NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Gordano and Lysandus
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8459
Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 11:25 am

Alozia wrote:"Mhm." Tawney was a bit shocked by what he heard. "I honestly don't know what to say... Listen George, I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name, the good thing is that he hasn't gone through with anything yet. Theoretically we can stop it, but... well, it won't be easy. Oh, and tell everyone who put the plans forward not to do the 'disproportionate' plans anymore, okay? In the future that is, just to be safe. Again, what do you suggest we do with Iran, current choice of action aside?"


"I would have gone with one of the smaller proportionate plans. A series of punitive airstrikes on targets that the Iranians know we'd likely hit and have already evacuated. Say, a heavy water treatment plant and a couple of radar stations. Draws a line in the sand, everyone's throw a punch, and we could walk away."
One Nation Conservative (UK), Moderate Democrat (US), liberal Eurosceptic | Biden/Harris 2020
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's pre-eminent US politics RP! - Land of the Free
Speaker of the House of Representatives Caroline Simone (D-NY-12)
Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr. of West Virginia (R-WV)
Senator Augusta Merriam (R-NH)
Fmr. Governor John Nathan Lynskey of Massachusetts (D-MA)
Secretary of Defense George M. Berentsen (I-IL)
Representative Dr. Katherine Edwards (R-GA-3)
Governor Rudolf Kohl of Minnesota (DFL-MN)

User avatar
New Cobastheia
Senator
 
Posts: 4917
Founded: Apr 12, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 29, 2020 11:27 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:"I agree about Sullivan, especially on her politics, if you want a caucus were Progressives and Moderates can get along than she's probably the worst option, but that's just me, in the meantime, I'm sure it'll be fun to watch what happens."


"It is strange that none of the major progressives seem to be in a position to at least humor this race. Westra, Murphy and Doyle all running for President, and Winthrop fighting off a primary challenge that she's almost certainly going to lose."


"It's a bit of a shame if you ask me, maybe [Not-Sherrod Brown] could be taking an eye at it, but then again, I don't think anyone entered this Congress thinking Windsor would be stepping down by the end of it."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
First Lady of the United States Eliza LeBlanc Wolf (R-ME)
Representative Kathleen Nez (D-AZ-7)
Representative Chip Renfus (R-MS-4)

User avatar
Gordano and Lysandus
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8459
Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 11:29 am

New Cobastheia wrote:"It's a bit of a shame if you ask me, maybe [Not-Sherrod Brown] could be taking an eye at it, but then again, I don't think anyone entered this Congress thinking Windsor would be stepping down by the end of it."


"I didn't think famine, pestilence or war would stop Windsor but that's the situation we're in." She shrugged softly. "It could be worse, I suppose."
One Nation Conservative (UK), Moderate Democrat (US), liberal Eurosceptic | Biden/Harris 2020
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's pre-eminent US politics RP! - Land of the Free
Speaker of the House of Representatives Caroline Simone (D-NY-12)
Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr. of West Virginia (R-WV)
Senator Augusta Merriam (R-NH)
Fmr. Governor John Nathan Lynskey of Massachusetts (D-MA)
Secretary of Defense George M. Berentsen (I-IL)
Representative Dr. Katherine Edwards (R-GA-3)
Governor Rudolf Kohl of Minnesota (DFL-MN)

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20423
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Fri May 29, 2020 11:38 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Richardson: Generally or specifically in response to China?

Senator Colbert: “Generally.”



"I'm an old school conservative, Reagan and Eisenhower are my models. As Governor inherited a deficit, a massive labor issue, massive unemployment, and ridiculous taxes. We fought that with balancing the budget and getting $4 billion in tax cuts done. Now we have the fastest growing economy in the country, a booming labor market and one of the largest surpluses in the country. And I am the only candidate in the race to pledge 'No new taxes, No tax increases.' Porter and Prendergast have both suggested tax increases."

"First step is to solidify the gains made under Wolf. The tax cuts expire in 2025, just the act of making them permanent is expected to inject hundreds of billions into our economy. To further increase our prosperity we should index our capital gains tax to inflation which would inject hundreds of billions of dollars into the economy."

"My big idea is Universal Savings Accounts... these work like 401k retirement savings accounts but with less red tape and rules. Americans can deposit after-tax income into the account and their earnings grow tax free. These are not theoretical, in Canada 40% of households use such accounts, with low income households using over half of them. It creates a culture of savings and investing, giving people the flexibility and the motivation to save for something other than retirement."

"We need to continue streamlining and cutting regulations and incentivize states to do the same. Certain projects that would take 2 years in Europe can take 12 in some states, we can't realistically talk about infrastructure until we fix this problem."

“This means a continuation of the rollback President Wolf got started, to make sure we have an appropriate and healthy balance between protections and economic strength, without exploitation or abuse. Wolf’s regulatory reform brought us as much economic growth as the tax cuts themselves, and codifying many regulatory changes to things like the clean water act and the endangered species act will be a massive boon to our nation’s businesses, that can’t be taken away at the whim of an unelected bureaucrat.”

"We should allow businesses to deduct capital expenses from their taxable income under what is known as ‘full expensing.’ The Tax Foundation has estimated that full expensing would allow economic output to grow by 5.4%. It primarily works by allowing new investments in a business to be tax deductible, for example a construction business buying new tools for its workers. This works because it is forward looking and removes the bias against investment, if a company needs new computers to increase productivity it’s easier to buy them. This would exclude investments that would eliminate jobs through automation. Our nation’s start up rate is stuck at 30% below its pre-2008 level, and full expensing is the single best way to encourage new startups and entrepreneurs. It would also encourage larger corporations sitting on uninvested cash balances to begin investing it in new buildings, equipment, and innovation, which is exactly what our economy needs."

“We also have to recognize the need to focus on restoring and growing our industrial capacity, our manufacturing sector, it is not a call to socialism... our free market and American entrepreneurship is the driver of our greatness as a nation. But we also must recognize that as a nation, we have national interests beyond short term profits. Without increasing strength in trade-able sectors we will not have the capability to be secure and prosperous. What I am calling for is not nationalization as the left would have, they would do well to remember that throughout American history we have relied on collaborations between the public and private sectors to reach new heights as a nation, whether through winning WW2 or by putting a man on the moon.”

“Our small businesses are doing great right now but small business startups are still lagging. We should modernize and reform our Small Business Administration program to encourage investment in small businesses in key sectors like aerospace, rail, electronics, telecommunications and agriculture. We also need to expand the amount of federal money we are giving for Research and Development to Small Businesses.”

“For our big businesses, we need to acknowledge that a bunch of the bailout money from the recession was used to buy back shares, not save jobs. And we need to acknowledge that our tax code still incentivizes that. We should codify the write off for any investments in machinery, structures, land and make sure to reward the investment of profits back into the company and its workers.”

“The tradable sector, manufacturing, industrial agriculture, energy, minerals… the areas I want to focus on… every dollar of manufactured goods sold generate $1.33 in other sectors. If you build a dishwasher, someone will sell it in retail. But every dollar in retail generates only 66 cents, a similar number in professional and business services. We export far more manufactured goods than we do services.”

“We cannot continue as a Great Power, let alone a Super Power if we do not have our own innovative, dynamic and health manufacturing base. To say nothing of having a base that is utterly reliant on our biggest rival. Imagine trying to win the Cold War if we bought all our missiles from the Soviet Unions.”

“We must make the Wolf Tax cuts permanent, and continue to reform our tax code in a way that incentivizes making investments in companies and workers. With a special focus on the tradable sector. This includes a tax code that incentivizes raising wages and hiring workers rather than stock buybacks. If we don’t we will just be continuing a self destructive cycle.”

“Our energy sector is in need of similar reform and refocusing. We are a net exporter of oil, our natural gas boom is the main driving force behind our economy right now. But we are still not truly energy independent.”

“The crude oil we export is fairly useless without refineries, which we lack. While we are up over a million barrels a day compared to a decade ago, that is really not a massive jump. If our oil and petrol trade halted tomorrow we would see massive shortages of gas and other usable fuel, but we would have plenty of crude oil which doesn’t help you get to work in the morning. Drilling more holes in the ground isn’t going to cut it. We need to focus on our refining capability if we want true energy independence.”

"But thats a bit off topic. My approach combines traditional conservatism with some more populist aspects of Wolfism, all geared to strength the family, our country international and general prosperity."
Last edited by Dentali on Fri May 29, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
The Orion Islands
Minister
 
Posts: 2946
Founded: Dec 04, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 29, 2020 11:45 am

Dentali wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert: “Generally.”



"I'm an old school conservative, Reagan and Eisenhower are my models. As Governor inherited a deficit, a massive labor issue, massive unemployment, and ridiculous taxes. We fought that with balancing the budget and getting $4 billion in tax cuts done. Now we have the fastest growing economy in the country, a booming labor market and one of the largest surpluses in the country. And I am the only candidate in the race to pledge 'No new taxes, No tax increases.' Porter and Prendergast have both suggested tax increases."

"First step is to solidify the gains made under Wolf. The tax cuts expire in 2025, just the act of making them permanent is expected to inject hundreds of billions into our economy. To further increase our prosperity we should index our capital gains tax to inflation which would inject hundreds of billions of dollars into the economy."

"My big idea is Universal Savings Accounts... these work like 401k retirement savings accounts but with less red tape and rules. Americans can deposit after-tax income into the account and their earnings grow tax free. These are not theoretical, in Canada 40% of households use such accounts, with low income households using over half of them. It creates a culture of savings and investing, giving people the flexibility and the motivation to save for something other than retirement."

"We need to continue streamlining and cutting regulations and incentivize states to do the same. Certain projects that would take 2 years in Europe can take 12 in some states, we can't realistically talk about infrastructure until we fix this problem."

“This means a continuation of the rollback President Wolf got started, to make sure we have an appropriate and healthy balance between protections and economic strength, without exploitation or abuse. Wolf’s regulatory reform brought us as much economic growth as the tax cuts themselves, and codifying many regulatory changes to things like the clean water act and the endangered species act will be a massive boon to our nation’s businesses, that can’t be taken away at the whim of an unelected bureaucrat.”

"We should allow businesses to deduct capital expenses from their taxable income under what is known as ‘full expensing.’ The Tax Foundation has estimated that full expensing would allow economic output to grow by 5.4%. It primarily works by allowing new investments in a business to be tax deductible, for example a construction business buying new tools for its workers. This works because it is forward looking and removes the bias against investment, if a company needs new computers to increase productivity it’s easier to buy them. This would exclude investments that would eliminate jobs through automation. Our nation’s start up rate is stuck at 30% below its pre-2008 level, and full expensing is the single best way to encourage new startups and entrepreneurs. It would also encourage larger corporations sitting on uninvested cash balances to begin investing it in new buildings, equipment, and innovation, which is exactly what our economy needs."

“We also have to recognize the need to focus on restoring and growing our industrial capacity, our manufacturing sector, it is not a call to socialism... our free market and American entrepreneurship is the driver of our greatness as a nation. But we also must recognize that as a nation, we have national interests beyond short term profits. Without increasing strength in trade-able sectors we will not have the capability to be secure and prosperous. What I am calling for is not nationalization as the left would have, they would do well to remember that throughout American history we have relied on collaborations between the public and private sectors to reach new heights as a nation, whether through winning WW2 or by putting a man on the moon.”

“Our small businesses are doing great right now but small business startups are still lagging. We should modernize and reform our Small Business Administration program to encourage investment in small businesses in key sectors like aerospace, rail, electronics, telecommunications and agriculture. We also need to expand the amount of federal money we are giving for Research and Development to Small Businesses.”

“For our big businesses, we need to acknowledge that a bunch of the bailout money from the recession was used to buy back shares, not save jobs. And we need to acknowledge that our tax code still incentivizes that. We should codify the write off for any investments in machinery, structures, land and make sure to reward the investment of profits back into the company and its workers.”

“The tradable sector, manufacturing, industrial agriculture, energy, minerals… the areas I want to focus on… every dollar of manufactured goods sold generate $1.33 in other sectors. If you build a dishwasher, someone will sell it in retail. But every dollar in retail generates only 66 cents, a similar number in professional and business services. We export far more manufactured goods than we do services.”

“We cannot continue as a Great Power, let alone a Super Power if we do not have our own innovative, dynamic and health manufacturing base. To say nothing of having a base that is utterly reliant on our biggest rival. Imagine trying to win the Cold War if we bought all our missiles from the Soviet Unions.”

“We must make the Wolf Tax cuts permanent, and continue to reform our tax code in a way that incentivizes making investments in companies and workers. With a special focus on the tradable sector. This includes a tax code that incentivizes raising wages and hiring workers rather than stock buybacks. If we don’t we will just be continuing a self destructive cycle.”

“Our energy sector is in need of similar reform and refocusing. We are a net exporter of oil, our natural gas boom is the main driving force behind our economy right now. But we are still not truly energy independent.”

“The crude oil we export is fairly useless without refineries, which we lack. While we are up over a million barrels a day compared to a decade ago, that is really not a massive jump. If our oil and petrol trade halted tomorrow we would see massive shortages of gas and other usable fuel, but we would have plenty of crude oil which doesn’t help you get to work in the morning. Drilling more holes in the ground isn’t going to cut it. We need to focus on our refining capability if we want true energy independence.”

"But thats a bit off topic. My approach combines traditional conservatism with some more populist aspects of Wolfism, all geared to strength the family, our country international and general prosperity."

Senator Colbert: “That sounds great. I must admit, I never liked share buybacks. It just wasted taxpayer dollars on enriching part of the reason for the downturn. I fully agree with everything that you just said. Now, tell me your social policy.”
TAKE THE HOUSE/HOLD THE SENATE 2022
PENCE/RUBIO 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.

User avatar
Rijkenlandd
Diplomat
 
Posts: 553
Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rijkenlandd » Fri May 29, 2020 11:53 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Rijkenlandd wrote:Porter went in the car, nodding. "Thank you. Alright, where are we going?" He said, enthusiastically.


"We're going to the best burger bar in town; Dirty D's! Don't mind the lad following behind, he's my Secret Service." Kevin would say.

He'd put the truck into 4th gear pretty fast, driving down the road quite fast. It was an open road for most of it so he took the time to be the racer that he is. Accelerating fast and going 110 mph comfortably, he'd converse on the way.

"So how are you holdin' up champ?"

"Very well. Things are improving since the debate, we've mostly held our bump steady, so if I win the next debate by a similar margin, I become a frontrunner. The Fitzdaniel endorsement was very helpful for our fundraising numbers. We're mobilising an army of volunteers." He said, making his campaign sound successful, which, in his eyes, it was.[/quote]

"I see, so you're gonna be winning more is what I'm hearing?" Kevin would reply.

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20423
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Fri May 29, 2020 11:58 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Senator Colbert: “That sounds great. I must admit, I never liked share buybacks. It just wasted taxpayer dollars on enriching part of the reason for the downturn. I fully agree with everything that you just said. Now, tell me your social policy.”



"My number on priority is either ending abortion or strengthening the family. Our country is built on the family unit, a two parent household is the single biggest advantage you can give to a kid. We should be rewarding and encouraging that, and making sure the financial aid we have in place doesnt punish marriage. We do that and focus on dignified work like I spoke about in my industrial plan and it will go a long way towards improving American life."

"In the first hundred days i'm going to challenge congress to put a bill on my desk limiting abortion to the first trimester. Realistically I think the chances of getting that done or slim but it will spark a major debate in the country. The goal will be to end abortion, but until we get there we must reduce it in whatever way possible."

"My passion project is education savings accounts, basically vouchers 2.0. I could only get a limited version done in North Carolina which may be my biggest regret, but in Florida and Arizona they are amazingly successful. Basically vouchers 2.0 that can be used to enhance and customized a child's education letting them make the decisions for their own kids not come government pencil pusher."

"We also need to ensure that religious rights are protected, I think Wolf's supreme court appointments are great for that but we can go further."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Rijkenlandd wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
"We're going to the best burger bar in town; Dirty D's! Don't mind the lad following behind, he's my Secret Service." Kevin would say.

He'd put the truck into 4th gear pretty fast, driving down the road quite fast. It was an open road for most of it so he took the time to be the racer that he is. Accelerating fast and going 110 mph comfortably, he'd converse on the way.

"So how are you holdin' up champ?"

"Very well. Things are improving since the debate, we've mostly held our bump steady, so if I win the next debate by a similar margin, I become a frontrunner. The Fitzdaniel endorsement was very helpful for our fundraising numbers. We're mobilising an army of volunteers." He said, making his campaign sound successful, which, in his eyes, it was.


"I see, so you're gonna be winning more is what I'm hearing?" Kevin would reply.[/quote]
"We're gonna win and we're gonna win big, Kevin. I don't trust those other men. I was born to a poor father, like you. And just like you I clawed up the ranks, with a gun in my hand. Unlike Prendergast and unlike Richardson, I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. It's time that honest men, like you and like me, get back into the ranks of this nation before it falls into tyranny."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
The Orion Islands
Minister
 
Posts: 2946
Founded: Dec 04, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 29, 2020 12:47 pm

Dentali wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert: “That sounds great. I must admit, I never liked share buybacks. It just wasted taxpayer dollars on enriching part of the reason for the downturn. I fully agree with everything that you just said. Now, tell me your social policy.”



"My number on priority is either ending abortion or strengthening the family. Our country is built on the family unit, a two parent household is the single biggest advantage you can give to a kid. We should be rewarding and encouraging that, and making sure the financial aid we have in place doesnt punish marriage. We do that and focus on dignified work like I spoke about in my industrial plan and it will go a long way towards improving American life."

"In the first hundred days i'm going to challenge congress to put a bill on my desk limiting abortion to the first trimester. Realistically I think the chances of getting that done or slim but it will spark a major debate in the country. The goal will be to end abortion, but until we get there we must reduce it in whatever way possible."

"My passion project is education savings accounts, basically vouchers 2.0. I could only get a limited version done in North Carolina which may be my biggest regret, but in Florida and Arizona they are amazingly successful. Basically vouchers 2.0 that can be used to enhance and customized a child's education letting them make the decisions for their own kids not come government pencil pusher."

"We also need to ensure that religious rights are protected, I think Wolf's supreme court appointments are great for that but we can go further."

Senator Colbert: “Alright, any other areas of policy you want to discuss?”
TAKE THE HOUSE/HOLD THE SENATE 2022
PENCE/RUBIO 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Hmm...I bet she's suspicious of me now because of this thing. Probably sees it as some sort of mortal sin. I mean, imagine if I let those kids get away. It would've probably been on YouTube by now..."

"God, that would've been awful..."

Felix trailed off.

"When we're finished eating, would you like to take a swim?"
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Titanne
Minister
 
Posts: 3195
Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 1:37 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:"God, that would've been awful..."

Felix trailed off.

"When we're finished eating, would you like to take a swim?"

"A swim?"
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 1:38 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"When we're finished eating, would you like to take a swim?"

"A swim?"

"Yes. there's a pool out back." Theo ate another slice of venison.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Titanne
Minister
 
Posts: 3195
Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 1:39 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:"A swim?"

"Yes. there's a pool out back." Theo ate another slice of venison.

"This place has everything. Sure."
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 1:41 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes. there's a pool out back." Theo ate another slice of venison.

"This place has everything. Sure."

Theo nodded along, taking yet another slice. He smiled back, almost calm and steady in his mind.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Titanne
Minister
 
Posts: 3195
Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 1:45 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:"This place has everything. Sure."

Theo nodded along, taking yet another slice. He smiled back, almost calm and steady in his mind.

Felix returned the smile, somewhat anxiously. He took a sip of his drink.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 1:56 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote: Theo nodded along, taking yet another slice. He smiled back, almost calm and steady in his mind.

Felix returned the smile, somewhat anxiously. He took a sip of his drink.

"How's the rest of your life going, then?" Theo asked, a bit curious. He was, much of the time, relatively introverted, and this was one of those times.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
New Cobastheia
Senator
 
Posts: 4917
Founded: Apr 12, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Puertollano wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
Eliza, hearing what sounded like just a bit of panic in Lil's voice quickly backed off from the topic, "Well I didn't know you'd be so against the idea, but like I said I haven't decided against one or the other yet, but I'll definitely look more into the primary if that's what you want."


"Definitely. Otherwise, in reality, I'd be put in the unfortunate position of campaigning against you, rather than for you. And of course I want to join you in helping you win," she tried to explain. "Think about Dad when it comes to this. If we don't feel comfortable belonging in the Wolf Party, where do we belong?"


"Mmm, I definitely will think about that. So how's your new job been treating you?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
First Lady of the United States Eliza LeBlanc Wolf (R-ME)
Representative Kathleen Nez (D-AZ-7)
Representative Chip Renfus (R-MS-4)

User avatar
Titanne
Minister
 
Posts: 3195
Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 2:00 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:Felix returned the smile, somewhat anxiously. He took a sip of his drink.

"How's the rest of your life going, then?" Theo asked, a bit curious. He was, much of the time, relatively introverted, and this was one of those times.

"Well enough. I mean, I'm in the House of Representatives, so that's a plus. Troy and Adam and I had a good time in California after the party. I'm working through my nerves a bit with my therapist."
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"How's the rest of your life going, then?" Theo asked, a bit curious. He was, much of the time, relatively introverted, and this was one of those times.

"Well enough. I mean, I'm in the House of Representatives, so that's a plus. Troy and Adam and I had a good time in California after the party. I'm working through my nerves a bit with my therapist."

"Did you tell him or not? I sincerely hope not..."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15623
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri May 29, 2020 2:06 pm


Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C.
June 28th, 2019

Image
"And what would that be Barry?" asked Sullivan, tilting her head slightly at the Missouri Senator.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Titanne
Minister
 
Posts: 3195
Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 2:08 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:"Well enough. I mean, I'm in the House of Representatives, so that's a plus. Troy and Adam and I had a good time in California after the party. I'm working through my nerves a bit with my therapist."

"Did you tell him or not? I sincerely hope not..."

"Look, I may be naive, but I'm not that naive."

He smiled a little bit.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15623
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri May 29, 2020 2:08 pm

The Fair Republic wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:"You've got that right. So much going on, but hey, cut me some slack Sean!" she joked, "I'm running in a tough race, can't juggle everything. So I guess that's where the leadership team comes in."

Sullivan crossed her arms.

"I want all the other positions filled, for the long-term, by the time we vote for the permanent leader. Just so that the leadership team is ready and at least prepared, without more politics erupting. And I agree, we need progressives. But I also don't want any presidential candidates either. It'll go to their heads."


"I think running for president already requires a healthy ego and an above averaged sized head" he laughed, "One nice thing about Rhode Island is that I never had to stay in a hotel overnight in while on a statewide campaign".

I agree that presidential candidates would be a poor choice for leadership. I doubt they would be effective considering that they will be in Iowa or New Hampshire every weekend for the next six months. Do you have any progressives in mind for a position?

"Lucky" taunted Sullivan, smiling at her peer.

"Not particularly" she answered, shaking her head, "Lots of the progressives are not comfortable options. I may speak to Doyle though, I like that man. Who are you thinking of? To fill any of the positions I mean?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15623
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Qabea wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Sullivan entered.

"Thank you, hello Vincent, how are you?"

"I'm doing well. How about you?"

"Good, albeit this gun bill has been on my mind. The Republicans have already been paying me visits, I assume you're next."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8343
Founded: May 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Agarntrop » Fri May 29, 2020 2:10 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C.
June 28th, 2019

(Image)
"And what would that be Barry?" asked Sullivan, tilting her head slightly at the Missouri Senator.

"I could consult the leadership on this and see what we could do."
IC: The State of Taliana
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)

Our NHS Is Not For Sale!

Sanders 2020 Biden 2020

Starmer 2024 - Nobody be stoppin that FACTION FREE FURY
Views
Join NS P2TM's pre-eminent US politics RP!
Land of the Free
Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)
Governor-elect Tara Misra (R-KY)
Acting Caucus Chair Representative John Atang (D-NY03)
Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 2:10 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Did you tell him or not? I sincerely hope not..."

"Look, I may be naive, but I'm not that naive."

He smiled a little bit.

"Good, then. The less people know, the better." Theo put his hand on Felix's shoulder, patting him on the back.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Draos, Europa Undivided, Google [Bot], Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Houyhnhnm Cities, Kargintina the Third, The Republic of Atria, Titanne, Tomia

Advertisement

Remove ads