NATION

PASSWORD

Antihero Force (OOC/RP is finished)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:58 am

Danceria wrote:Most interesting.

Please adapt your Tim character for this rp.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Krvava Koupel
Spokesperson

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Krvava Koupel » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:51 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Krvava Koupel wrote:
I sent you the telegram

Excellent I’ll take a gander

Having some thoughts/discussions now about power scaling

You have some interesting ideas but I was originally planning for the Mafia to mostly use standard firearms (at least at first).

I’m considering whether to scale the Mafia’s power up or to scale your character down a little. Battle turrets will give the Mafia a LOT of trouble for sure. I’m not sure I want them bringing in tons of RPGs and stuff because then we’re going to be playing with too much firepower... I haven’t read the rest yet

The battle turrets essentially have the same resistance power as a human with armor on. They're not that tough to take down, and since only one can be conjured at the same time (as of right now, the grander the Mechromancer, the more that can be conjured), it isn't overwhelming.
~Rulevoy Nikolai Lansov
"Dead Men Tell no Tales..."

Krvava Koupel
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Krvava Koupel » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:59 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Excellent I’ll take a gander

Having some thoughts/discussions now about power scaling

You have some interesting ideas but I was originally planning for the Mafia to mostly use standard firearms (at least at first).

I’m considering whether to scale the Mafia’s power up or to scale your character down a little. Battle turrets will give the Mafia a LOT of trouble for sure. I’m not sure I want them bringing in tons of RPGs and stuff because then we’re going to be playing with too much firepower... I haven’t read the rest yet

Ok Krava. I read though the powers. It's powerful but I think we can make it work.

It will add a quirkiness to the fighting style of the Mafia/Antiheroes for sure.

However, so long as the turret/mech can only be summoned one at a time and so long as the metal wielding can only be used to make melee weapons... and all of this is barred by considerable energy costs, I think we can make it work

Is that okay?

Good job!

It's krvava, but you can also call me Koupel :)

Metal Making can't be used to make bullets and what not, but can be used to make shards projectile, blade projectile, and walls. Since it is mostly defense, it won't exasperate all energy used, but Metal Making is a medium to High Damage, High Cool down type of magic. If it lands a hit, it can have some devastating blows depending, but it's definitely not enough to 1-shot kill an opponent. With it being a high cool down though, Oklan will resort to melee fighting, conjuring a sword or weapon of his choice (clearly not projectile), that won't be used magically. It won't necessarily be bigger than the opponent's either.
~Rulevoy Nikolai Lansov

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:
I had actually originally had the thought Giovanni could be Aurora's personal enforcer or as you said, high up there in rank.

We could either boost his physical abilities to be truly sustainable peak human, ie speeds of 40mph, able to safely utilize his bodies full physical strength(roughly 3-5 times stronger than average), etc, etc.

Alternatively, he could have a magical skill set, perhaps a form of blood magic to pair with the original skills, especially where his own blood is concerned.

I'm inclined to agree.

To give me some perspective, 40mph is that really incredible?

For a human, running, yeah i would say it is. Usain bolts top speed is something like 28 mph or the like, i think?

And the inclined to agree for which bit?

Kasa Tkoth Sphere wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
I'm inclined to agree.

Usain Bolt's top recorded speed in a sprint was less than thirty. To maintain forty "sustainably" would be utterly beyond known human capability (though maybe not beyond what's possible with current human anatomy), though some comic book communities and such like to call it "peak human" because it's not clearly understandable as superhuman to the untrained eye.

Well, to my understanding it is the theoretical peak human speed, give or take anyways. I would have to find the articles, but there are several i have referenced for similar characters in the past concerning strength, speed, reaction time, regen, etc.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Kasa Tkoth Sphere
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kasa Tkoth Sphere » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Well, to my understanding it is the theoretical peak human speed, give or take anyways. I would have to find the articles, but there are several i have referenced for similar characters in the past concerning strength, speed, reaction time, regen, etc.

I mean, I don't doubt any of that, but given that you'd need extensive use of drugs or even implants to push a human body to that speed (or strength etc.), the idea of a human being totally optimized for more than one of these very, very specialized things is a bit beyond current knowledge. What counts as "human" capability anyway rather than arbitrary future transhuman capability, of which you'd certainly need some to reach these levels in the first place?

Personally I like using "peak human" to describe capabilities on par with those of, say, the top one thousand or one hundred living humans in an area of expertise, and then accepting that a character can be peak human in one trait but probably not in several without calling upon the audience's suspension of disbelief. But this is a fictional setting where some degree of power level oddity is feasible, so you do you, honestly.
Last edited by Kasa Tkoth Sphere on Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Kasa Tkoth Sphere wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Well, to my understanding it is the theoretical peak human speed, give or take anyways. I would have to find the articles, but there are several i have referenced for similar characters in the past concerning strength, speed, reaction time, regen, etc.

I mean, I don't doubt any of that, but given that you'd need extensive use of drugs or even implants to push a human body to that speed (or strength etc.), the idea of a human being totally optimized for more than one of these very, very specialized things is a bit beyond current knowledge. What counts as "human" capability anyway rather than arbitrary future transhuman capability, of which you'd certainly need some to reach these levels in the first place?

Personally I like using "peak human" to describe capabilities on par with those of, say, the top one thousand or one hundred living humans in an area of expertise, and then accepting that a character can be peak human in one trait but probably not in several without calling upon the audience's suspension of disbelief. But this is a fictional setting where some degree of power level oddity is feasible, so you do you, honestly.

To me honestly the term peak human is too broad, does it mean peak average, or the absolute best any normal human could be in any category, etc.

But really, as the OP has said, the peak humans in this instance would most likely be near superhuman in aspects much like those displayed in Watchmen.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Kasa Tkoth Sphere wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
I'm inclined to agree.

Usain Bolt's top recorded speed in a sprint was less than thirty. To maintain forty "sustainably" would be utterly beyond known human capability (though maybe not beyond what's possible with current human anatomy), though some comic book communities and such like to call it "peak human" because it's not clearly understandable as superhuman to the untrained eye.

I’m okay with it so long as it’s not a Superman/Flash levels of speed blitz

I’m also okay with leaving things somewhat undefined (ex the exact max/average physical strength and speed) and just going what comic writers do... scaling with plot convenience and RP demands:)
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:What's the latest portrait of the Mafia Queen

I might come up with something...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:btw since Witchler is here are any other of your characters here

I mean, they genetically all exist in the same timeline

Depending on the iteration of the story though they may not live in the same time period

This is a largely experimental RP to see how well the Mafia Queen general character can be adapted over in RP and to test player interactions

I’ve alteady learned some things from Partyhouse Murders (I’m still committed to giving an ending there).

If this goes well, there could be a future RP with the others (ex Annie)

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Krvava Koupel wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ok Krava. I read though the powers. It's powerful but I think we can make it work.

It will add a quirkiness to the fighting style of the Mafia/Antiheroes for sure.

However, so long as the turret/mech can only be summoned one at a time and so long as the metal wielding can only be used to make melee weapons... and all of this is barred by considerable energy costs, I think we can make it work

Is that okay?

Good job!

It's krvava, but you can also call me Koupel :)

Metal Making can't be used to make bullets and what not, but can be used to make shards projectile, blade projectile, and walls. Since it is mostly defense, it won't exasperate all energy used, but Metal Making is a medium to High Damage, High Cool down type of magic. If it lands a hit, it can have some devastating blows depending, but it's definitely not enough to 1-shot kill an opponent. With it being a high cool down though, Oklan will resort to melee fighting, conjuring a sword or weapon of his choice (clearly not projectile), that won't be used magically. It won't necessarily be bigger than the opponent's either.

Okay works for me

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:21 pm

So was the increased physical specs or the magic preferred?

Also, would being Auroras go to enforcer or just a lieutenant be preferred?

Your answer in the initial post seemed ambiguous to me, IM.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:30 pm

Shadowwell wrote:So was the increased physical specs or the magic preferred?

I was thinking physical would be better.

The metal mage guy can be the Mafia Mage (at least at RP start they might switch sides who knows).

A high ranking elite enforcer probably works better. Maybe he’s a guy the Queen goes to if things go really south?

Do you want a full complement of goons as well?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:41 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:So was the increased physical specs or the magic preferred?

I was thinking physical would be better.

The metal mage guy can be the Mafia Mage (at least at RP start they might switch sides who knows).

A high ranking elite enforcer probably works better. Maybe he’s a guy the Queen goes to if things go really south?

Do you want a full complement of goons as well?

Sure for the goons, this gives me a more concrete idea for the app now. Even with his specs he'll need some meat shields to take hits while he closes the distance.

I mean, he needs loyal and valued subordinates to help him remove thorns in the Queen's side.
Experiencing some weather right now so finishing it will have to be put off a bit.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:33 am

bump
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:43 am

Triassica wrote:I'll get a Catwoman style character up soon.

So when you submit, if my count is correct we have 7 players

I think Haven said a few more are coming
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:16 am

Name: Roger Sterniest (Male)
Appearance: Measures 1.89 has black hair brown eyes and always wears gloves
Skillset: It is very strong and fast and has great aim with weapons, it is capable of hitting the target 1km away
Personality: He is serious but sometimes he jokes
Weaknesses/Fears: A blow to the right shoulder can injure him since 3 weeks before (that is before writing this) that shoulder dislocated, has few fear
Likes: He always likes to work alone, while personal tastes he likes tea and fruit juices.
Dislikes: He hates dumb people and they talk about his shoulder
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: He joined the Antihero because he was against the mafia where he was persecuted to be convicted, he was alone for a long time and entered to end this hard moment that everyone is going through
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:33 pm

BOLGANO wrote:Name: Roger Sterniest (Male)
Appearance: Measures 1.89 has black hair brown eyes and always wears gloves
Skillset: It is very strong and fast and has great aim with weapons, it is capable of hitting the target 1km away
Personality: He is serious but sometimes he jokes
Weaknesses/Fears: A blow to the right shoulder can injure him since 3 weeks before (that is before writing this) that shoulder dislocated, has few fear
Likes: He always likes to work alone, while personal tastes he likes tea and fruit juices.
Dislikes: He hates dumb people and they talk about his shoulder
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: He joined the Antihero because he was against the mafia where he was persecuted to be convicted, he was alone for a long time and entered to end this hard moment that everyone is going through

Approved, welcome !

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:35 pm

What's your take (everyone) on how much of a role magic should play?

I like the focus on hand to hand combat, gunfights, and limited magic to promote varied fighting styles (if magic were too powerful than everyone would go magical possibly).

However, some people are interested in exploring a situation where magic has more impact?

What's your take on this?

Kasa Tkoth Sphere
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kasa Tkoth Sphere » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:What's your take (everyone) on how much of a role magic should play?

I like the focus on hand to hand combat, gunfights, and limited magic to promote varied fighting styles (if magic were too powerful than everyone would go magical possibly).

However, some people are interested in exploring a situation where magic has more impact?

I'd prefer magic to take a more subtle background role, if only because I've had my fill of magic recently and would prefer the gritty action-movie vibe to the young-adult edgy-modern-fantasy one. Just a matter of present taste, I think.

Krvava Koupel
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Krvava Koupel » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:18 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:What's your take (everyone) on how much of a role magic should play?

I'd say it depends on the situation itself. If it's magic use vs magic user, it would make more sense to bring magic more into the scene than anything else, as that's probably what they're proficient in. Obviously magic can still be used against other fighting styles, but it should be more limited.
~Rulevoy Nikolai Lansov

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:16 pm

I see... makes sense

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:17 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Danceria wrote:Most interesting.

Please adapt your Tim character for this rp.

What is this Tim character?

Also, Haven I thought you were going to use the Kier? ;)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:26 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Please adapt your Tim character for this rp.

I decided to use Ander instead.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:18 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I decided to use Ander instead.

so a couple of your pals might sign up too?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:19 am

I'm not sure when we could launch but if we could launch, I have a whole day off tomorrow. Could move the plot a couple of pages.

Unless you want to keep Sign Ups for a few more days?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse