NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 7:46 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Alright..." Vohoffsky pulled a valve to increase the water level.

"Should be about 7 feet across the entire pool. Ready to jump in?"

“Yup.”

"Alright." Theo took as slight dive. It wasn't skillful in any way, just a regular basic dive.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 7:53 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:“Yup.”

"Alright." Theo took as slight dive. It wasn't skillful in any way, just a regular basic dive.

Felix did the same, pulling off a slightly more graceful entry. The water was cold, but refreshing, and the wetsuit felt much more comfortable once he was actually in the water.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat May 30, 2020 8:46 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Alozia wrote:"Mhm." Tawney was a bit shocked by what he heard. "I honestly don't know what to say... Listen George, I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name, the good thing is that he hasn't gone through with anything yet. Theoretically we can stop it, but... well, it won't be easy. Oh, and tell everyone who put the plans forward not to do the 'disproportionate' plans anymore, okay? In the future that is, just to be safe. Again, what do you suggest we do with Iran, current choice of action aside?"

"I would have gone with one of the smaller proportionate plans. A series of punitive airstrikes on targets that the Iranians know we'd likely hit and have already evacuated. Say, a heavy water treatment plant and a couple of radar stations. Draws a line in the sand, everyone's throw a punch, and we could walk away."

"I agree that this is a far better course of action..." Tawney replied. "But I am not sure the President can be made to see it that way."
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat May 30, 2020 8:49 am

Alozia wrote:"I agree that this is a far better course of action..." Tawney replied. "But I am not sure the President can be made to see it that way."

"He has a myopic hatred of Iran. As such, I can't be sure if he's acting out of hatred or misunderstanding, and that's a difficult line to navigate."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 8:55 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Alright." Theo took as slight dive. It wasn't skillful in any way, just a regular basic dive.

Felix did the same, pulling off a slightly more graceful entry. The water was cold, but refreshing, and the wetsuit felt much more comfortable once he was actually in the water.

"It's nice, isn't it? The water, I mean." Theo said, noticing how Felix entered.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 8:59 am

Titanne wrote:Felix did the same, pulling off a slightly more graceful entry. The water was cold, but refreshing, and the wetsuit felt much more comfortable once he was actually in the water.

"It's nice, isn't it? The water, I mean." Theo said, noticing how Felix entered.

"Yeah, it is..."

He dipped his head under the water, getting his hair wet.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"It's nice, isn't it? The water, I mean." Theo said, noticing how Felix entered.

"Yeah, it is..."

"You want to do some proper swimming?" Theo said, treading the water.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 9:11 am

Titanne wrote:"Yeah, it is..."

"You want to do some proper swimming?" Theo said, treading the water.

He nodded.

"Sure."
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 9:13 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"You want to do some proper swimming?" Theo said, treading the water.

He nodded.

"Sure."

"Alright. Let's race to the other end. Freestyle, do whatever stroke you feel best doing." Theo then went under the water, swimming towards the other side. He wasn't too competent at swimming, so he chose the easy style of a frontstroke, even if it wasn't the fastest in the hands of a competent swimmer.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 9:23 am

Titanne wrote:He nodded.

"Sure."

"Alright. Let's race to the other end. Freestyle, do whatever stroke you feel best doing." Theo then went under the water, swimming towards the other side. He wasn't too competent at swimming, so he chose the easy style of a frontstroke, even if it wasn't the fastest in the hands of a competent swimmer.

Felix launched himself off of the wall, feeling as if he wanted to beat Theo, for whatever reason. He also chose the frontstroke.
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 9:26 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Alright. Let's race to the other end. Freestyle, do whatever stroke you feel best doing." Theo then went under the water, swimming towards the other side. He wasn't too competent at swimming, so he chose the easy style of a frontstroke, even if it wasn't the fastest in the hands of a competent swimmer.

Felix launched himself off of the wall, feeling as if he wanted to beat Theo, for whatever reason. He also chose the frontstroke.

Theo was a much older man, and so had put all his energy into it, thinking he had to do so if to even catch up. He knew Felix would win, as despite his regular sporting activities he was getting older. But he tried, and kept on pushing with mental fortitude.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 9:32 am

Titanne wrote:Felix launched himself off of the wall, feeling as if he wanted to beat Theo, for whatever reason. He also chose the frontstroke.

Theo was a much older man, and so had put all his energy into it, thinking he had to do so if to even catch up. He knew Felix would win, as despite his regular sporting activities he was getting older. But he tried, and kept on pushing with mental fortitude.

He chanced a glance back at him, noting that he was only a second or so behind him. He pushed himself a bit harder, and arrived at the other side of the pool.
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 9:33 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theo was a much older man, and so had put all his energy into it, thinking he had to do so if to even catch up. He knew Felix would win, as despite his regular sporting activities he was getting older. But he tried, and kept on pushing with mental fortitude.

He chanced a glance back at him, noting that he was only a second or so behind him. He pushed himself a bit harder, and arrived at the other side of the pool.

Theo had arrived in second, panting as he arrived.

"I'm really not a young man anymore, am I?"
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 9:36 am

Titanne wrote:He chanced a glance back at him, noting that he was only a second or so behind him. He pushed himself a bit harder, and arrived at the other side of the pool.

Theo had arrived in second, panting as he arrived.

Felix laughed a little bit.

"Maybe not..."
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 9:38 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theo had arrived in second, panting as he arrived.

Felix laughed a little bit.

"Maybe not..."

"I think I ought to exercise more. My health's probably slipping away from me at this age. Shall we go again?"
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 9:41 am

Titanne wrote:Felix laughed a little bit.

"Maybe not..."

"I think I ought to exercise more. My health's probably slipping away from me at this age. Shall we go again?"

He smiled a bit cockily, and said:

"Sure."
Ridin' with Biden

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sat May 30, 2020 9:44 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:"Eh, I'm not too sure about that, I wouldn't call 2016's Republican primary strong and I wouldn't call our primary that year weak. But it definitely isn't what I excepted, the debate made me realize just how much I wished Baganski would of ran this time around."

"Ah, well, then you're going to drive me down the road of a full-throated defense of Diane and I don't want to relitigate 2016. I worked so hard for that election..." She shook her head. "I want to twist the Republicans' arms to get your reapportionment bill passed but I've got no idea what I could possibly offer them."

"Have you talked to any of them yet?"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 9:47 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I think I ought to exercise more. My health's probably slipping away from me at this age. Shall we go again?"

He smiled a bit cockily, and said:

"Sure."

He took a few breaths.

"Alright, let's go." Vohoffsky then lunged himself off the wall, trying to win this time. He turned himself in an almost corkscrew position, in a hurried attempt to get to the other side.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 9:55 am

Titanne wrote:He smiled a bit cockily, and said:

"Sure."

He took a few breaths.

"Alright, let's go." Vohoffsky then lunged himself off the wall, trying to win this time. He turned himself in an almost corkscrew position, in a hurried attempt to get to the other side.

Felix decided to take it easier this time, and let Vohoffsky get out ahead. He launched himself, and began to swim.
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 9:59 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He took a few breaths.

Felix decided to take it easier this time, and let Vohoffsky get out ahead. He launched himself, and began to swim.

Theo finally came out ahead, although not of his own accord.

"Well...at least I won. Felt like I was slower than last time, but you must've exhausted yourself..."
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 10:01 am

Titanne wrote:Felix decided to take it easier this time, and let Vohoffsky get out ahead. He launched himself, and began to swim.

Theo finally came out ahead, although not of his own accord.

"Well...at least I won. Felt like I was slower than last time, but you must've exhausted yourself..."

Felix shrugged, and flashed a smile.

"Guess so."
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 10:16 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theo finally came out ahead, although not of his own accord.

Felix shrugged, and flashed a smile.

"Guess so."

Theo flashed a smile back, looking at Felix in his wetsuit...
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 10:21 am

Titanne wrote:Felix shrugged, and flashed a smile.

"Guess so."

Theo flashed a smile back, looking at Felix in his wetsuit...

This time Felix didn’t notice, continuing to smile, and he dipped under the water for a second, to get his hair out of his face.
Ridin' with Biden

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat May 30, 2020 10:23 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert spends time thinking of what to do. Iran could turn into world war. There was no way he was going to allow thousands of Utahans die over a drone and the President’s insane ego. He puzzles for over fifteen minutes before he remembers he has the First Lady’s number from the State of the Union. He makes the call hoping to get any kind of response.

Eliza, receiving knowledge that Senator Colbert was calling her office phone, decided to pick up, "Senator, what do I owe the pleasure?"

Senator Colbert wasted no time in getting to the point. “What does your husband mean by Fourth of July fireworks?”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat May 30, 2020 10:24 am

Dentali wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert: “Alright, any other areas of policy you want to discuss?”

"I would like to know if you had any ideas regarding energy policy?"

Senator Colbert: “We need to protect our fossil fuel jobs and stand against the insane Green New Deal. What is your plan?”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse