NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 5:36 am

Rijkenlandd wrote:
To: Bernard Porter, Fmr. Secretary of Defense
From: Kevin Villalobos, Representative from Florida's 4th Congressional District
Subject: Meeting

Good Evening Secretary Porter,

I'm gonna be in Florida for this recess. You want to meet over in Jacksonville? I'll treat you to some burgers and beer at one of my favorite joints or maybe we could go on a morning jog.

Regards,
Kevin Villalobos (R-FL)

[box]To: Congressman Kevin Villalobos

Good evening to you too, Congressman,

I'm willing to meet you, of course, I just need an address and a time and I will meet you there.

Most sincerely,
Former Defence Secretary Bernard Jack Porter (R-VA)
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Fri May 29, 2020 6:09 am

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

A top advisor to Westra's presidential campaign, Rebekah Sharansky has been caught out in bribery, lying to Congress, fraud and more. I wonder how much he knew of this while she has been working for him?

(Image)

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

In no uncertain terms, I condemn all the politicians who have been caught on corruption charges. It is a shame that Senator Murphy is using this as an opportunity to slander me. Senator Sharansky was not on the payroll of my campaign, was not an advisor, and certainly was not "working for me." I expect an apology from the Murphy campaign for this blatant lie.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 6:13 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Hmm..." Theo said, clinching a bit. "Still hurts. Must be deep. Anyway, you want to eat?"

"Yikes."

Felix paled a bit more just thinking of the wound, but nodded along to the question of eating.

He took his fork and knife, cutting off a bit of the venison and putting it into his mouth.

"Mmm... this is delicious!"

Theo ate a bit, noting Felix's aversion to blood.

"I know. Truly is."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 6:26 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:"Yikes."

Felix paled a bit more just thinking of the wound, but nodded along to the question of eating.

He took his fork and knife, cutting off a bit of the venison and putting it into his mouth.

"Mmm... this is delicious!"

Theo ate a bit, noting Felix's aversion to blood.

"I know. Truly is."

"What seasoning did you put on this?"

Felix was thoroughly enjoying the meal, and had a little bit of barbecue sauce on his lip. He wiped it off with a napkin, and took another bite.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:13 am

Bruke wrote:"Reminds me of another asset I'd bring to the table- fundraising. We need to make sure Kentucky and Louisiana go our way.... Trahan would be a good stumper in Kentucky, and a colleague from the South would be a good stumper in Louisiana."

"Callahan, send Callahan. He's our only real champion in the South. Shah should go too. And we'd want a solid Catholic but I don't think they'd want to hear from me." She hummed softly.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:15 am

New Cobastheia wrote:"I agree about Sullivan, especially on her politics, if you want a caucus were Progressives and Moderates can get along than she's probably the worst option, but that's just me, in the meantime, I'm sure it'll be fun to watch what happens."

"It is strange that none of the major progressives seem to be in a position to at least humor this race. Westra, Murphy and Doyle all running for President, and Winthrop fighting off a primary challenge that she's almost certainly going to lose."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:16 am

New Cobastheia wrote:"Like I said, earlier, congratulations on your confirmation Mr. Secretary," She said, standing up in a much more human way as she offered up her hand for another handshake before the Secretary left.

He went to shake her hand somewhat firmly, even stiffly, and offered a wan smile. "Thank you. Until the next time." And with that, he headed off to his meeting in the Oval."
Neoliberal

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 am

Sanabel wrote:The President had already met with the Director of National Intelligence, the Joint Chiefs, and the Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency before meeting with the Secretary of Defense. It was essentially a formality- they had the capability to do what the President wanted, and he fully expected the meeting with his brand new Secretary of Defense to be a rubber stamp.

As the man entered the room, he smiled and gestured for him to sit. “Hello Secretary Bernstein. Great job in your hearing. Great job. I can tell you’re a smart guy- you’re smart, you’re smart. You have a big head! Strong general, smart general- it makes sense. Your head is so big for your big brain!”

After the other man was seated, a staffer emerged from the corner of the Oval Office to hand the newly minted Secretary a leather bound dossier.

“Our fireworks plan for the Fourth of July. Boom! It’s going to be great, it’s going to be so great,” he said while smiling as the man read. He was visibly energized and excited by the contents of the dossier’s pages.

George was, of course, aware of the work of the DNI, the Joint Chiefs, and the Director of the DIA. He'd been in conversations with them about the various 'strategic options' that they were preparing to lay before the President. Nonetheless, as the other complimented him, he smiled awkwardly. "Thank you, Mister President." He said, feeling inordinately self conscious about the shape of his head all of a sudden.

Taking the leather bound dossier from the staffer as he sat down, he flicked through it, nodding to himself as he soaked in the details once more. "I see you went with the... uh... disproportionate response, Mister President. Have you discussed this with the Secretary of State?"
Neoliberal

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Sanabel wrote:The President had already met with the Director of National Intelligence, the Joint Chiefs, and the Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency before meeting with the Secretary of Defense. It was essentially a formality- they had the capability to do what the President wanted, and he fully expected the meeting with his brand new Secretary of Defense to be a rubber stamp.

As the man entered the room, he smiled and gestured for him to sit. “Hello Secretary Bernstein. Great job in your hearing. Great job. I can tell you’re a smart guy- you’re smart, you’re smart. You have a big head! Strong general, smart general- it makes sense. Your head is so big for your big brain!”

After the other man was seated, a staffer emerged from the corner of the Oval Office to hand the newly minted Secretary a leather bound dossier.

“Our fireworks plan for the Fourth of July. Boom! It’s going to be great, it’s going to be so great,” he said while smiling as the man read. He was visibly energized and excited by the contents of the dossier’s pages.

George was, of course, aware of the work of the DNI, the Joint Chiefs, and the Director of the DIA. He'd been in conversations with them about the various 'strategic options' that they were preparing to lay before the President. Nonetheless, as the other complimented him, he smiled awkwardly. "Thank you, Mister President." He said, feeling inordinately self conscious about the shape of his head all of a sudden.

Taking the leather bound dossier from the staffer as he sat down, he flicked through it, nodding to himself as he soaked in the details once more. "I see you went with the... uh... disproportionate response, Mister President. Have you discussed this with the Secretary of State?"

"Not yet, not yet. Arthur was supposed to be here today. For this meeting. He isn't here- not yet, not yet. I don't know where he is. Hopefully not deleting emails! Crooked Clifford did that when she was Secretary of State, what a nasty woman, nasty woman."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:28 am

Sanabel wrote:"Not yet, not yet. Arthur was supposed to be here today. For this meeting. He isn't here- not yet, not yet. I don't know where he is. Hopefully not deleting emails! Crooked Clifford did that when she was Secretary of State, what a nasty woman, nasty woman."

"Of course, Mister President." He just nodded along, not wanting to get himself fired. "Well, to largely sum up what I believe Secretary Urquhart would tell you... I believe that the option that you have chosen would be considered - by observers - to be an escalation. Iran would be likely to retaliate." He chewed his lower lip awkwardly. "It would have the potential to embroil us in a larger scale conflict in the Middle East."
Neoliberal

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 29, 2020 7:33 am

Sanabel wrote:"Not yet, not yet. Arthur was supposed to be here today. For this meeting. He isn't here- not yet, not yet. I don't know where he is. Hopefully not deleting emails! Crooked Clifford did that when she was Secretary of State, what a nasty woman, nasty woman."

"Of course, Mister President." He just nodded along, not wanting to get himself fired. "Well, to largely sum up what I believe Secretary Urquhart would tell you... I believe that the option that you have chosen would be considered - by observers - to be an escalation. Iran would be likely to retaliate." He chewed his lower lip awkwardly. "It would have the potential to embroil us in a larger scale conflict in the Middle East."

"Ok!" The president nodded enthusiastically.

"I don't like that, but I don't like Iran. Very bad people, very bad people."

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:37 am

Sanabel wrote:"Ok!" The president nodded enthusiastically.

To describe Wolf's reaction as blasé would be an understatement. Berentsen felt he could sit there and try to explain his way through it, but decided to bite his tongue. "Very well, Mister President. Then the Fourth of July it is." He bit the inside of his cheek a little, trying to center himself from the horror of what he held in his hands, slowly closing the binder. "Instructions'll be given to Admiral (not-Lisa Franchetti) and we'll proceed according to the timescale laid out in the plan."
Neoliberal

Qabea
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Qabea » Fri May 29, 2020 7:45 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Qabea wrote:The door opened. "Come in." said the Senator.

Sullivan entered.

"Thank you, hello Vincent, how are you?"

"I'm doing well. How about you?"
REPUBLIC of QABEA
A well developed and cultured MT francophone republic spanning the Fertile Crescent.
Nationalist & Progressive Republican from the Deep South

Pronouns: He/Him

Pro: Cultural nationalism, Free college, Free speech, GMO labeling, Gun rights, Labor, Medical marijuana, Populism, Protectionism, Secularism, Universal basic income, Universal healthcare
Neutral: Abortion rights, Green politics, LGBTQ+ rights, Religious freedom
Anti: Affirmative action, Big corporations, Globalism, Immigration, Imperialism, Interventionism, Islamic extremism, Neoconservatism, Neoliberalism, Recreational marijuana, Zionism

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 29, 2020 7:45 am

Sanabel wrote:"Ok!" The president nodded enthusiastically.

To describe Wolf's reaction as blasé would be an understatement. Berentsen felt he could sit there and try to explain his way through it, but decided to bite his tongue. "Very well, Mister President. Then the Fourth of July it is." He bit the inside of his cheek a little, trying to center himself from the horror of what he held in his hands, slowly closing the binder. "Instructions'll be given to Admiral (not-Lisa Franchetti) and we'll proceed according to the timescale laid out in the plan."

"Excellent Bernstein, excellent."

The President pulled out his iPhone and began to compose a quick "tweet," which he read aloud for the other man as he typed.

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"IRAN WE WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR RECKLESS BEHAVIOR IN THE PERSIAN GULF. NO ONE SLANDERS, ATTACKS, & TAUNTS THE USA WITHOUT CONSEqUENCES!"

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND ENEMIES OF THE USA AND ISRAEL ALIKE SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR FIREWORKS ON THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:48 am

Sanabel wrote:"Excellent Bernstein, excellent."

The President pulled out his iPhone and began to compose a quick "tweet," which he read aloud for the other man as he typed.

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"IRAN WE WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR RECKLESS BEHAVIOR IN THE PERSIAN GULF. NO ONE SLANDERS, ATTACKS, & TAUNTS THE USA WITHOUT CONSEqUENCES!"

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND ENEMIES OF THE USA AND ISRAEL ALIKE SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR FIREWORKS ON THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!"

"Uh... Mister President, wasn't it your stated doctrine since the Presidential Debates not to warn our enemies that we are coming?"
Neoliberal

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 29, 2020 8:04 am

ImageThe Associated Press Image

Top News

MIDWEST MASSACRE: SENATORS TO RESIGN

By Gertrude Finkle
June 28th, 2019

BREAKING - The Democratic and Republican parties have both found themselves embroiled in one of the most brazen political scandals since the unethical behavior of (Not-Jack Abramoff) and associated politicians came to light. Both parties have felt the embarrassment of seeing young senators who were once thought to be rising stars quickly fall from grace. Senator Rebekah Sharansky (D-IL), a close ally of presidential candidate Tim Westra (D-NJ), and Luke Hawthorne (R-OH), an acolyte of President Wolf, stand accused of bribery, malfeasance, misconduct, destruction of evidence, lying to Congress, witness tampering, among others. Each Senator carried out their illegal and unethical actions independently, however both stem back to their most recent respective senate races, wherein each were associated with now infamous agriculture industry lobbyist Vye Agra.

After the FBI raided the offices of Senators Sharansky and Hawthorne, many on both sides of the aisle called for the two senators to be stripped of their committee assignments and other privileges. It became apparent that both Senators were losing the fight for their political lives, and that they stood alone.

This morning, the office of Senator Hawthorne issued a statement to the press and to Ohio voters that the junior Senator intended to resign his office effective immediately. He has yet to speak with the press further, and has yet to make a public appearance. It is widely expected that the Ohio governor will appoint a replacement within the next two days, so that the seat may be filled as the Senate wraps up before the summer recess.

Senator Sharansky made a public appearance outside of her constituent office in Chicago less than an hour ago, where she announced that she too would be resigning. The Senator and her communications director then fielded questions from the press and constituents. A crowd gathered and began to heckle the Senator, and questions were raised over "why she has done hardly anything in the last year other than shill for Tim Westra and break the law," in the words of one angry voter. Finally, the event was cut short and the Senator was whisked away by her security detail when an egg lobbed from the crowd narrowly missed her head.

More information will follow this breaking news.
Last edited by Sanabel on Fri May 29, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 29, 2020 8:05 am

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

"Uh... Mister President, wasn't it your stated doctrine since the Presidential Debates not to warn our enemies that we are coming?"

"I'm the President, you're the Secretary, Bernstein. Maybe you're not as smart as I thought."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 8:06 am

Sanabel wrote:"I'm the President, you're the Secretary, Bernstein. Maybe you're not as smart as I thought."

"Just double-checking, sir, I am fastidiously thorough. If that's all, Mister President?" He stood up awkwardly.
Neoliberal

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 29, 2020 8:08 am

Sanabel wrote:"I'm the President, you're the Secretary, Bernstein. Maybe you're not as smart as I thought."

"Just double-checking, sir, I am fastidiously thorough. If that's all, Mister President?" He stood up awkwardly.

"Bye-bye," the President said, not looking up from his phone, much like a teenager.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 29, 2020 8:10 am

Sanabel wrote:"Bye-bye," the President said, not looking up from his phone, much like a teenager.

And with that, Secretary Berentsen left the Oval Office and - with a slightly brisker marching pace than usual - went to leave the West Wing. Feeling distinctly unnerved, he went to call from his cell through to the DoD switchboard and started the call as soon as he left the building and got into his car to take him back to the Pentagon. "Put me through to the Vice President, please."
Neoliberal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 8:35 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theo ate a bit, noting Felix's aversion to blood.

"I know. Truly is."

"What seasoning did you put on this?"

Felix was thoroughly enjoying the meal, and had a little bit of barbecue sauce on his lip. He wiped it off with a napkin, and took another bite.

"Plain old barbecue sauce. Do you like it?" He said, smiling back.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 29, 2020 8:43 am

Titanne wrote:"What seasoning did you put on this?"

"Plain old barbecue sauce. Do you like it?" He said, smiling back.

Felix returned the smile, nodding. He continued to eat the venison, taking a sip of his drink.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 am

Sanabel wrote:

"Excellent Bernstein, excellent."

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

Interstate 15, somewhere near the California/Nevada line

“F*CK!!!” screamed Congresswoman Paulson from the back room of the campaign tour bus.

Her staffers came running back to the room, where she sat alone as she was supposed to be writing her speech for the upcoming rally in Garden Grove, California based on the points her Asian affairs consultant had written up.

“Diane, what seems to be the matter?” one of her assistants asked.

“I think we’re going to war against Iran...f*ck...f*ck...no...God it can’t be...no...” she said, nearly hyperventilating.

Diane had a comfortable House seat in the early 2000’s. Then 9/11 happened, and her anti-war brand of Republicanism led her to take a number of stands that eventually led to a primary challenge and her first retirement. Paulson liked her job, she liked it a lot, but if America went to war again, she might anger a lot of Republicans with her pro-peace platform. This wasn’t good for the campaign, nor was it good for her relationships with her colleagues, and not good for the country either.

She quickly texted Congressman Vohoffsky:

Theo...I think we’re going to war. Call me.

Then she texted Eliza Wolf, whose number she’d obtained in their last meeting:

Eliza...sorry to bother you...but did your husband just tweet that we’re going to bomb Iran? That’s what it sounds like.

Meanwhile, Diane’s assistant was hard at work, as they had prepared for another one of Diane’s episodes. As an organic farmer, Diane was quite privy to “natural remedies” for these little episodes of anxiety she experienced. Quickly, someone got her CBD chocolates and a lavender essential oil spray. They also got out the unopened bottle of Clonazepam, which the doctor said Diane should take if she had another one of these anxiety attacks. Paulson was guided over to the bedroom area of the bus, where she laid down on the bed and was soon brought a cold glass of ice water, and a pair of headphones to listen to music.

Diane breathed heavily. She put in the headphones, but skipped right over the “Calming Rain Noises” playlist...and instead put on “Late 60’s Protest Rock”. She calmed down, as her anxiety turned to anger and annoyance. She closed her eyes, and in her mind, was brought back to 1969 all over again. It was a memory she visited rarely, but a memory that was as vivid as ever when she was forced to confront it.

If there was going to be a war abroad, there would be a war at home first...
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Fri May 29, 2020 8:53 am

Kargintina the Third wrote:
Tenson climbed into the Taxi and continued. “Actually, it’s about something even more perilous. Something right within our corner of the globe that could effect us far more than yet another Middle Eastern regime that just wants the “infidels” out of the region.

Goldman saw a ping on her phone, noted the headline, and typed a reminder to contact Volek and the other Democratic moderates soon.

"So you're talking about Iran being a terrorist state? This seems very concerning. There has been little Shi'ite terrorist activity - bar the usual suspects of Hezbollah and whatnot, so I don't think we're going to get an Iranian Islamic State any time soon..."

“No Senator you misheard me, I’m was saying this is not just another Middle Eastern state. I’m talking about our good friend Nicolas Maduro.”
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 am

Velahor wrote:

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

Arnold J. Wolf
@RealArnoldWolf

Interstate 15, somewhere near the California/Nevada line

“F*CK!!!” screamed Congresswoman Paulson from the back room of the campaign tour bus.

Her staffers came running back to the room, where she sat alone as she was supposed to be writing her speech for the upcoming rally in Garden Grove, California based on the points her Asian affairs consultant had written up.

“Diane, what seems to be the matter?” one of her assistants asked.

“I think we’re going to war against Iran...f*ck...f*ck...no...God it can’t be...no...” she said, nearly hyperventilating.

Diane had a comfortable House seat in the early 2000’s. Then 9/11 happened, and her anti-war brand of Republicanism led her to take a number of stands that eventually led to a primary challenge and her first retirement. Paulson liked her job, she liked it a lot, but if America went to war again, she might anger a lot of Republicans with her pro-peace platform. This wasn’t good for the campaign, nor was it good for her relationships with her colleagues, and not good for the country either.

She quickly texted Congressman Vohoffsky:

Theo...I think we’re going to war. Call me.

Then she texted Eliza Wolf, whose number she’d obtained in their last meeting:

Eliza...sorry to bother you...but did your husband just tweet that we’re going to bomb Iran? That’s what it sounds like.

Meanwhile, Diane’s assistant was hard at work, as they had prepared for another one of Diane’s episodes. As an organic farmer, Diane was quite privy to “natural remedies” for these little episodes of anxiety she experienced. Quickly, someone got her CBD chocolates and a lavender essential oil spray. They also got out the unopened bottle of Clonazepam, which the doctor said Diane should take if she had another one of these anxiety attacks. Paulson was guided over to the bedroom area of the bus, where she laid down on the bed and was soon brought a cold glass of ice water, and a pair of headphones to listen to music.

Diane breathed heavily. She put in the headphones, but skipped right over the “Calming Rain Noises” playlist...and instead put on “Late 60’s Protest Rock”. She calmed down, as her anxiety turned to anger and annoyance. She closed her eyes, and in her mind, was brought back to 1969 all over again. It was a memory she visited rarely, but a memory that was as vivid as ever when she was forced to confront it.

If there was going to be a war abroad, there would be a war at home first...

Vohoffsky heard a ping, and quickly texted off a message to Paulson.

Just calm down. Very few Americans support military action against Iran. The President will have to back down soon. After all, his paleocon base hate war just as much as we do.

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Plain old barbecue sauce. Do you like it?" He said, smiling back.

Felix returned the smile, nodding. He continued to eat the venison, taking a sip of his drink.

Theo continued eating too, smiling.

"So, what did you want to come over for?"
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse