NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:48 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I would too
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
I've been doing a fair few CNN interviews for people lately, I'd be happy to oblige.

I would be happy to do both.

Would you like to send me the questions via TG? Or is there a different way it should be done

do gordano first i have one with dayton going currently
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Dentali wrote:

Would you like to send me the questions via TG? Or is there a different way it should be done

If I do the CNN interview, Dent can do a pretty mean FOX one, I think. Would be good to do both if you're planning to run for Prez.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Dentali wrote:

If I do the CNN interview, Dent can do a pretty mean FOX one, I think. Would be good to do both if you're planning to run for Prez.

honestly the fox ones have just been coincidentally devastating

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:20 pm

Dentali wrote:

Of the three interviews I've done so far, Richardson's the only one to emerge unscathed.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Dentali wrote:

Of the three interviews I've done so far, Richardson's the only one to emerge unscathed.

fucking bulletproof

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:26 pm

Dentali wrote:

lol jk Westra's gonna avoid CNN and MSNBC for a bit, he said too much mean stuff about them
Last edited by Azekopolaltion on Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:

lol jk Westra's gonna avoid CNN and MSNBC for a bit, he said too much mean stuff about them

*Callaghan puts on his knuckle dusters*
Neoliberal

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:56 pm

God writer's block is a bitch. I wanna do something with Nez but I can't really think of anything, anyone wanna help me out with ideas?

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:God writer's block is a bitch. I wanna do something with Nez but I can't really think of anything, anyone wanna help me out with ideas?

Uh, she could corner Brett Thomas... She could have a chat with Simone RE: the coming Caucus Chair election... She could have chats with other presidential candidates to keep her options open if Murphy tanks... She could have a town hall in her home district... She could go on the news... Uhhhh...
Neoliberal

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:13 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:God writer's block is a bitch. I wanna do something with Nez but I can't really think of anything, anyone wanna help me out with ideas?

You can do a slice of life with Nez.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:41 pm

I tend to like to add people on Discord, though can communicate via TG, and have them edit a Google Doc with me containing the contents of the interview.

A google doc would probably be best for me.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:44 pm

I tend to like to add people on Discord, though can communicate via TG, and have them edit a Google Doc with me containing the contents of the interview.

A google doc would probably be best for me.

Well, you can either contact me on TG for it all, or I can give you my Discord, so we can get started.
Neoliberal

Nikaton
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nikaton » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Uh, she could corner Brett Thomas... She could have a chat with Simone RE: the coming Caucus Chair election... She could have chats with other presidential candidates to keep her options open if Murphy tanks... She could have a town hall in her home district... She could go on the news... Uhhhh...

Nobody puts Brett Baby in a corner! But yeah I just IC responded to meeting Nez

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:43 pm

Me: *says he won't visit 5 states in one week again*

Also me: *sets up an event a day for the nine day week Dent has set out this week*

Why do I do this to myself

I'm doing three more tomorrow, and three more the day after, to cover all 9 days before the clock ticks back over.
Neoliberal

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:14 am

Ok I have no idea what’s on the Senate docket
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:30 am

Meelducan wrote:Ok I have no idea what’s on the Senate docket

These are on the docket as listed by Vaquas initially.

• The Student Investment and Deferral Act - Senator Abigail Winthrop (D-MA)
  • Medicare Choice Act - Senator James Moore (D-MI)
  • The Equality Act (Passed House) - Representative Timothy Larson (D-PA-3)
  • Off Fossil Fuels Act - Senator Abigail Winthrop (D-MA)
  • The Off Fossil Fuels Act - Senator Abigail Winthrop (D-MA)
  • The Green Corps for America Act - Senator Abigail Winthrop (D-MA)
  • Green New Deal Resolution - Senator Abigail Winthrop (D-MA)
  • Punishing Acts of Domestic Terrorism Act - Senator Richard Slater (R-AR)
  • The American Opportunity Act - Senator Ben Little (D-MD)
  • Federal Jobs Guarantee Development Act - Senator Abigail Winthrop (D-MA)
  • Heartbeat Protection Act of 2019 - Senator Luke Hawthorne (R-OH)
  • Corporate Freeloader Fee Act - Senator Tim Westra (D-NJ)
  • United States National Health Program Act - Senator Abigail Winthrop (D-MA)
  • Murder Sentencing Act - Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)
  • The Camera Grant Act of 2019 - Senator James Moore (D-MI)
  • Fair And Independent Redistricting Act - Senator Julia Dayton (D-VA)

Since Dayton's FAIR Act, the following bills have been tabled before the Senate.

• Universal Prekindergarten and Early Childcare Act - Senator Tim Westra (D-NJ)
  • The American Israeli Alliance Defense Act - Senator Greg Kost (R-NJ)
  • Recovery of Remains Act - Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)
  • Reparations for Historical Injustice Act - Senator Benjamin Little (D-MD)
  • Raise American Incomes to Survive and Expand Act - Senator Tim Westra (D-NJ)

I don't believe any bills have passed the House to advance up to the Senate since Vaquas' last update, so now, you need merely collate these, and remove any bills which have been voted on in the Senate and failed to pass.

I hope this has been helpful in any small part.
Last edited by Gordano and Lysandus on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neoliberal

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:49 am

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:02 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Me: *says he won't visit 5 states in one week again*

Also me: *sets up an event a day for the nine day week Dent has set out this week*

Why do I do this to myself

I'm doing three more tomorrow, and three more the day after, to cover all 9 days before the clock ticks back over.

This is an endurance game lol I only do one campaign post a day for richardson MAXIMUM

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:04 am

(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Great Franconia and Verana
Character Name: Christina Wynne (nee. Richards)
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 64 (Born February 13th, 1955)
Character Height: 5'4
Character Weight: 125
Character Position/Role/Job: Senator from New Hampshire
Appearance:
Character State of Origin: Pennsylvania
Character State of Residence: New Hampshire/Washington DC
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Intelligent, experienced, good name recognition, effective legislator and fundraiser
Main Weaknesses: Not a great campaigner, very establishment friendly, lack of domestic political experience, wealthy, past her prime age
Biography: Born in Philadelphia to Joseph Richards, a wealthy shipping industrialist, and Alice Schuyler, a socialite, Christina Richards had a privileged life growing up. Her family owned several houses throughout America, and but she was primarily raised in and around the suburbs of Philadelphia, and in Manhattan. When she was 12, her father left her mother in a scandal, something that made front page news in their wealthy social circles. Christina saw the toll the dissolution of the marriage took on her mother, who became an alcoholic and a recluse. She would die in 1975, largely forgotten by her family save for Christina. Her mother's unhappiness is later life made it clear to Christina that she must not ever be reliant on any man for her money, or her standing. While relations with her father were cordial, and he paid her way through both a private highschool, and later Yale Law, they were never close. When Christina graduated third in her class from Yale, she went into international law.

While most of her family were Republicans, Christina grew into a fervent supporter of the Democratic Party during late 1960s and early 1970s. She volunteered for the McGovern campaign in 1972, and later the Carter campaign in both 1976 and 1980. During the Carter administration, Christina, with her knowledge of world affairs and international law, was hired as a minor issues staffer within the State Department, with a focus on relations with Russia and Europe. When Carter was defeated in 1980, she turned her eyes to the academia, becoming a professor in International Relations and Security Studies at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire by her 35th Birthday in 1990. There she became a well respected academic, and critic of the Reagan/Bush Administrations policies, both domestic and foreign. Around this time, she met, and married, Charles Wynne, a professor of Classics and Greek Philosophy at Cornell University. They would have two children, Charlotte (b.1991) and Benjamin (b.1993). Her father would die in 1994, and he left much of his wealth to her in his will.

When the then Governor Clifford was running for President, Christina was on his campaign as one of his chief advisors on Foreign Affairs, preparing him for debates and compiling information for that years Democratic platform. After Clifford's inauguration, Christina was appointed Clifford's National Security Advisor (1993-1997) before then becoming the Ambassador to Russia (1997-1999). As Ambassador to Russia in the final years of the Yeltsin Administration, Wynne got to know the then Council Secretary, later Prime Minister and President, Vladamir Putin. The pair did not get along, as Putin saw Wynne as a capable actor for America, and Wynne recognized that Putin was far more intelligent and cunning than the brutish Yeltsin. When it became clear that Putin was to be Yeltsin's successor, administration officials removed her from Moscow one year early, hoping a new ambassador might be able to develop a healthier relationship with the new President. As compensation, the Clifford Administration appointed, and confirmed, her to the prestigious position of Ambassador to the United Kingdom (1999-2001). Her strong ties to the Clifford Administration led to great opportunities when she left office. She returned to teaching at Dartmouth, and became President of the College in 2003. She spoke out fiercely against the Iraq War.

Due to her Democratic connections, she was frequently courted to run for office over the years. She refused a draft movement to run for New Hampshire Governor in 2006, and Representative for an open Congressional District in 2008. When President Baharia was inaugurated in 2009, he asked Christina to become his Ambassador to the United Nations, a role in which she was well qualified. She served in this role from 2009-2013. In this time, she greatly affected US policy at the UN, and was the architect of several important agreements and votes. Refusing an offer to serve for another four years, Christina planned to retire, and focus on her family and her writing. However, as she saw the Republican Party become increasingly hostile to the Baharia administration and its devolution toward right-wing populism, she became more interested in active political involvement. Thus, with Baharia's support, she ran for the 2014 Senate Seat in New Hampshire. She faced several other Democrats in the Primary, but was carried through due to strong establishment support. She went on to narrowly in the seat in the General Election, and joined the Senate. She was put on the Foreign Affairs committee, and, by her request, the Health committee, a subject where she had held some interest. Due to her expertise in foreign policy, she has been a feature of cable news, commenting on international crises all around the globe. She has devoted some time, however, on developing her domestic policies, which, per her previous work and education, were not the primary focus of her life.

This focus on domestic affairs clarified several of her positions. As with most Democrats, she favours LGBTQ, womens, and minority rights, being a vocal advocate for gay marriage, and the right to choose. On economics, she favoured structural alterations and regulations, like the Dodd-Frank act to ensure that Wall Street stay in its lane. She also supports higher taxes on the wealthy, and the losing of corporate tax loopholes. She is a strong advocate for gun control. Her most ardent domestic position however has been on Criminal Justice Reform, and ensuring that the justice system is equitable and fair. Sitting on the Health Senate committee, she has favoured Baharia Care, though was, and is, supportive of a public option. In foreign affairs, she is an internationalist, favouring using organizations like the UN, and NATO, while not being afraid to flex American muscle if necessary, being supportive of several missions to target terrorist leaders.

During the 2016 election, she endorsed Diane Clifford during the Primary, and campaign for her in New Hampshire and New England in general. The victory of the Wolf campaign however shocked the nation, and Christina especially. She began to seriously consider a run for President herself in 2020. She has been a leading critic of Wolf's foreign policy, and his relations with the security services.

Other Info: Her husband Charles, is 71 and retired. Her daughter, Charlotte, is a realtor in Boston, where she lives with her wife Cynthia. Benjamin is a lawyer and prosecutor in New York.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Great Franconia and Verana

Do Not Remove: 84721

My first character.
Mainstream, establishment, and older.
Very different from Ramirez.

ACCEPTED
Marianne 2024:

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:12 am

Wtf Jack Chambers
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:13 am

Since Dayton's FAIR Act, the following bills have been tabled before the Senate.

I don't believe any bills have passed the House to advance up to the Senate since Vaquas' last update, so now, you need merely collate these, and remove any bills which have been voted on in the Senate and failed to pass.

The Murder Sentencing Act got passed.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:17 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Wtf Jack Chambers

Oh yea that was a fuck up

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am

Many republicans have opposed various tariffs by Donald Trump, including Mitch McConnell in regards to Mexico. My application stated the Governor was a supporter of free trade so I stick with his guns. Republicans were long standing proponents of free trade tradionally
Last edited by Von Markstein on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:40 am

Oh fuck I see now....

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:18 am

Many thanks!
Marianne 2024:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse