NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:08 pm

Tim Westra
@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

Made a new addition to our tax plan to make payroll taxes fairer; by raising the earnings cap on FICA taxes, we can save Social Security until 2070. #SocialSecurity #KeepOurPromise

Tim Westra
@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

We have also done some recalculations because our team is all about #ProgressivePopularPaidFor. The good news is that our tax plans, not including the payroll tax cap increase, raise $15.37 trillion, while our spending plans total about $14.98 trillion, not including our Social Security expansion. This leaves us with over $300 billion in extra revenue to use on a new plan, plus budget consolidation proposals will raise more. Stay tuned...
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:53 pm

For the many, not the few

Green New Deal

“Some may still deny the overwhelming judgement of science, but none can avoid the devastating impact of raging fires and crippling drought and more powerful storms.” - former President Baharia

The scientific consensus on climate change means that as leaders, we can no longer sit idly as the world around us falls apart. Rising temperatures and rising sea levels intend to create the extinction of flora and fauna, the eroding of cities across the United States close to our seas and the eventual refugee crisis it will create. The time for debate on climate change is over, enablers of the large fossil fuel giants still continue to be paid the big dollars, supported by the media, but it's time for a bold, new direction. Action on climate change is urgent. Action on climate change must be in 2020.

What will the impact of climate change be on the U.S.?

1,300 scientists from the IPCC (many of them American) agree that global temperatures will increase 10 degress Fahrenheit over the next century. Such an increase in temperature would be devastating, not only for the United States of America, but the entire world. Storms, droughts and heat waves are predicted to become worse with this increase in temperature, with previously once-in-20-year droughts become the occurrence every year or every second year. This is unsustainable - it would hurt agriculture - but most importantly, it would hurt the futures of all our children and the upcoming generations. According to NASA, by 2100, the sea-levels will rise by 1 to 4 feet. Peoples houses, communities will be flooded; and the American Presidents who agreed to do nothing will have all the blame. We need immediate action, and as President, we will take immediate action.

How we're going to do it

The Green New Deal is the solution, based-off the New Deal enacted by Franklin D. Roosevelt during World War Two. We need another World War Two level of mobilization to fight against climate change, in the same fashion we fought against fascism and Nazism in Europe, we must take leadership. A Green New Deal will radically transform the economy to a zero-carbon, 100% renewable energy future, using the new and expanding technologies that have presented themselves to us. This includes solar, geothermal, hydro and more. This process must be concluded by 2040, as the scientists tell us. To complete it, the U.S. must expand employment in the renewable sector while enacting a real and just transition plan for many of the unsustainable industries. This means investment in coal country, promoting public transport and creating a nationalized-power grid.

What we're going to do

• 100% Renewable Energy by 2040
    The United States must move to entirely renewable energy sources by 2040 at the very latest. This means federally-funded investment programs in many communities across the country, promoting jobs in many places devastated by the neoliberal economic model. This mass-investment in renewable energy will transition the energy sector entirely to renewable sources at latest by 2040. These renewable sources include: solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, as well as new and emerging technologies.
  • 20 million more renewable jobs
    In this transition to renewable energy in a twenty-year span, we must create 20 million new well-paying, unionized jobs in this sector. These new employment options will include installing, operating and working these new renewable energy sources that will be powering America. The Conservation Corp will also be re-introduced, where full-employment is guaranteed to help reduce the carbon footprint of the United States, help clean up our cities, national parks and oceans.
  • Introduce a carbon tax
    To reduce the amount of carbon dioxide emissions from the United States, in order to uphold the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement, a tax must be levied against each tonne of carbon emitted by the large fossil fuel corporations. Such a model has been used around the world and has been successful in not only reducing the amount of total carbon emissions, but also in raising government revenue that can then be used to invest in clean and renewable energy in the future. This tax will exist until the phasing-out period until 2040 is concluded.
  • Rejoin Paris Climate Agreement and be an international leader on climate action
    The United States of America must re-join the Paris Climate Agreement and live up to our expectations and duties as the most powerful country on the planet. As well as being the richest country in the world, the United States has a duty to lead the way in pioneering the development of renewable technology and supporting an international consensus on taking strong and decisive action. Instead of sabotaging international forums on climate change, we must take a new role in promoting and supporting the development towards a zero carbon emission future.
  • Keep our energy publicly-owned
    While transforming the energy sector of the country, we need to keep all of our new renewable energy assets in our hands, not in the hands of large corporate conglomerates or monopolies. Having our energy sector under public control will mean that we can scale down electricity prices for Americans and provide good-paying union jobs for those who work in the sector. A renewable future, under the control of companies like Exxon Mobile and Shell, will mean price-gouging of the consumer and holding electricity for ransom. That's why we will have all renewable sources in public hands, not in the hands of the few.
  • Transition plans for workers in fossil fuels, natural gas and other industries
    A transition plan is necessary for the many thousands of workers who rely on the fossil fuel, natural gas and other sectors for employment. As a union man himself, Levi understands the importance of having a just transition for these hard-working Americans, who deserve the most respect. During the phasing-out, any of those left unemployed will receive five years worth of a compensation pension (scaled to the pay they received while employed), with all benefits that received in their industries plus more. If requested, re-training opportunities will be provided to these workers and they will receive first priority for new employment opportunities in the Green New Deal. We can turn old dying-coal towns in the epicenters of the green revolution.
  • Invest in public resources for coal country
    Climate change will have an undeniable impact on much of coal country, from West Virginia to Wyoming. We must follow the example established by places in Europe such as Germany, who transformed these communities from being reliant solely on the coal or fossil fuel industry to epicenters of a new, green revolution. These locations will be prime sites for new ind farms, solar generation and battery plants, where former workers can receive direct employment in good-paying, union jobs. Former mines will be revitalized into national parks where we will make efforts of re-forestation, or use the land as public parks, or for museums and libraries.
  • $1 public transport and public transport investment
    A Green New Deal must also comprise of the total de-carbonation of the economy, including on an individual level. The best way to keep as many cars of our roads and highways in the use of public transport. We must have cheap and reliable public transport, not only in our major cities but for our small towns and counties. Public transport fees must only be at a maximum of a dollar, to increase use of public transport and promote it as a new solution to cars. We need tram services in all major cities, in New York, Houston, Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas and more. Further, real investment must be made is pan-American train lines, both for civilian and trade purposes.
  • Ending fossil fuel subsidies
    A green economy cannot exist while the federal government hands out highly priced subsidies to the dirty industries of natural gas, fossil fuels and so on. All subsidies for these industries must be ended immediately so that real and proper investments can be put into renewable energies where they belong.
  • Make electric vehicles affordable for every-day Americans
    We cannot expect the total de-carbonization of the economy by simply expecting consumers to switch to electric vehicles. To reduce costs and for more ease on the working-class communities across this country, price controls will be used to push down the excessive prices of electric vehicles. The United States, and the working people of in our heartlands, cannot simply wait for market mechanisms to reduce prices, these very profitable industries can afford to sell their vehicles at lower prices.

• Take on big agribusiness by breaking down monopolies
    It is undeniable the impact of big agribusiness on emissions through their unsustainable practices on the countries environment and their lop-sided contribution to climate change. Anti-monopoly laws must be used to break up the large agribusiness monopolies and return the power to small family farms and businesses (which have been squeezed by agribusiness). This is the only way to not only reduce CO2 from their profit-driven practices and protecting American farmers who have been targeted or bought-out by the ever-growing agribusiness monopolies.
  • More investment for renewable research & development
    While our international competitors develop and claim intellectual property in renewable technology, the United States is clearly falling behind. There must be a direct investment in the sciences, particularly in research and development in new renewable technology sources. Only then will we be able to provide cheaper and American-made technology for the Green New Deal. This technology will also be necessary for supporting developing nations in South East Asia and Africa, as the climate crisis is an international struggle.
  • Support re-forestation on Native American Reserves
    Before European colonization, the Native people of North America lived with the ecosystem and protected the environment. We must support our first nations people in their own environmental efforts to protect and preserve their lands. Support for Native Americans on their own reserves is imperative, and greater efforts of re-forestation and care for the environment need to be supported. This includes protecting Native American reserves and reverse the attacks against Native American Reserves. This includes stopping the Keystone Pipeline in North Dakota and other projects like it.
  • Declare a climate emergency
    The climate crisis facing our planet is nothing short of an emergency. We will declare climate change as a national emergency, an issue that must be acted on immediately to prevent the collapse of our ecosystem and the irreparable damage it could incur on future generations. This is following an international movement to declare climate emergencies, and we will be following in the footsteps of 1,348 jurisdictions across the world who have declared this as an emergency (including many American cities).
  • Protect our air and water with stronger regulations
    Water and air is life, not only for us, but the many species that co-inhabit this world we live on. We must take the protection of our water and air seriously, as one affects the other and will gradually degrade the standard of life in the United States of America. We must enact stronger regulations on the protection of these assets. Nestle is currently stealing important water reserves from Oregon, California, Michigan and more, and this day-light robbery must end before we lose it all. Further pollution regulations need to be enacted for safe and breathable air in our major cities (particularly where it is the worst in the Mid-West, the Southern states and California). Flint, Michigan and the many towns like it need immediate federal support to fix the water supplies, despite untrustworthy information that they were "fixed".
  • Remove fossil fuel influences in the EPA, making our EPA pro-environment
    The Environmental Protection Agency was designed to protect the environment, not role back protections on the bidding of big companies and their CEOs who are promoted to the EPA. We need to clean out the EPA if we want it to be a pro-environment organisation. That's why we need to replace the former CEOs, lobbyists and so on, with real scientists, environmental activists and our first nations people who understand this earth best. Only then can we have a pro-environment EPA.
  • Ban on fracking
    Fracking is not only hazardous to our environmental, but hazardous to many of our farmers and workers in the agricultural sector. The methods of fracking are so harmful that there is no longer a case for the use of fracking, particularly as renewable technology becomes more and more accessible. There must be a total ban on all fracking in the United States of America.

Last edited by Puertollano on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:56 pm

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

Our Green New Deal is live!

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

Our Green New Deal is the most ambitious environmental policy platform yet in 2020, the most progressive, most pro-worker and the most pro-Earth! We need to phase out fossil fuels, but we need to do so in a way that puts workers first, the climate first and putting the responsibility of the big polluters who knew for decades the impact of CO2 emissions and climate change.

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Postby Azekopolaltion » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:35 am

Tim Westra 2020
Mesquite, Nevada

Tim was back on the stump, here in the state of Nevada where he had been polling quite strongly. He had held meetings with unions here in Nevada who were supportive of his pro-worker plans, and favored his healthcare plan especially. This was a state that he was looking to do very well in, and it was time to reassert some of that strength. He had been doing a lot of retail in this state as well as Iowa and New Hampshire in the past few weeks, but he was going to do a few rallies again.

Following a New Jersey union surrogate's introduction, Tim waked onstage to his campaign song, No Surrender, blaring on the speakers. He waved at the crowd, who were there to support him in fine numbers.

“Thank you! Thank you! Hello, my brothers and sisters of Mesquite! I’m so happy to be back here in Nevada! I love you guys back! Thank you so much!”

"Our campaign's singular message is one of service and values. We promise to bring the values of honesty, compassion, and sharing to our administration. I say 'our' because it will truly be of, by and for the people. It won't be about our cabinet getting rich off of corporate lobbying. No, we'll only be in service of the 99%."

"Nevada is one of the best states to emphasize the value of service. That's why our campaign held the Candidate Day of Service in this state last month! It was such a success, and it was all because of you guys, who turned up to help out and improve the community."

"Many of you are proud Democrats, and I'm sure you are ready to carry out your responsibility of being one of the first caucuses to vote in our election cycle. This campaign is not just about restoring the entire political system to its roots. It's also about bringing the Democratic Party home. My personal commitment is to work to return the Democratic Party to its highest ideals, a party that protects our precious environment, a party that gives a voice to the voiceless, a party that stands for peace, true national security and an end to regime change wars. A party that doesn't cave to the special corporate interests and the Republican reactionaries in Congress!"

"My commitment to you is that I will continue to stand up — against the establishment, the media elite, the powerful neoliberal and neocon doctrine — for what is right no matter the political consequence. I will continue to speak up for EVERY single American in this country, and I will continue to talk about the unifying leadership I will bring as President. I am in this race asking for the opportunity to serve every person in this country, not just the viewers of MSNBC, CNN, Fox, or ABC. I’m in this race for you."

"Our people are not as divided or partisan as our corporate media would have us believe. And I am here to speak with — and serve — every person in our great nation, to take democracy back from those who try to silence our voices. Whether you're a Democrat, an Independent, a Republican, or a former Wolf Supporter, this campaign is for you. I'm not part of the liberal elite who believes that allegiance to the party means getting in bed with Wall Street and turning our backs on Main Street."

"Today in America, tens of millions of people are struggling to put bread on the table and are often one paycheck away from economic devastation. Meanwhile, the wealthiest people in this country have never had it so good. And in my view, a nation that caters to the greed of the billionaire class will not survey morally, economically, or politically. That is also what this campaign is about. It is about telling the billionaire class that NO, you cannot have it all. And that is, of course, why they are fighting so hard to defeat us.”

“Well, we’ve got some bad news for them. We are building a grassroots movement to tackle the unlimited greed of Corporate America. That starts with unions. That starts with workers. That starts with the 99% standing up and fighting back. I’m proud to say that we have raised so much money with a minuscule average contribution size. We are not taking a dime from corporate PACS, or federal lobbyists. You cannot defeat a fundamentally corrupt system by taking their money.”

“These aren’t platitudes. My record makes it clear that I’ve always shown up for what’s right. I’ve never flip-flopped. I’ve never been vague. My career in politics has only been about making the moral decision. Years before anyone adopted this idea, I wrote the American Reinvestment Act of 1993 as a Senate policy advisor, which would have expanded the Earned Income Tax Credit to boost our crumbling middle class. I didn’t care about falling out of line with the party. I fought for Americans workers by leading the charge in opposition to NAFTA, against the will of President Clifford and the New Democrats. As a Congressman, I founded the Blue Collar Caucus to give workers real representation in the House. Not only did I loudly advocate against Clifford’s mass deregulation and dismantling of Glass-Steagall, I authored a bill in 2000 that did not pass, but paved the way for the groundbreaking [not Dodd Frank] Act almost a decade later.”

"And our campaign is leading the policy discussion in this race. We've released plans that have been hailed by my colleagues and several progressive activists. We've released the most detailed and precise plan to fight climate change while ensuring that we keep workers safe from the tyranny of the fossil fuel industry. We have to impose a price on carbon to lower emissions and we'll spend that money on a just transition for workers. And I'll put the energy execs who lied about the crisis in jail for the harm their disinformation has done. I'll vastly expand tax credits to clean energy companies. This requires a full scale mobilization, and the United States is not the type to sit on the sidelines while others do the heavy lifting. We have to pitch in, for the future of our children and our world. Together, friends, we'll get to carbon neutrality by 2035 and prevent the devastating storms that are already ravaging communities like those in Puerto Rico."

"I have released the biggest slate of pro-worker policies in the history of presidential campaigns. A federal jobs guarantee, to rebuild our nation, make sure every American is job-secure, and protect workers from the threat of automation. The biggest middle class tax cut in history with an expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit to make hard work pay. A new tax credit to raise teacher wages. Stabilizing farm prices to revitalize American agriculture. Sharing corporate wealth with workers by mandating that big employers provide their workers with a stake in the company. Preserving seats on corporate boards for workers. Ending at-will employment. Giving federal workers the right to strike!"

"This is the most-ambitious, most workable slate of pro-worker proposals in the race. We are going to make America into a social democracy that preserves the economic rights of everyone, not the greed of the 1%."

"And there's a reason why our latest campaign slogan is PROGRESSIVE, POPULAR, AND PAID FOR. Because, while others are talking and talking, we're saying exactly how we're gonna get it done. We've done the math, crunched the numbers. We're the only Democratic campaign to have released a tax plan to finance our programs. A wealth tax, raising marginal rates, tying the capital gains tax to the income tax rate, taxing financial transactions, raising the real corporate tax rate, restoring and raising the estate tax, lifting the cap on payroll taxes, and imposing a carbon fee would all raise the money we need to finance our programs."

"And we do all of that without raising taxes on the middle class! While centrists keep going on and on about how progressives want to tax middle income earners, the fact remains that only the centrists in the race have proposed these kinds of plans. Ben Little has proposed a new payroll tax, coupled with high premiums, to pay for his poorly designed public option proposal. My public option will be mostly paid for by replacing all federal healthcare expenditure, and the rest would be financed with taxes on the wealthy. Meanwhile, the poor will make savings by getting free coverage, and the middle class will save by paying low-cost premiums. In my plan, the 99% wins."

"My agenda: build an economy that restores the American promise of equal opportunity. We have to recognize that inequality is a big problem for capitalism. It's a result of unbridled capitalism, but it could actually be the system's downfall. There is a widespread sense that the growth model we've been following in past years does not deliver, in terms of increasing the overall incomes of the population. If we want to preserve our free markets, it's time to recognize that we cannot ignore this casino capitalism that we are permitting to wreak havoc on workers."

"I will encourage entrepreneurship and small businesses. We can't do that when wages are stagnant. We can't do that when the middle class is disappearing. With my proposed Guaranteed Minimum Income, which greatly expands the Earned Income Tax Credit, we can provide working Americans with the financial security they need to start thinking about starting businesses."

"And look, they're gonna try and pull us apart by calling me a socialist and talking about conservative values and liberal values or whatever. But is it really a liberal value to say that we don’t want each other’s homes burned down by wildfires? Is it not a conservative value to say we should be spending our money on development here at home rather than murdering civilians and our troops abroad? Is it radical to say that poor people don't deserve to die simply because they are poor?"

"We, as Americans, share goals and values. We want to look out for each other. We want to see our country succeed. We don't want to be known internationally as a country that cannot reach universal healthcare for its citizens, we don't want to be known as a country with a failing education system, we don't want to be known as the country who only seeks to wage war everywhere. Americans give a damn about each other, the political establishmentarians don't."

"Real Americans, we take care of our own!"

"So don't look at this as a left versus right campaign. Look at it as a top versus down campaign. The big money, the lobbyists, the paid hacks, they don't want to see you guys succeed. They don't want you guys to start businesses, they don't want to raise your wages, they don't want to see affordable healthcare, they don't want to see their profits go down if students take out fewer loans, they don't want to save the planet. It's up to us to fight back and win."

"Our values are at stake. Our promise is at stake. The vision of our founders is at stake."

"Let's not let them down."
Last edited by Azekopolaltion on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Karl Goldman Apartments, New York City

After gathering the necessary staff through hiring processes over several days, Goldman decided to pack up for her one of her husband's apartments in New York City and begin her maneuvers for President. She knew that she needed to make a splash and come in hard, get lots of people at her rallies, specifically the one where she would make an announcement. But before that, she needed an exploratory committee, to increase her name recognition and to form a collective consciousness of her within the minds of the American people.

The meeting began, as her campaign director and head of public relations sat down across from her.

As she arrived, her head of public relations turned towards her, sighing.

"Senator...I have a question for you."

"Yes, James?"

"What percent of centrists do you think approve of strongman leaders, ones like Putin or Xi?"

"5...10 percent, maybe?"

"40%, according to the Pew Research Center."

"Alright, so what does this mean?"

"It means that, Senator, you will need to cultivate the image of a strong leader...a strong woman..."

"A bulwark of centrism...defender of democracy. Sure, I can do that. What's the problem?"

"Some people don't see that behaviour as "becoming of a woman", and as such you might lose votes amongst more...misogynistic audiences."

"So what is the alternative?"

"Present yourself as sensible, as moderate, as clear-headed and calm."

"What are the disadvantages to that?"

"Well, you might be seen as boring, and will most likely depress turnout." continued the head of public relations, who advocated the former option.

"Yes, Senator, despite this, I think it's a much safer bet..." Interjected by the campaign director, advocating the latter option.

"You like to play it safe, don't you, Director?" Goldman inquired, already being convinced to which one she would take.

"Yes."

"Safe doesn't do well in this environment anymore, Director. Run some cheap online advertising showing me as a bulwark of centrism to centrist audiences - if you can target them, of course - and run a name recognition poll. Some radio and TV ads will be good, but not too many as they cost too much. Focus on Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada."

"Very good, Senator. We'll need to set up some fundraising networks as well." nodded the campaign director, accepting defeat.

"Hire some people to get an online front going. It's cheap to fight there, and will probably net us more money in the long run. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, that weird lip syncing thing...Get people to make some memes to support us. Goldman Gang, maybe? Don't ramp it up, just go for recognition over convincing. As long as we can get about 2-3% in the next poll, we'll be good. I mean, I would like to come out as the top moderate when I do make my run, but still. Yeah, just get an exploratory committee up. Well, not yet. Slowly eek it out through "leaks" and "rumours" to get hype building, and then file it whenever the time comes."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:22 pm

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

Mad Murphy and wooden Westra at it again! Where did the centrists, the moderates go? America needs a centrist alternative, lest the demons of extremism take over this country. We'll be forced to pick between fascism and communism at the ballot box before we know it! #ModerateAmerica #Centrism #IndependentsDemocratAlliance

EDIT: EDITED IC. PRIOR TEXT IS KEPT FOR BOOKKEEPING PURPOSES. STRIKE IS DELETED, ITALIC IS ADDED.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:45 pm

Online Audio and Radio Advertisement in support of Erika Goldman

"In recent times, the Democrat Party has been shifting over to the extremist left, with radical socialists such as Murphy and Westra on the surge. However, we all know that they only don't represent you, only their hard left cronies. Senator Goldman of New York, however, has not given up. She offers a strong package of tax cuts for the struggling of our society, slashes to college tuition and new programs to improve your everyday life. Senator Goldman will slash your taxes, reduce congestion and revitalise this nation. She offers a sensible, realistic alternative to the hard left and to the alt-right.

Senator Goldman. For the everyday American."

The advertisement was brief, but it helped get her name out there and improve her name recognition and perhaps her support slightly.
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:50 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Online Audio and Radio Advertisement in support of Erika Goldman

"In recent times, the Democrat Party has been shifting over to the extremist left, with radical socialists such as Murphy and Westra on the surge. However, we all know that they only don't represent you, only their hard left cronies. Senator Goldman of New York, however, has not given up. She offers a strong package of tax cuts for the struggling of our society, slashes to college tuition and new programs to improve your everyday life. Senator Goldman will slash your taxes, reduce congestion and revitalise this nation. She offers a sensible, realistic alternative to the hard left and to the alt-right.

The advertisement was brief, but it helped get her name out there and improve her name recognition and perhaps her support slightly.

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@GoldmanConnecticut Just saw your ad. Pro Tip if you're going to run for President make sure you know what state you are currently representing.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:55 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Online Audio and Radio Advertisement in support of Erika Goldman

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@GoldmanConnecticut Just saw your ad. Pro Tip if you're going to run for President make sure you know what state you are currently representing.

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

My primary residence is in the Connecticut part of the New York Metro Area. And pro tip, don't assume other people are running for President.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY SENATOR GOLDMAN'S OFFICE: We are currently considering all options regarding the Presidency, and will make no further comment on the issue until such time as we have come to a decision.
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:58 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

My primary residence is in the Connecticut part of the New York Metro Area. And pro tip, don't assume other people are running for President.

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@GoldmanConnecticut If you don't announce you're running for President in 2020 I owe you a New York Steak dinner. PS you're the Senator from Connecticut not the Senator from New York, i'm sure your constituents are glad you just think of them as an extension of New York and not an independent state.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:00 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@GoldmanConnecticut If you don't announce you're running for President in 2020 I owe you a New York Steak dinner. PS you're the Senator from Connecticut not the Senator from New York, i'm sure your constituents are glad you just think of them as an extension of New York and not an independent state.

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

Oh here we go again. You're making a mountain out of a molehill, Governor. Also, when you're insulting someone, please try to use spellcheck. It makes it less awkward for the people reading your tweets.

The advertisement was officially amended to say "Senator Goldman of Connecticut" in all future versions. It seemed to have been a misreading of the script more than anything, and has been dealt with in a reasonable manner.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Erika Goldman
@GoldmanConnecticut

I have just been informed by my office that the statement was indeed misread, and as such the error has been fixed in later versions. I fully apologise for any offence caused by accidental misreading of the script, and would like to let all know that it has been amended.
Please Watch

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Postby Azekopolaltion » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

Guys, let’s not be so harsh on @GoldmanConnecticut. We all know she actually represents New York...its Wall Street donors, that is.
Last edited by Azekopolaltion on Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:31 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:
(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

Guys, let’s not be so harsh on @GoldmanConnecticut. We all know she actually represents New York...its Wall Street donors, that is.

Liked by @KathleenNez

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:35 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:"Oh, that was fine, I was talking about one some time later that accused Israel of being a state founded on the principles that governed the apartheid racial supremacist dictatorship in South Africa in the late 20th Century, when it is in reality the most democratic country in the middle east."

"I did say Israel was an apartheid state. If that's somehow a deal breaker for you, feel free to leave."

Atang paused, before continuing.

"Not a deal-breaker, but comments like that are a set back if you want me joining any team of yours."
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:35 pm

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

Imagine the outrage if Tim or I forgot which state we were representing in the Senate.

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
"I did say Israel was an apartheid state. If that's somehow a deal breaker for you, feel free to leave."

Atang paused, before continuing.

"Not a deal-breaker, but comments like that are a set back if you want me joining any team of yours."

"I won't be speaking on foreign policy as often anymore, but what I do want is a human rights focused foreign policy. That includes taking tougher stances of states such as Saudi Arabia and Israel, who we have been unquestionably supporting for decades. I believe there's more room for change in that sphere. Do you get where I'm coming from?"
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Atang paused, before continuing.

"I won't be speaking on foreign policy as often anymore, but what I do want is a human rights focused foreign policy. That includes taking tougher stances of states such as Saudi Arabia and Israel, who we have been unquestionably supporting for decades. I believe there's more room for change in that sphere. Do you get where I'm coming from?"

"Absolutely. Levi, I myself have always championed a human rights based foreign policy and been critical of the USA's unconditional and hypocrtical support of Saudi Arabia, the UAE and other human rights abusers. However, Israel, for all its faults, is most certainly not in that group and is by many metrics along with Tunisia the only democracy in the region, and for that reason I think we should support them and work with them along with the Palestinians to deliver a 2-state solution."
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:12 pm

"Good one today," Stuart said to his crew for "The Debate Floor" his regular Podcast. But a thought that had been locked in Stuart's mind for Weeks crept up again. Who was he going to endorse for the Presidency? He had no plans to run especially this late but there where definitely Presidents he would have over than others. "Sir, your schedule" interrupted his Clerk Simon Bearat. "Oh, yes, yes thank you." But Stuart's eyes winded. He thought he was relatively free Tomorrow but he was to meet Governor Richardson. "Simon get everything ready I must go to Vegas, now." Simon Nodded and went on his way.

It was a relatively short flight with Nevada not being far. Yet it felt like forever with Stuart being a bit Anxious over the meeting. But he knew it would likely be nothing major. He hoped to talk to the others on board but he realized few of them knew who he even was.

Not long after the vegas lights showed themselves, He dozed off in his new Hotel Room. When his alarm hit he heard a knocking on the door. "was it time?" He said to himself. "Room Service" he heard the Friendly Employee say.

After that was taken care of he readied himself and waited for the Governor.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:26 pm

Silverblade wrote:(Image)

"Good one today," Stuart said to his crew for "The Debate Floor" his regular Podcast. But a thought that had been locked in Stuart's mind for Weeks crept up again. Who was he going to endorse for the Presidency? He had no plans to run especially this late but there where definitely Presidents he would have over than others. "Sir, your schedule" interrupted his Clerk Simon Bearat. "Oh, yes, yes thank you." But Stuart's eyes winded. He thought he was relatively free Tomorrow but he was to meet Governor Richardson. "Simon get everything ready I must go to Vegas, now." Simon Nodded and went on his way.

It was a relatively short flight with Nevada not being far. Yet it felt like forever with Stuart being a bit Anxious over the meeting. But he knew it would likely be nothing major. He hoped to talk to the others on board but he realized few of them knew who he even was.

Not long after the vegas lights showed themselves, He dozed off in his new Hotel Room. When his alarm hit he heard a knocking on the door. "was it time?" He said to himself. "Room Service" he heard the Friendly Employee say.

Richardson arrived with two assistants at the door, he introduced them to the Senator before having them wait outside the door "Good to see you Senator" Richardson said shaking his hand, he had met Stuart at various functions and get togethers over the years but the two didn't know one another very well. "I'm glad you took the time to have this meeting, can we sit?"

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 pm

Dentali wrote:
Silverblade wrote:(Image)

Richardson arrived with two assistants at the door, he introduced them to the Senator before having them wait outside the door "Good to see you Senator" Richardson said shaking his hand, he had met Stuart at various functions and get togethers over the years but the two didn't know one another very well. "I'm glad you took the time to have this meeting, can we sit?"

"Good to see you too, Governor. " Stuart Said. " Yes Please take a seat. Now, what is it you wanted to talk about?"

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

"Absolutely. Levi, I myself have always championed a human rights based foreign policy and been critical of the USA's unconditional and hypocrtical support of Saudi Arabia, the UAE and other human rights abusers. However, Israel, for all its faults, is most certainly not in that group and is by many metrics along with Tunisia the only democracy in the region, and for that reason I think we should support them and work with them along with the Palestinians to deliver a 2-state solution."

"We're on the same page, then. I just want to re-consider our foreign policy on these issues.

What issues are you most concerned about?"
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:18 am

Nathaniel Richardson
WSB-TV 2 Atlanta
03/16/2019

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/WSBTV.png[img]

The 10th largest media market in the country, the Atlanta Market covered most of Georgia and part of Alabama. Richardson hoped that he could win Georgia in the Primary giving its status of trending blue and more diverse which favored Richardson of Prendergast. Additionally he was geographically closer than Prendergast and had stumped hard in the 2018 cycle for various candidates in the state.

[box]Choi: Good evening I’m Sophoia Choi for WSB-TV 2 Atlanta. Tonight I am joined live via Satellite by Governor of North Carolina and Republican candidate for President Nathaniel Richardson. Governor thank you for joining us tonight.

Richardson: Thanks its great to be here

Choi: Governor (Not Brian Kemp) was elected on a promise of giving teachers a pay raise of $5,000. What would you do to help improve education and specifically teacher retention?

Richardson: During my time as a Congressman one of my proudest accomplishments was authorizing the DC Voucher program, its incredibly popular and effective. Raising educational standards and creating a higher demand for teachers. We need to reform the system through measures like Education Savings Accounts, which are basically vouchers 2.0. Empowering parents to pick the best schools and education for their kids incentivizes the schools to provide a better education and by extension a greater incentive to reward better teachers.

Right now the teachers union takes a massive cut from teachers salaries and far too much of our schools funding goes to teachers based on tenure not quality of education, not to mention the waste, and abuse of taxpayers funds. ESAs allow parents to get their kids out of bad schools and put them in ones that don’t have these issues, the competition will incentivize bad schools to clean up their act and fight to retain good teachers through raising salaries.

Choi: Legislation is expected to be introduced this year allowing medical marijuana cultivation, manufacturing and distribution to registered marijuana patients. Do you support medical marijuana?

Richardson: As Governor of North Carolina I have signed into law a number of bills allowing the use of medical Marijuana in limited circumstances. Some people treat it as a wonder drug and sign its praises, honestly i’m more skeptical. Medical Marijuana should be an option and should be authorized on a case by case basis. We should be cautious and level headed about it before moving forward.

Choi: Governor (Not Kemp) campaigned supporting a “religious liberty” bill similar to the 1993 religious freedom restoration act which many say would sanction discrimination against the LGBTQ+ community, do you support this bill?

Richardson: Yes I do, I believe first and foremost of treating people with love and respect regardless of who they love. But I do not believe you should force people to do things that violate their religious beliefs.

The right to follow your conscience is in many ways the bedrock of our democracy. Prohibitions against forced speech represent protections of conscience, anti censorship protects conscience, laws protecting whistleblowers or anti-war protestors, protect conscience. Not to get too academic but you can’t have classical liberalism or pluralism without protecting conscience. If we are going to have tolerance in society you need to protect the right of an individual's conscience This is nothing like Jim Crow laws in the 60s, our nation has enough room for religious and secular institutions, and one should not be able to impose its conscience on the other.

Choi: Our last Governor gained national attention for his support of criminal justice reform which cut incarceration of black inmates by 30%. Governor (Kemp) ran on getting tough on violent crime. Where do you fall on criminal justice reform?

Richardson: I think (Not Kemp) is right on track tackling violent crime especially hitting street gangs and sex trafficking… trafficking is a topic I hope I can bring more attention to nationally actually, he told me he would do so when I stumped for him in 2018 and I’m happy he is following through... My approach to criminal justice reform would be continuing the steps taken by President Wolf with the First Step Act while getting tougher on violent offenders especially trigger pullers and repeat violent offenders. Most murder and vioelnt crime are committed by known actors with violent records, we need to focus on taking them on while focusing on the rehabilition for those responsible for non violent minor offenses.

Choi: The ports of Savannah and Brunswich are incredibly important to the state’s economy, $44 billion of our GDP and almost half a million jobs are dependent on trade from these ports.
Agriculture is our largest industry, so Georgia is hit more than most states by the trade war with China. Do you support the trade war?

Richardson: Well its a multi prong issue. I believe Wolf is taking the right steps to come out on top and is alleviating the burden on farmers. With China specifically we were long overdue for taking them to task over their consistent bad actions on the international stage, Wolf was right about them taking advantage of us for years. This is a good long term investment for trade in general and farmers specifically. As President trade wars and tariffs will not be taken lightly, it will be completely divorced from politics and must represent a clear national interest to the United States. And only after considering and accounting for the consequences to our domestic industries and all existing laws and obligations. But sometimes you need to get tough on the international stage, and Wolf was elected promising to get tough on China… its admirable and smart geopolitics to take them on.

China is working toward global hegemony, they are a high tech authoritarian regime leading the world in AI, telecom, 5G and a host of other areas by running a highly effective and aggressive industrial espionage operation to steal and stall technology across the world. This is a direct threat to the United States, those who believe economic interdependence and normalizing trade with China would help the Libralize, become less militaristic… were wrong… which is why our defense strategy is currently moving toward a great power competition with China. This trade war is just a recognition of reality, we are already behind in developing an anti-China strategy.

I also believe that President Wolf has spearheaded a number of policies that will help trade greatly. The USMCA is a significant upgrade from NAFTA, we are working on new trade agreements with Japan and Britain. Japan specifically will be a huge boon to the agricultural sector in Georgia. I want to expand that to South Korea and even small countries like Switzerland in a way that expands our markets and protects our jobs.

Choi: Federal Law bans people from buying guns if they have been involuntarily committed to a mental institution, but Georgia purges those records after five years. Do you believe Georgia should be able to do this?

Richardson: No I don’t. I don’t believe mental health concerns should automatically disqualify you from being able to protect yourself and exercising your second amendment rights, however if you are committed to an institution thats not without reason. I believe if you are committed you should be barred from owning a firearm for a period but their should be a review process that could allow you to purchase a gun, it shouldn’t be automatic.

Choi: Last year the Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Decatur which serves 120,000 veterans was given a one star quality rating. How will you improve veterans care across the country?

Richardson: The way we care for our veterans is disgraceful, it’s been getting better overall in the past few years but its still at an unacceptable level. We have over 18 million veterans in America, nearly 4 million have service-related disabilities. They give us all the freedoms we enjoy, sacrificing their freedom so we can enjoy ours.

A single payer health system owned, run and financed by the federal government is not able to provide care to the people who deserve them most. We need more accountability, transparency and public reporting, we need to be able to outsource care easier.

(Not Obama) doubled the departments budget but by every measure performance worsened. The solution here is not more money, the VA Accountability Act was a great step in the right direction, the next step is to ensure more accountability in providers. But honestly we need an overhaul from the bottom up, we are still using the same diagnostic code that was written in 1945, its tremendously outdated and covered in red tape. We should be privatizing the VA or offering a Savings Account for Veterans to use as needed.

Choi: Governor thank you for joining us.

Richardson: Thank you and I can’t wait to come back to Georgia soon

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Silverblade wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Good to see you too, Governor. " Stuart Said. " Yes Please take a seat. Now, what is it you wanted to talk about?"

“Well I wanted to talk to you about 2020, should I be elected I would want you as one of my close allies. You have a vision and a drive that I admire... when the next slot in senate leadership opens up I would have you as my preferred candidate. Or perhaps you could serve in my cabinet?”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse