NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:32 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Let me guess, Simone hates me? I wouldn't be surprised. Just makes being the first Libertarian Congressman a hell of a lot more likely."

"Actually, I don't think so. She just seems... wary. Of you, but no more so than she's wary of anyone else, myself included."

"Hmm...I bet she's suspicious of me now because of this thing. Probably sees it as some sort of mortal sin. I mean, imagine if I let those kids get away. It would've probably been on YouTube by now..."

Rijkenlandd wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Porter arrived at the address in a car and in a very dark suit and tie, waiting to meet with Villalobos.

The Villalobos Residence
Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville FL

Kevin, in khakhis as a NASCAR polo, would come out. "Hey Bernard! Welcome to the place! How have you been?" He'd walk toward Bernard and give him a firm handshake.

"Good to see you, Kevin! Very warm down here, much warmer than Virginia. It feels like it's nearly a hundred degrees." He said, shaking Kevin's hand. He then took off his blazer, leaving nothing but his white shirt and tie on his top half.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 10:32 am

Alozia wrote:"I don't doubt he was. Has anyone suggested this to him? Or was this his idea."

"The Pentagon and the Joint Chiefs and the Intelligence Community drew up the options. Some proportionate ones and a disproportionate one. He chose the latter. He seems like he's really got it out for Iran, but more my point... The First Lady suggested he might be erratic because of his condition and the way he just... totally shrugged off my concerns. He was so blasé about it. I'm constitutionally bound to implement this so long as he's President but I can't say it doesn't make me hella uncomfortable."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 10:34 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:"Actually, I don't think so. She just seems... wary. Of you, but no more so than she's wary of anyone else, myself included."

"Hmm...I bet she's suspicious of me now because of this thing. Probably sees it as some sort of mortal sin. I mean, imagine if I let those kids get away. It would've probably been on YouTube by now..."

"God, that would've been awful..."

Felix trailed off.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 10:34 am

Bruke wrote:“I’m sure we’ll find someone.”

"At any rate, I should leave you to it. I need to make sure that we don't end up at war with Iran by the end of the week, Karel."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri May 29, 2020 10:37 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Bruke wrote:“I’m sure we’ll find someone.”

"At any rate, I should leave you to it. I need to make sure that we don't end up at war with Iran by the end of the week, Karel."

“I’m sure you can find some self-described anti-war Republicans to join you on this issue... perhaps a resolution would be in order.”

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 29, 2020 10:38 am

Velahor wrote:
Paulson texted Eliza back.

He hasn’t said anything about it?

I don't think he has
He's seemed a lot happier in the last few days
But I doubt that has anything to do with this

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 10:38 am

Bruke wrote:“I’m sure you can find some self-described anti-war Republicans to join you on this issue... perhaps a resolution would be in order.”

"I'm sure someone is drafting something. Thanks for the call, Karel. Good luck with the race."
Neoliberal

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 29, 2020 10:39 am

Dentali wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert: “Wow, I am impressed. Now tell me what your economic plan is.”

Richardson: Generally or specifically in response to China?

Senator Colbert: “Generally.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 29, 2020 10:41 am

Velahor wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert reads Wolf’s tweets, screams OH MY GOD, and texts Warrick.
Are we really going to war with Iran? Are we going to do anything to stop it?

Colbert Facebook
“The Congress shall have the power
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.”
“If we need a war with Iran, then let Congress make that decision as enshrined in our Constitution.”

Seeing Colbert’s tweets, Paulson texts him

I agree. We’re going to need congressional approval for this. Keep it constitutional. If intelligence says war in Iran is necessary...then we need a declaration. As this develops, I’ll let you know if I decide to start writing up a bill to constitutionally declare war.

New Cobastheia wrote:
Eliza, not a few minutes more than after the newly confirmed Secretary had left her office, got the notification of her phone. She uttered out a simple, "Well fuck." Before starting to think about what could possibly happen next.

But before she could get anything down she got a text from her fellow Mainer, Rep. Paulson:

I did and it certainly does sound like that

Eliza wanted to send another text, but quite frankly she couldn't think of anything thing else to say, hell, would her Husband even tell her if that was really the plan if she just asked? She was just a kid when the Vietnam protests were happening, she could hardly imagine how this could all go down domestically if the worst happened, "Fuck."

Colbert texts Paulson back.
Agreed. We must know what is really happening.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:42 am

Vohoffsky, after finishing his "meeting" with Felix, then went to Teasdale's office.

"Congresswoman, are you there?"
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 29, 2020 10:43 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
Velahor wrote:

I don't think he has

I’m glad he’s doing a little better

I hope the people around him suggest that he exercises caution

I hope you’re well. Let’s catch up some time.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri May 29, 2020 10:46 am

Bruke wrote:“I’m sure you can find some self-described anti-war Republicans to join you on this issue... perhaps a resolution would be in order.”

"I'm sure someone is drafting something. Thanks for the call, Karel. Good luck with the race."

“Goodbye. And good luck stopping war with Iran.”

Convallaria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Convallaria » Fri May 29, 2020 10:47 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Vohoffsky, after finishing his "meeting" with Felix, then went to Teasdale's office.

Longworth House Office Building
Office of Rep. Linda Teasdale

Noticing the knock, Linda beckoned the congressman to enter.

"Come on in, and you can just call me Linda. What can I do for you?"
Last edited by Convallaria on Fri May 29, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Convallaria: A sprawling sun-soaked dreamscape silhouetted far beyond the ethereal horizons of austere morality and petty mediocrity. But behind the sterile flights of state-sanctioned-fancy lies a paradise lost...a land of milk, honey and sex turned rancid in the sun, as the harshly held colonial disciplines of a bygone era yield to the temptations of society's nighttime fragrances..."

Welcome to the smokey, monochromatic bacchanalia of deco noire and diesel-fueled death traps!

Daily-Trumpet: Circus elephant force-fed crate of tobacco - has escaped into Joaquin River Valley earlier today. | Avalonia suburbs in grip of worst dust storm ever recorded - schools closed - roads blocked - farms blown away. | Dowager actress found dead in Montecorvina

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:51 am

Convallaria wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Vohoffsky, after finishing his "meeting" with Felix, then went to Teasdale's office.

Longworth House Office Building
Office of Rep. Linda Teasdale

Noticing the knock, Linda beckoned the congressman to enter.

"Come on in, and you can just call me Linda. What can I do for you?"

"As you know, we have both endorsed Nathaniel Richardson, right? Well, here's the problem: his position is becoming untenable, and he turned from frontrunner to third place. I think it is time we switch horses, don't you think?"
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am

Felix drove away from Vohoffsky's residence. The whole thing had left him more uncertain about everything than he had been before. Maybe... maybe he should just tell his husband. Or maybe he should tell Carrie. He wasn't sure anymore, at all. Either way, he was supposed to be feeding John Donaldson information. He thumbed his number and created a new text.

Hey John, here's some of the stuff the caucus has been up to recently.

Right now they're focusing on Iran and foreign policy, but Carrie is also angry over a party a few of us went to in California.

That's it for the most part, I'll let you know if anything else comes up.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Convallaria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Convallaria » Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"As you know, we have both endorsed Nathaniel Richardson, right? Well, here's the problem: his position is becoming untenable, and he turned from frontrunner to third place. I think it is time we switch horses, don't you think?"

"Look, I see where you're coming from, really...I do...I've had the same concerns. But don't you think it's a little premature to jump ship just yet? I mean, even if this run isn't successful for Richardson, he's still a beneficial person to have on our side. Nevertheless, I'm willing to hear you out. What are you thinking?"
"Convallaria: A sprawling sun-soaked dreamscape silhouetted far beyond the ethereal horizons of austere morality and petty mediocrity. But behind the sterile flights of state-sanctioned-fancy lies a paradise lost...a land of milk, honey and sex turned rancid in the sun, as the harshly held colonial disciplines of a bygone era yield to the temptations of society's nighttime fragrances..."

Welcome to the smokey, monochromatic bacchanalia of deco noire and diesel-fueled death traps!

Daily-Trumpet: Circus elephant force-fed crate of tobacco - has escaped into Joaquin River Valley earlier today. | Avalonia suburbs in grip of worst dust storm ever recorded - schools closed - roads blocked - farms blown away. | Dowager actress found dead in Montecorvina

Rijkenlandd
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rijkenlandd » Fri May 29, 2020 11:02 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:"Actually, I don't think so. She just seems... wary. Of you, but no more so than she's wary of anyone else, myself included."

Rijkenlandd wrote:

The Villalobos Residence
Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville FL

Kevin, in khakhis as a NASCAR polo, would come out. "Hey Bernard! Welcome to the place! How have you been?" He'd walk toward Bernard and give him a firm handshake.

"Good to see you, Kevin! Very warm down here, much warmer than Virginia. It feels like it's nearly a hundred degrees." He said, shaking Kevin's hand. He then took off his blazer, leaving nothing but his white shirt and tie on his top half.

"You don't need the tie where we're goin', man. Come on, hop in!" Kevin would open the garage and out of five cars, he'd open up his 1978 Ford F100, the original one his father bought as his first truck in Florida, and his first middle-class purchase. It would be a perfectly clean and greatly modified.

Kevin swung open the door and let Porter in. "After you, Secretary."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 11:05 am

Convallaria wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"As you know, we have both endorsed Nathaniel Richardson, right? Well, here's the problem: his position is becoming untenable, and he turned from frontrunner to third place. I think it is time we switch horses, don't you think?"

"Look, I see where you're coming from, really...I do...I've had the same concerns. But don't you think it's a little premature to jump ship just yet? I mean, even if this run isn't successful for Richardson, he's still a beneficial person to have on our side. Nevertheless, I'm willing to hear you out. What are you thinking?"

"We go with Diane Paulson instead. She's well-funded, strong candidate. Richardson's base is too unenthusiastic. Sure, a lot of people are willing to support him, but I'll doubt they're willing to turn out. I think she's a good woman too. We need a candidate that can win, and Paulson can win. Have you seen her polling numbers?"

Rijkenlandd wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Hmm...I bet she's suspicious of me now because of this thing. Probably sees it as some sort of mortal sin. I mean, imagine if I let those kids get away. It would've probably been on YouTube by now..."

"You don't need the tie where we're goin', man. Come on, hop in!" Kevin would open the garage and out of five cars, he'd open up his 1978 Ford F100, the original one his father bought as his first truck in Florida, and his first middle-class purchase. It would be a perfectly clean and greatly modified.

Porter went in the car, nodding. "Thank you. Alright, where are we going?" He said, enthusiastically.
Please Watch

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri May 29, 2020 11:08 am

The Oval Office, Washington, D.C.

The recent developments within the Middle East had seen Secretary Urquhart being more active than even his usual schedule, however, his mind had thought that the statement that the State Department had issued would allow the situation to settle. However, his arrival at the White House, prior to being led through saw him take a brief look through Twitter, seeing the President recent tweets unnerved the Secretary, admittedly, he had served in the Administration since the beginning, however, it was nevertheless concerning that the President twas issuing tweets of such a nature, particularly given the concerns surrounding his health since the start of the year.

Urquhart was quickly led through the White House and into the Oval Office, where he saw it was just him and the President.

"Ah, Mr President, I assume you summoned me to here to discuss recent developments in the Middle East?" The Secretary asked, stretching his hand out for the President to shake.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 29, 2020 11:11 am

Velahor wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
I don't think he has

As do I, and we should, I don't know about you though, but the next time I'll be free is going to be after the 4th

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 29, 2020 11:12 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
Velahor wrote:

As do I, and we should, I don't know about you though, but the next time I'll be free is going to be after the 4th

I won’t be in Washington until a day or two after that...unless an emergency session comes up for this Iran business. I’ll text you when I’m in town.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Rijkenlandd
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rijkenlandd » Fri May 29, 2020 11:14 am

Rijkenlandd wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Hmm...I bet she's suspicious of me now because of this thing. Probably sees it as some sort of mortal sin. I mean, imagine if I let those kids get away. It would've probably been on YouTube by now..."

Porter went in the car, nodding. "Thank you. Alright, where are we going?" He said, enthusiastically.[/quote]

"We're going to the best burger bar in town; Dirty D's! Don't mind the lad following behind, he's my Secret Service." Kevin would say.

He'd put the truck into 4th gear pretty fast, driving down the road quite fast. It was an open road for most of it so he took the time to be the racer that he is. Accelerating fast and going 110 mph comfortably, he'd converse on the way.

"So how are you holdin' up champ?"

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri May 29, 2020 11:16 am

Alozia wrote:"I don't doubt he was. Has anyone suggested this to him? Or was this his idea."

"The Pentagon and the Joint Chiefs and the Intelligence Community drew up the options. Some proportionate ones and a disproportionate one. He chose the latter."

Tawney sighed and facepalmed. He quietly mouthed "why, why, why" as the Secretary continued speaking.
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:"He seems like he's really got it out for Iran, but more my point... The First Lady suggested he might be erratic because of his condition and the way he just... totally shrugged off my concerns. He was so blasé about it. I'm constitutionally bound to implement this so long as he's President but I can't say it doesn't make me hella uncomfortable."

"Mhm." Tawney was a bit shocked by what he heard. "I honestly don't know what to say... Listen George, I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name, the good thing is that he hasn't gone through with anything yet. Theoretically we can stop it, but... well, it won't be easy. Oh, and tell everyone who put the plans forward not to do the 'disproportionate' plans anymore, okay? In the future that is, just to be safe. Again, what do you suggest we do with Iran, current choice of action aside?"
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 11:18 am

Rijkenlandd wrote:
Rijkenlandd wrote:

Porter went in the car, nodding. "Thank you. Alright, where are we going?" He said, enthusiastically.

"We're going to the best burger bar in town; Dirty D's! Don't mind the lad following behind, he's my Secret Service." Kevin would say.

He'd put the truck into 4th gear pretty fast, driving down the road quite fast. It was an open road for most of it so he took the time to be the racer that he is. Accelerating fast and going 110 mph comfortably, he'd converse on the way.

"So how are you holdin' up champ?"[/quote]
"Very well. Things are improving since the debate, we've mostly held our bump steady, so if I win the next debate by a similar margin, I become a frontrunner. The Fitzdaniel endorsement was very helpful for our fundraising numbers. We're mobilising an army of volunteers." He said, making his campaign sound successful, which, in his eyes, it was.
Please Watch

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri May 29, 2020 11:20 am

James Burgun
@RoughRiderGov
I knew Silly Sharansky was a bad and very incompetent congresswoman, but I thought she was stupid not corrupt. I stand corrected! Maybe the reason why some Democrats are acting so dumb is that they are trying to hide their evil and corrupt practices like Silly Sharansky?

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse