NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:11 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

Texas Special Election Debate

"So, you're keeping the money? Good to know."

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire: “Do I need to spell it out to you Mr. Cramp? I am not using my money to fund my campaign, NOT ONE CENT, and the FEC confirms that. But if you want to talk about things that should be renounced, let’s discuss the endorsement by Secretary Porter of you. Will you renounce and DENOUNCE the Secretary’s rallies and appearance alongside swastikas during his rallies? Denounce his appearances and rallies in your name?”

"See, there you have it folks: pivoting the argument when you're under pressure. You're keeping the millions of dollars from Brookshires, that's fine. But you are not running on your merits. I received the donations from hard-working Texans and small businesses, not from using my family as a slush-fund."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Fronket
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:11 pm

Suraj Shah
Texas Debate

Shah just smiled and shook his head as the Republicans tore at each other. He kinda wished he could pull out the popcorn.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Rep. Carrie Simone
@SimoneNY12

The choice before Texans is clear. Bold, assured leadership from Suraj Shah, or conservative chaos. Let's look to the adult in the room. #TexasDebate
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Manhattan, New York
Max Smith campaign offices
18th May 2019

The staff had been working on a plan of action, and they entered Smith's personal office, sweating nervously.

"What have you thought of, then?" Smith demanded.

His deputy chief of staff, Michael Stephens, took a deep breath, "it is unlikely that we can make a breakthrough. We have entered into this rate too late, and are looking as if we have a solid roof of 5-6% in terms of our possible support, and this rate is even lower in the southeast, at about 2-3%."

"What about that new strategy you were brewing?" Smith inquired.

"Governor... the strategy..." said Smith's campaign chief.

"There is no strategy out of this," interjected his chief of staff, "the best course of action is to suspend the explanatory committee."

Smith told his deputy campaign chief to shut the door, and he did so.

"What the hell?! I am your boss! You cannot simply ignore your boss's instructions. How dare you do such a thing?! Is this what you have all become? My closest advisors have been lying to me, embezzling my campaign funds on themselves, and look at these polls now as a result!! You and your beuracratic freinds are nothing but traitors to this campaign! Traitors!"

His deputy campaign chief interjected, "Governor, don't belittle your employees..."

"Incompetent, corrupt traitors!"

"Governor, please..."

"You scummy little people are not worth a dime from me! You're right, the committee is down, we're off, you're all fired, bye!"

Smith spent the next night in the hotel, where he prepared a statement he would give at the governor's mansion tommorow, and had cancelled all prospective events.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
(Image)
Rep. Carrie Simone
@SimoneNY12

The choice before Texans is clear. Bold, assured leadership from Suraj Shah, or conservative chaos. Let's look to the adult in the room. #TexasDebate

Liked and retweeted by @JohnAtangNY3
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

(Image)
Brookshire: “Do I need to spell it out to you Mr. Cramp? I am not using my money to fund my campaign, NOT ONE CENT, and the FEC confirms that. But if you want to talk about things that should be renounced, let’s discuss the endorsement by Secretary Porter of you. Will you renounce and DENOUNCE the Secretary’s rallies and appearance alongside swastikas during his rallies? Denounce his appearances and rallies in your name?”

"See, there you have it folks: pivoting the argument when you're under pressure. You're keeping the millions of dollars from Brookshires, that's fine. But you are not running on your merits. I received the donations from hard-working Texans and small businesses, not from using my family as a slush-fund."

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire: “I am not pivoting the conversation. I will say it again: I am not using my family money to fund my campaign. The facts are simply that and I will not indulge anymore in these lies of whether or not I’m pro-life when I am pro-life. Of whether or not I’m self-funding, which I’m not using my family money.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:21 pm

(Image)
Rep. Carrie Simone
@SimoneNY12

Liked and retweeted by @CongressmanPapazian
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:23 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Busier than most might expect... would you mind if we talk in the Garden rather than my office?"

"Not at all, ma'am. You can call me Jonah if you like." He smiled softly, nodding as he went to walk with Eliza towards the garden. "How have you been holding up in the circumstances?"

"Well, you can call me Eliza if you'd like too." She commented as the pair walked to the garden, "It was shocking at first, now it's the, well... I don't really know how to explain it, the frustration of it all," She paused as the pair walked into the garden, sighing and feeling the sun on her skin, "I've always known I would have to deal with this someday, I just didn't think it would be how it is, I thought it'd be old age or something, not, you know, brain cancer."

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:23 pm

Corona, California

Park sighed and put his face in his hands as he saw the disastrous debate in Texas.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:24 pm

(Image)
Rep. Carrie Simone
@SimoneNY12

Liked by @KathleenNez

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:25 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Well, you can call me Eliza if you'd like too." She commented as the pair walked to the garden, "It was shocking at first, now it's the, well... I don't really know how to explain it, the frustration of it all," She paused as the pair walked into the garden, sighing and feeling the sun on her skin, "I've always known I would have to deal with this someday, I just didn't think it would be how it is, I thought it'd be old age or something, not, you know, brain cancer."

"It's horrible to think about. I'm sorry you have to go through this, Eliza. I... I wanted to let you know that I'd be looking to help give to the presidential library after his presidency, and... if I'm President, I want to work with you to give him the funeral that you feel would be best for him."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Congressman Davit Papazian
@CongressmanPapazian

At this moment, I would like to wholeheartedly endorse Suraj Shah for Senator of Texas in this special election. What we see here is Republicans playing out their partisan in-fighting through two under-qualified puppets, and a Democrat standing firm for policy, principle, and the people. #TexasDebate #RumbleInTheJungle #JungleDebate

Papazian sends Shah a text:

good job tonight buddy! check twitter. u owe me 1. talk soon

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:41 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Well, you can call me Eliza if you'd like too." She commented as the pair walked to the garden, "It was shocking at first, now it's the, well... I don't really know how to explain it, the frustration of it all," She paused as the pair walked into the garden, sighing and feeling the sun on her skin, "I've always known I would have to deal with this someday, I just didn't think it would be how it is, I thought it'd be old age or something, not, you know, brain cancer."

"It's horrible to think about. I'm sorry you have to go through this, Eliza. I... I wanted to let you know that I'd be looking to help give to the presidential library after his presidency, and... if I'm President, I want to work with you to give him the funeral that you feel would be best for him."

"That's nice of you to say Jonah," She said, comforted by the Governor's statement, although personally unsure if her Husband would even make it to 2021, "I appreciate that. So what brings you to DC then?" She asked with a hint of wanting to change the subject in her voice.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:45 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"That's nice of you to say Jonah," She said, comforted by the Governor's statement, although personally unsure if her Husband would even make it to 2021, "I appreciate that. So what brings you to DC then?" She asked with a hint of wanting to change the subject in her voice.

"Well, I wanted to make sure you knew you had my support, and I was curious as to what you want to do. You're a very capable Republican woman, and with your generally socially liberal lean, represent the future of where the Republican Party has to go in order to survive. There's a definite future for you in the Party. I want to know what you want to do, and what you need from me to do it."
Neoliberal

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:59 pm

Brookshire For Senate
@Brookshire4Senate
The complete lies that have been leveled against the Brookshire campaign are downright despicable and WRONG. Links to FEC listings are now available on our website as well as the pro-life policies supported by Karen since day one! #FightForAmerica!

Brookshire For Senate
@Brookshire4Senate
Karen Brookshire will continue to hold Mr. Randy Cramp accountable for his lies and will not allow him to hijack this campaign in his attempt to desperately remain relevant. #FightForAmerica!

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:09 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"That's nice of you to say Jonah," She said, comforted by the Governor's statement, although personally unsure if her Husband would even make it to 2021, "I appreciate that. So what brings you to DC then?" She asked with a hint of wanting to change the subject in her voice.

"Well, I wanted to make sure you knew you had my support, and I was curious as to what you want to do. You're a very capable Republican woman, and with your generally socially liberal lean, represent the future of where the Republican Party has to go in order to survive. There's a definite future for you in the Party. I want to know what you want to do, and what you need from me to do it."

"Well shit, didn't expect him to bring it there," She thought to herself as Jonah spoke. "Well to be quite frank, I don't think I'd be much of a surprise to say I'd want to be more involved in the future than most of my predecessors. Nothing against them of course, I have a lot of respect for them," Thinking for a second, realizing that it might not be the best idea to give away her secrets, she decided to ask a question instead, "Of course I have my own ideas, but I find myself curious about where you think my future in our party and country belongs."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:12 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Well shit, didn't expect him to bring it there," She thought to herself as Jonah spoke. "Well to be quite frank, I don't think I'd be much of a surprise to say I'd want to be more involved in the future than most of my predecessors. Nothing against them of course, I have a lot of respect for them," Thinking for a second, realizing that it might not be the best idea to give away her secrets, she decided to ask a question instead, "Of course I have my own ideas, but I find myself curious about where you think my future in our party and country belongs."

"You'd be a good Senator for Maine, I'm sure we could move (not-Collins) somewhere more... convenient. I'll want your help after this ugly, ugly primary to help reform and repair the Republican Party. If Senate doesn't suit you, I'm sure an ambassadorship or another place in the Administration could be found. It is time you had your chance to lead and be in the limelight, Eliza."
Neoliberal

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“You’re surprised a libertarian would say that, huh? The way I see it, we haven’t been able to get a true repeal together for awhile now. So instead, I want to gut a lot of it, but healthcare is going to be at the center of the general election, so my plan is a skinny-repeal with amendments for market incentives and deregulation. You’ll probably also see energy legislation, it is my plan to make energy, both clean energy and fossil fuels, more affordable for everyday American consumers, and I have already begun to assemble people willing to make that happen.”

"Texan oil and coal would love to hear it," he stroked his chin, contemplating for a moment the idea of calling it a skinny repeal while saying she'd retain the framework of the ACA, "I have to be honest, Congresswoman, I have some concerns about your path to victory. Short of peeling votes away from Richardson-Bragg type of candidates, what is your path to victory? A good finish in Iowa then a win in New Hampshire? Wolf won almost everything from New Hampshire onward if you recall, but he had the money to back himself. How do you see yourself as a viable candidate?"

"This is where you come in," remarked Diane, after taking a bit to ponder the things the senator had mentioned. "You're right, the plan is to finish well in Iowa and then take New Hampshire. I'm from New Hampshire, even though I represent Maine now. I've always lived in a small town near the border of the two, so now I'm the only person to serve in Congress in two different states since 1971. Anyway. My path to victory. First of all, my campaign has a head-start on the others in incorporating a lot of the marketing and imaging of Wolf Sr.'s 2016 campaign, and it's focus-grouping well at this point. We have a great ground game as my speaking engagements over the years have built my ties with College Republican and Young Americans for Liberty groups, and I've honestly never seen such great youth support for a Republican in years, not even the (not-Pauls). We also have major funding backers in tech and an associate of the (not-Kochs) has formed a Super PAC to support me. I don't just see myself as a viable candidate, the facts speak for themselves. If any campaign here has the machine built for success, it's mine."

"But back to where you come in, I just said I had all the ingredients for a campaign. I forgot one ingredient. Texas. You can't be a good Republican candidate without being strong in Texas. I plan to win Texas, and I am asking for your help. The dominos are in place for me to win. I have the financial backers. I have the ground support. I have a broad coalition of allies waiting for the right time to endorse me, and I have solid cabinet choices aligned should the opportunity come. But I need an anchor in Texas. Someone who has been consistently reelected to their seat, who is a wise, stable presence to counterbalance my unorthodox approach to Republican policy. That's the kind of person I need for my Vice President. That's what the Democrats did with Baharia and (not-Biden), one was the winds of change that got people excited, the other was the steady, dependable presence who had always been in Washington reassuring the people that the change that was coming was good change. It was a good strategy in my opinion, and now it could be used for good rather than evil, if you get what I'm saying."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:38 pm

TEXAS DEBATE QUESTION #4

Gomez: Right now the United States is booming in terms of domestic energy production, Texas specifically is getting great economic benefit from fracking but some critics suggest it has a negative environmental impact. Do you support fracking and what does America’s energy future look like?

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarenium » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:39 pm

Velahor wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
"Texan oil and coal would love to hear it," he stroked his chin, contemplating for a moment the idea of calling it a skinny repeal while saying she'd retain the framework of the ACA, "I have to be honest, Congresswoman, I have some concerns about your path to victory. Short of peeling votes away from Richardson-Bragg type of candidates, what is your path to victory? A good finish in Iowa then a win in New Hampshire? Wolf won almost everything from New Hampshire onward if you recall, but he had the money to back himself. How do you see yourself as a viable candidate?"

"This is where you come in," remarked Diane, after taking a bit to ponder the things the senator had mentioned. "You're right, the plan is to finish well in Iowa and then take New Hampshire. I'm from New Hampshire, even though I represent Maine now. I've always lived in a small town near the border of the two, so now I'm the only person to serve in Congress in two different states since 1971. Anyway. My path to victory. First of all, my campaign has a head-start on the others in incorporating a lot of the marketing and imaging of Wolf Sr.'s 2016 campaign, and it's focus-grouping well at this point. We have a great ground game as my speaking engagements over the years have built my ties with College Republican and Young Americans for Liberty groups, and I've honestly never seen such great youth support for a Republican in years, not even the (not-Pauls). We also have major funding backers in tech and an associate of the (not-Kochs) has formed a Super PAC to support me. I don't just see myself as a viable candidate, the facts speak for themselves. If any campaign here has the machine built for success, it's mine."

"But back to where you come in, I just said I had all the ingredients for a campaign. I forgot one ingredient. Texas. You can't be a good Republican candidate without being strong in Texas. I plan to win Texas, and I am asking for your help. The dominos are in place for me to win. I have the financial backers. I have the ground support. I have a broad coalition of allies waiting for the right time to endorse me, and I have solid cabinet choices aligned should the opportunity come. But I need an anchor in Texas. Someone who has been consistently reelected to their seat, who is a wise, stable presence to counterbalance my unorthodox approach to Republican policy. That's the kind of person I need for my Vice President. That's what the Democrats did with Baharia and (not-Biden), one was the winds of change that got people excited, the other was the steady, dependable presence who had always been in Washington reassuring the people that the change that was coming was good change. It was a good strategy in my opinion, and now it could be used for good rather than evil, if you get what I'm saying."

He was surprised, he had expected cabinet offers, Secretarial roles, but Vice President was different.

"So if I float your campaign's success in Texas and give you the national name recognition, probably sprinkle some names in there, I would have the joy being a Vice Presidential candidate?" he replied, "I must say, I'm neither in the habit of, nor am I interested in getting into the habit of, endorsing early. I can tell you that if you secure the nomination and in July of next year you ask for me to take on that spot on the ticket, I would honourably consider it. However, I want to see how you do in the debates. Bring Wolfy down a peg and compete well ahead of Iowa, I intend to endorse near Iowa."
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Dentali wrote:TEXAS DEBATE QUESTION #4

Gomez: Right now the United States is booming in terms of domestic energy production, Texas specifically is getting great economic benefit from fracking but some critics suggest it has a negative environmental impact. Do you support fracking and what does America’s energy future look like?

Texas Senate Debate
Austin, Texas
May 16th, 2019

Brookshire had composed herself and answered.

“Fracking supports American jobs, both here in Texas and in so many other states. And fracking has been shown to not only reduce carbon emissions but be a way for America to finally start becoming energy independent. And that’s my goal for America’s energy future: finally become energy independent and to export it across the world. So that this great country can be free of dependence on foreign oil and so that millions of Americans do not lose their jobs to so-called environmental laws.

“My position has been and continues to be that I’ll expand fracking and help create thousands of jobs because of it.”

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:05 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Well shit, didn't expect him to bring it there," She thought to herself as Jonah spoke. "Well to be quite frank, I don't think I'd be much of a surprise to say I'd want to be more involved in the future than most of my predecessors. Nothing against them of course, I have a lot of respect for them," Thinking for a second, realizing that it might not be the best idea to give away her secrets, she decided to ask a question instead, "Of course I have my own ideas, but I find myself curious about where you think my future in our party and country belongs."

"You'd be a good Senator for Maine, I'm sure we could move (not-Collins) somewhere more... convenient. I'll want your help after this ugly, ugly primary to help reform and repair the Republican Party. If Senate doesn't suit you, I'm sure an ambassadorship or another place in the Administration could be found. It is time you had your chance to lead and be in the limelight, Eliza."

"Luckily for you, it appears we're on similar pages then. I'm not saying I'm 100% running, but I also wouldn't say [Not-Collins] shouldn't be watching her back, from every angle. And that's only one possibility, after all, things can certainly turn out in ways no one expects. And if you were asking me, I do agree that it's high time I get my fair share of real power around here. I'd take it that if I do end up running for Senate, you'd be willing to endorse me then?"

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Velahor wrote:

He was surprised, he had expected cabinet offers, Secretarial roles, but Vice President was different.

"So if I float your campaign's success in Texas and give you the national name recognition, probably sprinkle some names in there, I would have the joy being a Vice Presidential candidate?" he replied, "I must say, I'm neither in the habit of, nor am I interested in getting into the habit of, endorsing early. I can tell you that if you secure the nomination and in July of next year you ask for me to take on that spot on the ticket, I would honourably consider it. However, I want to see how you do in the debates. Bring Wolfy down a peg and compete well ahead of Iowa, I intend to endorse near Iowa."

“That’s what I’m saying exactly,” she replied, with a smile. “Yes, what I would be looking for is your help in Texas. Endorsing early wouldn’t be in either of our best interest, I encourage you to take your time and see how my campaign does. I’ve been practicing for the debates for awhile, and I think Wolf and all of those guys up on stage will see that I’m a real threat to win because of my performance. By 1 month until Iowa, I intend to be at least in second nationally. I’m already in theory in fourth, because we both know that Porter won’t win.”

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:07 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Luckily for you, it appears we're on similar pages then. I'm not saying I'm 100% running, but I also wouldn't say [Not-Collins] shouldn't be watching her back, from every angle. And that's only one possibility, after all, things can certainly turn out in ways no one expects. And if you were asking me, I do agree that it's high time I get my fair share of real power around here. I'd take it that if I do end up running for Senate, you'd be willing to endorse me then?"

"Absolutely. I'll even stump for you. I've had a warm reception in Maine and it's a state which I find a real affinity with." He nodded, finding the garden stroll quite relaxing if nothing else. (Not-Collins) is, irrespective of policy, dithering and weak. You project strength and confidence. Voters are attracted to that. And if we're going to hold that Maine seat this coming election, we can't go into it with a weak candidate."
Neoliberal

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:24 pm

Velahor wrote:
Sanabel wrote:"I do have infrastructure plans. First, one of my signature policies is to devote 15% of the federal budget to municipalities and counties where 15% of the population or more is living below the poverty line. This would send billions of dollars to rural counties and highly urbanized counties where infrastructure development is most desperately needed, including in your home state. This would allow for a more devolved approach to infrastructure repairs. But that is not all I am calling for- if you have followed my interviews, I've been calling for infrastructure and power grid overhaul, and to invest billions of dollars in not only fixing our roads and bridges, but also expanding the inter-state and expanding our passenger rails. You know, under my tenure as governor we have been developing a prototype high speed rail in Florida- as you have here in California as well. I would like to use those projects as a model, should they succeed, and really revolutionize public transportation in this country."

“That’s really reassuring to hear. I need to know that whoever I endorse is dedicated to these kind of projects. That takes a certain type of Democrat, not a mushy business moderate, and not a social issues progressive who doesn’t think about these things. Infrastructure helps everyone from the top to the bottom. No other government concern is more ubiquitous. It sounds like you fit the bill. So I’m curious, as I have been given some offers, are you in the market for an HUD or Transportation Secretary?”

“Absolutely. The only cabinet members I have lined up- and this stays between us- are John Atang in Education, and Caroline Simone in State. I would certainly consider you for either- especially Transportation, given your background and clear understanding of the need for infrastructure reform in this country.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse