NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:52 pm

Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: dad
Name: National News Corporation
Role/Job: News Network
Character Party Affiliation: Independent
Biography: Formed 20 Years ago in January 1999, the National News Corporation was founded with the principles of unbiased media. The National News Corp. pride themselves with trustworthy reporting. Their main goal is to let the people of the Nation know the current stories that are important.

The main programming is News Coverage, with Interviews and fact-checking also being part of the program. From time to time there may be an opinion panel.

Other Info: Temporary logo until I find one to use. Big Kudos to TNS :kiss: .

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Meel x

Do Not Remove: 84721
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)

Information Sheet

Biography: Formed 20 Years ago in January 1999, the National News Corporation was founded with the principles of unbiased media. The National News Corp. pride themselves with trustworthy reporting. Their main goal is to let the people of the Nation know the current stories that are important.

The main programming is News Coverage, with Interviews and fact-checking also being part of the program. From time to time there may be an opinion panel.

That's the basic stuff, I'm getting ready for my first stories.
Marianne 2024:

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Meelducan wrote:
(Image)

Information Sheet

That's the basic stuff, I'm getting ready for my first stories.

They can team up with American People somewhere in the future. Both have the idea of unbaised and objective news.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Meelducan wrote:That's the basic stuff, I'm getting ready for my first stories.

They can team up with American People somewhere in the future. Both have the idea of unbaised and objective news.

Would American People and NNC like to interview Goldman?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:13 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:

Would American People and NNC like to interview Goldman?

I can do it
Marianne 2024:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:22 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:How's that speech? If it absolutely flopped, then Goldman is dead-on-arrival.

It's a touch high-minded and didn't really touch on grassroots issues but there wasn't anything wrong with it, per se. The exploratory committee stage is one where you can go around and do some fact-finding. Save the big addresses for when the main campaign kicks off.

Hey WCC just curious... why North Carolina for your speech?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Dentali wrote:
It's a touch high-minded and didn't really touch on grassroots issues but there wasn't anything wrong with it, per se. The exploratory committee stage is one where you can go around and do some fact-finding. Save the big addresses for when the main campaign kicks off.

I was looking for a decently populated town in decline, and the other options were Ohio, Michigan, Kansas and Arkansas.

I could've gone with the former two, but North Carolina is a super Tuesday state as well, so...
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Dentali wrote:

I was looking for a decently populated town in decline, and the other options were Ohio, Michigan, Kansas and Arkansas.

I could've gone with the former two, but North Carolina is a super Tuesday state as well, so...

I'd have picked Michigan to counter the 'Democrats are neglecting the Midwest' narrative, personally.

Plenty of time to go still to see them though.
Last edited by Gordano and Lysandus on Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:38 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I was looking for a decently populated town in decline, and the other options were Ohio, Michigan, Kansas and Arkansas.

I'd have picked Michigan to counter the 'Democrats are neglecting the Midwest' narrative, personally.

Plenty of time to go still to see them though.

She will actually go to Flint soon to promote the American Project, and talk about the drinking water.
Please Watch

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 pm

Not the answer I was expecting but OK

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:45 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Not the answer I was expecting but OK

Carrie's been making rounds to try to make sure her Caucus Chair election goes well. She's a little frayed around the edges but she's okay really.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 am

Meelducan wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Would American People and NNC like to interview Goldman?

I can do it

TG or Google Docs?
Please Watch

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:10 am

I was thinking about making a new application here. Is there a summary of what happened in the IC thread like in the Washington RP?
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:41 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:I was thinking about making a new application here. Is there a summary of what happened in the IC thread like in the Washington RP?

not really, but its only been a few months. The OP post should be fine for the most part, we can catch you up on a few specifics too

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:46 am

Meelducan wrote:I can do it

TG or Google Docs?

Google Docs
Marianne 2024:

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:03 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:I was thinking about making a new application here. Is there a summary of what happened in the IC thread like in the Washington RP?

Didn’t you reserve Chief of Staff awhile ago?
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:18 am

Sanabel wrote:

Didn’t you reserve Chief of Staff awhile ago?

I sent an app for it a while ago. I think there was something wrong with it. You can get rid of the reservation if you want.
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:46 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Didn’t you reserve Chief of Staff awhile ago?

I sent an app for it a while ago. I think there was something wrong with it. You can get rid of the reservation if you want.

Any character ideas for your next application?
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am

Anyone care to explain what Prendergast's appeal is?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:44 am

Dentali wrote:Anyone care to explain what Prendergast's appeal is?

He's just a broken xerox of Wolf.
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:53 am

He's just a broken xerox of Wolf.

yea he's trying to be Wolf so bad its sad, its like all the politicians like Martin O'Malley and Gavin Newsom who want to be JFK

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:53 am

Sex appeal
Marianne 2024:

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:00 am

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He's just a broken xerox of Wolf.

yea he's trying to be Wolf so bad its sad, its like all the politicians like Martin O'Malley and Gavin Newsom who want to be JFK

Also, Vohoffsky has the boiling tea ready if you need it.
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:30 am

Dentali wrote:

Also, Vohoffsky has the boiling tea ready if you need it.

tg me

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:53 am

Is Murphy appealing to the retro 80's demographic?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse