NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World: The Strength of Empires [OOC | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:01 pm

Well that complicates things quite a bit.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:05 pm

I have no idea what to do now.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:13 pm

So, if word gets out that the Elves staged this uprising, a joint exercise is kinda out of the question. Your best bet would be to either go all in and back the reformers or to go completely the other way, denounce the instigators as traitors and send aid to the Forge to minimize the damage. Obviously I prefer the latter but you are undercutting your own emissaries at that point.

Not only that but this further delays war with the Black Sails if I send troops northward to quell this uprising, which leaves more chance for a successful attack on my own borders. Granted, I planned on reinforcing my forces first for two turns but if this doesn’t get ended quickly then it could spell disaster.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:17 pm

Not only that but this necessitates a response from the cartel and no doubt the Elves would get nervous with my entire force responding to the slave rebellion in the forge.
Last edited by Aidannadia on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:19 pm

Man, while wars are happening in the west. I chill out on cruise control in my hidden mansion.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:20 pm

Tfw the East is more or less stable right now just in time for the West to catch fire.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:22 pm

Aidannadia wrote:Tfw the East is more or less stable right now just in time for the West to catch fire.

True, need to shake things up by making the Red Stone of Aja.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:40 pm

Well, reforms are going too fast. I still need slaves.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:44 pm

Aww fuck it'll be more fun to support the antislavers.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:55 pm

Tfw a war on two fronts. Oh well. Back to plan A.
Last edited by Aidannadia on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:06 am

Aidannadia wrote:Tfw a war on two fronts. Oh well. Back to plan A.

You should focus on the Black Sails, they're the greater threat.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:14 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Aidannadia wrote:Tfw a war on two fronts. Oh well. Back to plan A.

I'm gonna see what Game says. Sent him a few TGs with some options for us, but honestly you're currently, at least for a few turns, the bigger threat with your larger navy. The Black Sails won't come after me for a few turns at this rate after they got their navy halved by our battle, and I can produce soldiers at a rather alarming rate with all my Barracks and food production. I can play this out for a while before I get annexed by the Black Sails, but it really all depends on how Game wants to play it.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:26 am

Aidannadia wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:

I'm gonna see what Game says. Sent him a few TGs with some options for us, but honestly you're currently, at least for a few turns, the bigger threat with your larger navy. The Black Sails won't come after me for a few turns at this rate after they got their navy halved by our battle, and I can produce soldiers at a rather alarming rate with all my Barracks and food production. I can play this out for a while before I get annexed by the Black Sails, but it really all depends on how Game wants to play it.

Tbf no one knows the Arameri caused this.

Well I'm going to have the Dominion be neutral I think it's in my best interests to just stick to myself from this point onwards.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:38 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Aidannadia wrote:I'm gonna see what Game says. Sent him a few TGs with some options for us, but honestly you're currently, at least for a few turns, the bigger threat with your larger navy. The Black Sails won't come after me for a few turns at this rate after they got their navy halved by our battle, and I can produce soldiers at a rather alarming rate with all my Barracks and food production. I can play this out for a while before I get annexed by the Black Sails, but it really all depends on how Game wants to play it.

Tbf no one knows the Arameri caused this.

Well I'm going to have the Dominion be neutral I think it's in my best interests to just stick to myself from this point onwards.

Wait wait wait, so you're changing your mind again to not get involved formally right?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:47 am

I'm not going to contribute to this dumpster fire anymore then I already have.

A war between the Cartel and Arameri will leave both sides weakened to the Black Sails.

And im still disillusioned by all of this so my natrual reaction is to do nothing and focus internally .

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:08 am

G can I send you retroactive actions? It probably won't undo the uprising, but I've been bedridden the last 4-ish days. Didn't really have presence of mind to do actions.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:10 am

Honestly, might just quit. There's really no way out of this.
Meh, might as well try. G, can I get details for an "Improved Social Hierarchy", or "Serfs' Bill of Rights", or something like that, where each serf has like a generational wealth cost to represent improved QoL, in exchange for improved loyalty to their sovereign and no labor penalty?

Also, mechanics->story question - if I try to negotiate with the slaves, can I offer research of the above as a negotiating tool? Or would I have to have it already researched?
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:25 am

Yeah being a great power was fun while it lasted.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:09 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:G can I send you retroactive actions? It probably won't undo the uprising, but I've been bedridden the last 4-ish days. Didn't really have presence of mind to do actions.

Certainly so.

The GAmeTopians wrote:Honestly, might just quit. There's really no way out of this.
Meh, might as well try. G, can I get details for an "Improved Social Hierarchy", or "Serfs' Bill of Rights", or something like that, where each serf has like a generational wealth cost to represent improved QoL, in exchange for improved loyalty to their sovereign and no labor penalty?

Also, mechanics->story question - if I try to negotiate with the slaves, can I offer research of the above as a negotiating tool? Or would I have to have it already researched?

Indeed - the tech 'Servant Qualities' is the one you are looking for. It decreases Servile Unrest and grants Slaves the ability to produce double food, while decreasing the ability of your society to convert citizens into slaves.

You can offer any promises you feel like - from resettling them as independent freemen, to summoning a new arcane plane of honey where they can feast in plenty. Or you could just kill them. Civilians fight poorly.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:11 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Honestly, might just quit. There's really no way out of this.

Indeed - the tech 'Servant Qualities' is the one you are looking for. It decreases Servile Unrest and grants Slaves the ability to produce double food, while decreasing the ability of your society to convert citizens into slaves.

You can offer any promises you feel like - from resettling them as independent freemen, to summoning a new arcane plane of honey where they can feast in plenty. Or you could just kill them. Civilians fight poorly.

It doesn't eliminate their double labor possibility right?

Of course, but the idea is to avoid such. Do you want to make a google doc for the conflict?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:18 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:

It doesn't eliminate their double labor possibility right?

Of course, but the idea is to avoid such. Do you want to make a google doc for the conflict?

It does not, nope.

Sure, if you feel so inclined.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:35 am

You and I have very different ideas of what rank amateurs are.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:38 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:You and I have very different ideas of what rank amateurs are.

Infiltrators with no technical expertise conducting their first field operation?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:42 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:You and I have very different ideas of what rank amateurs are.

Infiltrators with no technical expertise conducting their first field operation?

Tbf I did send agents out before when I funded those zhou pirates, but I get what you mean.

Still, rank amateurs to me means their not skilled enough to do their jobs.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:47 am

Sounds like vampires in a way.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse