NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:37 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
@JPJ4USA

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

The punishment must fit the crime, Governor. You know what the problem with the death penalty is? Once you commit a crime that warrants the death penalty, you'll commit another one. And another one. Until you're caught. We should reserve the death penalty for terrorism, mass murder and organised rape.

Barry Anderson
@MissoriPeoplesSenator

You do realise Singapore dosen't have the death penalty for gum spitting, right?
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:03 am

Agarntrop wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

The punishment must fit the crime, Governor. You know what the problem with the death penalty is? Once you commit a crime that warrants the death penalty, you'll commit another one. And another one. Until you're caught. We should reserve the death penalty for terrorism, mass murder and organised rape.

Barry Anderson
@MissoriPeoplesSenator

You do realise Singapore dosen't have the death penalty for gum spitting, right?

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

You're telling me that people who import three packs of gum or more into the country should be given the same sentence as people who commit assault, Governor Senator?

EDITED IC. OLD TEXT KEPT FOR BOOKKEEPING.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:19 am

Governor Chambers puts in the following limited run radio ad in Iowa broadcasting mostly on political talk and classic rock stations in the heavily conservative leaning western part of the state;

Dear Iowa, President Wolf has achieved much for Iowans and Americans as a whole but it’s time to continue the fight once he’s gone. What Washington needs is Midwestern ideals and a guiding responsible hand that can straighten the budget, power the economy and build jobs. Guess what Iowa, the man for this job is right next door.

Governor Jack Chambers of Nebraska has balanced the state budget, supported police and firefighters, and decreased state unemployment rates. He’s a man of business and responsibility, who wants to clean out the excess of Washington and rebuild the US spending system. He’s championed agriculture and industry and knows that the working class is the backbone of America.

So when it comes time to succeed President Wolf, remember Iowa, that Jack has your back

I’m Jack Chambers and I approve this message

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:29 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Barry Anderson
@MissoriPeoplesSenator

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

You're telling me that people who import three packs of gum or more into the country should be given the same sentence as people who commit assault, Governor?

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

It seems you can't be bothered to read the three words in my handle.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:33 am

Agarntrop wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

You're telling me that people who import three packs of gum or more into the country should be given the same sentence as people who commit assault, Governor?

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

It seems you can't be bothered to read the three words in my handle.

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

Answer the question, Senator.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:03 pm

Interview with Nathanial Richardson
Youtube and Offical American People Website
Last Week of March 2019

AmericanPeople

Presented by Joe Goldston

"And now, here's Joe Goldston."

Goldston: "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. This is Joe Goldston from San Antonio in Texas of American People, providing an interview for late March. While 2020 is still months ago, the presidental campaigns for most candidates is running strong. A heavy-hitter from both main parties with one being in the lead in one day, then another at the next. Many commentators believe the inability for President Arnold Wolf to run for around term is a primary reason for a tight race between both sides. However, predictions for who can run the white house is still null. Now we have managed to get Nathaniel Richardson to conduct an interview with us tonight.

"We now switch to Kenneth Morgan at the interview room, ready to ask some questions from some of our viewers."

Morgan: "I'm here on video chat with Republican Governor Nathaniel Richardson from North Carolina, who has been making news for being one of the top political candidates for the presidential elections of 2020, along with Tim Westra of the Democratic Party. Now, Mr. Richardson, for this interview, we wouldn't be delving mostly into mainstream politicial topics. Instead, we covering more social issues that some of our readers and viewers have requested to be asked."

"We will be asking you a series of 10 questions, each random. If you feel, you are unable to answer a question, you are allowed to skip it. You feel ready, Governor?"

Richardson: "Sure Morgan, I'm ready when you are"

Morgan: "Alright, Mr. Richardson. Here is our first question straight from New York City, which one reader had said is the dirtiest city in the United States. If you are willing to help multiple cities on the problems of litter and pollution, how would you be able to go about it?"

Richardson: "Well its a real shame the trajectory NYC has gone since (Not De Blasio) was elected. (Not Bloomberg) wasn't a perfect mayor but he was far better than this, and the city has been backslide in a number of areas. My administration would be willing to held tackle these issues but cities need to present good, actionable, plans that are based in evidence, not just rhetoric or theory."

"When Harlem complained about overflowing trash cans the city's progressive leadership took away the trash cans and ordered fewer citations be issued for dirty sidewalks. What genius progressive leadership.

"Cities like San Diego have shown what good management and evidence based policy making can do and cities like NYC should be looking at them for examples measures like Waste Corrals and initiatives to clean up areas. You also need people to respect law and order, have some basic respect for the state of the community which they live. (Not De Blasio) equates law and order with racism and spends the cities resources on social justice initiatives instead of basic city management and maintenance."

Homelessness is up something like 40%? Rates of public drinking and urination are up by massive margins because the police won't stop the activity, the homeless population has ripped open so many garbage bags that rat sightings are up around 80%... Good city management is the best answer to cleaning up our cities, i'm willing to help but as I said... cities like New York actually need to show they want to move in the right direction."

Morgan: "Next question. There is an upgrade of woman giving birth around their 40s to early 50s. What are your thoughts on this?"

Richardson: "I think it says a lot of good things about improve technology enabling people to have kids at later ages, parents to be can focus on their careers and goals with less of a time crunch so that's good. We are also seeing much lower rates of unintended pregnancy and teenage pregnancy has been cut in half over the last few decades. People should be having kids at their own rate, children are a blessing but a big responsibility."

Morgan: "Now, this question is from a same-sex couple who are raising their daughter. While their city and state are anonymous, they had said they gotten some condemning responses from some people, who criticized the couple for raising a child without an actual mother. Which group do you side with and what reason can you give?"

Richardson: "I believe same sex couples should be allowed to adopt or have children like any other couple. Thats a stance shared by every state in the nation. We have over 400,000 children in the foster care system, and not nearly enough parents to take them in... The demand for strict conformity to a single, contested view of marriage and family should never override the interests of children in need. They deserve every option for finding a forever family."

"I believe in the strength and importance of family, faith and community. In the studies I have seen and in my personal experience meeting with same sex couples in my state and around the country, same sex parents are just as likely to be good or bad parents as heterosexual couples."

"At the same time I believe in respecting religious freedoms guaranteed by the 1st and 14th amendments. Having faith based adoption agencies does not deprive a LBGT person from adopting, but efforts fight against faith based adoption agencies do nothing to help needy kids find homes."

"Private agencies have a right to freedom on conscience, even if you disagree with them. A small group of religious adoption agencies operating does not hurt the ability of LGBTQ individuals to adopt because their is no shortage of kids in foster care or LGBTQ friendly agencies around the country. We need more agencies, and the laws we are seeing across the country shutting down faith based adoption agencies just hurt at risk children who already have nowhere to go."

Morgan: "An anonymous viewer who claims to be a caucasian football player tells us that the practice of kneeling for the flag, which was started by Colin Kaepernick in protest of police brutality, had become more controversial than the actual reason for doing it. What's your stance on kneeling for the American flag?"

Richardson: "The interactions between police and the community, police involved shootings, and racial issues have become all too commonplace in our society, we need to push forward on those issues and work to better ourselves as a nation. As we move forward and raise awareness on issues, as we debate and discuss and improve people are going to demonstrate and protest. I think it is American to protest and express your views, you should stand for what you believe in... pun not intended."

"That being said... this method of protest is not only incredibly disrespectful but it is completely counter intuitive. The conversation Kapernick was hoping to spark, has been completely lost in a conversation about his method of protest."

"The privilegeof being able to protest was bought at an incredibly high price. Their are no words to describe the blood lost from Bunker Hill to Gettysburg to D-Day to today. Suffering, Blood, Death... a hell on earth that so many went through so that Colin Kapernick could know American privilege and being able to live free of the fears that grip so many nations. When you understand that sacrifice, as much as one can, you have no choice but to make the solemn recognition that standing for the anthem represents. Kneeling shows a disrespect for the sacrifice so many willingly make, and that they do not understand what the world would be like if that sacrifice was not made."

"Those that are kneeling don't understand why we stand for the anthem. Its not because we believe the country is perfect, or that racial injustice and police brutality are okay. Its a demonstration of unity, and an expression of the more perfect union we are all working towards. Its the hope and faith that we remain the land of the free and the home of the brave."

Morgan: "Here is a minor question from another viewer. They are asking if it's possible to make parking spots or lots that don't encourage or require parallal parking. A lot of simple dents or minor damages to automobiles occur with parallal parking. How can you reduce this issue?"

Richardson: "No questions are minor... effective municipality management, from filling pot holes, keeping streets clean, and making parking lots easier to park in. I've had my care dinged in a grocery store parking lot more than once, its a common problem. Now I don't have some big nationwide plan to deal with that, fundamentally its a local issue for local governments."

"My mother is a Democrat and my father is a Republican, I grew up seeing both sides of most issues and it took awhile to form my political identity. What really attracted me to the Republican party in the first place was its emphasis on small and local government. Your local city councilman, dog catcher or county executive is a heck of a lot more able address your day to day concerns then a bureaucrat in Washington. I don't believe in one size fits all solutions, that why we need to empower local communities to fix problems like this viewer is talking about. Filling potholes, keeping streets clean, and protecting your personal property from damage."

Morgan: "Here is a question we ripped from the headlines that happened last year. Parents had literally sued their own 30-year old son for refusing to move out of their house. Does parents have the right to have their children be move out of their own homes, or do the children themselves have their own rights?"

Richardson: "I'm not too familiar with the specifics of the case, only second and third had discussions around the water cooler. Without the specifics I can't say for sure. From what I have heard they had tried every other option and for years... Apparently he refused to get a job or contribute to running the house.... Its an unfortunate and impossible situation."

"It is also unfortunate that Americans ages 18-34 are more likely to live with their parents than in any other living situation right now... for the first time in over a century. For the most part... the overwhelming majority... its not a case of them millennials being lazy or a deadbeat, its a matter of the rising cost of living and a job market that doesn't match with the skills developed by colleges.
Graduating college with debt and a means to pay it off is one thing, but graduating with debt and not being able to pay it off..."

"My daughter is studying to be a dentist right now, that's a big price tag but its an in demand field. Still the odds are she is going to move back in for a bit after college to save money. No shame in living at home for a bit longer, as long as you're working towards a goal and contributing."

Morgan: "Here's a next question from some parents. Their son is favoring ballet over sports, such as football. Despite the negative stereotypes decades ago, there are still some criticism towards boys with athletic ability favoring something over than sports. How do you respond?"

Richardson: "I'm not going to tell someone how to parent. But I have had no problem with my daughter eschewing traditional gender roles... she played plenty of sports instead of ballet. My mother founded a small business, my sister is an architect at a major firm, my wife got dozens of people elected by managing their campaigns... myself included, and my daughter is in medical school. I am surrounded by strong women who didn't let a stereotype define them."

"If I had a son and he wanted to do ballet I would be 100% behind him, I would just want him to do it well and give it everything he had. To show passion and commitment for something and seek excellence."

Morgan: "In a more serious question, how you go about fighting the ongoing opioid epidemic that is happening in the United States. Around 130 people are dying from opioid abuse and overdose every day, where both state and city governments are filing lawsuits against drug manufacters, distributors, pharmacies, and doctors for their role in the opioid crisis. This is primarily due to the fact that opioid are painkillers. How do you wish to fight the opioid crisis?"

Richardson: "This is personal for me. My nephew George was the star quarterback of his hometown, he got a full scholarship to play football, it was his dream to play in the NFL. A month before graduation he was in a car accident and had a injury to his shoulder that made it impossible to throw. The damage he received went much deeper than anything physical. His world was shattered, football made him popular, got him to college, and was a massive part of his identity. Within 6 months he was drinking heavily and abusing the pills his surgeon kept prescribing… and when the doctor stopped he switched to heroin. Our family got him into treatment and therapy, he got help and a 9 to 5 job, he found faith and he is doing much better today. But this story demonstrates the problem of addiction goes far deeper than just the drugs.

We tightened controls on prescriptions in the early days of the crisis and it worked to a degree, deaths went down about 5% last year. But in truth only 20-35% of the people misusing pain medication actually receive drugs from their doctor, half get them from a friend or relative, others steal or buy from a dealer. These people are rarely new to drugs, addiction conceals depression and certain problems some people honestly believe are worse than a drug habit. Yes the drugs precipitated the addiction, and its all too easy to blame the drug companies, clamp down on prescriptions and move on… but its not that simple.

We need to clamp down on fentanyl which overwhelmingly comes from China, often via Mexico, and develop chemical-detection technology. We need more available treatment, more accelerated entry into treatment, reduction of over-prescription, increased access to naloxone, and better data sharing among agencies, clinics, and treatment centers. We also need to reduce the stigma of addiction and treat it like a disease, not a moral failing. And acknowledge this crisis is as much a psychological and sociological problem as a physiological one.

But no matter how many billions we spend on drug treatment centers it still won’t repair a problem that goes much deeper in America. We have a broken country, beset by poverty, criminality, despair, loneliness… all these things lead to drug addiction. The decline of the family unit and of our religious institutions… they are shields against that hopelessness and despair, not foolproof but its still a shield. We need to rebuild what ties our people and our communities together."

Morgan: "Second to last question. 24% of Americans don't use physical cash during a typical week. It is said that we are starting to become a cash free society, since the rise of online transactions from credit cards and other devices. Do you wish to continue this trend, or do you have something else in mind?"

Richardson: "I don't believe the government should people able to say how they should handle their money or pay for things. I will say that everyone should remain vigilant when it comes to online payments and invest in security to protect their information."

Morgan: "One last question. This time, it's another question we ripped from the headlines. A man was charged with assault for choking a cashier for bagging his groceries wrong, due to his chips being smashed. What do you say about this?"

Richardson: "I don't think anyone could defend that behavior, he should be charged with assault full stop."

Morgan: "Well, Governor Richardson. It has been a honor to see you here at American People. If anything to make things fair, we can bring along Westra, if he's interested. He is the top candidate for the Democratic Party so far."

Richardson: "Thank you for having me."
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Nikaton
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:45 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Nikaton wrote:
"Well I think we could work well together. That's a piece of legislation I can get behind, I've seen it but send me another copy and I'll give it a more thorough look"

"Yeah sure," the Senator says. He whips out his phone and opens the web-page for his Green New Deal. "Please take a look," he said, passing his phone over. "Tell me anything I should add or fix off the bat." Levi pauses for a moment. "Have you considered endorsing anyone in the primary?"

Off the bat? Its ambitious but its good, ambition is what we need with fixing climate, certainly not blind denial. I've begun considering it but I'm not ready to make a decision at this time. Perhaps if we worked together on some more legislation I could come to a decision

Nikaton
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:48 pm

Nikaton wrote:From: Representative Brett Thomas
To: Representative Caroline Simone

Hey Carrie,

Good to hear back from you. Any feedback, even if critical, is welcome. I have a meeting coming up but can I stop by say 5:30?

Best,

Brett

TO: [Representative Brett Thomas]

5:30 would be fine. Looking forward to seeing you then.

Brett makes his way over to Carrie's office around 5:30 and knocks

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Nikaton wrote:Brett makes his way over to Carrie's office around 5:30 and knocks

"Come in." said Carrie, in the usually stern voice she used for office calls, though when she saw Brett, she stood up, offered him a handshake and a seat, and smiled. "Brett, it's good to catch up with you. How have you been adjusting to Washington?"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Third Way HQ, Washington D.C.

"Good afternoon, Chairman."

"Good afternoon, Senator."

"How's your day so far?"

"Well, it's been good. The weather's been rather nice today. How are you then?"

"I'm good too. I personally enjoy the weather at this time of year. Cool, but not excessively frigid."

"You like it 50-60 degrees?"

"Yep. I like this sort of weather. It's rather calming, isn't it?"

"Very interesting, Senator."

"Anyway, let's get down to business, Chairman."

"What is it, Senator?"

"I have been considering a Presidential run for a decent amount of time, as Helen Whitaker has collapsed, with the progressive vultures left to feast on the nation."

"It is indeed saddening, Senator. This country needs a strong moderate candidate, and fast, before we're left with an election of violent populists seeking to overthrow the American order."

"The Third Way needs to rise again, Chairman. Clifford's wife most likely isn't running, and I have championed Third Way policies for the entirety of my political career, Chairman. New Democrats have been assaulted from both sides by Wolf Pack populists and by the dissatisfied, cynical progressives. We need a candidate that can back these policies, and I believe I can do it."

"I heard you were part of the cabinet, working closely with President Baharia to bring pro-growth, common sense centrist policies to your department."

"Of course, Chairman. That's why he asked me to serve in his cabinet."

"That's something our organisation aligns well with. Can you tell me - and the rest of our organisation - why you are electable."

"My close cooperation with Baharia and the American Project will allow me to appeal to left-behind black communities, encouraging them to turnout and flip Southern States, whilst my middle-class tax cuts and other policies have general appeal to rural and suburban white voters, allowing me to get a reasonable cross-section of the electorate."

"Sounds reasonable enough...Tell me about this American Project."

"The American Project is a long-term project of mine, since I worked in the Connecticut State Government. It will provide significant funding to deprived, mostly minority areas and increase infrastructure funding significantly, feeding the blood vessels of our economy and allowing more Americans to take public transport. It will be expensive, but the fiscal multiplier is in our favour. In fact, since all the new properties and systems built will be government-owned, we could make a decent long-term profit OR, depending on what is agreed upon, sell it all off at a markup to the private sector and actually profit from it all."

"Very interesting...So it reaches not just infrastructure, but also housing and community development."

"Not just that, Chairman. These state-of-the-art roads and high-quality, affordable housing will also help national defence, as troops can move faster and threats dealt with in a much more timely manner. Meanwhile, increased funding in deprived areas will help to cut crime and increase living standards, helping to prevent, say, a possible epidemic within those areas due to poor water treatment or bad hospitals. The American Project isn't just about transportation, it's also about national defence, community development, crime reduction and public safety."

"Thank you, Senator. We will make a decision on whether or not to endorse you in a timely manner. As you are not announced to run yet, would you like us to hold it back until the formal announcement?"

"Thank you, Chairman. And yes, you should hold it back. Once I have enough backing, we'll hold a rally, get people together and have all the endorsements announced at once. We want to run in, guns blazing, and seize the centrist lane."
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Nathaniel Richardson
New York City, New York
March 29th, 2019

It was strange that Richardson found himself in the city he had just critiqued so heavily in his American People interview. New York was a place he seemed to only find himself when it came to soliciting campaign donations and today was no different. He arrived at the Blackstone Group Headquarters discreetly and with no fanfare, no need for the general public to see how the sausage got made and Presidents got elected.

The Private Equity firm was the single largest owner of real estate in the world, they had times to both parties and deep pockets. In 2016 they had donated hundreds of thousands to both (Not Rubio) and (Not Clinton) to say nothing of the millions that went to Senate and Congressional races. In 2019 they had donated close to $3 million overall and had spent $3.6 million on lobbying. They were in everything from energy to housing and they could cause serious hurt to anyone that fights their agenda. Richardson would not be on that list.

Meeting with Tony James, the company’s number 2, Richardson began to lay out his policies and how they would benefit Blackstone. They were the single largest owner of single family rental homes in the country, Richardson wanted to address the housing crisis by relaxing zoning restrictions and expediting the process to build homes.

Richardson was also highly critical of the CFPB which regulated banks after the recession. Blackstone being responsible for $5 trillion worth of banking around the world would benefit from a severely weakened CFPB which Richardson wanted to work towards, freeing up capital for investment and allowing Blackstone to lend with less impediments.

Nate also detailed his plan for reforming social security which involved freeing up Social Security savings to invest in low risk areas. This would allow that money to grow while providing a massive economic boost for the stock market which would get a massive cash influx. Blackstone was likely to receive a great deal of that investment.

On energy Richardson promised more deregulation and investment, as well as opening up more lands to fracking and oil exploration. He would support alternative energies as well but would not discriminate against any source of domestic energy production like the Democrats who wanted to ban fracking and Prendergast whose focus on coal was unbelievably backwards.

Richardson was pro business to the core and had a record to prove it. Blackstone doubtlessly knew that, they also probably knew his platform and policies better than his own staff. What this meeting was really about was respect. Richardson showed he knew the importance of the group and his respect for them and their role in the economy, both domestically and worldwide. Getting to them first, explaining how his platform worked for them, treating them with respect. That would go a long way.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:08 pm

April 3rd 10:00am
Iowa Western Community College
Council Bluffs, Iowa

Governor Chambers knew that Iowa was both an integral state to his campaign as an early voting trend setter and a natural starting point for his campaign as Iowa bordered his own state. Council Bluffs in particular was essentially a suburb of Omaha a place he knew well as he had spent much of his adult living and working in Omaha. Western Iowa, the part bordering Nebraska, in particular was ideal because it was notably the strongest conservative holding in the politically divided state.

The crowd here included many young students and some adults but most were white like the rest of the state. Pulling a dent into the youth vote or at least keeping them at home would be a big step in a general election against the radical progressives on the left, Jack had already considered this and knew he would need a way to achieve one or both goals.

Jack canvassed the school gym shaking hands and giving out pleasant niceties. He made his way to the stage and began his first speech of the day;

Good morning Iowa Western community College, it is an honor to be here. As a businessman across the river I had the esteemed pleasure to work alongside many of your fellow alum. The value of community college or technical degree is one of the most underrated paths to success here in America.

So valuable, that I want to talk about how we can encourage more Americans to make smart career paths and fill needed invaluable positions in the workforce. Why do I want to talk about this, because Its a shame to see millions pursue an expensive four year liberal arts degree only to come out and whine and beg for a bailout when they can't find work, but there is work America, and its work that's needed to be done. Right now what if I told you there were thousands of open and unsought for jobs in a well paying field?

Would you believe me? Well guess what, its true, the labor department reports show that right this minute over 15,000 electrician jobs are available, all of which will pay more than the proposed $15 per hour minimum wage. Electricians aren't the only one either; look at vacancies for mechanics, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, welding and more. You can even earn your degree for free while getting paid for some of these trades!

Its time we break the liberal college cycle and rebuild America's infrastructure through the trades that get that job done! If you elect me as president,
students pursuing degrees, apprenticeships, and other programs relating to in demand fields will receive massive tax credits and breaks to encourage these paths.

Higher education may not be a federal right, it isn't something that can be free, but gosh darn, it should be encouraged and incentivized in a beneficial way that builds jobs, skills, and serves American needs

These trades can be hard work, but Americans are hardworking people, and I have faith in each and everyone of you. So keep on making smart beneficial decisions that help us all.

God bless Iowa, god bless America, and vote Chambers, thank you!

Chambers waved and stepped down from the stage and rejoined his staff. The Governor ate with his team in the school cafeteria where they planned for their next stop of the day, a short trip up to Sioux City where he would visit his grandparent's old stomping grounds, speak to the locals, and handle an intriguing request from an esteemed peer...it seemed the Governor had one preliminary stop as he picked up his phone to schedule an important meeting.

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 pm

April 3, 2019
1:30pm
Brown's Lake
Salix, Iowa

The cabin was an inconspicuous place as any. Jack hadn't been there since he was six and the current owner was distant enough of a relative to not raise suspicion. The message from Governor Richardson had been a surprise, but the two had gotten along amicably before, and Jack was prepared to meet with him.

Now just time to wait and see if the southern governor still showed....

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Von Markstein wrote:
April 3, 2019
Brown's Lake
Salix, Iowa

(Image)

The cabin was an inconspicuous place as any. Jack hadn't been there since he was six and the current owner was distant enough of a relative to not raise suspicion. The message from Governor Richardson had been a surprise, but the two had gotten along amicably before, and Jack was prepared to meet with him.

"Hello Jack!" Richardson said arriving and entering the cabin leaving a few staffers outside. He shook the Governor's hand "Good to see you, congratulations on your announcement." He was in a warm friendly mood and Richardson had no problem showing it.

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Dentali wrote:
Von Markstein wrote:
April 3, 2019
Brown's Lake
Salix, Iowa

(Image)

"Hello Jack!" Richardson said arriving and entering the cabin leaving a few staffers outside. He shook the Governor's hand "Good to see you, congratulations on your announcement." He was in a warm friendly mood and Richardson had no problem showing it.

Hey Nate! Glad to see these campaigns don’t always have to be hostile” jack chuckles shaking hands “you fish at all? Maybe we can put some lines in while we talk”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:25 pm

Von Markstein wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Hey Nate! Glad to see these campaigns don’t always have to be hostile” jack chuckles shaking hands “you fish at all? Maybe we can put some lines in while we talk”

Nate looks a bit disappointed "Unfortunately I can't stay, I have 3 more events to get to today. After the race though I should be able to make it work though... Jack I actually wanted to talk to you about the campaign."

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:07 pm

Dentali wrote:
Von Markstein wrote:

Nate looks a bit disappointed "Unfortunately I can't stay, I have 3 more events to get to today. After the race though I should be able to make it work though... Jack I actually wanted to talk to you about the campaign."

Jack gives Nate a good look over with a neutral expression for a brief pause. “Well yes I figured as much, let’s get down to business then”

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:52 am

Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr
Wednesday 27th March
West Virginia

The Governor's home state of West Virginia was arguably the root of his power. It would be, in this early state of the race, the easiest place for him to coalesce a large number of supporters and project early strength, and so in order to show off that strength, the JPJ4USA Campaign would pull on those contacts from 2016 who had worked on both Wolf's campaign and Prendergast's gubernatorial campaign to ensure they could source as many pro-Wolf and pro-Prendergast voters in the State as they could for a nice, big rally. The WesBanco Arena in Wheeling, Ohio County, had a capacity just over five thousand, and the campaign would be working in overdrive to fill those seats for a convincing display of Prendergast's popularity and drive.

Before the big event, however, function rooms at the Arena would have been set to the work of a champagne fundraiser, inviting business figures from all over coal country to rub shoulders with a comrade - 'energy' executives from Pennsyvlania and Ohio down through West Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee down to Alabama. These weren't just a rich hotbed of support but, in a way, a clan of blood brothers who needed to stick together when the radical progressives on the left of the Democratic Party were gathering steam. Jonah felt no regrets taking their money, or otherwise encouraging their support for him in one way or another. Especially when, despite his March numbers looking much stronger than his February numbers, he had a lot of work to do in catching up with Richardson's fundraising total. He would not be made to appear weak, or so he repeated to himself in what campaign staffers described as his 'reclusive tirades' in his office.

When it was time to hold the rally, the stage was set, practically festooned with both American flags and campaign paraphernalia, from signs reading "Guarding a Greater America", "Pick Prendergast", and "JPJ4USA", to an array of black and red ribbons and rosettes that matched the striking aesthetic of his campaign. When the Governor walked on, once more to American Rock 'n' Roll, he waved jovially whilst flanked by Republican state legislators. Although everything was perhaps on a smaller scale compared to the peak of Wolf's rallies, from the guest stars to the organization, it was an undeniably dazzling occasion.

Walking up to the podium at the front of the stage, the Governor had a defiant grin, waving and letting the atmosphere build for a good while, timing himself carefully before he'd speak so that he could milk that attention for just long enough.

"Good evening, my home state of West Virginia! Hot damn, look at you all, so full of energy, so full of American pride! Reminds me of how much I miss you all when I go on one of my tours to other states! But who wants to send the first West Virginian to the White House?!"

[The Governor paused to allow for some cheering, which naturally came - these were his natural, native base after all - before continuing.]

"Under Baharia, we saw unemployment in West Virginia reach seventy thousand. Seventy thousand! What a let-down! Rundown Rashid did us dirty, and him and the rest of the Dirty Democrats tried to wage war on our jobs! Those neoliberal, establishment hacks think they're too good for us! They think they're too good for coal! And do you know what I think?"

[He would reach under the podium to pick up a large hunk of coal, holding it in a bare hand and bearing it up proudly.]

"I think coal is back and back for good! West Virginian unemployment has halved since Baharia tried to kill us off, but he failed! In 2016, we sent Wolf to the White House and just look at the economic miracle he's brought about. America's unemployment rate is 3.5%. Do you know how low that is? President Clifford, with his temporary boom, couldn't get unemployment down that low. Even Reagan, fighting back at Carter's recession, couldn't get it low! We have the lowest unemployment since 1969! That's right, folks. America is working at its best for fifty years! If that's not a sign that the Wolf Economy is working for a Greater America, I don't know what is. We are winning again!"

[He took the time to actually lodge the coal back underneath the podium, returning to his speech.]

"I want to continue and build on that work, opening up our economy, opening up our factories, opening up our mines, to give people the peace of mind, not just for their own jobs, but the futures of their families which will rely on those jobs too! But what about the Dirty Democrats? Let's have a look at what they're going to do!

Wacky Winthrop, Tiny Tim Westra and Mad Murphy have made their views pretty clear! They back the Green New Deal! An economic plan so badly put together that even moderate Democrats can't bring themselves to support it! But from how strong Westra and Murphy have been in the Democratic primary polls, it looks like that's what I'm going to be running against! They are coming for your jobs! They are coming for your wages! They are coming for your ability to feed yourselves and your families! They want to shut down the hearts of your communities, like I saw with the paper-mills in Maine, and move the jobs to their cosy, already wealthy metropolises, where they can pay a migrant half as much, cover the difference with welfare so you're paying for it, and leave you to rot! It's disgusting!

But we're not going to let that happen, are we? Because I look around here, and I see all of you, wonderful people, and I think 'Damn!' You've got the moral courage of forty congressional Democrats inside each and every one of you! Maybe more! Because you don't cut other people down to lift up the ones who vote the same way as you do. You believe in community. You believe in America. That's what makes you special.

And speaking of moral courage, isn't it incredible how over the past four years we're managed to so quickly reverse America's fortunes? Our enemies fear America again, because Wolf gave them reason to fear. No longer are we surrendering jobs to other countries with bad trade deals! We aren't whimpering in the face of globalism any longer, we're roaring! And now they're the ones shaking! Our Greater America is here, folks, but if we want to guard it, if we want to keep making it greater, we can't take any risks! We can't let Democrats experiment with our economy, when Wolf's tried-and-tested methods are getting us out of Rundown Rashid's recession! Do you know why? Because they're not experimenting with vague figures on a chart, they're experimenting with your lives, and that's disgusting! Absolutely disgusting and morally bankrupt!

I mean, let's look at what the Democrats are doing right now, huh? Trying to water down the First Amendment. Sure, they might claim they're doing it for one reason or another, but we're talking about constitutional rights! Do they even understand what constitutional rights are? They're rights that the Congress doesn't have the right to take away. But, well, we saw this coming, didn't we? How long have they been coming after freedom of expression? Freedom of religion? If you don't think like a Democrat, if you don't worship like a Democrat, then they think you should be locked up! Or worse! Hell, if you don't think like Senator Goldman of Connecticut, then you're a traitor! I don't know about you, but I'm thanking my stars that she's tanked after that interview because otherwise, I'm gonna have to flee the country so she doesn't put my head to block! No thanks, Executioner Erika. We don't live in Tudor England, you can put the axe down!

It's not just your First Amendment rights they're coming for though, is it? The Second Amendment hangs in the balance! We're always one judge, or a few votes away from having our most important right, the right to bear arms, taken away from us. And once they do that, well, what check is there on their tyranny? We've already seen that Mad Murphy seems to think he can just rule by executive order! A President who rules by executive order, who wants to take away our guns and gag our mouths! How the hell did America find itself in this position? We can't let it happen, folks. We won't let it happen!

Here in West Virginia, I worked with the legislature to pass measures that both stood up for our economy and stood up for our rights. Working hand-in-hand with President Wolf, we've stopped our decline dead in its tracks. West Virginia is growing again! America is growing again! Growing bigger, growing stronger, growing more powerful! And there's no one out there - not Europe, not Russia, not China - that can tell us what to do anymore! America is free again! And we are all freer for it!

But freedom is a constant goal. Benjamin Franklin said that our form of government is 'a republic, if you can keep it', and I think that's true of the choice ahead of us. Are we going to take a risk, are we going to turn our back on the Wolf Revolution, are we going to run a candidate who wasn't loyal to the President, to the ordinary people who backed him, against the dangerous Dirty Democrat who'll be running this year? I don't think that's a good idea, do you? We may be losing President Wolf, God rest his soul, but we won't lose the Wolf Pack! His ideals will live on for decades, for he's changed the national conversation, like Reagan did! So, you know what, if we're not going to take a stupid risk, if we're going to stick by the Wolf Pack, there's only one choice in the primaries ahead of us. That's to pick Prendergast. Because I'm the one standing here, guarding a Greater America, and I will not rest until either America's victory is permanent and absolute, or I'm a cold, hard stiff in the ground!

I can't do it alone, of course. The establishment, the Never Wolfers, the Deep Staters, they're going to fight even harder this election, practically foaming from the mouth like rabid dogs. If we are going to put them down, we've got to band together and work together! Volunteer with my staff, signing a form on the way out or signing up on JPJ4USA.com! Set up a donation with them, or on the website! The Democrats think that with the Deep State on their side, they can do anything, but they're wrong! It's 'We, the People', not 'We, the Establishment', so show them what the People can do!

Thank you and good night!"

Before departing, the Governor would go around and shake hands, sharing little tidbits of conversation with people as he went around the crowd, doing the usual retail party-tricks. Kissing babies and the like. Campaign staffers would work the doors, seeking to collect donations and support for the campaign in every way possible, though they would continue a theme that had started with Jonah's exploratory committee - asking for them to give their stories and their concerns and their anxieties. The Prendergast candidacy may be fire and fury on one hand, but it was a listening candidacy also, it involved people, and he hoped that the dualistic approach would garner real advantages, warming him to those not warmed by the other tactic.

He was sure, of course, that gathering a crowd like this would be distinctly harder in any other state, at least without the help and support of someone like the President, but it was - he prayed - a start.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Nikaton
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:34 am

Nikaton wrote:Brett makes his way over to Carrie's office around 5:30 and knocks

"Come in." said Carrie, in the usually stern voice she used for office calls, though when she saw Brett, she stood up, offered him a handshake and a seat, and smiled. "Brett, it's good to catch up with you. How have you been adjusting to Washington?"

Brett steps in shakes hands with a smile and takes his seat, he doesn’t seem bothered by the stern voice upon entry. “ it’s good to see you too. It’s been an interesting adjustment for sure, but still learning the ropes a bit which is challenging. Kinda hoping to actually start accomplishing things. That’s why I gotta bite the bullet and start asking questions and working with experts like you”

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:38 am

Nikaton wrote:Brett steps in shakes hands with a smile and takes his seat, he doesn’t seem bothered by the stern voice upon entry. “ it’s good to see you too. It’s been an interesting adjustment for sure, but still learning the ropes a bit which is challenging. Kinda hoping to actually start accomplishing things. That’s why I gotta bite the bullet and start asking questions and working with experts like you”

"I've only been here nine years, Brett, my background's in diplomacy, not politics, but still, I'd be glad to help you like my mentor, Senator Volek, helped me. God knows where I'd be without Karel's steady guidance, it's only right that I pass it on." She smiled warmly. "I do want to help you come up with workable legislation that can pass the House, and even the Senate. I'm hoping to become Caucus Chair soon, and that'll enable me to work with the Republican House leadership to see if I can marshal through more of our agenda - my relationship with Congressman Volker's quite good with that regard. So let's see if we can find something you can get a bill together on, and see if we can make it happen. I admire your enthusiasm, though your last bill submission did leave me with many concerns and questions."
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:07 am

Von Markstein wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Jack gives Nate a good look over with a neutral expression for a brief pause. “Well yes I figured as much, let’s get down to business then”

"I wish I knew you were thinking of running before you announced." Richardson said in a conciliatory tone "I would have liked to talk with you beforehand, maybe talked you out of it." Nate chuckled a bit "But failing that... I want to make sure our party is in the best possible shape going into the general election, we can't risk tearing ourselves apart and leaving ourselves open to the progressive left taking the Presidency."

"I would like to get a non aggression pact from you. Neither one of us attacks the other during the election. If we start running a negative campaign it only going to make it that much harder for us to win the general, and I think any Republican running would make a better President than the clown car on the Democratic side."

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:42 am

Dentali wrote:
Von Markstein wrote:

"I wish I knew you were thinking of running before you announced." Richardson said in a conciliatory tone "I would have liked to talk with you beforehand, maybe talked you out of it." Nate chuckled a bit "But failing that... I want to make sure our party is in the best possible shape going into the general election, we can't risk tearing ourselves apart and leaving ourselves open to the progressive left taking the Presidency."

"I would like to get a non aggression pact from you. Neither one of us attacks the other during the election. If we start running a negative campaign it only going to make it that much harder for us to win the general, and I think any Republican running would make a better President than the clown car on the Democratic side."

“Sorry i had kept it close to the chest, only family and a few major advisors knew. It’s something I’d mulled over awhile, bc is aware my time in office is limited now and I need a place up to go. I mean aren’t you due for election in 2020 for Governor as well?

But to your point, I agree completely, a vicious dog fight will only hurt the party. Winning is what counts and any republican will fare better then the candidates on the other side. One last question, what’s Veep doing through all this, any word?”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:02 am

Von Markstein wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“Sorry i had kept it close to the chest, only family and a few major advisors knew. It’s something I’d mulled over awhile, bc is aware my time in office is limited now and I need a place up to go. I mean aren’t you due for election in 2020 for Governor as well?

But to your point, I agree completely, a vicious dog fight will only hurt the party. Winning is what counts and any republican will fare better then the candidates on the other side. One last question, what’s Veep doing through all this, any word?”

"I'm at the end of my second term" Richardson corrected politely "Term limited as well... originally I planned on running for the next open senate seat and then the presidency in 2024, but obviously the President's diagnosis changed that."

Richardson left the sorrowful note hang a bit before continuing "I met with the Vice President, he isn't interested in running. I even offered him a chance to continue as my VP, but he wouldn't take it. The race is wide open."

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:29 am

Dentali wrote:
Von Markstein wrote:

"I'm at the end of my second term" Richardson corrected politely "Term limited as well... originally I planned on running for the next open senate seat and then the presidency in 2024, but obviously the President's diagnosis changed that."

Richardson left the sorrowful note hang a bit before continuing "I met with the Vice President, he isn't interested in running. I even offered him a chance to continue as my VP, but he wouldn't take it. The race is wide open."

“ ah my mistake. It was sudden and saddening for sure. The election was a true watershed moment in history and he’s accomplished much. Hmm well thanks for the info. It’s still early and open as you’d said, id better keep an eye on other potential entries.

You have your non aggression-pact Governor. I look forward to a good clean race in the coming months. Now I think we should both get back to work”

Jack shakes hands

Nikaton
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:51 am

Nikaton wrote:Brett steps in shakes hands with a smile and takes his seat, he doesn’t seem bothered by the stern voice upon entry. “ it’s good to see you too. It’s been an interesting adjustment for sure, but still learning the ropes a bit which is challenging. Kinda hoping to actually start accomplishing things. That’s why I gotta bite the bullet and start asking questions and working with experts like you”

"I've only been here nine years, Brett, my background's in diplomacy, not politics, but still, I'd be glad to help you like my mentor, Senator Volek, helped me. God knows where I'd be without Karel's steady guidance, it's only right that I pass it on." She smiled warmly. "I do want to help you come up with workable legislation that can pass the House, and even the Senate. I'm hoping to become Caucus Chair soon, and that'll enable me to work with the Republican House leadership to see if I can marshal through more of our agenda - my relationship with Congressman Volker's quite good with that regard. So let's see if we can find something you can get a bill together on, and see if we can make it happen. I admire your enthusiasm, though your last bill submission did leave me with many concerns and questions."

“ are you referring to the IDEA reauthorization? The law and its regs are mostly good I want to keep 95% of it and just merely make the counsel amendment to ensure that it’s more effective for lower income children and families, everything else stays in place. But workability and passibility of a Bill is essential, I want to be pragmatic, so I’ll work with you on putting a bill together”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse