NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:30 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
To: Governor Nathaniel Richardson

Hey Nate,

I've finally collected the $5 million you asked for. Most of it is from me directly, but I've got some of my friends to contribute directly. I've attached a list of the people that donated to you on my behalf, along with their donations and my personal donations, so that you can get more information on the money that you are getting and have documents in case of attack in the primary.

Most sincerely,

Congressman Vohoffsky

To: Congressman Theodore Vohoffsky

Hey Theo,

Your support is incredibly well appreciated. For legal reasons I am not looking at any of the names and amounts attached, its probably fine but campaign finance law can be tricky as I am not supposed to coordinate with SuperPACs. Regardless this is a huge step towards victory, and I will be contacting everyone personally to thank them for their support.

Most sincerely,

Nate
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 am

Dentali wrote:A woman in a flowery dress stood "We like many states are seeing a high rate of teacher turnover and high class sizes, what are you going to do to improve education and help retain teachers?"

"Education policy is a mess in this country. When the Department of Education was set up forty years ago by President Carter, we were told that increased federal intervention in education would improve it. It did not. There are good reasons why both labor - represented by the American Federation of Teachers - and politicians - like President Reagan - have reacted to it with hostility. Attempting to coordinate from Washington the education needs of the entire United States is a doomed enterprise, and whilst I don't embrace abolition for the Department, I think we've got to stop approaching education with a 'one-size-fits-all' mentality. We need state-by-state programs where the federal government works with state governments and not against them to produce education solutions tailored to fit them. Sometimes this might mean more investment in public schools, in others it might mean doing more to boost charter schools. It's not a simple issue, and I'm not going to lie to you, ma'am, and belittle you, and say I'm swinging in with a big panacea. There isn't one. But the starting point is to make sure we've got enough good schools for everyone."

"The next step, however, is to examine the crisis in teaching. There's a two pronged issue here - the teaching unions have become overmighty, but the teachers aren't receiving enough support. Teaching has become an extremely stressful career, especially due to losing numbers. We've got to counter a union culture that has inspired the seed of dissatisfaction in our teachers, to put an end to those demands which have been unreasonable. A change in labor laws, both state and federal, are likely to be necessary to that end. And we've got to address the demands that they have which are reasonable. Making sure classrooms are supplied first and foremost. More money needs to be taken out of cash sinks in the federal budget like welfare and foreign aid and moved into education. Now there are roles for welfare and foreign aid, but I think the American people would rather their taxes were being spent on their children rather than garnishing the pockets of warlords or sustaining a stratum of society who should be encouraged to work. The children are our future, ma'am, and I think investing in America's future is important. I think anyone would be mad to say otherwise."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:01 am

Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
Friday 15th March
Kentucky

Kentucky was much closer to ‘home’ for Prendergast than California and Nevada, and so to an extent, he could pull out all the stops. Industry, history and conservatism converged well here, and here he could play both the shtick as a radical Wolf Republican and as someone who respects the long traditions of the Party. In California, he’d paid tribute to Ronald Reagan, and here he could make his due pilgrimage for Abraham Lincoln. First though, a visit to industrial Louisville, where the motor car industry - important both here and in the Midwest - had major roots.

The new industrial constituency of the Republican Party was a keen focus for Jonah, and he prided the great breakthrough that 2016 had heralded against the Democratic Party’s mishandling and exploitation of those blue collar workers. Again, all smiles and mirth, the Governor of West Virginia went to meet workers eagerly on the factory floor, and got the opportunity to help with spray painting a truck with one of them - another clip for a future advert, another good photo for the album. His modus operandi was pretty well established now, as he listened to the men there and didn’t impose himself upon them. He could be a firebrand when needs be, but he could also be the sympathetic ear, and he was happy to be that man. The man who listened to the ordinary everyman and took their message to Washington. Yet, there was time enough in one visit to wear two faces, and after taking his tour of the factory and meeting the earnest laborers there, he had his opportunity to talk to executives and higher ups, talking to them about the value of sustaining a low tax, high opportunity market and how their support (including financial) could help secure the future of the US car industry against unsustainable policies peddled by the Democratic left. Securing the support of both the potential voters and the potential donors here was vital, and he saw it as important to do so. With that tucked under his belt, he’d make his way onto the first of his two historical visits in Kentucky.

Perhaps the monument here wasn’t as big as the one in the Federal District, but it carries no less dignity and gravity. The associations that Jonah wanted to make here were obvious - connecting himself to the Republican traditions that they bore most proudly from their past - their role in the preservation of the Union and the emancipation. Tallying up with his visit to the Reagan Library in California and his visit-to-come to the Wolf Family Farm in Maine, his objective was clear. He wanted to depict himself as the heir to those legacies, rather than Richardson. More photographs, of course, of a pensive Governor with his hand on his heart. All good for later campaign activities. Yet, there was a moment of genuine reflection. Selfish motivations could not withstand the pressure of the history that this site held. He could almost feel it, tangible and heavy, weighing upon him. Like the great man himself glared down at him from heaven with scorn. Jonah’s desire to run for President was selfish and ideological. Even this moment wasn’t going to inspire a Damascene conversion but he couldn’t ignore the distinct feeling that - perhaps - he should pray more. Perhaps, he should be a bit more considerate. For fear of angering some cosmic force that might come around to beat him down. It was an ominous sensation.

Perhaps it was the fact that he lacked the humility of Lincoln. The manorial surroundings of his family upbringing were hardly comparable to the old log cabin. He wasn’t punching his way up the long way around. He was a cheat. A fraud. He’d shake off this sense of impostor syndrome in time, but for a few long, uncomfortable moments, Jonah’s place in the greater scale of things felt isolated, aberrant and deeply disquieting. After having his visit and his smiles, he went on to his next visit, putting on a façade to display no loss of enthusiasm.

Equality Boot Mine was just one of many coal mines in Ohio County, one of many in Kentucky, and one of many in the United States. Coal was what Jonah knew, coal was what ran in his blood, and he wasn’t going to ignore the obvious opportunity to make in-roads with a faction that ran closer to his heart as much as those more distant - expanding your coalition certainly didn’t mean neglecting your base. When he spoke to the miners, he demonstrated a clear understanding of both their work and the hardships they faced in it, and spoke with a deep, confident sympathy. The wind swept in his hair as he stood on the gantry on the front of one of the larger loader trucks that were ubiquitous at a mine (and he’d seen under construction when he was in Iowa), listening to what the miners had to say: speaking about the anxieties of losing their jobs in the Kentucky coal industry in particular. He spoke about how reversing the lingering effects of the Baharia era war on coal was a difficult process due to Democratic obstruction, and how close they were to working past it. He sees the pressure on their jobs, the dangers to their communities, and expressed his sympathy for their desire to do honest work for honest pay - and how virtuous that was. It was something he’d pretty much learned to deliver on tap. After collecting some more photographs and video footage, he’d spend time courting the mining executives who were at the site with him, wanting to yet again flirt with potential donors to try to improve his intake. He knew that his more establishment opponent had probably spent far longer building a warchest, and he had no desire to be outgunned when things came down to the wire.

His final stop in Kentucky would be to the Capital Plaza Hotel in Frankfort for the town hall that’d come at the end of any of his visits. His staff had done the work as ever, making sure that people were brought in from the early March cold, butts in seats, to ensure his proto-campaign maintained a healthy veneer of energy and potency, despite his lagging in the polls. He remained confident he could catch Richardson, of course, he just had to get there.

”Good evening, Kentucky. It’s not my first time here in the Bluegrass State by any means, but my visit here has been incredibly informative. Of course, people use an exploratory committee for many reasons. Some just for publicity, others just for donations. But what I wanted to find out here in Kentucky, as I’ve seen in so many other states, are the real stories of real people. That’s what interests me. Kentucky is full of people in key industries that have been failed by Democratic policies, both presidential and congressional, and even now, as the Democratic House obstructs vitally needed economic reforms, I’ve spoken to miners in Ohio County who don’t know if they’ll still have their jobs in six months time. I’ve spoken to factory workers in Louisville who aren’t sure if their industry have a future. That uncertainty is drastic and disturbing to me, and what they need is reassurance. Not a handout, not an environmental commitment, but the comfort of knowing they can still feed their family. The fact that Washington is failing to do that isn’t just a disgrace, it’s downright criminal.”

“I’m going to take everything that’s been said and will be said to me across the states I’ve visited and will visit, and whether I run for President or not, I’m going to take those stories to those skeletons in the federal closet, and I’m going to make them listen. That’s my promise to you. So please, give me your questions, give me your doubts, give me your concerns. I’m ready to hear them.”
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
Friday 15th March
Kentucky

Kentucky was much closer to ‘home’ for Prendergast than California and Nevada, and so to an extent, he could pull out all the stops. Industry, history and conservatism converged well here, and here he could play both the shtick as a radical Wolf Republican and as someone who respects the long traditions of the Party. In California, he’d paid tribute to Ronald Reagan, and here he could make his due pilgrimage for Abraham Lincoln. First though, a visit to industrial Louisville, where the motor car industry - important both here and in the Midwest - had major roots.

The new industrial constituency of the Republican Party was a keen focus for Jonah, and he prided the great breakthrough that 2016 had heralded against the Democratic Party’s mishandling and exploitation of those blue collar workers. Again, all smiles and mirth, the Governor of West Virginia went to meet workers eagerly on the factory floor, and got the opportunity to help with spray painting a truck with one of them - another clip for a future advert, another good photo for the album. His modus operandi was pretty well established now, as he listened to the men there and didn’t impose himself upon them. He could be a firebrand when needs be, but he could also be the sympathetic ear, and he was happy to be that man. The man who listened to the ordinary everyman and took their message to Washington. Yet, there was time enough in one visit to wear two faces, and after taking his tour of the factory and meeting the earnest laborers there, he had his opportunity to talk to executives and higher ups, talking to them about the value of sustaining a low tax, high opportunity market and how their support (including financial) could help secure the future of the US car industry against unsustainable policies peddled by the Democratic left. Securing the support of both the potential voters and the potential donors here was vital, and he saw it as important to do so. With that tucked under his belt, he’d make his way onto the first of his two historical visits in Kentucky.

Perhaps the monument here wasn’t as big as the one in the Federal District, but it carries no less dignity and gravity. The associations that Jonah wanted to make here were obvious - connecting himself to the Republican traditions that they bore most proudly from their past - their role in the preservation of the Union and the emancipation. Tallying up with his visit to the Reagan Library in California and his visit-to-come to the Wolf Family Farm in Maine, his objective was clear. He wanted to depict himself as the heir to those legacies, rather than Richardson. More photographs, of course, of a pensive Governor with his hand on his heart. All good for later campaign activities. Yet, there was a moment of genuine reflection. Selfish motivations could not withstand the pressure of the history that this site held. He could almost feel it, tangible and heavy, weighing upon him. Like the great man himself glared down at him from heaven with scorn. Jonah’s desire to run for President was selfish and ideological. Even this moment wasn’t going to inspire a Damascene conversion but he couldn’t ignore the distinct feeling that - perhaps - he should pray more. Perhaps, he should be a bit more considerate. For fear of angering some cosmic force that might come around to beat him down. It was an ominous sensation.

Perhaps it was the fact that he lacked the humility of Lincoln. The manorial surroundings of his family upbringing were hardly comparable to the old log cabin. He wasn’t punching his way up the long way around. He was a cheat. A fraud. He’d shake off this sense of impostor syndrome in time, but for a few long, uncomfortable moments, Jonah’s place in the greater scale of things felt isolated, aberrant and deeply disquieting. After having his visit and his smiles, he went on to his next visit, putting on a façade to display no loss of enthusiasm.

Equality Boot Mine was just one of many coal mines in Ohio County, one of many in Kentucky, and one of many in the United States. Coal was what Jonah knew, coal was what ran in his blood, and he wasn’t going to ignore the obvious opportunity to make in-roads with a faction that ran closer to his heart as much as those more distant - expanding your coalition certainly didn’t mean neglecting your base. When he spoke to the miners, he demonstrated a clear understanding of both their work and the hardships they faced in it, and spoke with a deep, confident sympathy. The wind swept in his hair as he stood on the gantry on the front of one of the larger loader trucks that were ubiquitous at a mine (and he’d seen under construction when he was in Iowa), listening to what the miners had to say: speaking about the anxieties of losing their jobs in the Kentucky coal industry in particular. He spoke about how reversing the lingering effects of the Baharia era war on coal was a difficult process due to Democratic obstruction, and how close they were to working past it. He sees the pressure on their jobs, the dangers to their communities, and expressed his sympathy for their desire to do honest work for honest pay - and how virtuous that was. It was something he’d pretty much learned to deliver on tap. After collecting some more photographs and video footage, he’d spend time courting the mining executives who were at the site with him, wanting to yet again flirt with potential donors to try to improve his intake. He knew that his more establishment opponent had probably spent far longer building a warchest, and he had no desire to be outgunned when things came down to the wire.

His final stop in Kentucky would be to the Capital Plaza Hotel in Frankfort for the town hall that’d come at the end of any of his visits. His staff had done the work as ever, making sure that people were brought in from the early March cold, butts in seats, to ensure his proto-campaign maintained a healthy veneer of energy and potency, despite his lagging in the polls. He remained confident he could catch Richardson, of course, he just had to get there.

”Good evening, Kentucky. It’s not my first time here in the Bluegrass State by any means, but my visit here has been incredibly informative. Of course, people use an exploratory committee for many reasons. Some just for publicity, others just for donations. But what I wanted to find out here in Kentucky, as I’ve seen in so many other states, are the real stories of real people. That’s what interests me. Kentucky is full of people in key industries that have been failed by Democratic policies, both presidential and congressional, and even now, as the Democratic House obstructs vitally needed economic reforms, I’ve spoken to miners in Ohio County who don’t know if they’ll still have their jobs in six months time. I’ve spoken to factory workers in Louisville who aren’t sure if their industry have a future. That uncertainty is drastic and disturbing to me, and what they need is reassurance. Not a handout, not an environmental commitment, but the comfort of knowing they can still feed their family. The fact that Washington is failing to do that isn’t just a disgrace, it’s downright criminal.”

“I’m going to take everything that’s been said and will be said to me across the states I’ve visited and will visit, and whether I run for President or not, I’m going to take those stories to those skeletons in the federal closet, and I’m going to make them listen. That’s my promise to you. So please, give me your questions, give me your doubts, give me your concerns. I’m ready to hear them.”

"Do you believe the formerly incarcerated should be able to vote?"

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:58 pm

Dentali wrote:

Hey Nate,

I've finally collected the $5 million you asked for. Most of it is from me directly, but I've got some of my friends to contribute directly. I've attached a list of the people that donated to you on my behalf, along with their donations and my personal donations, so that you can get more information on the money that you are getting and have documents in case of attack in the primary.

Most sincerely,

Congressman Vohoffsky

To: Congressman Theodore Vohoffsky

Hey Theo,

Your support is incredibly well appreciated. For legal reasons I am not looking at any of the names and amounts attached, its probably fine but campaign finance law can be tricky as I am not supposed to coordinate with SuperPACs. Regardless this is a huge step towards victory, and I will be contacting everyone personally to thank them for their support.

Most sincerely,

Nate

Nate,

The AFM are a non-connected PAC, and as such come with no restrictions of super PACs. Just so you know.

Most sincerely,

Theo.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:10 pm

Dentali wrote:
Silverblade wrote:

"We have... what 640 or so days till the election?" Richardson pulls out his phone "I have about a dozen full days scheduled in Arizona before then at this point... I would classify Arizona as light red, i'm not particularly concerned about it in the general." Richardson checks what appears to be a calendar on his phone.

"But my victory means nothing if I don't bring others with me, I'm targeting the 1st, 2nd, and 6th Congressional districts in your state... trying to turn them or keep them red, and I know how to do that... Prendergast never had a tough race in his life, you and I have had nothing but tough races in swing states. I have a reputation... a well earned one... for being a tireless team player, I have campaigned across the country for hundreds of politicians, from dog catchers to Senators and Governors... i'd continue that as President."

"Now as for helping your state, I intend to launch a large initiative to help with water supply and infrastructure in the southwest. Arizona has had some issues with drought conditions in Lake Mead and allocating Colorado River water right? Your state, California, Texas and a few other states in need will get some extra funding to help out and prevent future water issues."

"Your legislature has been trying to expand the voucher program, I authored the DC voucher program and have a long history of expanding them in my state... I want to create Education Savings Accounts that will greatly benefit your state considering its struggling with education funding... And of course I support a strong border like President Wolf, but I want to focus on a more high tech 'Smart' border instead of the physical wall."

"Were you looking for something specific?"

"Hmm, you seem to be knowledgeable with my state but what does this "Smart" Border entail? I am not the most knowledgable with modern Technology, but how would you get Immigrants out with it? As a Border state, I want to ensure we are safely protected. "

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Dentali wrote:"Do you believe the formerly incarcerated should be able to vote?"

"Thank you for raising this question. It's a very important question, especially in light of the policy announcement from Governor Caldwell of Washington as to what she would like to do if she were in the Oval Office. As a Republican, the integrity of our elections and the importance of the right to vote is important to me. People forget that by percentage, more congressional Republicans voted for the Voting Rights Act of 1965 than Democrats. The Republican Party is the party of democracy. However, when someone has committed a crime, broken the social contract, they have violated the society in which they live and for that, they lose their right to participate in that society. For that, they are incarcerated, and they lose their right to vote. Their reintegration into society has to come with proof that they are upstanding and decent, and so I think that the formerly incarcerated shouldn't be allowed to vote until they have gone through some manner of process to validate whether they have become good, moral members of society. Until that point, no, they shouldn't vote. And it should certainly be out of the question for terrorists and pedophiles and traitors, despite what Governor Caldwell has said. Some crimes are unforgivable."
Neoliberal

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:24 pm

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Lowest Unemployment on Record for blacks! Lowest unemployment on record for women! President Wolf has done a great service to our nation! #MAGA

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

FACTS: Racism in this country was at an all time low until when demoRAT Baharia got elected! However, President Wolf has healed that divide and to be frank if you're black, and you haven't been successful under this great administration, it's your own fault! Rather than pointing the finger at and honest, hardworking man who is doing a great job at running this country, look at your own problems!

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Everything that the demorat media (CNN, MSNBC, abc etc) are feeding the great people of this great nation is FAKE! FAKE!

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

The swamp is FILTHY. But Arnold and Jonah are there for the small guy! They're there for the minorities! They're there for the middle class and blue collar! #MAGA

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Once we've elected @JPJ4USA as President, we will have TOOK OUR COUNTRY BACK from the globalist SCUM!

(Edit: tweet deleted IC)
Last edited by Agarntrop on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

FACTS: Racism in this country was at an all time low until when demoRAT Baharia got elected! However, President Wolf has healed that divide and to be frank if you're black, and you haven't been successful under this great administration, it's your own fault! Rather than pointing the finger at and honest, hardworking man who is doing a great job at running this country, look at your own problems!

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

If it wasn't anymore clear that racism and worker-shaming was still rife in the Republican Party, here's the clearest example of that. Instead of shaming the working people of this country, in particular POC, for the economy that is not working for them (only for the 1%), we need to balance the scales so that we put people first! Not corporations.

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:34 pm

Silverblade wrote:
Dentali wrote:
"We have... what 640 or so days till the election?" Richardson pulls out his phone "I have about a dozen full days scheduled in Arizona before then at this point... I would classify Arizona as light red, i'm not particularly concerned about it in the general." Richardson checks what appears to be a calendar on his phone.

"But my victory means nothing if I don't bring others with me, I'm targeting the 1st, 2nd, and 6th Congressional districts in your state... trying to turn them or keep them red, and I know how to do that... Prendergast never had a tough race in his life, you and I have had nothing but tough races in swing states. I have a reputation... a well earned one... for being a tireless team player, I have campaigned across the country for hundreds of politicians, from dog catchers to Senators and Governors... i'd continue that as President."

"Now as for helping your state, I intend to launch a large initiative to help with water supply and infrastructure in the southwest. Arizona has had some issues with drought conditions in Lake Mead and allocating Colorado River water right? Your state, California, Texas and a few other states in need will get some extra funding to help out and prevent future water issues."

"Your legislature has been trying to expand the voucher program, I authored the DC voucher program and have a long history of expanding them in my state... I want to create Education Savings Accounts that will greatly benefit your state considering its struggling with education funding... And of course I support a strong border like President Wolf, but I want to focus on a more high tech 'Smart' border instead of the physical wall."

"Were you looking for something specific?"

"Hmm, you seem to be knowledgeable with my state but what does this "Smart" Border entail? I am not the most knowledgable with modern Technology, but how would you get Immigrants out with it? As a Border state, I want to ensure we are safely protected. "

"its a multi step process, we need a ton of reform from the ground up when it comes to immigration policy. However just focusing on the enforcement for the moment..."

"We could build a large continuous wall that goes over mountains and through deserts but thats not the best use of taxpayer money. Mountains and deserts are already natural barriers. A "Smart" wall or a "Virtual" wall are more focused on detection and response. Any physical wall can be traversed given time and determination, and it doesn't nothing to help with visa overstays. We need to expand the number of ICE officers, pushing back on sanctuary cities, expedite deportations, and increase the efficiency and number of immigration courts."

"We need to invest in technology like drones, cameras, and other detection systems to monitor the border so that when a border crossing is attempted our law enforcement can get there in minutes rather than hours like we currently see."

"Additionally ending catch and release, sanctuary cities, and then giving aid packages to Central America in return for deliverables and clear benchmarks is a great way to alleviate pressure."

"I wrote a whole position paper I can send to you with a detailed breakdown if you wish."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:57 am

Michelle Dalton
Friday March 16th, 2019
Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky

Dalton had gathered a large group of supporters, press and curious onlookers outside Taylor Mill Elementary School in Covington, Kentucky. The objective was to create a large rally and show of force at the launch of her primary bid for the Kentucky Governor’s mansion. She had been low key campaigning for months now, fundraising, making hires, laying groundwork, and making key public appearances to prepare for the race and now she was finally ready.

Her connections and public profile brough national media along for the announcement, she was not going to nationalize the race (in fact much the opposite) but she would likely benefit from donors across the country as Sally Fields, and (Not Beto) did in previous years especially given her high name recognition.

Covington was chosen for a number of reasons, firstly she didn’t want to be seen as an urban candidate and the suburbs of Kenton County would provide an excellent backdrop for her. Secondly in the general election suburbs such as those in Kenton would be what needed to flip in order to secure her victory, with her team estimating they would need at minimum 15% of Republican voters to defect for her against the unpopular incumbent and with the suburbs increasing infuriated with Wolf this was her best chance. Thirdly (Not Bevin) had attacked teachers consistently and she would be able to count on the teachers unions to provide a great deal of votes and resources.

“Good Morning and God Bless!!!” Dalton said approaching the podium dressed professionally and appropriately “Before we start my friend Pastor Eric Gibson is going to lead us in prayer”

Dalton bowed her head quietly and stepped away from the podium as Eric gave a brief prayer for everyone in attendance, the state and the country. This was only partly a political calculation, Dalton had been devoutly religious and very public about it since her stint in rehab. After the Prayer she started up again.

“My friends we are gathered here today to stand for decency, to stand for Kentucky Values of Faith, Hard Work, and Belief in a Better Future. We stand here today to say our conversations should not be about right versus left, but right versus wrong. We stand here today to say no more of the incompetent governorship of (Not Bevin), and I am proud to stand among you to announce my candidacy for the Governorship of Kentucky!”

The crowd cheered and cameras clicked incessantly. She smiled and gave the sense of poised dignified confidence her acting training had taught her. She waited for the noise to die down before continuing.

“We cannot afford 4 more years of this Governor, a man who slashes pensions, attacks our teachers, takes away healthcare and ignores the real kitchen table issues that affect everyday Kentuckians. We have seen again and again (Not Bevin) make millions in cuts to our colleges, resort to name calling when our teachers asked for a pay increase, break our pension promises, and ignore the opioid crisis killing dozens people in our state every day and thousands. (Not Bevin) has attacked Medicaid which provides affordable healthcare to half a million Kentuckians, trying to roll back Medicare but failing because people like you MADE A STAND!”

“All of this, all of the problems from this administration come from one root cause… a lack of empathy. (Not Bevin) does not see you, he does not hear you, he does not understand what it’s like to struggle to get by.”

“My name is Michelle Dalton, my father abandoned me and my mom before I was born. My mother struggled working multiple jobs to make ends meet, I grew up in a trailer park or in the home of friends who took pity on us. Eventually we got out, but not without scars, ones I still have today. I struggled with many demons, like the addiction to drugs that grips too many in our state today. I know what its like to be lost, lonely, and left behind. I got help, I found faith, and I overcame it with the help of family, friends and God. But I will ALWAYS bear those scars, I will ALWAYS remember and I will ALWAYS hear you because of that. And I will always know just how lucky I was to escape poverty.”

“(Not Bevin) has been more concerned with attacking unions than improving the lives of our workers. Last year he cut workers comp, the only protection those injured on the job have… but that wasn’t enough, he created more barriers and bureaucratic hurdles to keep workers from getting the compensation they not only deserve but desperately need to put food on the table for their families. Last year he tried to repeal the Kentucky Performance Bond, that protects blue collar workers from bankruptcy. His job number one has been hurting working people, as governor my number one job will be improving their lives.”

“He made 40% cut in unemployment benefits, which helps our people in times of hardship, that got so many families through the recession. Everywhere you look, cuts to the vital services and benefits the people of the state rely on. What do we get in return? No great savings or lower taxes, heck the state tax exemption was lowered by $10,000 and our retirees had their bill go up by $500 a year. That’s not a tax break.”

“(Not Bevin) repealed the prevailing wage, lowered blue collar pay and reduced the standard of living for thousands in our state. Every day we see the results in a skilled trades shortage that effects our government, schools, and businesses, thats what happens when you lower wages, remove, benefits and safety protections, people leave and people suffer. Too many in the state have been left behind, so its time to take a stand.”

“(Not Bevin) doesn’t understand the Pensions are Promises, our pensions system is $43 billion in debt, and in the past for years (Not Bevin)has only allowed it to get worse, he has continued to double down on the anti-blue collar policies that aren’t giving us a chance to succeed. Anyone who works hard their wholes lives deserves to be able to retire with the dignity promised to them.”

“When our teachers made a stand to protest some of the lowest pay in the country (Not Bevin) resorted to name calling, to attacking the people who educate our children instead of attacking the problem. As Governor my number 1 priority will be education. Quality education, invested and motivated teachers can put our children AND our economy on the right path. Not committing to education,continuing to have among the lowest teacher pay in the country, not investing in children, puts our state on a downward slope. We need to commit to creating a world class education and a guaranteed retirement for teachers.”

“In this election you can choose to vote for (Not Bevin) and four more years of declining coal country, (Not Bevin) and 4 more years of failing rural healthcare, (Not Bevin) and four more years of underperforming schools, (Not Bevin) and 4 more year of slashing pensions. Or you can vote for FOR THE PEOPLE OF KENTUCKY! (Not Bevin) has attacked minorities, immigrants, refugees, teachers, blue collar workers, and if you do not speak up at the voting booth, I promise he will not speak up for you. So when it comes to election day, don’t vote left or right, vote for the people of Kentucky.”

“But I don’t just want to focus on (Not Bevin), I want to talk about where our state needs to go instead. On day one of office as Governor I will issue 3 executive orders; the first to increase transparency in Government because the doors of the Capital should ALWAYS be open, the second to restore voting rights to those who have finished serving their time for non-violent felonies, over 100,000 people, and the thirdly to protect Medicaid from the attempts to slash it by rescinding the Medicaid waiver.”

“I support protecting and fulfilling our pension obligations. A Pension is a promise, and leaving it $43 billion in debt is just plain wrong. That’s why I support the expansion of gaming and the legalization of Medical Marijuana in our state. The revenue gained from taxes on Medical Marijuana and gaming will go into a lock box that will exclusively fund our pension system.”

“I support a pay raise for teachers, $2,000 a year across the board… but that’s not enough we need a brand new board of education, reform from the top down to attract the best and brightest educators to the state, create better facilities for learning and engage parents to support the education of their children. Education is my number one priority, because I have kids too and I know the single best path for success in life is through a good education. It’s an old cliche but education truly is the silver bullet which lets us tackle all the other problems in society.”

“That is how we ensure good jobs in every community, education and forward thinking policies… Its not enough to protect the jobs we already have, we need to get ready for the jobs of the future. We have seen manufacturing jobs under (Not Bevin) disappear while they strengthen across the country. We need more advanced manufacturing jobs and to invest in areas like Agritech and Clean Coal which we can become the national leaders in. We do this through workforce training, targeted towards the most in demand skills. We must invest in PEOPLE not in the big businesses and corporate interests (Not Bevin) is beholden to.”

“Healthcare is a Human Right. After we rescind the Medicaid request of (Not Bevin) we must move forward by first lowering the cost of prescription drugs. We must cap the cost of prescriptions and increase competition in the field to lower costs across the board. We will protect those with Pre-Existing Conditions! And ensure everyone has access to the care they need!”

“A scourge that affects too many in our state is the Opioid crisis. I am incredibly proud of the work our Attorney General has done in going after the companies responsible for addicting millions in the country. As Governor not only will he have my full support but I will double the investment in treating those addicting and making efforts to ensure this never happens again. We are going to open another 10 treatment centers across the state just to start!”

“This year you have a decision to make, not right versus left but right versus wrong. A decision to stand by Kentucky values of Faith, Hard Work, and a Belief in a Better Future, those so vital to our success. A decision about respect and dignity, about promises and the kind of opportunity you want for your children, about the right to retire and have a job to take pride in. What kind of Commonwealth do you want to be? What kind of history do you want to make? A Commonwealth that leads the country, or lags behind?”

“Our Commonwealth is more than just a spot on the map, it is an idea, it is a promise, to work for the common good of all people. We must work to teach our children to treasury the values we profess in words and actions, and as your Governor I hope to lead by example. Thank you and God Bless the Commonwealth of Kentucky.”

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:38 am

Los Angeles, 23rd February 2019

Vohoffsky went to the pop-up restaurant, got his table, ordered some expensive wine and waited for Ben to start the meeting.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Dentali wrote:
Silverblade wrote:

"its a multi step process, we need a ton of reform from the ground up when it comes to immigration policy. However just focusing on the enforcement for the moment..."

"We could build a large continuous wall that goes over mountains and through deserts but thats not the best use of taxpayer money. Mountains and deserts are already natural barriers. A "Smart" wall or a "Virtual" wall are more focused on detection and response. Any physical wall can be traversed given time and determination, and it doesn't nothing to help with visa overstays. We need to expand the number of ICE officers, pushing back on sanctuary cities, expedite deportations, and increase the efficiency and number of immigration courts."

"We need to invest in technology like drones, cameras, and other detection systems to monitor the border so that when a border crossing is attempted our law enforcement can get there in minutes rather than hours like we currently see."

"Additionally ending catch and release, sanctuary cities, and then giving aid packages to Central America in return for deliverables and clear benchmarks is a great way to alleviate pressure."

"I wrote a whole position paper I can send to you with a detailed breakdown if you wish."

"I believe I have seen that paper, and it makes sense. Of course, our economy may be good but it can be spent on other Programs. That is all my questions, for now, Governor"

"I thank you for the time, your policies are appealing but I will not make a full statement on my endorsement yet. I still have a few people I would like to speak with you before then."

Stuart Rises and shakes the Governor's hand. "If I do endorse you I will do everything to ensure you get Elected, but I will do the same with anyone else I endorse."

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

@MichelleDalton has championed causes that our campaign has wholeheartedly endorsed — middle class tax cuts, boosting teacher pay, and healthcare expansions. She understands the plight of the poor in her state from personal experience. I am proud to throw my full support behind her gubernatorial campaign in Kentucky. She has what it takes to serve the workers of her state. #DaltonForKentucky
Last edited by Azekopolaltion on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:United States Congress, Washington D.C.

First on the list was Senator James Moore of Michigan, a prickly liberal who had a good background and strong record, one who would make a very viable VP candidate if the vetting matched his surface impressions. She arranged the meeting, arrived at his office at the stated time and asked to see him.

Moore graciously invited Goldman in "Good to see you Senator" he said warmly to his colleague. "Can i get you something to drink? Please make yourself at home" Moore then made his way to a small cabinet and poured himself a glass of water.

"I'm fine, thank you." Goldman said in a warm tone, hoping to get the Senator's guard down before she approached him with her proposal.
Please Watch

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:04 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Los Angeles, 23rd February 2019

Vohoffsky went to the pop-up restaurant, got his table, ordered some expensive wine and waited for Ben to start the meeting.

February 23rd, 2019

Ben Montgomery
Gotham Cafe, Los Angeles,
California, United States

Ben thought about taking Vohoffsky to the restaurants in the upper state of California, however given Vohoffsky's status, Ben thought about taking him somewhere that he figured would appeal to his style. Los Angeles was a place that Montgomery didn't like going, though it was part of California after all. It was no New York, but it was easy to get caught up in the wealth and vices of within the city. Ben picked a decent place, since one of the chefs were from a Michelin star joint. The restaurant of the Gotham Cafe was a trendy pop-up restaurant in Los Angeles. Ben given Theodore the address of the place, where it was easy to know where it was, due to the green awning and the tracing of the city skyline. A common joke with the restaurant was that it was based off of the actual Gotham Cafe from the Stephen King using the same name. Though, it was just a mere coincidence, yet the owners of the restaurant were planning on doing the restaurant again on October in actual New York.

Just a little bucket of blood to serve as decoration, but only in October.

Ben Montgomery arrived from the enterance with the copy of Vohoffsky's The Conservatism of the Future: America of the 21st Century. He brought the manifesto to help him with the meeting. The interior was all white. Some Impressionist artwork hung from the walls, as Ben show Vohoffsky at a table, drinking from a bottle of wine, though Ben couldn't see if it was red or white wine. He might as well get a glass of champagne and some water to wash it down.

"Mr. Vohoffsky." Ben approached Vohoffsky, as he took a seat at the table. "I do apologize for the hassle. I wanted to make sure the food was good. Plus, I figured the area was appealing to your tastes." Ben explained, as he put the manifesto on the table.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Dentali wrote:

Moore graciously invited Goldman in "Good to see you Senator" he said warmly to his colleague. "Can i get you something to drink? Please make yourself at home" Moore then made his way to a small cabinet and poured himself a glass of water.

"I'm fine, thank you." Goldman said in a warm tone, hoping to get the Senator's guard down before she approached him with her proposal.

Moore sat behind his desk "So how can I help you today Senator?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:
(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

@MichelleDalton has championed causes that our campaign has wholeheartedly endorsed — middle class tax cuts, boosting teacher pay, and healthcare expansions. She understands the plight of the poor in her state from personal experience. I am proud to throw my full support behind her gubernatorial campaign in Kentucky. She has what it takes to serve the workers of her state. #DaltonForKentucky

EMAIL

To: Senator Westra

Senator, I would like to thank you in the strongest possible terms for your endorsement.
It means so much and I hope your can bring the kind of change nationally that I am aiming to bring to my state. Unfortunately a large part of of my campaign strategy is to avoid nationalizing the race, the more the governor is tied to Wolf and I to the Democratic Party at large the greater the possibility I lose the race. This is the sad reality of things, so while I greatly appreciate your support and whatever aid you can discreetly send my way, I am unable to publicly acknowledge your endorsement.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:12 pm

Silverblade wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"I believe I have seen that paper, and it makes sense. Of course, our economy may be good but it can be spent on other Programs. That is all my questions, for now, Governor"

"I thank you for the time, your policies are appealing but I will not make a full statement on my endorsement yet. I still have a few people I would like to speak with you before then."

Stuart Rises and shakes the Governor's hand. "If I do endorse you I will do everything to ensure you get Elected, but I will do the same with anyone else I endorse."

"I wouldn't expect you to make an endorsement as of yet, its still quite early and I would be surprised if anyone did endorse at this point. I would simply ask that before endorsing formally you give me a chance for a second interview." Richardson rises and shakes his hand "Thank you for meeting with me."

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:48 pm

Dentali wrote:
Silverblade wrote:

"I wouldn't expect you to make an endorsement as of yet, its still quite early and I would be surprised if anyone did endorse at this point. I would simply ask that before endorsing formally you give me a chance for a second interview." Richardson rises and shakes his hand "Thank you for meeting with me."

After saying his goodbyes Stuart looks back at his schedule. He had another meeting this time with john Pendergast. "Well this will be interesting"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:29 am

Nathaniel Richardson
Radio Interview WGTK 94.5
Greensville- Spartanburg-Asheville- Anderson Market

Hudson: Good morning South Carolina! This is the Morning Answer with Joey Hudson, today I am joined by special guest Governor of North Carolina and Presidential Candidate Nathaniel Richardson. Governor Richardson thank you for joining us.

Richardson: My pleasure thank you for having me.

Hudson: Governor this legislative session in South Carolina has been hailed as the “Year of Education” What do you believe should be the next steps federally regarding education?

Richardson: A key part of my platform is ESAs or Education Savings Accounts. Essentially they are vouchers 2.0. Using these accounts parents can customize the education of their children, pay for online classes, tutors, pay tuition at private schools, or even save for college. Every kid should be able to have a good education regardless of their individual needs or their parents income. Engaged parents know better than anyone what their own child needs to succeed, and ESAs have a huge success rate in state’s like mine.

Hudson: A major solar bill is making its way through the legislature right now, and to the surprise of many the outlook seems positive for its passage. How do you feel about advancing Solar power and alternative energy?

Richardson: The energy freedom act right? I’ve actually been watching it closely… After the Fairfield County nuclear project got shuttered South Carolina really needed this, the utility monopoly was getting to be a serious problem, if clean energy is going to thrive it has to be allowed to compete which is exactly what this bill does. I believe in supporting all forms of energy and making sure the consumer has a lower energy bill but we should always invest in developing new energy sources that allow us flexibility and those consumer options. More states should take a look at what South Carolina is doing.

Hudson: Our state, like many around the country, has a $21 billion hole in unfunded benefits promised to retirees and workers. How do you believe states should fulfill pension obligations?

Richardson: Its a difficult question, states should really not make fiscally unstable plans to begin with. States like South Carolina have promised huge sums in pension money they should have known they could never fulfill, we see this not just in pensions but everywhere in government which is why the federal government is trillions in debt.

More specifically however states should try and switch over to sustainable plans with defined-contribution plans like a 401k. A state should do everything it can to meet its obligations without raising taxes, even if it can’t meet the current arrangement directly they should just and offer tax breaks or credits that can help make up the difference. But all that needs to be negotiated in good faith, with trust and honesty.

Hudson: The South Carolina legislature wants to put an armed officer in every public school, do you think this is an appropriate way to protect them.

Richardson: Not only do I think School Resource Officers are vital to school safety I will support a federal grant program to assist states in hiring them. The program will be split into two parts, the first will deal with “hardening” targets, making schools safer with cameras, better locks, training for staff, and a dozen other measures that can help protect schools without armed officers which I expect every state to take advantage of. Then another separate bill will be specifically geared towards providing armed School Resource Officers which I expect would be much harder to pass and many states would not take full advantage of. I firmly believe schools are safer with School Resource Officers and every state should employ them in every school both public and private, however I fully acknowledge not every state agrees with me on this, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have some federal support.

Hudson: 4 out of 5 South Carolina residents support legalizing medical marijuana, but law enforcement officials have voiced opposition to the idea saying medical marijuana doesn’t have approval from the FDA. Where do you stand on Medical marijuana?

Richardson: Personally I don’t believe it's nearly the ‘wonder drug’ many are claiming, however there have been some interesting studies and I know people personally who have struggled with chronic pain and medical marijuana has been one of the few measures that have helped. Additionally I have consistently seen data that has led me to support the expansion of medical marijuana in my own state.

I believe every state should be allowed to authorize medical marijuana to the extent they are comfortable. As President I would ask the FDA to immediately and comprehensively review and analyze marijuana and follow their recommendations regarding the extent it should be available federally, but my administration would certainly not be cracking down on state legalization of marijuana.

Hudson: Recently Senator Anderson blamed President Baharia for worsening the racial divide in this country and that President Wolf healed the divide. Do you agree with that?

Richardson: I think that elected the first black President was a massive milestone in this country’s history and sparked a conversation about the milestones we have yet to reach. It also brought certainly ugly aspects of our country to the forefront. President Wolf has done a great deal of good in improving the standard of living in minority communities, from the First Step Act to history wage growth and unemployment numbers in minority communities. Neither President’s contribution should be underestimated.

That being said the progress we have made as a country on race is bigger than any one person, President or not, and the progress we have to still make is something that needs to be made in every person’s heart, and the President can only do so much to fight against racism… we can’t count on them to make the change we need to see in our country.

Hudson: You have made statements regarding restoring the rights of the formerly incarcerated to vote, a position your rival for the Republican nomination, Governor Prendergast, has recently agreed with. Can you talk about that stance a bit.

Richardson: First let me just say I am glad Prendergast and I agree on this issue. Non violent offenders who have served their time should have their voting rights restored, but allowing the incarcerated to vote before they serve their time… especially violent criminals… I would never consider that.

Hudson: Governor thats all the time we have, thank you for joining us.

Richardson: My pleasure.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:07 am

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I'm fine, thank you." Goldman said in a warm tone, hoping to get the Senator's guard down before she approached him with her proposal.

"Senator Moore, I realise that we may not be on the same wing of the Democratic Party, but I wish that we can get on better terms politically and build up a cross-wing partnership to help increase party unity."
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:27 am

Dentali wrote:

"Senator Moore, I realise that we may not be on the same wing of the Democratic Party, but I wish that we can get on better terms politically and build up a cross-wing partnership to help increase party unity."

"Well thats the goal" Moore said matter of factually "This year is going to see the party tear itself apart in order to be the nominee, i'm going to do everything I can to minimize the damage.... I'm glad to see we agree on that goal."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:33 am

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Senator Moore, I realise that we may not be on the same wing of the Democratic Party, but I wish that we can get on better terms politically and build up a cross-wing partnership to help increase party unity."

"Well thats the goal" Moore said matter of factually "This year is going to see the party tear itself apart in order to be the nominee, i'm going to do everything I can to minimize the damage.... I'm glad to see we agree on that goal."

"Exactly, Senator. I've been moving more to the left publicly to create a strong party line, yet there are those much further to my left who demand more, like Murphy. There's a balancing act, in my opinion - move too far right and our base doesn't turn out, but move too far left and even our core base becomes alienated."
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:52 am

Dentali wrote:

"Exactly, Senator. I've been moving more to the left publicly to create a strong party line, yet there are those much further to my left who demand more, like Murphy. There's a balancing act, in my opinion - move too far right and our base doesn't turn out, but move too far left and even our core base becomes alienated."

"I would recommend you not go too far to the left, you can never satisfy the Progressive crowd with half measures and compromise, besides authenticity is vital in todays world. I would say if you moved any further right you would be a Republican."

Moore takes a beat and considers further "So does this mean you're running?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse