NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:56 am

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Based on polling so far, I'm predicting a Westra-Richardson general election.

Way too early

Way too early, but it's only a temporary prediction. I'd say, however, it's a lot more certain for Richardson than it is for Westra.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:33 am

Westra is in a precarious position.

Really, policy papers and endorsements are not that valuable. They will not outweigh recent gaffes.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:37 am

Sanabel wrote:Westra is in a precarious position.

Really, policy papers and endorsements are not that valuable. They will not outweigh recent gaffes.

The power of Democratic moderates also shouldn't be overstated, and whilst he hasn't alienated them quite so badly as - say - Murphy, he's definitely been more abrasive than Davenport, who occupies what could be generously called the 'Warren' lane, whilst Murphy and Westra fight over the 'Sanders' lane.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:58 am

Not gonna lie, the Donaldson attack ad is actually pretty neat!
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Panira
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Panira » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:02 am

Dentali wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT ON FUNDRAISING

Alrighty everybody so in the next quarter I will be upping the rates everyone will be bringing in money, additionally I am going to start charging you all based on the size of your campaign operations, ads and other factors. PLEASE think about how big you want your campaign to be, is can be as simple as small, medium or large, or you can give me some complex numbers and buys. Let me know asap because if you don't I WILL DECIDE FOR YOU. Bigger operations will result in larger benefits from your characters actions but it will also be more expensive, if you run out of money you are going to have to cut costs and it will likely impact you negatively in polling.

Good luck

I'm late-ish to the ball on this, but Marsch is probably going to be forced to run a fairly small campaign - he hasn't saved a ton, and he doesn't have much personal wealth to rely on.

(Also - Dent, I know you'd looked at Marsch a while back and said you'd need a second opinion. Did you end up getting one?)
Signatures are just a social construct.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:02 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Not gonna lie, the Donaldson attack ad is actually pretty neat!

thank u
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:22 am

Panira wrote:

Alrighty everybody so in the next quarter I will be upping the rates everyone will be bringing in money, additionally I am going to start charging you all based on the size of your campaign operations, ads and other factors. PLEASE think about how big you want your campaign to be, is can be as simple as small, medium or large, or you can give me some complex numbers and buys. Let me know asap because if you don't I WILL DECIDE FOR YOU. Bigger operations will result in larger benefits from your characters actions but it will also be more expensive, if you run out of money you are going to have to cut costs and it will likely impact you negatively in polling.

Good luck

I'm late-ish to the ball on this, but Marsch is probably going to be forced to run a fairly small campaign - he hasn't saved a ton, and he doesn't have much personal wealth to rely on.

(Also - Dent, I know you'd looked at Marsch a while back and said you'd need a second opinion. Did you end up getting one?)

Yeah, you just need to wait for acceptance.
Marianne 2024:

The Nordic Model
Attaché

Founded: Nov 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nordic Model » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:22 am

Sanabel wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
I thought we weren't allowed to delete or modify things we'd already done?

That’s true.

It’s against the rules to have deleted that- please repost it.

viewtopic.php?p=36625271#p36625271

Turns out the delete didn't work? Although for some reason its not showing up under my forum posts...strange.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:35 am

Panira wrote:

Good luck

I had to move into a new apartment and then i had the flu. So no I didn't but I will do so tonight
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:12 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Granluras wrote:

Good start. He has some issues.

He is both a hot shot and a failure of sorts- I’m not sure how he has both seen an astronomical rise/wunderkind political career, while also having scandals that would destroy the public image of most people. He is both entrusted with positions in the upper echelons of Democratic politics and have multiple electoral failures.

I would make him older and draw his career out more. I’d give him actual character flaws and remove his horrific scandals. He can be a womanizer, but that’s different from this stuff. I would also explain his career and have it be less of a list of stepping stones.

Alrighty, sorry for the delay. I made a few changes, such as excising his relationship with Baharia, so hopefully it's less hot-shotty, and more in line with what's acceptable .
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Panira wrote:Updated with state information and some minor revisions.

(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Panira
Character Name: Jamison Marsch
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 56
Character Height: 5'6
Character Weight: 159 lb.
Character Position/Role/Job: U.S. Representative, PA-11
Appearance: Jeff Flake (I don't remember how to paste an image in a post)
Character State of Origin: Pennsylvania
Character State of Residence: Pennsylvania
Character Party Affiliation: Republican
Main Strengths: Personable, common man background, gritty, passionate about his ideals, good-not-great orator, his broad campaign message could give him wide ranging appeal
Main Weaknesses: Not tremendously intelligent, not well liked by his own constituents, nationally unknown, vague on policy, little establishment support, his broad campaign message could also alienate every voter base
Biography:

Jamison Marsch was born on January 17, 1963 in Millersville, Pennsylvania. He was the son of two farmers who were far from rich, but made enough of a living to be able to provide for Jamison and his three younger siblings. His grades were solid, but never spectacular, and he was a somewhat quiet kid who nevertheless maintained a solid number of friends. He didn't have much interest in politics, and he was set on inheriting the family farm when he grew up. That changed during high school. The economic decline caused by the 1979 energy crisis hurt the Marsches substantially, and that combined with a series of unlucky local occurrences forced his family to sell the farm. Some financial assistance from better off relatives kept them afloat, but their lives were never quite as good. His father, previously a right-leaning moderate, was driven further to the political right after blaming Jimmy Carter and the Democrats for the economic woes that cost him his farm, and from then on he would often return home from his new low paying manual labor job ranting about the Democratic Party. Jamison, quite impressionable, began to adopt some of his father's beliefs (although he was never quite as radical as his father was), and with his future plans in flux, he decided to turn to politics, with the ultimate goal of becoming President and making sure that what happened to his family would never happen to any other farmers again. He attended Millersville University of Pennsylvania, majoring in business. Upon graduation, he naively mounted a campaign for mayor of Millersville that failed spectacularly due to him having literally just graduated college.

Jamison remained determined, never forgetting his dream. He worked odd jobs for a while and eventually started a successful business that made him a well liked figure in town. He capitalized on that reputation when the town's mayor lost favor with the populace, and he entered the race to unseat him, a race that he would ultimately win. After two generally well received terms as mayor, he set Millersville in his rear view as he decided to make a bid for his district's state representative seat, which was being vacated by a retiring Republican incumbent. He appointed longtime friend Nick Cansfield as the head of his campaign. Nick was a struggling former political science major who had befriended Jamison while in college. Nick was intelligent, and he too had high political aspirations, but he was also abrasive and introverted and thus never truly a fit for office. He saw a chance to find political relevance by staying in the background and riding the coattails of the much more politically appealing Jamison, and thus he was eager to jump aboard his staff. Jamison's platform was one based on traditional conservative beliefs, with a special emphasis on promoting the well-being of the agriculture industry. With someone as intelligent as Nick guiding his campaign, plus an appealing platform, Jamison was victorious in the race.

During his third term as state rep, at the advice of Nick, he began taking actions aimed primarily at boosting his future aspirations of higher office, but this came at the expense of his constituents, who began to turn on him. Nick, sensing that Jamison would have a hard time winning re-election, convinced him to launch a bid for PA-11's U.S. House seat. 2010 was shaping up to be a nationally favorable environment for the GOP, and the incumbent was a politically vulnerable Democrat, making the seat a very appealing possible flip for Republicans. Jamison's decision to generally fall in line with the Pennsylvania GOP was repaid when the party threw their weight behind him during the primary. The concerns of those he represented as a state rep resonated with a few Pennsylvania Republicans, but most Pennsylvanians saw the endorsements of many high profile state Republicans as indicative of a better politician, and Jamison was victorious in the primaries, a win that was followed by a victory over the Democratic incumbent. Over the course of his time in the House, with the help of his party, he began to win back some of the favorability with farmers and lower income families that he had lost prior to his run for the House. But in 2016, the year he was re-elected to the House for a fourth term, Wolf won the presidency, which troubled Jamison. Sure, he had endorsed Wolf like every other self-respecting Republican had. But privately, he was concerned that Wolf's radical brand of conservatism would negatively affect the national perception of the GOP. These private concerns began to manifest publicly after the GOP establishment threw its full weight behind Wolf despite its private concerns, and the party pressured its members of Congress to become vocal Wolf supporters in public. Even Nick, who had long prioritized actions based on political strategy as opposed to Jamison's focus on his ideals, was hesitant to take the more politically intelligent step of backing Wolf full throttle. This hesitancy caught the attention of party leaders, who privately battled Marsch's staff throughout all of 2017 over their commitment to the President and at one point considered publicly renouncing Jamison. Ultimately, Marsch's staff won - temporarily. Nick reminded the GOP that it would be unwise for them to publicly destroy one of their own members, especially since the midterms were already looking unfavorable for the GOP's attempt to keep the House. A deal was struck - the GOP would back Marsch in 2018 as per usual, and in return, after the midterms Jamison would begin to vote and act more in line with the President. But that was never a promise Nick and Jamison intended to keep.

After much deliberation, Jamison's team had decided to take a significant risk. They would agree to the deal with the GOP and then not follow through on their end. They decided to bet that Wolf would begin to lose favor with the people after the midterms, and thus, the GOP would, too. Then they'd turn right around and beg Jamison to forgive them for trying to force him to back a massively flawed President. Jamison would acquire a significant amount of power as one of the few Congressmen to stay wary of Wolf even as he became immensely popular, and thus, one of the Congressmen that the GOP would try to push to counter the growing narrative that the GOP was still the party of Wolf. He'd gain enough influence that he'd be positioned as a strong contender with establishment support for whatever he wanted to do next, whether that be governor or senator or perhaps even President. It was an immensely bold, probably illogical gambit designed to balance Nick's desire to stay politically strong by falling in line with the establishment and Jamison's refusal to betray his ideals - and it failed miserably.

Wolf retained most, if not all, of his popularity even as the Democrats took the House. Jamison became the subject of heavier GOP scrutiny than before, and having been duped once, the establishment wasn't going to take any chances. The party wanted full compliance, and they had given up on getting that out of Marsch's team. Reports leaked that the GOP had privately turned on Jamison, and the people followed suit. His peers in the House, who had been generally kind to him before the midterms, suddenly began to give him the cold shoulder. GOP-backed primary challengers started sprouting up from everywhere, and Jamison was forced to confront his political future. No longer a secure incumbent, Jamison's staff gave up on the idea of running for re-election and began to seriously contemplate his next step. The ideas ranged from sensible proposals like a return to state government to more outlandish ideas like defecting to a different party. But the idea of a longshot presidential run was among them, although it was never seriously considered. Jamison's team was in a state of constant uncertainty in regards to the future. Then, Wolf announced that he wouldn't seek a second term, and suddenly, a run at the presidency became a more viable option. That announcement, combined with a set of polls commissioned by the team showing that Jamison was very unpopular in Pennsylvania and thus wasn't a viable candidate for state office, made it clear that his last chance for political relevancy was a longshot campaign for the Oval Office. Since then, Jamison and Nick have been silently assembling a moderately sized campaign staff and developing a platform centered around the restoration of unity and compromise to American politics, as well as the promotion of agriculture and traditional conservative values. The campaign hasn't yet been made official, but as the day of announcement draws closer, despite the long odds facing him, Jamison feels both significant excitement and anxiety for what lies ahead.

Other Info:

Married to Elizabeth, 52, a retired waitress and current stay-at-home mother. Has five kids - two of whom are in college (Jonah, 23; Isaiah, 21) and three of whom are still at home (Leah, 16; Sarah, 13; Ezra, 11).

An evangelical Christian. As mentioned before, holds largely traditional conservative views, although one could argue that given his mild mannered nature and his disputes with the establishment, he'd be better classified as a moderate. Family values, anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro-free market, strong military, lower taxes, lower spending. Particularly emphasizes the well-being of rural communities and agriculture, and opposed NAFTA specifically because he believed it was a bad deal for farmers. As a result of the tensions with the establishment, intends to brand himself as a populist, with an emphasis on taking the country from establishment politics and special interests and giving it back to the common people, a view that he believes he has inherent credibility to fight for because of his history as a special advocate for common folk like farmers.

Is Wolf skeptical primarily because privately, he isn't a fan of some of Wolf's more extreme views and rhetoric, which he believes to be counter-intuitive and detrimental to the GOP's attempts to create a broader and more diverse coalition, which his team sees an electoral necessity for the future of the GOP. Also opposed the trade war Wolf started with China due to the detrimental effect it had on American jobs and farmers. Publicly, has walked a very fine line; has tended to vote with Wolf in the House since his inauguration, but has been very hesitant to comment specifically on almost anything Wolf has done, either speaking in broad, meaningless praise or with broad, meaningless concern. That noncommittal had drawn mild criticism from both sides, but ultimately, Marsch wasn't nationally known enough for it to be a really big deal. At least until post-2018, when the establishment became tired of Marsch's refusal to fully commit to backing Wolf and began to privately ostracize him. That private ostracization was reported on by certain media outlets, and Marsch became the subject of public scrutiny from the Republicans who knew who he was (his national profile still isn't big enough for most Republicans to know who he is, so it's primarily those in his home district and Congressional Republicans who turned on him). Making a presidential bid in the hopes that: a) his national profile is small enough that most Republicans won't be aware of his background and thus think poorly of him; b) that he can gain favorability with Republicans who don't know him well; and c) that there's a lane in this primary for someone who, at least publicly, likes the ideals of Wolfism but wants to steer the party back toward a more traditional brand of conservatism. Currently intends to cast Prendergast as a Wolf fanatic who doesn't believe in traditional conservatism, and Richardson as an out-of-touch elitist who's too influenced by special interests to be truly able to speak for the common people.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Panira

Do Not Remove: 84721

ACCEPTED dont go crazy
Last edited by Dentali on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:52 pm

Granluras wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Good start. He has some issues.

He is both a hot shot and a failure of sorts- I’m not sure how he has both seen an astronomical rise/wunderkind political career, while also having scandals that would destroy the public image of most people. He is both entrusted with positions in the upper echelons of Democratic politics and have multiple electoral failures.

I would make him older and draw his career out more. I’d give him actual character flaws and remove his horrific scandals. He can be a womanizer, but that’s different from this stuff. I would also explain his career and have it be less of a list of stepping stones.

Alrighty, sorry for the delay. I made a few changes, such as excising his relationship with Baharia, so hopefully it's less hot-shotty, and more in line with what's acceptable .

Link or repost.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:53 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Granluras wrote:Alrighty, sorry for the delay. I made a few changes, such as excising his relationship with Baharia, so hopefully it's less hot-shotty, and more in line with what's acceptable .

Link or repost.

bro just click the quote link
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Granluras wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Good start. He has some issues.

Ok-

You did not solve any of the problems that I raised regarding things like the UCL, just to start.

Actually correct it and come back to me.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:30 pm

New character, what you think?

NS Nation Name: Dad
Character Name: Jose Flores
Character Age: 24
Character Height: 6ft 8
Character Weight: 120 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Mayor of Tallahassee
Appearance: Image
Character State of Origin: Florida
Character State of Residence: Florida
Character Party Affiliation: Libertarian
Main Strengths: Beautiful, Young, Well-liked, Popular
Main Weaknesses: Nothing
Biography:
Jose was born in Tallahassee to a lovely rich family. He was very successful at childhood and was very popular. He was liked by every single person he met. He was well known by all in Tallahassee.

He liked Politics but wanted to serve for his country so he joined the Marines at 18 and was promoted to Colonel at the age of 22. He then left the military because he found it boring so he went back to Tallahassee.

He joined the Libertarian Party when he was 23 and when Tallahassee needed a mayor he ran and was elected with 87.4% of the vote. He has been the best Mayor in United States History. He is loved by everyone.

Other Info: Might be a Muslim.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Meel

Marianne 2024:

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Meelducan wrote:New character, what you think?

(Image)

Appearance: (Image)
Biography:
Jose was born in Tallahassee to a lovely rich family. He was very successful at childhood and was very popular. He was liked by every single person he met. He was well known by all in Tallahassee.

He liked Politics but wanted to serve for his country so he joined the Marines at 18 and was promoted to Colonel at the age of 22. He then left the military because he found it boring so he went back to Tallahassee.

He joined the Libertarian Party when he was 23 and when Tallahassee needed a mayor he ran and was elected with 87.4% of the vote. He has been the best Mayor in United States History. He is loved by everyone.

Sounds like a steaming injection
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:39 pm

(Image)

Biography:

I had depression.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:44 pm

(Image)

Biography:

And I OOP--

If you know who's picture that is you are entitled to a veteran's discount.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:01 pm

Alozia wrote:

(Image)

Biography:

And I OOP--

ok boomer
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:06 pm

Alozia wrote:

(Image)

Biography:

And I OOP--

Ferdinand Simpson

8)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:43 pm

ADMIN VETO

Springsteen will not authorize the use of born to run for westra. Delete the ad or be sued in game

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:45 pm

I got bad vibes from that ad too .. "born to run" sounds a bit pretentious in the form of a political ad.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:15 pm

I’d like to think Dentali called up Springsteen directly and asked him.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:08 am

Granluras wrote:I’d like to think Dentali called up Springsteen directly and asked him.

I'm legitimately a Bruce Superfan

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:00 am

It might just be me, but the recent Westra ad with Born to Run in it is cringe. Copyright aside, it's just outright cringe. I've listened to the song: it's a good song, but the problem is that it clashes with the pictures. It's the wrong tone for a campaign that wants to present itself as an earth-shattering force of reform. It just feels like a mixed message; like mixing yellow and brown: they're both good colours, they just don't go well together.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse