NATION

PASSWORD

Beneath The Roses, An American Epic (Outlaws/Crime OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Beneath The Roses, An American Epic (Outlaws/Crime OOC)

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:53 am

Beneath The Roses

An American Epic
A tale of crime, buried money, retired bank robbers and crooked cops.

>>OOC<<

IC

Objectives

Clean Cops

Crooked Cops

Ex Wife's Family

Blackwood Family

Escaped Convicts

"Back where I come from, they always said that old Mr Blackwood was a bank robber, and that he hid all his money under the rose bushes. And that's what I intend to get, once I'm outta here, is all that money. Then I'm gonna use it to buy myself a nice pair of boots and a fancy car, and I'm gonna drive south to Mexico."

James Henry Barrow, Jimmy to most, tells a lot of stories. He's good at it, talking and entertaining. And up in Oregon, where he was arrested for bank robbery and assaulting an officer, the other inmates at the Oregon State Penitentiary all can appreciate a little bit of entertainment, and Jimmy delights in the process of weaving together a tale. Most of them he insists are true, though he doesn't try to act like he isnt embellishing a bit for the sake of entertainment. But one tale he insists is completely true, right down to the letter. Where he comes from, so he says, there is a family, the Blackwoods. The Blackwoods are an old family, once the owner of a large cotton plantation and with nothing but finery's to show for it, and now fallen on hard times but unwilling to admit that they aren't the image of grace and class anymore. One of their sons, so they say, was a wild one. He was known for fights in the local bars and sleeping around with just about every skirt in town. This son one day left, and was gone for a month, before turning up again with a suitcase filled with cash which he buried under the families rose bush. It was a story passed around from kids on the playgrounds, and old bar flies hanging over their beers. No one knew how true it was, but Jimmy sure was taken with it, so much so that he has even convinced some of the other inmates to come with him to dig it up once they're all out. The Blackwoods may try to stop them, but they were hardened criminals, what were the Blackwoods going to do? And now, as Jimmy and many of the others in his cell black are being transferred to Snake River Correctional Institution, they may all just get their chance early when a deer leaps into the road and freezes in the bus's headlights.

Hello And Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my RP, Beneath The Roses! This RP will follow five distinct sets of people, all of them from different walks of life and from all over the country, but all of them quickly rushing to the same place in pursuit of a supposed buried sack of money. One group is a group of friends and escaped convicts, who want the money so they can escape to mexico. The next group is the police, chasing after them and trying to capture them and put them back in jail. Within the police, there will be two separate groups, some of whom want to take the buried money for themselves and some of whom are trying to prevent their dirty counterparts from succeeding. Next is the family of Jimmy's ex-wife, who want the money so that they can finally not be poor anymore and move away from the shit town they've been in for generations. And finally, there are the Blackwoods, who set out to stop all of these disparate groups of people from getting their dirty hands on what is rightfully theirs.

You as the player can choose to be a member of any one of these separate groups, though there are character limits for each. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages for getting at the money, which will be presented as the items they have access to at the start of the story. From there, the characters can collect or leave behind anything they find, act however they need to to succeed, and set out lying cheating and killing your way towards riches and a nice retirement in Mexico. So come on along everyone, lets enjoy ourselves a grand tale of American ingenuity, pioneer spirit, and the ability to rob a gas station with nothing but a broken pistol and a flip flop.

Groups After The Money

- Clean cops: 0/2 (Two spots reserved) (Starting items, One squad car, police radio, two service pistols, one shotgun, backup from other police, $200 dollars.)
- Dirty cops: 0/4 (One spot reserved) (Starting Items: Two squad cars, two police radios, four service pistols, two shotguns, backup from other police, $1500 dollars in dirty drug money.)
- Jimmy's ex wife and her family: 0/5 (Starting Items: Two pickup trucks, one shotgun, two bolt action rifles, one magnum revolver, $535 among them.)
- The escaped convicts: 1/5 (One spot reserved) (Starting Items: One shotgun, one service pistol)
- The Blackwoods: 0/5 (One spot reserved) (Three pistols, one sawed off shotgun, three cars, backing of police in their town, $5000 dollars in cash.)

Rules

1. I am OP, my word is law.
2. Listen to me, listen to any Co-OP's I may appoint.
3. Me and any future Co-OPs have the final say. If we make a ruling that you dont like or find unfair, feel free to bring it up, but please do so through TG.
4. If you have a problem with something that has occurred IC, deal with it in the OOC. Keep OOC in the OOC, and vise verse for IC.
Punishments (God forbid) will be on a situational basis. Nobody likes a slap on the wrist, so please behave.
5. One character limit per person. This is due to there being a limited amount of spots open
6. Important NPC's will be controlled by me and future Co-OPs, unless I give express approval for others to introduce them.
7. No godmodding, no metagaming, no spam, be mindful and use basic RP etiquette.
8. No one liners, unless your character is in a conversation. Otherwise try to keep your posts at least five paragraph minimum, like we're still in elementary school.
9. Rules are always subject to update as needed, though I will inform everyone if this happens.

Code: Select all
[box][size=135][b](CHARACTER NAME HERE)[/b][/size][floatright][img](link to image for appearance if you got one)[/img][/floatright]
[b]Appearence:[/b](If you don't have an image for your character, give us a description here. If you do have an image, just delete this.)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b] (Confer with the others in your group about who gets what, as each group starts with a set amount of weapons, vehicles and money. As the RP goes on, your group will accumulate more items, and this will likely become less of an issue.)
[b]Group:[/b] (Which group are you a part of? Escaped convicts, clean cops, dirty cops, ex wife's family or the Blackwoods?)
[b]Relationship With Other Characters:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b](Two five sentence paragraphs at least. Just pretend your in fifth grade again.
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (You can provide one from another RP you have been a part of, or write one for this RP, whichever you chose.)

[b]EXTRA'S[/b]
(These are not required, but are things which I think add some depth to a character.)

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Greatest Fear:[/b]
[b]Moral Alignment:[/b] (The D&D alignment chart for this one.)
[b]Theme Song:[/b][/box]

Example App

James Henry Barrow (Jimmy)

Sex: Male
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 179 lbs
Skills: Charming: Jimmy has a lot of charm. He is good with people, and knows how to get them to like him. He could rip off an arab trader, and then convince the trader to be his best friend afterwords.
Car Thief: Before Jimmy was caught, he and his friends would steal cars and go for joy rides. As a result, he knows how to hotwire a care, should the need ever arise.
Intelligent: By far Jimmy's greatest strength is his intelligence. He's not particularly strong or agile, but he makes up for it by being able to simply think his way out of most problems, and talk circles around anyone who tries to challenge him in a battle of wits.
Weaknesses: Loud Mouth: Jimmy may be good at talking with people, but he also needs to know how to shut the hell up. His mouth is gonna get him in trouble sooner or later, if he doesn't learn how to lock it down.
Impulsive: Jimmy has a tendency to act before he thinks. How do you think he ended up in prison in the first place, by thinking things through?
Attracted To Danger: Jimmy loves danger, loves the thrill of it. But, though it sure has made his life exciting, he often can make poor decisions due to his unconscious desire to be involved in chaos.
Personality: Jimmy is charming and happy go lucky, a true social butterfly. He loves people, and takes great joy in being around them and entertaining them. He is also exceptionally intelligent, and has an ability to see the bigger picture in most situations while also being able to work out the little details, regardless of his rather meager education. However, he also has a strange draw to violence, chaos and danger. Though not a bad person, and in no way does he like to inflict pain on others, he revels in danger and actively seeks it out.
Occupation: None. Escaped convict, and the catalyst for all of this.
Equipment: Prison clothes, Murray's Superior Pomade, picture of naked woman (kept in his sock), broken hand cuffs.
Relationship With Other Characters: Member of the escaped convicts, and as the person who knows where the money is buried a leader of sorts.
Group: Escaped Convicts.
Bio: James Henry Barrow, Jimmy to most, Henry to his father, was born on April 3rd, 1982 in the little town of . They were poor, but not poverty stricken, and they lived a comfortable if cramped life. He did wear a lot of hand me down clothes however, but he didn't care much. His father left when he was young, using the classic excuse of "Im heading out for some cigarettes," and then he never returned. When Jimmy got older, he found it kind of funny that his father had become a stereotype. He became friends with another boy from town when he was young, a native american boy named Joseph, who's family farmed sheep outside of town. The two were inseparable, and made an unceasing ruckus from the time they were old enough to walk and onward. Both frequently were in trouble at school, and often were known for getting into fistfights. They were inseparable, and seemingly drawn to chaos. And if they could not find it, they were more than comfortable with creating it.

Jimmy and Joseph were together when they were suspended from middle school for getting in fistfights, together when they stole their first car and drove it into a ditch, and together when Jimmy concocted a plan to get even with his father. He had moved to Oregon, Jimmy knew because thats where his mother said the childcare checks had come from when he was a kid. They saved up money at their landscaping job, backed up Jimmy's truck and took Josephs gun, and headed north. They traveled for four days, and along the way picked up a woman who was originally from Virginia. She tagged along, having been drifting all year and just going where the wind took her. Joseph thought she looked tweaked, Jimmy thought she looked hot. After their trip, the three of them fell off at a shitty motel in a shitty little town in the forests of northern Oregon. Jimmy and Joseph found Jimmy's father, living in a double wide in eastern Oregon with a woman who Jimmy was fairly certain was his new wife. It didnt matter much, as soon as he opened the door Jimmy and Joseph jumped him, and proceed to beat the ever living shit out of him. And from there, Jimmy and Joseph set to work. They searched around Oregon and got jobs and an apartment, the woman living elsewhere but remaining friends with Jimmy. As Jimmy and Joseph worked for a year, Jimmy became quite friendly with the woman, and eventually they got married. The two of them moved into a little trailer, remained married for three and a half months, before the woman ran off one night and headed home to her family in Virginia.

Things began to look dire for both Jimmy and Joseph not long after, and after a fight with his neighbor that Jimmy was involved in, Joseph was kicked out of the apartment. "This is a nice building," the landlord said to him after he came home to find the locks changed and his stuff scattered out on the lawn. "I wont be having some thug come in here and live in one of my apartments when I could just as well have some nice family come in here who wont damage this places image." As the landlord spoke, Josephs fat, oxycodone addicted upstairs neighbor pissed himself and passed out behind them. Jimmy laughed from the car.

Joseph lived with Jimmy for a little while, before deciding that it simply wasnt worth it and headed back home to Texas. Jimmy continued in Oregon, unwilling to admit defeat. But when you were a 22 year old with only a high school diploma and a beater car to your name, in a state that wasn't yours where there was a warrant out for your arrest for aggravated assault, it wasn't like he had an awful lot of potential. Jimmy bummed around town, doing odd jobs and selling pot to get by, surviving on crackers and beer and increasingly finding himself staring at banks while holding his pistol. The more he thought about it, the more it seemed like a win win to him. Either he got away with a few thousand dollars to start over, or he was caught and got a free bed and three meals a day in prison. And with that line of thinking, one cold winter day Jimmy walked tall into a Bank Of America with a bandanna on his face and his boots clocking against the floor and robbed the bank of everything in every one of its tellers stations. He made a mad dash back to his car from the bank, where a passing police officer attempted to stop him, and Jimmy hit him over the head with the butt of his pistol. So by the time he was caught, when a police cruiser ran him off the road and his car flipped, scattering loose hundreds and twenties all over the freeway, Jimmy had accumulated a rap sheet that now included aggravated assault, multiple small time dealing charges for the pot, bank robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, assaulting and officer and evading arrest, most of which all occurred in the same hour and a half time period. It was a small miracle no one was killed.

The charges were obvious, and Jimmy was clearly the suspect. It was a open and shut case, and he was charged and convicted all within a week, before being sent off to Oregon State Penitentiary. In prions, he was bunked with an old, crotchety black man named Miles. Races didn't mix in prison, but Miles was far too old to care and was going to die in prison anyways, so he took Jimmy under his wing. Though he kept it relatively down low, he would eat with Jimmy and play chess with him, as well as showing him the ropes on the inside. He helped Jimmy acquire a shiv, and as Jimmy was skinny and fairly attractive he watched Jimmy's back in the showers.

Over time, Jimmy managed to make a name for himself within prison as funny and entertaining, something that in the end managed to save him. He had gained the relative respect of many of the other prisoners because he could keep them happy, by playing chess in competition for cigarettes and snack packs, and by telling wild tales over meals. One tale in particular however caught the eye of the men, and it was the story about the Blackwood family, and the money they had buried under their rose bushes. A lot of them didn't believe it, no matter how many times Jimmy insisted it was true. After all, he was known to have a tendency to over exaggerate his stories for emphasis, adding and subtracting elements to make it more exciting. But there were a few who believed him, accepting it when he stated that this was true down to the letter.

Finally, six years into Jimmy's stint in prison out of his twenty, Jimmy and nine others were set to be transferred across the state to the Snake River Correctional Institution. They had all been sent there for good behavior, the transfer into SRCI's medium security as opposed to the Oregon State Penitentiary's high security. None of them had caused any trouble in prison, and were deemed to be a lesser threat. So a week after they were told, all then of them were piled onto a prison bus and were sent off east along the highway. It was a boring, uncomfortable ride for most of it, everyone handcuffed to the seats in front of them and stuck on the hard and lumpy seats they were sitting on. They chatted some, but for the most part kept to themselves, except for a man named bill who babbled on incessantly. One couldn't really be surprised though, everyone knew Billy was crazy.

As it started to get dark, the animals started to come out. And a deer, a pretty doe, jumped out into the road in front of the bus and froze in the headlights. Surprised, the driver swerved, the bus careened, and flipped itself into a ditch. The windows shattered, everyone on the left side was left hanging from their handcuffs, and the guard walking up and down the isle was killed, his shotgun ending up in the hands of one of the convicts. When the driver pulled himself out of his chair and tried to draw his weapon, he was shot in a thunderous roar that deafened everyone in the confined space. One man got a hold of the keys and uncuffed everyone still alive, seven out of the original ten. There was a scuffle for the guns, and they all scattered. Jimmy ran, and was followed by four of his constituents, two of whom had managed to secure the shotgun and the drivers service pistol. Together, both panicked and excited they all sprinted into the woods, the taste of freedom intoxicating.
RP Sample: OP rights.

EXTRA'S

Dislikes: Rain, police, close minded people, ignorance, the ocean.
Greatest Fear: Doctors. Jimmy is scared of needles, and as he has gotten older that has translated into being deathly afraid of doctors.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good
Theme Song: Camper Van Beethoven - When I Win The Lottery
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:49 am

This sounds like a lot of fun. School starts again soon or me, but I'd like to try and stick this one out.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:40 am

Would you mind putting me down for a clean cop? I should have an app up tonight, work's just got me by the balls but this looks super cool.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Might app a bent cop, if I have the time.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Aghrabia wrote:This sounds like a lot of fun. School starts again soon or me, but I'd like to try and stick this one out.

Cool, I hope you can stick around. I would love to have you.

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Would you mind putting me down for a clean cop? I should have an app up tonight, work's just got me by the balls but this looks super cool.

Sure, I'd be happy to. And I look forward to seeing your application.

Cylarn wrote:Might app a bent cop, if I have the time.

Nice, Im excited to see the bent cops. I hope you're able to stick around.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Alright, I added a few extra things to the OP, to give a little extra context. There's a map, that details where every group will start, some placeholders for IC, and an objectives list for each group. Right now its empty, but objectives will be added once the RP starts.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:20 pm

If I may reserve the spot for one of the Blackwoods, please?
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:34 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:If I may reserve the spot for one of the Blackwoods, please?

Sure thing, Ill put you down as a reserved spot

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:31 am

Hey uhh...
What if I told you, TTI my friend.
That...
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:51 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Hey uhh...
What if I told you, TTI my friend.
That...
(Image)

Well, uhh. . .
In that case, Guuj, my friend.
Im gonna have to tell you.
That. . .
I look forward to your app.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:53 am

Right time to advertise you to our folks, that's what we FoAlks do.
Alright, I've got ideas, a disturbed Blackwood that might do something shocking (and morally good) at the end, or some convict with a bone to pick with em.

egg

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:17 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Right time to advertise you to our folks, that's what we FoAlks do.
Alright, I've got ideas, a disturbed Blackwood that might do something shocking (and morally good) at the end, or some convict with a bone to pick with em.

Hmm. Both are interesting, but considering that the convicts are all coming from the Oregon prison system and only Jimmy is from Texas, I dont know how the other convicts could have any kind of bone to pick with them. After all, the only one who would know them is Jimmy, and possibly his ex wife if someone apps as her.

But I do like the idea of a Blackwood who suddenly has a heal face turn towards good, considering they are supposed to be the quintessential depraved, old money that's all gone kinda family. With the among of skeletons in their closets, it also would translate pretty well into one of them being kinda disturbed.

Also, thanks for the advertisement. I always appreciate a little bit of publicity.
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:09 am

My app. Ill put it in the OP as the example app as well.

James Henry Barrow (Jimmy)

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 179 lbs
Skills: Charming: Jimmy has a lot of charm. He is good with people, and knows how to get them to like him. He could rip off an arab trader, and then convince the trader to be his best friend afterwords.
Car Thief: Before Jimmy was caught, he and his friends would steal cars and go for joy rides. As a result, he knows how to hotwire a care, should the need ever arise.
Intelligent: By far Jimmy's greatest strength is his intelligence. He's not particularly strong or agile, but he makes up for it by being able to simply think his way out of most problems, and talk circles around anyone who tries to challenge him in a battle of wits.
Weaknesses: Loud Mouth: Jimmy may be good at talking with people, but he also needs to know how to shut the hell up. His mouth is gonna get him in trouble sooner or later, if he doesn't learn how to lock it down.
Impulsive: Jimmy has a tendency to act before he thinks. How do you think he ended up in prison in the first place, by thinking things through?
Attracted To Danger: Jimmy loves danger, loves the thrill of it. But, though it sure has made his life exciting, he often can make poor decisions due to his unconscious desire to be involved in chaos.
Personality: Jimmy is charming and happy go lucky, a true social butterfly. He loves people, and takes great joy in being around them and entertaining them. He is also exceptionally intelligent, and has an ability to see the bigger picture in most situations while also being able to work out the little details, regardless of his rather meager education. However, he also has a strange draw to violence, chaos and danger. Though not a bad person, and in no way does he like to inflict pain on others, he revels in danger and actively seeks it out.
Occupation: None. Escaped convict, and the catalyst for all of this.
Equipment: Prison clothes, Murray's Superior Pomade, picture of naked woman (kept in his sock), broken hand cuffs.
Relationship With Other Characters: Member of the escaped convicts, and as the person who knows where the money is buried a leader of sorts.
Group: Escaped Convicts.
Bio: James Henry Barrow, Jimmy to most, Henry to his father, was born on April 3rd, 1982 in the little town of . They were poor, but not poverty stricken, and they lived a comfortable if cramped life. He did wear a lot of hand me down clothes however, but he didn't care much. His father left when he was young, using the classic excuse of "Im heading out for some cigarettes," and then he never returned. When Jimmy got older, he found it kind of funny that his father had become a stereotype. He became friends with another boy from town when he was young, a native american boy named Joseph, who's family farmed sheep outside of town. The two were inseparable, and made an unceasing ruckus from the time they were old enough to walk and onward. Both frequently were in trouble at school, and often were known for getting into fistfights. They were inseparable, and seemingly drawn to chaos. And if they could not find it, they were more than comfortable with creating it.

Jimmy and Joseph were together when they were suspended from middle school for getting in fistfights, together when they stole their first car and drove it into a ditch, and together when Jimmy concocted a plan to get even with his father. He had moved to Oregon, Jimmy knew because thats where his mother said the childcare checks had come from when he was a kid. They saved up money at their landscaping job, backed up Jimmy's truck and took Josephs gun, and headed north. They traveled for four days, and along the way picked up a woman who was originally from Virginia. She tagged along, having been drifting all year and just going where the wind took her. Joseph thought she looked tweaked, Jimmy thought she looked hot. After their trip, the three of them fell off at a shitty motel in a shitty little town in the forests of northern Oregon. Jimmy and Joseph found Jimmy's father, living in a double wide in eastern Oregon with a woman who Jimmy was fairly certain was his new wife. It didnt matter much, as soon as he opened the door Jimmy and Joseph jumped him, and proceed to beat the ever living shit out of him. And from there, Jimmy and Joseph set to work. They searched around Oregon and got jobs and an apartment, the woman living elsewhere but remaining friends with Jimmy. As Jimmy and Joseph worked for a year, Jimmy became quite friendly with the woman, and eventually they got married. The two of them moved into a little trailer, remained married for three and a half months, before the woman ran off one night and headed home to her family in Virginia.

Things began to look dire for both Jimmy and Joseph not long after, and after a fight with his neighbor that Jimmy was involved in, Joseph was kicked out of the apartment. "This is a nice building," the landlord said to him after he came home to find the locks changed and his stuff scattered out on the lawn. "I wont be having some thug come in here and live in one of my apartments when I could just as well have some nice family come in here who wont damage this places image." As the landlord spoke, Josephs fat, oxycodone addicted upstairs neighbor pissed himself and passed out behind them. Jimmy laughed from the car.

Joseph lived with Jimmy for a little while, before deciding that it simply wasnt worth it and headed back home to Texas. Jimmy continued in Oregon, unwilling to admit defeat. But when you were a 22 year old with only a high school diploma and a beater car to your name, in a state that wasn't yours where there was a warrant out for your arrest for aggravated assault, it wasn't like he had an awful lot of potential. Jimmy bummed around town, doing odd jobs and selling pot to get by, surviving on crackers and beer and increasingly finding himself staring at banks while holding his pistol. The more he thought about it, the more it seemed like a win win to him. Either he got away with a few thousand dollars to start over, or he was caught and got a free bed and three meals a day in prison. And with that line of thinking, one cold winter day Jimmy walked tall into a Bank Of America with a bandanna on his face and his boots clocking against the floor and robbed the bank of everything in every one of its tellers stations. He made a mad dash back to his car from the bank, where a passing police officer attempted to stop him, and Jimmy hit him over the head with the butt of his pistol. So by the time he was caught, when a police cruiser ran him off the road and his car flipped, scattering loose hundreds and twenties all over the freeway, Jimmy had accumulated a rap sheet that now included aggravated assault, multiple small time dealing charges for the pot, bank robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, assaulting and officer and evading arrest, most of which all occurred in the same hour and a half time period. It was a small miracle no one was killed.

The charges were obvious, and Jimmy was clearly the suspect. It was a open and shut case, and he was charged and convicted all within a week, before being sent off to Oregon State Penitentiary. In prions, he was bunked with an old, crotchety black man named Miles. Races didn't mix in prison, but Miles was far too old to care and was going to die in prison anyways, so he took Jimmy under his wing. Though he kept it relatively down low, he would eat with Jimmy and play chess with him, as well as showing him the ropes on the inside. He helped Jimmy acquire a shiv, and as Jimmy was skinny and fairly attractive he watched Jimmy's back in the showers.

Over time, Jimmy managed to make a name for himself within prison as funny and entertaining, something that in the end managed to save him. He had gained the relative respect of many of the other prisoners because he could keep them happy, by playing chess in competition for cigarettes and snack packs, and by telling wild tales over meals. One tale in particular however caught the eye of the men, and it was the story about the Blackwood family, and the money they had buried under their rose bushes. A lot of them didn't believe it, no matter how many times Jimmy insisted it was true. After all, he was known to have a tendency to over exaggerate his stories for emphasis, adding and subtracting elements to make it more exciting. But there were a few who believed him, accepting it when he stated that this was true down to the letter.

Finally, six years into Jimmy's stint in prison out of his twenty, Jimmy and nine others were set to be transferred across the state to the Snake River Correctional Institution. They had all been sent there for good behavior, the transfer into SRCI's medium security as opposed to the Oregon State Penitentiary's high security. None of them had caused any trouble in prison, and were deemed to be a lesser threat. So a week after they were told, all then of them were piled onto a prison bus and were sent off east along the highway. It was a boring, uncomfortable ride for most of it, everyone handcuffed to the seats in front of them and stuck on the hard and lumpy seats they were sitting on. They chatted some, but for the most part kept to themselves, except for a man named bill who babbled on incessantly. One couldn't really be surprised though, everyone knew Billy was crazy.

As it started to get dark, the animals started to come out. And a deer, a pretty doe, jumped out into the road in front of the bus and froze in the headlights. Surprised, the driver swerved, the bus careened, and flipped itself into a ditch. The windows shattered, everyone on the left side was left hanging from their handcuffs, and the guard walking up and down the isle was killed, his shotgun ending up in the hands of one of the convicts. When the driver pulled himself out of his chair and tried to draw his weapon, he was shot in a thunderous roar that deafened everyone in the confined space. One man got a hold of the keys and uncuffed everyone still alive, seven out of the original ten. There was a scuffle for the guns, and they all scattered. Jimmy ran, and was followed by four of his constituents, two of whom had managed to secure the shotgun and the drivers service pistol. Together, both panicked and excited they all sprinted into the woods, the taste of freedom intoxicating.
RP Sample: OP rights.

EXTRA'S

Dislikes: Rain, police, close minded people, ignorance, the ocean.
Greatest Fear: Doctors. Jimmy is scared of needles, and as he has gotten older that has translated into being deathly afraid of doctors.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good
Theme Song: Camper Van Beethoven - When I Win The Lottery

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:16 am

Tag this looks cool
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:39 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Tag this looks cool

Thanks, I hope you stick around

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Work in Progress

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 am

Philip Blackwood

Height: 6 feet
Weight: 201
Skills:
Imposing: His height combined with his build, lathered up with his personality and aura, make for a very intimidating presence. Expect deals to be somewhat one-sided in your favour if this guy is on your side. It also makes your regular disloyal thug sloppy in combat...
Hand-to-Hand Combat Expert: Time in the army has paid off, as he is capable of bringing down most people, armed with something sharp or no. Don’t expect him to be slapping guns off cops though, you’ll need a gun for that.
Good Shot: Again, that time in the army paid off, not to mention his constant visits to the range. He can consistently land shots that are of above average distance than the regular shooter’s.
Weaknesses:
Just Entered the Late 40s: This man has crossed the better half of his 40s and is on his way to the 50s. Exercise a lot or no, his age his showing. He isn’t as proficient in his combat than when he was in his 30s and late 20s. Have some mercy on the poor old man, will you?
Uncouth: His mouth is rather dirty to say the least. Has an average of two swear words per sentence, folks that hear him speak say about him, but he doesn’t quite listen to them, preferring to swear them down, a lot. Also means that he has a loud mouth.
Sentimental: Your only daughter missing and presumed dead? Check. Promising son also dead after the VT shooting? Check. Wife left you with your only remaining child? Check. He just wants the old times back, unfortunately, time travel isn’t a thing.
Weakness? Luck: See above, it may or may not be a weakness.
Personality: A rather cynical old man,
Equipment: A pickup truck, a bolt action rifle, a magnum revolver, ammo for both, a full tank of gas, $535, and an old canteen.
Group: Blackwood
Relationship With Other Characters: (no other Blackwood apps yet)
Bio:(Two five sentence paragraphs at least. Just pretend your in fifth grade again.
RP Sample: Bro come on bro this isn't funny bro

EXTRA'S
(These are not required, but are things which I think add some depth to a character.)

Greatest Fear:
Moral Alignment: (The D&D alignment chart for this one.)
Theme Song:

I’m posting this early so I can get some criticisms up and going to improve the character. Also a WIP.
Last edited by Guuj Xaat Kil on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

egg

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Philip Blackwood
Height: 6 feet
Weight: 201
Skills:
Imposing: His height combined with his build, lathered up with his personality and aura, make for a very intimidating presence. Expect deals to be somewhat one-sided in your favour if this guy is on your side. It also makes your regular disloyal thug sloppy in combat...
Hand-to-Hand Combat Expert: Time in the army has paid off, as he is capable of bringing down most people, armed with something sharp or no. Don’t expect him to be slapping guns off cops though, you’ll need a gun for that.
Good Shot: Again, that time in the army paid off, not to mention his constant visits to the range. He can consistently land shots that are of above average distance than the regular shooter’s.
Weaknesses:
Just Entered the Late 40s: This man has crossed the better half of his 40s and is on his way to the 50s. Exercise a lot or no, his age his showing. He isn’t as proficient in his combat than when he was in his 30s and late 20s. Have some mercy on the poor old man, will you?
Uncouth: His mouth is rather dirty to say the least. Has an average of two swear words per sentence, folks that hear him speak say about him, but he doesn’t quite listen to them, preferring to swear them down, a lot.
Sentimental: Your only daughter missing and presumed dead? Check. Promising son also dead after the VT shooting? Check. Wife left you with your only remaining child? Check. He just wants the old times back, unfortunately, time travel isn’t a thing.
Weakness? Luck: See above, it may or may not be a weakness.
Personality:
Equipment: (Confer with the others in your group about who gets what, as each group starts with a set amount of weapons, vehicles and money. As the RP goes on, your group will accumulate more items, and this will likely become less of an issue.)
Group: (Which group are you a part of? Escaped convicts, clean cops, dirty cops, ex wife's family or the Blackwoods?)
Relationship With Other Characters:
Bio:(Two five sentence paragraphs at least. Just pretend your in fifth grade again.
RP Sample: (You can provide one from another RP you have been a part of, or write one for this RP, whichever you chose.)

EXTRA'S

Greatest Fear:
Moral Alignment: (The D&D alignment chart for this one.)
Theme Song:

I’m posting this early so I can get some criticisms up and going to improve the character. Also a WIP.

Hmm, looks good so far. I look forward to seeing the rest of the app.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:27 pm

reserve me the second good cop slot please

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:56 pm

The Traansval wrote:reserve me the second good cop slot please

Can do bro.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:39 am

quick bump

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 am

I won't really be able to get an app up before next week, but can you reserve me a spot for an escaped convict?
Deus Vult, Infidel!

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 pm

I was in the middle of making an app for a good cop. I’ll try and change the app to make him a dirty cop now. Could you reserve a dirty cop slot please?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:40 pm

Aghrabia wrote:I won't really be able to get an app up before next week, but can you reserve me a spot for an escaped convict?

Sure, Ill add it in. And I look forward to seeing it.

The Archipelago Territory wrote:I was in the middle of making an app for a good cop. I’ll try and change the app to make him a dirty cop now. Could you reserve a dirty cop slot please?

Sure thing, though Im curious, why the sudden change to dirty cop?
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:58 pm

I'd also like to change to dirty cop, because I feel like being a dirty cop will fit my character just a bit better, so that clean cop space can be freed in any case.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I'd also like to change to dirty cop, because I feel like being a dirty cop will fit my character just a bit better, so that clean cop space can be freed in any case.

OK, ill swap it over.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse