NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:26 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire seems confused.

“I have no idea what Mr. Cramp is shouting about. I have continuously stated my opposition to abortion. I plan on pushing for a total ban on abortions done for non-medical reasons. It has been a plank of my campaign since day one and I have laid out exactly what I said should be done.”

She gestured to Cramp.

“Mr. Cramp says I don’t want to keep them rare. He’s right. I want to end abortions completely. And we can do that by ending funding to Planned Parenthood and improving the adoption and foster care system as I already stated. I don’t know what Mr. Cramp is going on about but given his past of attacking my personal life and of those around me with rumors and lies, I am not at all surprised he has resorted to outright lies.”

Texas Special Election Debate

"Here we go. Karen flip-flops on abortion. Only a minute ago she wanted abortions for only non-medical reasons, meaning any child can be aborted. While some may call that a gaffe, or a slip of the tongue, it is actually a Freudian slip. This debate is a burden on Ms Brookshire because she hates having to stand up for things that she doesn't believe in, and I know she doesn't believe in protecting the lives of unborn children, I know she doesn't believe in the traditional conception of marriage! There is a reason why her campaign is bare-bones on policy because there is a large void and silence on the important values we as Texans hold. When you are going to vote for a candidate who will defend the lives of the unborn, don't go with the candidate who flip flops around on stage like a beached fish. Go with the candidate who has a record representing Judeo-Christian values as a Justice of the Peace, who received the endorsement of Governor Norm Lee and who continues to fight here on stage and on the campaign trail for the preservation of life."

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire: “My stance on abortion has been clear since day one. My stance has always been being pro-life and supporting a ban on abortions done for non-medical reasons. Ask the Texans I spoke to and support me, ask the pro-life groups that support me. My record and history stand for themselves on this issue.”

“It is clear you are grasping for straws Mr. Cramp. My policies have been laid out for dozens of issues and never have I changed my position on anything. And as I said before, my record, my history, and the coalition of Texans supporting me stand for themselves when it comes to the Brookshire campaign fighting for Texan values, fighting for Texans, fighting for America!”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
@JPJ4USA

No, I didn't. I stated that I didn't know, because I hadn't looked into the issue well enough at the time. I've since listened to good Republican women, wives and mothers, and to good Christian pastors, and their guidance has helped me better understand the miracle of conception. I am a full-throated supporter of state and federal legislation to protect the unborn. My legislative package that passed in the West Virginia legislature shows my convictions - actions, not words.

Liked and retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

So a guy who brings confederate crosses and swastikas to his rallies is opportunisticly scolding karen brookshire and sewing the seeds of division after she made a simple, honest gaffe.

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

To clarify: if someone has the Confederate battle flag flying at their rally, you wouldn't vote for them, yes? And you would condemn them in the strongest words possible?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:34 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Liked and retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

So a guy who brings confederate crosses and swastikas to his rallies is opportunisticly scolding karen brookshire and sewing the seeds of division after she made a simple, honest gaffe.

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

To clarify: if someone has the Confederate battle flag flying at their rally, you wouldn't vote for them, yes? And you would condemn them in the strongest words possible?

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

Indeed
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

Indeed

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Did you or did you not vote for Arnold Wolf in 2016?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

Indeed

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

So, porter, a REPUBLICAN candidate accuses Wolf of being pro-confederate and sympathetic to slavery. You really, really need to evaluate what party you are in.
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

So, porter, a REPUBLICAN candidate accuses Wolf of being pro-confederate and sympathetic to slavery. You really, really need to evaluate what party you are in.

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

No, you're the one accusing him of that. A person is not responsible for the actions or beliefs of their supporters, full stop.
Please Watch

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:41 pm

Puertollano wrote:

(Image)

"Here we go. Karen flip-flops on abortion. Only a minute ago she wanted abortions for only non-medical reasons, meaning any child can be aborted. While some may call that a gaffe, or a slip of the tongue, it is actually a Freudian slip. This debate is a burden on Ms Brookshire because she hates having to stand up for things that she doesn't believe in, and I know she doesn't believe in protecting the lives of unborn children, I know she doesn't believe in the traditional conception of marriage! There is a reason why her campaign is bare-bones on policy because there is a large void and silence on the important values we as Texans hold. When you are going to vote for a candidate who will defend the lives of the unborn, don't go with the candidate who flip flops around on stage like a beached fish. Go with the candidate who has a record representing Judeo-Christian values as a Justice of the Peace, who received the endorsement of Governor Norm Lee and who continues to fight here on stage and on the campaign trail for the preservation of life."

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire: “My stance on abortion has been clear since day one. My stance has always been being pro-life and supporting a ban on abortions done for non-medical reasons. Ask the Texans I spoke to and support me, ask the pro-life groups that support me. My record and history stand for themselves on this issue.”

“It is clear you are grasping for straws Mr. Cramp. My policies have been laid out for dozens of issues and never have I changed my position on anything. And as I said before, my record, my history, and the coalition of Texans supporting me stand for themselves when it comes to the Brookshire campaign fighting for Texan values, fighting for Texans, fighting for America!”

"No, Ms Brookshire, you are not fighting for Texan values, you do not fight for family values either. Family values to you is the millions of dollars you inherited from the Brookshire Grocery Company to run this vanity campaign of yours for Senate. Meanwhile, I am a real conservative running to put Family First and stand up for the rights of the unborn, but I don't believe you would understand that because you are a flip-flopping inner-city liberal trying to run as a Republican."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Puertollano wrote:

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

"No, Ms Brookshire, you are not fighting for Texan values, you do not fight for family values either. Family values to you is the millions of dollars you inherited from the Brookshire Grocery Company to run this vanity campaign of yours for Senate. Meanwhile, I am a real conservative running to put Family First and stand up for the rights of the unborn, but I don't believe you would understand that because you are a flip-flopping inner-city liberal trying to run as a Republican."

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire: “Can you do anything but call others names Mr. Cramp?”

She shook her head but lifted it up before speaking.

“To me, family values is babysitting my nieces and nephews. To me, family values is showing up to take care of my mother when she battled her illness. To me, family values was stepping in to save my family business in 2008. To me, family values is fighting to keep Texans employed at our business, because all of those hard-working Texans are my family too. To me, family values means more than just helping who I was born to but who I can lean on and who can lean on me during hard times.”

“And the thousands of Texans joining me in fighting for America, joining this movement of fighting for America. They are my family too.”

She gestured to the audience.

“So maybe family values mean something a little different to me and the millions of Texans across this state than they do to you. But don’t ever insinuate I or any hard-working, law-abiding Texan doesn’t have them.”

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:56 pm

@GovernorSmith

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

No, you're the one accusing him of that. A person is not responsible for the actions or beliefs of their supporters, full stop.

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

The why not throw out the guy displaying the swastika?
Left Without Edge

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:59 pm

Senator Michelle Brown
@MichelleBrownWY
Maybe the Republicans should stop the mudslinging in the #TexasPrimaryDebate and actually work together to stop the lying Dems! Seriously guys, my child is acting more mature than the lot of you!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:01 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Don't move the goalposts here. We were talking about the Confederate battle flag.
Please Watch

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Senator Michelle Brown
@MichelleBrownWY
Maybe the Republicans should stop the mudslinging in the #TexasPrimaryDebate and actually work together to stop the lying Dems! Seriously guys, my child is acting more mature than the lot of you!

Liked and retweeted by Richard Slater.
Die nasty!!111

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Senator Michelle Brown
@MichelleBrownWY

Liked and retweeted by @DianeForLiberty

Paulson was frustrated. Brookshire’s gaffe was one thing, but it seemed like she was letting Cramp drag her into the mud.

She began to type a text into her phone to Karen that said, “you know...I know a good debate coach.” But she deleted it rather than sending it.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:09 pm

@GovernorSmith

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Don't move the goalposts here. We were talking about the Confederate battle flag.

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

Answer my question.
Left Without Edge

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:09 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Senator Michelle Brown
@MichelleBrownWY

Liked and retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator and @TMisra
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:13 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

Answer my question.

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

I don't dignify people who move goalposts, who make disingenuous arguments and think the American people can be fooled by this witch hunt.
Please Watch

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Puertollano wrote:

(Image)

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

“To me, family values is babysitting my nieces and nephews. To me, family values is showing up to take care of my mother when she battled her illness. To me, family values was stepping in to save my family business in 2008. To me, family values is fighting to keep Texans employed at our business, because all of those hard-working Texans are my family too. To me, family values means more than just helping who I was born to but who I can lean on and who can lean on me during hard times.”

“And the thousands of Texans joining me in fighting for America, joining this movement of fighting for America. They are my family too.”

“So maybe family values mean something a little different to me and the millions of Texans across this state than they do to you. But don’t ever insinuate I or any hard-working, law-abiding Texan doesn’t have them.”

"Return the millions of dollars that you received from Brookshires Grocery and run on your merits instead. You're acting as though everyday Texans can't access the FEC filings. Stop using your families business as a slush-fund and run on your merits like I have. It is an elitist attitude and I am surprised that you don't even pretend that you aren't an inner city, liberal flip-flopper when it comes down to the crunch."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:24 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
Washington, District of Columbia
Saturday 18th May, 2019

Having met with the President, the President's (smarter) son and the President's daughter, there was only one major figure amongst the Wolfs that Prendergast had yet to meet with. The First Lady. Arriving at the East Wing early that morning, he felt somewhat anxious about the situation. He wanted to be earnest to earn her support, but he also didn't want to provoke anything. Her relationship with her husband was one of America's greatest enigmas by any means, but poke it the wrong way and he could be in for some mighty blowback. Still, he had respect for her dignity and poise, and as he waited, he rubbed his hands together with some anxiety. In truth, Eliza intimidated him a little. She was a force of her own.

Eliza, after finishing a phone call related to a certain program she's planning on setting up and announcing in time, came out of her office to greet the Governor, trying not to let him wait for too long. Opening up her arms as to set up a handshake, she greeted him as she walked over, "Governor Prendergast, it's nice to see you!"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:29 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Eliza, after finishing a phone call related to a certain program she's planning on setting up and announcing in time, came out of her office to greet the Governor, trying not to let him wait for too long. Opening up her arms as to set up a handshake, she greeted him as she walked over, "Governor Prendergast, it's nice to see you!"

"Madam First Lady, a pleasure to meet you." He nodded softly, going to shake her hand firmly but not overly so, and nodded softly. "How is everything here in the East Wing?"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:40 pm

Puertollano wrote:

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

"Return the millions of dollars that you received from Brookshires Grocery and run on your merits instead. You're acting as though everyday Texans can't access the FEC filings. Stop using your families business as a slush-fund and run on your merits like I have. It is an elitist attitude and I am surprised that you don't even pretend that you aren't an inner city, liberal flip-flopper when it comes down to the crunch."

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire: “Most of my campaign funds are from donations by hard-working Texans Mr. Cramp. Texans can, in fact, check that out for themselves on the FEC’s website and see the truth. In fact, I implore Texans to do so they’ll see through your blatant slander.”

“Mr. Cramp, as I said before, my record stands for itself and my ideas that put Texans and Americans first. Ideas like a balanced budget which I helped to return to the mainstream. An idea you yourself have taken after I made it a central part of my campaign. And I have continued to defend and campaign on being pro-life and ending abortions, on cutting foreign aid, rebuilding our infrastructure, cutting taxes for middle-class families, toughening our laws, and balancing our budget. That’s what I stand for plain and simple.”

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Puertollano wrote:

(Image)

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire: “Most of my campaign funds are from donations by hard-working Texans Mr. Cramp. Texans can, in fact, check that out for themselves on the FEC’s website and see the truth. In fact, I implore Texans to do so they’ll see through your blatant slander.”

“Mr. Cramp, as I said before, my record stands for itself and my ideas that put Texans and Americans first. Ideas like a balanced budget which I helped to return to the mainstream. An idea you yourself have taken after I made it a central part of my campaign. And I have continued to defend and campaign on being pro-life and ending abortions, on cutting foreign aid, rebuilding our infrastructure, cutting taxes for middle-class families, toughening our laws, and balancing our budget. That’s what I stand for plain and simple.”

"So, you're keeping the money? Good to know."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:48 pm

Max Smith
@GovernorSmith

Cramp needs to stop sewing party division for the purposes of his own ego.
Left Without Edge

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Eliza, after finishing a phone call related to a certain program she's planning on setting up and announcing in time, came out of her office to greet the Governor, trying not to let him wait for too long. Opening up her arms as to set up a handshake, she greeted him as she walked over, "Governor Prendergast, it's nice to see you!"

"Madam First Lady, a pleasure to meet you." He nodded softly, going to shake her hand firmly but not overly so, and nodded softly. "How is everything here in the East Wing?"

"Busier than most might expect... would you mind if we talk in the Garden rather than my office?"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:00 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Busier than most might expect... would you mind if we talk in the Garden rather than my office?"

"Not at all, ma'am. You can call me Jonah if you like." He smiled softly, nodding as he went to walk with Eliza towards the garden. "How have you been holding up in the circumstances?"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:05 pm

Puertollano wrote:

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

"So, you're keeping the money? Good to know."

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire: “Do I need to spell it out to you Mr. Cramp? I am not using my money to fund my campaign, NOT ONE CENT, and the FEC confirms that. But if you want to talk about things that should be renounced, let’s discuss the endorsement by Secretary Porter of you. Will you renounce and DENOUNCE the Secretary’s rallies and appearance alongside swastikas during his rallies? Denounce his appearances and rallies in your name?”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse