NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Azekopolaltion » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:13 am

Tim Westra 2020
April 5th
Green Bay, Wisconsin

Before his rally at UW-Green Bay, Tim spent time door-knocking in Brown County, speaking to voters primarily about economic issues. He emphasized a vision
of standing up for manufacturing communities that had been left behind by disastrous trade deals negotiated by the Republican and Democratic establishment. He hit Wolf on NAFTA, saying the President was doing little to nothing the would actually make a difference for American workers on their end of the deal.

After speaking to several households, he drove 30 minutes to Greenleaf, where he visited the Brickstead Dairy Farm. He described his agriculture plan, adding that he was the only presidential candidate with a plan for farmers. Dairy farmers in Wisconsin were worried about farm closures, with almost 800 closing this year; Tim assured them that his supply management system would guarantee farmers a decent price and allow them to keep their farms open. He also promised to tackle uncompetitive behavior by Big Ag and would promote tax credits for small cooperatives in Wisconsin.

After touring the farm, he returned to Green Bay, where he arrived at the university campus for his rally. After being introduced by some student volunteers and a union leader from NJ, Tim walked onstage to Bruce Springsteen.

"Before starting, I'd like to stop and thank UW for so graciously accommodating us today. The efforts of this campaign are really boosted by the actions of everyone in our wider community, and I'm so grateful that folks on the school board allowed us to use this space. I'm also so thankful for the tremendous energy of the grassroots supporters and volunteers who are the real heroes of this primary."

"Folks, I would like you to close your eyes and imagine it's Election Day 2020. The Democratic nominee will be giving America a wake-up call. Wake up, America. The fossil fuel companies, the war contractors, the banks, all of corporate America - they seized the economy and have added trillions in unproductive spending to the national debt in the form of wars and tax cuts for themselves. We now pay five times more for higher education, five times more for defense, and twice what we paid for health care."

"Millions of Americans are stuck in abysmally low-paying jobs, so many have been evicted from their homes, they're left without health care, without pensions. Trillions of dollars for unnecessary wars, a bailout for the banks, and tax cuts for the billionaire class, paid for with their borrowed money."

"If there was an Olympics for misleading, mismanaging and misappropriating, this administration would take the gold. World records for violations of national and international laws. They want another four-year term to continue to alienate our allies, spend our children's inheritance and hollow out our economy."

"I will apologize on behalf of how our party treated Wisconsin in the last general election. We took your communities for granted. We took your workers for granted. We took your farmers for granted."

"Our party has changed. Our party will now return to our New Deal roots, and fight for the working class, not the big companies. We will fight against disastrous trade deals. We will fight for good farm prices. We will fight for workplace democracy. For universal healthcare. For universal housing. For universal college. For the ideal of equal opportunity that our founding fathers promised!"

"And how do we do that? We need a multigenerational, multiracial, multisexual movement that holds our leaders to account and promote our worker-led agenda to pressure the Washington hacks to carry it out! We do that when we elect a president that can actually win. Not an armchair thinker. Not an ideologue. Not a career politician. We need someone with a track record of progressive change."

"I made hard choices even when they threatened my career. I was out of a job for publicly fighting the passage of NAFTA. I voted against the repeal of Glass Steagall, against the wishes of the party establishment. Voted against the Defense of Marriage Act, and for the rights of the gay community. I wrote the damn Affordable Care Act, extending healthcare to 20 million people! We say we want universal healthcare; let's ask who got it done!"

"We can't afford another Republican administration. Wake up, Wisconsin. The insurance companies took over health care. Wake up, America. The pharmaceutical companies took over drug pricing. Wake up, America. The speculators took over Wall Street. Wake up, America. They want to take your Social Security. Wake up, America. Multinational corporations took over our trade policies, factories are still closing, good paying jobs lost."

"This administration can tap our phones. They can't tap our creative spirit. They can open our mail. They can't open economic opportunities. They can track our every move. They lost track of the economy for working people. They skillfully played our post-9/11 fears and allowed the few to profit at the expense of the many."

"Wake up, Wisconsin. This is not a call for you to take a new direction from right to left. This is call for you to go from down to up. Up with the rights of workers. Up with wages. Up with fair trade. Up with creating millions of good paying jobs, rebuilding our bridges, ports and water systems. Up with creating millions of sustainable energy jobs to lower the cost of energy, lower carbon emissions and protect the environment."

"Up with health care for all. Up with education for all. Up with home ownership. Up with guaranteed retirement benefits. Up with peace. Up with prosperity. Up with our working class campaign to restore justice to the White House."

"We are all children of God. We all deserve to operate under America's promise. We all deserve to be treated with dignity. The poor. The hungry. The wretched. This is their country too!"

"These are values we all agree on, whether we call ourselves progressives, conservatives, independents, Democrats, or Republicans. These are values our mothers have taught us since before preschool. The value of honesty. The value of compassion. The value of sharing. So why does the Washington elite run away from these values when it comes time to use them?"

"It's because the system is rotten to its core. The corporate fat cats buy the souls of our elected officials, so that our vote no longer counts. Our democracy died the day the parties ran away from working people and got in bed with the corporate lobbyists. But this campaign will signal to the establishment: your time is up. We have no corporate donors, no Super PAC, no closed-door fundraisers. This is powered by the people."

"Friends, let us rise up! Let us rise up in solidarity and scream to the elitists who ignore us: we are worthy of your respect! We will put workers first! We will unite, and you will understand that your time is up."
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Richardson Press Release

It is with heavy heart that I announce the passing of Governor Richardson’s father. He passed peacefully of a heart attack in his sleep, to take care of funeral arrangements and proceeds Governor Richardson is temporarily suspending his campaign but will return to the trail in a few days. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Theodore Vohoffsky
@CaliforniaLibertarian

Very sad time for Governor Richardson. I wish him the best, and give him all the thoughts and prayers that I can. No matter which political side you're on, we must give in our thoughts and prayers to a faithful public servant and to a competent Governor.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
She paused, thought of it for a second. "Well, let's deduct some people first. I'd say no to Chambers, obviously. Pass on Goldwater. It's down to Richardson and Prendergast. Richardson is a politician at heart, reminds me a bit of [not-Kasich], but he could be a safer option. I'm not personally a fan of him, I thought he was quite bossy, really," Lily said. "Prendergast, on the other hand, is trying to follow in your footsteps. Not sure if it's totally natural, maybe he's trying to imitate you too closely. I found it strange that he took a pilgrimage to the farm in Maine. But, he'd definitely carry your torch. So, I don't know. I don't know."

“He said he would put you in the administration. That’s what matters. You could keep him in line. You could keep him in line. I trust him more than Richardson or any of the others. He loves me. He’s a true patriot. He loves me. Still waiting to see if Rick will get in.”

"Mhm, anyway, was there anything else we should talk about?"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:09 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“He said he would put you in the administration. That’s what matters. You could keep him in line. You could keep him in line. I trust him more than Richardson or any of the others. He loves me. He’s a true patriot. He loves me. Still waiting to see if Rick will get in.”

“Not that I know of. I’ll be in touch with you regarding the RNC election. I’m going to have my staff ask (Not-McDaniel) to pay me a visit. After that the RNC should hold its election. I’ll endorse you and you’ll probably win by acclamation. We can have this done by the end of the month.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Dentali wrote:Richardson Press Release

It is with heavy heart that I announce the passing of Governor Richardson’s father. He passed peacefully of a heart attack in his sleep, to take care of funeral arrangements and proceeds Governor Richardson is temporarily suspending his campaign but will return to the trail in a few days. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
@JPJ4USA

Very sorry to hear about the death of @GovernorRichardson's father. From myself, from the First Lady of West Virginia, and from all of my team, you have our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathy, Nate.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:24 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
"I like Senator Dayton. She's... well, she's what she says on the tin. Pragmatic. And we can try to pass both bills. As I explained to Representative Nuñez, we have just under two years until the next election. There is time enough for us to both show what we want, and submit bills that we believe we can pass. There's no need to panic about moderate and progessive bills sharing the docket, there's no shortage of time at this stage. I might be more hesitant if we were in... say, summer of 2020, but that's months and months away." She nodded softly. "What we can do is move to introduce your bill first, and if that gets totally kiboshed, we can let mine spring up as a 'softer' option. But we will have, at least, drawn our line in the sand and shown what we stand for."

"Ah, makes sense. Just to make sure then, you'd still want to be a co-sponsor on my bill then right?"

"Of course. I'll leave a note with the Speaker to hold my bill on the docket until yours has been and gone. But we should be signalling out there that the Democrats remain and always will be the party of small-d democracy." She nodded confidently, scratching her chin. "Honestly, I'm surprised you're not here to talk about the Caucus Chair election, Kathleen. It's a relief."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:12 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

“Not that I know of. I’ll be in touch with you regarding the RNC election. I’m going to have my staff ask (Not-McDaniel) to pay me a visit. After that the RNC should hold its election. I’ll endorse you and you’ll probably win by acclamation. We can have this done by the end of the month.”

"Good, you know how I hate waiting for those bureaucratic little things," Lilyana said. "Well, look after yourself Dad. I'll try to keep in touch regularly, and if you ever need me, just send me a text."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:14 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“Not that I know of. I’ll be in touch with you regarding the RNC election. I’m going to have my staff ask (Not-McDaniel) to pay me a visit. After that the RNC should hold its election. I’ll endorse you and you’ll probably win by acclamation. We can have this done by the end of the month.”

"Good, you know how I hate waiting for those bureaucratic little things," Lilyana said. "Well, look after yourself Dad. I'll try to keep in touch regularly, and if you ever need me, just send me a text."

“Ok. I’ll try. Ok. Should I keep going to treatments? I’m worried my hair will fall out. Is it any use? What should I do- Lil, should I keep going to treatments?”

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

“Ok. I’ll try. Ok. Should I keep going to treatments? I’m worried my hair will fall out. Is it any use? What should I do- Lil, should I keep going to treatments?”

"Yes, keep getting your treatment. Have you looked into a wig, maybe? I have a few friends in the fashion industry that can get you a real nice, natural-looking toupee."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:18 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“Ok. I’ll try. Ok. Should I keep going to treatments? I’m worried my hair will fall out. Is it any use? What should I do- Lil, should I keep going to treatments?”

"Yes, keep getting your treatment. Have you looked into a wig, maybe? I have a few friends in the fashion industry that can get you a real nice, natural-looking toupee."

“Yes that would be good. I can’t let the American people think I’ve lost my vigor. I’m Arnold Wolf. Arnold Wolf is a vigorous, virile guy, ok? I’m Arnold Wolf. Get me a wig Lil. Get me a mustache too. I’m Arnold Wolf. I need my mustache.”

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

“Yes that would be good. I can’t let the American people think I’ve lost my vigor. I’m Arnold Wolf. Arnold Wolf is a vigorous, virile guy, ok? I’m Arnold Wolf. Get me a wig Lil. Get me a mustache too. I’m Arnold Wolf. I need my mustache.”

"Sure, and you know what, I'll get onto that now. For your sake. Have you thought about a beard? You'll look like a real wise statesman, all of the big name politicians do that when they depart from political life."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:47 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theodore Vohoffsky
@CaliforniaLibertarian

Very sad time for Governor Richardson. I wish him the best, and give him all the thoughts and prayers that I can. No matter which political side you're on, we must give in our thoughts and prayers to a faithful public servant and to a competent Governor.

Retweeted by @JohnAtangNY3 and @TMisra

Dentali wrote:Richardson Press Release

@JPJ4USA

Very sorry to hear about the death of @GovernorRichardson's father. From myself, from the First Lady of West Virginia, and from all of my team, you have our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathy, Nate.

Retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator and @TMisra

John Atang
@JohnAtangNY3

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of Governor Richardson's father. I call upon all Democratic and Republican candidates to suspend campaigning out of respect for him, as we should make sure our thoughts and prayers should transcend political boundaries at this very difficult time for the Richardson family.

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Very sad news regarding Gov. Richardson. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:52 pm

Thomas Volker
@RepresentativeVolker
I would like to express my deepest sympathies for Governor Richardson and his family as a result of his father's tragic loss. As a mark of sympathy I agree with @JohnAtangNY3 that all Presidential candidates should suspend campaigning out of respect for their fellow candidate. I hope that all of you will join me in sending thoughts and prayers to Governor Richardson through this tragic period.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:56 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“Yes that would be good. I can’t let the American people think I’ve lost my vigor. I’m Arnold Wolf. Arnold Wolf is a vigorous, virile guy, ok? I’m Arnold Wolf. Get me a wig Lil. Get me a mustache too. I’m Arnold Wolf. I need my mustache.”

"Sure, and you know what, I'll get onto that now. For your sake. Have you thought about a beard? You'll look like a real wise statesman, all of the big name politicians do that when they depart from political life."

Wolf mulled it over for a second. He would be like Abraham Lincoln. “I am more popular than Abraham Lincoln. It makes sense. It makes sense to have a beard. I’ll look into it. Thank you for coming today Lil. We will be in touch about the RNC. We will be in touch.”

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:00 pm

@JPJ4USA

Out of respect to the Richardson family and in the interests of fairness and openness, the Prendergast 2020 campaign will be cancelling its Monday 8th through Thursday 11th campaign stops in Nebraska, Illinois, New York and Massachusetts. These events will be rescheduled ahead to Friday 12th onwards.
Neoliberal

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:06 pm

(Image)
@JPJ4USA

Out of respect to the Richardson family and in the interests of fairness and openness, the Prendergast 2020 campaign will be cancelling its Monday 8th through Thursday 11th campaign stops in Nebraska, Illinois, New York and Massachusetts. These events will be rescheduled ahead to Friday 12th onwards.

Liked and retweeted by @RepresentativeVolker.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:14 pm

NNC SPECIAL REPORT
What a week its been in the world of politics! It seems that every day that we edge closer to election day, the crazier the politicians across the country tend to get, (and boy is this true today!). The classy politics of the early 2000s are over and instead, they are replaced by mud-slinging on Twitter. I guess this shows you how technologically advanced we are as a nation, but you wouldn't think that after we give you today's news stories. So strap yourself in and get ready for some BREAKING NEWS.

Tensions Flare From Within The Republican Party
What a story to start off the week!
Tensions have been understandably rising within the Republican Party as they scramble to find a replacement nominee for Presidency after President Wolf announced that he would not be seeking a second term. This came a few days after he received a devastating diagnosis, revealing that he had Stage 3 Brain Cancer. Reportedly, Wolf did not disclose this information with the RNC before making this announcement, leaving some Republicans angry. Other Republicans took another approach, announcing their bid for the White House a year before the first Primary! Crazy, right?

Well, one of these Republican hopefuls is Governor Jack Chambers of Nebraska. At a campaign rally this week Governor Chambers made quite a big blunder! What is this blunder you ask? Well, have a listen to this!

"I understand that something needs to be done about overseas job and faulty Chinese business practices but this form of Chemotherapy used by President Wolf is NOT the answer. Rather than kill ourselves with the cancer, we need to take a more surgical approach which comes to a beneficial solution for all parties. "

Yikes, that was painful to listen to! It probably isn't the best thing to mention Cancer and President Wolf in the same sentence, only after a few months from he announced he wasn't seeking another term due to Stage Three Brain Cancer. Now as you can imagine this got the people in Washington riled up, but let's be honest, these people get riled up over the smallest comments, trying to score Political points for them and their respective parties. However, a surprising comment came from fellow Republican Governor Richardson of North Carolina, who coincidently is seeking the Republican nomination. Governor Richardson commented on twitter;

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Governor Chambers is a good man, I do not believe him using the term 'chemotherapy' to negatively describe the President's policies was an intentional reference to the President's cancer battle. All the same he should clarify, apologize and not use the language in future campaign events

Surprising comment coming from a rival! But I have to agree with Governor Richardson, this was clearly not intended to be a dig at the President. But isn't it funny only the politicians who don't work in Washington can see this? If you have a dive into Twitter you can see Washington insiders just piling on to this poor man. We won't be displaying any of them here, but believe me, Democrats and Republicans were railing against Jack Chambers for a speech, which was probably put together by some intern. But this has given Governor Chambers some much-needed Press Coverage and has now much him on the map as a Republican contender. Republican contenders now include; Governor Chambers, former Senator Jeffrey Calder, Senator Goldwater, Governor Prendergast, and Governor Richardson. However, sources here at NNC have on good word that another Republican may be joining the race, so we can't wait for this circus to continue!

Apart from that, there hasn't been much development in terms of the Republican race. Most of the candidates are acting reasonably normally. Except, of course, Senator Goldwater. But would we expect anything less? It will certainly be interesting with a new candidate potentially joining the race to succeed Wolf and I can't wait for the debates to roll around to see what candidates flourish and which candidates fail! Stay tuned folks!
Race Is On For House Democratic Caucus Chairmanship
Now let us move to a bit more of a sane story.

Only recently, the chair of the House Democratic Caucus sadly passed away. It is unknown what the cause of death was, but some sources close to the Congressman pointed to a long term illness. Well with the new vacancy of the chairmanship, that means that an election will be happening soon to replace the late Chairman.

So I hear you ask, who is trying to become Democrat Caucus Chair? Well, it really isn't clear. There have been a few rumors about who might and who might not be running, but one thing we know for sure is that Representative Simone of New York's 12th Congressional District is running. Now, this might be a surprise for most of you, it was certainly a surprise to me! Before today I didn't really know who Caroline Simone was but after intense research, I think I have a clearer picture now.

Caroline Simone is a relatively new member of Congress, with her only being elected in 2014. Before becoming a congresswoman, she had a go at the State Department during the Clifford Administration. She would move around in fairly insignificant roles before being nominated by the Bharia administration for the Ambassadorship to Turkey, which she would serve between 2009 - 2012.

Speaker Douglas is supporting Simone's bid for the Chair, which is quite strange as I wouldn't really see Simone as a unifying Chair. In fact, Speaker Douglas is supporting someone who is quite Hawkish, and someone who is quite in favor of flexing the US Military now and then so that we can get our way. Let's just say I wouldn't be supporting them if I were speaker!

But it'll be certainly interesting to watch. Will anybody step up to the plate and challenge Representative Simone or does this mark a change for the Democrat's view on foreign policy? Only time will tell!
More Players Join The Field?
Yes, you have read the headline right, more Democrats have joined the already crowded field! Well I mean one of them has, the other one is expected to join soon. This already crowded field of Democrats has just gained two more players with Senator Christina Wynne of New Hampshire having already announced and Florida Governor Mike Veléz expected to announce soon. This comes only a week after Businessman John Donaldson and Senator Erika Goldman announced their candidacy for the nomination.

So who exactly are these two new recruits?

Well, let us start with Christina Wynne. She isn't the most prominent member of her party and hasn't really stood out but she has served in prestigious roles, for example, UN Ambassador under the Baharia Administration, Russia and later United Kingdom Ambassador under the Clifford Administration. Senator Wynne has a strong grasp on Foreign Policy, along with other interests like LGBT+ Rights and Human Rights as a whole. She has recently taken prominence as a strong critic of Wolf's foreign policy, but will she criticize the President on anything else? It is certainly someone to keep your eye on.

Now to our second newcomer? Well he hasn't officially announced yet but over here at NNC we are predicting that Governor Mike Veléz will be joining the Democratic Primary soon. He did recently go on a CNN Interview and come out swinging at the other Democratic candidates and he has been setting up a ground team behind the scenes, so I think it's safe to say that Veléz will be heading into the Democratic Primary. This once US Trade Representative is well known to the public, with him taking a front seat to Baharia's Re-election campaign. After his stint as Trade Representative, he ran a successful campaign for Florida Governor. It is quite clear that Veléz has benefited from Political Patronage, but at this point with all these candidates in the Democratic Primary, who hasn't?

But that's the Democratic round-up for now. Don't you find it funny that nearly half of the Current Democrats running for the nomination have served in the Bahiara Cabinet at some point? Me too! I guess it's like that old saying, What Comes Around, Goes Around. Debate Time should be interesting as half of these folks won't be able to criticize each other without directly hurting themselves! It's an interesting time for Politics!
Please find below some Democratic Primary Polling released earlier this week. As you can see from it people are moving up and down every week as it is still very early and a lot of people still aren't decided. But it'll be interesting to see who will remain on the polls this time next year.

National Polling Data
Senator Levi Murphy: 12% (+2)
Secretary Helen Whitaker: 11% (-2)
Senator Timothy Westra: 10% (+3)
Senator Benjamin Little: 10% (+1)
Senator Jillian Dayton: 6% (+1)
Governor Anne Caldwell: 4% (0)
Representative Emily Davenport: 4% (+2)
Governor Miguel Velez: 4% (0)
Businessman John Donaldson: 2% (0)
Senator Erika Goldman: 2% (0)
Undecided: 35%
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:35 pm

Kathleen Nez
@KathleenNez

My condolences to @GovernorRichardson and his family. Losing a family member is never easy, my thoughts and prayers go out his family during this time.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:37 pm

Des Moines
Iowa

After her well received announcement speech, Christina knew she had to make a play for Iowa. While her home state of New Hampshire voted second, and had great influence over the subsequent primaries, Iowa was the traditional launch pad for most Presidential hopefuls. While a New England professor and diplomat might not be the kind of politician the Iowans were used to seeing, Christina hoped to prove to them that she truly understood their issues, and was really on their side. After landing in Iowa, she met a group of her volunteers and members of the field team her campaign had hired, before participating in a door knock that morning around several Des Moines neighbourhoods. She spoke at length to many voters about her proposal for a public option for healthcare, her service in the cabinet of President Baharia, and the need to move past the political divisions of Wolfism, and return to decency and respect. Her brochures included her resume, her work as an Ambassador, Professor, and finally Senator, while also laying out the plans stated in her announcement speech.

After the morning door knocks, and a quick stop for lunch, Christina went for an impromptu visit to the Des Moines Thrifty Flea Market, one of the largest of such markets in the City. There, she mixed and mingled with several shopkeepers, and bought several different items, including jewelry from an elderly artisan, and a picture frame from a younger woman. Her final purchase was a jello cup parfait from a young child who had set up a stand that also sold lemonade. After doing the rounds of almost all of the stands, she spoke at length to the small crowd her appearance had assembled about her plans to repeal the Wolf tax cuts, and boost aid to small businesses, make college more affordable, and fight for a higher minimum wage.

After her event at the flea market, she had a short dinner with several reporters, and then went to a rally with her supporters at Des Moines Community College. There, introduced by a local teacher who had been a student of hers, and flanked by her husband, she gave the following speech.

"Hello Iowa! So good to be back here in the Hawkeye state. Thank you, thank you. Wow. "

"Do you all like my necklace? I bought it today, just down at the Flea Market, from a lovely woman names Elsie. Elsie is 76, retired, but was forced to take up her home jewelry business when her husband Jim was forced out of work because of a chronic illness. They eventually realized that Jim had the early signs of Alzheimers. Now, Elsie is at that Flea Market, from dawn till dusk, selling her jewelry, for reasonable prices I might ad! She is lucky that her kids are helping her, and that we have medicare to help Jim!

"But, as lucky as she is, she knows she could have done better if she had gone to college, like this fine one here in Des Moines. She said she had wanted too, but never did. Of her kids, and her grandkids, only two have moved on to college because of the crushing student debt that people today now expect as part and parcel of our higher education system. It does not have to be that way!"

"Education, like healthcare, is a human right. And that is why I have a plan to make sure that all of our kids has the option to attend a college of their choice with NO student debt. Not a single penny. By 2024, families with income up to $100,000 will pay no tuition at in-state four-year public colleges and universities. And from the end of my first year in office, every student from a family making $85,000 a year or less will be able to go to an in-state four-year public college or university without paying tuition."

"In addition, amazing community colleges, like the one we are in right now, will be fully free of tuition charges."

"And, to help rebalance our society and help dismantle the structural limitations which our history has place upon our minority communities, I will pledge to create a $25 billion fund to support such institutions as historically black colleges, and those universities offering scholarships, or programs designed to life up our Hispanic, black, and LGBTQ communities."

"And for those who are already struggling with their debt, the costs of merely wanting a better education, my administration will help you."

"First, borrowers will be able to refinance loans at current rates, providing debt relief to an estimated 25 million people. They’ll never have to pay back more than 10 percent of their income, and all remaining college debt will be forgiven after 20 years."

"Our aspiring entrepreneurs will be able to defer their loans with no payments or interest for up to three years. Social entrepreneurs and those starting new enterprises in distressed communities will be eligible for up to $17,500 in loan forgiveness."

"And finally, within my first month as President, I will take immediate executive action to offer a three-month moratorium on student loan payments to all federal loan borrowers. That will give every borrower a chance to consolidate their loans, sign up for income-based repayment plans, and take advantage of opportunities to reduce their monthly interest payments and fees."

"I was a teacher for years. I saw what real schooling, real effort, real funding, can do. If we invest in our young people, if we fulfill the promise of America and ensure that our education system works for everyone, we can make sure that this generation, our kids and our young people, are better educated than ever. We can ease the burdens of student debt and unleash the generational potential of hundreds of thousands of people working hard, but struggling to get ahead. And we can do this, my friends, because we all know, and we all believe, that in America, better is always possible!"
Last edited by Great Franconia and Verana on Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:44 pm

(Image)
@JPJ4USA

Liked and Retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:46 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

Wolf mulled it over for a second. He would be like Abraham Lincoln. “I am more popular than Abraham Lincoln. It makes sense. It makes sense to have a beard. I’ll look into it. Thank you for coming today Lil. We will be in touch about the RNC. We will be in touch.”

"Yes, we will." Lily packed up her handbag and left his office.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:50 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
"Ah, makes sense. Just to make sure then, you'd still want to be a co-sponsor on my bill then right?"

"Of course. I'll leave a note with the Speaker to hold my bill on the docket until yours has been and gone. But we should be signalling out there that the Democrats remain and always will be the party of small-d democracy." She nodded confidently, scratching her chin. "Honestly, I'm surprised you're not here to talk about the Caucus Chair election, Kathleen. It's a relief."

"Agreed, although I can't imagine it'd be the hardest thing to signal as long as the Republicans continue to fight for gerrymandering. I'm glad to hear its a relief, seems like you were pretty stressed about it," Kathleen said while leading back into her chair, "If you wouldn't mind me asking, how do you think it's going so far. I haven't heard much of anyone else planning on running, but then again I haven't been paying that much attention to it."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:29 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Agreed, although I can't imagine it'd be the hardest thing to signal as long as the Republicans continue to fight for gerrymandering. I'm glad to hear its a relief, seems like you were pretty stressed about it," Kathleen said while leading back into her chair, "If you wouldn't mind me asking, how do you think it's going so far. I haven't heard much of anyone else planning on running, but then again I haven't been paying that much attention to it."

"Whilst I know that I have support from a broad number of Reps, from you and Emily on the progressive side, through Atang over to Nuñez on the moderate wing, I don't know where things stand until the chips are down. I don't know if the fact I have a civil discourse with Volker helps or hinders my case. I don't know if someone's going to drag up my foreign policy record to make me out as a D.I.N.O. It's all very... Well. I'm not used to races like these." She smiled wanly, shaking her head. "Frankly, I'm counting my blessings that none of the progressive Senators who I'm definitely on the wrong side of have said anything."
Neoliberal

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Agreed, although I can't imagine it'd be the hardest thing to signal as long as the Republicans continue to fight for gerrymandering. I'm glad to hear its a relief, seems like you were pretty stressed about it," Kathleen said while leading back into her chair, "If you wouldn't mind me asking, how do you think it's going so far. I haven't heard much of anyone else planning on running, but then again I haven't been paying that much attention to it."

"Whilst I know that I have support from a broad number of Reps, from you and Emily on the progressive side, through Atang over to Nuñez on the moderate wing, I don't know where things stand until the chips are down. I don't know if the fact I have a civil discourse with Volker helps or hinders my case. I don't know if someone's going to drag up my foreign policy record to make me out as a D.I.N.O. It's all very... Well. I'm not used to races like these." She smiled wanly, shaking her head. "Frankly, I'm counting my blessings that none of the progressive Senators who I'm definitely on the wrong side of have said anything."

"Considering it's a House race, I'd imagine it might be a bit inappropriate for any Senators to comment on it. I suppose you'd just have to wait and see if someone else enters the race to have any idea on how the race would come down, otherwise as long as your the only one in the running, seems like you'll win, of course, I'm stating the obvious there but it still seems like your gonna be the only one who's running when all of us come together and vote."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse