NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“Likewise, my campaign manager will be going through your record to ensure you’re not a liability. It shouldn’t be a problem though, you seem like an upstanding guy,” replied Paulson. “Who else will you want to meet with? Just curious.”

"Some other candidates, maybe a few other Senators and Governors from my region too."

"Okay, well you have my email and my phone number when you come around to endorsing me. And watch the debate. You won't want to miss what's in store," remarked Paulson as she finished off the last of her coffee and picked up the tab for them, as well as for the family sitting at the only other occupied table in the early-morning diner. She whispered to the waitress, "don't tell them who it's from, just say that someone felt like blessing them today."
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“I’ve been wondering about her. She offered to endorse me and then dipped out of the meeting like something was wrong. Good thing the rally in Florida isn’t set in stone, we’ll keep her on the line for a future endorsement and tell her some line about ‘strategic timing’ or something.”

“Prendergast’s business is easy to attack, as is his record with the drug war in West Virginia. Porter will be easy to wipe out in the debate, I’ve been dragging him on the campaign trail for weeks frankly.”

“And of course, as those two and Richardson slip, debate number two will be my time to go after Wolf Jr. as an inexperienced brat who thinks he’s entitled to the Presidency. I’ll use the point that I’ve actually achieved a lot of Wolf’s goals for him in the House while he’s done nothing but benefit off his dad’s name without doing anything of substance.”

“So what about my branding? I easily have the best ads in the primary right now in my opinion, but am I missing something important?”

Elizabeth looked off into the distance "Just general debauchery you know, your messages are positive and shine the Reagan era with a youthful glow which is nice, but we need to shake it up a bit, modernize it, make it personal. Obviously we don't need every ad to be an attack on a candidate, but I would like some. Maybe have an add focusing on specific issues, like healthcare or poverty, those ideas always sell. There are always problems that need fixing, and ways to fix them, and if you don't know how I would be happy to write white pages for you I did it for ( not-H.W Bush) but I understand if that sound like cheating to you"

"It's a bit revisionist for me, the whole Reagan thing, but it's believable because I worked closely with him so I know more than nearly anybody else living about what he was like when the cameras were off," replied Diane.

"Yes, I would be very interested in having you write my white papers, very specifically on these hot-button issues that are outside of my current scope of issues. I might be the face of my campaign, but I'm okay with outsourcing some of the policy details to people with better nuance. Right now my only white paper is the tax one, which frankly makes me look way too single-issue."

"What do you mean by modernize it and make it personal? What ideas do you have there?"

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“Is that all you really came to talk about Congressman?” asked Paulson, with her typical journalistic inquisitiveness.

“Indeed, it was, thank you, Representative.” Volker said, standing up before stretching his hand out for a Paulson to shake.

"Well, if you don't have anything to talk about, then I have something," she said. "Please, stay seated. I'm sorry," she said, realize she led him to believe the meeting was over.

"As you know, DOVE isn't particularly non-interventionist, and I normally don't support this kind of legislation. But I do have a different ideal for Venezuela considering that I wish to have Latin America surpass China as our leading trade partner, so I am considering voting in favor. But I am still unsure, and I was wondering if you could give me a reason why I should vote for it."

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:47 pm

Velahor wrote:
Elizabeth looked off into the distance "Just general debauchery you know, your messages are positive and shine the Reagan era with a youthful glow which is nice, but we need to shake it up a bit, modernize it, make it personal. Obviously we don't need every ad to be an attack on a candidate, but I would like some. Maybe have an add focusing on specific issues, like healthcare or poverty, those ideas always sell. There are always problems that need fixing, and ways to fix them, and if you don't know how I would be happy to write white pages for you I did it for ( not-H.W Bush) but I understand if that sound like cheating to you"

"It's a bit revisionist for me, the whole Reagan thing, but it's believable because I worked closely with him so I know more than nearly anybody else living about what he was like when the cameras were off," replied Diane.

"Yes, I would be very interested in having you write my white papers, very specifically on these hot-button issues that are outside of my current scope of issues. I might be the face of my campaign, but I'm okay with outsourcing some of the policy details to people with better nuance. Right now my only white paper is the tax one, which frankly makes me look way too single-issue."

"What do you mean by modernize it and make it personal? What ideas do you have there?"

Elizabeth took the last gulp of her wine " Show some of your personality, your ads all sound really flat, show the people you have personal experience with there issues" Elizabeth takes Paulson's hand "whether it be about poverty, Heathcare, or abortion try and tell them a story and make it personal" Elizabeth realizes what she said, and looks at Paulson with a look of apology "of course you don't have to tell them that story, but you get what I mean
Senator Julie Littenbaum (D-WA)
Rep. Bobby Markoe (R-IL-15)

FREE THE UYGHURS, STOP CHINA

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Velahor wrote:

Elizabeth took the last gulp of her wine " Show some of your personality, your ads all sound really flat, show the people you have personal experience with there issues" Elizabeth takes Paulson's hand "whether it be about poverty, Heathcare, or abortion try and tell them a story and make it personal" Elizabeth realizes what she said, and looks at Paulson with a look of apology "of course you don't have to tell them that story, but you get what I mean

Paulson let out a bit of a forced chuckle, "well, I mean...if it helps."

She shrugged. Then took a sip of her wine.

"But I don't think people will really be very happy about the 'I almost killed my First Lady' line."

Paulson realized that the joke was maybe a bit dark. So she took another drink.

"I get what you're saying though. I gotta let the personality shine through a bit! People know me for my work, but not for much else."

"Now that I really think back on it...maybe I should be talking about my single motherhood. What life was like balancing raising a kid, working in DC, and flying back and forth from New Hampshire almost every week to see her. That angle might not have worked even in 2008, but do you think it might work now?"

"There's also the farm. My little project here that I started when Washington was getting to my head. That's definitely a personality thing too."

"I don't think I'm relatable yet. But we can make me relatable. We can definitely make me relatable." Diane almost sounded like she was trying to prove that to herself.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Senator Moore’s Office, Washington, DC

After a relatively successful meeting with Senator Little, Governor Velez went to meet with another prominent African American Senator. Again, he brought a bottle of wine as a gesture of goodwill, and waited outside the man’s office until the secretary let him in.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:29 pm

Velahor wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:"Some other candidates, maybe a few other Senators and Governors from my region too."

"Okay, well you have my email and my phone number when you come around to endorsing me. And watch the debate. You won't want to miss what's in store," remarked Paulson as she finished off the last of her coffee and picked up the tab for them, as well as for the family sitting at the only other occupied table in the early-morning diner. She whispered to the waitress, "don't tell them who it's from, just say that someone felt like blessing them today."

"Thank you, I will be observing the debate very closely, and good luck."
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Azekopolaltion » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

As someone who is concerned about the impact of American sanctions on those who are suffering in the Venezuelan humanitarian crisis, it was my instinct not to support further economic sanctions on the Venezuelan people. However, upon reading the DOVE Act, I see that it is a highly targeted sanctions package on companies and invidividuals to minimize the impact of human rights abuses by the illegitimate Maduro regime.

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

The United States should not be in the business of regime change, but we should be standing up for human rights everywhere, whether in Venezuela or Saudi Arabia or Israel. The DOVE Act will only impose sanctions that should have already been in place, had President Wolf invoked the Global Magnitsky Act (which I voted to pass). As such I will support this bill when it hits the floor, perhaps with some amendments, although I'll also be having conversations on the easing of crippling sanctions that are hurting the people of Venezuela, not the leaders.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:17 pm

Rep. Carrie Simone
@SimoneNY12

I am grateful to Senator @WestraNJ for recognizing that the DOVE Act is targeted at individuals involved in human rights abuses, and not a punitive measure against the Venezuelan people, who we yearn to support. I will be happy to work with him on legislation to help improve the supply of food and vitals like medicine to the Venezuelan people. We should work with international partners like Colombia to make this possible.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:18 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
(Image)
Rep. Carrie Simone
@SimoneNY12

I am grateful to Senator @WestraNJ for recognizing that the DOVE Act is targeted at individuals involved in human rights abuses, and not a punitive measure against the Venezuelan people, who we yearn to support. I will be happy to work with him on legislation to help improve the supply of food and vitals like medicine to the Venezuelan people. We should work with international partners like Colombia to make this possible.

John Atang
@JohnAtangNY3

Under clause 4 that is not possible.

(tweet ic deleted)
Last edited by Agarntrop on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left Without Edge

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:18 pm

(Image)
Rep. Carrie Simone
@SimoneNY12

Like and retweeted by @SenatorRSlater
Die nasty!!111

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Matt Walker
@MattWalkerWA
Sanctions only work if you have international backing from all major MEDC Countries (Which we don’t). Military intervention may be the only way to restore democracy to Venezuela.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:11 pm

Sanabel wrote:Senator Moore’s Office, Washington, DC

After a relatively successful meeting with Senator Little, Governor Velez went to meet with another prominent African American Senator. Again, he brought a bottle of wine as a gesture of goodwill, and waited outside the man’s office until the secretary let him in.

"Ah Governor Velez!" Moore said graciously, personally welcoming in the Governor "Please come in, thank you for the wine." Moore gestured Velez into his office and bid him sit down "I'm so happy you called up, we have much to discuss."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"I'm more bullish on natural gas than oil but our country is in the middle of an energy boom that I have every intention of continuing. Keystone will be unhindered if not expedited by my administration."

“That is excellent to hear. If I was to hypothetically run for governor of Montana, how much support could I expect from you?”

"100% support, my full backing both behind the scenes and campaigning for you if you need it. Though if you win the primary I don't think you would. Of course that support would stronger the closer I am to the Presidency but you will get it regardless of how this meeting turns out."

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:15 pm

Dentali wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Senator Moore’s Office, Washington, DC

"Ah Governor Velez!" Moore said graciously, personally welcoming in the Governor "Please come in, thank you for the wine." Moore gestured Velez into his office and bid him sit down "I'm so happy you called up, we have much to discuss."

“I was happy to find the time. I actually only just met with Senator Little. It’s tricky to spend a lot of time in Washington while running for President, I’m glad I’m not a Senator. How are you and your family doing?”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:21 pm

Dentali wrote:Speaker Douglas
Capitol Hill

(Image)

The room had been rented out for this express purpose, the Democratic Party plotting the next legislative push. Simone and Douglas had a rough outline of the idea and the direction they would be going, but it was here they would start crafting the legislation which would hopefully put the Republicans in a bind. He sat patiently and awaited his invited guests.

Representative Simone was here all the time, absolutely, no question about it. Seated at the table and wearing a patterned suit jacket, she had several stacks of papers and a number of folders around her, as she did at any time, and she smiled whenever anyone came in.

Speaker Douglas
Capitol Hill

"Right then" Douglas said from his seated position, if he could straighten up more he would have, "We are here today because frankly the 2020 race is contentious and is threatening the cohesion of our party. Center-Left, or Far-Left or anywhere inbetween we are all on the same team here. To that end I have called this meeting as a show of unity to the nation and to the party. We will be drafting a piece of legislation, a gun control bill."

He took a few moments for all that to sink in "The objective of this bill is not to change the country, it is to provide change that the American people want and will have real effects on the public. This is not time for a contentious debate, this bill is not going to go as far as most of you want. What the objective of the bill is... the objective of the bill is to put Republicans in a tight spot, so they have a bunch of angry constituents who think they are more beholden to the gun lobby and the NRA than the kids they are sending to school. And when we have a democratic president itll be easy to get it done."

"This bill needs to be reasonable to the moderates and the centrists. Also importantly it will not include any Presidential candidates as co-sponsors they will be encouraged to support it but they are not taking the lead here."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:23 pm

To: [Rep. Atang], [Rep. Dietrich], [Rep. Simone], [Rep. Vohoffsky], [Sen. Anderson], [Sen. Dayton], [Sen. Frankston], [Sen. Goldman], [Sen. Merriam]
Subject: Updates on the Reapportionment Act of 2019

Hello All,

After recently talking with the Speaker, he gave a few recommendations to the bill. I'm reaching out to see how you all feel about them and if we want to add them to the bill. The first one was moving the first election year with the newly enlarged House from 2022 to 2024 and the second one was plainly writing out in the bill how many seats each state based on current projections.

I also want to notify all of you that I plan on adding in a section just making it clear that the states are required to draw the new congressional districts they would be getting under the bill, in line with another one of his suggestions. I thought that would be assumed, but you can never know. If any of you have any questions or concerns about this, just reach out to me.

Finally, Senator Dayton suggested to me that when I submit the bill into the docket we should do a press conference. I like the idea, if any of you would be willing to join me and Sen. Dayton for a press conference please tell me so I can decide if we should do something like that.

Ahehee' all,
Kathleen Nez

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Velahor wrote:

"Thank you, I will be observing the debate very closely, and good luck."

“Thank you as well, I’ll see you soon,” replied Paulson

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Velahor wrote:
To: First Lady Eliza Wolf

Hello Ms. Wolf,

It was great catching up with you the other day in the White House! I just had a meeting with Arnold Jr., and we discussed the terribly hateful rhetoric being displayed by Bernard Porter’s campaign. He and I agreed that your husband could really make a statement that improves his legacy by denouncing Porter’s actions. I know that my pull isn’t very strong with the President, but I’m sure between you and Jr., he could be convinced. Obviously, this comes at a difficult time for you all, and I respect whatever choice you make. As a former Press Secretary, I can tell you that your husband’s legacy would greatly benefit from denouncing Porter’s actions, and I would shout his praises daily for standing up to Porter the totalitarian.

Thank you, and God bless,

Congresswoman Diane Paulson

After reading the email Eliza got out her phone and texted Junior:
Hey, did you meet with Rep. Paulson earlier today?

Eliza didn't quite know how to categorize her relationship with her eldest step-son. For one, no one tells you how to be Step-Mom, especially not in the 80s. Add into the mix that Eliza was 6 with Junior was born, that he was 12 when Eliza first worked for Arnold, that he was 14 when she became his Step-Mom, and the fact that the early years of the marriage were so full of finishing up college on her end and campaigning for the Presidency way back in 1988, and well, he was already 18 by the time married life set in. She had a different relationship with Junior to the one she did with her other two step-children, and that went without saying in her head.

Eliza let out of sigh after the brief trip down memory lane, wondering just how things got to the point she and everyone around her now found themselves in, before getting back to the day's work.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:02 pm

Alozia wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
Eliza, calmed down by now, decided to ask a question, "Just out of curiosity," She paused to take a sip of water, "In this hypothetical Tawney Administration what role would you want me to play as VP?"

"That would depend on the nature of my presidency." Tawney replied. "If I chose not to run for re-election in this scenario, I would have to co-operate with the nominee, in this case I think the best thing you could do is go on the campaign trail, trying to raise your profile for future political office, if you choose to seek it. If you wanted to focus on a specific issue or field we could discuss it, I wouldn't want to sideline you, by any means."

"I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking at a possible run in the future, and trust me, I wouldn't want you to sideline me either." She let out a light chuckle before asking a question, "Now you've got me curious, if you were to run for re-election, in this scenario of course, where would that put me?"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:03 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
To: [Rep. Atang], [Rep. Dietrich], [Rep. Simone], [Rep. Vohoffsky], [Sen. Anderson], [Sen. Dayton], [Sen. Frankston], [Sen. Goldman], [Sen. Merriam]
Subject: Updates on the Reapportionment Act of 2019

Hello All,

After recently talking with the Speaker, he gave a few recommendations to the bill. I'm reaching out to see how you all feel about them and if we want to add them to the bill. The first one was moving the first election year with the newly enlarged House from 2022 to 2024 and the second one was plainly writing out in the bill how many seats each state based on current projections.

I also want to notify all of you that I plan on adding in a section just making it clear that the states are required to draw the new congressional districts they would be getting under the bill, in line with another one of his suggestions. I thought that would be assumed, but you can never know. If any of you have any questions or concerns about this, just reach out to me.

Finally, Senator Dayton suggested to me that when I submit the bill into the docket we should do a press conference. I like the idea, if any of you would be willing to join me and Sen. Dayton for a press conference please tell me so I can decide if we should do something like that.

Ahehee' all,
Kathleen Nez

TO: [Representative Kathleen Nez]

Changes look good to me, and happy to appear at press conference. You're doing a really good job with this Kathleen! Call me when you're available, I want to run something past you.

Yours,

Carrie.

I have no objections to any of the above content. Would be happy to appear at press conference. Do you want me to say anything? Seeing as I was NH SOS for some time.

Yours,

Augusta Merriam
Senator from New Hampshire
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:05 pm

TO: [Senator Timothy Westra]

Hey Tim,

You're close with Frank Doyle, right? You have any idea why he's voting down Atang's anti-vaccine abuse bill? Could you have a word with him about it? I'm genuinely quite confused.

Yours,

Caroline Simone
U.S. Representative for the 12th District of the State of New York
Chair of the House Democratic Caucus
Neoliberal

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Atang watched the senate results on C-SPAN, exclaiming "Doyle you motherfucker!" when he saw his vote.

To: Rep. Simone

The hell is wrong with Doyle??
Left Without Edge

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Atang watched the senate results on C-SPAN, exclaiming "Doyle you motherfucker!" when he saw his vote.

To: Rep. Simone

The hell is wrong with Doyle??

TO: [Representative John Atang]

I've got no idea, John, I'm poking Senate colleagues to try to figure out what his deal is. Not sure if the bill would have cleared the Senate either way but that's no justification for Doyle practically abandoning all hope anyway. You did good work on this bill either way.

Yours,

Carrie
Neoliberal

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Changes look good to me, and happy to appear at press conference. You're doing a really good job with this Kathleen! Call me when you're available, I want to run something past you.

Yours,

Carrie.

I have no objections to any of the above content. Would be happy to appear at press conference. Do you want me to say anything? Seeing as I was NH SOS for some time.

Yours,

Augusta Merriam
Senator from New Hampshire

To: [Sen. Merriam]

Nothing in particular, although if you could bridge something about your role in that office to the bill that would be great. Oh, also, something about how this is a bipartisan bill, you're clearly the most "bipartisan", I don't feel like that's the word I'm looking for but it's the only thing that's coming to my head at the moment, co-sponsor on the bill so it would be great if that could come from you as well.

Ahehee,
Kathleen Nez

Nez took out her phone while lying out on her couch in her apartment in DC, finding Carrie in her contacts and dialing her up, and turned the TV down just a bit with the remote while she waited for the call to go through.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse