NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:44 am

Today is the final day for voting in the Senate guys.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 am

Meelducan wrote:
Terrelis wrote:Since its been two weeks...and still no response.

First off, they’re Representatives, not Senators.

You need more weaknesses.

This guy seems more of a DINO rather than a Republican.

Deputy Prosecutor to AG seems like a massive step up.

The 5th District is a good fit, but I don’t think being so liberal on Marijuana will sit well with the people of the 5th.

Also being so liberal on Marijuana seems wayyy too early. I’m nearly positive that 2014 was the year Marijuana laws were being relaxed.

How is he nationally known?

it was a bad app for a lot of reasons, you should start over
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:35 am

ANNOUNCEMENT

So for those who dont know every quarter (3 months) presidential campaigns need to publicly report their revenue, so in addition to the TG I will send you all I will be making a public post regarding the total raised over the past 3 months.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:38 am

Dentali wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

So for those who dont know every quarter (3 months) presidential campaigns need to publicly report their revenue, so in addition to the TG I will send you all I will be making a public post regarding the total raised over the past 3 months.

If it's not an inconvenience, do you know when the polls will come? And will they be including Goldman as a possible contender when she forms her exploratory committee?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:43 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Dentali wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

If it's not an inconvenience, do you know when the polls will come? And will they be including Goldman as a possible contender when she forms her exploratory committee?

We try and do them at the first of every month (depending on irl schedules). She will be in the polling.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:48 am

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:If it's not an inconvenience, do you know when the polls will come? And will they be including Goldman as a possible contender when she forms her exploratory committee?

We try and do them at the first of every month (depending on irl schedules). She will be in the polling.

Alright, thank you. I'll get the exploratory committee up before the 1st of March. Also, Goldman needs to do some meetings with NPCs (centrist public figures, leaders of think tanks, etc...) for endorsements, how do I write NPC meetings?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 am

Dentali wrote:

Alright, thank you. I'll get the exploratory committee up before the 1st of March. Also, Goldman needs to do some meetings with NPCs (centrist public figures, leaders of think tanks, etc...) for endorsements, how do I write NPC meetings?

Ive done a couple of them. Post who youre meeting and the pitch you give them, just don't post their conclusions

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:50 am

Oh neat. Westra handled himself pretty well in that interview, he's definitely improving.

I'd like to get some more media content for Prendergast soon, especially as I'm about to do his campaign launch.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:59 pm

Also, uh, I just noticed we could probably use a new Senate Minority Leader...
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:12 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Also, uh, I just noticed we could probably use a new Senate Minority Leader...

Was Vasq the one who played that?

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:13 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Also, uh, I just noticed we could probably use a new Senate Minority Leader...

Was Vasq the one who played that?

Yeah, Vaquas played Senator Windsor of Rhode Island.

I wouldn't mind offering to make a character to fill the spot, but then that does rather look bad when I'm also chasing House Caucus Chair on Simone.
Neoliberal

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:19 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Was Vasq the one who played that?

I wouldn't mind offering to make a character to fill the spot, but then that does rather look bad when I'm also chasing House Caucus Chair on Simone.

It would be more fun if Windsor just died and there would then be a lot of IC political dealing to occupy the seat.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Nikaton
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:03 pm

Nikaton wrote:How do I go about adding a bill to the docket? The house chat seems stagnated up, I don't want to abruptly butt in while its stuck debating/proposing the 28th amendment

How would you like to meet Erika Goldman?

Wanna do an IC or TG chat RP between Goldman and Thomas?

Nikaton
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Nikaton wrote:How do I go about adding a bill to the docket? The house chat seems stagnated up, I don't want to abruptly butt in while its stuck debating/proposing the 28th amendment

If you submit your bill 'to the House clerks' in a post (it won't be a problem if you do it mid-debate), it'll be put in the dockets. Just stick the bill under a named spoiler. However, before you put it up, it may be wise to check with other Democrats. Generic emails to [House Democrats] or [Senate Democrats] would work for that effect. Do any email in the IC thread. Representative Simone (NY-12) would be happy to give insight.

Thanks, I’ll send her the second one in IC email I’m working on regarding using federal funds to increase national K-12 teacher pay

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Nikaton wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:How would you like to meet Erika Goldman?

Wanna do an IC or TG chat RP between Goldman and Thomas?

IC, but let's start tomorrow.
Please Watch

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Nikaton wrote:
If you submit your bill 'to the House clerks' in a post (it won't be a problem if you do it mid-debate), it'll be put in the dockets. Just stick the bill under a named spoiler. However, before you put it up, it may be wise to check with other Democrats. Generic emails to [House Democrats] or [Senate Democrats] would work for that effect. Do any email in the IC thread. Representative Simone (NY-12) would be happy to give insight.

Thanks, I’ll send her the second one in IC email I’m working on regarding using federal funds to increase national K-12 teacher pay

Ooo, sent that to Nez too, she'd love to cosponsor something like that

Nikaton
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Nikaton wrote:

Ooo, sent that to Nez too, she'd love to cosponsor something like that

Sounds good! Probably be tomorrow or later this evening at the earliest

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:56 pm

We’re the changes I made to Governor Chambers sufficient for acceptance?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:

It would be more fun if Windsor just died and there would then be a lot of IC political dealing to occupy the seat.

Vaquas isn't dead neither are his characters, his school work just got overwhelming for a bit. If they are needed you can talk with an admin.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Von Markstein wrote:We’re the changes I made to Governor Chambers sufficient for acceptance?

Did you make changes? im not seeing them
Last edited by Dentali on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 pm

Dentali wrote:
Von Markstein wrote:We’re the changes I made to Governor Chambers sufficient for acceptance?

Yeah I edited the application text in the last post I made and summarized said changes at the end of post

Nikaton
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:17 pm

I checked Von Markstein’s posts, he did make changes addressing your three concerns Dentali

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Von Markstein wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Yeah I edited the application text in the last post I made and summarized said changes at the end of post

alrighty, i recommend you repost the edited version. I'm assuming he is pro life? if so then i am good to accept him but I will get another admin to look it over.

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:16 pm

Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Principality of Von Markstein
Character Name: Jack Chambers
Character Gender: M
Character Age: 52
Character Height: 6'1"
Character Weight: 183
Character Position/Role/Job: Governor of Nebraska
Appearance: Thin, short sandy haired, with a crooked bright white smile
Character State of Origin: Nebraska
Character State of Residence: Nebraska
Character Party Affiliation: Republican
Main Strengths: Wealthy, charming, connected, intelligent
Main Weaknesses: Untrustworthy, arrogant, brash and unfiltered
Biography: Jack Chambers was born to the well to do Chamber's dynasty of the plains in 1967. His father was a wealthy stock and commodities broker named Harold who grew the family fortune even further when he developed an innovative brokerage house for the everyday man. Chambers grew up spending time between his father's ranch in middle Nebraska and in a home near Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The young boy lacked for nothing and received nothing but the best of private tutelage.

Chambers attended the best private boarding schools in the Midwest where he made connections with other younger sons of wealthy Midwestern scions. Some of these connections he has kept into adulthood as Jack made his own way.

At 18 Jack attended the prestigious University of Chicago studying in its world renowned economics program. The courses and professors were quite conservative and further instilled Jack's silver spoon fed economic ideals, "trickle down" became a mantra of the young man.

After graduating high but not with honors from university, Jack went to work with his father as a economics analyst. Jack spent years in this role helping chart the family companies expansion and major decisions. During this time Jack married the youngest daughter of a wealthy family from Chicago named Vivian and the couple would have three daughters. The business created a brokerage house concentrating on lower and middle class Americans looking to start investing. In the 90's the business took off further by becoming one of the first houses to begin utilizing the internet. By the modern day the company has one of the most modern and user friendly trading platforms in the country

Jack eventually grew tired in his role, clearly seeing that his older siblings would play a larger role in the main family business, and decided to carve out his own niche. Jack therefore convinced his father of the economic value of professional sports and six months later in 1997 the Chambers were proud new owners of a MLB franchise, with Jack as the team president.

Jack manned the new family 'business' for the better part of two decades but stepped down in late 2012 which would be just a few years before the team won its first World Series title since 1985.

Ever since college, Jack had been interested in political economics and wanted to truly implement a trickle down economy with cut taxes and lower spending to grow businesses and jobs. Jack now having felt independently accomplished in business and sports decided the time was right to make a run for public office.

Due to term limits the governorship was vacant and none of the state federal representatives had decided to make a run, so Jack saw his chance. Jack began pumping money into a 2014 Governor run starting at the beginning of 2013 and building up speed from there. His tactics built up quick name value and he voiced conservative social values which rang true in most parts of the red state.

Jack's main competition turned out to be the state's Attorney General but fortunately for Jack the AG's campaign nose dived when reports came out involving wide scale corruption at the state Department of Justice. Jack Chambers went on to win the primary by 15% points due to the scandal and brushed aside a poorly funded democrat in the red state by 20% points in the general election.

Inaugurated in 2014, the new governor quickly began stumping in the unicameral legislature for wide scale tax cuts and he vetoed a repeal of the death penalty to appeal to "law and order" interests. This veto was initially overridden but the Governor gained a massive statewide petition of support that raised a referendum that reinstated the death penalty. The governor had previously funded many of these senators and it came as no surprise to Jack when most of his objectives were past through the legislature by 2015. One extremely vocal and notorious Omaha democrat opposed him at every turn, but man had little pull in the mostly red state.

Jack Chambers began to grow controversy both regionally and nationally for his outspoken opposition to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to legalize gay marriage in 2015 followed by controversial pro-police remarks after a number of police racially motivated brutality incidents both locally in Omaha and nationally as well. The comments struck well with his rural base but hurt his approval polling overall due to the suburban moderate voters in the Omaha, Lincoln, and surrounding suburban areas. By the end of the year, Governor Chambers saw an increase in polling numbers when he was able to tout that Nebraska had produced one of the few balanced budgets in all the nation.

Governor Chambers started out 2016 laying relatively low, he passed through most laws without veto and saw little controversy in the first couple months of the year but paid close attention to the ongoing Republican presidential primary. Governor Chambers on 'Super Tuesday' made big news by becoming a vocal supporter of future president Wolf with an endorsement. Chambers pushed through a noteworthy constitutional amendment to make Hunting and fishing a state right but mostly began focusing on supporting and campaigning on behalf of Wolf.

Wolf won and Chambers stuck around Nebraska with no promotion in sight. Whether his support was ever appreciated was unknown, but Chambers didn't seem to let on if he minded. Governor Chambers began campaigning in mid 2017 and pushed through another balanced budget and key agricultural subsidies which he pointed to as his platform highlights.

In the 2018 election, Governor Chambers won re-election with 58% of the votes, a lower margin due to the alienation of some suburban voters, but still quite comfortable. The Governor then went back to the balancing of the budget, at the expense to education and infrastructure some complain, and stumped on the campaign trail for a number of local favorites running for federal offices.

In 2019 the Governor is coming to end of his tenure capped by term limits from running in 2020, despite no announcements at this time, the Governor has remained quite vocal, and perhaps controversial, pumping himself up for some race he has not yet let on to.

Political Positions
Guns: NRA A+ rated, passed through state constitutional right to hunt and fish, opposes universal background checks and assault weapons bans

Social Views: Supports christian values and opposed gay marriage legalization, saying it was a state's choice. Supports private business personal service rights. Law and order candidate who brought back the death penalty and opposed body cameras and internal police sensitivity training and investigations. Pro-Life, Catholic

Economics: touts ability to balance budget and 'true' adherence to Reaganomics, tax cuts for wealthy and loopholes for corporations and other entities, eliminated state death tax. Supports fracking and harvesting of oil and natural gas. Opposes tariffs on China because of the harm to agriculture in the state, wants federal subsidies for crops.

Goals:
With his terms capped and the big announcement of President Wolf, Governor Chambers is preparing a major announcement concerning his political future...

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Principality of Von Markstein

Do Not Remove: 84721

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:12 am

My god, I just realized the vibes Pendergast's logo has been giving me for a while now...

Its Team Rocket. That red P really sells it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse