NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Agarntrop wrote:I think he'd like some fries with those executions. Lol.

So really no questions about the actual subject of the presser? Or questions on the President revealing he had brain cancer? You know the thing that people actually give a shit about and would dominate the news cycle for the next month?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Shah Rukh Khan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Shah Rukh Khan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Shah Rukh Khan
Character Name: Alejandro Núñez
Character Gender: M
Character Age: 46
Character Height: 6 ft
Character Weight: 173 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Representative for Massachusetts’ 4th District, State Representative for the 12th District
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Massachusetts
Character State of Residence: Massachusetts
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Steadfast, wily, bipartisan enough to be mainstream, progressive enough to be seen as a liberal ally, popular with constituents
Main Weaknesses: Ties to big money, workaholic, disliked by some colleagues for his opportunistic nature, arrogant, jealous of more successful people, not patient enough to wait his turn

Biography: Nunez was born in 1973 and raised in Brookline, Massachusetts. He attended Thomas Jefferson High School. Núñez has stated that his interest in public service developed at a young age from watching his parents' involvement in political campaigns and civic causes. His father, Jessie Guzman, was a mathematics teacher from the Brookline district on the outskirts of Boston, and his mother, Ana Cruz, was a community activist. Núñez graduated with honors from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science and communications and earned a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts. After law school, he began to work for the law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld before starting his own firm with a friend in 2000.

In the corporate law industry, Núñez met many powerful political leaders. When he finally decided to run for office, it was easy for him to hire, raise funds, and gain support from the party, due to his strong ties to the Massachusetts Democrats. He ran for Massachusetts’s State House seat for the 12th House district in 2002. He defeated an older lawyer in the Democratic primary for State Representative, 64-36 percent; the youthful energy he brought to his campaign energized local voters. In the general election, he defeated the Republican nominee, 65-30 percent. He was twenty-nine at the time of his election to the state House. In 2004, he won re-election to a second term against an unknown challenger. In 2006, he won re-election to a third term. He stuck around in the state House until 2010, when he won re-election to a fifth term, defeating winning by a 78%-22% margin.

In June 2011, Núñez announced that he was running for a seat in the United States House of Representatives in Massachusetts’ 4th congressional district after it's longtime occupant retired. He ran against several other non-famous Democrats, and stood out for his youth, commitment, and his tireless time spent in the district. He won a plurality in the Democratic primary. In November 2012, he defeated the Republican candidate by 54%-46% . He has won all subsequent elections.

Núñez ability to court big donors while displaying significant liberal credibility is why he has politically thrived in a troublesome era. However, there have been some bumps; he has gained notoriety amongst some members of his caucus for being too Machiavellian and jealous of others. His arrogance has also ticked off younger representatives. It has been rumored that Núñez is eyeing the Massachusetts Senate seat, and he is secretly considering primarying the incumbent Senator Winthrop, which will no doubt be a challenge due to her status as the Progressive icon. But he thinks he can pull it off if more of her past Islamophobic atheist writings are released.

Other Info: He is married to a real estate developer and has two kids.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Shah Rukh Khan

Do Not Remove: 84721

Took dentali's advice, how does it look?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:15 pm

My app is almost done. Just need to find a good picture.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Why has literally no-one responded to the e-mail I sent to literally every single senator?
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Why has literally no-one responded to the e-mail I sent to literally every single senator?

Some players might be busy, others may not be interested in the offer and there is also the possibility that a portion of players have missed the e-mail.

I would suggest contacting players via TG as it had been done in the previous RP.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Dentali wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:I think he'd like some fries with those executions. Lol.

So really no questions about the actual subject of the presser? Or questions on the President revealing he had brain cancer? You know the thing that people actually give a shit about and would dominate the news cycle for the next month?

Because no one really cares what an insignificant Governor from North Carolina thinks.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Why has literally no-one responded to the e-mail I sent to literally every single senator?

I'm kinda tired rn. Gonna put up a response later tonight.
Die nasty!!111

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Shah Rukh Khan wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Shah Rukh Khan
Character Name: Alejandro Núñez
Character Age: 46
Character Height: 6 ft
Character Weight: 173 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Representative for Massachusetts’ 4th District, State Representative for the 12th District
Appearance:
Character State of Origin: Massachusetts
Character State of Residence: Massachusetts
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Steadfast, wily, bipartisan enough to be mainstream, progressive enough to be seen as a liberal ally, popular with constituents
Main Weaknesses: Ties to big money, workaholic, disliked by some colleagues for his opportunistic nature, arrogant, jealous of more successful people, not patient enough to wait his turn

Biography: Nunez was born in 1973 and raised in Brookline, Massachusetts. He attended Thomas Jefferson High School. Núñez has stated that his interest in public service developed at a young age from watching his parents' involvement in political campaigns and civic causes. His father, Jessie Guzman, was a mathematics teacher from the Brookline district on the outskirts of Boston, and his mother, Ana Cruz, was a community activist. Núñez graduated with honors from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science and communications and earned a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts. After law school, he began to work for the law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld before starting his own firm with a friend in 2000.

In the corporate law industry, Núñez met many powerful political leaders. When he finally decided to run for office, it was easy for him to hire, raise funds, and gain support from the party, due to his strong ties to the Massachusetts Democrats. He ran for Massachusetts’s State House seat for the 12th House district in 2002. He defeated an older lawyer in the Democratic primary for State Representative, 64-36 percent; the youthful energy he brought to his campaign energized local voters. In the general election, he defeated the Republican nominee, 65-30 percent. He was twenty-nine at the time of his election to the state House. In 2004, he won re-election to a second term against an unknown challenger. In 2006, he won re-election to a third term. He stuck around in the state House until 2010, when he won re-election to a fifth term, defeating winning by a 78%-22% margin.

In June 2011, Núñez announced that he was running for a seat in the United States House of Representatives in Massachusetts’ 4th congressional district after it's longtime occupant retired. He ran against several other non-famous Democrats, and stood out for his youth, commitment, and his tireless time spent in the district. He won a plurality in the Democratic primary. In November 2012, he defeated the Republican candidate by 54%-46% . He has won all subsequent elections.

Núñez ability to court big donors while displaying significant liberal credibility is why he has politically thrived in a troublesome era. However, there have been some bumps; he has gained notoriety amongst some members of his caucus for being too Machiavellian and jealous of others. His arrogance has also ticked off younger representatives. It has been rumored that Núñez is eyeing the Massachusetts Senate seat, and he is secretly considering primarying the incumbent Senator Winthrop, which will no doubt be a challenge due to her status as the Progressive icon. But he thinks he can pull it off if more of her past Islamophobic atheist writings are released.

Other Info: He is married to a real estate developer and has two kids.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Shah Rukh Khan

Took dentali's advice, how does it look?

Much improved, I'll speak with Vaq

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Quite an odd line of questioning, regarding the news conference.

On another note: I cannot respond, as of this moment, with Warrick being he is not an accepted character -- despite his reserved role as Senate Majority Leader. Further, I'd rather avoid setting the precedent of posting with a non-accepted character.

I'm nearly finished with the Davenport application, and will possibly be so tonight, however I cannot anticipate a timeline on Warrick's introduction being I am going on vacation over the weekend, and I go to school and I work full-time.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:03 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Quite an odd line of questioning, regarding the news conference.

On another note: I cannot respond, as of this moment, with Warrick being he is not an accepted character -- despite his reserved role as Senate Majority Leader. Further, I'd rather avoid setting the precedent of posting with a non-accepted character.

I'm nearly finished with the Davenport application, and will possibly be so tonight, however I cannot anticipate a timeline on Warrick's introduction being I am going on vacation over the weekend, and I go to school and I work full-time.

did you submit Warricks app?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:05 pm

Dentali wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Quite an odd line of questioning, regarding the news conference.

No, it is still a WIP.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Dentali wrote:

No, it is still a WIP.

can we make it a priority?

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:40 pm

Dentali wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:No, it is still a WIP.

can we make it a priority?

There’s so many apps waiting
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:53 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: The Archipelago Territory
Character Name: Noah Wilson
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 51
Character Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Character Weight: 157 pounds
Character Position/Role/Job: White House Chief of Staff, former Deputy Chief of Staff (2016-2018) former United States Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd district (2012-2016), former State Senator from North Carolina’s 1st State Senate District (2008-2012).
Appearance:
(Image)
Character State of Origin: North Carolina
Character State of Residence: Washington, D.C.
Character Party Affiliation: Republican
Main Strengths: experienced, charismatic, good at campaigning.
Main Weaknesses: Associated with the Wolf administration, divisive, not liked by media, not good at debating unless given lots of time to prepare.
Biography:

Noah was born in North Carolina in March 1968 to a middle class family, and was a good student in high school and attended Duke University in 1986. He studied economics and then went to law school at the University of North Carolina in 1990, and graduated in 1993. While he was in college, he had an internship in Washington, D.C. working for a Republican congressman from North Carolina, which interested him. After graduating, he worked as a lawyer for a private firm for 10 years, where he met his wife Olivia. He then started his own law firm and he worked there for five years (until 2008).

In 2007, he announced his intention to run for the North Carolina Senate as a Republican in North Carolina’s 1st State Senate District. He won the primary with 52.3% of the vote, beating the incumbent senator and winning the general election with a 52% vote in 2008 after a long and hard-fought campaign. In his first term he supported and voted for several bills backed by the Republican Party.

After his 2-year term ended, he decided to seek re-election in the 2010 election, and won the primary with 67% of the vote. This time, due to being the incumbent candidate, he was able to raise more campaign funds and won with 53% of the vote. In his second term, Wilson also sponsored several bills written by members of the Republican Party, most of which were not approved by the governor.

During his second term, Wilson decided to form a small local exploratory committee, and by 2012 decided not to run for a second term as a State Senator. He instead ran for Congress in North Carolina’s 3rd congressional district. He beat the incumbent representative and won the primary with 46% of the vote, and from there held several campaign rallies mostly speaking about key republican issues such as illegal immigration and taxes. The republican-controlled district then elected him with 56% of the vote.

He gained media attention but was criticized after revealing he was pro-life at a debate on the house floor in 2013. That decreased his election chances by giving his opponent in the 2014 elections an effective to campaign against him, but he still won with 52% of the vote. In his second term he pushed for a repeal of the ACA, but was unsuccessful. By then he was considered a loyal member of the Republican Party and spent the second half of his term raising money for the 2016 gubernatorial elections in North Carolina.

Although it was a huge risk, he tried to run for Governor of North Carolina, but lost the primary, only receiving 22% of the vote. Even if he won the primary however, it is unlikely he could have flipped the state and won the general election. Having similar views as Wolf, he supported Wolf’s election in 2016 near the end of the primaries, and spoke at a few campaign events for him towards the end of the General election. In November, after Wolf won, was chosen to be the Deputy White House Chief of Staff. Eventually, after serving in the White House for over a year, by July 2018 he was chosen by Wolf to be the White House Chief of Staff.

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: The Archipelago Territory

Couple of things:

1. Rumsfeld is an actual person who held exists in this timeline due to his influence pre-bush, which means he shouldn't be used as a character model

2. Your character's run for Governor of North Carolina would mean that he challenged Dentali's character in the Republican Primary in 2016, which is not possible given said character's already approved backstory in his application.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Vaquas wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: The Archipelago Territory
Character Name: Noah Wilson
Character Age: 51
Character Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Character Weight: 157 pounds
Character Position/Role/Job: White House Chief of Staff, former Deputy Chief of Staff (2016-2018) former United States Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd district (2012-2016), former State Senator from North Carolina’s 1st State Senate District (2008-2012).
Appearance:
(Image)
Character State of Origin: North Carolina
Character Party Affiliation: Republican
Main Strengths: experienced, charismatic, good at campaigning.
Main Weaknesses: Associated with the Wolf administration, divisive, not liked by media, not good at debating unless given lots of time to prepare.
Biography:

Noah was born in North Carolina in March 1968 to a middle class family, and was a good student in high school and attended Duke University in 1986. He studied economics and then went to law school at the University of North Carolina in 1990, and graduated in 1993. While he was in college, he had an internship in Washington, D.C. working for a Republican congressman from North Carolina, which interested him. After graduating, he worked as a lawyer for a private firm for 10 years, where he met his wife Olivia. He then started his own law firm and he worked there for five years (until 2008).

In 2007, he announced his intention to run for the North Carolina Senate as a Republican in North Carolina’s 1st State Senate District. He won the primary with 52.3% of the vote, beating the incumbent senator and winning the general election with a 52% vote in 2008 after a long and hard-fought campaign. In his first term he supported and voted for several bills backed by the Republican Party.

After his 2-year term ended, he decided to seek re-election in the 2010 election, and won the primary with 67% of the vote. This time, due to being the incumbent candidate, he was able to raise more campaign funds and won with 53% of the vote. In his second term, Wilson also sponsored several bills written by members of the Republican Party, most of which were not approved by the governor.

During his second term, Wilson decided to form a small local exploratory committee, and by 2012 decided not to run for a second term as a State Senator. He instead ran for Congress in North Carolina’s 3rd congressional district. He beat the incumbent representative and won the primary with 46% of the vote, and from there held several campaign rallies mostly speaking about key republican issues such as illegal immigration and taxes. The republican-controlled district then elected him with 56% of the vote.

He gained media attention but was criticized after revealing he was pro-life at a debate on the house floor in 2013. That decreased his election chances by giving his opponent in the 2014 elections an effective to campaign against him, but he still won with 52% of the vote. In his second term he pushed for a repeal of the ACA, but was unsuccessful. By then he was considered a loyal member of the Republican Party and spent the second half of his term raising money for the 2016 gubernatorial elections in North Carolina.

Although it was a huge risk, he tried to run for Governor of North Carolina, but lost the primary, only receiving 22% of the vote. Even if he won the primary however, it is unlikely he could have flipped the state and won the general election. Having similar views as Wolf, he supported Wolf’s election in 2016 near the end of the primaries, and spoke at a few campaign events for him towards the end of the General election. In November, after Wolf won, was chosen to be the Deputy White House Chief of Staff. Eventually, after serving in the White House for over a year, by July 2018 he was chosen by Wolf to be the White House Chief of Staff.

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: The Archipelago Territory

Couple of things:

1. Rumsfeld is an actual person who held exists in this timeline due to his influence pre-bush, which means he shouldn't be used as a character model

2. Your character's run for Governor of North Carolina would mean that he challenged Dentali's character in the Republican Primary in 2016, which is not possible given said character's already approved backstory in his application.

Well I did say he faced a primary challenger in 2016 in the former of his former lt governor.... its reasonable he had multiple challengers. However he would need to fix the sentence "it is unlikely he could have flipped the state and won the general election" as the state had a republican governor.

I would however encourage people to spread out the states they are in. Maybe make them from Kentucky?

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Cocoa Nation wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Cocoa Nation
Character Name: Sandra "Sandy" Fields
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 67
Character Height: 5'9
Character Weight: 190 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Small Business Owner (1975-1997); Mayor of Roswell, Georgia (1998-2007); Representative for Georgia's 6th Congressional District (2008-present)
Appearance: (Photo preferred, not required)
Character State of Origin: Georgia
Character State of Residence: Georgia
Character Party Affiliation: Democrat
Main Strengths: Cross-party appeal; national prominence; passionate speaker (think more Warren than Obama)
Main Weaknesses: Controversial past statements on topics like abortion, immigration, etc.; Considered to moderate/conservative for some on the left; relatively old;
Biography: (Minimum 2-3 paragraphs)
Sandra "Sandy" Fields was born in the small town of Lavonia, Georgia. She grew up lower middle class, her mother a librarian and her father a supervisor at a small factory. Sandy grew up relatively normal. She went to her local schools, hung out with the children of family friends, and focused more on playing than politics. That changed when she met her future husband, Michael, in high school. Michael, who was African-American, was born to parents who were very engaged in the Civil Rights movement. Michael's parents' passion for politics transferred to Michael, which in turn transferred to Sandy.

After graduating from high school, Sandy moved to Atlanta with her husband. Sandy went to a local college to get her degree and then became a public school teacher. Her husband worked numerous jobs in Atlanta. After saving enough money, both Sandy and Michael quit their jobs to start a trucking business. Buoyed by the trucking boom of the 70's and Atlanta's increased logistics importance, Sandy was able to move up the socio-economic ladder, and move out of Atlanta into the suburb of Roswell.

While an active member of and donor to the Democrat's local chapter, Sandy did not have any plans on running for local office. This changed in 1997. The incumbent Mayor of Roswell announced his retirement and left a power vacuum in a rapidly growing city. The local Democrats pressured Sandy to quit her job and run for Mayor. At first reluctant, Sandy eventually decided to run for Mayor. She ran on a platform of increasing affordable housing and infrastructure renewal/improvement projects. With the help of her husband, Sandy was able to increase black turn out in the local elections, leading to her win over her Republican challenger.

Sandy continued to be a popular Mayor until she decided to leave her job in 2007. Instead, she decided to run for US Congress in a solid Republican district. Her advisors warned her against such a move, predicting a loss. However Sandy's moderate social positions, strong support from the African-American community, and Obama's coattails were all able to let Sandy win over the Republican incumbent.

In 2017, Sandy made the decision to run for Governor of Georgia. Sandy had a primary role in building up the Democrats' political machine in Georgia and 2018 seemed like the perfect chance to use it against a party under an unpopular president. Sandy faced some backlash from progressives in the primary, but was able easily win with 65% of the vote. The general election was the most competitive gubernatorial race Georgia had seen in decades. Her opponent, however, won the vote by less than 50,000 votes. Sandy blames the loss on voter suppression. Her opponent running for governor had a clear conflict of interest since he was also the Secretary of state and responsible for overseeing the gubernatorial race. Federal judges ruled that multiple counties in Georgia violated the Civil Rights Act during the election. However, the election was not close enough for a recount and Sandy was forced to concede.

While she lost the gubernatorial race, Sandy was able to become a national figure. She received endorsements from past presidents, graced the cover of multiple national magazines, and caught headlines around the nation. While the gubernatorial race was Sandy's first electoral lost, she vowed that it would not stop her. She is now considering running for Senate, or possibly even President.

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Cocoa Nation

I should note that the 6th District has been redrawn twice since her taking office, so choosing a more stable or solidly Democratic district would be preferable if you want her tenure to be as long as you indicate.

If we maintain the same trajectory, however, it would need to be explained how she held onto her congressional seat whilst running for Governor at the same time? Typically, the officeholder does not run for reelection to their seat when seeking higher office, so as to ensure that district continues to have representation when the new congress is sworn in in the event of a win.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Bette Noir wrote:
Bette Noir wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Bette Noir
Character Name: Ashton Knox
Character Age: 58
Character Height: 5'6
Character Weight: 145
Character Position/Role/Job: Real Estate Developer/ CEO of Knox Group( 2001-Present), Real Estate Attorney (1988-2001)
Appearance:
Character State of Origin: California
Character State of Residence: Oregon
Character Party Affiliation: N/A(2018-Present), Republican(2012-2017), Democrat(2008-2012), Independent(2000-2008), Democrat(1995-2000)
Main Strengths: Charismatic, Business Experience, Photogenic(loves airtime), Large War Chest, Personable
Main Weaknesses: Alcoholic, Flip Flopper, Lacks Political Experience, Impulsive/Reckless with words, Insensitive
Biography: Ashton Knox was born on July 21st, 1960 to William and Carmela Knox in the cozy city of Redwood City, California. The son of a carpenter and legal receptionist the Knox family could comfortably call themselves middle class. Although they lived comfortably the Knox's lived in tight quarters in their 3 bedroom apartment. Being the youngest in a family of 5, an older brother and sister, Ashton regularly got into quarrels with his siblings. He lived a relatively normal and mundane childhood. He attended public school and after graduating high school Ashton decided to follow in his fathers footsteps and learned carpentry in 1978.

He would continue to work in his fathers construction company until he was 21. During his time in construction Ashton would develop an alcoholic tendency, drinking at every chance he could get. He was a frequenter of strip clubs and hung around a bad crowd. In 1981 he would delve in the cocaine scene frequenting the night clubs and house parties. This would lead him further into the 'bottle'. His father saw this and gave him an ultimatum: he'd either sober up or he would fire him from his company. A schism occurred between him and fathers relationship. Ashton packed up his stuff and left his familys home. He would bunk with friends and quit his job in his fathers company.

He would eventually enroll into Foothill Community College where he would then transfer to UC Santa Cruz. Earning his degree in business he went back to his fathers company to help him manage their expanding operations in 1985. After a brief stint in managerial operations Ashton decided to take the BAR exam and enroll in UC Hastings School of Law that same year. After graduating in 1989 Ashton was hired at Morrison Foerrester where he would begin his career in Real Estate law. He would regularly interact with developers and eventually caught the real estate bug.

In 1997, having saved up his wealth and with the subsequent dot-com boom occuring, Ashton bought a significant share of his fathers construction company. In 1999 he would buy 2/3 share in his fathers company and decided to leave Morrison Foerrester taking some of his clients with thus emerging in a big scandal. After taking high profile clients and with Ashton renaming his fathers company to Redwood Builders Inc, the company came under immense scrutiny with Ashton being accused of insider trading. The accusation never became more than tabloid gossip. His father, William Knox, expressed disdain for how his son was handling the company. In 2001, after having near total control of the construction company, Ashton arranged a boardroom coup which forced his father to retire from the company and subsequently renamed the company from Redwood Builders Inc to the Knox Group. Ashton's family would severe all ties with him after this move.
Although staying relatively quiet politically, Ashton would rant to a local news outlet that he "abandoned" the Democratic party for their "reckless handling" of the NAFTA treaty, citing that they had "sold the soul of America." He would continue to berate the party both in public and privately to his colleagues urging them to give donations to the Republican Party and to "vote American". He would run political ads throughout the Bay Area endorsing the California GOP which resulted in severe backlash throughout the Bay.

During all this Ashton would meet his first wife, Ruby Rose during a Gala in SF in 2000. The relationship would be shortlived as Ashtons alcoholism would become a problem. Argument after argument would yield nothing but misery and as such Ashton would walk in on his wife having an affair with one of his close colleagues. The couple separated in 2003 after a mutual agreement to part ways. Tabloid news would run articles about Ruby's infidelity forcing Ashton to hire a PR firm to manage the stories and to cover up Ashtons alcoholic tendencies.

From 2001-2006, Ashton would continue to build the Knox Group into a regional player having developed multiple properties in San Francisco throughout the peninsula and the East Bay. In 2007, with initial signs of an exodus of longtime California residents leaving the state for more affordable areas, Ashton would expand operations into nearby Idaho where he would begin building residential housing veering away from his traditional commercial focus. In 2008 with the housing market crash Ashton began buying out entire neighborhoods of foreclosed houses throughout the west coast and would tear down the houses to build high rises and malls. A bad spate of press accusing him of gentrifying cities forced Ashton to scale back operations. He would use this to his advantage and began focusing on low-income housing instead building small duplexes and tenements. Another scandal would arise after a freelance journalist revealed that Ashton's company gave preference to poorer white families over families of color when accepting applicants for the low-income housing initiative. Once again Ashton would be thrusted into the spotlight.

Ashton used this to discredit the Republican Party. He claimed that he had always been "a die-hard Democrat" and that "the Democrats wouldn't have lead the country to near collapse." He would publicly place the blame of the 2008 crash solely on the Republicans. This marked his transition back into the Democratic Party which was not well received as many would call him a hypocrite thus adding fuel to the bonfire that had already been lit about his character.

Amidst the scandal, Ashton relocated his company headquarters to Portland Oregon in 2010 transforming his Bay Area office into a regional office. This would allow him to expand his development operations into the pacific northwest targeting Bellvue, Spokane, and Seattle Washington. He would open a Seattle office in the summer of 2011 to further expand the Knox Group's reach. It was then that Ashton met his second wife, Elena Fox, in 2011. After a year the newlyweds found themselves with child in 2012, however after carrying what would be twins to full term , Ashton and Elena would find that both the babies would be stillborn leading Ashton further into the bottle. After a slew of drunken public appearances at notable nightclubs and parties Ashton would further embroil himself in controversy after it was revealed that he had frequented Portland's red light district. He was caught on camera soliciting prostitutes in his vintage Lincoln Continental.

In 2013, Ashton would try his hand in Hawaii's lucrative tourist industry by opening up a Polynesian themed hotel and Casino in Honolulu. The endeavor would ultimately fail and by 2016 he would be forced to declare bankruptcy on the endeavor resulting in major losses for the Knox Group. As a result, pressure from investors would, consequently, force the closure of the Boise branch ultimately laying nearly 2000 employees in the area. Ashton immediately went into damage control and halted his low-incoming housing initiative to focus on commerical developments on the West Coast. That same year Elena would file for divorce due to Ashtons alcoholism and unfaithfulness making her unhappiness in the marriage public.

Ashton once more would leave a major political party citing that the Republicans have "failed the American people" in delivering relief and fixing the economy and refused to associate with any major political party. However, he would become a major donor for Pro-Choice and LGBTQ charities and would advocate for enhanced women's rights and tolerance for the gay community regularly attending womens marches and PRIDE events.

Now in 2019, Ashton would set his eyes on political office; believing that he could make a difference and answering the call of duty with the recent events with President Wolf, Ashton is actively reviewing his options.

Other Info: The biography is a little clunky but at least you'll get an idea of my character. (Kinda of a scumbag lol :p but hopefully an intriguing one nonetheless.) Lemme know what you think, if he could be a viable character. I'll adjust accordingly.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Bette Noir

What is the purpose of the character, out of curiosity? He seems unnecessarily weak. But i understand the appeal of having scummy characters.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:28 pm

The Sandersmen wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: The Sandersmen
Character Name: George Crawford
Character Age: 39
Character Height: 6’ 1”
Character Weight: 190 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Investigative Reporter and National Political Correspondent at the Washington Post
Appearance:
Character State of Origin: Illinois
Character Party Affiliation: Independent; a personal Green Party supporter
Main Strengths: Charismatic, pushy, perceptive
Main Weaknesses: Disliked by politicians, seen as too nosy, sometimes jumps to conclusions too quickly
Biography: Crawford was born in 1981 and raised in Chicago, Illinois. After moving to England in 1998, he graduated from the American Community School in Cobham, Surrey, in "the high Tory London suburbs" of the London commuter belt, in 2000.

He moved back to Chicago in 2000 and received a Bachelor of Science degree in 2004 from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University, with a double major in journalism and political science and a minor in history. While at college, Crawford wrote for The Daily Northwestern and was editor-in-chief of the campus leftist newspaper The Northwestern Star.

Crawford began his professional career in 2002 as an editorial assistant and researcher for USA Today's editorial page and as a reporter for Campaigns & Elections. He went onto contribute articles to Slate, The Daily Beast, Time, The Guardian, The American Prospect, The American Spectator, The Washington Monthly, The American Conservative, Politico, and The Nation. He regularly appeared on NPR podcasts and MSNBC's various talk shows.

In 2006, Crawford was hired by the Guardian to be a part of the team that investigated the misuse of funds during the Iraq War. His team’s reporting eventually contributed to the discovery of a wider scam in Iraq, leading to a major loss of faith in the Republican president and the election of a young Democrat in 2008. Crawford was sought by the famous editor of the Washington Post, who hired him as an investigative reporter in 2009.

Crawford became well known in the journalism industry, and became respected for his creative ways of seeking information and his integrity when dealing with sources. In 2015, Crawford published a series of stories on the opioid crisis, highlighting the deep collusion between drug companies and local district attorneys, as well as the politics within drug companies. Crawford won the Pulitzer Prize in 2015 for his investigative journalism on the opioid crisis, leading to his promotion within the Washington Post ranks. However, his journalism wasn’t infallible. In 2017, Crawford penned a story in the Post that seemed to insinuate that specific oil executives were directly bribing the national EPA administrator. The story’s sources were paltry, and eventually main parts of the article were revealed to be untrue. His reputation remains relatively intact as a dedicated journalist with integrity, but some peers in the media are wary of him for jumping the gun too soon.

Crawford was given the role of Chief Political Correspondent in 2018. Although politics wasn’t his main interest as a journalist, he has taken on the role with great gusto, having been known for making some trouble at White House press conferences. President Wolf has even personally critiqued Crawford on Twitter. He will be the Washington Post’s senior reporter on the upcoming 2020 Democratic and Republican presidential primaries.

Other Info: Crawford was married to a fellow journalist, with whom he had one child. They divorced in 2014. He is now married to famous 33 year old actress, Clementine Bondor. They have 3 children together.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: The Sandersmen

Bumping this

Hey! I'm in charge of reviewing your app. so overall its pretty good, the 2006 section regarding the Iraq War is a no go. Your character cant bring down the president, they can uncover a scandal but it needs to be toned down and not be linked to the President. Secondly the EPA story... you need to tone it down, its a good scandal and weakness but that goes a bit too far as he would definitely lose his job.

Bette Noir
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bette Noir » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Bette Noir wrote:

What is the purpose of the character, out of curiosity? He seems unnecessarily weak. But i understand the appeal of having scummy characters.

Well I'd definitely have him run for office, but I'm debating if he should run for Senate or President. The interesting side to him is that he has his options open to run for either of the three parties, I wanted to leave him open-ended. He would definitely be a major risk and liability for any party he chooses to run under, but I guess I kinda wanted to see what a West Coast Trump-esque person could do and maybe how well they'd fare in the political arena. I purposely made him appear weak because I think these are some realistic liabilities the likes of which someone like him, a person with power and wealth, would have; plus this gives some fodder for any of his opponents as well as the press and thus it'd generate some intrigue for bad or good.

My point is I think he could be an intriguing character, hopefully an entertaining character or even possibly a headache for some, but either way a kind of.... unorthodox force to reckon with so to speak. As I develop him further and integrate him into the rp I'll figure out what office he could be more suitable for because Oregon is having senate elections but theres also the Presidential election coming up and that is very tempting.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Bette Noir wrote:
Sanabel wrote:What is the purpose of the character, out of curiosity? He seems unnecessarily weak. But i understand the appeal of having scummy characters.

Well I'd definitely have him run for office, but I'm debating if he should run for Senate or President. The interesting side to him is that he has his options open to run for either of the three parties, I wanted to leave him open-ended. He would definitely be a major risk and liability for any party he chooses to run under, but I guess I kinda wanted to see what a West Coast Trump-esque person could do and maybe how well they'd fare in the political arena. I purposely made him appear weak because I think these are some realistic liabilities the likes of which someone like him, a person with power and wealth, would have; plus this gives some fodder for any of his opponents as well as the press and thus it'd generate some intrigue for bad or good.

My point is I think he could be an intriguing character, hopefully an entertaining character or even possibly a headache for some, but either way a kind of.... unorthodox force to reckon with so to speak. As I develop him further and integrate him into the rp I'll figure out what office he could be more suitable for because Oregon is having senate elections but theres also the Presidential election coming up and that is very tempting.

whats his net worth?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Vaquas. It's time!

NS Nation Name: Main Nation Ministry
Character Name: Ben Montgomery
Character Age: 49
Character Weight: 180 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Governor of California (2018-Current), Lieutenant Governor of California (2010-2018), Businessman (1998-2010)
Appearance:
Character State of Origin: San Francisco, California
Character State of Residence: Sacramento, California
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic Party
Main Strengths:
- LGBQ friendly.
- Had political help from late Governor of California.
- Californian native.
- Has a pacifist and working class agenda he pushes.
Main Weaknesses:
- Pressures from family and West Coast Party he has to deal with.
- Easily gullible.
- Was briefly an anti-vax. Gotten some more common sense, but this gotten removal of some of his voters.
- Trying to be a moderate leftist, though he is getting heat from more far-left supporters.
- Failed to address the drought issue as Lieutenant Governor, though is trying to work on it as Governor.
- Has some bad charisma towards right-wing groups.
Biography:
"Life is strange, isn't it?"

Ben Montgomery was born in San Francisco in 1970 on October 5th, where his parents ran their own grocery store in Buena Vista as he grew up. He managed to get to Lowell High School, where he played for the school's baseball team as a swinger. Taking it as a major, he ended up on the University of Southern California's baseball team in the early 90's, where he also gotten a major in business, upon the request of his father. Ben continued his career as a baseball player, until he suffered an injury where he busted his left knee heavily. He recovered, but he was forced to drop out, as he didn't want to have to end up unable to play. He decided to start a business in San Francisco in 1998, where he worked in a successful hot dog cart business and gotten married to a woman named Monica Starr.

After a brief Y2K scare, Ben worked hard to establish a reputation in San Francisco, where he began to realize he was forced to face some shortcomings, due to the Financial crisis of 2007-2008. He had to work hard to keep it up and running, but after an accountant embezzled most of his money and skipped town, Ben was forced to push down his business in 2010. Around that same year, Ben was starting to notice problems, where he was motivated by several of his friends to run for Lieutenant Governor with Hispanic City Council member Dario Arlington as Governor, both running for Democrat. He managed to win with 44.3% of the popular vote, since he had already managed to make an agenda of promises he mostly kept, such as helping the working class and those in the LBGT community. Alongside, Dario had him help with funding people in the effort to clean up the oil spill from BP. His career throughout 2010-2014 ran smoothly, where he ran for re-election in 2014, where he managed to obtain 50.2% of the popular vote, along with Dario (who was incumbent) winning the election again.

However, Ben's family life started to take a turn, when his kids who are now grown up, have matured inefficiently as Ben planned. His elder son, Mike, was no longer interested in athletics and was more focused in programming in college, while her daughter was turning to social media to become an internet celebrity in high school, forcing Ben to have more transparency. Later in 2016, Dario Arlington, who was unimpressed that Wolf had become president told Ben that he should run for governor of California, since people were reacting positive towards the legalization of cannabis and the removing of capital punishment. Ben, thinking it would help the political climate, agreed. However, things took a bizarre and cruel turn during the gubernatorial elections, when Dario Arlington died in a freak accident, when his cellphone (which was supposed to be recalled, but he ignored the news) exploded near his head, when he tried to answer a call from an assistant.

Ben had won the elections, but he felt helpless, since Dario was more of a teacher to Montgomery. And he had to deal with pleasing his kids to help with their own futures, while his wife wants him to spend some more time with her.
Other Info: Previously a college baseball player, though dropped out.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Main Nation Ministry
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:31 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: New Cobastheia
Character Name: Kathleen Nez
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 61
Character Height: 5'4"
Character Weight: 140 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job:
    US Representative from Arizona's 7th congressional district (2019-)
    President of the Navajo Nation (2007-2015)
    Member of the Arizona Senate from the 7th district (2001-2007)
    Member of the Navajo Nation Council (1991-2000)

Character State of Origin: California
Character State of Residence: Arizona
Character Party Affiliation:
    Democratic (2000-2006, 2018-)
    Independent (1971-2000, 2006-2018)
Main Strengths: Well Connected, Experienced, Very Long and Recorded Commitment to Progressivism
Main Weaknesses: Has never been a Conformist, Political and Personal Relations mix far too Easily, No Filter

Kathleen Hope Nez was born on May 5, 1957, to a Navajo Code Talker and his wife, a fellow Navajo. While Kathy would grow up far away from the reservation, her parents made sure she would still be connected to the culture, bring her to local Navajo meetings and speaking only Navajo at home. She always wondered why her parents left the reservation after the war and always longed to go there herself. Her parents would make sure she had her priorities straight when it came to fighting for what was right, bring her with them for the March on Washington, where she witnessed Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. She would graduate from high school in 1975 and started attending UC Berkeley thanks to a scholarship, once there she would quickly get involved with AIM and the Red Power movement.

Getting involved in those groups would lead to Kathy writing some very radical things in down in a school magazine or two. She would graduate with a BA in Anthropology with Honors in May 1979. She would write her honors thesis on what the Fourth of July was to Native Americans, all the way from the founding to the then present. After getting her degree, she would return to the Navajo Reservation for the first time, working under a Navajo Anthropologist for the summer. She would start attending Yale to get her Masters in 1979 and would graduate in 1981. She would once again return to the reservation, this time working as an Anthropologist for the Nation.

As the next ten years of her life would go by as both her professional and an activist career progressed. She would become a key member of her department, and active member of the Navajo community, and climbed the ranks of both AIM and the NCAI. She would start publishing books during this time as well, her first was in 1984. Throughout the 1980s, a democratization movement would take place in the Nation, arguing that the governmental structure should be changed from parliamentary to presidential. Kathleen would be a leader in this movement and ran for Council seat in 1986 against and incumbent. She would lose, by continued to be a leader in the movement, which ended up a success, getting the change the wanted in time for the 1990 election. Kathleen would run again and this time won herself a seat. She would serve on the council for two and a half terms with some success. Her four main focuses were preserving sacred sites, teaching Navajo to the youth, making sure girls had adequate supplies of feminine products, and repairing relations with other nearby tribes. She would become relatively popular within the Nation due to her work. In 2000 she announced that she would resign from the Council and run for a seat in the Arizona State Senate, which she would go on to win.

In the Senate, her main focus was the better the life of Native Americans in Arizona mainly due to being the sole Native American in the State Senate during her first two years there and the fact that her district had a lot of Natives. Despite the Republican majority, thanks to a Democratic Governor during her last four years. As 2006 started, Kathleen announced she would run for the Navajo Presidency after ruling out a run for Congress. She would go on to the general election, the first female in Navajo history to do so, and faced the scandalous yet popular incumbent. The election would be close with Kathleen coming out on top with 51/49, and she would get reelected in 2010 with 55/45.

Her administration started rather successfully, helped by the fact that she was able to work with both Arizona and the Federal Government better than any other previous President due to various connections she had in both places. Her time as President would also be marked with economic growth for the tribe, during her first term the tribes first two casino's were opened, and the green energy sector of the Nation's economy was massively expanded. During her second term, she would open two more casinos and managed to get a bill passed that legalized the sale of recreational marijuana on the reservation. With the increase in funds, she would expand both the Health Services and the Permanent Trust Fund. She was also known for embracing a nationalism of sorts, making sure that with every public meeting with an official of the United States or any other nation, besides Native ones, she would only speak Navajo. She wasn't without controversy of course, more traditional members of the tribe saw her as far too willing to work with the colonizers, largely citing the casinos, the bill she vetoed that would've created more Navajo language immersion programs starting in elementary school, and her administration directing the tribe to look into genetic manipulation as a way to heal Navajos with Severe Combined Immune Deficiency and/or Cancer caused by the uranium mining.

Although she was looking into running for a third term, the Supreme Court ruled for a two-term max, which she would accept their decision and came to terms that her political career was now over. As her term was ending, ASU reached out to her office, looking to see if she would like a professorship, she would. She moved back to the house she owned in Phoneix and started teaching at ASU in the fall of 2015 as a Professor of American Indian Studies, although she would teach a few Political Science and Anthropology classes too. In 2016 she would be an ardent [not-Sanders] supporters, and once he decided to try and get Arizona in play, she would take part in several ads arguing for voters to vote for him. She would do the same in New Mexico with the addition of stumping for him later on in the year. Despite her support for [not-Sanders], she would still vote for Clifford in the general given that she actually had a chance at winning Arizona, and therefore it was far too risky to vote Green. The records also show that she donated quite a large sum to the Libertarian campaign too, so there's that too.

She was completely shocked that when the white supremacist was declared the winner. She almost instantly began wondering if she should reenter politics. She would look into running in either in 7th or the 9th. Detriming the 7th was a much better fit, she would join into the chorus of progressive voices telling the then-current Representative to run for the Senate. Eventually, he succumbed to the voices allowing Kathleen to announce her run to replace him. When she did, she listed four main reasons as to why she is running. The President is a white supremacist, to fight against the increasingly oligarchic nature of the US, to help make a country that is great to all its citizens not just the rich, white, men at the top, and to give the indigenous woman of America a voice in government for the first time in US history.

She wasn't alone of course, this being the only open safe seat for Democrats in Arizona it was bound to attract some others. Some media outlets predicted a race between Kathleen and the Mayor of Phoneix, although the two reached a deal in private where he would run for the 9th district, which was also being vacated due to a Senate run. Ultimately Kathleen would be the frontrunner of the primary once it was clear who was running, partly because she had the most name recognization but also because she was the only one who has gotten things done in her political career. She would win primary with 47% of the vote with her closest opponent getting 35%.

In the general election, she would face a Republican and a Libertarian. This being a district with a D+23 Cook PVI, she was widely expected to win, and she would win with the results coming in as 71/20/9. She's now in Washington, ready to start making history.

Nelson Nez (Born 1984, Son)
Produced with Ben Begay, a then-boyfriend, he would abandon the two of them about a year into Nelson's Life. Currently a Behavioral Psychologist at UCLA. Married to Veronica Nez (33), nee Hernadez, a fellow professor at UCLA. Together they have one daughter (2) and a son on the way.

Alessandra MacDonald-Nez (Born 1998, Daughter)
Produced with John MacDonald. Currently a Sophomore attending Dartmouth College. Double Majoring in Native American Studies and Government.

John MacDonald (Born 1953, Separated Husband)
Relative of Former Tribal Chairman, Peter MacDonald. Married in 1994, grew distant over the years, he grew jealous of her success, marriage became unhappy, cheating happened on both sides, he stayed on the reservation when she moved to Phoenix to teach.

Agustin Martinez (Born 1961, Partner)
Professor at ASU in the Anthropology Department. Began romance with Kathy in February 2016, will be staying in Phoenix but will be in attendance at swearing-in.

Fluent in Navajo, English, and Spanish.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: New Cobastheia

Talked to Vaq about the Navajo Nation Presidency and Tribal Sovereignty stuff, edited with other recommendation he gave.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:07 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Vaquas. It's time!

(Image)

NS Nation Name: Main Nation Ministry
Character Name: Ben Montgomery
Character Age: 49
Character Weight: 180 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Governor of California (2018-Current), Lieutenant Governor of California (2010-2018), Businessman (1998-2010)
Appearance:
(Image)
Character State of Origin: San Francisco, California
Character State of Residence: Sacramento, California
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic Party
Main Strengths:
- LGBQ friendly.
- Had political help from late Governor of California.
- Californian native.
- Has a pacifist and working class agenda he pushes.
Main Weaknesses:
- Pressures from family and West Coast Party he has to deal with.
- Easily gullible.
- Was briefly an anti-vax. Gotten some more common sense, but this gotten removal of some of his voters.
- Trying to be a moderate leftist, though he is getting heat from more far-left supporters.
- Failed to address the drought issue as Lieutenant Governor, though is trying to work on it as Governor.
- Has some bad charisma towards right-wing groups.
Biography:
"Life is strange, isn't it?"

Ben Montgomery was born in San Francisco in 1970 on October 5th, where his parents ran their own grocery store in Buena Vista as he grew up. He managed to get to Lowell High School, where he played for the school's baseball team as a swinger. Taking it as a major, he ended up on the University of Southern California's baseball team in the early 90's, where he also gotten a major in business, upon the request of his father. Ben continued his career as a baseball player, until he suffered an injury where he busted his left knee heavily. He recovered, but he was forced to drop out, as he didn't want to have to end up unable to play. He decided to start a business in San Francisco in 1998, where he worked in a successful hot dog cart business and gotten married to a woman named Monica Starr.

After a brief Y2K scare, Ben worked hard to establish a reputation in San Francisco, where he began to realize he was forced to face some shortcomings, due to the Financial crisis of 2007-2008. He had to work hard to keep it up and running, but after an accountant embezzled most of his money and skipped town, Ben was forced to push down his business in 2010. Around that same year, Ben was starting to notice problems, where he was motivated by several of his friends to run for Lieutenant Governor with Hispanic City Council member Dario Arlington as Governor, both running for Democrat. He managed to win with 44.3% of the popular vote, since he had already managed to make an agenda of promises he mostly kept, such as helping the working class and those in the LBGT community. Alongside, Dario had him help with funding people in the effort to clean up the oil spill from BP. His career throughout 2010-2014 ran smoothly, where he ran for re-election in 2014, where he managed to obtain 50.2% of the popular vote, along with Dario (who was incumbent) winning the election again.

However, Ben's family life started to take a turn, when his kids who are now grown up, have matured inefficiently as Ben planned. His elder son, Mike, was no longer interested in athletics and was more focused in programming in college, while her daughter was turning to social media to become an internet celebrity in high school, forcing Ben to have more transparency. Later in 2016, Dario Arlington, who was unimpressed that Wolf had become president told Ben that he should run for governor of California, since people were reacting positive towards the legalization of cannabis and the removing of capital punishment. Ben, thinking it would help the political climate, agreed. However, things took a bizarre and cruel turn during the gubernatorial elections, when Dario Arlington died in a freak accident, when his cellphone (which was supposed to be recalled, but he ignored the news) exploded near his head, when he tried to answer a call from an assistant.

Ben had won the elections, but he felt helpless, since Dario was more of a teacher to Montgomery. And he had to deal with pleasing his kids to help with their own futures, while his wife wants him to spend some more time with her.
Other Info: Previously a college baseball player, though dropped out.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Main Nation Ministry

Good start. I would flesh out his business career though first. Lieutenant governor of California is a big position, and he would probably need to have a more high profile business career.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:42 am

Just a reminder to folks in the US House and Senate, if you submit a motion, it needs to be seconded by another member before it can be brought up. So right now there’s a motion to submit a bill in the House and there is a motion to submit a bill to the Senate, both of which need a second.
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:46 am

Yaruqo wrote:Just a reminder to folks in the US House and Senate, if you submit a motion, it needs to be seconded by another member before it can be brought up. So right now there’s a motion to submit a bill in the House and there is a motion to submit a bill to the Senate, both of which need a second.

Afaik, you don't need a second to have your bill submitted.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse