NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World: The Strength of Empires [OOC | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:I was thinking of playing a band of Dark Elves they would be religious outcasts expelled from the Dominion long ago living a nomadic lifestyle of warriors and slavers.

That's only if shit hits the fan for the Dominion but damn that sounds really fun.

Now this makes me want to fuse the Uusharan and the Folk together even more. Hope G don't mind.

Honestly, it's too hard to resist I want to ditch my goody good shoes elves and head on over to the dark side.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Now this makes me want to fuse the Uusharan and the Folk together even more. Hope G don't mind.

Honestly, it's too hard to resist I want to ditch my goody good shoes elves and head on over to the dark side.

Shit, now I have a quest. To make the Norirse Mer the dark and debaucherous style of Elves. Just need to figure out the mechanics to them and see if I can have Orleans absorb the Uusharan.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:I was thinking of playing a band of Dark Elves they would be religious outcasts expelled from the Dominion long ago living a nomadic lifestyle of warriors and slavers.

That's only if shit hits the fan for the Dominion but damn that sounds really fun.

Now this makes me want to fuse the Uusharan and the Folk together even more. Hope G don't mind.

What do the Uusharan and the Folk of Orleans have in common? Aside from being RPed by you in the past?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:47 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Now this makes me want to fuse the Uusharan and the Folk together even more. Hope G don't mind.

What do the Uusharan and the Folk of Orleans have in common? Aside from being RPed by you in the past?

Debauchery? Hatred for the Midnight Empire? Allies to Xcotl(not really on the Orleans part I do believe).

I more or likely want the Uusharan to be absorbed by the Folk but that's just me not listing to you.
Last edited by Ralnis on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Debauchery? Hatred for the Midnight Empire? Allies to Xcotl(not really on the Orleans part I do believe).

I more or likely want the Uusharan to be absorbed by the Folk but that's just me not listing to you.

Hmm. I thought the Folk were on good terms with the Midnight Imperium - weren't you considering having them do spy work for them?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Ralnis wrote:Debauchery? Hatred for the Midnight Empire? Allies to Xcotl(not really on the Orleans part I do believe).

Hmm. I thought the Folk were on good terms with the Midnight Imperium - weren't you considering having them do spy work for them?

I was but Folk, at least in the last iteration, were planning on helping Xcotl rebel and try to assassinate the Lord of Earth. Also hit their caravans and armies in the desert.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Is there a way to relocate without forcing individuals, like provide a benefits program? Want to know how to not piss of the masses.

Hmm, well, yes and no. Historically, governments of this period simply didn't engage in such methods, nor would such methods have been effective - with inheritance and most assets tied to immovable land, migration was only done in dire circumstances or at the point of a spear. Literally people would live in settlements until the quality of life had dropped their expectancy by thirty years, and only then begin actually migrating.

Nobody is near that point yet, given we're all busy feeding our people.

@ All: Apologies for the dodgy post. just trying to get things ready for the update - which I shall be starting anon. Hungary, your gubbins will be up with the update.

So... How will the best way to proceed? I mean I intend to make a settlement and moving the unused population over there. Would propaganda work instead, if not the promise of economic benefits.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:41 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Actually, upon review, I'll wait until tomorrow to drop the update. Hungary, your stuff is up. Tau, I'd like to know Xcotl's response to the Midnight Imperium before I move the clock forward.

:( Saddddd
cries before wood-burning update machine

Backpats.

There, there. :p

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:30 am

Aled Aederyn
Map Color: Blue or Yellow
Brief Description: A fledgling nation state situated in a relatively isolated area nearest to the Hierarchy. While most other people’s had formed city stated in the previous era, the Aederfolk remained a confederation of tribes. Only in the last century have the Aederfolk left behind their old lifestyle, and centralized enough to be considered a state such as those dotting the rest of the continent.
Starting Location: the empty patch in the dark green, near to the islands, desert, and mountains.
Civ Specialization: Druidism or Magic’s related to nature

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:24 am

Elerian wrote:
Aled Aederyn
Map Color: Blue or Yellow
Brief Description: A fledgling nation state situated in a relatively isolated area nearest to the Hierarchy. While most other people’s had formed city stated in the previous era, the Aederfolk remained a confederation of tribes. Only in the last century have the Aederfolk left behind their old lifestyle, and centralized enough to be considered a state such as those dotting the rest of the continent.
Starting Location: the empty patch in the dark green, near to the islands, desert, and mountains.
Civ Specialization: Druidism or Magic’s related to nature

There can only be one massive primitive society.

*Wacks city-state with big stick*
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:13 pm

So are we ready for the update or we're still waiting for Tau?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Ralnis wrote:So are we ready for the update or we're still waiting for Tau?

I'm hoping for Tau, but I've got everything prepped.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Time to see Midnight come to vassalize or destroy the horde.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Should one of us toss him a telegram?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Olthenia wrote:

Should one of us toss him a telegram?

Nah, cast him into the fire and burn his Homeland.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Hmm

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:38 pm

its a shame, wanted the update to happen before I went to work. Looking like thats not going to happen.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Is my app good to go?

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:36 pm

@ G? Will you atleast post the update if they don't post by tonight?
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Alta Californians
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alta Californians » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:43 pm

*THIS APP IS VOID*
Last edited by Alta Californians on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Elerian wrote:

Is my app good to go?

Ayerp. Looks good to me. Just busy IRL.

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:@ G? Will you atleast post the update if they don't post by tonight?

Indeed so.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:@ G? Will you atleast post the update if they don't post by tonight?

Seeing how the account hasnt been active today very much at all. Id say he isnt likely to show tonight. Best thing we can do for him is give him a time freeze so that he can do two posts next time rather then one.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Well, I guess I'll die.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:57 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Well, I guess I'll die.

I can help.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:58 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Well, I guess I'll die.

I'll take any refugees to keep a part of Xcotl alive.They would be welcomed in the Dominion.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse