NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 8:57 am

Kargintina the Third wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Goldman saw a ping on her phone, noted the headline, and typed a reminder to contact Volek and the other Democratic moderates soon.

"So you're talking about Iran being a terrorist state? This seems very concerning. There has been little Shi'ite terrorist activity - bar the usual suspects of Hezbollah and whatnot, so I don't think we're going to get an Iranian Islamic State any time soon..."

“No Senator you misheard me, I’m was saying this is not just another Middle Eastern state. I’m talking about our good friend Nicolas Maduro.”

"A war in Venezuela would be very hard to win, Congressman. The country is half jungle, the government is still decently popular - although we wouldn't normally let that slip - and quite frankly the American people are far too focused on Iran to care about the Monroe Doctrine."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 8:58 am

Rep. Carrie Simone
@SimoneNY12

The President has the prerogative to make a proportionate response to the Iranian attack on a US military asset in the Persian Gulf, and Congress will soon consider sanctions measures to address the Iranian aggression, but the President does not have the right to initiate a full-scale conflict with Iran, and I would counsel him heavily against doing so.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 am

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

The President's recent tweets are rash, unrestrained, and they make me feel highly concerned about whether advisors in the DoD and State have appropriate control over this highly sensitive situation. We must not take any steps that endanger American national security and put more soldiers at risk of getting involved in another never-ending war. #NoWarWithIran
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:Felix returned the smile, nodding. He continued to eat the venison, taking a sip of his drink.

Theo continued eating too, smiling.

"So, what did you want to come over for?"

"We need to talk about what happened. I... just feel more comfortable talking to people in person."
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 29, 2020 9:01 am

Velahor wrote:
Interstate 15, somewhere near the California/Nevada line

“F*CK!!!” screamed Congresswoman Paulson from the back room of the campaign tour bus.

Her staffers came running back to the room, where she sat alone as she was supposed to be writing her speech for the upcoming rally in Garden Grove, California based on the points her Asian affairs consultant had written up.

“Diane, what seems to be the matter?” one of her assistants asked.

“I think we’re going to war against Iran...f*ck...f*ck...no...God it can’t be...no...” she said, nearly hyperventilating.

Diane had a comfortable House seat in the early 2000’s. Then 9/11 happened, and her anti-war brand of Republicanism led her to take a number of stands that eventually led to a primary challenge and her first retirement. Paulson liked her job, she liked it a lot, but if America went to war again, she might anger a lot of Republicans with her pro-peace platform. This wasn’t good for the campaign, nor was it good for her relationships with her colleagues, and not good for the country either.

She quickly texted Congressman Vohoffsky:

Theo...I think we’re going to war. Call me.

Then she texted Eliza Wolf, whose number she’d obtained in their last meeting:

Eliza...sorry to bother you...but did your husband just tweet that we’re going to bomb Iran? That’s what it sounds like.

Meanwhile, Diane’s assistant was hard at work, as they had prepared for another one of Diane’s episodes. As an organic farmer, Diane was quite privy to “natural remedies” for these little episodes of anxiety she experienced. Quickly, someone got her CBD chocolates and a lavender essential oil spray. They also got out the unopened bottle of Clonazepam, which the doctor said Diane should take if she had another one of these anxiety attacks. Paulson was guided over to the bedroom area of the bus, where she laid down on the bed and was soon brought a cold glass of ice water, and a pair of headphones to listen to music.

Diane breathed heavily. She put in the headphones, but skipped right over the “Calming Rain Noises” playlist...and instead put on “Late 60’s Protest Rock”. She calmed down, as her anxiety turned to anger and annoyance. She closed her eyes, and in her mind, was brought back to 1969 all over again. It was a memory she visited rarely, but a memory that was as vivid as ever when she was forced to confront it.

If there was going to be a war abroad, there would be a war at home first...

Vohoffsky heard a ping, and quickly texted off a message to Paulson.

Just calm down. Very few Americans support military action against Iran. The President will have to back down soon. After all, his paleocon base hate war just as much as we do.

Titanne wrote:Felix returned the smile, nodding. He continued to eat the venison, taking a sip of his drink.

A long Jimi Hendrix guitar solo played on the headphones as Diane laid there on the tour bus single bed, phone on her chest, when she felt it buzz. She texted Vohoffsky back.

You saw the tweet right?
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 9:03 am

Velahor wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Vohoffsky heard a ping, and quickly texted off a message to Paulson.

Just calm down. Very few Americans support military action against Iran. The President will have to back down soon. After all, his paleocon base hate war just as much as we do.

A long Jimi Hendrix guitar solo played on the headphones as Diane laid there on the tour bus single bed, phone on her chest, when she felt it buzz. She texted Vohoffsky back.

You saw the tweet right?

No, but look - the President's base are paleoconservatives. Just imagine Woodrow Wilson- Actually, don't imagine Woodrow Wilson. Imagine Eisenhower. Hang on, you might actually have a point. But yes, war in Iran is still relatively unpopular, so just stand against it and enjoy your life.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri May 29, 2020 9:03 am

Senator Michelle Brown
@MichelleBrownWY
Iran knows very clearly where we stand. For too long they have bullied our Allies in the Middle East, AMERICA SAYS NO MORE!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 9:04 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theo continued eating too, smiling.

"We need to talk about what happened. I... just feel more comfortable talking to people in person."

"Alright, go ahead, what do you want to talk about."
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 9:06 am

Senator Augusta Merriam
@NHSenatorMerriam

It is my sincere hope that Iran comes to understand the gravity of its actions in the Persian Gulf, and why America cannot sit by as an idle spectator in those events. An escalation is not desirable from either side, and a return to diplomatic discourse much preferred. But America must not fail to uphold its duty to sustain the international legal order, and Iran's Gulf piracy is a violation of that order.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 9:08 am

John Nathan Lynskey
@JNLynskeyMA

Lashing out at Iran is going to be the precursor to ten more years of Middle Eastern war. Wars that the American people have made clear time and again they are tired of and angry about. Congress should restrain the President's military powers before something stupid happens that will cost American lives.
Neoliberal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 9:10 am

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

We must work to ensure that American interests are defended in the region and that we do not embroil ourselves in a conflict that we cannot win. This is not to say that we ought to roll over - but rather that we are to look at sanctions, a possible blockade, or, if the situation is escalated further by the Iranians, a possible air campaign. My current stance is on the first of those, but the situation is a very precarious one.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 9:13 am

Titanne wrote:"We need to talk about what happened. I... just feel more comfortable talking to people in person."

"Alright, go ahead, what do you want to talk about."

"Well, I can't tell anyone else this stuff, because it would mean outing you, which is just against my personal values."

Felix was thinking out loud, running his ideas and thoughts by Vohoffsky.

"But at the same time, I feel like I need to come clean to my husband, and can't."
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 9:15 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Alright, go ahead, what do you want to talk about."

"Well, I can't tell anyone else this stuff, because it would mean outing you, which is just against my personal values."

"But at the same time, I feel like I need to come clean to my husband, and can't."

"Tell him once I'm out, if that time ever happens. That's the rational option, but probably not the moral option in your view."
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am

Titanne wrote:"Well, I can't tell anyone else this stuff, because it would mean outing you, which is just against my personal values."

"Tell him once I'm out, if that time ever happens. That's the rational option, but probably not the moral option in your view."

"No..." Felix mused.

"There's no way for me to tell him without revealing your sexuality, which I'm just not comfortable doing. Either I out you and live with the guilt of doing that, or don't, and live with the guilt of cheating on my husband."

He frowned a bit, trying to think.
Ridin' with Biden

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am

Velahor wrote:

You saw the tweet right?

No, but look - the President's base are paleoconservatives. Just imagine Woodrow Wilson- Actually, don't imagine Woodrow Wilson. Imagine Eisenhower. Hang on, you might actually have a point. But yes, war in Iran is still relatively unpopular, so just stand against it and enjoy your life.

Midway through her mouthing along the lyrics to “Gimme Shelter” by The Rolling Stones, she felt the phone buzz again and texted Theo back.

His base is Republican, and Republicans voted for Iraq. Be prepared for a battle on this one...there’s a time to take a stand for human life, and that time is now.

An advisor peeked their head in the room.

“Diane...how are you holding up? Please stay off of Twitter for a bit, until you’re calmed down.”

“I’m fine,” said Diane passively.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am

Kargintina the Third wrote:“No Senator you misheard me, I’m was saying this is not just another Middle Eastern state. I’m talking about our good friend Nicolas Maduro.”

"A war in Venezuela would be very hard to win, Congressman. The country is half jungle, the government is still decently popular - although we wouldn't normally let that slip - and quite frankly the American people are far too focused on Iran to care about the Monroe Doctrine."

“A war with Iran would be exponentially more disastrous than Venezuela, with Iran having one of the world’s top fifteen strongest military. Venezuela is less than 2000 miles from Florida. Putin has already shown he has no regards for our sanctions against the country, how long until we have a Second Cuban Missile Crisis in our hands?”
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 9:21 am

Kargintina the Third wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"A war in Venezuela would be very hard to win, Congressman. The country is half jungle, the government is still decently popular - although we wouldn't normally let that slip - and quite frankly the American people are far too focused on Iran to care about the Monroe Doctrine."

“A war with Iran would be exponentially more disastrous than Venezuela, with Iran having one of the world’s top fifteen strongest military. Venezuela is less than 2000 miles from Florida. Putin has already shown he has no regards for our sanctions against the country, how long until we have a Second Cuban Missile Crisis in our hands?”

"Well, this time, let's try not to attack Soviet nuclear ships. Kennedy got off good with that one...We need someone good with foreign policy to get something passed to our UN ambassador. Although I'd certainly say that Venezuela will be much harder. Iran will be a second Iraq but larger. Venezuela will be a second Vietnam. Iran is responding much better to sanctions though...I think what's happening is that we sanction Venezuela, the Venezuelan government spreads propaganda, blames the suffering on us, and therefore can whitewash all their political and economic failures. We need to look into supporting rebel groups rather than sanctions, I think. They are a threat to the Monroe Doctrine and we need to take care of that."
Please Watch

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri May 29, 2020 9:48 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Sanabel wrote:"Bye-bye," the President said, not looking up from his phone, much like a teenager.

And with that, Secretary Berentsen left the Oval Office and - with a slightly brisker marching pace than usual - went to leave the West Wing. Feeling distinctly unnerved, he went to call from his cell through to the DoD switchboard and started the call as soon as he left the building and got into his car to take him back to the Pentagon. "Put me through to the Vice President, please."

"This is the Vice President speaking, how can I help you Secretary?" Tawney replied upon picking up the phone.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 9:52 am

Alozia wrote:"This is the Vice President speaking, how can I help you Secretary?" Tawney replied upon picking up the phone.

"Mr. Vice President, have you seen the plan the President's signed off on implementing as our response to the drone incident in the Gulf?"
Neoliberal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 9:54 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Tell him once I'm out, if that time ever happens. That's the rational option, but probably not the moral option in your view."

"No..." Felix mused.

"There's no way for me to tell him without revealing your sexuality, which I'm just not comfortable doing. Either I out you and live with the guilt of doing that, or don't, and live with the guilt of cheating on my husband."

"I said do it when I am out, of course. When I do it on my own terms, then you can tell him."
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 9:55 am

Titanne wrote:"No..." Felix mused.

"I said do it when I am out, of course. When I do it on my own terms, then you can tell him."

Felix nodded.

"Have you told anyone yet?"
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 9:58 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I said do it when I am out, of course. When I do it on my own terms, then you can tell him."

Felix nodded.

"Not yet. I don't see any reason to."
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri May 29, 2020 10:00 am

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Dirty Dem SHIFTY SHARANSKY turns out to be as CORRUPT as we all thought! No Suprise!

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

We must send Iran a message to NOT ATTACK OUR ASSETS.

Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 10:02 am

Titanne wrote:Felix nodded.

"Not yet. I don't see any reason to."

“Do things at your own pace, but... trust me, it’ll feel good to get it off your chest.”
Ridin' with Biden

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri May 29, 2020 10:02 am

John Atang
@JohnAtangNY3

#NoWarWithIran

Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse