NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He's doing some retail, trust building on top of that.

I'll keep running ads, slowly divorcing himself from the Nazi image.

itll take awhile

Well, of course it will. But it's only April.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Dentali wrote:

No he won't, its a base rate i gave but it is modified by in game actions. Being a literal Nazi is not great for fundraising

He's doing some retail, trust building on top of that.

All his opponents need to do is keep playing that speech on air

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Bruke wrote:
Her background is just not going to help her connect with the working class.... she lives in a big estate for goodness sake.... she ought to be more like Warren.

I know, that part gets her the college-educated and the middle-class.

Time to stop being an FDR ripoff, and time to become...I don't even know.

Just emulate Warren’s ”wokeness”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He's doing some retail, trust building on top of that.

All his opponents need to do is keep playing that speech on air

You'd think, but people will eventually get tired of it.

It'll hurt him A LOT, but it's not absolutely fatal.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:41 pm

I think I have an idea.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Goldman should put her preferred pronouns in her twitter bio for extra points.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:I think I have an idea.

What is it

Pls don’t say another cabinet secretary turned gov/senator lol

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 pm

I just realized that Volek, with his machine politics background, probably has contacts all over the Northeast. I keep forgetting that New York City has, like, several states within its orbit.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Puertollano wrote:Goldman should put her preferred pronouns in her twitter bio for extra points.

I'll dye her hair pink too because why not. (/s)
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Also, it's somehow sad that Goldman has managed to be my most successful character so far.
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Also, it's somehow sad that Goldman has managed to be my most successful character so far.

The Presidency isn't everything, it really isn't.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Also, it's somehow sad that Goldman has managed to be my most successful character so far.

I mean, Porter will probably have the most progress out of any of my characters, even if he doesn't bounce back, since I'll probably carpetbag him in Alabama and let him start his political career.
Please Watch

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:53 pm

I mean, Porter will probably have the most progress out of any of my characters, even if he doesn't bounce back, since I'll probably carpetbag him in Alabama and let him start his political career.

You should have him buy a residence there now and craft a back story of being stationed there during his time in the Army

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:54 pm

If you do, what year are you planning on him running for Senator?
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I mean, Porter will probably have the most progress out of any of my characters, even if he doesn't bounce back, since I'll probably carpetbag him in Alabama and let him start his political career.

The Dem-held Alabama Senate seat is up in 2020 and would be an easy win.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:If you do, what year are you planning on him running for Senator?

Porter is probably not-Doug Jones’s ideal opponent

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Sanabel wrote:

Perhaps, but I think once the Nazi stuff wears off, and Porter didn't - you know - molest any teenagers.
Neoliberal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I mean, Porter will probably have the most progress out of any of my characters, even if he doesn't bounce back, since I'll probably carpetbag him in Alabama and let him start his political career.

Probably 2020, because by the time we reach 2026, we'll have the Land of the Oligarch RP, after the eventful Pence vs Bloomberg election of 2024, street riots, (unconstitutional) martial law and the Fifth Corona Plague continues the Second Great Recession even further...
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Sanabel wrote:

Alabama is R+14, so he could be fine, considering the fact he hasn't said any overly racist things about black people as of yet.
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:he hasn't said any overly racist things about black people as of yet.

Neoliberal

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Sanabel wrote:Porter is probably not-Doug Jones’s ideal opponent

Alabama is R+14, so he could be fine, considering the fact he hasn't said any overly racist things about black people as of yet.

Jones would have the incumbency advantage, and the reason he won last time was because he ran against a far-right, controversial candidate.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Puertollano wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Alabama is R+14, so he could be fine, considering the fact he hasn't said any overly racist things about black people as of yet.

Jones would have the incumbency advantage, and the reason he won last time was because he ran against a far-right, controversial candidate.

I mean, the controversy was very specific.
Neoliberal

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Scrap the previous app I posted. I'm not up to standard RPing here boys, cheers for having me on Washington 2017 anyways.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:05 pm

Puertollano wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Alabama is R+14, so he could be fine, considering the fact he hasn't said any overly racist things about black people as of yet.

I can safely say Porter did not rape any children.
Please Watch

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:I think I have an idea.

What is it

Pls don’t say another cabinet secretary turned gov/senator lol

Hahaha.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Xath
Character Name: Martin Spellman
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 61
Character Height: 6'4''
Character Weight: 217
Character Position/Role/Job: Actor (2003 - Present), Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) Scientific Director for Enviromental Economics (1996 - 2004), EDF Scientific Consultant for Oceans (1990 - 1996), Post-Doc Researcher at Oregan State (1986 - 1990)
Appearance: Image
Character State of Origin: Washington State
Character State of Residence: California
Character Party Affiliation: Independent (1992 - 1999), Democrat (1999 - Present)
Main Strengths: High name recongition, known science communicator and advocate of action against climate change, connections to business and celebrity circles in California
Main Weaknesses: Outsider to politics, little experience in campaigning and no infrastructure, most views beyond climate change are unformed or superficial, history with addiction (covered up by his publicity agents)
Biography:

WIP

Other Info: Ph.D. in Environmental Science from Oregan State University

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Federal States of Xathuecia

Do Not Remove: 84721
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse