NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World: The Strength of Empires [OOC | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:04 am

Classical? That would be cool.That or medieval but I think medieval would be too big of a skip

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:06 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Classical? That would be cool.That or medieval but I think medieval would be too big of a skip

Hmm okay. Classical is about where I meant to go - ala Rome and Greece and Carthage and all. What do you anticipate changing there?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:15 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:Classical? That would be cool.That or medieval but I think medieval would be too big of a skip

Hmm okay. Classical is about where I meant to go - ala Rome and Greece and Carthage and all. What do you anticipate changing there?

That I leave to you my friend.

Maybe give everyone a free city or two? For empire.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:19 am

The main frustrating thing about skipping right now would be all the projects everyone has underway - I have my iron production and my Magelmar research, for one. Would you give us the opportunity to complete that stuff over the course of the timeskip?
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:29 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:The main frustrating thing about skipping right now would be all the projects everyone has underway - I have my iron production and my Magelmar research, for one. Would you give us the opportunity to complete that stuff over the course of the timeskip?

Oh yes, most everyone would get progression and such. I'll likely do developments like last time.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:32 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:The main frustrating thing about skipping right now would be all the projects everyone has underway - I have my iron production and my Magelmar research, for one. Would you give us the opportunity to complete that stuff over the course of the timeskip?

Oh yes, most everyone would get progression and such. I'll likely do developments like last time.

The developments didn’t really cover existing projects though, is what I meant, they only really added new stuff.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:42 am

Do we really have to change just yet? I have such plans! Conquests in the West and South, a showdown with the Midnight Empire, expansion into the southern Savannahs. And who knows? - perhaps a homegrown religion along the way.
Last edited by Olthenia on Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:19 am

If the skip doesn't cover existing projects then forget everything I said.

I need my crystal ships dang it.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:08 pm

Hmm, how would the vampire mechanics work in this new iteration? Would I be a bunch of covens in most of the known world or can I build a civilization? Maybe actually splitting the Midnight Empire in half or get some of those people on my side?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:10 pm

Sorry Ive been lagging. Recently discovered this game Space Station 13, and been playing it none stop. Will make a post by the end of today, or tommorow morning.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aidannadia » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:43 pm

I figured we were already edging early Rome. Where do you think we are now? Indus Valley/Egypt/
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:57 pm

Aidannadia wrote:

I figured we were already edging early Rome. Where do you think we are now? Indus Valley/Egypt/

More Akkad/Hyksos/early Greece. The Iron Age Empires, who will transition into true Classical Antiquity as small empires become large.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:10 pm

So how would the vampires fair in the transition?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Transition to a new age? I managed to finish all my major projects and my wonder already - so, I'm down.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aidannadia » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:06 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:More Akkad/Hyksos/early Greece. The Iron Age Empires, who will transition into true Classical Antiquity as small empires become large.

I would prefer waiting a few more years. There still the black sails and a couple other plans that I want to finish before jumping but if that is how it be then that’s how it be.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:47 pm

Yeah plz no time skip I have 2 wonders and cyrstal warships to wreak havoc on the seas.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:17 am

So we've done Stone Age,Bronze Age and Iron Age and we might be moving on to the Classical Era.

What will be the last era we cover Modern? Space? It would be strange but very interesting if we moved that far.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:28 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:So we've done Stone Age,Bronze Age and Iron Age and we might be moving on to the Classical Era.

What will be the last era we cover Modern? Space? It would be strange but very interesting if we moved that far.

Grand-campaign. Why not, after classical, we could move on to early modern (16th century to 18th).

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:41 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:So we've done Stone Age,Bronze Age and Iron Age and we might be moving on to the Classical Era.

Grand-campaign. Why not, after classical, we could move on to early modern (16th century to 18th).

Muskets and pikes? I'd be down for that.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Finally got my post out. Sorry about that guys. Going to work on artifice right now and rebuilding. Need some good quality magic gear if I have any hope to stopping those monsters in combat.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:45 pm

*The sands of Nekhen shift*

Good Evening everyone. Sorry about that 4/5 month vanishing. I simply was overwhelmed in my life and could not keep up with nationstates and my depression. I would be open to continuing as Nekhen or simply waiting until a new era begins whenever that takes place.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:00 pm

Nuxipal wrote:*The sands of Nekhen shift*

Good Evening everyone. Sorry about that 4/5 month vanishing. I simply was overwhelmed in my life and could not keep up with nationstates and my depression. I would be open to continuing as Nekhen or simply waiting until a new era begins whenever that takes place.

Glad to have you back Nux!

On another note, are we ever going to get that update G? Or are we moving to a new era?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Your back! Happy to see you around. :)

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Your back! Happy to see you around. :)

+1

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Ah, good to see you again Nux. The Nekhen are certainly still open for business.

As for the new era, consensus seems to be that most folks want to build larger empires before we move forward - as such, if I can find the time, I'll try to crank out an update tomorrow. Feel free to TG me some broad stroke plans for the Nekhen for the time you've been gone, so I can update their archives accordingly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse