NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 am

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Wolf hasn't been all bad, the tax simplification and regulatory reform have been great."

"When the first bathroom bill came to my desk it literally denied trans people the ability to sue in court for being fired based on their sex and gender identity. I vetoed proudly. They came back with a much more moderate bill, now i caught absolute hell for it but I would do it again. I will do that federally if I have to, and I sure as hell won't pick justices that'll overturn Oberfell."

"I plan on being very active getting people elected, and with me at the top of the ticket we stand a good chance of winning back the moderate districts we lost in 18. That will certainly strengthen your hand. Additionally I will be appointing a certain Senator from New Hampshire my AG should I win, who I expect to take both parties down a peg."

"The Current minority leader... you may have seen... stabbed me in the back. So I will likely be looking for someone I can trust to replace him. But I can't move mountains to make anyone that leader."

“So we have the same AG pick...” remarked Diane, thinking of what else to respond with.

“I’m still contemplating if Senate or House is right for me in 2020 should the primary not work out,” replied Diane. “Now obviously, I may be a tough sell for some as minority leader, but if that’s even a remote possibility, I want to try my hand at it. I’m staying hush on Wolf and his policies publicly to keep on the Wolf Pack’s good side. And a lot of those moderate districts we win back will have younger and newer candidates who are probably more like me than past Congresses. So if it’s a possibility, I want to make it happen. It would mutually help the both of us to get someone in there with some sense.”

"I hate to break it to you but if you think being 'hush' on the policies is good enough you're dead wrong. I praise Wolf daily and apparently i'm not kissing his ass enough to be good enough for them. I obviously can't promise you minority leader but I can greatly increase your influence, and let you help me pick someone more acceptable to your end of the party."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 am

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“So we have the same AG pick...” remarked Diane, thinking of what else to respond with.

“I’m still contemplating if Senate or House is right for me in 2020 should the primary not work out,” replied Diane. “Now obviously, I may be a tough sell for some as minority leader, but if that’s even a remote possibility, I want to try my hand at it. I’m staying hush on Wolf and his policies publicly to keep on the Wolf Pack’s good side. And a lot of those moderate districts we win back will have younger and newer candidates who are probably more like me than past Congresses. So if it’s a possibility, I want to make it happen. It would mutually help the both of us to get someone in there with some sense.”

"I hate to break it to you but if you think being 'hush' on the policies is good enough you're dead wrong. I praise Wolf daily and apparently i'm not kissing his ass enough to be good enough for them. I obviously can't promise you minority leader but I can greatly increase your influence, and let you help me pick someone more acceptable to your end of the party."

“Good to note. The Wolf movement is so toxic in my mind, I have a heard time remembering that most people who voted for me voted for him too.” She paused, scribbling down a quick note.

Paulson then continued, “That’s worth it to me when it comes to the house. And if I’m not either re-elected or elected to Senate in 2020, I’ll ask that you consider me for cabinet, but I’m not going to push you too much for it. Say I stay in and win the presidential primary though? Where do you see yourself then?”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:35 am

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“Good to note. The Wolf movement is so toxic in my mind, I have a heard time remembering that most people who voted for me voted for him too.” She paused, scribbling down a quick note.

Paulson then continued, “That’s worth it to me when it comes to the house. And if I’m not either re-elected or elected to Senate in 2020, I’ll ask that you consider me for cabinet, but I’m not going to push you too much for it. Say I stay in and win the presidential primary though? Where do you see yourself then?”

“I promised my wife a vacation somewhere sunny... I’m more interested in being a senator and my own boss. I could be persuaded into a cabinet role but we would have to be a damn good offer... if you served I. My cabinet where would you see yourself? I don’t want to offer anyone else the role if you have a preference.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:14 pm

Nathaniel Richardson
Faith & Freedom Coalition Spring Kickoff, Iowa
May 11th, 2019

Richardson was a traditional convservative, as such he had benefited greatly from the Tea Party movement. His commitment to fiscal conservatism, individual liberty, tax cuts, and to getting conservatives elected had won him points in the quarter. The bridge between the Tea Party and the evangelical wings of the party was the Faith & Freedom Coalition.

He had attended many of the organization's events over the years but had never spoken at one. That would change tonight.

“Good Evening, its a pleasure to be here… Thank you for inviting me to speak tonight and thank you all for the hard work you have done and will do on behalf of Faith and Freedom.

My late father used to say “some are ordained but we were all called to minister.” That has something that has stuck with me throughout my time as Governor of North Carolina, I saw the worst of humanity, the worst of nature. In my years as Governor I have seen strife and poverty, pain and suffering, we have endured acts of reckless and deadly, truly awesome storms, and an Opioid crisis that has devastated the entire country.

I cannot tell you the number of families I have sat with and comforted, who have lost their homes, their sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, have seen their lives uprooted in terrible and unexpected ways. I cannot tell you how many times when I was trying to comfort them, they ended up giving me strength. They did it through demonstrating faith and grace. It has continually inspired me, given me hope and strength, it shows God’s ability to cut through it all and truly touch people even in the darkest times.

I am grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to serve my community in Congress, and my State as Governor. The experience has made me a better man and a better Christian, I was surrounded every day by those who gave amazing testimony on what it meant to really be a Christian and to serve. I met people who spent every day on the corners of bad neighborhoods talking to gang members and drug dealers, trying to convince them to turn their lives around. I met those who dropped everything to build homes and shelter those who lost everything in a storm. I met those who commit themselves to improving the world one life at a time.

I actually brought with me today a t-shirt from the 90s, a “Christian Coalition” shirt I got while working with the organization as they expanded out of Virginia. I was thinking back on those early days as we really got the movement going and recognized just how far we have come. I got this from a young woman who had been adopted, her biological mother being only 16. She was forever grateful that her biological mother chose to give her a chance and wanted to make sure more babies had that chance.

Whenever I fight for the rights of the unborn I think about her and the incredible woman she has become since, the impact she has had on my life and countless other lives, and how less rich the world would be if she wasn’t in it.

Faith and Freedom have been the cornerstones of our country since its inception. Freedoms and endowed by our Creator, and some of those freedoms are defined by our Constitution, and each and every day those freedoms are defended by men and women across the country. Men and Women in uniform defending our nation, making it great and securing those blessings of liberty. Thank you all, and please stand and be recognized

(Applause)

As much as we talk about freedom it doesn’t work without our men and women in uniform. It also doesn’t work without faith, without ministry. A lot of people read the Constitution and seem to think it guarantees freedom FROM religion, not freedom OF religion. It says that no state or government should demand what religious faith you practice, or establish one. Many of their states were founded by colonists fleeing religious persecution and seeking to practice freely, so that makes sense. But the founders also recognized the importance of faith, and the need to respect the rights of others. Religious freedom is now under assault in our country, this is the new front line for us and we cannot falter, we must not allow the Government to infringe on those rights.

One of my great heroes, President Eisenhower, had always been very spiritual but had not been baptized until after he entered office. One of my favorite quotes of his is this

"Since the day of creation, the fondest hopes of men and women have been to pass on to their children something better than they themselves enjoyed. That hope represents a spark of the Divine which is implanted in every human breast."

I cannot speak for you all, but to me at least that is the American dream. The spark of the American dream. His pursuit of peace was his first and foremost goal as President, a man of war, a general who wanted peace more than anything else. He put ‘under God’ in the Pledge of Allegiance, made ‘In God We Trust’ our national motto and held the first national prayer breakfast.

I believe in the power of prayer, it is a direct line to the Infinite, the Almighty, as we are imperfect so are our prayers, but we can move beyond that and reach something that ties us together. The idea that our free government is founded on a faith in something greater than than government. Faith and prayer transcends the cruelty of the world, its materialism and suffering, and as such transcends our nation to something greater than an earth nation, faith is indispensable.

It is our faith that tells us that our Government is all too often not really working for the people. We are fallible, we are imperfect and human, a Government being run by us cannot have all the answers. But in a nation that believes in God less and less, more and more people turn to Government as God, they treat big government solutions as infallible, individual leaders as infallible. But the Constitution calls on us not only to reject that notion but to actively constrain the Government

America is not just a land mass between two oceans, it is an idea, it is a set of principles that are more than any earthly policy or can be held within borders. It is so vital today, that in a nation so divided and so partisan, full of anger and rage boiling over, that we are reminded of those founding principles and the exceptionalism of our country.

Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Freedom to defend yourself and your family, Freedom from oppressive taxation, Freedom to choose your own healthcare, Freedom to choose your child’s education, Freedom of Conscience, Freedom from tyranny both foreign and domestic.

I’d like to close today with variation on a prayer Eisenhower gave during his first inauguration speech, something I used in both of mine.

"Almighty God, as we stand here at this moment, public servants and ministers of faith and freedom, and beseech You that Thou will make full and complete our dedication to the service of the people in this throng."

Its men and women of courage like yourselves, with faith and dedication to service in your hearts that will bring the change our country needs. Thank you, and God Bless.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:43 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:

“I promised my wife a vacation somewhere sunny... I’m more interested in being a senator and my own boss. I could be persuaded into a cabinet role but we would have to be a damn good offer... if you served I. My cabinet where would you see yourself? I don’t want to offer anyone else the role if you have a preference.”

Diane chuckled a bit. “I’ve been offered Treasury by another candidate and would possibly be comfortable in that position. But my passion for diplomacy and love of traveling also would make me an interesting pick for Secretary of State or UN Ambassador. The cabinet is typically very specialized, and as a writer I’m not particularly suited for those specialties, so I am very flexible. I take it you have a plan for VP? I myself am waiting until later so I don’t get burned on that one.”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:43 pm

Noko Poodle wrote:Norm Lee
Governor's Office

Norm is feeling happy after the latest vote, he now knows the bill will become law. He knows his state senate and trusts their judgement, in fact he only had to make a couple calls for some potential swayers but irregardless of them the bill would have passed resoundingly.

Norm turns his attention back to the national race and calls another candidate governor he'd been meaning to call.

Norm dials in the Nebraska area code for Jack Chambers...

"Hello this is Jack Chambers, who is this?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:48 pm

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Diane chuckled a bit. “I’ve been offered Treasury by another candidate and would possibly be comfortable in that position. But my passion for diplomacy and love of traveling also would make me an interesting pick for Secretary of State or UN Ambassador. The cabinet is typically very specialized, and as a writer I’m not particularly suited for those specialties, so I am very flexible. I take it you have a plan for VP? I myself am waiting until later so I don’t get burned on that one.”

"I do have a plan for VP, and i'm happy to say she has accepted. Treasury you'd be a natural at, as UN ambassador or SoS I think you would perform well. I would just need to be certain you could work in concert with me towards a common goal when it comes to foreign policy."

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Casper, Wyoming

Michelle was in her office in Casper, dealing with the issues that the local population had. She was filling out some forms when her phone began to ring. She reached over to it and answered.

"Hello, Michelle Brown speaking."
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:

"I do have a plan for VP, and i'm happy to say she has accepted. Treasury you'd be a natural at, as UN ambassador or SoS I think you would perform well. I would just need to be certain you could work in concert with me towards a common goal when it comes to foreign policy."

Paulson let out an inaudible sigh, took a breath, and replied to Richardson.

“You know that I’m strongly anti-war and prefer diplomacy. But as your Secretary of State, the top priority would be to pursue your foreign policy agenda through these means. I don’t believe in regime-change wars, but I do believe in defending our foreign interests and having a robust defense system. Now, I get that it would be a big move to put me in such a position, so I won’t hold my breath, but keep it in mind. I truly believe that my attitude toward foreign policy will rebuild alliances that have suffered due to our hasty foreign policy decision making.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“You know that I’m strongly anti-war and prefer diplomacy. But as your Secretary of State, the top priority would be to pursue your foreign policy agenda through these means. I don’t believe in regime-change wars, but I do believe in defending our foreign interests and having a robust defense system. Now, I get that it would be a big move to put me in such a position, so I won’t hold my breath, but keep it in mind. I truly believe that my attitude toward foreign policy will rebuild alliances that have suffered due to our hasty foreign policy decision making.”

"I'd rather have you as UN Ambassador, if thats the case. I need someone to take on Russia and China on the international stage, someone to defend Israel and the honor of the country in that institution. Jeane Kirkpatrick would be a model, though I wouldn't be as enthusiastic about supporting authoritarian regimes.
And of course you would have to make your own road."
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:53 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:

"I'd rather have you as UN Ambassador, if thats the case. I need someone to take on Russia and China on the international stage, someone to defend Israel and the honor of the country in that institution. Jeane Kirkpatrick would be a model, though I wouldn't be as enthusiastic about supporting authoritarian regimes.

“I’d be very comfortable in that type of role. We need somebody to go out and assert America’s place at the top and ensure that neither Russia nor China becomes a Soviet-like authoritarian threat to our position of economic dominance,” replied Paulson. “I think that my unique background and international reputation as a peace advocate would send a message to our allies that we are looking for international cooperation and mutual prosperity, and my robust position on national sovereignty would deter foreign interference in our nation’s affairs.”

“Back on the Vice Presidential topic, you’re on my list for certain. My reservations aren’t with you but with making sure to choose someone who will keep the Wolf fanatics on my side rather than picking someone those voters dislike and risking a third party bid from someone in their circle. I’m going to wait it out and see which voters follow who when people start dropping out, it’s the only way for me to ensure that I appeal to the broadest electorate.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“I’d be very comfortable in that type of role. We need somebody to go out and assert America’s place at the top and ensure that neither Russia nor China becomes a Soviet-like authoritarian threat to our position of economic dominance,” replied Paulson. “I think that my unique background and international reputation as a peace advocate would send a message to our allies that we are looking for international cooperation and mutual prosperity, and my robust position on national sovereignty would deter foreign interference in our nation’s affairs.”

“Back on the Vice Presidential topic, you’re on my list for certain. My reservations aren’t with you but with making sure to choose someone who will keep the Wolf fanatics on my side rather than picking someone those voters dislike and risking a third party bid from someone in their circle. I’m going to wait it out and see which voters follow who when people start dropping out, it’s the only way for me to ensure that I appeal to the broadest electorate.”

“As much as I am honored by the consideration I think you are better served with member of the tea party or populist factions of the party. I would serve if asked, I don’t believe in the Sherman statement... and I would campaign hard regardless of serving in your administration.”

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:

“As much as I am honored by the consideration I think you are better served with member of the tea party or populist factions of the party. I would serve if asked, I don’t believe in the Sherman statement... and I would campaign hard regardless of serving in your administration.”

“Well Governor, it’s been good to talk. I’m sure we’re going to run into each other a lot more over the next few months. Last thing, if I didn’t already make it clear, you have my support if you win the primary. I’ll likely support whoever the party chooses unless we, God forbid, end up with Porter or Burgun. I’ll even back Wolf Jr. in spite of the obvious nepotism. But out of anyone else in this race, if someone besides me were to win, I’d prefer it to be you. Treating others respectfully and remaining civil is a matter of deep importance to me, and you fit the bill. So keep up the good work, and I will as well, and may the best of us all win.”

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:49 pm

Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
Colorado
Monday 13th May, 2019

Grand Junction

Colorado was another purple state that Jonah needed to demonstrate strength in in order to justify his electability pitch. It was also a Super Tuesday state in which he needed to do well, and so he was eager to build his support there. He had a two pronged strategy - to big up his conservative credentials in a very conservative section of the state, and then to restate his 'square deal for suburbia' pitch in Denver like he had in El Paso.

His two speeches in Grand Junction would both be conducted at the Western Colorado Botanical Gardens, an inviting and warm venue that'd provide a lovely sense of bedazzlement to his guests, be it the oil and gas workers and their families that he'd be receiving in the early morning speech or the farmers he'd be entertaining with the late morning speech, for whom breakfast and brunch would be served in turn.

"Good morning, Grand Junction! Good morning, Colorado!

Grand Junction is a city that has experienced the terror of being abandoned by its investors. When Exxon pulled the carpet out from underneath you on Black Sunday, it threw your community into chaos. The oil shale market here could be something much greater and much more promising, something much more secure - there's enough oil here to keep the U.S. going for decades. But uncertainty deprives your communities of much deserved security and peace of mind, and that's a very sad thing. You deserve better than broken promises and a lack of conviction.

Since the collapse of the oil industry here in the '70s thanks to the moribund, feckless President Carter, you've adapted and grown stronger, diversifying into a broad based economy that can support your community. But the oil market is still an important factor in your continuing prosperity. An important factor that needs to be defended. It has been good for Grand Junction, good for Colorado, and good for these United States that the Grand Junction shale industry be protected and supported.

But is that good enough for Democrats? Like hell it is. In fact, so vulgar and intense is their war on hydrocarbons that they're stumping up legislation to outlaw it, all on the basis of faulty and unproven science, and then being smug and smarmy about it as if they're doing us all a favor! No, Senator Winthrop; no, Senator Murphy; no, Senator Westra; we do not subscribe to your hysterical desire to destroy cities like Grand Junction. We do not feel morally richer for casting millions of Americans out of their jobs and sending their families into poverty to suit your special interest agenda! We will not stand for an America which seeks to abandon its hardworking hydrocarbon workers in favor of spending millions on the Chinese-controlled rare Earth metals to build white elephant solar plants that cannot be relied upon to consistently fuel our energy needs!

The lack of awareness coming from Democrats about the real needs of ordinary Americans like you is shocking. If someone outside of politics expressed such a totally skewed outlook on the real world, we wouldn't be rewarding them with a salary of $174,000 a year, we'd be having them locked in a padded cell wearing a special white jacket! I dare people like them to come out here to communities like Grand Junction and look decent, hardworking people like you in the face when they say they're going to make America better by destroying the industries that are the lifeline of your community. They won't do it. No Democrat is ever prepared to face the human cost of their far-fetched idealisms.

I reject the idea of turning people's right to enjoy the dignity and reward of work into a political issue. Your jobs should be safe from the whims of people like that, whose narrow-minded, ideological agendas are based around a fundamental idea that it is the 'enlightened senators' who know best for the ordinary working man. You need the assurance, the protection, of a determined, Republican President willing to stand up to those people and say no. For three years now, President Wolf has been that man. And when he leaves office, I want to be the man to pick up the torch and continue his good works.

If I become your President, I promise that there will be no compromise on your jobs, no compromise on the lifelines that keep your communities alive. I will protect the oil jobs, I will protect the gas jobs, just as I have protected the coal workers of West Virginia! Anything like the Off Fossil Fuels Act will be vetoed, no question about it! There are times to make deals with Democrats, and there are times to hold firm, and on this issue, moreso than many other issues, we need to hold firm! We have to draw a line in the sand and say 'no deal'! Because if we don't, the human price will be too high.

My energy policy is all-American. We need to keep energy cheap for American consumers, and we need to produce enough that we can create more energy jobs in the US - so we can export electricity from Nunavut to Tierra del Fuego, and even more! Shipping liquid natural gas to European markets that need to end their dependence on the Russian market, supporting the oil market in developing industries so they won't be at the mercy of predatory, dangerous, evil empires like Russia and Iran! We can achieve not only an economic boom, but achieve major foreign policy goals through the power of American industry and energy production! You are the warriors on the front line of that battle, and you are magnificent!

As President, I am committed to continuing to revise and streamline the overzealous powers of the E.P.A. and the extremist provisions of climate legislation to ensure that our energy producers can continue to produce. I will open new areas to exploration, to continue the growth of that market and ensure that there will continue to be jobs for you for years to come - your children need not grow up with the anxiety of wondering whether there will be a job for them - there will be a job! Taxation needs to be brought down to manageable levels, to continue investment from the top and to make your wages pay from the bottom. These are all very achievable if we keep fighting for our communities and rejecting the empty, dangerous rhetoric of the Democratic Party.

Grand Junction is a city that is proud of its bounty and its wealth. Whose great achievements show a religious dedication to an economy based on merit, rather than ideological socialism. It is in places like this that the Cold War was won, not Washington. You are the victors, the heroes, the champions of that struggle, who sustained the glory of American capitalism, the promise that honest work will convey honest pay. Across this country and across the world, people look to the men and women of Grand Junction as the aspiration. I thank you for your invaluable role in our society, and I hope that when the primaries come to Colorado, you will give me your trust and support as we move forward.

Thank you for listening, you've been a wonderful audience. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!"

Helping his staff clean up between the two morning speeches, he made sure that everything was ready to receive the second group for the morning, farmers. His pitch to agriculture hadn't been the strongest so far, he had to admit, as much as he had a great interest in farmers. He hoped to change that now, and to take his new agriculture stump speech with him to many more states that he'd be visiting as he trotted his way across the United States. He'd set a personal goal, of course, to visit every one of the 50 states, and as agriculture was a big issue in most, if not all, of them, it was important that he got it right.

Once the farmers and their families made it in to the event and were seated with their free brunches, and he'd done plenty of handshaking and getting to know people, he took the rostrum and delivered his remarks.

"Good morning, Grand Junction! Good morning, Colorado!

Agriculture isn't just a business. And it isn't just what feeds families across America, as vitally important as that is. It is a way of life. A vocation. A calling. Something that you give yourself wholly to, body and soul. And that can be very rewarding when it goes well, but it also carries with me tremendous risks. Whenever I've sat down with farmers here, or in other states, I am always touched by the pride you have in your work, but I am also deeply troubled by the stress and strain it takes on your lives. The uncertainty as to whether the market will reward your labors. Agriculture is a double edged sword, where if things start to go wrong and your farms cease to be profitable, you are left unable to get out of a way of life which you've thrown yourself into with both feet. That isn't fair.

The Federal Government has the power to make your lives easier. It has a moral obligation to do so. Why doesn't it? Because it has been built up to be institutionally unfair by Democratic institutions that have perverted the Department of Agriculture into being uncaring and aloof, and that have geared up the E.P.A. to wage war on your industry, making it ever more and more unprofitable for you to conduct your business. I promise you that if I become your President, the Dirty Democratic War on Farmers will end day one of my administration! No ifs, no buts! I will support and protect farmers!

We need a forthright plan going forward that includes farmers and supports farmers. We need to make sure you get a fair deal with your suppliers, we need to make sure you get a fair deal with your customers. Whether you're raising livestock, growing food crops, or other crops, you need to be assured that the Federal Government is on your side, and not on the side of the special interests, the China-motivated climate lobby, or an ideologically charged left which drifts closer and closer to collectivization by the day. The traditional, honest, American family farm will not be snuffed out so long as I live!

But words are just words, and rhetoric alone isn't going to protect your homes and businesses and lifestyles and families, which I recognize are all inextricably intertwined in the field of agriculture. What you need is the support of cold, hard policy, and that's what I'm here to lay out before you today. These are policies which I believe will be good for the farmers of Colorado, or Wisconsin, or California, or Texas, or Georgia, or any other state in our union.

Primarily, we need to end government programs and policies that persecute your industry. The Environmental Protection Agency was set up by Nixon to keep the air and the water clear. It was not built to make farming uncompetitive. Micromanaging regulations that tie up our small farms in red tape aren't just unfair, they're bad for the country. They stifle capitalist competition, as they force you to be absorbed by large agribusinesses. They deny you your liberty as small businesses. I can't think of anything more un-American than denying an American their right to set up their own free enterprise.

We need reform for the subsidy system to give greater priority to small and medium farms like those you run than to big businesses like Cargill and Monsanto. Large agribusiness has a role in our economy and in projecting our economic power as an agricultural powerhouse on the world stage, but they are not the most needing of the bulk of the subsidy system. Those subsidies should be seen by and made useful to ordinary American farmers like you guys, and I will fight to make sure that the Department of Agriculture and Congress make the necessary changes to direct more support to you, the great American farmer.

We need to change our tax system, so that there is greater freedom for our farmers. Tax breaks need to be organized to help lift more farmers out of federal taxation, so that we can boost a sector that is so important to the United States. It's my aspiration to see the America that I govern be one that is food sovereign, wholly unreliant on outside imports for the basic foodstuffs that sustain our population. Because where they can, our people can and should and must buy and eat American!

It is imperative that we continue to pursue policies like the biofuel subsidy system to harness and dominate emergent markets that start from our agriculture markets. Turning American wheat or corn or sugar cane or whatever into biofuel is a fantastic way to keep those crops paying for us, paying for you, and I want to promote and expand those programs so our farms can keep growing, and our economy can keep expanding and diversifying, all thanks to the great work of you, the all-American farmer.

Furthermore, we need to divest the Federal Government of tracts of federal land that could be prime use for agriculture. We need to let people have the opportunity to expand their farming holdings, and of anyone who deserves more land to work their magic, it's the farmers who work thanklessly difficult jobs to make the food we put on our tables. I want to set up a program through the Department of Agriculture to carve up large tracts of federal land for new farming enterprises. This is a tried-and-tested formula that worked in America's past, and it's a formula which can work for us today.

Finally, I want to work on expanding our irrigation infrastructure to make sure that America's farms have a steady supply of the clean water that they need. We have the technology and the means to bring this support to your communities, and it will pay off for America in the long run for us to make that investment into our farming communities. It is a worthwhile down payment for making America stronger and richer.

I want to thank you all, not just for coming here to listen to me today, but for the remarkable, patriotic work that you do as farmers. For making sure we aren't reliant on foreign countries for food. That is something America has taken for granted, but it's not something I want to take for granted. We need you, our society depends on you, and I really hope to give you the support and gratitude that you deserve, rather than assuming I have the right to presume your backing from a few ads or pretending to be one of you.

Thank you. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!"

Denver

The Skyline Ballroom in Denver, with its commanding view of the mountains and the cityscape, was a breathtaking venue in and of itself, and served well for this speech. It was a rehash of the El Paso speech, targeted at young professionals living in suburbia. Invited in for an evening replete with a buffet and free drinks, it was, in a way, inviting these middle class individuals to experience the promise of an America where they are free to profit and carve out a better life for themselves.

After spending his time to shake hands with the people who were attending, ingratiating himself to them with his infectious positivity and warm, grandfatherly energy, he went to take the microphone and deliver his remarks.

"Good evening, Denver! Good evening, Colorado!

It's brilliant to be here with all of you wonderful, wonderful people. Hardworking people, who have gotten where you are not by asking for handouts, but by putting in the work. Taking out a student loan, taking out a mortgage, raising your new families within the cosy promise of American suburbia. However, you have an anger, a discontent, and that displeasure is wholly just. In the race on the left to go for class warfare, in the race amongst some on the right to call for either tearing down our economic system, you - our decent, ordinary American middle class - have been left behind. Your concerns ignored and overlooked. And that's not fair.

One of the key principles that I've embraced in my campaign is the idea that it should be work, not welfare, that pays. You've done your part for our society, laboring away, having kids, building a good life, but God damn, has it been made unfairly difficult for you. Whether it's an unreasonable amount of your wages being stripped out by the taxman, or a lack of support for your balance between work and life, you've been given a raw deal by government. It's time for you to receive a square deal. Let me take you through what I'm offering.

First of all, I want to implement Lilyana Wolf's paid family leave proposals in full. America is so behind on paid family leave that it's obscene. The President's daughter was right to make this a priority, and it will be a priority for my administration too. We need to make sure that young professional parents aren't forced to choose between their careers and their families. It is bad for our American families, it is bad for our children, that they are unable to spend the time they need in their formative years with their mothers and fathers because we don't have paid family leave. That will change.

Secondly, I want to improve education, so that your children growing up have the best opportunities they can reach. School choice needs to be expanded so that schools are pushed more by competition, and the funding model at the Department of Education needs to be overhauled to take cash out of the hands of bureaucrats and put it into the hands of schools to provide equipment and staffing necessary to improve the quality of education given to your children. We need to end one-size-fits-all solutions like Common Core which paralyze our schools and leave them unable to respond to the unique needs of our children. The tyranny that is leaving our teachers unable to teach can and will end.

Third, we need to make sure that more of your hard earned wages remain in your pockets. The Wolf-era tax cuts need to be made permanent for middle income households, but we need to be more ambitious than that. Many Americans can and should be lifted out of taxation entirely. The tax code needs to be simplified and made fairer so that it is accessible and understandable for ordinary Americans. We do not need a surge in the minimum wage, what we need is for the government to get its hands out of people's damn pockets!

Four, we need to make your access to healthcare less of a labor. We need to reform the healthcare market by opening up the restrictions that are preventing the natural process of capitalism from driving down prices. We need more competition across state lines, and we need to welcome more investment from overseas into our healthcare apparatus. We need to encourage the F.D.A. and other regulatory agencies to put the pressing healthcare needs of Americans first, rather than holding up new innovations in the market on the grounds of vexatious bureaucratic restrictions. Better, cheaper healthcare is right around the corner, but there are so many needless obstacles in the way that the federal government can and should remove.

Five, we need to keep the prices of your every day utilities cheap. Your energy and gas prices will only get higher if the zeitgeist of Democratic policy continues - Senator Winthrop's Off Fossil Fuels Act would be a poison pill to the energy market. What good is it for you to earn a decent wage if so much of that has to pay for more expensive electricity and more expensive fuel for your cars? I promise to pursue policies that support keeping our energy market cheap, and gas prices down. And I'll veto anything that endangers that pressing, real need for your household.

These measures sound like common-sense, right? Yet we're faced with a political establishment, galvanised by the dirty dealing of politicians like Speaker Douglas, that refuses to deliver reforms like these that would make your lives easier. And are those promising to shake it up on the left listening to you? No, they're trying to agitate groups of people to thinking that those better off are the cause of their woes. Avowed socialist Levi Murphy wants factory workers to look at people like you and blame you as the problem, rather than his obstructionist colleagues. This is unfair, and I hope and pray America will reject his divisive message.

It's about time somebody swore to implement measures to help your communities succeed. I hope that you will trust me to do that for you as your President.

Thank you for listening to me tonight, ladies and gentlemen. You've been a fantastic audience. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:58 pm

The following letter was sent to the Congressional offices of all members of the House Republican Caucus the day before the vote on the IDEA Act.

Dear colleague,

I am writing to you regarding the IDEA Act, set to be debated tomorrow. The Republican whip has been set as being for the bill. The IDEA Act enables us to limit the legislation that the Democrats seek to implement and thus, supports the defence and preservation of the Wolf agenda. Furthermore, any person who does vote against the bill will consequently have their assignments to any committees they are currently serving on suspended.

Yours most respectfully,

House Minority Leader Thomas Volker
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“Well Governor, it’s been good to talk. I’m sure we’re going to run into each other a lot more over the next few months. Last thing, if I didn’t already make it clear, you have my support if you win the primary. I’ll likely support whoever the party chooses unless we, God forbid, end up with Porter or Burgun. I’ll even back Wolf Jr. in spite of the obvious nepotism. But out of anyone else in this race, if someone besides me were to win, I’d prefer it to be you. Treating others respectfully and remaining civil is a matter of deep importance to me, and you fit the bill. So keep up the good work, and I will as well, and may the best of us all win.”

"Agreed, safe travels Congresswoman."

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:The following letter was sent to the Congressional offices of all members of the House Republican Caucus the day before the vote on the IDEA Act.

Dear colleague,

I am writing to you regarding the IDEA Act, set to be debated tomorrow. The Republican whip has been set as being for the bill. The IDEA Act enables us to limit the legislation that the Democrats seek to implement and thus, supports the defence and preservation of the Wolf agenda. Furthermore, any person who does vote against the bill will consequently have their assignments to any committees they are currently serving on suspended.

Yours most respectfully,

Vohoffsky, angered by this, began to make calls to Congresspeople who he knew would be against it. He leveraged his experience in the tech industry and his personal stake in the bill to attempt to gather as much leverage as possible, and as many people backing him, before he stormed his way down to Volker's office.

"Mr. Volker? Are you there?"
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:12 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:The following letter was sent to the Congressional offices of all members of the House Republican Caucus the day before the vote on the IDEA Act.

Dear colleague,

Yours most respectfully,

Vohoffsky, angered by this, began to make calls to Congresspeople who he knew would be against it. He leveraged his experience in the tech industry and his personal stake in the bill to attempt to gather as much leverage as possible, and as many people backing him, before he stormed his way down to Volker's office.

After a few seconds, the door to Volker’s office opened and the House Minority Leader calmly walked out, lightly smiling.

“Congressman Vohoffsky, it’s good to see you, I assume you have a problem?” Volker asked, assuming from Vohoffsky’s demeanour.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:13 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Spellman Residence
Los Angeles, California

(Image)
"I'll be frank Senator, my campaign is still reviewing our options in supporting Medicare for All."

He paused.

"Universal healthcare cannot be the only banner for progressives."

"Of course not. But I use it to gauge people's views. Well, is there anything you can think of that we should talk about?"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:

After a few seconds, the door to Volker’s office opened and the House Minority Leader calmly walked out, lightly smiling.

“Congressman Vohoffsky, it’s good to see you, I assume you have a problem?” Volker asked, assuming from Vohoffsky’s demeanour.

"Yes, sir, I do. This bill is several degrees of problematic. The fact that me and my allies in the tech industry didn't get to look it over is, honestly, going to cause the same disaster as PIPA and SOPA did. Let's find a seat somewhere, so I can discuss my problems with this bill, from the least problematic to the most problematic..."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:20 pm

"Yes, sir, I do. This bill is several degrees of problematic. The fact that me and my allies in the tech industry didn't get to look it over is, honestly, going to cause the same disaster as PIPA and SOPA did. Let's find a seat somewhere, so I can discuss my problems with this bill, from the least problematic to the most problematic..."

“Naturally, come through the my office, Congressman.” Volker said politely, leading Vohoffsky through into his office before seating the two of them at his desk.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:22 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes, sir, I do. This bill is several degrees of problematic. The fact that me and my allies in the tech industry didn't get to look it over is, honestly, going to cause the same disaster as PIPA and SOPA did. Let's find a seat somewhere, so I can discuss my problems with this bill, from the least problematic to the most problematic..."

“Naturally, come through the my office, Congressman.” Volker said politely, leading Vohoffsky through into his office before seating the two of them at his desk.

Vohoffsky sat down, unbuttoning his suit.

"This is going to be a rather long list..." He muttered, waiting for Volker to sit down.
Please Watch

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:24 pm

Vohoffsky sat down, unbuttoning his suit.

"This is going to be a rather long list..." He muttered, waiting for Volker to sit down.

Volker sat down, opposite Vohoffsky before replying.

“So what is it that you’re opposed to with the IDEA Act, Representative?”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:27 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Vohoffsky sat down, unbuttoning his suit.

"I'll start with a minor concern, one that can probably be resolved via the courts, but one I would fix nonetheless. I think plain terms should be defined more closely, with, you know, a grade-based reading level using many of the existing models, or at the very least from an existing set of words, like the Globish list, for example."
Please Watch

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:34 pm

"I'll start with a minor concern, one that can probably be resolved via the courts, but one I would fix nonetheless. I think plain terms should be defined more closely, with, you know, a grade-based reading level using many of the existing models, or at the very least from an existing set of words, like the Globish list, for example."

“Well, as you’ve said Congressman, that is an area that could be resolved by the courts. Furthermore, Congressman, the bill has itself been circulating for some time and it has only been once I have set the whip that you express the grievances, would you mind if I were to ask why?”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse