NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri May 29, 2020 10:03 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Alozia wrote:"This is the Vice President speaking, how can I help you Secretary?" Tawney replied upon picking up the phone.

"Mr. Vice President, have you seen the plan the President's signed off on implementing as our response to the drone incident in the Gulf?"

Tawney cleared his throat. "I must admit I haven't."
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Convallaria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Convallaria » Fri May 29, 2020 10:03 am

Interstate 10 - Outskirts of Tucson

Linda sat quietly on the hood of her car, travel mug in hand. She glared up at the billboard, took a sip, and grabbed the newspaper from beside her. Nothing new, just that corruption scandal in the midwest and tensions with Iran. She tossed the paper into the ditch, almost with a resigned attitude. She pulled out her phone...9 AM...her flight had already departed, so there was no point in rushing now. She decided to ring Howie, her administrative assistant.

"Hey, looks like another one down," She said.

"Down? What are you talking about?"

"The billboard on I-10," She said. "You know...vandalised."

"What is that, the second one in a month?"

"I guess my southwestern charm is just about exhausted," She explained amusingly. "But, hell, it's been up for what, six weeks? I guess that isn't bad, considering we were probably overdue for something nasty."

"You know, I almost feel guilty saying that you have a good point..."

"Nice to see something other than a hitler 'stache or a giant penis for once, I mean, at least this one is political."

"I didn't know you were such a connoisseur of vandalised outdoor advertising. Always good to see a person with high standards..." Howie joked.

"Smartass," She chuckled. "Look, I missed my flight, but I'll try and be in D.C for seven, so I'll see you then," She explained, before hanging up. As she got back into her car, she took another glance at the billboard. "Jesus, when did I start looking so goddamn old," She said to herself before driving off.
"Convallaria: A sprawling sun-soaked dreamscape silhouetted far beyond the ethereal horizons of austere morality and petty mediocrity. But behind the sterile flights of state-sanctioned-fancy lies a paradise lost...a land of milk, honey and sex turned rancid in the sun, as the harshly held colonial disciplines of a bygone era yield to the temptations of society's nighttime fragrances..."

Welcome to the smokey, monochromatic bacchanalia of deco noire and diesel-fueled death traps!

Daily-Trumpet: Circus elephant force-fed crate of tobacco - has escaped into Joaquin River Valley earlier today. | Avalonia suburbs in grip of worst dust storm ever recorded - schools closed - roads blocked - farms blown away. | Dowager actress found dead in Montecorvina

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Not yet. I don't see any reason to."

“Do things at your own pace, but... trust me, it’ll feel good to get it off your chest.”

"Hmm...it might very well be. But I'll risk a lot...If the Republican Party becomes less intolerant or I switch over to the Democrats or Libertarians, maybe."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:05 am

Convallaria wrote:
Interstate 10 - Outskirts of Tucson

Linda sat quietly on the hood of her car, travel mug in hand. She glared up at the billboard, took a sip, and grabbed the newspaper from beside her. Nothing new, just that corruption scandal in the midwest and tensions with Iran. She tossed the paper into the ditch, almost with a resigned attitude. She pulled out her phone...9 AM...her flight had already departed, so there was no point in rushing now. She decided to ring Howie, her administrative assistant.

"Hey, looks like another one down," She said.

"Down? What are you talking about?"

"The billboard on I-10," She said. "You know...vandalised."

"What is that, the second one in a month?"

"I guess my southwestern charm is just about exhausted," She explained amusingly. "But, hell, it's been up for what, six weeks? I guess that isn't bad, considering we were probably overdue for something nasty."

"You know, I almost feel guilty saying that you have a good point..."

"Nice to see something other than a hitler 'stache or a giant penis for once, I mean, at least this one is political."

"I didn't know you were such a connoisseur of vandalised outdoor advertising. Always good to see a person with high standards..." Howie joked.

"Smartass," She chuckled. "Look, I missed my flight, but I'll try and be in D.C for seven, so I'll see you then," She explained, before hanging up. As she got back into her car, she took another glance at the billboard. "Jesus, when did I start looking so goddamn old," She said to herself before driving off.

Vohoffsky texted Teasdale again.

Did you get the email, Congresswoman?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 10:07 am

Alozia wrote:Tawney cleared his throat. "I must admit I haven't."

Berentsen went on to explain the gist of the plan that he had just received the President's sign-off on in the Oval Office. "Mr. Vice President, I'm not entirely sure if he understands the full consequences of this action. This could blow the whole region up."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 10:09 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:“Do things at your own pace, but... trust me, it’ll feel good to get it off your chest.”

"Hmm...it might very well be. But I'll risk a lot...If the Republican Party becomes less intolerant or I switch over to the Democrats or Libertarians, maybe."

Felix nodded, somewhat weakly, and polished off his meal.

“This really was delicious, thanks for making it.”
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Hmm...it might very well be. But I'll risk a lot...If the Republican Party becomes less intolerant or I switch over to the Democrats or Libertarians, maybe."

Felix nodded, somewhat weakly, and polished off his meal.

"Is that all, Felix?" He said, talking to Felix in a somewhat informal tone.
Please Watch

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 am

Dentali wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert: “Could I hear more details about your plans on China?”

“Firstly we need to acknowledge this is a long term endeavor, no quick wins here. It is a process that needs a feasible approach leveraging our alliances, free market, strong military and advantages in technology and intelligence.”

“The first step is to get new full fledged trade agreements in Asia, using the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue as a basis. If we have to we should expand partner by partner, commit to a full on deal with Japan and resolve our issues with India, though a full scale trade deal can wait. All the while we look for active partners to bring in to the Quad such as South Korea.”

“Taiwan should get a free trade agreement and we should be advocating for it to fully join the global community. This is our front line, it should be given support and recognition. We cannot allow it to be taken over by China and subject to the same tortures we are seeing in Xinjiang, Tibet, and Hong Kong. On that note we need to use the Global Magnitsky Act to punish those abusing human rights and do what we can to keep the world focused on Hong Kong.”

“We need to take on China in international organizations as well. Not just the UN or the WHO, but the International Telecom Union and the International Civil Aviation Organization, things like that which affect our international economy. Their influence goes from the leadership to the working level and is detrimental to our efforts.”

“In Europe we need to make sure we cooperate with them on freedom of navigation, export controls and investment regimes. This is incredibly difficult given their relationship with China, but if we continually demonstrate real concrete threats from China we will find partners in our endeavour. I believe we can start with the WTO and human rights abuses and then continue on from there. But frankly any investment we make in Europe will pay dividends that make up for it.”

“All the while restructure the military in the Indo-Pacific. I’m not a military man so that is going to require consultation with the DoD but the “Regain the Advantage” plan presented by Admiral Philip Davidson who commands the Indo-Pacific is a good place to start. So we are talking about $20 billion over the next 6 years just for that region. I plan on announcing my official support of the plan very shortly.”

“I also want to establish a digital warfare academy, like West Point or the Naval Academy. When it comes to fighting digital wars we recruit people who already have training, frankly their aren’t enough of them. We need to make warriors like we do for every other branch of the military.”

“My industrial plan calls for investments in areas that allow us to compete long term with China. Heavy industry, pharmaceuticals, rare earth minerals and 5G just to start. Providing tax credits and incentives for those areas is going to be vital towards building our capabilities. Its vital that this isn’t corporate welfare, this is targeted, efficient, and with tangible goalposts towards taking on the strategic objective of China.”

“2 years ago Congress passed the Export Control Reform Act and the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act. This was vital and now its time to go full bore on those laws that enable us to protect against the China threat in the digital realm. We need to streamline and invest in 5G yesterday and ensure American companies without significant Chinese ties are taking the lead.”

“The DoJ has started a “China Initiative” to fight against theft by the Chinese from American companies and universities. This includes sanctions against foreign entities that have launched Cyberattacks, these should come from the treasury department and the WTO if possible.”

“Thats the short version”

Senator Colbert: “Wow, I am impressed. Now tell me what your economic plan is.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 am

Titanne wrote:Felix nodded, somewhat weakly, and polished off his meal.

"Is that all, Felix?" He said, talking to Felix in a somewhat informal tone.

“I think so...”

He matched the informal tone, but was still a bit lost in thought.

“It feels so good to talk to someone, you know?”
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Rijkenlandd
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rijkenlandd » Fri May 29, 2020 10:14 am

Rijkenlandd wrote:
To: Bernard Porter, Fmr. Secretary of Defense
From: Kevin Villalobos, Representative from Florida's 4th Congressional District
Subject: Meeting

Good Evening Secretary Porter,

I'm gonna be in Florida for this recess. You want to meet over in Jacksonville? I'll treat you to some burgers and beer at one of my favorite joints or maybe we could go on a morning jog.

Regards,
Kevin Villalobos (R-FL)

To: Congressman Kevin Villalobos

Good evening to you too, Congressman,

I'm willing to meet you, of course, I just need an address and a time and I will meet you there.

Most sincerely,
Former Defence Secretary Bernard Jack Porter (R-VA)

To: Bernard Porter, Former Secretary of Defense
Subject: RE:RE:Meeting

Good Morning Congressman,

1776 Casa Grande Avenue!

Regards,
Kevin Villalobos (R-FL)
Last edited by Rijkenlandd on Fri May 29, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Convallaria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Convallaria » Fri May 29, 2020 10:14 am

Did you get the email, Congresswoman?

To: Congresswoman Linda Teasdale

Dear Congresswoman,

I would like to meet with you promptly, regarding our shared endorsement of Nathaniel Richardson.

Most sincerely,
Theodore Vohoffsky
Congressman of the 45th District of California.

To: Congressman Theodore Vohoffsky

RE: Richardson Endorsement

Dear Congressman,

Apologies for the late reply, I'll be back at the office later tonight where we can discuss this matter. See you soon.

Regards,
Linda Teasdale
Congresswoman of the 2nd District of Arizona
Last edited by Convallaria on Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Convallaria: A sprawling sun-soaked dreamscape silhouetted far beyond the ethereal horizons of austere morality and petty mediocrity. But behind the sterile flights of state-sanctioned-fancy lies a paradise lost...a land of milk, honey and sex turned rancid in the sun, as the harshly held colonial disciplines of a bygone era yield to the temptations of society's nighttime fragrances..."

Welcome to the smokey, monochromatic bacchanalia of deco noire and diesel-fueled death traps!

Daily-Trumpet: Circus elephant force-fed crate of tobacco - has escaped into Joaquin River Valley earlier today. | Avalonia suburbs in grip of worst dust storm ever recorded - schools closed - roads blocked - farms blown away. | Dowager actress found dead in Montecorvina

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri May 29, 2020 10:15 am

Alozia wrote:Tawney cleared his throat. "I must admit I haven't."

Berentsen went on to explain the gist of the plan that he had just received the President's sign-off on in the Oval Office. "Mr. Vice President, I'm not entirely sure if he understands the full consequences of this action. This could blow the whole region up."

"What course of action have you suggested to him, then?" Richard asked. "I'm assuming you've spoken to him?"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Is that all, Felix?" He said, talking to Felix in a somewhat informal tone.

“I think so...”

"It certainly is. I feel great right now, compared to my state of "not happy but not sad" prior to us scheduling this meeting."
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am

Alozia wrote:"What course of action have you suggested to him, then?" Richard asked. "I'm assuming you've spoken to him?"

"Briefly. He was dead-set on the disproportionate option. Doesn't seem particularly interested in listening to me, or the Secretary of State. And I had a... strange conversation with the First Lady before I went in."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:20 am

Rijkenlandd wrote:
To: Congressman Kevin Villalobos

Good evening to you too, Congressman,

I'm willing to meet you, of course, I just need an address and a time and I will meet you there.

Most sincerely,
Former Defence Secretary Bernard Jack Porter (R-VA)

1776 Casa Grande Avenue!

Regards,
Kevin Villalobos (R-FL)

Porter arrived at the address in a car and in a very dark suit and tie, waiting to meet with Villalobos.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 10:20 am

Titanne wrote:“I think so...”

"It certainly is. I feel great right now, compared to my state of "not happy but not sad" prior to us scheduling this meeting."

He nodded his agreement.

"I've been in kind of a perpetual state of neutrality recently. Some weird stuff is going on in the caucus..."
Ridin' with Biden

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 29, 2020 10:21 am

Senator Colbert reads Wolf’s tweets, screams OH MY GOD, and texts Warrick.
Are we really going to war with Iran? Are we going to do anything to stop it?

Colbert Facebook
“The Congress shall have the power
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.”
“If we need a war with Iran, then let Congress make that decision as enshrined in our Constitution.”
Last edited by The Orion Islands on Fri May 29, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"It certainly is. I feel great right now, compared to my state of "not happy but not sad" prior to us scheduling this meeting."

He nodded his agreement.

"I've been in kind of a perpetual state of neutrality recently. Some weird stuff is going on in the caucus..."

"Let me guess, Simone hates me? I wouldn't be surprised. Just makes being the first Libertarian Congressman a hell of a lot more likely."
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
Dentali wrote:
“Firstly we need to acknowledge this is a long term endeavor, no quick wins here. It is a process that needs a feasible approach leveraging our alliances, free market, strong military and advantages in technology and intelligence.”

“The first step is to get new full fledged trade agreements in Asia, using the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue as a basis. If we have to we should expand partner by partner, commit to a full on deal with Japan and resolve our issues with India, though a full scale trade deal can wait. All the while we look for active partners to bring in to the Quad such as South Korea.”

“Taiwan should get a free trade agreement and we should be advocating for it to fully join the global community. This is our front line, it should be given support and recognition. We cannot allow it to be taken over by China and subject to the same tortures we are seeing in Xinjiang, Tibet, and Hong Kong. On that note we need to use the Global Magnitsky Act to punish those abusing human rights and do what we can to keep the world focused on Hong Kong.”

“We need to take on China in international organizations as well. Not just the UN or the WHO, but the International Telecom Union and the International Civil Aviation Organization, things like that which affect our international economy. Their influence goes from the leadership to the working level and is detrimental to our efforts.”

“In Europe we need to make sure we cooperate with them on freedom of navigation, export controls and investment regimes. This is incredibly difficult given their relationship with China, but if we continually demonstrate real concrete threats from China we will find partners in our endeavour. I believe we can start with the WTO and human rights abuses and then continue on from there. But frankly any investment we make in Europe will pay dividends that make up for it.”

“All the while restructure the military in the Indo-Pacific. I’m not a military man so that is going to require consultation with the DoD but the “Regain the Advantage” plan presented by Admiral Philip Davidson who commands the Indo-Pacific is a good place to start. So we are talking about $20 billion over the next 6 years just for that region. I plan on announcing my official support of the plan very shortly.”

“I also want to establish a digital warfare academy, like West Point or the Naval Academy. When it comes to fighting digital wars we recruit people who already have training, frankly their aren’t enough of them. We need to make warriors like we do for every other branch of the military.”

“My industrial plan calls for investments in areas that allow us to compete long term with China. Heavy industry, pharmaceuticals, rare earth minerals and 5G just to start. Providing tax credits and incentives for those areas is going to be vital towards building our capabilities. Its vital that this isn’t corporate welfare, this is targeted, efficient, and with tangible goalposts towards taking on the strategic objective of China.”

“2 years ago Congress passed the Export Control Reform Act and the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act. This was vital and now its time to go full bore on those laws that enable us to protect against the China threat in the digital realm. We need to streamline and invest in 5G yesterday and ensure American companies without significant Chinese ties are taking the lead.”

“The DoJ has started a “China Initiative” to fight against theft by the Chinese from American companies and universities. This includes sanctions against foreign entities that have launched Cyberattacks, these should come from the treasury department and the WTO if possible.”

“Thats the short version”

Senator Colbert: “Wow, I am impressed. Now tell me what your economic plan is.”

Richardson: Generally or specifically in response to China?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 10:24 am

Titanne wrote:He nodded his agreement.

"Let me guess, Simone hates me? I wouldn't be surprised. Just makes being the first Libertarian Congressman a hell of a lot more likely."

"Actually, I don't think so. She just seems... wary. Of you, but no more so than she's wary of anyone else, myself included."
Ridin' with Biden

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 29, 2020 10:25 am

Sanabel wrote:"Excellent Bernstein, excellent."

The President pulled out his iPhone and began to compose a quick "tweet," which he read aloud for the other man as he typed.

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"IRAN WE WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR RECKLESS BEHAVIOR IN THE PERSIAN GULF. NO ONE SLANDERS, ATTACKS, & TAUNTS THE USA WITHOUT CONSEqUENCES!"

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND ENEMIES OF THE USA AND ISRAEL ALIKE SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR FIREWORKS ON THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!"

Eliza, not a few minutes more than after the newly confirmed Secretary had left her office, got the notification of her phone. She uttered out a simple, "Well fuck." Before starting to think about what could possibly happen next.

But before she could get anything down she got a text from her fellow Mainer, Rep. Paulson:
Velahor wrote:
Eliza...sorry to bother you...but did your husband just tweet that we’re going to bomb Iran? That’s what it sounds like.

I did and it certainly does sound like that

Eliza wanted to send another text, but quite frankly she couldn't think of anything thing else to say, hell, would her Husband even tell her if that was really the plan if she just asked? She was just a kid when the Vietnam protests were happening, she could hardly imagine how this could all go down domestically if the worst happened, "Fuck."

Rijkenlandd
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rijkenlandd » Fri May 29, 2020 10:25 am

Rijkenlandd wrote:

1776 Casa Grande Avenue!

Regards,
Kevin Villalobos (R-FL)

Porter arrived at the address in a car and in a very dark suit and tie, waiting to meet with Villalobos.

The Villalobos Residence
Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville FL

Kevin, in khakhis as a NASCAR polo, would come out. "Hey Bernard! Welcome to the place! How have you been?" He'd walk toward Bernard and give him a firm handshake.
Last edited by Rijkenlandd on Fri May 29, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 am

The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert reads Wolf’s tweets, screams OH MY GOD, and texts Warrick.
Are we really going to war with Iran? Are we going to do anything to stop it?

Colbert Facebook
“The Congress shall have the power
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.”
“If we need a war with Iran, then let Congress make that decision as enshrined in our Constitution.”

Seeing Colbert’s tweets, Paulson texts him

I agree. We’re going to need congressional approval for this. Keep it constitutional. If intelligence says war in Iran is necessary...then we need a declaration. As this develops, I’ll let you know if I decide to start writing up a bill to constitutionally declare war.

New Cobastheia wrote:
Sanabel wrote:"Excellent Bernstein, excellent."

The President pulled out his iPhone and began to compose a quick "tweet," which he read aloud for the other man as he typed.

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"IRAN WE WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR RECKLESS BEHAVIOR IN THE PERSIAN GULF. NO ONE SLANDERS, ATTACKS, & TAUNTS THE USA WITHOUT CONSEqUENCES!"

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND ENEMIES OF THE USA AND ISRAEL ALIKE SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR FIREWORKS ON THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!"

Eliza, not a few minutes more than after the newly confirmed Secretary had left her office, got the notification of her phone. She uttered out a simple, "Well fuck." Before starting to think about what could possibly happen next.

But before she could get anything down she got a text from her fellow Mainer, Rep. Paulson:
Velahor wrote:
Eliza...sorry to bother you...but did your husband just tweet that we’re going to bomb Iran? That’s what it sounds like.

I did and it certainly does sound like that

Eliza wanted to send another text, but quite frankly she couldn't think of anything thing else to say, hell, would her Husband even tell her if that was really the plan if she just asked? She was just a kid when the Vietnam protests were happening, she could hardly imagine how this could all go down domestically if the worst happened, "Fuck."

Paulson texted Eliza back.

He hasn’t said anything about it?
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri May 29, 2020 10:30 am

Alozia wrote:"What course of action have you suggested to him, then?" Richard asked. "I'm assuming you've spoken to him?"

"Briefly. He was dead-set on the disproportionate option. Doesn't seem particularly interested in listening to me, or the Secretary of State. And I had a... strange conversation with the First Lady before I went in."

"I don't doubt he was. Has anyone suggested this to him? Or was this his idea."

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 am

Bruke wrote:"Reminds me of another asset I'd bring to the table- fundraising. We need to make sure Kentucky and Louisiana go our way.... Trahan would be a good stumper in Kentucky, and a colleague from the South would be a good stumper in Louisiana."

"Callahan, send Callahan. He's our only real champion in the South. Shah should go too. And we'd want a solid Catholic but I don't think they'd want to hear from me." She hummed softly.

“I’m sure we’ll find someone.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse