoliberal

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:35 pm

The Clerk of the House
[Nonpartisan]
{Clerk of the United States House of Representatives}

The Speaker had given up the chair to someone else, and the Clerk would announce the following:

"Speaker's Chambers, Capitol Building, Washington DC.

I hereby appoint the Honorable Phillip Crawford as Speaker pro tempore of the House for the following week.

Signed,

The Honorable Caroline Simone
Speaker of the United States House of Representatives."
Neoliberal

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:33 pm

Agatha Cragin (R-ME)
Senate Floor

Reading the note, Agatha's lips curled into a sly smile. Writing a response back, she dispatched a staffer to deliver it.

At least grow the balls to actually talk to me. No tweets, no notes.

Colbert reads the note and decides to walk over to her.
"Quit playing games. We all know that Rumsfield guy was working on your behalf. Maybe you should grow the balls to apologize to the Wolf family and Prendergast. That is before they sue you into oblivion."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:41 pm

Agatha Cragin (R-ME)
Senate Floor

"Who?" she asked with a smirk. "Senator, I have no reason to apologize to anyone. Nor do I think I will be sued."

Agatha stood up to face the man and leaned in, speaking softly. "Perhaps you should apologize to your constituents for the piss-poor job you are doing."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:47 pm

[Republican - Somewhere]
{Acting President Pro Tempore of the Senate}

"Without objection, the Saving America's Energy Act, as amended by the House, will be taken up. The floor is open for motions or debate."
Neoliberal

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Colbert didn't miss a beat. "Mr. President, I move to vote on the Saving America's Energy Act."
Colbert then returned to Cragin. "I am writing bills to make America safer and give Utahans millions in federal investment. I've voted my conscience my entire time here. And I didn't have my puppet go on Fox News to allege that my opponent was involved in an adulterous sexual relationship. By the way, when Prendergast and Wolf win their lawsuits against that man, I expect them to force him to fess your involvement under oath. I also expect that you will they depose you. I hope your comfortable with their lawyers grilling you in open court. You can't win. You won't win."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:12 pm

Agatha Cragin (R-ME)
Senate Floor

"I have absolutely no idea what involvement you are talking about Senator. And while I am glad you have voted your conscience, you should try legislating from time to time."

Suddenly and quickly, Cragin stepped to the side and pressed her high heel hard into Colbert's right foot.

"Oh, I am so sorry!" she exclaimed just as quick, removing her shoe from his and holding his shoulder. "Did I step on your moment?" she whispered, before smirking as she headed for the bathroom.
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:20 pm

Agatha Cragin (R-ME)
Senate Floor

"I have absolutely no idea what involvement you are talking about Senator. And while I am glad you have voted your conscience, you should try legislating from time to time."

Suddenly and quickly, Cragin stepped to the side and pressed her high heel hard into Colbert's right foot.

"Oh, I am so sorry!" she exclaimed just as quick, removing her shoe from his and holding his shoulder. "Did I step on your moment?" she whispered, before smirking as she headed for the bathroom.

Colbert tried to suppress the pain long enough to get off a comeback before she left. The only thing he could think of that sounded right was: "YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!"
Colbert walked back to his desk slowly as he tried to get the pain to go away. Being stepped on by high heels was painful. Once back at his desk, he tried to think through what his next motions were when the energy bill passed. How the hell did that witch get elected?
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:The Hon. Caroline Simone

"With the votes tallied, the motion passes and the House of Representatives will consider the MIRACLE Act. Representative Faulhaber of Tennessee has the floor."

Mac stepped up, clearing his throat and gesturing to his aides. They brought a giant poster 6 foot by 6 foot and he placed it in the center of the chamber.

"I would like the record to include this figure, Mr. Speaker, where it shows the states where Medicaid is suspended temporarily for incarcerated individuals instead of permanently terminated. Note the way that the states transcend blue or red states. Instead of making laws for incarcerated individuals, including many veterans with mental health issues, often locked up for homelessness instead of violent crime, or women who are often taken advantage of to afford healthcare, we can fix the law. And ensure that federal benefits are not removed for incarcerated Americans but rather reintroduced once their sentence is over. So let's do this America, let Americans have a chance to pull themselves up by the bootstraps instead of being held down by outdated regulations and medieval standards."

An Act to Establish a Better Reentry for Formerly Incarcerated Americans
Nickname: Mercy In Reentry And Carcerated Liberty Establishment Act; MIRACLE Act

Sponsor: Mac Faulhaber (D-TN-9)
House Co-Sponsors: Albert Franklin (D-WA-9), Kathleen Nez (D-AZ-7), Linda Lazare (D-TX-7), and Theodore Vohoffsky (R-CA-45)
Senate Co-Sponsors: Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH), Jillian Dayton (D-VA)

Overview: The act seeks to finally implement restorative justice by not continuing the cycle of poverty that typically follows incarceration by allowing Americans to face temporary suspension from federal public benefits including specifically Medicaid without permanent termination of such benefits as it exists now.

Section I - Definitions:
a) The term “Federal public benefit” means any grant, contract, loan, professional license, or commercial license provided by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States; and any retirement, welfare, health, disability, public or assisted housing, postsecondary education, food assistance, unemployment benefit, or any other similar benefit for which payments or assistance are provided to an individual, household, or family eligibility unit by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States.

b) The term "Eligible Person" or "Inmate" means any individual that is an inmate of a public institution with a sense of applying to inmates of any age and qualifying based on the guidelines set forth by the jurisdiction of their institution as defined by guidelines stated in Section (II) paragraph (c).

Section II - Modifications to Federal Programs:
a) Section 1902 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396a) is amended in subsection (a)(84) in subparagraph (A), by striking “individual who is an eligible juvenile” and all that follows through “inmate;” and inserting “eligible individual (as defined in subsection (nn)(1)) because the individual is an inmate of a public institution (as defined in subsection (nn)(2)), but may suspend coverage during the period the individual is such an inmate;”; in subparagraph (B), by striking “individual who is an eligible juvenile described in paragraph (2)(A)” and inserting “eligible individual who is described in paragraph (1)(A)”; and in subparagraph (C), by striking “individual who is an eligible juvenile described in paragraph (2)(B)” and inserting “eligible individual who is described in paragraph (1)(B)”.

b) Furthermore, Section 1902 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396a) is amended in subsection (a)(84) is further amended by modifying subsection (nn) to read as follows: “(nn) Eligible Individual; Public Institution.—For purposes of subsection (a)(84) and this subsection: (1) The term ‘eligible individual’ means an individual who is an inmate of a public institution and who (A) was determined eligible for medical assistance under the State plan immediately before becoming an inmate of such a public institution; or (B) is determined eligible for such medical assistance while an inmate of a public institution. (2) The term ‘inmate of a public institution’ has the meaning given such term for purposes of applying the subdivision (A) following paragraph (30) of section 1905(a), taking into account the exception in such subdivision for a patient of a medical institution.”

c) More generally, notwithstanding any other provision of law, an individual may not be denied any Federal public benefit solely on the basis that the individual was convicted of a criminal offense (whether under Federal, State, tribal, or foreign law). They may undergo a temporary suspension rather than termination of such benefits as long as they remain an inmate of a public institution of any age. Such suspensions shall be decided by the respective state with guidelines and suggestions provided by the Department of Justice. The Attorney-General shall be instructed to create these guidelines in a manner that is public about their design and purpose, primarily being driven by data as collected by the Department of Justice and the States. Furthermore, no such guidelines or regulations for temporary suspension of benefits shall be written or constructed in such a manner as to not be reasonable and inhibit the intent of this Act and the sense of the bill.

d) The amendments made by this Section (II) shall take effect as if included in the enactment of section 1001 of the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act.

This bill is then honorably presented to the United States House of Representatives for consideration in order to help rectify unfair practices in the judicial system; to improve the United States Law; and is backed by Representative Mac Faulhaber on April 8th, 2020.
Do Not Remove: 1337
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Torrie Volker (R-MO)
Senate Floor

"I second the motion by the Senator from Utah."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:46 am

[Republican - Somewhere]
{Acting President Pro Tempore of the Senate}

"Hearing no objections, the Senate will proceed to a vote on the Saving America's Energy Act."
Neoliberal

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:49 am

Senator Rafael Navarro
[Democratic - State of California]

"Aye."

Senator Augusta Merriam
[Republican - State of New Hampshire]

"Aye."
Neoliberal

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:41 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:The Hon. Caroline Simone

Mac stepped up, clearing his throat and gesturing to his aides. They brought a giant poster 6 foot by 6 foot and he placed it in the center of the chamber.

"I would like the record to include this figure, Mr. Speaker, where it shows the states where Medicaid is suspended temporarily for incarcerated individuals instead of permanently terminated. Note the way that the states transcend blue or red states. Instead of making laws for incarcerated individuals, including many veterans with mental health issues, often locked up for homelessness instead of violent crime, or women who are often taken advantage of to afford healthcare, we can fix the law. And ensure that federal benefits are not removed for incarcerated Americans but rather reintroduced once their sentence is over. So let's do this America, let Americans have a chance to pull themselves up by the bootstraps instead of being held down by outdated regulations and medieval standards."

An Act to Establish a Better Reentry for Formerly Incarcerated Americans
Nickname: Mercy In Reentry And Carcerated Liberty Establishment Act; MIRACLE Act

Sponsor: Mac Faulhaber (D-TN-9)
House Co-Sponsors: Albert Franklin (D-WA-9), Kathleen Nez (D-AZ-7), Linda Lazare (D-TX-7), and Theodore Vohoffsky (R-CA-45)
Senate Co-Sponsors: Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH), Jillian Dayton (D-VA)

Overview: The act seeks to finally implement restorative justice by not continuing the cycle of poverty that typically follows incarceration by allowing Americans to face temporary suspension from federal public benefits including specifically Medicaid without permanent termination of such benefits as it exists now.

Section I - Definitions:
a) The term “Federal public benefit” means any grant, contract, loan, professional license, or commercial license provided by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States; and any retirement, welfare, health, disability, public or assisted housing, postsecondary education, food assistance, unemployment benefit, or any other similar benefit for which payments or assistance are provided to an individual, household, or family eligibility unit by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States.

b) The term "Eligible Person" or "Inmate" means any individual that is an inmate of a public institution with a sense of applying to inmates of any age and qualifying based on the guidelines set forth by the jurisdiction of their institution as defined by guidelines stated in Section (II) paragraph (c).

Section II - Modifications to Federal Programs:
a) Section 1902 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396a) is amended in subsection (a)(84) in subparagraph (A), by striking “individual who is an eligible juvenile” and all that follows through “inmate;” and inserting “eligible individual (as defined in subsection (nn)(1)) because the individual is an inmate of a public institution (as defined in subsection (nn)(2)), but may suspend coverage during the period the individual is such an inmate;”; in subparagraph (B), by striking “individual who is an eligible juvenile described in paragraph (2)(A)” and inserting “eligible individual who is described in paragraph (1)(A)”; and in subparagraph (C), by striking “individual who is an eligible juvenile described in paragraph (2)(B)” and inserting “eligible individual who is described in paragraph (1)(B)”.

b) Furthermore, Section 1902 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396a) is amended in subsection (a)(84) is further amended by modifying subsection (nn) to read as follows: “(nn) Eligible Individual; Public Institution.—For purposes of subsection (a)(84) and this subsection: (1) The term ‘eligible individual’ means an individual who is an inmate of a public institution and who (A) was determined eligible for medical assistance under the State plan immediately before becoming an inmate of such a public institution; or (B) is determined eligible for such medical assistance while an inmate of a public institution. (2) The term ‘inmate of a public institution’ has the meaning given such term for purposes of applying the subdivision (A) following paragraph (30) of section 1905(a), taking into account the exception in such subdivision for a patient of a medical institution.”

c) More generally, notwithstanding any other provision of law, an individual may not be denied any Federal public benefit solely on the basis that the individual was convicted of a criminal offense (whether under Federal, State, tribal, or foreign law). They may undergo a temporary suspension rather than termination of such benefits as long as they remain an inmate of a public institution of any age. Such suspensions shall be decided by the respective state with guidelines and suggestions provided by the Department of Justice. The Attorney-General shall be instructed to create these guidelines in a manner that is public about their design and purpose, primarily being driven by data as collected by the Department of Justice and the States. Furthermore, no such guidelines or regulations for temporary suspension of benefits shall be written or constructed in such a manner as to not be reasonable and inhibit the intent of this Act and the sense of the bill.

d) The amendments made by this Section (II) shall take effect as if included in the enactment of section 1001 of the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act.

This bill is then honorably presented to the United States House of Representatives for consideration in order to help rectify unfair practices in the judicial system; to improve the United States Law; and is backed by Representative Mac Faulhaber on April 8th, 2020.
Do Not Remove: 1337

Representative Phillip Crawford
[Democratic - 12th District of Kentucky]
{Speaker Pro Tempore of the House of Representatives}

"The floor is open to questions."
Die nasty!!111

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:04 am

House Floor

Representative Dan Ziegler (D-CO-01): “Motion to end questioning.” the Coloradan yawned, looking up from a lewd image on his Samsung.
Last edited by Vaquas on Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:06 am

Senate Floor

Senator Greg Kost (R-FL): “Aye.”
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:06 am

Vaquas wrote:
House Floor

Representative Dan Ziegler (D-CO-01): “Motion to end questioning.” the Coloradan yawned, looking up from a lewd image on his Samsung.

Representative Phillip Crawford
[Democratic - 12th District of Kentucky]
{Speaker Pro Tempore of the House of Representatives}

"Do I hear a second or an objection?"
Die nasty!!111

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse