NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:44 pm

A HOTEL IN MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE

Arnold Wolf Jr. was having dinner at a hotel with his wife and some of his top campaign staff members. He nommed contently on a bread roll (he LOVED bread rolls) as some of them conversated amongst themselves about the campaign so far, and their plan going forward. His Chief of Staff decided to strike up a conversation with him.

"Arnie, you ever think about how some crazy shit is probably going down right now?"

Wolf Jr. looked at him a bit confused. "No? That's a really strange thing to think about."

The Chief of Staff nodded. "Yeah, it probably is. I've had some shit happen to me straight out of a fever dream before. Not sure if I wanna talk about that stuff."

Wolf Jr. chuckled a little. "Oh, believe me, I've had some weird episodes, too. Did I ever tell you about that plane incident?"

"Oh my god, that was something else." The two exchanged some laughs to the curiosity of some of the other guests, and they continued eating together without much of note.
Die nasty!!111

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:48 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Iowa Flight

"Jesus Christ, I have a dark imagination. Why was Governor Burgun in my dream? And why that nice awkward guy? Hmmm...Why did I make those decisions...?"

Iowa Flight

Almost like a dream reminiscent of Fight Club, the chaos that Goldman faced was nothing more of a figment of her imagination and just an invasive thought that crossed her mind.

DING

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts. We are approaching the runway, where the plane will start to descend. It has been a honor of be flying with you and we hope you have a good trip in Iowa." the captain said, as the plane was pretty much, descending through the clouds. There was no other issue. As soon as the plane landed on the runway, Goldman felt comfort as she was where she needed to be. She just needed to make sure her luggage wasn't messed up, but that was another issue.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Velahor wrote:
Papazian, noticing the considerably warmer welcome at this office, reached out to shake hands with a hearty “heyyyy!” He took the badge and held it in his left hand while he did so.

He then continued, “Pleasure to meet you Representative,” he replied, with a smile and eye contact.

Atang sat down and said "please take a seat."

"What are you here for today, then?"

“Well...for one, thanks for having me here. But second, I just wanted to introduce myself. I want to make as many connections as I can here, I know that’s part of what I need to be effective. And I’ve read online about some of your work in Congress and I’m pretty impressed,” he replied.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:55 pm

Velahor wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Atang sat down and said "please take a seat."

"What are you here for today, then?"

“Well...for one, thanks for having me here. But second, I just wanted to introduce myself. I want to make as many connections as I can here, I know that’s part of what I need to be effective. And I’ve read online about some of your work in Congress and I’m pretty impressed,” he replied.

"Cool, but what particularly?"
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:00 pm

2nd May 2019
Press Conference
Governor Max Smith
Phoenix, Arizona

Dull as ever, Governor Smith walked on professionally and robotically on to the podium of the press conference, with the Governor's seal below, and his staff sitting behind him. As he walked, desperate journalists gathered in a crowd like maggots on a dead body, with the intense sound of cameras taking photos almost making it seem as if gunfire was near.

Governor Smith shuffled his papers in front of him, and began, speaking in his classic, monotonous voice.

"I would like to thank you all for coming to this press conference today, it is indeed a pleasure to be here. In my statement today I would like to remind you all that I am trying to work hard on pushing through my campaign promises to the Arizonan people through the legislature and through over avenues if applicable.

"Firstly, I am working on fundamentally changing the way the Arizonan taxation scheme works, I have contacted members of the state legislature, and I hope to push through my taxation plans of cutting both state income and corporate tax to 3%, increasing the productivity of our businesses, and giving our people more freedom in what to do with their own money.

"Secondly, I have contacted both the attorney general and members of the state legislature over a major issue in our state - crime - and I hope to work with them in increasing deterrents to violent offenders including resuming executions for some of the most depraved and callous killers in our state.

"Thirdly, I intend to use the money generated from the productivity boost generated by tax cuts to implement a large boost to the education budget of our state, giving our children the right to a proper education and start to life regardless of ethnicity or social class.

"I am open to any questions."
Left Without Edge

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Velahor wrote:

"Cool, but what particularly?"

“There’s a YouTube video of you giving a speech on the floor for the Don’t Ask Don’t Tell Repeal. I found the way that you used examples from the past to demonstrate the unfairness of the policy, it was a well-constructed argument. I like well-constructed arguments,” said Papazian, being sure to elaborate. “And of course, I’ve admired your passionate advocacy for criminal justice reform and civil rights for years.”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:14 pm

Brookshire Estate
Tyler, Texas

Karen fingered her keys, looping her hands through the multiple metal rings holding cards, plastic key chains, and of course, the key to her home. She opened the door and stepped into the building, already yearning for dinner. She threw her briefcase onto the couch to the left of her door, lumbering towards the kitchen. Two neatly dressed servers appeared, taking her surprise as she stepped back. They excused themselves, scurrying to set up the cocktail tables across the porch and her family room. Not that any used the latter. But as she entered her fine kitchen, she was greeted with the cater.

"Hello! Glad to see my assistant let you in, reckon you know where that little squirt is?"

The chef, turning around as he balanced a plate of diced vegetables and a saute pan, reddened.

"Madam, I apologize! I did not know you would be home so early. I was told you would be coming later. I-"

He was cut off by the wave of the CEO's hand.

"Don't worry 'bout it. Just tell me where my assistant is, I need to settle some details about this before the guests come."

The chef smiled and responded.

"He is outside."

Karen moved to her porch, spotting the man using one of those new vaping things. She hated it. But at the same time, not everyone could stand her rather unorthodox leadership and boss style. So she respected him for that at least. I mean, giving credit where credit was due was important to her. Especially as he had managed to plan the tapas party for tonight for the Eastern Texas GOP. Some important people would be here, and some important business friends of hers too. 2020 was around the corner and the Senate seat would be up. She would need to make inroads to challenge the incumbent. Or at least start making friends if she was playing the long game, like the 2022 governors race. All in due time though. Right now, the focus needed to be making friends and getting money, her own wouldn't be enough. Well, enough to buy some friends but not all of them.

"The confirmed guest list is on the table. We invited most of the people receptive to a party with donors, lots of them want money too. But no one who might challenge an incumbent themselves of course."

She smiled at Michael, picking up the list and flipping through it.

"Good job Mike, the food also looks good."

He chuckled and turned around.

"We have the chance to build the foundation tonight. So don't think too much of the food."

Karen reddened a bit, but quickly turned to her classic self.

"Shut up boy. I got this and I reckon lots of my friends on this list will be able to turn the party to support me once I convince them to open their checkbooks. Money talks in God's country and this is God's country. And speaking of money, did you get a chance to review the proposal by the promotions team?"

"I did ma'am, and it looks like it will definitely work. But before we talk shop, I think we should discuss your family. Your brother said that some of them on Aunt Linda's side are thinking of going to some Democrat's event, the one running for President I showed you."

Karen grunted, putting the list down and unbuttoning her suit jacket. She sat down in a chair.

"Linda has always been a bit of a reckless one but this, this is flat out stupidity. She's read his proposals right? Brookshire's reputation will go down the drain if she supports him or worse, convinces the others of her idiot family to do the same."

"I know ma'am, I'm gonna try to contain it and keep us up to date with what's going on. But you might want to intervene. Won't look good if it came out when you ran, and the 2020 Senate race is only a little over a year away."

"Mike, I got it. And by the way, while we're talking about donors, did you get me the ticket to the event that one Republican is hosting? The one that my brother said?"

"Yes, you're all set to go. And we should also probably talk about where you and your side of the family will be making their contributions. Your father reached out to me to set a meeting up with everyone to discuss, including the other members of the board. He said he was leaning towards recommendin-"

A server came in, excusing himself.

"Sorry to barge in, but some cars are arriving. The valet is already there but I wanted to tell you."

Karen nodded and stood up.

"Entertain them Mike, I have to change. We'll talk tomorrow. And you, young man, get me a drink please."

The large woman moved away from the porch towards the house as Mike ran his hands through his hair. He took another hit of the vape before putting it away in his pockets, following the server inside.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:37 pm

Alozia wrote:
Azekopolaltion wrote:
“Alright, that’s Frank Doyle’s plan: free basic coverage from the government, purchase supplementals if you wish or opt out for private insurance. Now we move to Governor Anne Caldwell. Governor Caldwell has been a national advocate for Medicare for All. Governor, you released a plan that would expand Veteran’s Healthcare, but your rhetoric on the campaign trail indicate your support for single payer healthcare. Tell us about your vision for American healthcare.”

Healthcare Roundtable - Washington, D.C.

"Thank you Tim. Given the chance, I would like to thank the people involved in organizing this event. I understand that staffers and volunteers were involved in making this round table possible and I am thankful for their hard work."

"It is clear to me that healthcare is one of the most important issues facing our country. Our political leaders have long neglected the issue, putting profits of pharmaceutical companies before the needs of the American people. The scope of the healthcare crisis cannot be understated, with millions of Americans going bankrupt, hundreds of thousands of families falling victim to endless medical bills and tens of thousands of ordinary Americans dying, unable to receive medical care they desperately need. With this in mind, we need to look forward and lead with bold plans, plans which would not only amend the current system, but rather transform it in a way which would make it oriented around people and not profits."

"To answer your question Tim, I do believe in universal healthcare. I support Medicare For All and I am committed to making single-payer a reality, here in the United States.”

“You might ask me, what would that reality entail, let me explain. I believe in a comprehensive healthcare system, you rightly mentioned my plan for veterans and how I wish to provide every retired servicewoman and man with proper mental care they rightly deserve. Moreover, I wish to expand this plan to all American people, to properly address the mental health crisis, the gun violence epidemic and the struggle against opioid addiction. I also want to establish a healthcare plan that would provide other forms of treatment to every person in this country, regardless of their socioeconomic status. This would include life-saving surgeries, dental care as well as safe and legal abortion. I believe that we, as Democrats, can achieve a lot through healthcare reform and I hope other candidates are willing to join me in the good fight.”

“I don’t wish to speak over other candidates, but there is an issue I would like to address before I yield the floor. And that issue is with you Tim. When you invited us here you stressed how this event would be a round table, a chance for every candidate to freely describe their views on healthcare and present our plans without the usual mannerisms of political debates. Yet that didn’t stop you from behaving in a condescending manner. When Senator Murphy, your invitee, described his plans for healthcare you spoke out against him, deriding his plan without giving him a fair chance to defend himself. You ask subjective questions, designed to influence the listeners’ view on the issue before a candidate has a chance to speak about their plan. Today you have been dismissive about women on this stage just like you have been about their rights over the course of this campaign. If you cannot be an objective moderator and participant at the same time you should surrender one of your roles to someone more qualified.”

Tim was quite confused by the criticism, and wasn't sure what prompted it. "Governor you were informed that this would be a roundtable discussion. For a proper discussion to take place, we ask about the potential drawbacks of any plan, be it single-payer, as is your preference, or a public option like Senator Dayton or Senator Doyle's proposals. I have been asking questions from policy experts and medical professional; they are not my subjective talking points. This wasn't an attempt to attack Senator Murphy's plan, but an opportunity for him to assuage any concerns about his policy. If you have a problem with answering to legitimate policy concerns about your plan, then perhaps we have to question whether our proposal is really that strong."

"As for your charge that I have been dismissive of the women on the stage, I am going one at a time in order of the extensiveness of the plans that you guys have released. I gave Levi and Senator Dayton first priority, and then we turned to you. If I have in any way come off as a condescending moderator, I offer my apologies. That was not my intention, but I understand that moderating can come off as condescension. I'm sorry."

"Look, this is a discussion. Democrats deserve to know the potential holes in all of our plans. That is fair policy discussion, and fair game. Once I lay out my own plan, I will give all of you a chance to weigh in. That's how we have a rich conversation. Everybody ok?" He looked around the table waiting for responses before proceeding.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:52 am

James Moore
@MichiganMoore

It is truly incredible the either total lack of self awareness, or the total lack care Senator Westra is exhibiting right now once again speaking down to Governor Caldwell. She is a Governor and a Presidential Candidate, not a child.
Moderation is not condescension, that is all you.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:08 am

Velahor wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:"Cool, but what particularly?"

“There’s a YouTube video of you giving a speech on the floor for the Don’t Ask Don’t Tell Repeal. I found the way that you used examples from the past to demonstrate the unfairness of the policy, it was a well-constructed argument. I like well-constructed arguments,” said Papazian, being sure to elaborate. “And of course, I’ve admired your passionate advocacy for criminal justice reform and civil rights for years.”

"I see. I still maintain the position that it is equal to the Jim Crow laws."
Left Without Edge

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:19 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Dentali wrote:“I’d be open to considering it if more evidence came to light.”

Voting to confirm (not-Kavanagh) had felt like the greatest disgrace of her career, so the matter felt important to her in particular. "What do you intend to do with your various opponents if you win?"

"I believe in making friends with my rivals after an election. We don't need a divided party... In general i'll try and throw them a bone with cabinet posts, maybe a piece of pet legislation, supporting their personal ambition to another office... I'm not Wolf going after my personal enemies, and naysayers. Some like Prendergast or Porter are too toxic and scandal plagued to do that for but Bragg, Wolf Jr., and others will get the olive branch."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 am

Nathaniel Richardson
April 30th, 2019
Governor Max Smith's Mansion, Arizona

Richardson has known Smith as an acquaintance. Smith entered the house in 2011 and Richardson exited in 2012, he started as Governor of Arizona in 2019 and Richardson would be exiting in 2020. During those overlaps Richardson had met with him as a member of the caucus and the RGA. Additionally Richardson had visited Arizona multiple times in 2016 and 2018 to help campaign and fund-raise for Republicans in the state, including Doctor Smith.

Smith was well aligned with Richardson on paper. They both supported (Not-Rubio) in 2016, they were both tough on crime with a major emphasis on fiscal conservatism, with Richardson being arguably the most fiscally conservative Governor in the country for most of his career. Both were more moderate socially for the most part but were strongly pro-gun and both leaned towards a healthcare voucher system.

Arizona in general was a state Richardson hoped to win in the primary, and state slowly turning purple over the years that had accelerated greatly in in the Wolf era causing a number of electoral losses. It was a very suburban state the home state of the late Senator McAbel who had undergone many attacks from the President. Both these factor leaned in Richardson's favor, as was the more traditionally conservative leanings of its electorate.

Richardson arrived at the mansion of Governor Smith 5 minutes early and awaited him in the foyer

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:44 am

Dentali wrote:Nathaniel Richardson
April 30th, 2019

(Image)

Richardson has known Smith as an acquaintance. Smith entered the house in 2011 and Richardson exited in 2012, he started as Governor of Arizona in 2019 and Richardson would be exiting in 2020. During those overlaps Richardson had met with him as a member of the caucus and the RGA. Additionally Richardson had visited Arizona multiple times in 2016 and 2018 to help campaign and fund-raise for Republicans in the state, including Doctor Smith.

Smith was well aligned with Richardson on paper. They both supported (Not-Rubio) in 2016, they were both tough on crime with a major emphasis on fiscal conservatism, with Richardson being arguably the most fiscally conservative Governor in the country for most of his career. Both were more moderate socially for the most part but were strongly pro-gun and both leaned towards a healthcare voucher system.

Arizona in general was a state Richardson hoped to win in the primary, and state slowly turning purple over the years that had accelerated greatly in in the Wolf era causing a number of electoral losses. It was a very suburban state the home state of the late Senator McAbel who had undergone many attacks from the President. Both these factor leaned in Richardson's favor, as was the more traditionally conservative leanings of its electorate.

Richardson arrived at the mansion of Governor Smith 5 minutes early and awaited him in the foyer

Smith walked out into the foyer and motioned to greet Richardson, exclaiming "Hey!"
Left Without Edge

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:06 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Dentali wrote:Nathaniel Richardson
April 30th, 2019

(Image)

Smith walked out into the foyer and motioned to greet Richardson, exclaiming "Hey!"

"Doctor Smith good to see you again" Richardson said crossing to meet him and shake his hand. Once again Nate's broad warm smile shown through "Thank you for seeing me, I am glad that between our schedules we could make this work... Do you have someplace we can talk?"

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:17 am

Dentali wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Smith walked out into the foyer and motioned to greet Richardson, exclaiming "Hey!"

"Doctor Smith good to see you again" Richardson said crossing to meet him and shake his hand. Once again Nate's broad warm smile shown through "Thank you for seeing me, I am glad that between our schedules we could make this work... Do you have someplace we can talk?"

"Absolutely, in here." Smith led Nate into his office room, a more modest room located next to his grand lounge that contained a large computer and piles of work on it, and behind the computer a window, an array of memorabilia, and three leather seats. "Please, take a seat."
Left Without Edge

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:00 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Absolutely, in here." Smith led Nate into his office room, a more modest room located next to his grand lounge that contained a large computer and piles of work on it, and behind the computer a window, an array of memorabilia, and three leather seats. "Please, take a seat."

Richardson sat in the most appropriate seat and examined the room noting the similarities to his own office, sparsely decorated, well organized and dedicated to work. "So how is your Governorship so far? I remember coming from the house to the Governor's mansion it was somewhat of a bumpy adjustment."

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:12 am

Azekopolaltion wrote:
Alozia wrote:
Healthcare Roundtable - Washington, D.C.

"Thank you Tim. Given the chance, I would like to thank the people involved in organizing this event. I understand that staffers and volunteers were involved in making this round table possible and I am thankful for their hard work."

"It is clear to me that healthcare is one of the most important issues facing our country. Our political leaders have long neglected the issue, putting profits of pharmaceutical companies before the needs of the American people. The scope of the healthcare crisis cannot be understated, with millions of Americans going bankrupt, hundreds of thousands of families falling victim to endless medical bills and tens of thousands of ordinary Americans dying, unable to receive medical care they desperately need. With this in mind, we need to look forward and lead with bold plans, plans which would not only amend the current system, but rather transform it in a way which would make it oriented around people and not profits."

"To answer your question Tim, I do believe in universal healthcare. I support Medicare For All and I am committed to making single-payer a reality, here in the United States.”

“You might ask me, what would that reality entail, let me explain. I believe in a comprehensive healthcare system, you rightly mentioned my plan for veterans and how I wish to provide every retired servicewoman and man with proper mental care they rightly deserve. Moreover, I wish to expand this plan to all American people, to properly address the mental health crisis, the gun violence epidemic and the struggle against opioid addiction. I also want to establish a healthcare plan that would provide other forms of treatment to every person in this country, regardless of their socioeconomic status. This would include life-saving surgeries, dental care as well as safe and legal abortion. I believe that we, as Democrats, can achieve a lot through healthcare reform and I hope other candidates are willing to join me in the good fight.”

“I don’t wish to speak over other candidates, but there is an issue I would like to address before I yield the floor. And that issue is with you Tim. When you invited us here you stressed how this event would be a round table, a chance for every candidate to freely describe their views on healthcare and present our plans without the usual mannerisms of political debates. Yet that didn’t stop you from behaving in a condescending manner. When Senator Murphy, your invitee, described his plans for healthcare you spoke out against him, deriding his plan without giving him a fair chance to defend himself. You ask subjective questions, designed to influence the listeners’ view on the issue before a candidate has a chance to speak about their plan. Today you have been dismissive about women on this stage just like you have been about their rights over the course of this campaign. If you cannot be an objective moderator and participant at the same time you should surrender one of your roles to someone more qualified.”

Tim was quite confused by the criticism, and wasn't sure what prompted it. "Governor you were informed that this would be a roundtable discussion. For a proper discussion to take place, we ask about the potential drawbacks of any plan, be it single-payer, as is your preference, or a public option like Senator Dayton or Senator Doyle's proposals. I have been asking questions from policy experts and medical professional; they are not my subjective talking points. This wasn't an attempt to attack Senator Murphy's plan, but an opportunity for him to assuage any concerns about his policy. If you have a problem with answering to legitimate policy concerns about your plan, then perhaps we have to question whether our proposal is really that strong."

"As for your charge that I have been dismissive of the women on the stage, I am going one at a time in order of the extensiveness of the plans that you guys have released. I gave Levi and Senator Dayton first priority, and then we turned to you. If I have in any way come off as a condescending moderator, I offer my apologies. That was not my intention, but I understand that moderating can come off as condescension. I'm sorry."

"Look, this is a discussion. Democrats deserve to know the potential holes in all of our plans. That is fair policy discussion, and fair game. Once I lay out my own plan, I will give all of you a chance to weigh in. That's how we have a rich conversation. Everybody ok?" He looked around the table waiting for responses before proceeding.

"Tim, I answered your question. I spoke about my plan, maybe you should have listened like you did to my friend Levi when you wanted to throw a jab at him. There is a difference between respectful discussion and a negative, mean-spirited debate that you've offered us. You've repeatably shown an attitude of condescension, just like you're doing right now when you're talking down to me like a child. What you're showing here today is not moderation, you're not exhibiting the leadership we need to achieve healthcare reform. What you're showing here today, just like you've shown it before on the campaign trail, is narcissism."

"Now, how about we let every candidate present their plan in a fair manner and get this over with." Anne was frustrated with Tim, but didn't want to push the issue too far. All she really wanted was to get out of this event, knowing that she won't be able to have the fair discussion she wanted.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:14 am

Dentali wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:"Absolutely, in here." Smith led Nate into his office room, a more modest room located next to his grand lounge that contained a large computer and piles of work on it, and behind the computer a window, an array of memorabilia, and three leather seats. "Please, take a seat."

Richardson sat in the most appropriate seat and examined the room noting the similarities to his own office, sparsely decorated, well organized and dedicated to work. "So how is your Governorship so far? I remember coming from the house to the Governor's mansion it was somewhat of a bumpy adjustment."

Smith sat down next to Richardson. "It's bizzare, really. You go from making and voting on laws at the federal level to executive power at the state level, a complete u-turn. But I actually really like it. I like being in the executive, you have more control over things and it is easier and quicker to fulfill the needs of your constituents and donors."
Left Without Edge

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:16 am

Jack Chambers Western Tour: Provo, Utah
May 2nd and 3rd

Leaving Grand Junction it was a long but scenic drive crossing state lines into Utah. The countryside and Rockies was a beautiful sight and Jack was excited to begin campaigning here in Utah. Utah was a Super Tuesday state, and outside of the Southern Bible Belt it was one of the best places to hone on some religious right dialogue, the state being quite well known for its devout Mormon population. Provo, home of the Mormon flagship Brigham Young University, would be his first stop in fact.

Eventually the bus arrived in Provo where Jack and his staff checked into a Marriott for the night. The Marriott being an obvious choice for hotel as the company and ownership was probably the largest Mormon founded and ran company in the country, besides the church itself perhaps. After checking in everyone, Jack and his closest staff retired to his suit to talk some late night planning before ‘touring’ the college campus tomorrow.

Jack and his staff arrived to BYU early the morning of the 3rd. Jack and his staff were greeted by university officials who gave him a sun rise tour of the Wasatch Mountains behind the campus. Jack talked politics and faith with the touring officials who showed him the state of the art library, the concert halls, and athletic facilities of the university. The tour ended at a central plaza where Jack and his staff set up tables to meet with the students who were just now shuffling out into the world.

The table talks started fairly slowly, not too many students had 8am courses. A couple ROTC members headed to PT stopped by and Jack thanked them enthusiastically for their commitment to serve the country. Jack later met a couple students who had recently just enrolled and finished up missionary trips, as was customary in the Mormon faith, Jack enthusiastically discussed and thanked them for this religious service by the young men. Later as the morning progressed more and more students emerged from their dens. The majority of the students here were receptive of conservative politics, uncommon for most colleges but made sense for the Mormon nature of BYU. Jack and his staff had pamphlets they handed out opposing Abortion and planned parenthood. Similar pamphlets expressed protecting freedom of religious expression and preserving religious traditions in government.

Around noon Jack and his staff shuffled into one of the dining halls for lunch alongside students. Jack further discussed the economy and religion with these students along with the occasional debate on college sports.

After lunch, Jack and his staff returned to their quad table talk where a larger crowd was now circling about. Many students who came up, like before, were supportive but a few had negative things to say or wished to debate. The liberals who came up and protested were calmly thanked for their opinion and Jack warmly spoke of how the strong free speech protections in this country allowed for such debate along with religious expression freedoms. Some students came up and criticized Jack for his comments in Grand Island, he apologized sincerely and profusely and handed them campaign material in case they ever wanted to reconsider. A couple students actually came up in support of his comments from Grand Island, apprently they were so called “Never-Wolfers” and one even asked him he planned on teaming up with (Not-Romney), Jack wasn’t sure how to respond to these people. He certainly did not want anyone else to think he had intentionally meant to criticize the president.

Around 5 the campaign packed up and headed back to the hotel. Being up before sundown was exhausting for Jack. He quickly ate in his room, put on a movie, and headed to bed before too long.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:19 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Smith sat down next to Richardson. "It's bizzare, really. You go from making and voting on laws at the federal level to executive power at the state level, a complete u-turn. But I actually really like it. I like being in the executive, you have more control over things and it is easier and quicker to fulfill the needs of your constituents and donors."

"I agree" Richardson said with a nod "Its much easier to see a real direct impact on people, filling potholes, fixing a street sign... all the little things that mean a whole lot to people. Being in the house is much more impersonal, at least in my opinion... I'm going to legitimately miss it when i'm out."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:22 am

Agarntrop wrote:2nd May 2019
Press Conference
Governor Max Smith
Phoenix, Arizona

(Image)

Dull as ever, Governor Smith walked on professionally and robotically on to the podium of the press conference, with the Governor's seal below, and his staff sitting behind him. As he walked, desperate journalists gathered in a crowd like maggots on a dead body, with the intense sound of cameras taking photos almost making it seem as if gunfire was near.

Governor Smith shuffled his papers in front of him, and began, speaking in his classic, monotonous voice.

"I would like to thank you all for coming to this press conference today, it is indeed a pleasure to be here. In my statement today I would like to remind you all that I am trying to work hard on pushing through my campaign promises to the Arizonan people through the legislature and through over avenues if applicable.

"Firstly, I am working on fundamentally changing the way the Arizonan taxation scheme works, I have contacted members of the state legislature, and I hope to push through my taxation plans of cutting both state income and corporate tax to 3%, increasing the productivity of our businesses, and giving our people more freedom in what to do with their own money.

"Secondly, I have contacted both the attorney general and members of the state legislature over a major issue in our state - crime - and I hope to work with them in increasing deterrents to violent offenders including resuming executions for some of the most depraved and callous killers in our state.

"Thirdly, I intend to use the money generated from the productivity boost generated by tax cuts to implement a large boost to the education budget of our state, giving our children the right to a proper education and start to life regardless of ethnicity or social class.

"What are you going to do in order to tackle the groundwater shortages which are only expected to get much worse?"

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:24 am

Dentali wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Smith sat down next to Richardson. "It's bizzare, really. You go from making and voting on laws at the federal level to executive power at the state level, a complete u-turn. But I actually really like it. I like being in the executive, you have more control over things and it is easier and quicker to fulfill the needs of your constituents and donors."

"I agree" Richardson said with a nod "Its much easier to see a real direct impact on people, filling potholes, fixing a street sign... all the little things that mean a whole lot to people. Being in the house is much more impersonal, at least in my opinion... I'm going to legitimately miss it when i'm out."

"Well, I'm lucky that I've only just started and I've got a lot of work to do on my agenda."
Left Without Edge

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:32 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Well, I'm lucky that I've only just started and I've got a lot of work to do on my agenda."

"Its not easy... I had it much better pre 2018, I don't envy your position... the democrats have made big gains in state legislatures all over. Correct me if i'm wrong but you have more democrats in your legislature than you have since the 90s? They took 4 seats in the house?"

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:34 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“They were a defeat. Not in the Senate. We won big in the senate. But they were a defeat in the House. They were, sadly- maybe the Democrats stole it, I don’t know. I don’t think so but I’ve heard that. I don’t know. But what is the issue?”

“The issue was that Governor Richardson directly blames you for it, Mr President, also saying that the administration had essentially underperformed within its first year in terms of legislation, particularly in comparison to his time as Governor.”

Wolf frowned. “That’s horrible. Horrible. This man has no loyalty, none. No loyalty at all. Why is he still running? Why is he in the race? Sounds bad. What are you doing about this?”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:46 am

Dentali wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:2nd May 2019
Press Conference
Governor Max Smith
Phoenix, Arizona

(Image)

"What are you going to do in order to tackle the groundwater shortages which are only expected to get much worse?"

"I think we need a pragmatic solution to this rather than the kind of reactive anti-agriculture socialist policies being proposed by democrats. I had a plan for this in my election policy papers, and it is to completely change the infrastructure of Arizona regarding this building large infrastructure projects that can redirect water to where it is needed the most, and still keep our farming industry alive and well. Pragmatism, rather than regulation, is what I see as the clear, blatant solution to all of this."
Left Without Edge

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse